[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scientifically proving/disproving paranormal phenomenon and myths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: crystal experiment setup.png (133 KB, 796x914) Image search: [Google]
crystal experiment setup.png
133 KB, 796x914
Scientifically proving/disproving paranormal phenomenon and myths thread

Recently I have been getting more into gemstones and crystals and I set up this experimantal procedure to find out if it truely works or not.
I'm not sure if I'm actually going to do this, but if I am I need to buy these pouches and some crystals/gemstones in bulk and would also need a personality test or whatever I can use to look for the effects of the gemstones.

What does /x/ think of the procedure?
Did I do something wrong?
(I personally don't think the groups are correct with using chakras instead of the specific effects of the stones, but I can't think of anything better since doing it this way would give me around 30 groups at least)

Also does anyone else have something they want to prove/disprove, because I would gladly help if I can.
>>
The stones themselves have no effect. It's a placebo. Attaching "luck" to an object will make you feel lucky when carrying it, which will boost confidence. Confidence is good.

Equally, if told that the stones were "cursed", the carrier may lose confidence, making them act negatively.
>>
>>17541078
I have not found any scientific study to back this up yet, if you did find one please share it.
I made this procedure to find out wether it is a placebo or wether it's real.
>>
>>17541059
Looks like a solid enough experiment to me. I would glue the pouches shut too, so that it's very obvious if one of the pouches is opened.
>>
>>17541360
Good point, I'l edit that.
>>
>>17541059
Effect is depending from size of stones, and from placement them on a body by my experience.
Better use stone-therapy sessions, a hour in a day for example,and effects potentially be more notable.
>wearing the stones
metal strip of ring with gem, do gem effect slow down, because metals it-selves are have influences to a human body.
>chakra
Much better use term "an area of an aura". Some superstition about gems can be true, because of unknown rays and waves, here, on the Earth can be a lot them.
>All groups will do a personality/feelings-test
Some effects, for example in temper, more visible not by an user but by neighborhood of him.
>>
>>17541423
Hmmm, so a better way of proving this would be doing tests before and after a stone-therapy session and have somebody that knows the person we experiment on also look at our test jusbject and maybe ask him/her some questions to see changes?
And instead of using the chakras I should use the term "an area of an aura", Is that like certain parts of the human body, like for instance around the legs for grounding (not sure if that's true but just giving an example) or do you mean even more specific like how the chinese use the meridians and acupuncture/acupressure points?

Also thanks for your input, really good info, makes it a bit harder to do tests but I'm sure I can think of an experimental procedure to test this.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.