[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being an atheist is boring. How do I trick myself into becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 17
File: 1399064935025.png (411 KB, 720x541) Image search: [Google]
1399064935025.png
411 KB, 720x541
Being an atheist is boring. How do I trick myself into becoming a satanist or a vegan or something?
>>
>>17558359
watch some cow/pig slaughter videos

Fucking did the trick for me I'll tell ya what
haven't been able to look at meat for the past year, get extremely aggressive at friends when they wave it in my face as a joke

yeah the full fucking package
>>
File: 1456193495986.jpg (75 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1456193495986.jpg
75 KB, 700x525
>>17558359
Read occult books.
Watch fucked up documentaries.
Welcome to /x/
>>
>>17558413
Any good documentary recs?
>>
>>17558359

Know that I am the king.

Know that I am fire, from fire comes all of existence.

Know that I love you, I am the heart, that which murders with love, the lion.

Know that I am willing to protect beauty, willing to isolate and contain the demon hordes who will not, lest our realm become ugly like theirs.

Know that God is my brother, and in both of us there are demonic hordes that are kept contained.

Know to pick the losing side of Christianity and Satanism in order to grow the complexity of consensual war without casualty.
>>
>>17558359
if you're an atheist you're already giving your power to satan
>>
>>17558359
>vegan
>>
>>17558441
This should turn you vegetarian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H5AKmS_0lM

Realising you are Buddha.
https://vimeo.com/115006689
>>
>>17558441
Mythic Journeys, Kumare.
>>
File: 4chan.png (94 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
94 KB, 2000x2000
>>17558359
become an discordian
>>
>>17558359
Read Evola. He discusses the "death of God" talked about by Nietzsche as only the death of theistic god of religion and the nihilism that would follow. But the death of God actually allows for the possibility of men (those who have not fallen to nihilistic materialism) transcending their merely human and individual condition. How? Read his books.
>>
>>17558359
You can be an atheist who is also a Satanist and a vegan. None of those three are necessarily exclusive to each other.
>>
Satanism is basically atheism but has a center focus on true human nature.
>>
File: emp.gif (11 KB, 100x165) Image search: [Google]
emp.gif
11 KB, 100x165
start questioning more about the status quo
>>
File: bob2.jpg (10 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
bob2.jpg
10 KB, 200x250
>>17559561
do this

see the fnords.
>>
>>17559614
Better: Stop believing that there is a status quo at all.
>>
Check out the videos of Alan Watts. He's pretty accessible and reasonable.
>>
>>17559825
>accessible and reasonable
>how to fail entirely at spirituality
>>
File: edfg.png (312 KB, 670x530) Image search: [Google]
edfg.png
312 KB, 670x530
>>17558359
watch this video OP.
>>
File: 1322208552979.jpg (36 KB, 460x443) Image search: [Google]
1322208552979.jpg
36 KB, 460x443
>>17558359
http://www.nationearth.com/earthlings-1/
>>
>>17558391
I've seen many and i eat meat freely.
I hate eating fish,though,i find it creepy.
I just feel that it will start moving and shit because of a bunch of japanese videos that i've seen on youtube.
>>
>>17558359
Alright good question, I shall follow it up with this:
If you are wanting to findn a faith.

Why not just become Norse?
>>
>>17558391
Typical vegan faggot.
>>
>>17558391
This doesn't work for most males though because they're sociopaths and most females because they have zero willpower.
>>
hail satin
>>
>>17558359
I legitimately laughed out loud, good one op. 10/10

But if you want a religion, find one that seems mostly plausible to you, and research the history. Use said religion to explain your surroundings, and find strength in it, or use it to weaken things you're not fond of.
Faith comes in time, whether indoctrinated or self discovered.
>>
>>17558391
You've never been hungry enough to kill and eat an animal yourself, have you?
>>
>>17561546
Typical millennial sociopath faggot.
>>
Go to a tent revival.
Or if you're a weeb just become shinto. There's a wiki how for it.
>>
>>17561898
typical tipically tipicalogs fnordians tipicallians.
>>
File: schism of the mind.jpg (2 MB, 6450x2401) Image search: [Google]
schism of the mind.jpg
2 MB, 6450x2401
>>17561845
>This doesn't work for most males though because they're sociopaths
They are just aren't using their whole brain.
>>
File: 41J6D-GNI7L.jpg (31 KB, 312x500) Image search: [Google]
41J6D-GNI7L.jpg
31 KB, 312x500
>>17558359
Being an atheist isn't boring, you are.

The stories and myths of religion are boring and trite, while the reality of reality is more fantastic than anything religion has imagined. Look into biology, physics, chemistry, astronomy, geology, mathematics, and human history and you will learn things more fantastic than religion has dreamed of. Even practical things such as manufacturing and modern agriculture give lifetimes of complexity and fascination.

What being an atheist facilitates is cutting out all the mystical diversions and traps and lets you focus on all the interesting shit that actually exists. Of course you can still be an atheist and be a boring person.

There is a field devoted to the study of the fundamental problems of existence. It is called philosophy. Do yourself a favor and purchase an introductory overview of philosophy, such as "The History of Philosophy" by Bertrand Russell. This field connects to pretty much any other intellectual field, so it is a good starting point if you want true knowledge.

This is the true red pill. What you are looking for is a blue pill: to delude yourself into believing that boring fairy tale crap is real.
>>
>>17561930

>Mark Passio material on /x/

Nice. I just wish he wouldn't go fucking crazy like all vegans eventually do. Listening to his earlier podcasts and 2014 onward is like listening to two different people.

Still an amazing presenter.
>>
>>17558359
you do not need tricks
you need enlightenment
start with checking out Demiurge
then proceed to noticing you have a soul
which defines who your and only your consciousness is
and is unrelated to the body and mind
then come back
>>
File: yiff orgy.jpg (175 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
yiff orgy.jpg
175 KB, 683x1024
>>17561845
>implying killing an animal isn't more sociopathic than eating vegetables
>implying that it doesn't take MORE willpower to be vegan after growing up on and still surrounded by omnivorous diets

congratulations, you're autistic.
>>
>>17561974
What opie is seeking is wholeness, what can't be made out of inflexible things forever. All metals get weak with enough use, all manufactured things become common and then devalued. Atheism doesn't leave room for percieved rebirth. If you look at any tree's growth pattern, they all have times of percieved stalling, where they work inwards on a percieved goal. This is meditation. It's not mystical, it's factual. The sun goes into meditation, as do we. Our basic wiring is primitave and superstititious, we are actually beasts. We are supposed to be able to trust our leaders and our images, but now they only seek to exploit us.

Religion that is done consciously, searched for, customized to your life, this is helpful. Just like going to bed at the same time each night, and rising at the same time each morning is good for you. It helps you regimentize your life, simplify it. It's like using a cup made from fired mud around your house, rather than something shipped over 9000 miles away, made from their slightly better dirt.

The truth isn't duality. Religions suck, they are like leeches. But leeches used to be prescribed for excess richness in the blood. After feasting too much, after drinking too much, or after being too angry for too long, leeches, applied until you get drowsy, and then restful sleep happened. Religion is not bad for those who's intellect is so strong it saps your health, because intellect without health is suffering. But so too is health without intellect.
You can't know yourself, because you are mutable. You've been affected subtly by all the things you've ever seen and heard, or read. If everyone you know is atheist, why question them and risk alienation?

It's because the truth is seen in thoughts then transferreed to deeds. It's not weird that those deeds are most commonly done by religious people, because they develop a framework to work with. Though sometimes you must color outside the lines.
>>
File: 1458095505004.jpg (30 KB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
1458095505004.jpg
30 KB, 600x379
Atheist cant comprehend the idea of faith, the definition of faith is.

>(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Now then again, not all religions are theistic, for instance laveyan satanism is the nontheistc form of satanism .

And another thing is that you do not have to follow a religion to be a spiritual person
>>
>>17561974

>Bertrand Russell
>Here, read this NWO enginneer to become a full blown left-brain secondary psycopath
>This is the true red pill

Nice try satanist
>>
>>17558359
shame kinda looks like a version of cosmic spiderman from the 90's
>>
>>17562100
If Satanists offer rational and genuine advice, and encourage people to focus their life energies into the hard sciences that actually improve Human life and our understanding of the Cosmos, then I wish we were all Satanists.

Except he said nothing about Satan. Only you did, because you seem to have bought into the incoherent schizophrenic ramblings of totally deluded morons like Alex Jones or Glenn Beck.
>>
>>17562099
>That picture
>4th grade level imagery and symbolism
>Endorses a man who speaks at a 4th grade level
>Presumes black-and-white dichotomy
Ill take the Dunning-Kruger Effect for 200, Alex.
>>
>>17562099
>Atheist cant comprehend the idea of faith, the definition of faith is.

>(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Most atheists are former religious people. Chances are, they understand faith (and its flaws) better than most religious people.

Not agreeing with or accepting an ideology / idea doesn't inherently mean you don't understand it. It actually suggests you do understand the idea, because you know enough about it and how it works to categorically reject it with logical reasoning instead of emotional reasoning.
>>
>>17562078
>Doesn't understand atheism
>Doesn't understand biology
>Doesn't understand meditation
>Doesn't understand human motivation
>Says duality is wrong, then explains what is right by using a dualistic example

For some reason, your picture and the first sentence got my hopes up that this post would be some enlightened comment influenced by Buddhist philosophy. Unfortunately, it appears the author has an extremely weak grasp of Buddhism and dualism, and science generally, and isn't making a coherent point. It's a shame, too, because lines like...

>You've been affected subtly by all the things you've ever seen and heard, or read.

...are actually pretty legit. Too bad it's just a few gems covered in a mountain of cow shit.
>>
>>17561845
People are pretty awesome. You're probably a really shitty person, and/or surrounded by really shitty people.
>>
>>17559639
>Better: Stop believing that there is a status quo at all.

a what?
>>
>>17558359
I'll give my 0.02$ because 90% of the responses in this thread are borderline shitposts.

If you're an atheist looking for meaning, try psychedelics. Listen to people like Alan Watts or Terence McKenna. Study the natural sciences, like biology, geology, meteorology, astronomy, or chemistry or something else. Try constructive hobbies like drawing/painting, building with wood or metals, writing, travel, or whatever.

The biggest problem most people have nowadays is themselves; were so apathetic and over-saturated with entertainment that no one feels the urge to go out and DO anything anymore. We're growing into passive, bovine-like people whose hobbies include watching glowing lights on screens and eating copious amounts of food designed to be unhealthy. Get out of your own way and just start DOING things. The hardest part is getting started.
>>
>>17562288
A status quo.

The way things are. The vernacular. The normal, everyday things that define a normal day for a normal person in a given place.
>>
>>17562303
Continued:

When you stop believing in the status quo, you stop binding yourself with the limitations of the culture you live in. You stop being controlled by social expectations, cultural demands, and the standard group-think that defines reality for the masses in any given country.
>>
>>17562240

>I wish we were all Satanists.

Yeah i bet you would you fucking shill
>>
>>17558359
Being an atheist is not boring. There are lots of interesting impications to deal with. Don't take the easy way out.
>>
Let's try to take a logical approach, and tell me what you think. Atheism is totally reasonable according to the extent of our knowledge on biology, the universe etc. But isn't it ignorant to assume that the extent of our knowledge IS the extent of the truth? That we're the highest form of intelligence? When ants come into contact with us, they don't even have the ability to recognize our superior intelligence. let alone contemplate the possibility of complex thought of which we are capable. Take this analogy a step above us. We conjure our own ideas of God and Satan and whatever (like ants see us as big things without any consideration to our capabilities), but like ants, those ideas are limited by the possibility that we are too dumb to even comprehend their nature -- let alone understand or relate to it. How could an ant prove how smart we are? Bottom line, the ant is too dumb to even entertain the nature or concept of intelligence, not to mention quantify it.

Now let's consider this kind of analogy from a somewhat universal/dimensional approach. We live in a 3D (or a 4D world - however you wanna look at it, doesn't really matter). Now let's go a step simpler, to the 2nd dimension. Imagine there are sentient beings living in the 2nd dimension - say the surface of a body of water. The 3rd dimension still exists, but any overlapping between the two could only be experienced in 2 dimensional terms by the 2nd dimension. Like if a person dove into this body of water, the 2 dimensional beings would only be able to observe the cross section of the body as it passed through the surface of the water. The idea that all of these cross-sections could exist simultaneously to comprise a single being in a whole new dimension would be beyond them. Now relate this concept to our perception of the world. Perhaps "Gods" or whatever -- these transient beings -- exist in a dimension that we can't even comprehend because we can only observe them from our simpleton 3D view.
>>
>>17558359

Atheists equate qualities with patterns but patterns (e.g., a chessboard) are composed of qualities (e.g., black and white). If black and white were patterns, instead of black and white we would see patterns of patterns of patterns of...
>>
Gonna need some sauce on that pic, OP.
>>
File: 1453213786516.png (178 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1453213786516.png
178 KB, 330x319
>>17562446
>Atheism
>Not the easy way out
>>
>>17562503
>Implying it's easier to face reality as it is, using your own critical thinking to establish a workable morality and set of values that will benefit you and the people in your life

>Than it is to imagine that the creator of all of existence loves and cherishes your tiny monkey ass so much he'll let you, your family, and all your friends live with him forever in a palace in the sky if you just follow his rules

Religion is the easy way out, hands down. It's not even an argument.
>>
>>17558391
I've slaughtered animals and eaten them myself. Sounds like you are just a sissy
>>
File: Talos_Shrine.jpg (305 KB, 1163x1600) Image search: [Google]
Talos_Shrine.jpg
305 KB, 1163x1600
>>17558359
Join a fake religion. Like Dudeism or the Church of the SubGenius. That way you don't have to believe anything, because even the "believers" don't actually believe in it.

Personally I'd pretend to worship Talos if I was forced to be religious but choice of religion didn't matter.
>>
So, you want a little fun, eh?

Check this fine book out.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.principiadiscordia.com/downloads/Principia%2520Discordia.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiar-CAoYDMAhVjr4MKHWi9BP8QFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNFcnKl076LTV0ht2_67QKw5ouu0tw
>>
>>17558524
You beat me to it by 23 hours lmao
>>
>>17562106
I came to this thread just to find a spiderman post. Thanks.
>>
>>17558359
smoke crack, huff glue, snort cocaine
anything that kills braincells will make you more prone to religitardism
>>
>>17562294
Cant agree more
>>
Atheists put as much blind faith in science as religious folks do in ancient texts. I'm an agnostic theist and I came to by belief in a creator by deductive reason when I looked at the mathematical improbability of life occurring as does by random chance. I studied probability. And with what I've read about the "totally random" precursors to what we know as reality I fucking doubt it was all just a fluke. Does that mean that Christ or allha are our saviors? I fuckin doubt it. As the comedian Bill Hicks put it "we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively". We Are the subjects...but I'm a tripper who loves chron and beer so maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about
>>
>>17558359
Do some dmt
>>
File: 1452195695849.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
1452195695849.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1366
>>17558359
You're welcome.
>>
>>17563911
There's 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the observable universe alone. This doesn't account for what the actual size of the universe may be beyond the cosmological horizon. On Earth you had a stupid number of chemical interactions over millions of years in conditions that favor complex chemical reactions. We've learned in the past two decades that planets are common orbiting stars. Given that it is demonstrably possible for self-reproducing chemical structures to occur, it isn't just probable that life began somewhere among all the planets in the universe, it was guaranteed. It's also ridiculously likely that life exists in other places in the universe.

So inductively your "argument" is bogus. It's also bogus deductively, because if our existence were impossible, we wouldn't be here to ponder about it. It's incredibly "improbable" according to you that you, out of all organisms in the universe, are reading this particular message right now, but that isn't some profound thing. Similarly, you have been deceived by intellectual slight of hand.
>>
>>17564783
It's not just that the universe is likely to form structures that lead to life. The universe's physical constants are fine-tuned for life. To explain that, either you need to postulate an intelligent designer, or many universes.

I think the universe is a self-creating self-sustaining proto-computer formed not from nothing but from something with high potential energy. The creator of this computer is akin to a God. Read the CTMU.
>>
>>17562771
nobody can even see the link and picture you posted.

they aren't ready to see it.
>>
>>17562075
>not understanding that he was saying that watching slaughter videos wouldn't make most men vegan because they're sociopaths.

Reading comprehension.

Congratulations, you're retarded.
>>
>>17564994
Obviously you haven't even considered any of the many refutations to intelligent design arguments using the anthropic principle, otherwise you would have included them.

If the universe is suitable to life, that shouldn't be surprising because LIFE EXISTS. Furthermore, there's no evidence that the universe could have been any other way than it actually was, as the "fine-tuning" suggests as a possibility. Probabilistic assessments are impossible when your sample size is 1.

Christopher Langan is a notorious self-promoting quack who isn't an actual scientist of any sort.
>>
>>17558359
You could listen to these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9U6Z_detRU

Try it then offer yourself to invite them in.
>>
>>17564994
Is this how people think nowadays? No wonder this country is fucked.

Pro-tip: Life forms according to its environment; if various physical constants were altered, it's entirely possible that life suited to that altered universe would arise. It would be different from us, because it is exposed to different physical laws, but it would still be life. There is no way to say this isn't the case or can't be possible, because, as the other poster said, we have a sample size of 1.

All arguments for a singular humanoid creator are basically existential fear and insecurity anthropomorphized and projected onto the universe. We're masses of carbon squirming around on the cooling crust of a magma ball. Our bodies get destroyed by the millions every year. There is no great cosmic grandfather weeping over every death. There is no celestial hierarchy, no greater plan, no heaven, no hell. There is only atoms, the structures they form, and the total energy in the universe that the atoms precipitated from billions of years ago.
>>
How about take up another, more productive religion, you virgin basement dweller
>>
>>17565973
Like Zoroastrianism? They don't accept converts.
>>
>>17565973
>more productive
>religion

fnord
>>
>>17558359
eat magic shrooms
>>
>>17558359
Seek out Ayahuasca.

This also: >>17566781
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.