[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NoSleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 316x159) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 316x159
I want to try it

Never done it before

What can I expect withing the first 24 hours and then more ?
>>
24 hours? Nothing. Have you never stayed awake for a whole day before?

How young are you? You know this is an adult board, right?
>>
>>17528451
Stay awake until you die, and then go to sleep about an hour before that.

>24 hours
>a trial
>>
>>17528464
>You know this is an adult board, right?
This isn't a YLYL thread
>>
>first 24 hours
underageb&
>>
>>17528451
you will die. dont try it
>>
We had to stay awake for 48 hours on my first day of basic training. It isn't hard, but it also isn't worth it.
>>
The second day it's just a bit harder to concentrate on things and you're more tired. Not really a big deal. Third day it gets worse and it's very hard to concentrate on anything or hold a thought, most actions are just done on "autopilot" without thinking. I've never done more than 3 days
>>
>>17528451
What can you expect? You'll feel sleepy, more so if you don't have any stimulants in your system. Sleep deprivation has symptoms similar to sedation. Impairment in motor and mental function. The longer you're awake, the drunker you're going to run at. You're probably going to be pretty crabby, too.

After a few days, give or take depending on the strengths of your willpower and your pharmaceuticals, you're going to fall asleep whether you want to or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDUl5Ke5jbM
Thread theme.

I can't imagine a set of circumstances where someone is even fifteen and never tried staying up all night before. I hope this adds some spice to your life, you're likely very long overdue.
>>
>>17528451
Don't do this! I tried once and I was very tired the whole next day.
>>
Don't do it op! You will be sleepy as shit for days.
>>
>>17528451
drowsiness
>>
My experience.
24 hour's: tired
48 hour's: unable to focus, horrible sense of time, more sensitive for little pains.
50-60 hour's: everything is automatic, very little thoughts, paranoia and extremely tired.

In all honesty I gave in because I felt like I was doing serious harm to myself. I don't know how long I slept but it felt as if I only napped for a minute or so.
>>
I've stayed up for 2 days. In the morning of the second day, something weird happened where my eyes kept zooming in to the wall and my mind started becoming jumbled. Then I felt normal again. You feel a second wind and at that point you can continue to stay up or just sleep.

If your sleep schedule is shit I recommend doing it, as it makes the schedule normal if you sleep at like 9 or 8. It can be really great if you fall asleep at 7 or 8, as you'll wake up at 3. You'll feel like you could do anything.
>>
Personally attempted to follow a Dymaxion sleeping cycle; You 'Sleep' 2hrs a day in 30 minute intervals, and are awake 22 hours a day in 5h30m intervals.
Never felt like I really slept in those 30minute intervals, but I did feel rested afterwards. Just set an alarm on my phone and closed my eyes and laid down for the duration, moving as little as possible.

In the first few weeks it was great, just felt a bit tired but I had so much free time and could do anything I wanted with it.
After 8-10 weeks I started getting auditory hallucinations featuring my housemates making fun of me for 'thinking out loud' and asking me to shut up. Repeatedly. Like easily 500+ times a day. At first I was ignoring them, then after some terrible insults were made I began to defend myself, and the voices responded to the things I was thinking. After some short exchanges I figured out that talking that way was pretty pointless because nobody seems to be able to STOP THINKING ALOUD and it devolves into a shouting contest.

Tried to 'test' the voices by thinking 'loudly' insulting things about strangers in the street, some people turned and looked at me like a weirdo out of nowhere, started to believe I was becoming telepathic.

Tried to train myself to 'think without thinking'. Started by reading 'between the lines' in a book. You stop reading the characters and read the empty space on the page. Housemates voices in my head became less insulting, for a while.

The visual hallucinations are where things got crazy. At 12 weeks I was seeing characters like hieroglyphics and abstract symbols in many colors orbiting me and other people.

I told some people about some of what I was experiencing and later that day I was in a mental health institution being told I had developed psychosis through lack of sleep. Was given an anti-depressant, an anti-psychotic, regular sleeping patterns and didn't hallucinate again.

>What if I wasn't hallucinating
>What if everyone is telepathic except me
etc.
>>
You're gonna get real tired.
P.S.
You can have a seizure from not getting enough sleep
>>
>>17531251
jesus christ dude.

i was diagnosed with paranoid schizo at the age of 11 and that sounds like some of the shit i go through on a daily basis and have been dealing with for years.

congratulations my man you fucking gave yourself schizophrenia through lack of sleep.
>>
Your mind will stop working correctly in towards the second day. Allthough you will be aware of it. You will forget words and do dumb thngs like look in the fridge for a plate. It starts getting interesting a couple days in, like 4 or 5. You will start seeing things that arent there. Vİsuals will start getting weird and by this time your thoughts will be uncontrollable. You probably won't lose your mind, most sane people are aware what's causing these illogical thoughts but no sleep has been a contrubuting factor to many different many ilnesses. That's about it, after you will probably crash or die. Its shit desu, I only did it to fix my issue with sleeping.
>>
>>17531251
you must have aerady had to ilneess and triggered it. Many people live with that schedule with no problems. My friend had bi polar and he went days without sleep and completely went insane. He was a complete asshole. If you have any type of mental ilness you shouldn't do this. Or just don't do it at all, sometimes you may ust find out you have something wrong with your head. My friend knew and he still went with no sleep and did many drugs. God mentally ill people can be such self involved cunts.
>>
>>17531305
He developed pychosis aswell btw. Then he sold out all his friends to his family implying we made him take the drugs while every other day he was coming to us with mushrooms and I particularly told him to stay away. The more I think of it the more angry I get.
>>
Anyone else get a burning sensation in their head when they don't sleep enough? Or more to the point, is that normal?
>>
I see shadow people by the third day
>>
>>17531294
>Vİsuals

?
>>
>>17531386
its called a typo faggot
>>
Me and my pals were sixteen when we played almost 6 days straight (well we did go outside for few hours each day) CSGO first 24h just sleepy, used snus to keep away the sleepiness, 48 hours coffee and snus to fight with tiredness, pretty normal thinking. On 72 hours I had to go home from my friends place and get Concertas to keep us going made the head pretty clear. 96h after eating around 128mg (4 32mg pills) of methylphenidate I was on rush. 120h we ran out of the pills since I had only 20 left and we had premade team so you can only imagine where they went. 144h total crash didn‘t take almost any drugs except for snus to keep myself crash was real I slept over a day... Mostly the drugs kept us up and it was a fun experience, I think some. The thoughts were pretty disorted when the drugs came down.
>>
>>17531395
I'm talking about the accent on top, you fucking dimwit.
>>
Sleep is killing us. It's the most powerful addiction we have been given since birth. You can't go cold turkey on sleep, unfortunately.
>>
>>17531548
haha no. sleep keeps us alive. I've begun to realize that our sense of self actually comes from sleep. without sleep, you turn into a depersonalized zombie, a sack of skin like all the other sacks of skin on this earth. it's in the dream world and the REM world that you connect with who you really are and bring that back when you awaken. after a few hours, you need to return to that place to reconnect with yourself. for this reason we get tired. when you stave of sleep for about 4 or 5 days, you start to realize that your body belongs to this world but your spirit, your ego, your I belongs to another world.
>>
>there are people who can't stay awake even 48 hours
I've been awake for 4 days in row. Wasn't even that bad.
>>
>>17528451
Unless you are using a drug much more powerful than caffine, you will fall asleep before 48 hours. You can try to fight it all you want but without a medical condition or meth your body will make you fall asleep while standing up if it has to.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (34 KB, 478x236) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
34 KB, 478x236
>>17528451
How old are you? I've been up for 3 days before and have terrible insomnia. Often go long periods without sleep and end up forcing myself to stay up so I can get back on schedule.

My eyes literally look like pic related as a result after years of it.
>>
>>17528757
Accurate. I went 3 days before and you will start to see hallucinations out of the corner of your eye, freaky stuff
>>
File: Snapchat2805099408908580892~01.jpg (152 KB, 715x645) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat2805099408908580892~01.jpg
152 KB, 715x645
>>17531571
>>
For people that are interested in sleep and dreams, I would recommend reading the Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep.

The basic idea is that you can stay 'conscious' through out deep sleep and REM sleep. Therefore you are always aware of what is going on around you, if you so choose.

I'm sure there are other theories/methods of this, but I cam across it and I loved it.
>>
>>17528732
What branch? Marines?
>>
>>17531251
fuck, dude, spook me over and pour me out
>>
>>17531319
Kind've, yeah. Like near the forehead and eyes?
>>
>>17528451
I once stayed awake for 36 hours I was hearing things constantly and seeing things out the corner of my eye.
>>
File: ESRBullshit.png (14 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
ESRBullshit.png
14 KB, 512x512
>>17531835
>Unless you are using a drug much more powerful than caffine, you will fall asleep before 48 hours
I've stayed up around ~54 hours before, using nothing but 2 cups of coffee, and know plenty of people who have done so with sheer willpower.
>>
>>17531251
Jesus Christ, man. These kind of posts is the reason why I love coming to /x/. Good stuff.
>>
Very terrible for you and you're gonna need to be up for about 5 days before you experience hallucinations in any serious manner. You're gonna feel like shit and probably gonna fall asleep if you're alone and at home anyway.
>>
>>17528451
I stayed up for 33 hours once on no caffeine.
didn't really feel anything, I felt more awake than I normally did, weird enough.
>>17532449
really? I've stayed awake for 24+ hours before on a few occasions and never hallucinated.
>>
>>17528451

I stay awake between 24-34 hours all the time. It gets really painful to stay awake and you'll find it harder and harder to focus, and if you're not a dumbass, you'll go to bed as soon as you can. You'll basically have to torture yourself before you can get anything 'interesting' to happen. You should probably try something healthier like dropping acid.
>>
>>17531835
Don't assume everyone else shares your meth problem.
>>
>>17532504
Hardly anyone starts having hallucinations before 60 hours. I did four days once and didn't have any.
>>
>>17528451
bro even when i smoked meth and stayed up for 4 days it aint worth it, they will take you like they took me and when they do.
no
more
/x/
for
u
>>
>>17528451

24 hours is pretty normal. But at some point are going to start hallucinating to some degree.
>>
>wanting to nosleep
why
you just get all tired and feel like shit all the time
its just a waste of time
>>
File: mike.gif (1000 KB, 307x248) Image search: [Google]
mike.gif
1000 KB, 307x248
>>17532601
>being a meth addict
>>
>>17528451
Hallucinations... nice creepy hallucinations. Was in the army, pulled cq a few times. Didn't really sleep well after so ended up for 48hrs once.
>>
>>17531859
thats probably because you have mental problems
>>
>>17528451
5 day meth binge followed by 2 hours of sleep and then 55 more hours awake... the first 3 days were fine. But by the end of it I was hallucinating every sense we have. Thought my fuck buddy roommate was trying to kill me. While her boyfriend actually was trying to kill both of us. We both stayed holed up in our appt for the last 4 days. Weird fucking times, I cant listen to Death Grips anymore without getting extremely depressed/violent cuz thats about all I listened to
>>
>>17528451
I've done 3 or 4 days before. It'll be hard to focus. You'll have hallucinations (mine were strictly auditory) they weren't disturbing in the slightest and I could control what they were, people talking, music, Windows 95 boot up. Lol you'll have highs and lows. And if you are an anxious or shy person you'll find that goes away and you'll become very frank With people.
>>
>>17532754
>And if you are an anxious or shy person you'll find that goes away and you'll become very frank With people.

oh yeah, i've done 2 or 3 days without sleep, and totally noticed that i was way more talkative, moreso than after drinking, but since i never get hammered, can't really test it out.
>>
>>17531399
Yes cuntface its a fuckin typo. Left the caps on for more then 1 letter too much. Some languages have the capital i. İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ
>>
>tfw I'm flying to Thailand Saturday at 1:25 in the morning and will spend pretty much a full 24 hours traveling + don't sleep well on planes

and then I have to meet everyone in my program Sunday when I arrive in Bangkok, I'm gonna be a zombie
>>
I haven't slept since monday night.

Crystal methamphetamine is a hell of a drug. I feel my experiment is nearing it's end. And I shall sleep now.
>>
>>17528451
Are people itt seriously acting like big shots because they've pulled all-nighters before?
>>
>>17528451
>eyes feel fuzzy and bulging out of head
>stomach feels awful
>arms feel weird as fuck
>feel like shit in general
Just sleep, anon. The shit doesn't feel good and it is havoc on your body.
>>
>Cannot sleep all night.
>finally nod off at 4am.
>have strange dream where I think I woke up in my dream
>alarm clock goes off at 5am.
>actually wake up
>everything feels weird as fuck, a strange detached feeling like nothing is real

That was an odd morning
>>
>>17528451
getting to 24 hours is no big deal if you can get past the initial drowsiness. after the drowsiness you will feel fine and awake for a few hours, then drowsiness mark II hits you and it may come with hallucinations and shit. then after a while you feel awake again until the next drowsy attack and it just keeps repeating like that with mark III drowsiness and so on until you pass out. it's not fun honestly and if you're looking for some psychedelic ride there are other and safer methods.

you can honestly die, there was a story that I totally forgot everything about but I know it was real and I think it was recently. basically this kid tried to set a world record for doing something the longest and died due to lack of sleep
>>
>>17529653
>everything is automatic
Experienced this before but it wasn't after staying awake for 50 hours. Does this have a name or something?
>>
>>17532646
I stayed 10 days awake.. at the 10 day was the dose so high that i don't felt my body qlanymore
>>
>>17528464
This. What the fuck OP.
>>
>>17528464
Not him, but I'm an adult and have never needed to stay up over 24 hours.
What would possess you to do such a thing?
>>
5 days with the help of some amphetamines and you start seeing shit, but it's never really a full understanding, mainly just glimpses of things, like animals running by your door or underneath tables, outside running behind buildings etc. It becomes a lot harder to understand full sentences being spoken to you (without a moment of thought about it), like syllables running together and not grasping the meaning of idioms or metaphors, even small ones such ass "One in the hand is worth two in the bush" at first. Constantly repeating yourself, not knowing what you just read or saw a few seconds ago. Talking becomes a task also, when you get your mords wixed up. And there is always a certain pitch that registers in your mind as voices. Also any habits you have will be needed to be satisfied constantly (smoking cigarettes, biting nails, etc).

A bunch of those things could be attributed to the amphetamines. Either way, it's a 10/10 experience that I wouldn't personally recommend, but I would do it again.
>>
I haven't done it in probably 18-19 years. Last time I did it I was working at a machine shop, doing bitch work. The place I worked at didn't care how/when you got your hours. Just that you did it.

Me and a friend worked for 45 hours. The last 5-6 hours in the shop itself I don't even really remember, which was terrifying after the fact considering we had graduated to using dangerous equipment with zero supervision. My brain was on autopilot.

After we got off and made it home it was early in the morning just before light. I couldn't go to sleep at all. Something had clicked and I felt awake as ever. Stayed away all through that day until close to 2 am.

Towards the end of that last day is the only time i remember anything out of the ordinary. I felt like time could be slowed down. Its hard to explain, but I could think about it hard enough, and people talking would slow down like in a movie, and even the sounds would drop in pitch and speed. Then I could shake it off and everything would be normal.

Eventually I passed out and slept for what felt like ages.
>>
File: 1374808339792.jpg (469 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1374808339792.jpg
469 KB, 2448x3264
It's not fun. It's not worth it.

Don't do it senpai, take it from someone who's pulled far too many all-nighters. Getting that sleep deficit back is a PITA.
>>
>>17529653
>My experience.
>24 hour's: tired
>48 hour's: unable to focus, horrible sense of time, more sensitive for little pains.
>50-60 hour's: everything is automatic, very little thoughts, paranoia and extremely tired.

Exactly this. Everything on automatic is the best way to describe it.
Also -
>irritable as fuck
>no patience whatsoever
>have conversations without remembering a single word that was said
>paranoia
>insane paranoia
>weak
>like picking up a bottle of water requires concentration

Wouldn't recommend
>>
>>17533764

... are you okay?
>>
>>17528451
I hate this, I had this enough in the army (Eurasian).
>>
>>17528451
>NoSleep
Only in case your mind act dolphin-like, one side of brain sleep while other act and castling every noon, you may get no-sleep achivement.
>>
I was up for three and a half days once and only had auditory hallucinations, but they were really vivid. For some reason near the end I couldn't stop hallucinating tweeting birds. And I knew it wasn't real because it was 1AM at night, and these were sparrows and shit I was hearing just going nuts outside my window. By the time I laid down I was hearing music by some shitty pop band my brain had just manufactured for the moment. It was all really just more annoying than anything.
>>
>>17531305

>god mentally ill people can be such self involved cunts.
well put. often it's 100% their own fault then they cry for sympathy from whoever will listen
>>
I recall after 2 days of being awake I wasn't able to focus on anything for longer than a few seconds. There was something on the TV and I just kept tuning out.
When I was going through a period of not sleeping much (a few hours a day), I'd often see (hallucinatory) shadows moving around the floor. I have a bad phobia of cockroaches and so I believe I envisioned them.
A friend of mine didn't sleep for a few days, and that combined with smoking too much marijuana resulted in him essentially becoming a paranoid schizophrenic.
>>
Without no sleep. Your animal spirit get full kontroll on you. Don't do that please.
Maybe hurt you a bit. :(
>>
>>17529653
I started to see shit on day 3. Things moving around out the corner of my eye. Testing me. Watching me.
>>
>>17531124
>zooming
Kek you've experienced tunnel vision without weed
>>
>>17528451
Great way to get brain damage
>>
>>17534372
you are truly the fucking worst
>>
>>17534663
I had really bad proplems with sleeping last autumn. First there was over week without sleep at all. after that like two months with at max. 2 hours of sleep in day. I got sleep only after my sight got really blurry and i kind of was starting to blackout. when previous occured i went to bed and always woke up after 2 hours for no particular reason.
Ive been always kind of night person and have experienced many time 24-48h being awake periods. Usually its been for me getting much more focus during this not alike many here have mentioned that its getting hard to focus... jumping to my feelings after ~month with 2h sleep due answering this man talkin bout spirit animal: for me it was tiger on this experience. I felt crazy reflexes on me. I felt like my mind was running many times faster than usual. When I was talking to persons around me I got very bored all time when it was like filling talkin like most thing we speak nowdays. After short... (going to continue tomorrow if this board still alive need to go :/)
>>
>>17531571
3deep5me
>>
>>17532754
>Windows 95 boot up

Consider me spooped
>>
I'm actually posting on my phone from my bed. I'm gonna get the first bit of sleep I've in 3 days.

I know that the op is probably a troll, but once you pass the 75+ hour mark things start to get weird and it's like your brain is in molasses.
>>
>>17533706
Disassociation
>>
>>17528495
>browses /b/
>laughs at other people being underage
What the fuck m8, just stick to the bananas you know best
>>
I saw black shadow like hands reaching for me on the side of my vision... nothing too intense. I wonder if lack of sleep brings you closer to death... closer to the spirit world... are the hallucinations what's actually there ???
>>
>>17528451
You'll feel tired
>>
>>17531859
You can start to seem them before the first day is done, though they're just stuff like something moving in place
>>
I have audacital hallucinations when i even try to sleep and am on the edge of falling asleep also when im very tired when i havent slept for ~15 hours.
>>
>>17528772
Everything you said is legit but I just let out a big chuckle when I read crabby. Not that it's wrong, it's just funny you used that term.
>>
I once stayed awake for 7 days straight. Couldn't sleep despite all my efforts. Combination of a new 12 hour shift graveyard labor job and alot of cocaine + energy drink use. The 6th and 7th day were essentially horrific and I felt as if I was on complete auto pilot. I've never felt more uncomfortable and non-existent at the same. It's fun for the first 2-3 days, but after that? Our brains definitely require some form of down time, that's all I cay say. Would not do it again.
>>
>>17534012
work?
>>
>>17528451
It's all fun and games until it becomes a regular part of your life.
Assuming you currently sleep well enough to wake up feeling refreshed, and aren't dealing with a physical or mental medical issue, the first 24-48 hrs you'll most likely get by with nothing more than being easily distracted and passing out in the absence of excessive chemical stimulation or emotional distress. When you finally crash, you'll probably feel a bit off until normal sleeping patterns resume.

I can't really comment on what to expect beyond 48 hrs, but I can tell you that you do not ever want to go for 20+ hrs awake more than a couple days a week on a regular basis.

It is hell.
If there is a way to rewire your biology to accept it, I'm too tired to learn it after four years of bullshit and I'm in no position to change residence to avoid the unintentional disturbances.
Also, bear in mind that I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who isn't on any drugs -legal or not and can count the amount of drinks I have in a year on one hand.

Sleep deprivation may be entertaining as an experiment, but living with it on the regular is beyond bullshit. Even if the cause is unintentional.

Should probably be on a sleep aid of some sort, but I've yet to find one that allows me to function properly when I wake the next day.

tl;dr

Have fun.
Try to stay sober while you do it, because your brain will get fucked enough without help.
Hope and pray it never becomes a regular part of your life.
>>
>>17532515
Was I time I wouldn't agree with this, but it's better advice than you think.
At least on acid you're too fucked up to notice how much your body hates you for doing it.
>>
>>17533683
Welcome to 4chan home of losers and drug users.
P
>>
Whatch kenny vs spenny who can stay up the longest 78 hours straight without sleep
>>
>>17528451
Dozing off, depending on how much you slept the night before you might have some movement hallucinations when looking at patterns and shit, eventually after that you may experience audible hallucinations but that's way past 24 hours, past 38, your body might start taking micro naps without you realizing, your memory from the day before start to blur

The list would go on, main issue after a while will be remembering and separating the days as sleep is needed to process what you've done, saw and experienced

Maximum I stayed up was 48 hours, was nearing the micro nap stage so I ended up just sleeping

Personally I would not advise you as it will temporarily fuck you up depending on how long you plan to stay up, 24 hours isn't that bad but don't go past 40, that's just silly.
>>
>>17532646
Serious questions here - what exactly do you do when you're on a meth binge like that? I mean, I have no idea what meth is like, and I never intend on ever having it myself, but wtf do you even do while on it?
>>
>>17528451
I stayed awake for 72 hours, auditory hallucinations were frequent. Not much else, though.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3eUPUmzLyqQ
>>
Made it to day 4 on a meth binge. Basically you start to lose your mind, though that may have been the meth and the weed to help me with the comedown. I honestly don't remember much. Meth will help in your quest though.
>>
>>17528950
kek
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.