[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consciousness, Reality, and the Matrix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: multiverse.jpg (114 KB, 650x483) Image search: [Google]
multiverse.jpg
114 KB, 650x483
Sup /x/, first time really posting here but have long since been a lurker.
Currently enrolled in a research English course at university that deals with the 1999 film The Matrix and the implications that can be derived from the film (some of these being the possibility of multiple realities and the fact that what we see is not always what is actually there.) I have decided to focus my research on the function of consciousness in human life and how consciousness connects us to our surroundings and the individuals that inhabit those surroundings.

What I've come to find is that, both in quantum physics and philosophy alike, consciousness is the penultimate machination of the human mind. It receives external information and packages this information into comprehensible bundles, much like a computer. But, as we all know, computers often experience bugs and inconsistencies of functionality. This is where you come in, /x/. A lot of people here are interested in a "glitch in the matrix," and I myself have experienced that same phenomenon. How would you guys explain a "glitch in the matrix?" Is it an interaction between separate but similar realities? (This would imply that reality isn't uniform; that multiple realities can exist) Is it an error of perception?
Personally, I think its an interaction between realities. that's just my two cents.
>tldr; is there more than one reality? How do we experience another reality? (lucid dreaming, astral projection, psychedelics?) how does consciousness factor into all this?
>>
Mandela Effect.

do you remember the Berenstein Bears?
>>
>>17553261
The Matrix is fiction, OP.
>>
>>17553277
doesn't mean you can't use fiction to examine how our world works. the movie very clearly implies the existence of an over-arching "network" of minds, some would say that very same network is what makes up the extra-conscious level people experience when on shrooms or when they have an OOB experience
>>
>>17553273
yes i do remember those books and am pretty familiar with the Mandela effect. what could that be though? is it a higher being re-writing history? is it the network of our combined consciousnesses causing us to remember things differently?
>>
>>17553291
It "implies" that because it's q cool idea for a story, it's not supposed to be a documentary. Just because something is in a movie, doesn't mean it must be real. You do understand that, right?
>>
>>17553314
Not OP but the Matrix is loaded with deep symbolism

If you don't have a solid background in various mythologies, have understood the basis of meta-programming and basically question life in this rotten system we all are in this together then sure... "Fiction" is going to be your answer because critical thinking wasn't something you valued enough so you live life on cruise control being taught how to live, think, shit, breath and speak
>>
>>17553277
Reality supasses fiction.
ever heard of that saying?
>>
>>17553277

>fiction

So is money but everyone's belief and obsession in it affects reality.
>>
>>17553333
Ouch, almost cut myself on the edge.
Anf I'm a mythology junkie (why else do you think I'm here?), and I understand the themes and references. Still doesn't mean it's not fiction. Dinosaurs existed once, so Jurassic Park is cold hard facts?
>>
>>17553360
Nope. What's it supposed to mean?

>>17553369
...what does that have to do with anything?
>>
File: mirror.png (325 KB, 419x619) Image search: [Google]
mirror.png
325 KB, 419x619
pic is from the matrix
couple weird symbolism indeed
neo touches a mercury mirror
morpheus is injected with a silver liquid for questioning
the beds in the movie have that lovely needle that sticks into the back of the skull

i was studying mercury and began to question the validity of spring beds.. both are radio conductors...

i only wanted to discuss if they have an ulterior purpose! not saying its true.

but then it got weird. threads were deleted from reddit about mercury toxicity, and about the mattress too.
the science crowd believes its good and denies it or gives a lame excuse like micrograms
the non-scientific crowd denies it just as strongly as a scientist without any proof
the more research i do the more it seems plausible. i emailed some of the mercury evidence to my congressmen and newspapers because its obvious (mercury known toxic since [500bc dartmouth edu tox history mercury])
and not an answer in 4 months. so i retyped my data cleaner and with MORE sources, more causation and more correllation, and it was deleted multiple times from hacker news, and reddit.

the matrix is real. 100,000,000 ppl complain about mind control daily.
reports of tractor beams stopped after 1880 when we all switched to the satellite dish beds [google coil array its for MRI]
i want to know why the newspapers push vaccines and coil dish mattresses so hard. and why they wont talk about so many topics. [psychiatry fraud, Rx frauds, prison industry, war industry, mercury fraud]

of course the newspapers and all the forums are controlled by fanatics/zealots whos blind love of science/journalism/whatever makes them think i am dumb.
of course the whole planet is not a matrix, thats why trump and hillary are the best candiates we have in 2016? are you shitting me?

i was a 100K/year software dev at one point in 2014. i know you dont believe this shit. i wouldnt waste your time.

ITS A FUCKING MILITARY STRATEGY CALLED SUBTERFUGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQITEatw8I
>>
>>17553389
You are dumb as fuck and clearly know shit about mythology
>>
>>17553398
Spooky ellipses bro. Now this has to be legit, as you are clearly a wise and mysterious and sage.

Speaking of sage, this thread is giving me a headache.
>>
>>17553409
Snappy retort. Why do you think I "know shit about mythology"? Because I know what a movie is?
>>
File: ber1446712956893.jpg (136 KB, 960x606) Image search: [Google]
ber1446712956893.jpg
136 KB, 960x606
>>17553273
>>
>>17553457
crazy...
>>
>>17553457
god damn it
>>
File: 1459053392001.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1459053392001.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>17553398
>its the CURRENT YEAR!

I dont even know what you mean by "mercury fraud". Nobody claims it isnt dangerous. That's why they stopped putting it in a lot of stuff like thermostats and thermometers and consumer grade light bulbs.
Are you trying to say they use you as an antenna from mercury being injected into you? Because it...conducts radio waves?
You sound like a flat earther, they too say "hhuuurr you just believe blindly in science books and your teachers! Huuur im so fucking retarded huuurrr!"
>>
>>17553261
Psychedelics
>>
Do you know anything about Robert Monroe? I always considered Matrix to be a movie on his research.
>>
>>17553261
What I find to stand out more in the matrix is how those that are asleep are having their energy harvested to fuel the simulation and control grid.

The wachowski brothers really must know something that we don't.
>>
>>17553333
I like that expression a lot.
>>
>>17553578
But that is what Monroe said.
>>
Of course there is more then one reality, but at the same time there is one reality. Reality is something you cannot type, speak or understand with intellect. You can only experience reality, then express it before moving on.
>>
>>17553591
define "reality"

you're tossing the word around like it's a ragdoll
>>
File: flatiscool.png (861 KB, 1271x713) Image search: [Google]
flatiscool.png
861 KB, 1271x713
>>17553545
>implying Earth ain't flat

can shills be anymore obvious?
>>
>>17553277
no it isn't
>>
>>17553723
if earth is flat, what is on the bottom side of the earth and does it have gravity?
>>
>>17553277
your brain is fiction, anon.
>>
>>17553398
>coil dish mattresses
Since when do newspapers "push" these?
>>
>>17553591
Gibberish. You tried hard, though.
>>
File: flatiskewl.png (587 KB, 1267x717) Image search: [Google]
flatiskewl.png
587 KB, 1267x717
>>17553735
if you ain't a monkey then what is it you have stuffed in your ass and does it have gravity?
>>
>>17553732
All movies aren't real, Anon. Star Wars and Mary Poppins weren't real either. Sorry.
>>
>>17553737
That somehow makes less sense than OP.
>>
File: cn0kBVV.jpg (59 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
cn0kBVV.jpg
59 KB, 600x750
>>17553835
>brain confirmed fiction
>>
>>17553852
I'm so confused.
>>
>>17553489
>>17553501
fake photo image search it. fuck /x/ is so dumb
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.