[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/omg/ -- Occultism & Magick General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 232_Black.png (18 KB, 810x1138) Image search: [Google]
232_Black.png
18 KB, 810x1138
>Temple of Solomon the King (occultism, esotericism, anthropology and religion resources):
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Mesmer's Lair (hypnosis, hypnotherapy, some neuropsych, brainwashing resources):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

>Last thread:
>>17439125
>>
I'm really curious, but do people ever make altars for Goetic beings/demons/whatever? Maybe not in a theurgic sort of way, but in reverence or worship? This is something I've been wondering about for a while, but I can't seem to find any information about such a thing anywhere.
>>
>>17451841
That would be quite dumb and irresponsible. You're not supposed to worship Goetics, as they're pledged to obedience by yourself, if you've done the workings properly.

Plus, why the hell would you give agency to something that you're not even sure exists?
>>
Also we still need writers for www.lvxnox.com.
>>
>>17451860
Ayyyy today's my last day of real work for about a week and a half.
>>
>>17451852
By all means, I had no plans to try. I don't practice magick, but I enjoy learning about it, and I was just wondering if that was a thing that people ever do. It was a poorly worded question, my apologies!
>>
>>17451871
I'm sure someone does that, but that's kinda missing the point of the whole thing.
>>
>>17451876
Could you elaborate?
>>
>>17451879
It goes against the presuppositions made by the Keys of Solomon, and thus misses the point.

The core idea of KoS is that you contact your Guardian Angel and then command those entities like your minions, basically.

Worshiping them is just like... why would you ever want to give up your agency?
>>
>>17451884
Makes sense. That sounds like it has the potential to be dangerous.
>>
How do I go about discovering what my true will or destiny is?
>>
I want to try sigil magick out but I'm afraid of the consequences, like someone constantly being affected by it even after it has served it's purpose... I don't know how all of this works.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454715384791.jpg (27 KB, 720x541) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454715384791.jpg
27 KB, 720x541
How to unlock pineal gland? Is that stuff all snake oil?
>>
bump. Did everyone enjoy the eclipse?
>>
What do you guys think about chaos magic? Is this a good magic to start or i'm fucking up by doing this?
>>
>>17451982
Yes, all that stuff is snake oil.

>>17451917
Listen for the voice of Self in the song of silence.

>>17451976
What possible consequence could there be from firing a sigil that's not tied to a given entity?

>>17451986
Not near me. March 23rd we got a lunar eclipse. That'll be fun.

>>17452004
First, get more educated in the material. Chaos magick is often the 'idiot's guide' but be warned that the authors of those EZ KAOS MAYJIK books tend to have massively strong groundings in Thelema, GD, Tantra, and a few of them in math.

It's fine for beginners provided you don't stop your researches there. Chaos is a great place to start, and a terrible place to stop.
>>
>>17451917
First of all, you achieve complete personal integration.

Secondly, you fuck bitches.

>>17451976
Sigils are literally glorified self-hypnosis.

>>17451982
It's snake oil.

>>17452004
Chaos magic is literally glorified self-hypnosis.

If you want something that's more meaty in paranormal phenomena, I very highly recommend Enochian and Solomonic stuff, however even then, it's quite hard to make distinctions.
>>
File: 13843253039.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
13843253039.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
I hereby summon Surgo Ad Hubti!

>muh hypnosis
>muh hypnosis
>muh hypnosis

Now appear, ye fiendish spirit!
>>
>>17452108
Care to elaborate on achieving complete personal integration?
>>
>>17452115
Resolving inner conflicts, basically.
>>
Surgo, my friend, do you have any books on Slavic paganism?
>>
>>17452428
Nerp. I never actually went into that. You might want to contact the people behind 40i4, they're doing a reconstructive Slavic initiatory system.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AHZeWDDPuTg
>>
>>17452442
Attempted general theory of grimoire, plausible?

Also, maybe a good place to start for curious people
>>
>>17452442
666 views! Poor production quality
>>
>>17452439
Thanks, man!
>>
So i want get into magick, but i don't know how to begin.
I tried to read the black bible but i didn't understand a thing.

so please help me out here guys!
>>
Can sigil magick be used to affect someone who you only know through internet or do i need to have had physical contact with him at any point in my life?
>>
>>17452898
No worries.

>>17452947
Magick specifically, you want Crowley. Start with the Keys of Solomon, read Iamblichus, Agrippa, Giordano Bruno, etc. etc. But Crowley first, as he lays things out in a very do-this-because-this-and-that way, while the rest goes into the more metaphysical theory behind it, which I personally find entirely redundant.

If you want straight effects without the layers of metaphysics, the second link in the OP covers 90% of the applied parts of it.

I am still lacking the majority of the other literature, but the straight parts are there. I should probably get on this as well.

>>17453049
Not as far as the certain parts of it are concerned, but it's worth a try re: telepathy and remotely causing events.
>>
>Have non-serious problem I've been dealing with for 7 years
>Tried to solve it multiple times, eventually fall back into it
>Decide to do something that has actual meaning
>Write down on small piece of paper that I won't do X until Y conditions have been met
>Fold and crumple tiny piece of paper before swallowing it
>Have an easier time dealing with mentioned problem, no temptations and didn't even go cold turkey
>Wake up this morning wondering what the I just did
Did I curse myself or something? What would happen if I start doing X again before the conditions are met?
>>
>>17453100
That's self-hypnosis in a nutshell.
Nothing miraculous, you just changed the automatic processes of your mind to reflect the intention you had.
>>
>>17452947
Check following books and choose which you like most, or read them all.
"High Magic" - Frater UD
"Learning Ritual Magic" - John Michael Greer
"Modern Magick" - Donald Michael Kraig
"Condensed Chaos" - Phil Hine
"Stealing the Fire from Heaven" - Stephen Mace

Don't listen to Surgo and proceed with caution, aside from being useful for beginners there are mistakes and pure bullshit, especially in Kraigs book. So double check everything.
>>
>>17453191
>Don't listen to Surgo
>recommends UD and Kraig
Please. I agree with Greer and Hine, heard decent things about Mace.

Still doesn't substitute the source material.
>>
>>17453217
It does, very well. You especially should know that it's all the same shit in the end, just with different appeals. Source material does not have any appeal for beginner.
>>
File: gnostic mass.jpg (159 KB, 630x850) Image search: [Google]
gnostic mass.jpg
159 KB, 630x850
>>17452947

Going to go for a middle ground here.

If you just want to get your feet wet with some basic shit, try something along these lines >>17453191 , though I'd avoid Kraig particularly, he's shit. Never read UD.

A better way to get your feet wet is to just tip around and read things like Liber O, or the stuff on Chaos Matrix, that kind of stuff. Explore and see what takes your fancy, don't worry about having to devour an entire book, just see if this is something that interests you.

If you decide it's something you'd like to explore more, then go for Surgo's suggestions >>17453075 . Agrippa, KoS, Iamblichus etc. form a foundational part of the Western Mystery Tradition, and Crowley provides some good entry points into it (for all his pomp, he was one of the first to try and demystify the whole thing).

I'd also recommend reading up on the Golden Dawn, it's good to get a bit of context of how the WMT has developed since the 19th century- it's undergone some pretty radical shifts, spurred in part by the GD's attempt to fuse Eastern and Western methods
>>
>>17453242
Then drop the pretense and focus on the actual science of what is done.
>>
How do people find time for this shit? Like, let alone even keeping interest in it.
>>
>>17453354
How does one find time for anything but work, sleep, and providing for ones physiological needs, right?
>>
File: 220px-Jan_Van_Ruysbroeck.jpg (16 KB, 220x288) Image search: [Google]
220px-Jan_Van_Ruysbroeck.jpg
16 KB, 220x288
>Now, if the spirit is to contemplate God with God, without intermediary, in this divine light, three things are necessary for a person.

>The first is that he must be well-ordered from without in all virtues and unhindered within, just as empty of all outward works as though he were not working. For if he is busy within by any work of virtue, then he is assailed by image. As long as that is going on in him, he cannot contemplate.

>Secondly, he must cleave to God within by devoted intention and love, just like a kindled, blazing fire that can no longer be extinguished. During the time that he feels himself to be in this state, he can contemplate.

>Thirdly, he must have lost himself in a waylessness and in a darkness in which all contemplatives wander around in enjoyment and can no longer find themselves in a creaturely way. In the abyss of this darkness in which the loving spirit has died to itself, there begin the revelation of God and eternal life. For in this darkness there shines and is born an incomprehensible light which is the Son of God, in whom one contemplates eternal life. And in this light one becomes seeing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bl. John of Ruysbroeck knew what was up. Last part of that quote is Rite of I from the DBoE in a nutshell.

Strange to think that for all the work done by modern mystics, even people like Chumbley with the DBoE, they're still covering ground that people like Bl. John had laid out by 1340. And it was old even THEN.
>>
>>17453360
Pretty much. Are you all NEETs or what?
>>
>>17453399
Nah, I do clinical hypnosis (which takes quite some time) and am involved in an MSP startup, which requires my attention in business hours (and beyond), and I have a cute obsessive gf who requires attention. Plus all your regular shit.

In short: manage your time better.
>>
>>17453405
How do you even stay interested in this for more than a year? Doesn't it get boring?
>>
>>17453415
Nah. I've been doing this for well over a decade, and it always gets more interesting. I ended up working myself into hypnosis and neurosci, which account for all the non-supernatural effects of ritual and meditation.

That said, it is important to note that I was majorly depressed for most of that time, along with existential issues stemming from a harsh childhood. So that might well account for what I've been doing for that time, but it still has had a profound positive impact in my life.
>>
>>17453433
I tried this whole occult thing for like a year and I got bored of it. Lost interest.

Which is fucked because I was REALLY into it at the time. But over time it just got bland and boring. Plus I had to focus on other stuff. I wish I could rekindle that passion I once had.
>>
>>17451841
There is a camp that doesn't use the compel and threaten method that will negotiate pacts. This usually involves altar space, an icon, and some food, candle, drink offerings. Although they usually start off asking for animal sacrifice. but can be negotiated to just some meat. And it works out quite well despite the massive freak out that it causes among the purist crowd.
>>
>>17451827
thanks for the library!

does it have any peter grey, non stratton-kent stratton-kentish history, or traditional witchcraft texts you'd recommend?

>>17453354
people tend to overestimate what they can accomplish in a set period during a day, but underestimate what they can accomplish by setting aside a set period each day over a longer stretch of time. Set aside an hour a day and you'll be surprised at what you've accomplished in a year.

>>17451841
some folk leave them offerings as a gesture of friendship or alliance, i don't know of anyone who worships them but it's a big world
>>
>>17453548
I don't mean accomplishments and such. I mean the passion I had for it just burned out.
>>
>>17453572
shit, i don't know. it's probably no different tha how most people who try to take up a language or instrument quit before they get any good.
>>
>>17453445
Find something new in it then.
>>
Is the Goetia originally an Islamic grimoire?

I ask this because there are exactly 72 demons (jinn); and in the Quran, surah 72 is called The Jinn.
>>
>>17454459
You never answered this fuggboi:

Do you ever fret over the lack of appropriate electronic format for productive discussion?

I hope you catch my drift without me writing an essay.

Lebbit, 5chin, forums, usenet, social media, etc all have serious downsides

Given your perseverance in posting this threads I thought I'd ask
>>
File: 9HkENHE.jpg (57 KB, 671x673) Image search: [Google]
9HkENHE.jpg
57 KB, 671x673
>>17454584
It's a two edged sword:
Here you get lower discourse.
Elsewhere you get oversensitive faggots white knighting the groups I pirate.
>>
>>17453633
I always found it amusing that islam paradise promises exactly 72 virgins
>>
>>17454598
I realize as much. I figured you'd have thought more about it.

It seems to me there are many unexplored designs that could have different pros/cons
>>
>>17454673
Sure but I doubt we could get the sort of personal outreach I get here.

And I have thought about it, long and hard (huehue), but those thoughts won't mean much unless I'm designing or advertising a given interface.
>>
>>17454682
Proof of concept.

Would you post those thoughts here for a reel nigga who's interested himself?
>>
do honey jar spells work? i dont have their hair or skin, i only have a postcard from them

how long does it take to work?
>>
File: Active Dreaming.jpg (30 KB, 220x312) Image search: [Google]
Active Dreaming.jpg
30 KB, 220x312
looking for this book
>>
>>17454690
I guess my thoughts mostly boil down to:
>Gated communities like various private A.'.A.'. pylons of contact are fuckin' useless for outreach or, in most cases, hosting
>Forums, be they here or elsewhere, are fuckin' useless for serious archiving with any okkvlt group should at least have a handle on
>Groups like TO.bz are destined to fail or falter (not unlike the OTO), because you cannot implement Freemasonic styled rules meant to govern a body of hundreds of thousands/millions and apply it to a community of under 5k users, it literally creates reasons for abuse of bylaws just by structure
My first step in building a community would be to find physical hosting in an obscure Atlantic island that would kek at attempted DMCA notices.
>>
>>17454719
K I suppose that's slightly helpful but I was hoping for a general non-occult-related answer.

What properties would a digital design have to have to promote productive discussion or at least prevent the current problems?
>>
>>17454745
There's a sort of intersectionality I think that only dumb luck can account for. This place would be near perfect if coupled with a coherent file hosting service and with more serious posters. Gated communities keep out the trash but tend toward censorship particularly when moderators start to aggregate and present their schools above others.

I feel like something akin to a diaspora pod would be more or less ideal, something using registrations but with a front end option of total anonymity.

The next issue then becomes shaking the community out of their normative hidey holes; I don't even think large chunks would be interested in my project to rip down the veil on multiple 'secret' traditions.

Then you've got these weird idpol sort of alt-right faggots who think everyone but themselves is subhuman and like hates the idea of occult orgs but wants to replace them with "guild" with dues and bylaws and leadership, etc., which is the same thing as what they profess to hate just with a different name and themselves in charge.

The last time we floated the idea of updating the AA curriculum the idea of the student exam was incredibly contentious. I'm in favor, and as a potential steward of that project it'll help me not waste my time with people unfit for my instruction, the Work in general, or both.
>>
>>17454697
please respond
>>
>>17454793
I have no idea what the fuck a honey jar spell even is.
>>
>>17454796
basically a "dont karmaically fuck me over" love spell

have you ever done a love spell?
>>
File: 1441915378709.png (319 KB, 1280x1804) Image search: [Google]
1441915378709.png
319 KB, 1280x1804
>>17454796
>honey jar spell
>>17454793
This?
http://www.queenofpentaclesconjure.com/article_honeyjarspells.html

Looks like garbage. Love spells are bad and you should feel bad.
>>
File: 1447156281730.jpg (18 KB, 261x253) Image search: [Google]
1447156281730.jpg
18 KB, 261x253
Hey, GD guy, I'll be re-starting notes on DBoE through the next ten or so days. I plan on getting out through KU, at minimum, if not TAN just to stay ahead of the curve. I'll start with the BHA section because we've come a long fuckin' way in understanding who/what these fuckers are.
>>
>>17454772
>>17454844
Your digital futurology game disappoints me but your meme game impresses me
>>
>>17454804
what if I want a spell so I could be the little girl, what do I do for that?
>>
Friendly reminder that summoning a demon is always a bad thing. Goetia/Demonology is more about identification and mastery of what is already present.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456502251897.jpg (19 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456502251897.jpg
19 KB, 360x360
>>17454953
>>
>>17454854
How about you tip your hand, Kurzweil?

>also, implying futurology ain't memeology.

>>17454877
Evoke a transition surgeon. Your psychiatrist should have all the proper forms.

>>17454953
>goetia
>demons
kek
>>
File: Behind7Sketons.jpg (107 KB, 1424x842) Image search: [Google]
Behind7Sketons.jpg
107 KB, 1424x842
Quick question: Does any of this stuff work/have any perceptible effects?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>17454953
After trying to figure out what is the bare needed things to work goetia on here it's just not worth the confusion and stupidity. One person says it's the full Monty with lion skin. Another says you just need paper and some spit. Another says you need to get virgin blood and a toenail of your great grandfather's.

Between the blinds in the goetia and the pure cost involved to follow it, and the people adding or picking and choosing parts, it's impossible to figure out.

So don't not do it because of what you said. Just don't do it because it's fucking impossible. Especially for a grown adult with a real job. Goes for all of "magick"
>>
>>17455008
Only in your head. It's all self delusion. Especially the "greater work" magick.
>>
>>17454992
>thinks I said demons
Double kek
>>
>>17455008
Yes.

>>17455015
Quit yer bitchin' and try it. If you can't find 30-60 mins. to evoke, it's because you don't want to.
>>
File: sure.gif (930 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
sure.gif
930 KB, 245x285
>>17455026
>Goetia/Demonology
>slash implying an "and/or" relationship, implying a link or interchangable quality however tenuous.

>>17455020
>mfw LMD says it's all in your head
>>
>>17455020
That's a shame. Although, I suppose if 'popular' stuff like this actually worked news of it would have spread all over the world the instant it was discovered by the public.
>>
>>17455015
Have you ever considered that it is filled with bullshit because it requires a certain level of knowledge and skill/experience? What good is it if you can't identify the entities and don't know what to do about them?

I did not say don't do it.
>>
>>17455030
>Yes
What tangible/perceptible effects have you produced?
>>
>>17455047
Slash implies a relationship between ideas, not specifically "and or", but simply a commonality that allows them to be connected in context.

lrn 2 postmodern boi
>>
>>17455063
Evokation to visible manifestation, though it's taxing and irregular, though lately (nine months or so), I've had a rash of minor poltergeist-like activity.

Used to be much more 'wild' when I was younger, that's a common refrain I hear in the community, that the eye popping results tend to be reserved for the kids and old-timers.
>>
>>17454992
I do have some constructive ideas but I'll keep those up my sleeve. I can tell you my approach for thinking about it. It's nothing non-obvious.

The two main factors are identity and how posts are organized.

For identity you have nymity, anonymity, or pseudonymity. And for each of those there can be further identifying information (post count, 'karma', e-peen points, etc)

For post organization you have algorithmic ordering, user input (up/down voting, etc), and time ordering.

There are other factors but those are the primary two broad categories that need to be considered to improve upon lebbit and 5chin.

After clarifying the above in more detail I would try exhaustively listing the pros/cons of different fora and plotting them on post organization and identity.

The rest is just trying to design something with the right identity model and post organization that maximizes the pros you want and minimizes the cons.

Another way to think about this is to imagine adding a feature to an already existing forum. How would Facebook change with a dislike button? How would 5chin change with upvotes? Etc
>>
>>17455079
Overdid the enter button. Whatever.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-10-23-25-53.png (129 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-10-23-25-53.png
129 KB, 480x800
Hey there, wanted to know if someone can help me decode what Danzig's sigil means.....any help is appreciated.
>>
File: simurgh.jpg (123 KB, 511x774) Image search: [Google]
simurgh.jpg
123 KB, 511x774
>>17455072
>postmodern
>not meta-meta-post-meta-(post)modern
SUCC
>>
>>17455079
>The two main factors are identity and how posts are organized.
I at least went that far.

>And for each of those there can be further identifying information (post count, 'karma', e-peen points, etc)
Cancer.

>For post organization you have algorithmic ordering, user input (up/down voting, etc), and time ordering.
I like the log but however will we get a community HUEG enough for that to be desirable?

>After clarifying the above in more detail I would try exhaustively listing the pros/cons of different fora and plotting them on post organization and identity.
Yeah, I'm taking org theory - but I'm also not getting paid to implement a startup so I'm not exactly bristling to devise an instrument to compare sites.
>>
>>17455078
> tend to be reserved for the kids and old-timers.

You mean the soft and impressionable? Why the older societies had better success, the playground was more controlled. Nobody fucked themselves playing with things they shouldn't.
>>
>>17455103
?
>old societies
Which ones and how old?

>better success
At what, and how is it measured?

>the playground was more controlled
The actual Mysteries have perfectly adequate Guardians.
>>
>>17455101
>Cancer.
I'm not so sure about that. It does appear to cause cancer when there's a name associated with the information. If your anonymous 4chan post got 'upvoted', for example, would the pandering to the groupthink still occur to the same degree? I'm not so sure.

>I like the log but however will we get a community HUEG enough for that to be desirable?
I'm not so interested in the practical question of implementation atm. I'm interested in just the theory. Of course it would need to be empirically tested anyway etc
>>
>>17455101
>Yeah, I'm taking org theory - but I'm also not getting paid to implement a startup so I'm not exactly bristling to devise an instrument to compare sites.
Neat, btw. I'm a math student. I'm just dissatisfied with every forum.
>>
>>17455139
>math student
I've only encountered one other occulty math major in the wild, and he was a Buddhafag too.
>>
>>17455147
(^:
>>
File: 1446232616343.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1446232616343.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>17455139
>>17455147
Actually I'm going to count you as a regular when one of the "physics graduates" comes in to shitpost about supposed lack of education in these threads :^)
>>
File: 1440175869240.jpg (59 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1440175869240.jpg
59 KB, 566x480
>>17455159
Will represent
>>
>>17455120
>Which ones and how old?
Meh, I would say that right before the French Revolution was the last real period where they blossomed, post World War 2 the trauma created a bunch, but they did not have anything in place to really pass it on, it was a period of the old master and a handful of less than successor worthy pupils relationship.

>how is it measured?
Number and level of attainment.

>The actual Mysteries have perfectly adequate Guardians.

The playground is precisely a recreation of the mysteries, but in a closely observed and controlled environment. The problem stems from the number of people that need to be produced to meet demand. It breaks too many people, and takes too long. Most anybody can make it by the time they are 40 or so, if they start early enough,are dedicated and get a few pushes in the right direction, but depending on how the trial hit them, they then barely have enough time to fix the damage they did publicly with their own mistakes, let alone train a successor.

>?

The experience you are describing is bad, so are experiences like the mystic rapture and the blinding inner light of illumination. All for different reasons, they indicate different problems, but they are all bad.
>>
>>17455187
>The experience you are describing is bad, so are experiences like the mystic rapture and the blinding inner light of illumination. All for different reasons, they indicate different problems, but they are all bad.
This is what I'm not getting. None of them are "bad", like, swat the dog on the snoot with a rolled up newspaper bad, just dangerous and in need of proper contextualization from proper instruction. They don't indicate problems near as much as they indicate areas that need isolated, extracted, and purified.

Hence grade structures since before the Rosicrucians ( before the Jacobins and their 'bloody' revolution) down to the modern era.
>>
>>17451841
Demonolatry?
>>
>Chaos Magick is just all psych ideas

Pls stop.

What are your feelings about psychedelic drugs and magick practice? Such as shrooms and cacti.
>>
>>17454844
Amazing, looking forward to it!

Started my own notes based on going through the Chumbley waffle with a finer tooth comb than I had before. Just vague notes atm, but they're just on Google docs, so I'll share them on when they're a bit better, see what you think.

Startes one the SA spells last night, they're refreshingly short compared to HU
>>
>>17455293
I still haven't started SA yet because I fucking fell asleep in the mid afternoon, all this rain has the people in the dept. sick and I think they passed it to me, my plan is to hit it shortly before sunrise.
>>
>>17455210
>swat the dog on the snoot with a rolled up newspaper bad
It is exactly like this. Why wouldn't a higher being communicating with us be the similar? The Old Testament God is not Set or a violent monster.

You lift the ladies veil, she swats you back down to earth. You travel too far in the heavens, and you get burned alive.
You can't control your heart and body before you make contact with God, you get washed away.
You invite more down than you can handle, and the wind picks you up and won't let you down.

You trample on the ineffable without the proper preparation and permission, you get rekt.

>They don't indicate problems near as much as they indicate areas that need isolated, extracted, and purified.

This is still true though.

>Hence grade structures since before the Rosicrucians ( before the Jacobins and their 'bloody' revolution) down to the modern era.

Ahem, when did grade structures stop being effective again? Not to say that anyone abandoned them, but the old grade structures, which are one way of providing the control I talked about, are designed for a different environment and have a much more noble goal. It quickly, too quickly, became a numbers game, for civilizations sake, and had to effectively get as many people as possible to the level of awake human.

The old system was essentially part of the problem, it led to some crucial mistakes, like the French Monarchy bringing in the Aristocrats, that accelerated things and caused the fire to burn out of control. If the church had not accepted the situation, and let the Jesuits and Dominicans pull the trigger and hand over their complementary methods to groups like the Illuminati and the Jacobin, the whole civilization thing would have burned to the ground again.
>>
>>17455339
> you get rekt
Getting rekt is an initiation all its own
>>
I have a question for the experienced magicians of the thread.
I do not intend for this to start a socio-political conversation, so detractors and SJW can fuck off, were talking about magic not politics.

I am transgender and have been practicing magic on my own for a number of years in self-initiatory ways, but I am really feeling an interest in getting involved in some kind of group practice.

The question is whether the magicians in this thread are aware of a current consensus in the mystery orders as to a trans-persons position?

I understand the difficulty with that "condition" and masculine/feminine roles and their usage in ritual. It has been a struggle for me at times adapting some of these things to have personal meaning but I feel I have succeeded.

Any input or thought on the matter, I would appreciate hearing it.
>>
>>17455366
>consensus in the mystery orders
I doubt there is such a thing, regardless of the topic at hand.
>>
>>17455370
mostly this

>>17455366
So long as you're getting treatment regularly I see no reason why you couldn't pursue your interest.
>>
>>17455370
True enough, and as I suspected.

I suppose I was looking for a more specific: "this order has this specific problem working with transgender people" or "This order has no issues with transgender people" or whatever.

>>17455378
>So long as you're getting treatment regularly I see no reason why you couldn't pursue your interest.
What "treatment" are you referring to here? Are you talking about physical hormonal treatment or mental treatment or what? Im not sure I understand the significance of this as it relates to the subject.
>>
>>17455354
Sure, and within the old grade structures and the church, these people were usually properly handled, but that does not mean it is not a problem. Somebody like Luther gets rekted, and the virus, which the people are not properly immune to, spreads like wildfire. When the civilizational body manages to fight it off, with some help from the Church( Looking at you Alchemy) you have a few bodies from it, like the Puritans that are all the better for it, but you also have the wars it caused which rekt more people, like Descartes, who have their own disease, and because the seal is broken, this new disease spreads again. This happens over and over again, getting worse and worse each time. The means of control have gotten better as a natural result, but that is not a cure. The situation is getting more and more extreme, and the people of capably fighting it can no longer even remotely come close to the numbers and wisdom to fix it.

We'll hit a point soon, if the current working solution continues to exacerbate the problem, where the only option will be to force pseudo-enlightenment on everyone, creating a pseudo-god , effectively "killing" civilization like one might be killed in the magic process, or letting civilization work itself into a barbarous frenzy and enduring another dark ages before we start again, like the other side of the process.

Getting rekted has become an existential crisis for order itself. The method must evolve or a negative outcome is already decided.
>>
>>17455390
mental treatment, magic tends to drive people a little crazy even without other complications. If there are other untreated illnesses magic will send you farther off the deep end.
>>
>>17455409
A fiery apocalypse or society as a whole getting its collective shit together. You make me happy that I've spent so much time helping others get rekt.
>>
>>17455366
First off, magic and politics go hand in hand, always have and always will. Telling people who do not agree with your position to fuck off is not an acceptable stance. The masses may not have a developed reason for their dislike, but any sufficiently developed magician will.

Secondly
>I understand the difficulty with that "condition" and masculine/feminine roles and their usage in ritual. It has been a struggle for me at times adapting some of these things to have personal meaning but I feel I have succeeded.

Is going to be that reason. There are plenty of effeminate/cross dressing/ pansexual magicians, but given the nature of the magical organ, most will not accept your "condition" as more than a strange side-effect of awareness, Your body is one gender and your essence/soul is another, same as everyone else. That you have taken it to the place you have will be taken as some kind of imbalance.

There is no exact consensus, some would still take you. Particularly as part of a numbers game, because on a purely magical level, your success is limited.

Not liking it wont make it not true.
>>
>>17455426
>as a whole getting its collective shit together
Getting its shit together is an unduly optimistic way of looking at it. It is more like forced sterilization and an endless sleep.

>You make me happy that I've spent so much time helping others get rekt.

That you think this way makes me question your ability to actually rek anybody. Why do you think your drop in the bucket matters? Why would you be happy potentially doing others harm unless on some level you thought it served the good? You certainly sound like you got rekt, but any real malice so openly displayed would make you incapable of doing any real harm.
>>
>>17455421
I do see a therapist, but honestly, magic has in many ways helped me deal with my "condition" more than it has hurt it. Its made me understand gender and identity in ways, I probably arrogantly believe, most people do not understand it.

I do not see transgenderism as an "illness" in and of itself, the dangers of being in that condition in todays society carry a much larger threat than the condition itself. Those can cause a great number of problems. Magic has solved many of those problems on its own for me.

>>17455432
>any sufficiently developed magician will.
If you have a magic related discussion about transgenderism, Im more than happy to engage in it. I was talking about the more earthly politics which are unrelated to the subject matter of the thread.

>most will not accept your "condition" as more than a strange side-effect of awareness
Fair enough, I wont argue with their opinion. I feel that they may be missing a bigger piece of the puzzle and focusing too much on literal translation and not the spirit of the teachings. To each their own.

>Your body is one gender
My body has a sex. I have a gender. That gender is mutable, you know, magic.

>That you have taken it to the place you have will be taken as some kind of imbalance.
My will took me in the direction of aligning my physical body with my mental gender. Is magic not the very act of will manifested? I understand your position and how my specific status may disrupt certain magical teachings, but I think presuming it is an imbalance, is shortsighted at best.

>There is no exact consensus, some would still take you.
It's not a question of them taking me, it's me accepting them.

>Particularly as part of a numbers game,
Any order that would accept anyone based on this is not an organization I would take part in.

>Not liking it wont make it not true.
Not liking what?
>>
>>17455467
I'm loathe to weigh on on this, BUT....
Ignore this guy's response:>>17455432

He's speaking largely from the perspective of the 'high Western magick' that has, to some extent or another, still failed to stop dickriding the Nazarene.

>earthly politics
Most Orders give zero shits about what's in yer underoos or what you call it, provided you're not being a flaming fucking creepwad at a public event. Even then, the boundaries are...ill defined.

>I have a gender
Let me disabuse you of that idea right now. You have a BODY. Your CULTURE has a GENDER. If happenstance didn't have the Euro West at the top of the shitheap, this probably woulnd't even be a matter of theoretical discussion, as other cultures actually have words and places, sometimes mystically privileged places, for the biologically intersexed and the transgendered. North American Amerinds and some SE Asian pre-contact cultures come to mind.

>about me accepting them.
As said, most large orders are hungry for warm bodies, so that's a thing dude gets right - most dues paying groups give no fucks.

>not liking what
I think he's implying a lack of magickal ability on your end.

As a side question, were you in the fucking Vaishana thread asking this question? Fuck those people, for all their rambling about nonduality, they're sure fuckin' eager to reify class and biophysical divisions of being. I mean, the tantras also frown on buttsecks, but at least nobody's going to get in your face about it and you're perfectly welcome at most any public tantrik service.
>>
File: sigiltochargepublic.png (16 KB, 423x314) Image search: [Google]
sigiltochargepublic.png
16 KB, 423x314
>>
>>17455481
>Vaishana
Vaishnava, pardon.
>>
>>17455482
>sigiltochargepublic.png
No.
>>
>>17455488
I mean it's better than reading some faggot argue about transgenders like an insecure retard right?
>>
>>17455467
>My body has a sex. I have a gender. That gender is mutable, you know, magic.

On this level, the distinction is meaningless. Everyone is hermaphroditic. The flip of the coin that decides is immutable

>My will took me in the direction of aligning my physical body with my mental gender. Is magic not the very act of will manifested? I understand your position and how my specific status may disrupt certain magical teachings, but I think presuming it is an imbalance, is shortsighted at best.

You think it is shortsighted because of your will. Ask your self, have you never willed incorrectly?

>Fair enough, I wont argue with their opinion. I feel that they may be missing a bigger piece of the puzzle and focusing too much on literal translation and not the spirit of the teachings. To each their own.

This kind of subjectivist thinking is not a good position. They have their reasons, you have yours, only one of you is right. All magicians at some point have an encounter with their other half, and say to themselves " I wish I was that" or at least more like it. This impulse always manifests in change. The argument would be that you have let something else slip into the equation and it has pushed you to act on this in a material physical way. A few more would continue to question you along the lines of undoing a divine act of creation. Two signs of imbalance in two different places.

Now, actually defend yourself.
>>
>>17455481
Thank you Thoth I appreciate your opinion.

>Ignore this guy's response:
I took it into consideration but I think Im mostly in agreement with your assesment.

>flaming fucking creepwad at a public event
Tact and civility have little to do with gender.
I like to think I show some class.

>Let me disabuse you of that idea right now.
I was actually aware of most of this, I was trying to simplify my response because I was at word limit, but your statement here was helpful either way. Thank you for the effort in writing it out. I was just trying to seperate the idea of "gender" from "body" and even "culture" as succinctly as I could.

>most dues paying groups give no fucks.
And like I said, if they want my dues, its about me accepting them, not vice versa. Im an accomplished individual, I do not require their validation, if they require my dues, I need to accept them. Sadly though I will actively be avoiding any traditions in which dues are more important than practice. Id rather someone reject me on principle, than accept me on greed or coercion.

>I think he's implying a lack of magickal ability on your end.
I'm wounded, wait, no I'm over it now, good to go again. If questioning my magickal ability or lack thereof is his opening salvo he's going to need bigger guns. I face worse than that before lunch every day.

>were you in the fucking Vaishana thread asking this question?
It wasn't this is the first time Ive ever brought it up.

>they're sure fuckin' eager to reify class and biophysical divisions of being.
Well it's deeply entrenched, I do not begrudge anyone a misunderstanding or a difficulty accepting it. God knows it took me long enough to accept, and it's my own identity, I cant imagine its easier for someone else. Transgendered people cause a lot of issues for other people, simply by existing, I get that, Im long past being upset at them for it

(cont...)
>>
>>17455524
> the tantras also frown on buttsecks
to be fair, this is assuming I even have buttsecks.

I guess the point of me asking is not to condemn anyone for their beliefs about transgenderism, its place in the occult, its place in western high magick or anything else. It was more to ask "are there any modern active groups who's teachings are not hamstrung by something as simple as gender identity"

I think you answered my question fairly well, I was really hoping to hear from you, thank you for your time Thoth.
>>
>>17455481
Hey now, don't say to ignore me and then agree with me on multiple points.

>He's speaking largely from the perspective of the 'high Western magick' that has, to some extent or another, still failed to stop dickriding the Nazarene.

I'm not dickriding the Nazarene. I have no moral problem with transgenderism, I openly condoned cross dressing and pansexuality. What I do think is that any physical modification is a deformation resulting from the misplaced expression of a common impulse.

It has magical implications, which need to be accepted, because it is a personal choice this person is making to potentially limit their own magical prospects. If they accept this as a possibility, I do not need or wish to change their mind, magic can still be rewarding and fulfilling for them.
>>
>>17455507
>Everyone is hermaphroditic. The flip of the coin that decides is immutable
Wait, are we all hermaphroditic or are we all based on a coin flip? Im not sure Im understanding your argument here. If were all hermaphroditic, from where do you draw your ire towards gender nonbinary positions? If were all based on a coin flip and I should just accept the results of the coin flip, my response is "lol will wins, no."

>You think it is shortsighted because of your will.
I think it is shortsighted because you fail to recognize the potential in an individual who has more aggressively approached dualism in regards to their identity.

>have you never willed incorrectly?
Do I seriously need to quote AC on the subject of will in THIS thread?

>They have their reasons, you have yours, only one of you is right
Its my body, my mind, my will, my perception and my existence. But yeah, sure... maybe they're right I guess. I honestly cant tell if you're being serious anymore.

>All magicians at some point have an encounter with their other half, and say to themselves " I wish I was that" or at least more like it.
You seem to be under the impression that I encountered my anima and said "thats neat, let's undergo severe surgery to be more like that" Not only are you incorrect in this assumption, you are missing the point that having a gender, my journey is no different than any other occultist's in regards to how I see myself, my gender, and how any of those concepts apply to existence at large.

>undoing a divine act of creation.
I honestly don't know how to even respond to this comment. "are you serious?" comes to mind, but I think Ill just leave it at "my creation IS divine"

>Two signs of imbalance in two different places.
No... I was imbalanced before, through magic, awareness, self reflection and the exercising of my will, I brought myself closer to balance. The same as anyone else.

>defend yourself
From?
>>
>>17455530
>any physical modification is a deformation
you do not know the condition of my magical weapons chief... the part I find more interesting is:

>potentially limit their own magical prospects
and
Are you saying that whether or not I retained my "wand" effects my magical efficacy? If so, are you implying that women have less magical potential inherently based on their "elemental weapon"? Seriously?
>>
>>17455544
>>17455539
>>17455530
>>17455527
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>17455545
and that's the cue that the shitposting will begin. Ill drop the subject to show some respect to Thoth's thread by not allowing it to be derailed.

Thank you for your input Thoth.
>>
Newcomer question, where can I find info on the mega link about Finnish paganism if there is any?

thanks for the help lads

i've got a relevant story if you want to hear it
>>
File: Abraxas_11158.gif (7 KB, 349x374) Image search: [Google]
Abraxas_11158.gif
7 KB, 349x374
>>17455552
>talking about gay tranny shit on a paranormal board
>not shitposting
>>
>>17455559
>don't talk about gender or sex in a field of study which addresses both frequently, because reasons.
>>
>>17455539
>where do you draw your ire towards gender nonbinary positions?

What ire?

> has more aggressively approached dualism in regards to their identity.
>Wait, are we all hermaphroditic or are we all based on a coin flip? Im not sure Im understanding your argument here

I've fully embraced dualism, the answer is both, though I do not think the prime mover flips coins, or specifically assigns. All people are male and female, which half inhabits the body and faces outward, and which half faces inward and connects you to the transcendent is a 50/50 chance not within your control.

>Do I seriously need to quote AC on the subject of will in THIS thread?
>Its my body, my mind, my will, my perception and my existence. But yeah, sure... maybe they're right I guess

"Tahuti, or Thot, confirmed the Word of Dionysus by continuing it; for he showed how by the Mind it was possible to direct the Operations of the Will. By Criticism and by recorded Memory Man avoideth Error"

>my creation IS divine

Oh really? Are you sure?

>From?

Yourself apparently. You really did yourself no favors by responding to this. All you've done is shown how quickly even impartial criticism gets under your skin. You are a slave to yourself, don't flatter yourself by thinking you are willing anything. All your choices are predetermined.
>>
>>17455565
There are two genders. So pick one and move on retard.
>>
>>17455553
Not FINNISH, exactly, but I have a copy of Salomonic Magical Arts which is a translation of two Scandinavian (Swedish) Svartkonstböcker.

It's in the grimoires folder in the Temple mega.
>>
>>17455566
I said I was going to drop it, but in the interest of civility I'll address one point:

>You really did yourself no favors by responding to this.
Admittedly.
>how quickly even impartial criticism gets under your skin
Fair enough.
>You are a slave to yourself
Ill take that into consideration thank you for your opinion.

I think this thread has more than elucidated me on the answer to my question on the communities opinion on transgenderism. Thank you both for your time. Good luck in future workings.
>>
>>17455544
Understand that you are not demonstrating that you can approach this from a rational impartial position. I was making no comments on your magic before, but now I can see it, and it is weak.

>Are you saying that whether or not I retained my "wand" effects my magical efficacy?

Maybe, you were born with one

>If so, are you implying that women have less magical potential inherently based on their "elemental weapon"?

No, because a woman is balanced the other way

> Seriously?

My position, if you could look at this with a clear mind, is that it could potentially have a negative impact, it could potentially have a positive impact, or no impact at all as well. That is what potentially means. There is sufficient reason to consider and come to terms with the possibility of a negative impact, as that is the worst possible outcome. If you can't come to terms with it, your delusions are really no concern of mine.
>>
>>17455580
stop being intentionally dense or fuck off
>>
Are there resources on Bhuta Shuddi in the library?
>>
>>17455585
Huh? If anything I am cagey or opaque. All I did is give the classic pre-christian objections as I understand them. It was a perfectly magical discussion, more than appropriate for this thread.
>>
File: Picture 39.png (456 KB, 510x509) Image search: [Google]
Picture 39.png
456 KB, 510x509
>>17455576
thanks my man!
>>
>>17452108
If sigils are glorified self-hypnosis; how come that they have effects on reality outside your autonomy?

This theory assumes that the mind can change their environment via "attraction law".
>>
>>17455790
>how come that they have effects on reality outside your autonomy?

>Thus in the ritual quoted, if his glance fall upon the lights, their number suggests Mercury; he smells the perfumes, and again Mercury is brought to his mind. In other words, the whole magical apparatus and ritual is a complex system of mnemonics.

>[The importance of these lies principally in the fact that particular sets of images that the student may meet in his wanderings correspond to particular lineal figures, divine names, &c. and are controlled by them. As to the possibility of producing results external to the mind of the seer ("objective," in the ordinary common sense acceptation of the term) we are here silent.]

--Liber O vel Manus et Sagittae

In short: we have no fucking idea, but we can affirm it happens. We have suspicions and theories, and we have data to show that something weird is happening, however it's elusive and not consistently reproducible.
>>
>>17455801
>we have no fucking idea, but we can affirm it happens. We have suspicions and theories, and we have data to show that something weird is happening, however it's elusive and not consistently reproducible.

Thanks. I sorta realized this effect years ago and i was on this threads to see if there was any kind of consensus about what caused it.

Dont you feel that other kinds of magic are also autohypnosys? not just chaos magic and sigils, but any other kind of ritual (banishings, invocations, evocations -you just tell yourself there is somebody there, and then you see it- )
>>
>>17455807
Yes. As far as the internal changes in the operator goes, unquestioninngly. There is a bit that goes beyond that, involving drugs or consuming the elixir, but it is, for the most part, a system of mnemonic autohypnosis.
>>
>>17451827
Surgo, what is your opinion on this video? Do you agree?
https://youtu.be/CAetDRkTcxo
>>
>>17455936
I'll probably watch it later, as currently I am on a bus to Warsaw. Or I won't watch it at all. We'll see.
>>
>>17451827
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Don't mind me, just bumping the thread. I plan to watch and maybe say something, should the need arise.
>>
File: 1457567520021.gif (3 MB, 173x267) Image search: [Google]
1457567520021.gif
3 MB, 173x267
>>17455957
>Master of the Temple
>literally shitposting in the only decent thread on /x/

93 93/93
>>
File: 1456948164751.jpg (107 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
1456948164751.jpg
107 KB, 500x637
>>17455981
>2016
>not being within At-one-ment
>>
File: 1428544878816.jpg (90 KB, 414x472) Image search: [Google]
1428544878816.jpg
90 KB, 414x472
>>17455992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ADS-VUHSEM
>>
File: meme fitness.jpg (151 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
meme fitness.jpg
151 KB, 1600x900
>>17455999
^Check'd
>>
I have recently realized that all magical systems are different "languages" to develop the mind over matter concept, but I feel that by studying the occult this makes you focus too much on the means and too little on the ends. I think I'm gonna forfeit my studies and go back to simple meditation and just see what I can get from it; up to date it has rendered good results for me.
>>
ON MEDITATION:
any tips to avoid the "dark night of the soul" or the Kundalini awakeing on it's own?

Up to date i've always focused on my breath and got a lot of helpful discoveries about life and myself;
what can happen if i shift concentration on other things? Which are some good things to focus on? Which are some bad ideas to focus on?
>>
>>17451982

>snake oil

Kek. occult joke.

Yes, Awakening the pineal has got everything to do with snake oil. I'm not gonna say what it is cause that'll ruin it. Anyone else get it?
>>
>>17456200
>any tips to avoid the "dark night of the soul"

Not doing any practice would have that effect :^)

DKoS is a positive thing, just an unpleasant experience. Read St. John of the Cross, he gives a very thorough explanation of what it is, it's purpose, and why you need to go through it.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x750
>>17456513
what an excellent recommendation

i think it's nigh on unavoidable . . . but you will come out a new person.
>>
redpill me on suicide
>>
Then Pema Jungne thought to himself, 'The time has come for the Goddess Sarasvati to project an emanation so that I can spread the teaching of the Tantra.' Instantaneously, like the planet Mercury falling into the immensity of the sun, Pema Jungne returned to Orgyen, the seat of all his emanation. When it was discovered that the Master had disappeared, the ministers of Tibet whispered abroad that he had been punished, banished to a savage land, Turkhara; the King said that the Master had gone to Senge Dzong Sum in Bhutan, where he was sitting in meditation; and the common people said that he had reconciled the King and Queen and had returned to India.

Meanwhile, in reality, the Guru was coursing through hundreds of Buddhafields of the sphere of apparitional being, and he continued his travelling for the duration of seven human years. Finally, he gathered together Vajra Dakini, the Goddess Sarasvati, Tara Bhrikuti, the Dakinis of the Four Families, the Dakinis of the Power Places and many other Dakinis, and revelling with us all in pleasure, he exhorted us to ultimate pleasure with this song of pleasure:

HRI! Through the light-rays of the supreme outflow that is no outflow,
From the Guru's vajra, the pleasure of desireless desire,
Into the secret sky of the Dakini, the supreme desire of no desire,
Now is the time to enjoy the profound secret of pure pleasure.
>>
>>17456603
Then from the very centre of the assembled goddesses, I, the Goddess Sarasvati, arose and answered the Guru:

HO! Buddha Hero, Heruka, Pleasure God!
When you, great dancer, dance the nine dances of life,
The pure pleasure of the sacred lotus is everywhere discovered,
And in the vastness of the bhaga there is no anxiety;
It is time to project an emanation into the savage world.

'SAMAYA HO!' exclaimed the Guru. 'The bond is formed.'
'SAMAYASTVAM!' I replied. 'You are the bond!'
'SAMAYA HRI' exclaimed the Guru. 'The bond is all!'
'SAMAYA TISHTHA!' I replied. 'The bond is strong!'
'RAHO HAM!' exclaimed the Guru. 'Let the fire burn!'
'RAGAYAMI!' I concluded. 'We are burning together!'

Thus the Guru's vajra and the Dakini's lotus were joined, and we entered a trance of union. The Five Goddesses of the Five Buddha Families, Lochana and her sisters, gave us worship and adoration; their Heruka Consorts expelled malevolent spirits; the Bodhisattvas gave their benediction; the great Takritas defended us from all intruding obstructive influences; the Four Door Keepers kept the mystic circle intact; the Four Vajra Goddesses danced; and the Guardians of the Teaching, the Fierce Lords of the Ten Directions, and the Mamo Dakinis, vowed to defend the teaching. At the same time the great pleasure of we mystic partners caused the elements of the mundane worlds of the ten directions to tremble and quake repeatedly. It was then that from the junction of Guru and Dakini beams of light in the form of a red syllable A surrounded by a circle of white vowels, and the white syllable BAM surrounded by a circle of red consonants, shot like the flight of a shooting star towards Tibet, to Seulung in Drak.
>>
>>17456603
ah how little i care
>>
>>17456610
The Third Initiation

Obeying the Guru's instruction, sealing my body as a lighted butter-lamp, I applied myself to meditation until Awareness, the value of the initiation, had become strong. Initially, I was oppressed by anxiety, but later the sounds of the syllables in the focal points of the psychic nerves resonated spontaneously; I gained full awareness and perfect control of my vital breath and energy flows, and instinctive and immediate knowledge of how to employ them; I attained intuition of the meaning of seed-essence as mahamudra; and the potential of the warmth of transcendent delight was fully realised. Thereafter, the capricious movements of karmic energy subsided, the energy of Awareness injected into the medial nerve; and a few signs of mastery occurred.

However, the Guru enjoined me 'not to eat the barley until it was ripe', that my initiations were not yet complete. So with greater faith in Guru Rimpoche than the Buddha himself, I addressed him thus:

0 Venerable Orgyen Rimpoche,
Superior to the Buddhas past, present and future,
To myself and other mean and lowly beings
I beg you to grant the Supreme Initiation.

Then the Guru appeared as the mandala of the Red Heruka, and from the syllable HUNG in his heart extremely fierce beams of red light radiating and again concentrating in his mandala, he took up the Absolute Heruka in his hand like a spear, and he replied:
>>
>>17456614
RAM HAM!
Listen without distraction,
Dakini Tsogyelma, Queen Kuntuzangmo, listen attentively.
If you wish the seed to infuse your inner mandala,
Offer your mandala of mystic delight.
If you speak of this method your Samara is broken.

I, the girl Tsogyel, sank beneath mundane appearances, and having slipped into the nakedness of pure pleasure, I anointed my mandala of delight with the five sacred substances, and made further petition:

Buddha Hero of Pure Pleasure, do as you will.
Guru and Lord of Pure Pleasure,
With true energy and joy, I implore you to inject
The seed into the inner mandala.
And I will guard the secret of the method with my life.

Then with three fingers stirring the pollen dust of the lotus, I offered my mandala to the mandala of the Guru's Body with an intense snake-like dance. The mandala of dynamic space having gathered into itself the nature of the Great Pema Heruka himself by means of the hook of the lower member's focal point, the Absolute Heruka, his magnificent flaming vajra in a state of rapacity and violent abuse, his wrinkles uncreased, projecting his full emanation, took command of the lotus throne with a roar of scornful laughter that flooded appearances with glory, transmuting them into pure pleasure. Thus he revealed to me the Mandala of the Blazing Sun of Radiant Inner Space, conferring power upon me.
>>
>>17456621
In this mandala of mystic union, Skilful Means and Insight, in this radiant mandala of Pure Being and Light Seed - the Pure Being of the Sublime Pure Land of the Four Herukas, the masters of the four focal points, and the Light Seed that is the actuality of a hundred million seed syllables - I was conferred the initiation and empowerment of the four joys.

Out of the bliss-waves of the forehead centre of our union, in the sphere of intense experience of Awareness of joy, arose a white paradise divided into thirty-two lesser pure lands. In each of these pure lands was a white Heruka in mystic union with his Consort surrounded by hundreds of thousands, an incalculable number, of Herukas and their Consorts identical to the principal. In the centre of this vast mandala was the Master of all the Herukas, the principal Heruka and Consort into whose Awareness of joy I received initiation. Through this joy the passion of anger was purified, the body cleansed of all traces of habitual action and reaction patterns, insight was gained into the elements of the path of application, and I was enabled to act for the benefit of the seven worlds of the ten directions. At this level I was conferred the secret initiatory name, Tsogyel the White Goddess of Pure Pleasure (Dechen Karmo Tsogyel).
>>
>>17456630
Accordingly, in the throat centre was a yellow paradise divided into sixteen pure lands in each of which was a yellow Heruka in union with his Consort surrounded by hundreds of thousands of identical Herukas as in the forehead centre. In the middle of this mandala was the master of all the yellow Herukas, Ratna Vira and Consort, from whom I received initiation into all the infinite potentialities of superior joy. Thus the passion of desire was purified, all traces of action and reaction patterns were eradicated, and I gained insight into all the elements of the path of accumulation, obtaining the ability to assist the twenty worlds of the ten directions. Here, I received the secret name Tsogyel the Quality Increasing Yellow Goddess (Yonten Gyeje Sermo Tsogyel).

In the same way, in the blue-black paradise of the heart centre comprised of eight lesser pure lands were eight blue-black Herukas in union with their Consorts surrounded by innumerable likenesses as above. In the centre was the master of all the blue-black Herukas, the principal Heruka, Buddha Vira and Consort, who initiated me into the mahamudra of supreme joy. Thus all the seeds of passion inherent in the mind were eradicated, and I gained insight into the elements of the path of liberation and the ability to assist the twenty-six worlds of the ten directions. I was given the name, Liberating Samaya Tsogyel (Drolje Damtsik Tsogyel) at this time.
>>
>>17456634
Accordingly, in the red paradise of the gut centre, in the sixty-one lesser pure lands, were sixty-one Herukas in mystic union with their Consorts, surrounded by hundreds of thousands of identical forms, in the centre of which was the principal of them all, the Red Heruka and Consort, into whose Awareness of innate joy I received initiation. Thereby, all traces of emotional clinging and the action and reaction patterns of undifferentiated body, speech and mind were eradicated, and with insight into the elements of the path of utter purity I gained ability to benefit the infinite unbounded universe. Here, I received the secret name, Boundless Awareness Tsogyel (Taye Yeshe Tsogyel).

Then the Guru instructed me to practise in this manner: 'In the Ultimate Mandala of the Four Joys bestow upon yourself the four initiations and empowerments into the four levels of Awareness for seven days. Then visualise the ascent of "love" as Awareness.'

So maintaining unimpaired the progression of the four joys through the love-Awareness that is the value of this initiation, my experience intensified, increasing from height to height. If there is leakage of bodhichitta, the Buddha Unchanging Light is slain, and since there is no superior presence to whom such a crime can be acknowledged and thus atoned, such karma as that of the Avichi Hell results. Therefore, with the power of retraction, drawing up 'love' with the base energy of life-force, I held it in the pot of my belly, and maintaining the recollection of pleasure uncontaminated by lust, divesting myself of mindcreated samadhi yet not slipping into an instant of torpor, I experienced the ascent of Awareness.
>>
>>17456639
Binding recollection of the bodhichitta in the womb's lotus, all ignorance was purified, and suppressing the thousand and eighty movements of karmic energy at the first juncture the Awareness of the dual omniscience of quantity and quality became the path of seeing, and I attained the first degree of enlightenment and certain extra-sensory powers emerged. Then the bodhichitta was drawn up and bound in the secret energy centre and motivation and volition were purified, and inhibiting the energy flows of the second juncture I gained the second degree. Then binding the bodhichitta between the secret and the gut centres consciousness was purified, and blocking the energy flows of the third juncture I gained the third degree. In the same way, the bodhichitta bound at the gut centre, name and form were purified, and when the energy flows of the fourth juncture had been stopped I attained the fourth degree; and the mind capable of both samsara and nirvana, and Awareness and innate joy, purified, I accomplished the Buddha's essentiality of being. Binding the bodhichitta between the gut and the heart chakras the six sense-fields were purified, and the energies of the fifth juncture blocked I attained the fifth degree. Then binding the bodhichitta in the heart centre, purifying sensory contact, the energy flows of the sixth juncture were stopped and I reached the sixth degree; ordinary sleeping mind and special joy purified, I attained the goal of the Buddha's absolute, empty being. Between the heart and the throat centres the bodhichitta was bound and feeling was purified, and stopping the energy flows of the seventh juncture I reached the seventh degree. Then binding the bodhichitta in the throat centre purifying craving and clinging, the energy flows of the eighth juncture stopped I reached the eighth degree; dream and supreme joy purified, I reached the goal of the Buddha's being of consummate visionary enjoyment.
>>
>>17456644
Binding the bodhichitta between the throat and forehead centres sensual enthralment was purified, and inhibiting the energies of the ninth juncture I attained the ninth degree. Binding the bodhichitta in the forehead centre transmigratory existence was purified, and obstructing energy outflow at the tenth juncture I attained the tenth degree; when consciousness of the five sensory doors upon waking from sleep, the body's veins and nerves and Awareness of joy had been purified I reached the goal of the Buddha's stainless apparitional being. Then binding the bodhichitta between the forehead and the crown centres rebirth was purified, and the energy flows of the eleventh juncture contained I reached the eleventh degree. Then retracting and binding the bodhichitta at the crown centre the entire twelve interdependent elements of samsara, including old age and death, were purified, and stopping the twenty-one thousand energy flows of the twelfth juncture, lust, sleep, dream and waking - the four impure states of mind -were purified, and having purified the mind's psychic nerves, energy flows and seed-essence, together with the four joys, I reached the twelfth degree.

Thus I was endowed with the Buddha's Pure Being and all the qualities of Buddha: I was transformed into the Pure Being that functions to imbue all creatures of the infinite universe with the value and meaning of existence, and I gained the innate ability to understand and employ any of the qualities of Buddha at will.

Within six months I had attained the purpose of the three initiations, and my Guru instructed me further:
>>
File: vajraemission.jpg (31 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
vajraemission.jpg
31 KB, 400x500
>>17456649
Human woman and Dakini,
Maiden with perfectly matured body,
A fortunate body endowed with the ten and twice times
six conditions of ease.
An enduring and courageous body,
Great Mother of Wisdom, Sarasvati,
Sow-faced Dakini, Mistress of the Mysteries,
Now that the elixir of self and others has brewed,
And the door of the maturing mysteries has been opened to you,
0 Great Being, take a consort!

But I prepared a ganacakra offering with my body and possessions, and rendered it to Guru Rimpoche with this petition:

Venerable Lord of Orgyen, Skull-Garland Skill,
Stem of the Mysteries, Vajradhara,
Your vast generosity is beyond gratitude;
Whatsoever will give you joy
I swear to give you heedless of body or life.
Please grant me the final initiation,
The Word Empowerment of Dzokchen -
Let the Guru confer the Fourth today!

'The time is not ripe for you to practise the effortless method of Ati,' Guru Rimpoche replied. 'Persist in your practice on the path of the mahayana mysteries. Now, girl, without a consort, a partner of skilful means, there is no way that you can experience the mysteries of Tantra. It is rather like this: if a pot is unfired it will not bear usage; in an area without wood a fire will not burn; if there is no moisture to sustain growth it is useless to plant a seedling. So go to the Valley of Nepal where there is a sixteen-year-old youth with a mole on his right breast, who is an emanation of the Buddha Hero Hayagriva called Atsara Sale. He has wandered there from Serling in India. Find him, and make him your ally, and you will soon discover the realm of pure pleasure.'

So, having received my Guru's prophetic injunction, with a golden begging bowl and a pound of gold dust, I set out alone for the Valley of Nepal.
>>
Jesus fuck do you really expect people to read this nonsense?
>>
>>17456678
I've never liked you.

Then don't read it you occulted cuccadoodle
>>
>>17456771
I didn't.

What's the source anyway?
>>
>>17456777
Sky Dancer
The Secret Life and Songs of Lady Yeshe Tsogyel
Translation and Commentary by Keith Dowman

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Yeshe_Tsogyal
>>
>>17456787
Thank you my friend. You want get vodka together?
>>
you are a fucking faggot
>>
>>17456777
Also chek'd with mine eyes
>>
>>17456678
>678
>>17456777
>777
>>17456788
>88
Jesus fuck I am on fire.
>>
>>17456788
Stil h8 u
>>
>>17456797
VIII

Then the Lord paid homage with five mandalas1 to the Lady and said:

How, my dear, must your form be known by the yogi? How will the Lady be honored by the yogi?

Then the Lady said:

Wherever in the Three Worlds a womanly form is seen, that is said to be my form, whether she belong to a low family or not low.

Goddess, demoness, Yaksini, as well as Raksasi; Nagini, ghost maiden, Kinnari, and human female as well.

And so too are the females of Gandharvas, Hell Beings, Animals, and Pretas. Also there are the women of the four classes: Brahmans, Ksatriyas, Vaisyas, and Sudras. And, in detail, the castes are as follows:52

Writer, Rajput, scholar, tax-collector, trader, water-worker, prostitute, boat --woman, shoemaker;

Kulatrini, Hatrini, musician, sweeper, corpse worker, washerwoman, wine merchant, perfume maker, laborer;

Barber, dancer, bronze worker, goldsmith, fisherwoman, marriage arranger, potter, garland maker;

Saiva ascetic, conch-shell worker, cane splitter, Kemalini, cowherd, arrow wright, Kocini, stone artisan; architect, and hairdresser, encompassing all castes.

Mother, sister, wife, maternal aunt, niece, paternal aunt, mother-in-law; all other caste relations.

Vow-holding devotee, yogini, widow, and ascetic. All these and many more are women who have my form.

Each in her own form is resolute in benefitting all living beings. Whomever among them are encountered, they are honored by the yogis, kissing, embracing, and joining the Vajra and Lotus.

When those women are honored, they give Success instantly to those who desire the welfare of all beings. Therefore one should honor women.

Women are heaven; women are Dharma; and women are the highest penance. Women are Buddha; women are the Samgha; and women are the Perfection of Wisdom.

They are thought of with five different names according to their respective colors: The woman of blue color is renowned as Anger VajrX.
>>
>>17456875
The white-colored woman is said to be Delusion Vajri. The woman who is of yellow color is the goddess Calumny Vajri.

The woman who is of red color is renowned as Lust Vajri. The green colored woman is said to be Envy Vajri.

There is only one Lady, Wisdom, but she has five forms.

He should always worship Vajrayogini with flowers and incense, etc., with clothes, and pay homage to her with prose and poetry, with hands pressed together. He should look, touch, and remember, while acting in accordance with his words.

And, kissing and embracing, he should always worship Vajrayogini. If he is able, he should do it physically; if unable, with speech and mind.

By this man I am worshipped and satisfied, and to him I will give all Success. I am none other than the bodies of all women.

And there is no other way that I may be worshipped except by the worship of woman. When, by this devotion, I am satisfied regarding the Success of the practitioner, then everywhere, at all times, always will I be in sight of him.

Concentrating that she has my complete form, he should make love to his wife.

If he joins together the Vajra and the Lotus, I will give him Enlightenment.

Therefore, he who in all ways is active in devotion, even if he steals, kills a living being, utters false speech, destroys idols, etc., or consumes the things of others, belonging to the Samgha or to a Stupa, that yogi who is active in devotion will not be stained by sin,

And this is so if he should crush the louse in his clothes with his fingernail and even kill it. Acting that very way, the vow-holder would still be devoted to me.

He should have no fear of sin, and the miserable states of hell, etc., but as long as he has fear of the world, he will not gain power.1

For him there is no such thing as sin 37 or virtue. The ethical system of sin and virtue is to protect the minds of the worldly, since the mind is the measure of all things and all things last only a moment.
>>
>>17456879
Who goes to hell, and who proceeds to heaven?

One may die poisoned by one's own imaginings; yet, even without that poison, one proceeds to heaven and lower existences. Knowing that the world is that way, Nirvana is attained by wise men. Nirvana is the emptiness of a lamp after the wind.

When the body of a lamp is broken, it still burns. Likewise one does not obtain from death the title of Enlightenment. Therefore, giving up all things, the vow-holder should be devoted to me alone.

I will immediately confer upon him the Success of Candamaharosana, without any doubt.
>>
>>17456883
The above is the majority of Chapter 8 of the Candamaharosana Tantra as translated by Christopher Starr George

Keith Dowman did a translation of this section also. Comparing them is interesting:
http://keithdowman.net/vajralove/chandamaharoshana.html
>>
>>17456230
kundalini maybe¿
>>
Can someone tell me if this book:
http://www.bookdepository.com/The-Golden-Dawn-Israel-Regardie-John-Michael-Greer/9780738743998

Is the same as this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Golden-Dawn-System-Magic/dp/1935150804

I think the Complete one is just a ridiculous limited edition one. The other one is 6 years newer so I can only assume that would be the right one to get if they are just different versions of the same text.
>>
>>17456531
The Dark Night of Sense doesn't have too much effect personality-wise, in my experience. It's a fairly common experience, and I think it can happen multiple times until it takes effect.

It's the Dark Night of Spirit that delivers the major change, that's a much more horrific experience, judging by St. John's description.
>>
have you got the megaupload where it's basically a library for occultism?
>>
File: ned.gif (947 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
ned.gif
947 KB, 625x352
>>17457638
>>17451827
>>Temple of Solomon the King (occultism, esotericism, anthropology and religion resources):
>>
>>17451982

Kill yourself. Violently.
>>
I read somewhere about a ritual for shapeshifting, is such a thing possible or is it as ridiculous as it sounds?
>>
>>17457530
Yeah, they're just different editions of the same book.

>>17457662
Dozens of shamanic traditions have empowerments related to shapeshifting.
>>
>>17457670
interesting, where would be the best place to find information on shapeshifting and the like?
>>
>>17457711
"In Darkness and Secrecy" should be in my A.'.A.'.>Philosophy folder, other than that I don't think I have anything directly tied to anthropological rituals of shapeshifting.
>>
>>17457638

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

i got you family
>>
>>17457718
>>17457711
Actually I think there's a book that folder on shapeshifting and artforms too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pEv9MQNBvk
>>
>>17457530
and both are terrible and unhelpful
>>
>>17457748

How so?
>>
>>17457748
>>17457753
Terrible and unhelpful is a stretch, these are the actual grade papers, but the initiations are based on Crowley's published rewrites which lack temple directions (like how officer X moves around the temple), among other things.

If you wanna learn about GD it's fine but if you wanna reconstruct GD it's not fine.
>>
>>17457753
If you already know the GD ritual and material you may find something useful in there, as it a series of essays that expound upon the tradition. If you don't already know the ritual, myth, and jargon, than it won't be explained to you by that book.
>>
>>17457776
>>17457811

Alright, thanks guys
>>
How important is astrology in the occult? Is it even necessary?
>>
>>17457885
Well, define further. Newspaper horoscopes? Nah, that's not our bag. Actualy tracking stars and planets through the sky, and making evokations or invokations thereto? That's standard from Agrippa through today.

"Masonic Astrology and Stellar Theology" in my Freemasonry folder is a good basic intro to the subject. It's a republication by a paranoid Christfag outfit, but the reprint itself is legit, just ignore the preface and afterword.
>>
how does /x/ think one could practice enochian magic without all the proper tools? I don't have space for it all. The book I'm reading claims it's not essential to have exactly the same tablet, ring, etc, but does imply you actually need a proper table and space around it.

Also do you think it's really necessary to practice more "basic" magic first? I have a hard time getting into a lot of it; something about enochian magic really draws me in, though.
>>
>>17457653
What's up m8?
>>
>>17451827

I've been focused on strengthening the basics of energy manipulation to a high degree. I find that most magick really only works on variants of those basics, with the exception of ritual magick. With that being said, does there come a point where ritual becomes necessary to advance?
>>
>>17458736
>With that being said, does there come a point where ritual becomes necessary to advance?

Depending on context, yes. If all you ever want to do is do energy work and heal people with mediocre success rates, that's entirely fine.

If you want to move on in life and have a widely respected profession in something which you love, better move on.
>>
File: fC3rYoH.png (674 KB, 800x2637) Image search: [Google]
fC3rYoH.png
674 KB, 800x2637
What would be the magical equivalent of someone like the fictional character Constantine? There are no rituals in the book, just some symbol drawings and quick thinking.

Is there ANY kind of useful magic that is not based in ritual?

Bump.
>>
>>17457913
No you need that stupid fucking table, a special fucking egg, super complicated symbols and bullshit numbers all written down and golden shit and baths and robes and all that other horseshit to do what is widely known as an incomplete bag of overly complicated mess from some wack job and a guy who liked encrypting every fucking thing in the world.

Not worth the time, energy, or money. Same goes for goetia or any other stupidity. At least the thelemashill rituals usually only require a finger or some dumbass thing like that.
>>
>>17459173
All magic is based in ritual, but ritual doesn't necessarily mean eyes wide shut shit, it can be as simple as breathing

>>17459186
pity your complaints are based in being and edgelord, and not based on experience or study.
>>
Shit teenage role play thread.
>>
>>17459173
I have this cosmology theory for you guys, at one point several fiction writers have seen john constantine in front of them, what if that proves there is a infinite amount of universes? that means all cosmology theories are true in different universes, hell even fiction exists if that is true.
>>
>>17459390
Much easier explanation: it is a common joke or simple hallucination.
>>
>>17459411
true but scientists still think if there is something that can be explained with math than it exists out there. so most fiction would in fact exist in parallel universes.
>>
>>17459422
I don't think scientists believe that actually. Do you have a poll or two to support that assertion?
>>
>>17459428
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_universe_hypothesis there is some criticism but it is still interesting
>>
>>17459230
Thanks for participating.

Wanna talk about any one of the hundreds upon hundreds of academic uni press publications or religious source material?
>>
I get teenagers doing this stuff, but grown men? Pathetic.
>>
File: 1457705788614.jpg (25 KB, 343x340) Image search: [Google]
1457705788614.jpg
25 KB, 343x340
>>17459552
?
These threads have:
>a trained engineer
>a math major
>a trained hypnotherapist
>a trained archaeologist, soon to be administrator

Dunno what GD does irl, haven't asked, though I hear him talk about uni and work. I'm not quite sure what's 'pathetic' about adults engaging in serious academic and reconstructive/historical research into esoterica, mysticism, and the occult.
>>
>>17459224
ritual
ˈrJtʃʊəl/Submit
noun
noun: ritual; plural noun: rituals
a religious or solemn ceremony consisting of a series of actions performed according to a prescribed order.
"ancient fertility rituals"
a prescribed order for performing a ritual ceremony, especially one characteristic of a particular religion or Church.
"she likes the High Church ritual"
synonyms: ceremony, rite, ceremonial, observance; More
a series of actions or type of behaviour regularly and invariably followed by someone.
"her visits to Joy became a ritual"
adjective
adjective: ritual
relating to or done as a religious or solemn rite.
"ritual burial"
(of an action) arising from convention or habit.
"the players gathered for the ritual pre-match huddle"

>i.e. you're wrong

>>17459432
Too many assumptions for my liking. It's a model, and certainly workable, however I don't think it's very viable towards anything practical.

>>17459562
I think it's mostly because he speaks from a position of ignorance, without having the will to entertain that one can actually study these traditions and phenomena from an anthropological perspective, rather than just magical thinking.
>>
>>17459562
You and I will never change the minds of idiots, so it's almost futile to try.

Linguist here, for whatever reason. It's not done me a lick of good yet. Feels bad.
>>
>>17459606
Got a minor in ling, but mostly centered around semantics and semiotics. There's relatively little in the field to offer other than jumpstarts on reading original texts and fun with religious conlangs.

Fwiw, I'm not even here to change minds, just wanna present material.
>>
>>17459606
>Linguist
>It's not done me a lick of good yet

What?

Jesus fuck.

Consider this: http://hypnox.pl/conversational-hypnosis/
>>
Hey guys, I hate to bother you, but I'm running off no sleep and need energy, anything I can do to gain enough energy for a few hours?
>>
>>17459656
Coffee/ amphetamines/ energy drinks.
>>
>>17459656
Without prior training? Shit. My best advice is coffee and adrafinil. Doing Resh gets my ass in gear if I'm flagging behind but it's really only a stopgap until I can grab a meal or whatever the issue is.

Lately I've been giving in to the seduction of power naps and biphasic sleep, but my schedule's too fuckweird for it to be sustainable.
>>
>>17453445
I lost interest because i lost some friends

I'm in the military and work was always slow, and somehow I got placed with a few very good people that were in my life at the perfect time. We would come into work everyday and discuss ideas, movies, books religion philosophy whatever you name it. Watched youtube videos and listened to music to decipher the meaning. They were extremely knowledgeable on religion and history, then I slid in and showed them the occult side to things.

We did this for about 2 years and then I had to go to another base and everyone here is fucktarded and only cares about getting blackout drunk and knows nothing about anything.

So i lost interest because its not a part of my daily life anymore sadly. I think I might have to join freemasonry or something just to find some like minded individuals. I'm not even claming to be superior or smarter but I dont fit in with these people here compared to what I had at my last base.
>>
File: Shark embryo.jpg (1 MB, 1536x1533) Image search: [Google]
Shark embryo.jpg
1 MB, 1536x1533
>mfw I read "history" which doesn't mention giants
>>
>>17460351
Do you know of a uniquely Western form of bodywork that works with 'subtle energy', the breath, etc? Like, hatha yoga, Tibetan yantra yoga, taichi, etc. Besides Reichian therapy and its derivatives

It seems remarkable to me that the West shouldn't have one of its own
>>
>>17460366
Chinese rites come from Europe anyway
>>
>>17460366
Closest is Mandean/Coptic/some middle Hebrew notions of """mantra""" having to do with vibrating letters which were tied to body parts or internal psychic states.

In the Gnostic folder there's a thing about the Mandean alphabet, goes into detail.
>The Alphabet in Mandean and Jewish Gnosticism.
>>
>>17460381
Thanks but I refuse to believe that's it. The Greeks must have had something
>>
>>17460394
Gonna post my findings as I'm researching this obsessively.

So they were into massage based on their energetic theories of medicine:
http://www.greekmedicine.net/therapies/Massage_and_Bodywork.html

Also, apparently the Neo-Platonist Plotinus had yoga-like visualizations,
https://yogainternational.com/article/view/did-the-ancient-greeks-and-romans-practice-yoga

Which I sorta knew from going into a rabbithole about Western spirituality.

I just remembered that the West did have a notion of kundalini. So I'm gonna pull up The Shape of Ancient Thought by McEvilley and see if I can follow that to find some bodywork
>>
>>17460394
>>17460422
While that's a thing, I think the real heavy lifting was achieved via dialectic, as per the Buddhist debate traditions. Plato rambles about the spiritual benefits of this at fucking length late in Republic.

I feel most any contemplative practice can be akin to yoga, hence why Kaplan wrote "Jewish Meditation". That said, Neoplatonic contemplative methods are certainly not to be dismissed, we just have less info.
>>
>>17460428
Yes. That whole dialectic as a spiritual method was elaborated at length by Pierre Grimes and is now being taught by Alan Chapman. In Pierre's book he compares it with other dialectics: Hegel, Nagarjuna, etc.

But I'm not satisfied still. I'm looking for a system that really works with the body thoroughly.

Plato proceeds to describe the physiology of sex (Tim. 73b ff., 91a ff.). Soul power, he says, resides in a moist substance whose true home is in the brain, the seat of the higher soul. The brain is connected, however, with the penis, and, along the way, with the heart, by a channel which passes through the center of the spine and connects with the urethra. Under the stimulus of false eros the soul fluid in the brain is drawn down the spinal passage and ejaculated from the penis in the form of semen, which is able to produce new living creatures precisely because it is soul-stuff. It may be inferred, though Plato does not speak directly to this point, that the practice of philosophy (which requires celibacy except for begetting children) involves keeping the soul-stuff located in the brain, that is, preventing it from flowing downward through the spinal channel. This inference is implicit in the Platonic doctrine, which holds that the philosopher gets beyond false eros to the true celestial eros. Since the false eros draws the seminal fluid down the spinal channel, the transcendence of false eros must end this downward flowing.
>>
>>17460475
What will be obvious at once (though it does not seem to have been previously remarked on in scholarly literature)1 is that this description of Plato’s doctrine in theTimaeus also applies to the Hindu doctrine of the kun.d.alinı-. In the Hindu version, too, the natural or proper place of the kun.d.alinı-, or soul-power, is at the very top of the brain; when it is in this position, the yogin is in the state of union with the divine (as Plato said of the philosopher). As in Plato’s version, however, the kun.d.alinı- power is especially embodied in semen, and in an unpurified person descends in semen from the brain to the penis through the spinal channel. Expressing itself now not as divine union, but as the drive to sexual union, it is expended through the penis during ejaculation. Various practices are recommended for forcing the semen upward through the spinal channel until it resides in the brain again,2 where its life-giving force can express itself through giving spiritual life rather than physical.3 There are seven seats, or cakras, which the kun.d.alinı- may occupy along the way down or up: that at the base of the spine, that at the top of the brain, and five in between, of which Plato mentioned only two, the throat and heart.
>>
>>17459599
lrn2english
Full Definition of ritual
: of or relating to rites or a ritual : ceremonial <a ritual dance>
: according to religious law <ritual purity>
: done in accordance with social custom or normal protocol <ritual handshakes> <ritual background checks>
>>
>>17460481
Fair enough. My point still stands.
>>
>>17452105
>>17452108
ur mum is snake oil
>>
>>17460561
I pumped my thick creamy snake oil into ur mum's throatpussy last night, m8.
>>
>>17460493
no it doesn't your point was that I was using the wrong definition of the word I wasn't you just don't speak english
>>
File: toc.png (163 KB, 1170x877) Image search: [Google]
toc.png
163 KB, 1170x877
>>17460566
Somehow I ended up here in my discursion.
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=fc294c530914af9151e1413bbcdde0d9

Goes into Sahajiya Buddhism (of which the Hevajra Tantra is an expression), the Naths, etc.

Would recommend you add it to the mega, pic related
>>
>>17460585
Sure thing.
>>
>>17460575
I.e. you're retarded. Let me show you why:

>Full Definition of ritual
(which is incidentally shorter than the one I provided)
>1: of or relating to rites or a ritual : ceremonial <a ritual dance>

I.e. ritual is what ritual is. Nihil novi.

>2: according to religious law <ritual purity>

Which relates to religion, which describes a particular sequence of actions or states that are to be achieved.

>3: done in accordance with social custom or normal protocol <ritual handshakes> <ritual background checks>

I.e. done according to a commonly accepted sequence of actions.

In short: you're the one who doesn't even understand the language they're using. Shit, English is my third language, and I manage just fine. Makes me wonder how shitters like you even get past primary school.

>>17460585
Nice find.
>>
>>17460601
Thx
>>17460605
stil h8 u
>>
>>17460605
>I do it differently every time because I'm that special of snowflake LOOK WHAT I CAN DO
Thank you steward

>3: done in accordance with social custom or normal protocol
If you learned what you learned from a book, you fall into this definition
If you do your thing in basically the same way ever time you fall into this definition

unless you're claiming that you do different things and get the same result every time
>lrn2 causality
you use ritual you dense fuck
>>
File: 1298448736477.jpg (51 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1298448736477.jpg
51 KB, 720x540
...Can maybe

someone in this thread

make a sigil to heal me?

I've tried several and while sigils have worked for me for other things in the past, I just can't get one to fix this thing in particular.
I just don't want to be unhealthy anymore, mang
>>
Here is a book I think if worth to be in the library:

Ghosts : life and death in North India. Anthropological papers of the AMNH ; no. 72
Freed, Ruth S.; Freed, Stanley A.

This monograph is the ninth of a series devoted to the description and analysis of life in Shanti Nagar, a village in the Union Territory of Delhi. Our research is based on holistic fieldwork carried out in 1957-59 and 1977-1978. Previous monographs, all published in the Anthropological Papers of the American Museum of Natural History, have dealt with social organization, economics, rites of passage, fertility and sterilization, elections, sickness and health, enculturation and education, and ghosts in the context of a woman's psychomedical case history. The present monograph places ghost illness, ghost possession, and poltergeist attacks in an historical, psychological, ecological, medical, ideological, and holistic ethnographic context. A descriptive and comparative case-study method is central to the analysis. Among the ghost-related topics that are covered are beliefs; causes; gender, age and caste distribution; sectarian differences (the Arya Samaj vs. Sanatan Dharma); and the recruitment, training, and methods of exorcists and curers.

http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/handle/2246/257

The server is a bit slow, and it should take about 15 minutes to download (no, download accelerators won't get it faster).
I uploaded a copy to [ https://a.pomf.cat/ilfthc.pdf ], which might download quicker, or not.
>>
>>17460629
>If you learned what you learned from a book, you fall into this definition
>If you do your thing in basically the same way ever time you fall into this definition

Wrong. The whole issue of it is that it has to be formalized. If you're just opening doors in the same way each time that's not ritual. That's habit.

>unless you're claiming that you do different things and get the same result every time

I do. I sometimes drink from a glass with my right hand instead of my left. Result is still the same.

>lrn2 causality

lrn2 basic communication skills

>you use ritual you dense fuck

Ritual isn't what you thought it was. Drop the ignorance and expand your vocabulary.

>>17460640
Interesting.
>>
>>17460640
Server's fine, friendo. Three minutes max.
>>
>>17460641
>implying ritual and habit are different here
>can't admit your wrong when you don't even speak the language

you're an idiot and I'm done with you
>>
>>17460651
>implying ritual and habit are different here
Are you really that daft?

Yes, they are different. There is a major difference between consciously engaging in a set course of action with a particular end in mind, and just automatically doing things that you do every day anyway.

>tfw this guy might just prove funnier than Team Illuminati in time
>>
File: LivingstonPressPass.jpg (131 KB, 313x495) Image search: [Google]
LivingstonPressPass.jpg
131 KB, 313x495
>>17460651
>arguing from equivocation on a word that has multiple stratified meanings in multiple disciplines of study, on top of the normative, what's yours, Webster definition.

And Z's is from OED which I trust more.

C'mon, m8y.
>>
>>17460661
The definitions are entirely equivalent (in terms of logic), just worded differently.
>>
>>17454719
I can safely say that this thread is the best things get for as long as this thread has been around. There is more discussion per thread than per forum elsewhere. No point in memeing it any better. Outreach will come when I do in the most transcendental sense.
>>
>>17451860
>www.lvxnox.com

I'm up for that - You have a sytem for contact or shall I just mail you?

I'm deeply read in eastern, vedic, zen, solid grounding in gnostic teachings. Well read on Jung & a psycology student. Been filling my boots in the libray since it begn.
>>
>>17460671
Yeah, which I why I'm criticizing the argument from equivocation.
>>
>>17460676
Hit me up whenever, we'll discuss specifics.
[email protected]

>>17460680
Ah. I focused more on the stratified meanings part.
>>
>>17460680
>Various techniques are intended to prevent its descent, including jalandhara bandha, a position in which the throat is "sealed" or locked so as to prevent the bindu from dripping into the spinal channels, or nadis. But the most venerated and one of the central technique, techniques of hatha yoga, is khecari mudri: the tongue is progressively cut loose at the base and stretched till it can reach back and up into the hollow above the throat and close off the tenth door. Then, as Goraksa says: By whom the hollow in the top of the throat is sealed by khecari, his bindu even (though he be) embraced by a women, does not fall.

Jesus Christ the tongue thing is hardcore
>>
>>17455567
There are 3 in most cultures. But snowflakes aren't content with being neither and have to shoehorn into the first 2 with no physical or historical basis for it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.