[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I live after Death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 25
File: soull.jpg (178 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
soull.jpg
178 KB, 970x546
Will I live after Death?
>>
Most likely just a big unconcious blur like before you were born. Not really a bad thing because you literally will have no realization of it and have absolutely 0 conscious. People sometimes get scared of death that it's literally all black and you can somehow still conceive it and feel it but you wouldn't.
>>
>>17507250
only if you can beat up a the first ethereal being that tries to eat you. prison rules

try not to fall for that come to the light stuff its just a trick. its like a angler fish. damn thing doesnt even know many words and is to lazy to pursue

and try to stay away from what seems to be water. it saps your strength and you will die if you stay in it to long
>>
no b/c death is when u die and stop living
>>
>>17507286
& what's before Birth?
>>
>>17507250
I never thought that existence ended at death but who knows
>>
>>17507284
what if I get eaten?
what if I go into the light?
what if I stay in the water?
>>
>>17507250
it's so easy I don't understand why most have trouble with this question, when you die you simply die. You were just born with reason, but that also dies in the end everything returns to nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmnCEYtslHc
>>
>>17507250
>>17507291
Your consciousness is contained within your brain, when your brain dies, your consciousness will die.
>>
>>17507250
poor kids.
I feel sorry for them.
God bless them.
>>
>>17507250
Conscious behavior is mostly the result of a sheet of gray matter that covers the frontal lobe, perhaps the claustrum is also significantly involved.
Once oxygen ceases to flow to these parts of the brain, every aspect of your comprehension will stop. You will experience the same thing you experienced as a zygote.
>>
File: 1448889477474.jpg (202 KB, 887x900) Image search: [Google]
1448889477474.jpg
202 KB, 887x900
Clinical Psychologist here.

The connectome, which is the neural connection of tissue and cells in your brain require metabolic processes to function.

Put simply and scientifically, "you" are your connectome. If that dies, the neurons can no longer fire and transmit signals = no thoughts, no anything.

So sorry. No you won't. It's a great reason to start living instead.
>>
>>17507250
According to many near death experiences and various religious traditions (egyptian, buddhist, and christian in particular) you leave your body behind and go to whatever non-physical place that resonates the most with your actions and mentality during life.

A lot of the recorded NDE's on this site illustrate what I'm talking about:
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/Exceptional%20Accounts.htm

This lecture also discusses the afterlife beliefs of the ancient egyptians and early christians, although his presentation of what the gnostics believed is pretty cherry-picked and he takes shit (IMO) at about 1:30 when he talks about psychedelics and aliens as being a workable and reliable solution to our current problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62PvCXiFP-Q
>>
>>17507250
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2718
>>
File: 1458866556049.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
1458866556049.png
215 KB, 620x525
>>17507452
Retard alert
>>
>>17507250

>Will I live after death
>I

Who is living now?
>>
you come to /x/ to seek the ultimate question answer?

let me show you what /x/ in a nutshell looks like.

pic related
>>
>>17507250
kind of depends on what you mean by "live". You are living now and when you're no longer living you're body will be dead and your essence will separate from your body and go to wherever is best for the exploration of consciousness in a universe manufactured by source consciousness.

in other words you're going to die, but you will continue to exist in some form

personal experience tells me I am more than a body. More than likely you are too
>>
>>17507250

Not believing in an afterlife makes you more frail, more vulnerable, more scared and nervous to enact upon anything.

Opposition wants you to be as weak as possible since they look stronger in contrast.

Adjust my enigmatic words accordingly to your liking
>>
File: 1458494981999.jpg (52 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1458494981999.jpg
52 KB, 600x338
>>17507271
>People sometimes get scared of death that it's literally all black and you can somehow still conceive it and feel it but you wouldn't.

I don't think anyone feels that way, but nice job letting everyone know how you felt.
>>
>>17507289
Death
>>
>>17507250

Are you alive now?
>>
>>17507250
This is my personal view OP, based off everything I have experienced in my 30 years of living...

You have two main ideas about life after death you can choose to believe in:

1.)Your experiences in life have no affect on your afterlife, which means fuck it, do whatever you want. Flip off your boss. Punch an old lady. Fuck a goat. Start hiding bodies in your basement and make money off of taking advantage of others. Whatever the hell you want because, after all, once you die none of it matters. Hell, if your sad or feel like shit, just blow your fucking brains out and it will all go away. (Something like reincarnation I believe falls into this category too.)

2.) Your actions in life somehow affect you in the afterlife, whether it's heaven/hell, memories while floating around the universe, reincarnation (as in possibly reincarnating as something better/worse), or any of the other beliefs that exist that i'm not aware of.

You'll probably find thousands and thousands of different theories regarding life after death (or lack thereof), but honestly, no one fucking knows, and I personally believe that life is a lot more enjoyable believing that our decisions mean something.
>>
your body dies.
you will still exist
>>
>>17507545
>confronting reality hurts :'(
>I'm going to call him a retard because I can't cognitively deal with what he said
>>
>>17507452
mind-body dualism would suggest otherwise, but continue with your ridiculous notion that thought ceases to exist upon death, it truly is practical.
>>
>>17507250
You're barely living now.
>>
>>17509901
The veil of the Universe as a reality to what humans see as reality, that everything around them is merely there, perhaps to proof them they exist, has already been drawn, multiple times, throughout religions. Neurology has a lot more to learn and the field is young. Still there are scientists who are religious but influential.
Atheism is a bandwagon that has taken itself too seriously.
>>
File: luna6.jpg (116 KB, 670x492) Image search: [Google]
luna6.jpg
116 KB, 670x492
you're already dead faggit I tole you this is hell 53 years ago
>>
>>17507250
We just don't know.
>>
>>17510097
>human language and the language of the universe are as of now, incompatible
favorite, retweet, like, subscribe.
>>
>>17507250
>Will I live after Death?

It depends on how you look at yourself. How you define yourself.

If your definition of self is body image, then, yes, you die. This is because the body image and ego are human concepts( as I'm sure you have heard before)

If your definition of self is more than body image then surely you will see that,that part of you can and will not die.

The substance of you, that which underlay so everything else, consciousness can't die.
>>
>>17507250
>>17510131

The substance of you, that which underlays everything else, consciousness can't die.

Correction.

>>17510103 we do know, we know very well. But we forget in order for all this to be.
>>
>>17509718
Wowwwww 30 whole years of wisdom????

Faggot
>>
>>17509718
>I personally believe that life is a lot more enjoyable believing that our decisions mean something.

you think you make divisions, you're mistaken. You have an illusion of decision making, really you're just watching. Everything is pre determined.
>>
Not on person spoke of meeting our Heavenly Father.

It is appointed to all men to die...after that the Judgement...
>>
>>17510159
There is no eternal father figure, if anything it could be defined as void or nothingness, but that's essential for anything to be in the first place.

There is no judge
>>
>>17510159
Let's say for arguments sake, there was a father figure. Well then, he himself would still need that nothingness in order to be, it proceeds him and always will.

If he is contained by nothingness or void, then he is no different to me or you, no matter what level of reality he exists on.

Nothing is God.Nothing you can point to and say there it is anyway. Not in a literal sense.
>>
>>17507271
>its literally all black
no
>>
>>17507271
You can't experience nothing. You're mistaken.
>>
>>17507250
of course you will its not like you mm .... be dead
>>
>>17507250
how can somthing die when nothing is really alive, consciousness is just an illusion, doesn't matter if there a 5 or 6 dimensions in a life less world nothing is really real: time, consciousness

nothing matters in the true infinity,

because of your size, in the infinity
>>
>>17510285
When jimmy the autist tries to sound funny with his "sarcasm"..
>>
>>17507250
Depends what your definition of being alive is.
>>
>>17510166
I will stick to the Bible instead of your foolishness if its all the same to you
>>
>>17507250
It's like a dreamless sleep, a complete lack of any kind of experience, since your consciousness ceases to exist.

It's a void, but one which you never experience. It's the same as before you're born.
>>
>>17510329
Believe what you like. I'm not trying to change your beliefs.
>>
>>17510143
That's assuming that consciousness isn't just the byproduct of the brain.

It certainly doesn't seem so if you compare the brain to a computer, since the operating system isn't a byproduct of a computer, however I'm not sure whether the analogy is valid.

There's no proof to support this, but I want to believe it, because the other option is terrifying.
>>
>>17510368
>but I want to believe it, because the other option is terrifying

it is. Beyond your imagination
>>
>>17509598
Your words weren't enigmatic at all, chump.
>>
consciousness precedes matter

the fact is atheism is a more comforting belief because we all know the after life will be as horrific as every religion says it is.
>>
>>17510478
How do you know that?
>>
>>17510427
Beyond everyone's imagination, we can't fathom "nothing" and not existing.
>>
>>17507271
Just because you don't remember experiencing anything before you were born doesn't mean there wasn't anything or it was all black.

There is no evidence to support that after you die it's all black and nothing just like there's no evidence that there will be a magical heaven kingdom.

You literally DO NOT KNOW what it will be and there is no "probably" or "most likely"
>>
>>17510297
you make me depressed
but I agree
>>
>>17510487
Try dmt
>>
>>17510540
Your brain reacting to a substance doesn't mean that's what after life with look like.

And the fact that your brain releases dmt when you die means nothing

Your body also releases farts when you die
>>
>>17510563
Try it then make a conclusion.
>>
No one knows. We are all united in this question.
>>
>>17510563
Believing the physical world around you is the only possible source of knowledge is a mistake. The truth is that we have no way of knowing what our minds are.

You could literally be a mind hooked up perfectly to a reality machine. There is no way of disproving or proving this reality.

We have no idea what creates our experience. We have some theories but none of them are experimentally provable.

The only answer that is logical, is that we have no idea what death actually means for us.
>>
File: 1458245301512.jpg (301 KB, 740x1008) Image search: [Google]
1458245301512.jpg
301 KB, 740x1008
>>17507537
That's actually a pretty terrifying prospect. Imagine if we had a way to actually find out what happens, and it turned out to be something remotely similar to this.

I mean...what do we all even fucking DO after that? How do we even function? Even after the initial stage or panic and intense grief, how do we go about our day to day lives knowing what's around the corner?

Jesus christ, imagine the sheer fucking terror of being terminally ill. Imagine how much more distraught a mother would be with the death of an infant or child. Fuck me that's actually probably one of the only legit-scary SCP's because of how much it gets stuck in your head and makes you think.
>>
File: Warning.jpg (127 KB, 980x802) Image search: [Google]
Warning.jpg
127 KB, 980x802
>>17507250
You're dead now.
>>
>>17507250
Yeah you just won't be in a physical form.
>>
Whatever happens after I die, I just want a way to read the news and see what happens on the Earth.
>>
>>17507250
No, because you're dead. The thing about being dead is that you're no longer alive.
>>
>>17509629
Everyone even you feels that way
>>
File: Oooooooo....gif (831 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
Oooooooo....gif
831 KB, 500x337
>>17507250
I wanna be a spoopy ghost. Woooooooo...
>>
Personally I don't know about life after death, I'm expecting it to be much like life... Before life? You remember how that was? Exactly

Or, from what I've seen and kinda read. Your brain releases a large amount of Dmt as you pass. Pain goes away but I mean depending on your state of mind could be the explainable after life. Angry \suicidal\violent death... Hell for sure. Unknowing, just died by accident without suffering or ill mindset... Heaven. Whatever you think last will be your eternity, I mean until the Dmt chemical wears off.
>>
File: mGi1cMz.gif (2 MB, 395x313) Image search: [Google]
mGi1cMz.gif
2 MB, 395x313
>>17507545

Nice retort.

>>17509942

Dualism is a philosophy concept that is already being outdated by contemporary writers. Even so, philosophy as a field does not use quantitative nor broadly qualitative experiments to come to its conclusions about the natural world.

Sciences like Biology, Chemistry and Psychology do use the scientific method and as a result can be applied to such questions.

OP asked what happens after we die. The simple, scientific answer is "you die, and there is nothing past it because organ that allows you to have cognitions died too".

deal with it.
>>
>>17510958
>Dualism is a philosophy concept that is already being outdated by contemporary writers.

Bullshit, show me where, who?
>>
>>17510958
I will stand by my belief that there is a ghost in the machine. Do you seriously believe that the "voice in your head" is created by the synaptic firing of neural networks?
>>
>>17511009
my thoughts exactly, but I didn't feel the need to point it out
>>
>>17511020
He has no idea what he's talking about, science can only be applied to abstract things.

How can science explain that which contains it, it cannot.

Humans saying they can is the ego.
>>
>>17510958
What you don't realise is that there will always be some people saying it's one thing and others saying it's another.

Your comment on dualism should make it clear that this is the case.

Just because some scientist or psychiatrist makes a conclusive report on something, that doesn't mean shit. It's the individuals belief, he then will try project that on others. Making it fact?

Humans can't grasp the thing thing that is the substance of existence and how it is formed.
DEAL WITH IT
>>
>>17510958
It's like looking out into space the more powerful the telescope the further space will expand.

Scientists would just love to find an end or something they can pin down, but sorry they wont
>>
Was reading up stuff on DMT and this was actually a pretty interesting and easy to digest article for the uninitiated like myself. I could definitely see the room for theories about DMT's connection with 'afterlife'. What I find interesting, is how oddly consistent the 'hallucinations' are, albeit with minor variances, for the most part.

http://www.vice.com/read/dmt-you-cannot-imagine-a-stranger-drug-or-a-stranger-experience-365
>>
File: 1426130647244.jpg (45 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1426130647244.jpg
45 KB, 450x450
>>17511009

Take your pick, my friend.

>Crick, F. (2004). The Astonishing Hypothesis. Scribner reprint edition

>Keestra, M. & Cowley, J., S. (2007). Foundationalism and neuroscience; silence and language

>Lycan, W. (1996) "Philosophy of Mind" in The Blackwell Companion to Philosophy,

>John-Dylan, H & Geraint R. (July 2006). Decoding mental states from brain activity in humans.

>Wilson, D. L. (1999). Mind-brain interaction and the violation of physical laws.

>Churchland, P (1988) Matter and Consciousness, Revised Edition, Cambridge

If you've got any evidence FOR dualism that is backed by contemporary science (by which I mean anything in the last 50-100 years) sure, provide some citations. I'll wait.
>>
>>17511059
state exactly which ones are written by contemporary dualists.
>>
>>17511040

That might appear true to some degree, but the evidence coming out of physics, medicine, neuroscience and psychology research has been pretty damn one sided towards the brain being matter and that matter providing cognition and thought.
>>
I'm not going to spoon feed you, dude.

Dualism is a hypothesis and theory about the nature of cognition and brain matter. Most of those articles are people trying to test/explore that very hypothesis.
>>
>>17511078
my bad, that was for
>>17511071
>>
>>17511078
The Dualism I am referring to states that the mind interacts with the body via non-physical processes. It would be quite difficult to provide empirical evidence for this interaction, therefore leaving the Dualist handicapped. Much can be written to support the Materialist in this debate because of the process is entirely physical and therefore testable. Despite this, at the current moment I am not entirely convinced that the Materialist has provided sufficient conclusive evidence to sway my opinion otherwise.
>>
>>17507250
If you mean as a physical being, then maybe. You happened to be conscience once, so why not again?
>>
>>17511083
btw I appreciate the articles that you've provided.
currently reading "Churchland - Matter and Consciousness"
>>
>>17507383
Good work making a claim without any indisputable proof to show for it. Don't speak like you actually know what happens.
>>
File: 1432872774131.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
1432872774131.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
>>17511123

That's fair enough if you're not convinced. Not to undercut you, but it easy to assume there's a strong desire for a lot of people here to believe the dualist hypothesis and that something (well) paranormal happens when we die.

After all, we are on /x/ so the bias towards that must be pretty high.

I'm only offering what science says. If you truely believe something non-physical (which I assume you mean outside of our current notions of matter, time and space) happens when we die, well you're far outside of science and within the world of either pseudoscience or religion. That's a paradigm where the world "fact" and "real" can be thrown around, but it doesn't hold any actual merit because its based on belief or faith.

Sorry but that's how it is.
>>
>>17511074
My argument, or point is still valid, and to be honest, I don't really give a fuck what Humans believe collectively.

Nor should you! Or anyone, do you really want to be told how it is?

You don't have to answer because I'M off for the night, but, think about it
>>
>>17511155

You're welcome. A good place to start is The Astonishing Hypothesis.
>>
>>17507250
for maybe 6 mins then you die
>>
>>17511162
It's still possible to have an opinion and be wrong though.

Have a good night, anon.
>>
>>17510329
Why do overly religious people feel the need to talk down on people who don't follow their beliefs?
>>
>>17511123
If you don't mind the hijack, one reason I like Dvaita Hinduism is the added layer of complexity to Western dualism. The key is that the mind/soul/ghost-in-the-machine DOESN'T interact with the body. It is only a witness, that is enjoying or suffering. The body - which consists not only of the physical but the mind (desires/thoughts), intelligence (knowledge, discrimination/values), and illusory "bond" that has the witness identify with the witnessed - is entirely material and governed by material processes.
>>
>>17511159
What we think and How we think are two distinct processes that should be acknowledged accordingly. How we think can be explained by neuroscience, nothing paranormal of the sort, just basic firing and wiring. It is the What that has me unconvinced. Many would use the perceptual process as a means to explain What we think; e.g. I see a tree and form a thought based on my perception of the tree, a basic algorithm. IDK about you but my thoughts can often be random and have absolutely nothing to do with my immediate surroundings. Studying Artificial Intelligence has me even more convinced of this. AI can only ever be perceptually aware, it will never be capable of random thought. I could be jumping to conclusions, but until I get answers I will continue to side with the Dualist.
>>
>>17507250
That's like asking "Will I burn after I melt?"
>>
>>17510297
In fact everything is an ilussion except consciousness.
>>
>>17507452
>Clinical Psychologist here
>Bullshits some neurology
>>
>>17507250
Only if you sign up for a Cryonics plan
>>
>>17507250
No, but life is suffering anyway, i would have off'ed myself long ago, if i had the balls to do it.
>>
>>17510334
this sounds really really good, before i was born was like the best time i ever had
>>
File: images.png (12 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
images.png
12 KB, 264x191
here is what the Bible says about predestination:

Acts 4:28, “to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur.”
Romans 8:29-30, “For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren; 30 and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.”
1 Corinthians 2:7, “but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom, which God predestined before the ages to our glory.”
Ephesians 1:5, “He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will.”
Ephesians 1:11, “also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will.”
>>
only if you die under a tree
>>
Scenarios
1) You need to experience death, in order to do that You need to be aware. You will also experience further events. Even blackness if it occurs.
2) Consciousness is information that is released with death.
3) You die and You're not aware of it.
>>
>>17507452
Fuck life
I lost it already
Nothing good will happen
only rebirth can save me
>>
>>17512313
>Everything is predestined
Yes, but you must also know that everything is ok.
>>
>>17510478
>the fact is atheism is a more comforting belief because we all know the after life will be as horrific as every religion says it is.

Actually, everything we have to go on from stuff like NDEs says that the afterlife isn't horrific at all, and any judgement or punishment that occurs there is self-inflicted when we see how we might have hurt people in our physical lives.
>>
>>17510563
>And the fact that your brain releases dmt when you die means nothing

I think there's actually no evidence that the brain releases DMT when you die. A lot of materialists who wanted to debunk NDEs just latched onto DMT for some reason.
>>
File: 1450337932059.jpg (552 KB, 1625x1117) Image search: [Google]
1450337932059.jpg
552 KB, 1625x1117
>>17507386
>Your consciousness is contained within your brain
citation fucking needed

>>17507271
>>17507286
>>17507383
>>17507429
>>17507452
>>17509632
>>17510824

>like before you were born
your theory is based on the false assumption that you are able to remember what it was like before you were born. it's impossible for us to remember what existence whas like before birth. for all you know you could have been floating around some spirit realm wondering what happens when you go through the hole with light shining in.

transferring from one form of existence to another seems like it should warrant some sort of memory alteration. especially when the only thing holding your memories are neural connections in your temporary meat sack
>>
I thought /x/ believed in everything. There are even threads about Jesusbfor christ sake
Why so much nihilism all of a sudden in the afterlife threads?
>>
What if as we die our lives are flashing before our eyes, and when you die if that flash it happens again in a sad monotonous repeat of high and lows, and Joy with Grief.
>>
>>17512950
I didn't think /x/ believed in *everything*, even if it was more open to certain possibilities. However, I share your surprise at the fact that there are apparently quite a few materialists here. I would have thought they'd have no interest in anything on /x/.
>>
File: 1367669368502.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1367669368502.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>17512940

>can literally scan a brain and see the difference between a conscious and unconscious mind
>severe brain damage can result in unconsciousness or death
>multiple kinds of drugs alter your conscious state, affecting the brain specifically
>babies born with malformed or missing brains lack any consciousness
>the only things that show consciousness have brains, and anything without a brain has no consciousness
>"hurr durr citation for the fucking obvious cos I'm a pleb"
>>
yes you will.
>>
>>17507250
yes, but not life the one you know, a different type of life.
>>
>>17507250
Will you die after life?
>>
>>17512940
Until more evidence is presented about some kind if spirit realm with spirits floating around, I will believe in the most logical theory, which is that there is nothing after death.
>>
>>17513159
the source and location of consciousness is an unsolved question that people have been trying to answer for centuries. the fact that you can't provide a legit source is proof.

all of the points that you made could just as easily be explained because consciousness dictates the way that the brain (and the rest of the body) behaves, and not vice-versa
>>
>>17510958
>what is the hard problem of consciousness
>>
>>17507250
depends
>>
>>17510610
That is literally what I was saying
>>
>>17507250
everything that makes you "you" exists within the states of neurons in the outermost layers (and some inner layers between separate regions) of the brain.
It is certain that when the flow of blood ceases electrical signals dissipate entirely from the brain. For all intents and purposes, there is currently no life after death, although this can be achieved by technical means, as it is highly probable the state of each neuron will eventually be able to be rendered in a computer program, although this copy of you may not resurrect your personal experience of living.
Recently a kid froze to death after passing out walking home from a party in a snowstorm. His father found his body the next day, and after 24 or so straight hours of resuscitation at the hospital he was brought back to life and claimed it was all like "a dream", as if his comprehension of everything stopped at the time of death, only to awaken in a hospital with no knowledge of his death.
>>
File: Scenicanimuwallpaper_12253.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Scenicanimuwallpaper_12253.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
An interesting idea from the realm of quantum physics:

As we learn more about consciousness, we are discovering that one of the big differences between a conscious and unconscious mind is that neurons and synapses go through every possible firing path to each other while awake, but only take the shortest path while the mind is asleep. This lends credence to the "quantum mind" theory, or the idea that our consciousness itself is a quantum process. Tl;DR what we have in our skulls is a biological quantum computer.

This leads to an interesting possibility that may happen to our mind when we die. Quantum information doesn't necessarily need to flow through time. This means that at the moment when the brain releases all that DMT and you experience that dreamlike state just before death, well, that dreamlike state never ends. Because your consiousness can no longer move forward in time, it instead moves up. Going through every single possible dream you can possibly have and then branching into further possibilities from that. Basically, the double slit experiment happens to our own dreamlike state...and thus dream never ends. Your mind travels through each and every one of the infinite possible hallucinations you could have for the rest of eternity.
>>
>>17514345
that literally gave me a boner
>>
>>17507452
That's it.

I don't even know where the fuck to begin... Why do people like you find dead bodies something to joke about? You think because you get to sit in your warm homes on a computer that you can just joke about horrible things like this? What the actual fuck is wrong with you guys? This is very fucked up, yet crazy assfucks like you are posting dead things like it's nothing. Sick fucks, doing this shit does fucking nothing. So you want to come on an imageboard to be an asshole about things like this? Let me tell you guys, you are all fucking weak. You would never be useful to the world with such behavior you present. Honestly why do people like you guys even exist? I bet you don't even know about half of what people have gone through from then till now when they have someone they've known die. You are all such disgusting bullies. Isn't it bad enough that people go through hardships of their loved ones? Seriously what do you guys really find funny about this? Stupid fuckers I'm so angry right now that I wish I can fucking punch my computer screen so that my fist can get a good hit on that asshole face of yours, OP. Sick fucks. Seriously, just fucking grow up and actually act properly about death. Stupid fuck, keep eating those cheetoes that you stain on your shirts every day.
>>
>>17514407
What are you going on about? I've found this thread particularly insightful.
>>
>>17513218
is it really more logical to think that you randomly come into existence from nothingness and then just as randomly stop existing again? The idea that your existence is eternal but merely changing in stages feels way more intuitive
>>
>>17507295
I've got plans to do what I can to rescue as many souls as I can from the jaws of the terror-beasts that exist.

If you survive death and see me, you'll know that I succeeded. If not, then pray.
>>
>>17514345
Except there's no real evidence whatsoever of that occurring. When the brain no longer receives a flow of blood, it can't send neurotransmitters and the cells begin necrosis.
>>
>>17514533
But that's not how it works, you came into existence from roughly a billion years of amino acids and polynucleotides knocked around in hot primordial soup until something formed that replicated itself. Abiogenesis is confirmed to be possible. Eventually this formed multicellular life, then a nervous system, and hundreds of millions of years of that, being wiped almost entirely out 5 times, evolved a system of dealing with the complex neural activity of the brain. Consciousness. When you die your body is still there, the state of your memories stored in the neurons of the hippocampus until necrosis breaks them down, you don't "randomly stop existing", nor was your coming into existence random. It's exactly what should've happened based on the physicochemical reaction of matter on earth. I find that far more beautiful than the idea of each human just meshing into a sea of eternal souls to please some cosmic Kim Jong Un.
>>
>>17507250
yep
we'll repeat the same shit
>>
>>17511059
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia
>>
>>17515105
Hey, I thought this was quite good. I want to talk to you a bit if you have some time. If you use Skype, then send me a message. I'm NegiSpringfieldof4ch. I know some people who might want to get to know you too.
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>17507286
fully lol'd
>>
File: 1389373417108.gif (833 KB, 167x167) Image search: [Google]
1389373417108.gif
833 KB, 167x167
>>17507289
>>17509632
>>17512940

Why do people do this?
You can't compare death to when before you were born. It's not comparable. You can't die if you never existed so why compare death to when you never existed? Death happens when one exists ceases to exist. It's a totally different experiences. It's getting life and losing life. It shouldn't feel the same.
>>
>>17507250
no but your dna might scatter and form something idk
>>
>>17507250
>will I live after death

no you're dead
>>
>>17511185
Because they're insecure
>>
>>17507250
There is nothing after death. Getting tired of these after-lifers in this fucking thread. There has been plenty of patients (hospitals) that have been resurrected this century and all of them say that their death experience was "nothing" or that they had no thought or knowledge of them being dead while being in such state.
>>
Thinking about stuff like this is a huge waste of time.
>>
>>17512940
>it's impossible for us to remember what existence whas like before birth.
In the same respect it is impossible to remember what existence was like after death
>>
>>17507250
I won't give you the answer to that question. That is something you have to discover for yourself.

All I will say is, both nothing and everything matters.
>>
Go die and find out.
>>
>>17507250
Spirit Church: Hell Bill Wiese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30
Another by Bill Wiese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5obMsaXLYyI
Ex Muslim visited by Jesus Christ Afshin Javid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0XonxS5KG4
Suicide - Tamara Laroux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGQDkCi-OIY
Atheist dies, Hell, Heaven and Jesus Christ: Ian McCormack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbTAmN4m2lQ
>>
>>17512940
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17475053
there is your citation btw, consciousness exists roughly 80% in the cerebral cortex, the outermost layer of gray matter in the brain, and 20% in the brain stem. (80% being higher level thought, emotions, "you", 20% is the instinctual urges to eat, sleep, fuck, and react to danger.
>>
>>17507250
No matter what belief system is correct, you WILL come back. The fact that you happened once guarantees your return. If ever time didn't exist, it certainly came into existence, same goes for matter. So even if matter and time cease to exist they may reappear at some point as they may or may not have done in the past. Given this infinite nature of the universe, you will literally be Spiderman one day. But you will also be guaranteed to suffer a Gorilla gangbang by the same token.
>>
>>17515715
They both feel like nothing as in an absolute lack of consciousness experience
>>
>>17514407
yo uh buddy you quoted a picture of a living duck? there are zero pictures of dead bodies in this and idk if you find people contemplating and discussing the nature of death in a serious way disrespectful you're kind of a bitch, desu.
>>
>>17517385
The evidence points towards a finite universe, infinite universe hypotheses only exist in theoretical physics.
>>
I died and I currently have no memory of it, and get this, I was alive and I have no memory of that time following death either. I ate pills like they were chewable candy, and I did not listen to women. It is good to be alive, but you know what? Dying is okay, too.
>>
>>17509598
Alexander the great, Hitler, Mohammed, and Jesus all changed the world and they believed in some kind of afterlife or paranormal shit, so your argument doesn't make much sense to me.
>>
>>17512313
This isn't talking about you.
>>
>>17514345
Pretty cool post.
>>
>>17515105
>Abiogenesis is confirmed to be possible
source?
>>
>>17507250
We are SOULS with bodies not bodies with souls, our journey has just begun my friend.
>>
>>17507429
Lol the brain is just a seat for consciousness my friend.
>>
>>17510159
To tap into source or infinite intelligence is a very lengthy n arduous process but should be the goal.
>>
>>17518392
whats a soul?
>>
>>17517192
>Getting tired of these after-lifers in this fucking thread.

Yeah, who would have thought that people on a paranormal board might believe in an afterlife?

>There has been plenty of patients (hospitals) that have been resurrected this century and all of them say that their death experience was "nothing" or that they had no thought or knowledge of them being dead while being in such state.

Um, no. That could not be more false. Have you never heard of near-death experiences? Or are you just going to say those don't count for some reason?
>>
Look into cryonics. There is hope for life after death, if you want to freeze your brain
>>
>>17507452
>simply
>scientifically

pick one
>>
File: 1446325500400s.jpg (4 KB, 117x125) Image search: [Google]
1446325500400s.jpg
4 KB, 117x125
>>17513571
>conciousness dictates the way that the brain behaves
Really. So some vague intagible "spiritual" being just said, "hey I'll embody a person it's what all the cool kids are doing" and bought a ticket from our lord and savio jesus fucking christ like a fucking reservation plan? Yeah, fucking right. Keep telling yourself that pussy, come back when you're willing to face facts.
>>
>>17518380
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment
>>
File: tumblr_nkm1fiQebI1s2i1z2o1_400.gif (987 KB, 400x409) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkm1fiQebI1s2i1z2o1_400.gif
987 KB, 400x409
>>17513571
>the source and location of consciousness is an unsolved question that people have been trying to answer for centuries.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17475053
http://www.epilepsybehavior.com/article/S1525-5050(14)00201-7/abstract?cc=y=
http://www.who.int/peh-emf/meetings/archive/en/scholes.pdf
http://www.richmond-philosophy.net/rjp/back_issues/rjp5_papineau.pdf
https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=A2s963AzymYC&oi=fnd&pg=PA345&dq=neo+frontal+cortex+consciousness&ots=m9M6edcuy5&sig=zT0VKRuWfA1HjA5Le2YQo3UxFa8#v=onepage&q&f=false
>>
>>17507250
perhaps if you invent some way to do so
>>
>>17507271
How do you know that a person experiences nothing before being born? Just because it's presently not in your memory doesn't mean nothing happened.
>>
>>17519376
We even have some evidence for pre-birth existence from past life regressions and life-between-lives regressions. Some people even remember stuff spontaneously. There was a past lives thread here recently where one anon talked about very specific memories he had of being a Frenchman in the 1700s, having to write a letter to the parents of a boy who was sent to him to be educated but died in some kind of accident. He specifically remembered how he felt that the boy was like a son to him and how his grief made it hard for him to write the letter.
>>
>>17520024
>anecdotal posts on the internet confirm my hypothesis of something absurd
>>
>>17513571

>the source and location of consciousness is an unsolved question that people have been trying to answer for centuries. the fact that you can't provide a legit source is proof.

You mean you haven't solved it? Your own ignorance isn't the standard, friendo. The world knows where consciousness is located. This kind anon went and dug up the links for you >>17518875

>all of the points that you made could just as easily be explained because consciousness dictates the way that the brain (and the rest of the body) behaves, and not vice-versa

Moronic. If it was consciousness that dictated it, it wouldn't be altered by messing with the brain. Consciousness wouldn't change. You might as well be saying that the information on a hard-drive dictates its physicality, and smashing it with a hammer won't affect that information at all. It clearly does.
>>
In heaven if Christ, hell if no believe ^_^/////:////://////
>>
We are "everything".

The ego is an illusion, an important one for your life. We cant comprehend everything. But I have the feeling that everything will last forever.
>>
>>17520456
Too horrifying of a concept for me. Losing what makes you you is as good as having never existed. Keeping what's you but being trapped in a state of awareness where you can no longer interact with the reality around you is even worse. Quite possibly the worst fate. Especially if it's anything like >>17507537
>>
We could produce a universe identitical to ours in the far future
>>
>>17520634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo

>inb4 CoD and weird edgy guy
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 989x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 989x750
>>17520646
>is life a simulation
>mfw we're being played like the sims
>they left the PC running
>>
>>17520660
>*fails to move past light speed*
>*regularly shuts down for defragmentation*
Nothing personnel kid
>>
>>17520554
>Too horrifying of a concept for me. Losing what makes you you is as good as having never existed.

Yeah, I've never understood the appeal of ego death.
>>
>>17520692
After all, if you're 'everything', then really, that's just a fancy way of saying you're nothing.
>>
Maybe the point in ego death was just to teach that to remove the bad would mean removing the good as well.
>>
File: 1422909225939.jpg (107 KB, 616x484) Image search: [Google]
1422909225939.jpg
107 KB, 616x484
>>17514345
>image saved
>post saved
>>
>>17514345
And God could be that force of balance or equality that bumps you in a good or bad dream
>>
>>17520692
I don't get the appeal of ego. so what if my ego was 'like ice cream' but I get to unite with the universe and escape from all suffering, then I don't like ice cream anymore, who cares
>>
>>17514345
So pretty much rick and morty
>>
>>17507250
possibly through scientific achievement
>>
>>17520634
Well, there's a finite amount of matter and energy in the universe, and to create an identical universe we would need an equal amount of matter and energy to store the information about the matter and energy of the simulated universe. Therefor a simulated full-reality is physically impossible. Ergo we don't live in a simulation.
>>
>>17520771
in the same way it is a complete work of fiction with a couple facts of reality incorporated to mask its total absurdity, yes, rick and morty.
>>
Could we create a new big bang, somehow, someway?
>>
>>17520806
Not sure where you're going to find the compressed matter of an entire universe
>>
>>17520806
For the Big Bang to happen again, the conditions that were present during the time of the Big Bang should prevail again. There should be a very hot ball of infinite mass and density. There is a hypothesis that states that the present universe will contract under its own gravity and collapse in what is known as the "Big Crunch", which is the opposite of the Big Bang. This ball, containing all the matter and energy of the collapsed universe will expand again in a "new" Big Bang, and the cycle will repeat.

For now it will just keep expanding
>>
>>17520847
>There should be a very hot ball of infinite mass and density.
*Immensely dense ball of finite mass and energy that precedes classical and quantum physics
>>
>>17520763
My understanding of ego death is that you'd lose a lot more than your fondness for ice cream. You'd lose your entire individual identity. "You" would cease to exist just as much as if the materialists were right.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (25 KB, 282x392) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
25 KB, 282x392
>visit /x/ again after almost 3 years
>see this thread
>mfw
>>
>>17520960
3 years aint shit nigger it's the same
>>
File: 1382432707903879338.jpg (87 KB, 800x402) Image search: [Google]
1382432707903879338.jpg
87 KB, 800x402
According to the law of conservation of energy, energy cannot be created or destroyed, it is simply converted to a different type of energy.

Our physical awareness, thoughts, dreams, etc are due to electrical impulses in the brain. In other words, who we are as people, our consciousness, is electrical energy. Our brain is just a big squishy circuit board. The question then is what follows upon death, when our brain is no longer able to keep powering the electricity. That electrical energy has to go somewhere and has to convert into something.

What's to say other types of energy can't run a consciousness just as well as electricity?
>>
>>17521244
The energy in life is then used in the decomposition process after death. That's where it goes.
>>
File: rUuJyVC.jpg (205 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
rUuJyVC.jpg
205 KB, 625x468
>>17521283
What about bodies that are frozen and unable to decompose fully?
>>
>>17521609
The energy dissipates into surrounding materials. Regardless, a dead body is no more conscious than my toaster based on its electrical content.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43iW8oB20Ps
>>
>>17507250
As I see it, our ability to perceive and interact with the fundamental forces of the universe will continue after our time here on the physical plane.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeETEoNfOg
>>
File: sad-viking.png (427 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
sad-viking.png
427 KB, 500x450
>tfw you were born in the wrong time period and will never die a warrior's death and ascend to valhalla
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INLo0Zr0_lA
>>
>>17522169
>>17522202
>>17522233

don't think it was ever said better.
>>
>>17507250
I hope so anon. I hope so.
>>
run out of cigs. look around, found pack you forgot about. shit like that happens to me all the time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWIXUxmN1vQ
>>
All I can say is, hold on to your butts.
>>
>>17510101
I like you.
>>
>>17522223
Why would that be time specific? Plenty of wars going on right now to participate in.
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.