[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are paranormal experiences actually ephemeral perceptions of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (243 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243 KB, 960x600
Are paranormal experiences actually ephemeral perceptions of quantum phenomena?

"The micro-universe of the quantum is bizarre in comparison to the macro-universe. Particles pop in and out of existence in defiance of the laws of conservation (matter can neither be created nor destroyed). Different particles can be in the same place at the same time, or can even be in every possible place at the same time. One of the most important aspects of the quantum realm is that nothing can be predicted with certainty. The randomness observed in subatomic events, as well as the inability to determine both the momentum and the location of any given particle at the same moment in time, has led to the uncertainty principle of quantum mechanics, which states that only the probability of a given event can be predicted"
>>
>>17485615

So, paranormal activity is the macro equivalent of the micro-quantum condition?
>>
>>17485629
That is what I'm wondering. Could the human mind, under the right conditions, become aware of quantum fluctuations?

Ghosts, cryptids, doppelgängers, harbingers, synchronicity, time loss etc etc could all be quantum anomalies detected/created by the human brain and maybe it is the basis of the subconscious
>>
>>17485673

The human subconscious processes and filters out information it's deemed to be trivial to our well being. If the filter starts to fail, our conscious mind starts to very bombarded by imagery it's not prepared to handle.
>>
File: image.jpg (358 KB, 1201x902) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358 KB, 1201x902
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm
>>
>>17485752

This is an interesting read. Not really what OP was suggesting though.

I think what OP was asking is could pockets of quantum irregularities be picked up by the subconscious and interpreted as "spooky" shit.
>>
>>17487371
OP here and ya that's what I was thinking of. Interesting none the less that quantum effects possibly occur in the brains micro tubules
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 539x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 539x567
>>17485673
>>17485629

The term is 'macroscopic realism,' and you suppose that it's incorrect. I'm also of this opinion.

Do you know how 3D games work? There is no big, wide world - there's a little box filled with models covered with textures. As you move, the program displays different models, but you never leave the little box.

But an average game doesn't have a physics simulator on par with reality. But if it did, just imagine reality inside a little box. Then consider Portal.

In any game, the sprite is just an image projected on the screen. Within the program, a so-called 'variable' named "Mario" is given a location on a 2D algebra graph, and so are all the other things in the game. When two things touch, code exists to assure something happens - "Mario" can't move through walls, and dies when he gets touched by certain variables.

The code of games resemble physics because it's based on mathematical models invented to model the real world. Games are a direct attempt to simulate reality with math otherwise reserved for ICBM's.

It's not a coincidence that elementary particles function as variables - variables were invented to represent such a concept. These particle-variables can display all the behavior described in the OP's post.

I have an essay about universe creation, if anyone's curious;

>http://freetexthost.com/k6pbnqohhm
>Universe Creation
>>
>>17485615
No, quantum processes are low energy, so it can't work on a macro-scale in a matter filled, high energy universe.
>>
>>17487752
I like your essays, you should post a thread with all your knowledge so we can discuss :)
>>
>>17485673
I feel its not as simple as just saying its quantun events on a micro or macroscale theres onviously something extra. We live safely in the most hostile of enviroments locally and on a cosmic scale.

Obvious heavenly powers are around.
>>
>>17487852

Hey! Keep this on the topic of paranormal "science." I quote because I know I am using the word very liberally.

Point is: No religious or magical mayhem please.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 919x1413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 919x1413
>>17487833

Done; >>17488063
>>
>>17487852
That's not looking at it objectively
>>
Think about this

There are other dimensions EVERYWHERE.

Print out a dot, go to a microscopic level, that dot actually has height to it

GO to a quantum level, and that world is as massive and immersive as this size we inherit right now

Go to a massive fucking scale, relative to your size, its the same to you.

EVERYWHERE you are, is another dimension which you are either too big or too small to experience
>>
This really needs a bump

Especially since I'm not smart enough to understand this >>17490672
>>
>>17490672
Ok I get that there are things too extreme for our senses to be aware of like the height of a drawn dot but do you believe this reasoning is behind seeing a ghost?

I imagine it to be more related to atom's ability of existing in multiple places at once. The interfacing between quantum matter and the mind which creates our reality has a blip so to speak creating paranormal events
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 250x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 250x246
>>
>>17495225
Silent Hill?
>>
>>17495242
Nope a work by Hans Bellmer. He makes some creepy shit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.