[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaudiya Vaishnava General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: Shiva_krsna.jpg (103 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Shiva_krsna.jpg
103 KB, 600x800
Krishna.com

Purebhakti.com

Vedabase.com
>>
Kṛṣṇa who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes.

Purport:

Kṛṣṇa is the exalted Supreme entity having His eternal name, eternal form, eternal attribution and eternal pastimes. The very name "Kṛṣṇa" implies His love-attracting designation, expressing by His eternal nomenclature the acme of entity. His eternal beautiful heavenly blue-tinged body glowing with the intensity of ever-existing knowledge has a flute in both His hands. As His inconceivable spiritual energy is all-extending, still He maintains His all-charming medium size by His qualifying spiritual instrumentals. His all-accommodating supreme subjectivity is nicely manifested in His eternal form. The concentrated all-time presence, uncovered knowledge and inebriating felicity have their beauty in Him. The mundane manifestive portion of His own Self is known as all-pervading Paramātmā, Īśvara (Superior Lord) or Viṣṇu (All-fostering). Hence it is evident that Kṛṣṇa is sole Supreme Godhead. His unrivaled or unique spiritual body of superexcellent charm is eternally unveiled with innumerable spiritual instrumentals (senses) and unreckonable attributes keeping their signifying location properly, adjusting at the same time by His inconceivable conciliative powers. This beautiful spiritual figure is identical with Kṛṣṇa and the spiritual entity of Kṛṣṇa is identical with His own figure.
>>
The very intensely blended entity of eternal presence of felicitous cognition is the charming targeted holding or transcendental icon. It follows that the conception of the indistinguishable formless magnitude (Brahman) which is an indolent, lax, presentment of cognitive bliss, is merely a penumbra of intensely blended glow of the three concomitants, viz., the blissful, the substantive and the cognitive. This transcendental manifestive icon Kṛṣṇa in His original face is primordial background of magnitudinal infinite Brahman and of the all-pervasive oversoul. Kṛṣṇa as truly visioned in His variegated pastimes, such as owner of transcendental cows, chief of cowherds, consort of milk-maids, ruler of the terrestrial abode Gokula and object of worship by transcendental residents of Goloka beauties, is Govinda. He is the root cause of all causes who are the predominating and predominated agents of the universe. The glance of His projected fractional portion in the sacred originating water viz., the personal oversoul or Paramātmā, gives rise to a secondary potency-nature who creates this mundane universe. This oversoul's intermediate energy brings forth the individual souls analogously to the emanated rays of the sun.

This book is a treatise of Kṛṣṇa; so the preamble is enacted by chanting His name in the beginning.

http://www.vedabase.com/en/bs/5
>>
>>17472845
>His unrivaled or unique spiritual body of superexcellent charm is eternally unveiled with innumerable spiritual instrumentals (senses) and unreckonable attributes keeping their signifying location properly, adjusting at the same time by His inconceivable conciliative powers.

I both love and hate how I feel I need college courses just to decipher the language Srila Bhaktisiddhanta would use. Truly a master logophile.
>>
shaivism a best
>>
>>17474210
Jai Shambhu. You should start a thread for Him.
>>
So what have you personally experienced from Krishna bhakti? How did it help you and it what ways?
>>
>>17472845
>>17472846
Using big words means your bullshit.
>>
File: vrindavan grove.jpg (284 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
vrindavan grove.jpg
284 KB, 1024x768
>>17474229
Not certain what type of answers you're looking for. I could give you mundane things like the view of being the soul and not the body has helped me cope and work through my bipolar tendencies, or that reconnecting to humanity in general allowed me to reconcile and reconnect with my family, or that simply switching to vegetarian diet cut out basically all fast food from my eating and made me healthier in general.

But what does any of that have to do with bhakti? Exercise and involvement in the community do the same thing.

I could talk of the mental clarity and calmness bhakti yoga brings. How seeing all things as coming from and belonging to Krishna means respect for all things, gratitude for all things. Even so-called bad things I can be thankful for; for these moments teach and humble and allow appreciation of so-called good and strengthens my empathy for other lives. That seeing all life - from most beloved to worst enemy to tiniest bacterium - as souls in service to Krishna gives one deeper caring, understanding, and love for every being you interact with.

But bhakti-yoga has no monopoly on peaceful equanimity.

I could relay the four times I feel Krishna directly affected and was present in my life. The doors he opened and signs he gave to encourage my joining the temple. The time I was fortunate to hear a single note from His Flute, the time I was given the briefest glimpse into Goloka-Vrindavan - the Eternal Abode, or the time He overwhelmed my senses with the briefest realization that Krishna was Many And One.

But I will readily agree that all of these will simply sound like me reading too much into coincidence and imagination.

The only real answer I can give is that loving Krishna has allowed me to restart loving Krishna. That although it is most likely a manifestation of my false ego and arrogance, I feel an utterly irrational surety that my eternal, loving relation with Krishna is as a friend.
>>
We have a religion board you know.
>>
File: krishna graffiti.jpg (171 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
krishna graffiti.jpg
171 KB, 400x300
>>17474351
God is my friend, my greatest friend, my most intimate. Or rather I am His friend. In my perfection, I will come up with many ways for Him to play and enjoy. I will stand beside Him in quest and defense as His most loyal wingman. I know that even as I falter and stray to the material, He will not.

In this world, I see God as the ultimate Prankster. He has duped EVERYONE, even those that get the joke. I know He laughs at all of this, at me. So would we, if we could really see ourselves. I try to see the hilarities, the ironies, the humor in life. For what is this place, if not funny? Take it too serious, and all you get is tragedy. Laugh or cry. Hare Krishna.

Krishna is my friend, but He is a mischievous one, and there are numerous counts of Him enjoying the irate attention of His village. To speak plainly, sometimes He's downright an asshole. But who doesn't have a friend that can be an asshole sometimes?

My love for Krishna, as my love for my friends, only grows in these times.
>>
>>17474383
/his/? Vastly different type of discussions. Much more about the history than the content, the abstract philosophical treatise rather than practice and spiritual experience.

Why not both?
>>
>>17474351
>, the time I was given the briefest glimpse into Goloka-Vrindavan - the Eternal Abode

Could you expand on this? I am very interested
>>
>>17477069
Hey, the thread is still up!

The pic I posted here >>17474351
is what I saw. I was circumambulating the town of Vrindavana, India - one of our holiest spots - and chanting the maha-mantra. I was really trying to concentrate on the location, on realizing that the spiritual world is always with us, and us with it. That nothing but our false ego and illusion separate us from the Absolute. And I feel confident that at that point I was given the briefest glimpse through the veil.

It's a literal place on Earth, an unused section of land in Vrindavan, India with trees and wildflowers. I don't really have anything in the way of proof or anything objectively special.

But at that moment, in that place, I was awash with a complete and serene joy. I KNEW what I was seeing, what I was being shown, was not the material spot I took said picture of, but a playground for Govinda and His childhood pals. That even at that moment they played in that field, rested under those trees.

I am not so arrogant as to discount all of this as the wild imaginings of a neophyte, but I can't shake my faith that my eternal pastimes take place in that field. This was Krishna's most sweet gift to me in this life.
>>
File: Krishna cowherd boys.jpg (72 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Krishna cowherd boys.jpg
72 KB, 800x600
>>17480666
Hrm, that might bring some trolling.

To be clear, when I say I saw my Eternal Abode, understand that I perceive no difference between this and seeing God. There is no separating Krishna and His Abode, no difference between Them save distinction.

For me, though I saw no supremely beautiful, black-skinned youth in golden garments surrounded by adoring friends and a pale white older brother in blue, if you ask me if I have ever seen God - I will say yes.
>>
File: india cow graffiti.jpg (300 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
india cow graffiti.jpg
300 KB, 1024x768
>>17480666
>>17480716
Uff, and all that without namefagging. I must be tired.

Vrindavan, while I'm here and bored, is such an interesting place. On the one view, it's a dilapidated, poo-in-the-loo tourist trap town where relatively lavish temples run holy(er-than-thou) rituals when outside people in extreme poverty are begging. A few simple farmers trying to get by with what their family's done for generations while hundreds of "holy sites" and merchant shops and pilgrimage tours have sprouted all around them. Crafty natives taking advantage of naive visitors at outlying holy spots (yes, I still a little mad). Kids learning quick that tourists give money or candy, or if neither of those never expect and can't punish you throwing mud/rocks at them (not mad at all). And through it all the blatant thought that I'm the reason for the influx of money, and the general downgrade of the situation.

But then I blink and I see a spot on Earth WHOLLY dedicated to their God. Temples use every ounce of extra luxury to revere Krishna. Hundreds of them, thousands - from the extremely lavish to the homeless sadhu with a deity stuck in a tree. The beggars are outside the temple because those temples feed them six times a day. People there are VOCAL on their religion, like the opposite of France. But it's predominantly focused on their favorite pastime, or what Krishna did where. It's quite rare in all that talking to hear exclamations of superiority or exclusiveness, or of hatred toward others. To me - they really didn't care outside of Krishna. Tourists and outsiders are there for Krishna. Grifters steal and cheat you in the name of God. Kids scoop up mud and sell it as "gopi chandam," or cry "sadhu" for you to give them things. Even the graffiti is about God.
>>
File: india pigs.jpg (228 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
india pigs.jpg
228 KB, 1024x768
>>17480794
I don't think I'll ever go back, but I'm so glad I went. They say your actions are multiplied in holy spots, and that is one of the most potent. You can strip thousands of lifetimes of karma away in such a place, or bury yourself in it.

Personally, I think it's a fascinating culture and way to be. They have their homes, they have their markets, their small comforts, and Krishna. Krishna Everywhere.

But I also think it's sad they still have open sewers, and inadequate medical facilities, and so on. The influx of Western money and viewpoint is helping, but their - MY - focus on Krishna is more fanatically central in such a place. We don't live there. So the help is slow.
>>
>>17480831
Thank you for the insight prabhu. I have had similar experiences while chanting japa on some occasions.

>Grifters steal and cheat you in the name of God. Kids scoop up mud and sell it as "gopi chandam," or cry "sadhu" for you to give them things. Even the graffiti is about God.

Knowing Krsna's proclivities, it doesn't surprise me his holy land would be like that at all.
>>
Accept Christ or burn in hell.
>>
>>17482861
Will you settle for I accept Christ but still expect to spend a few lifetimes in Hell?
>>
>>17482861
>Accept a long dead jewish gnostic sect leader or burn in an imaginary place of Anglo-Saxon paganism
>>
>>17483700
No, burn in a goddess of anglo-saxon paganism.
>>
File: Hel.jpg (59 KB, 720x564) Image search: [Google]
Hel.jpg
59 KB, 720x564
>>17484117
>In Norse mythology, Hel is a being who presides over a realm of the same name
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)
>>
>>17485189
Would burn in dat t b h.
>>
>>17472835
fuck outta here.
you iskcon people are an embarrassment.
>>
File: kirtan-party.jpg (50 KB, 437x604) Image search: [Google]
kirtan-party.jpg
50 KB, 437x604
Bump to embarrass that one guy.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.