[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie spoopy at all or just gory? anyone recommend it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (80 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
80 KB, 720x1080
Is this movie spoopy at all or just gory? anyone recommend it?
>>
Some people say it's good, some say it's bad. But I enjoyed.
>>
>>17613925
not scary, not bloody.
>>
>>17613925
What's weird is how OP posts once a day at least pimping this film, has done so last 50 days or so.
>>
>>17613938
first time poster. It's suppose to be an actual scary movie so no wonder you get a lot of posts on here about it
>>
>>17613934
This.

It was just a good mystery.
>>
>>17613966
samefag
>>
>>17613973
its a mystery movie? i thought it was just a witch fucking with a family?
>>17613975
samefag as who?
>>
>>17613982
Nope, there's mystery. It makes you question things. Don't wanna spoil it for anyone so I'll leave it at that.

It's not scary, or gory. I think there was 1 jump scare the whole movie. The story itself is more a mystery.
>>
I bet the same people who recommended this also recommended Babadook and It Follows.
I didn't like the two so I'm not hyped about this one.
>>
It's not really scary at all. Or particularly gory. I didn't like it at all honestly. It was very slow.
>>
>>17613982
>a witch fucking with a family?
i gotta see this. but maybe later.
>>
>>17613925
Far too slow, could of been good if the woods played a more prominent role.
>>
>>17614020
I thought it follows had its charm
>>
>>17614015
alright that sounds interesting. was the movie slow like everyone else is saying?
>>
I found it creepy at times and interesting. Worth a watch for sure
>>
>>17614074
I think people were expecting a jumpscare fest. It's a story, not a horror. Anyone that says it's slow have short attention spans. Shit starts pretty much straight away.
>>
If anyone wants a stream or dl link gimme a shout.

The film was worth the wait imo. Not what I expected.
>>
It's mostly atmospheric. Good movie, but I'd say it's more unsettling than scary.
>>
>>17614198
Yes pls for a stream link
>>
>>17614198
link?
>>
i found it too slow and boring.
>>
its boring some but a bit good
only like 2 semi scary scenes
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 596x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 596x850
To be honest I loved this movie, it's not necessarily 'scary' but I considered it more evil than anything, kind of hard to truly explain but I highly recc it.
>>
>>17614203
kinda like the omen?

i'll probably have to check this out then
>>
>>17614217
>>17614219

https://openload.co/embed/ThlT1Do8wOQ/
>>
>>17614370
Thanks
>>
>>17614370

Few other streams

vidzi.tv/ncl3q1cgcyqd.html

thevideo.me/aguzha0dgzu9

streamin.to/p63m05rhfx1v

DL links

1fichier.com/?3klhek8ak0

clicknupload.link/fy44dul7g071
>>
>>17614409

Welcome ;)

(fyi, the sites usually have ads pop-ups on the first click, so be ready to close them If you don't have ublockorigin or adblock browser add-on)
>>
Fucking pretentious shit! It felt like a snobby film maker made it to be edgy. I was expecting a spoopy movie. I was bored out of my mind.

Krampus was scarier and 10x better.
>>
Now that we already have a movie thread, I'll just abuse this instead of making another one about a slightly different topic.

Can you guys recommend horror/mystery movies that:
- don't have jump scares
- don't have tons of gore or violence
- don't show the monster all the time
- don't have teens or cabins in the woods

I'd strongly prefer something actually thrilling and not cheap tricks to startle me. Most horror and mystery movies simply spoil the experience for me because the lousy film makers highlight: "this is the scary part. You are supposed to scream now." I am looking for something that really creeps me out on some primal level and doesn't leave my brain after the movie ends.
>>
>>17613925
Pretty much a very atmospheric, sound reaching, story telling film with a decent plot. Nothing like the recycled bullshit of jump scares galore. In fact, I don't think there was one at all.
>>
>>17613925
It's a boring cult movie... so NO
>>
>>17613925
Its better than all shit the Hollywoodian mainstream 'horror' industry has been throwing at us,but nothing mesmerizing or astonishing.
The pace is good and the setting too,but the plot(specially the end) is disappointing for the hype.
>>
>>17616630
There is a 1980 film called The Changeling, with George C. Scott. Might be what you are looking for.
>>
>>17616229
Normies getOutREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17613925
tried watching it before and fell asleep, tried watching it again last night and fell asleep....
>>
>>17613925
that blone girl in the movie is the hottest girl i've seen in years
>>
>>17617318
Are you 9?
>>
>>17613925
I would tell you if I could find ONE good torrent
>>
>>17613925

Watch it and find out. At worst you've spent 2 hours doing something you didn't like, but you're mentally rewarded for it, you have new ideas and new concepts. Hell you could spend that 2 hours jacking off.
>>
>>17616630
The Witch
House of The Devil
Babadook
The Shining
The Exorcist
The Tunnel
Lake Mungo
>>
>>17617319
>all that talk about in the film about signing books naked
>close ups of her cleavage throughout
>you never get a clear shot of her naked

Fucking tease film
>>
>>17616630
Some of these are more horror and some of them are more "thriller", but they're all films that had scenes or ideas that stuck with me a while:

Noroi (The Curse)
The Prestige
The Vanishing
The Shining (Stanley Kubrick, there's also a lot of conspiracy theories around this film and Kubrick himself)
The Game + Se7en (David Fincher)
Memento (Christopher Nolan)
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Jacob's Ladder
Pontypool
Eraserhead + Twin Peaks (because David Lynch)
Miller's Crossing + Blood Simple (Coen Brothers thrillers, so a lot of dark humor with some devastating shit)
Also throwing in these last two:
The Box (not really scary but pure what the fuck is happening factor, directed by the same guy who did Donnie Darko. also a christmas movie?)
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (same director as Old Boy, because it's got some heavy parts and is a damn good film)
>>
Honestly one of the best horror films I have seen in a long time
>>
Honestly, I found it pretty interesting. My experience in the theaters was kinda sucky, since there was a huge group of teenagers laughing and cracking jokes the whole movie. I suggest watching at home, but anyway. The movie is rather slow paced. If you're looking for something to actually scare you, I don't suggest this movie. However, in my opinion The Witch was more of a "creep out" sorta movie. There's really no (or even little) gore in it, some nudity, and maybe one jumpscare. The music in the movie really sets you up to think that something scary will happen, but nothing really does. I liked that part of it. I think my friend told me that the movie was based on witch stories from back in the day. Just to make this brief; it's not scary, just creepy. Watch if you want, I liked it.
>>
>>17614074
It's a film not a flick
>>
>>17616630
I got you bro. It's a mature psychological thriller/horror.
>>
>>17613925
I thought it was good. It's slow tho.
>>
>>17617324
>torrent

kek

>>>17614422
>clicknupload.link/fy44dul7g071

literally took me 5 minutes to dl. thanks streaming fag
>>
In the beginning there's a scene that makes you go "dude wtf" but then that's it. Have fun trying to understand what the little boy says.
>>
>>17617319
>>17617407
She looks fucking spookily like someone I used to work with, and she wasn't even the hottest girl working there

Boy did I fuck up getting fired kek
>>
It wasn't what I expected, honestly, there's very little outright supernatural stuff, which I think just a smidgen more would have helped it along.

However, it's very atmospheric, the acting is fucking god tier even from the little kids, I want to see it again now that I know what I'm in for.
>>
>>17613925

It got 90% on rotten tomatoes... A HORROR movie got 90%. Oddly though, the masses only gave it 54%. Not sure which way to go on that.
>>
>>17618096
I honestly understand the reaction. As pretentious as I'm about to sound, this isn't a 'masses' movie, this isn't the shit groups of teens go to in the cinema to scream at, this isn't another Insidious sequel.

You like exclusively spooky backwoods colonial New England shit with authentic period dialogue? You're in for a treat. It's a densely atmospheric romp through a family's descent into doom.

Are you anyone else? Get a refund.

It just isn't designed to appeal to anyone but a niche group. You have to care about the subject matter. Not that that's bad, it just doesn't make for a huge success, really.
>>
>>17614049
it's multiple witches and satan fucking with a family
>>
>>17614021
Spot the pleb.
>>
>>17613925
I saw this movie one day ,it was very enjoy maam
>>
>>17617472
I want to see Pontypool. Any streams?
>>
>>17618867
Just play MGSV. Literally exact same story.
>>
>>17616630
the original Wicker Man or Ken Russel's The Devils are a couple. Lots of older horror films are like this.
>>
I live in Detroit. Normally I drive outside the city to the far (white) suburbs when I want to see a movie because I can't stand the way black people behave at the movies.

For some stupid reason I watched The Witch at a theatre in Detroit. And holy fuck did the black people in that theatre hate the movie. And they were very vocal with their hatred.

The black gentleman sitting next to me kept yelling "this shit is some damn ememinight shyaloloman shit ya'll fuck dis shit!"
>>
>>17613925
Any of these streams without the subtitles at the bottom?
>>
>>17613925

>Is this movie spoopy at all or just gory?

It's neither.
>>
>>17613925

It's a good film.

The ending is really stupid, but it's good otherwise.

The horror (IMO) comes not so much from the supernatural stuff as from the sense of utter dread as the family struggles against the elements. That's portrayed masterfully, it's like you actually feel their panic and despair.
>>
>>17614020
I was genuinely scared by the babadook, auditory effects do a lot for me and the thing sounded scary as hell.
End was shit and characters were shit, I can agree with you there.
>>
I call bullshit how did the witch take the fucking baby in the first place the blonde bitch closed her eyes for five seconds.
>>
>>17618867
it's on netflix bro, or go on putlocker
>>
>>17613982
how is it a fucking mystery they show the witch in like the first 20 minutes?
>>
Not great but worth watching if you like horror movies. 6.5/10

I was disappointed because of the hype on this board combined with my inner wish to see a really great horror movie. If you don't go in with super high expectations you will probably enjoy yourself.

Scary? Not really. More of an interesting look at evil and struggle.

Gory? Not especially.
>>
File: 1461463179125.gif (3 MB, 360x303) Image search: [Google]
1461463179125.gif
3 MB, 360x303
In my opinion this movie is shit. Absolute shit. It wasnt original. My friend was like 'they recommended it in the New Yorker.' Well the New Yorker and this movie are shit.
>>
>>17620933
>it wasn't original
>2016 AC
>>
>>17613925
Yeah it was not a particularly good movie. I was expecting something different than we were given. It was mostly like symbolism in the bible, not scary in the slightest and nearly impossible to understand what they were saying due to accent and "language"
3/10
>>
>>17616229
Shit taste alert
>>
>>17613925
It's fucked up but in a ??? kind of way not a NOPENOPENOPE.jpg kind of way
>>
Watched it last night, wasn't anything spectacular but I liked it. I liked the old timey setting and dialog, and the old-school folklore witchcraft stuff. It wasn't scary, but it had a nice unsettling atmosphere throughout. But still, nothing amazing and not for everyone, I guess.
>>
>>17618914
>going to a cinema in downtown detroit.

gratiot at eastern market checking in. you must be fucking mental, son.
>>
Could anybody recommend a good horror/thriller/suspense kinda movie that takes place in the past with a gothic atmosphere/castle, some examples could be the haunting(99),bram stokems dracula, the 9th gate, silent hill are movies im kinda in the mood for.
thx
>>
>>17622226
Crimson Peak
Rebecca
The Woman In Black
House on Haunted Hill
The Others
The Orphanage
Shutter Island
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (video game)
Phantom of the Opera (1925)
>>
not sure why, but i must have masturbated 4 times while watching the witch.
>>
>>17613925
Only scary if you're a christfag.
>>
Basically, if you're north american, you'll probably want to stick to films like Saw or Human Centipede.
The Witch is British Drama with a horror backdrop. Subsequently, it's more suited to European audiences, who tend to hold superior taste in film compared to people from the US and Canada.

*disclaimer: please don't argue, as we know there is some level of truth to this.
>>
File: futureweedandalienbud.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
futureweedandalienbud.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 8fb.jpg (31 KB, 680x259) Image search: [Google]
8fb.jpg
31 KB, 680x259
>>17622828
Amerilard here, admitting is the first step to recovery...our taste in media as a collective nation is sub-par at best. Pic related, mfw admitting hurts
>>
>>17616229
I can't wait for Krampus 2: Krampus in da hood
>>
File: 2ff.jpg (54 KB, 541x380) Image search: [Google]
2ff.jpg
54 KB, 541x380
>>17622828
It isn't the fucking 'Wicker Man', you snobbish twat. It was a mashed-together splash of drama, folklore, and half-hearted horror scenes. The production quality, setting, and general historical accuracy improve the presentation of the film, but the plotline and coherency are wretched.
>>
>>17622729
prob cus the fuckin younger version of the red cloaked witch is

FUCKING
H O T
>>
>>17618882
a weapon to surpass metal gear??
>>
It's a superb film with abysmal marketing.

It's a historical drama with horror elements, similar to something like Onibaba which also suffers from often being sold as a horror film when it isn't.

I was expecting some classic folk horror, the sort of thing with a creeping sense of dread with not much actually happening, but instead it's a really well done drama about paranoia and people breaking under stress, but isn't really scary.
>>
underage faggots who can't understand old dialects of English need not watch.
>>
>>17622828
A bit of a generalization bud.
>>
>>17616630

Get some folk horror down your neck.

The Wicker Man
The Devil Rides Out
The Stone Tape
Night of the Demon (The MR James adaptation, not the hilariously bad Bigfoot film of the same name, which is worth a watch too for entirely different reasons)
Robin Redbreast
Kill List
Witchfinder General (arguably not a true horror film)
Beasts (6 episode anthology TV show. In particular the episodes "Baby" and "During Barty's Party". Also there's an episode about a vengeful ghost dolphin)
Quatermass and the Pit (TV or film version, both good. Other Quatermass stories are more sci-fi than horror)
Whistle and I'll Come to You (BBC TV one-off special. Original, not remake)
A Ghost Story for Christmas (anthology show. In particular "A Warning to the Curious" and "The Signalman".)
>>
>>17616989
When I saw it someone fell down the stairs in the cinema during the tense sequence at night that ends with the woman having her tits pecked off by ravens.

Scariest jump scare of all time.
>>
Daily reminder that the horror genre is shit these days because people wants to get scared instead of watching actual CINEMA.

If you think an horror movie is shit because it didnt scared you, maybe you should try another kind of movies like Hunger Games or Twilight.
>>
>>17618914
>paying to watch a film in a packed theater with niggers
>not waiting 2 months to watch it online
>my son
>>
>>17624566
I'm just being facetious really. I do believe that European would be more accustomed to the film's pacing, however.

The only American horror I can think of with similar pacing is Session 9.
>>
>>17619245

SPOILERS

Oh, thank goodness somebody else agrees with me. I loved the movie up until it, but that ending was pretentious as fuck and it went nowhere innovative. Just "witches are real and despite the fact that they slaughtered the protag's entire family and eat babies she's going to become one too lmao ur god is ded." Ugh.

SPOILERS
>>
>>17614020
this separates itself by actually being a serious period piece on top of being supernatural horror

babadook is pure garbage though
>>
Witch 2 get
>>
>>17625181
[spoiler]did you not even question why for some reason the protagonist is the only person who comes into contact with the witch and isnt killed?[/spoiler]
>>
>>17624570
excellent list.
>>
>>17625181
The whole process of destroying her family was the method used by the devil to recruit her. If you're the devil of puritan lore than you can't just stroll up to the girl when she's pissing in the weeds and ask her if she wants to fuck you for super powers. You have to woo her in some way, and that would be difficult given that she starts out an extremely pious daughter of an extremely pious family. He couldn't just stroll up to her while she's pissing in the weeds or praying and ask her if she's down to fuck. He would need to convince her to turn against her family, and disregard the warnings of every elder and authority figure that she has ever known about giving in to the temptation of the devil. Perhaps the devil figured that he only way to recruit this new qt into his coven was to get rid of her family, leaving her alone and frightened in the wilderness and without any doubt that the devil was real, and that witches who served him possessed real power. At that point she basically had three choices: she could just sit there and pray for help until she dies, she could try to walk back to the plantation and hope she isn't killed by wolves or witches, or she could ask the devil for help, give him her body and soul, and live deliciously.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.