[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fish at doorstep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
Hey. Somebody left a fish on my mothers house doorstep. She didn't take a picture (and that fucking infuriates me).

What is the meaning of this?

Should I be worried?

I live in bavaria (southern) - Region of Oberbayern, on the border to Salzburg (Austria).

We are a german family with slavish ancestors. The mothers house is in fact a hotel with 17 rooms. The fish, according to my mother, was rotten.

Do you have any idea?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>17534074
On ancient Egypt fish were thought to be a sacred feeding source(for their cats)
The act of placing a fish on/ near someone or their house was a sign of death by cat.. I know It sounds fucking crazy y but they actually thought that. The fish would have to be blessed first though. The Egypt Egyptian god, ohrmwhell would haunt the house because you have disrespected the sacred food. Good luck op. Ohrmwhell and the cats are gonna get you
>>
didn't you ever see the godfather? someone you know is presently at the bottom of the lake with their feet in a bucket of cement.
>>
Maybe some animal brought them there
>>
that picture obviously represents Pisces
>>
>>17534166
They were wrapped in a "NORMA" bag, which is a local supermarket. According to my staff which was working at the reception at the moment he heard a loud "thump" as if somebody threw it against the door first. Also, it was not the front-door, if that has any relevance. It was the back door which leads to the garage.
>>
My dad told me once that sometimes or back in the day, the mafia left dead fish on someone's door-step. It was a threat, saying you would end up just like that fish; cold and lifeless.

Did you or anyone in your family have any run-ins with any underworld figures that you know of? Whatever the case, you should probably (and discreetly) contact your local law-enforcement authorities, just to play it safe.
>>
>>17534173
What should we tell them? Somebody left a fish at my doorstep? They will ask for proof and my clever mother already has burnt the fish and threw it away, as told by her stupid aunt.

I have no proof. They will laugh at me.

And run-ins with mobsters? None that I know of. Our family is from the old USSR and we have a lot of people who come from a similiar place we come from and my suspicion over 15 years was always, that they envy us and our hotel. How far we made it while they still take social-help.

Could that be the case? Though I don't think these people are very clever themselve.
>>
>>17534176
Also "at my doorstep". It's still not my house. I don#t live there, but work there of course. I live in the next house basically, so I can kind of say it's also my doorstep.

Any other ideas what it could mean? I mean, at this point it's most likely a negative sign.
>>
File: snakeeyes.png (229 KB, 313x365) Image search: [Google]
snakeeyes.png
229 KB, 313x365
>>17534177
ITS A PRESENT
FRRRR YOU
>>
I've never heard about a fish curse, but you can pray to archangel Michael and ask him to cast away negativity and demons from your place and give protection to your family.
>>
>>17534231
Already did. Our house patron is Saint George.
>>
>>17534143
This is actually badass.
>>
>>17534240
Good choice, He is Mighty Dzhigit.
>>
>>17534074
You should care only if you have business with Chicago Mafia and that sign old, not sure they still in use.
>>
Still here. Any other ideas?
>>
>>17534074
Is she Catholic? Friday Night Fish Frys are pretty popular amongst German immigrants.
>>
Someone in the household has been marked for death. The fish is a historical symbols of life, a dead fish on a doorstep is a warning that death is approaching your door. On the front door it means a known enemy, on a window sill it means an unseen enemy, the backdoor generally means betrayal from inside.

Can you give me a demographic breakdown of your neighborhood? Your best bet is to try and retrace the steps of whoever bought the fish, ask if any suspicious people have been around lately, asking questions, tourists without a lot of luggage this type of deal.

Is there anyone in the household with gambling debts? Maybe ties to something shady in their past or running away from something.
>>
>>17536605
no it doesnt mean that
>>
A traditional prank for All Fool's Day was to pin fish to the backs of unsuspecting people. Maybe this is just a carryover of that into April Fool's?
>>
Your thyrionium receptum is sealed and your seventh cerebellum is closed, you cannot see the fnords.
>>
Could be burglars checking if someone is at home. Never heard of doing this with fish, but they have done it here in austria with stones and wooden sticks.
>>
>>17536508
Orthodox christian

>>17536605

The average age is around 40. It's a relaxation place. Also a lot of rehabilitation clinics. Foreigners are (from top to bottom): 1. Turks. 2.Polish. 3.Russians. 4. Others.

Debts? Yes. Gambling debts? I doubt so.

Shady in the past. The only thing I can think of was my mothers brother, who was murdered in 1996 in Bad Reichenhall.

It's hard to say. There are families we had small feuds with though. Nothing all too serious, but a while a go (5-6 years).

I'm kind of worried about the "backdoor" and "betrayal from inside". This sounds too creepy, honestly, if that were true. Don't know if that would make sense, now that you mention it.

>>17536888

Checking if somebody is at home? It's marked as a hotel. I don't think they'd be that stupid. But still thanks for the idea.
>>
Tbh probably some kids just fucking around.
>>
you can sell those for 20 irons at a token.
>>
>>17534074
Either you try to track back to the person who bought the item from the supermarket on a weeks back or be cautious. Putting anything on someone's front door always seems as a threat.
>>
>>17534074
It's the aliens.
>>
File: 3435466.jpg (63 KB, 663x274) Image search: [Google]
3435466.jpg
63 KB, 663x274
>>17537241
Surely
>>
Once I found a fish in middle of a road. It was alive. Then I used my common sense instead of making shitty thread to /x/. Sometimes birds drop their fish.
>>
>>17537263
>Sometimes birds drop their fish.
But not twice
>>
>>17537268
>somebody left a fish
>>
>>17534172
lel, alter bin von Kroatien, wohne in Muenchen gerade, pissed off someone did we now?
>>
>>17534231
>find a fish
>pray for gods and demons, pull epic rituals, call Ghostbusters and the exorcist
>>
File: when.png (249 KB, 467x464) Image search: [Google]
when.png
249 KB, 467x464
Feed a man a fish feed him for a day. Learn to fish OP someone is telling you that you are shit. Either that orrrr you are a female and need to wash properly
>>
>>17537300
Not sure why they'd be lying that fish down in front of the Hotel then and not my place, since it's pretty common knowledge around town where I live, especially to the people I had problems with.

Or do you mean it's a threat like: I know where your mother lives?

That could be.
>>
It means your mum is a trout I think
>>
>>17534164
this
>>
>>17534074

shouldnt fucked this the tullys
>>
Isn't there an old legend of a fish-delivering werewolf?

>select all food
>>
Something fishy is going on.
>>
>>17534074
just leave it there and a cat will eat it
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.