[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animals seeing the paranormal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 51
File: IMG_20160307_133326.jpg (1 MB, 2946x2523) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_133326.jpg
1 MB, 2946x2523
Does anyone have stories of their animals/pets having experiences with the paranormal? My dog always barks at the woods at night
and it scares the shit out of me
Pic related its my goofy ass dog
>>
>>17441429
inb4 bait
>>
File: IMG_20160307_134442.jpg (2 MB, 2952x2790) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_134442.jpg
2 MB, 2952x2790
I really just want to know if other people have had pets warn them before something creepy happens. Having my dog around makes me feel safe, wanna know if I'm just fooling myself
>>
>>17441429
I don't have any personal stories, but you might find this video interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIozVT-IM14

This one goes into more detail on the experiment, though it's in German with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA5wAm2c01w

Also, I love the pictures. He/she looks like a very good dog.
>>
>>17441429
Maybe.

But also maybe it's just because dogs have different ranges of hearing than us and they hear things that we don't.
>>
>>17441429
cute dog, 10/10 what a goof ball

Stayed at my friend's house last summer in Georgia. Shit got real spooky, never really believed in the paranormal until I stayed there, honestly. Her dorky ass cat would stare off into the distance, usually the hallway, which isn't exactly unusual for a cat but *sometimes shit would just happen. The cat never hissed or anything, her attention would just be pulled to a direction. The house was old and kind of gross, so at first I assumed she saw a roach or something, but roaches don't throw shit.
>>
>>17441429
I would like to know as well Op. I would make my own thread but maybe someone who is experienced with this will answer here.

I just do not know what happens to be an insane coincidence anymore.

I have tried to rationalize this but it becomes difficult to do. When I was keeping a relative's lab a year or so ago I heard his name called by a woman's voice from the hallway, and sure enough he heard it to because he turned around and looked towards the hall. No one was there though, or even in my house. I have heard a man's voice saying to someone will you just leave already, and another man's voice say shut up or you will wake them up.

However, I do not know if it is my house, me, or what is going on. Also, I have had three cats pass away within a couple months of each other while living here 4 years ago. One ran out and got hit by a car, the other her sister somehow got out and fell from underneath my car while I was driving to college, and my last one stopped eating even though she had been healthy/ utd at the vet.

On two separate occasions I have woken up during the night to find two different rescue cats on different occasions hanging from the kitchen chairs luckily I was able to save them before they broke their necks. It makes no sense either because the chairs are tall and the spindles are tiny, not to mention the placement of the chairs. It is like someone just picked them up and shoved their necks in between the spindles, and no one else was here besides my spouse who was sound asleep. I do not want to have paranormal investigators come in because I know in this town people would think I am nuts, and house blessing and sage helped, but then w/e this is eventually happens again. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>17441537
>advice

Leave.
If you can. Don't mess around with spooky houses.
>>
Not really paranormal, but maybe relevant

When I was heavily depressed, I was convinced it was caused by demons as I would have plenty of nightmares of them trying to possess me and I would wake with palpitations, sweat and a heavy feeling in my chest, similar to the sensations in my dreams (they were always invisible entities that I could sense and they would try to enter in my chest/heart, it would feel physically and soul crushing) and a LOT of times, my cat would just randomly scratch at the door of my room to wake me up and let himenter for no particular reason, so I would wake up always before I would be defeated and crushed in my dreams. He had this interesting yet helpful synchronicity.

Also, one of my cats (not him) was very close to my mother and he died within days of her death of the same illness (cancer) and started showing symptoms at around the same time again as she became visibly ill.
>>
>>17441537
I want to do that, but I do not think this place would sale fast enough, being that when we got it sat empty for well over a year and we were the only interested buyers so they jumped when we offered. Also, there are several houses with stories on this street that have been setting on the market for awhile now.
>>
>>17441429
My aunt used to have a little bichon frise. Every now and then it would spazz out and start barking at one spot in the house. It would circle around the spot and growl and bark at it. btw when i say "spot," it wasnt a fixed place in the house every time. It would move from room to room.

My uncle had died a few years earlier, but they had moved twice since then. They moved again and it stopped, but the dog ran away.
>>
>>17441429
>My dog always barks at the woods at night
and it scares the shit out of me

He's barking at fucking animals, probably a squirrel or a bird. I have a dog myself and he does this shit all the time.
Is this seriously what people try and pass off as "paranormal" now? I know /x/ is a slow board but goddamn
>>
File: IMG_20160307_163219.jpg (1 MB, 2946x2420) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_163219.jpg
1 MB, 2946x2420
not saying that my dog barking means there's a skinwalker in my woods
I'm asking for peoples opinions on how effective animals are at detecting spooky shit
I'm really interested if anyone has stories about dogs that normally bark at night (or any animal being active), but have occasionally been especially distraught, possibly brought on my the paranormal.
>>
>>17441989

Animals can sense shit pretty fucking good if you ask me.

I once had a sharpei/retriever mutt who was sharp as fuck, he could sense any kind of unwanted visitor around the property.
He was able to locate rats,cockroaches,opposums and rat them out.

Surprisingly he was able to advise that any familiar was close, just like in the video. Even if they were just around the street he would start barking and clawing the door.

Right now i have a pair of mutts, and one night they went batshit insane from being asleep, i got pretty fucking freaked out and readied my bow but then they just started to growl then do some lazy barks and finally sleep again.
I couldnt sleep that night.

Yeah, animals can sense "things", Insects can feel bad weather pretty fucking good too.
>>
Maybe not really /x/, but

>Dad found a mutt in the streets
>He was in a bad state, bony and his fur was falling out
>Dad adopted him, and took care of him
>Months later he was a normal dog, really obedient and friendly
>Five years later, dad dies from a heart attack
>That day, the dog couldn't stop howling and barking
>Even when we yelled at him and put him outside, he didn't stop until we left to the funeral
>Now, sometimes he looks with glossy eyes random spots in the house
>>
>>17441968

Your dog is a pansy.

My GSD just observes. She doesn't flex nuts - just takes it in. The best part was the time we had 2 bucks in rut pass through our back yard. They started acting aggressive and she chased them out. Bunch of fuckbois.
>>
I hear floorboards creak and doorknobs rattle, but always kinda shrugged it off until I got a dog. On one occasion, he heard the floorboards creak from the basement with me, looked at the ceiling, looked at me, then went and looked up the stairs. Another time, at night, we were upstairs and we heard the floorboards go off again. We sat on the stairs and overlooked the hall where the noise came from, and I swear he watched something go from one end of the hall to the other.

He always just watched though, never became defensive or aggressive so I'm sure it's not an issue. Pretty sure it's my grandma's dead second husband as they were the only people to live in the house before my family.

Aside from that he's growled at seemingly nothing a couple times at night, but that was probably either stray cats or a potential robber.
>>
File: 1430229788167.jpg (58 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1430229788167.jpg
58 KB, 720x720
>>17441429
jesus that girl is fucking fat as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
A while back I was in my spare room recording music. I had my headphones in and I kept seeing movement out of the corner of my eyes/felt a presence/overall spooked.

After a while all my equipment came unplugged and the power cord was roughly 2-3 feet from the power strip. Then my dog came in and started growling and barking at the wall. That was the final NOPE for me.

Pic related. That's Jackie wearing a hat
>>
>>17443847
I don't know why the picture turned sideways...
>>
>>17443847
>>17441429
Very nice looking dogs. I have a dog who occasionally barks at the little room in my house with the washer/dryer. Never had anything weird happen in the house though so I'm not worried. Hes a good dog.
>>
My dad passed away 11 years ago. He grew up on a farm, and always considered dogs "outside animals" and thought they were dirty and shouldn't be in the house. We got two pups from the same litter who shared a birthday with my dad, and he ended up loving them to bits. He would take naps with them on the couch and tickle their ears to make them twitch and tussle with them.

>Few days after my dad passed away
>around 2 or 3 am
>everybody asleep (I slept with my mom for a week or so after his death. I was 10)
>My mom and I wake up at the same moment, to some weird noises
>turn on the light, both dogs ears (big, stand-uppy pointy ears) are twitching like mad
>try to figure out what's going on, we thought maybe there were mosquitos or something buzzing in their ears
>pups start to playfully wag their tails and nip at the air, jumping and playing with something we don't see
>one goes downstairs and sleeps on the couch where they used to nap together
>feel completely at ease and comforted. Cry tears of joy

Not really the greatest paranormal/pet story. But it really means a lot to me and I think about it pretty often. Dogs are getting old now and it may be their time too.
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1080x1920
>thinly veiled post your pets thread
On the paranormal side, he is once saved me from getting hit by a car by suddenly pulling back, but he might've just found something nice to sniff
>>
File: Too-Spooky-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif (873 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
Too-Spooky-WTF-Reaction-Gif.gif
873 KB, 400x226
>>17441989
I used to live in an old house that was built somewhere around 1930. I was taking a piss when suddenly I heard my german shepherd bark outside of my door.
So I went to casually check what he was barking at.
The dog was barking at my stairs. I tried to calm him down for a while and it worked... for a minute. My dog started to growl at the fucking stairs!
I was scared shitless honestly. I quickly ran behind my dog who then kept growling while going upstairs.
After 5 minutes he came back downstairs like nothing had happened.

I have more stories if anyone is interested.
>>
>>17444178
>I have more stories if anyone is interested.

That's what /x/ exists for.
>>
>>17441429
Cute doggy! :3

What's kind of dog is he?
>>
Op I need a minute I need to find something
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=r03M4mRR7Bk

You're welcome OP
>>
File: spooky fish.jpg (53 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
spooky fish.jpg
53 KB, 1024x768
>>17444502
I'll post more later (Having too much fun with Clash Royale).
Have a spooky 'fish' image.
>>
my dog just really hated blacks and mexicans
>>
>>17443903
thats really cool, do you and your mom both share this?
>>
>>17444938
same
>>
>>17442105
that''s sp00ky
>>
File: 2016-03-08 12.22.21.jpg (350 KB, 952x535) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-08 12.22.21.jpg
350 KB, 952x535
Sometimes my wiener will detect some noise/presence that I can't hear or see. I'll find her shaking in her boots behind the toilet in the restroom. I have to hold her and pet her for 30 minutes just to calm her down. Only happens once in a blue moon though. Kinda makes me worried too. Wierd for sure.
>>
File: ce2cf2c81a.jpg (198 KB, 975x674) Image search: [Google]
ce2cf2c81a.jpg
198 KB, 975x674
Six years ago I used to live in this house, and this fucking house, man...
My parents just split, my older sisters moved away to start their own families, and right afterwards my mom got into a bad accident that left her pretty much bed bound. After months of not being able to work, she was let go from her job and eventually we couldn't pay for the home we've had my whole life, so packed up what we could -- including our animals -- and looked anywhere for something we could afford. And what we found was this place.

We stayed in this house for exactly a year (to the day), took the first chance we could to get the fuck out of there as soon as the lease was up. Since then I don't think anyone who's moved in lasts much longer than a year.
Anyways, I've got stories to tell, I'll focus on the ones that involve my animals.
>>
>>17444965
How do you mean? Like share the story with others?
>>
>>17445094
I'm interested. Go on.
>>
>>17445094
Looking forward to read all of your stories!
>>
Nah, my cat just see food
>>
File: d5f2ee9a58.jpg (42 KB, 328x410) Image search: [Google]
d5f2ee9a58.jpg
42 KB, 328x410
>>17445094
I'll be sharing these stories throughout the day whenever I get chances to sit down and write them out here. Anyway, here's my dog trying to look like the goosebumps tv show dog His name was Charlie. Took this photo the day before he died.

We just moved in, and from the looks of it so far so good. The house is old, not very old but built in the late 60's I'd say. It's small and compact, the inside is full of warm colors, an earthy-orange tile, and there's a little grapefruit tree outback. By all means it should have felt comfy, and it almost did. But there was just something 'off' about it that we couldn't put our finger on, and my dog apparently picked up on it right away. He'd always been the kind of dog who explored and stuck his nose everywhere out of curiosity, and he was never really fearful of anything at all. We started to notice his uneasiness around the air vents in the ceiling. They weren't particularly noisy and didn't seem like anything that he wasn't already used to, but none the less they freaked him out.

We had the computer set up in a small spare bedroom that had this tiny basement-style window and no overhead lighting. So most times of the day it was pretty dark in there aside from a little desk lamp. The setup had the computer desk against the wall opposite to the door, and on the ceiling above that door was a fairly large air vent. The first time anything unusual happened was in this room.
>>
File: a0b307abcf.jpg (117 KB, 672x470) Image search: [Google]
a0b307abcf.jpg
117 KB, 672x470
>>17445427
Cont'd

It's the afternoon sometime in late November, less than a month after moving in. I'd gotten home from school a little while before, and was now at the computer with Charlie laying by my feet. It's a Friday, and my mom got hired at a restaurant recently and worked until closing time these nights. Around 5 pm or so, I hear a door on the other side of the house shut close, and my dog immediately gets up and runs towards it to greet my mom. I just assumed she got home early today, and I call out to her as usual "hey!", and bring my attention back to the computer. It's quiet out there, don't hear anything for several minutes, and my dog hasn't come back in the computer room with me yet. I hear behind me near the bedroom door a "hey", or at least what immediately registered as "hey", when thinking back it sounded more muffled (like talking into your hand) and almost 'buzzed'. I start talking and turn around with a smile fully expecting to see my mom and instead I see nothing. My eyes immediately fix on the air vent for some reason. A little freaked out, I get up and walk around the house and what isn't a surprise to you but was a fucking surprise to me was that no one was there. And I can't find my dog. Until I go into the hallway bathroom, where he's wedged himself behind the damn toilet. Never saw him so scared. Text my mom if she's been home. "nope"
>>
>>17445442
Cont'd

Later that night around 10:30 pm I'm back on the computer, got most of the lights on in the house, and I'm still the only one there. My dog won't come back into the computer room with me. Getting ready to call it a night when I hear a SLAM on the front door, like someone lunging into it with their body. Think someone is trying to break into my house, Charlie starts barking like crazy which was great because I thought "ok they hear a big ass dog, they'll leave". Now there's no more lunging at the door, but knocking instead. Made no sense to me, my mom was still at work and we didn't know anybody else in town. More knocks, nobody is saying anything out there. Run to the kitchen and grab a knife and got my phone ready and didn't call the cops because I was a stupid teenager. Eventually everything quiets down, and I look outside the window but can't see anything because all the street lights are out.

Probably someone trying break in, I don't know.

Not the spookiest but it was the first shit that happened and all in one day. I'll keep sharing stories later.
>>
>>17445427
he is adorable. sorry he's not around anymore anon.

you have me intrigued about the air vents, that's creepy
>>
>>17445451
thats some spooky shit, keep them comming!
>>
>>17443936
he seems to have a wise vibe about him
>>
>>17445451
Creepy
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>17441429
Have a young lady friend who told me about an old house she lived in. The attic was developed and her cat would follow something unseen around a particular room. Sometimes the cat would just sit at the doorway as if watching something unseen move about. Piqued her curiosity but when her newborn son started doing the same thing she got creeped out and moved him to another room.
>>
Man this thread is effing awesome, Does nobody of you have the urge to further investigate such "creepy places" with GoPros or the like?
>>
>>17445476
Yeah, thanks, he was a good dog.
>>17445451

I think I'll post these chronologically.
As we spend more time in the house we start noticing these little things that just don't feel right. At first they were really insignificant, like swearing you left a door open to later find it closed, or knowing that you didn't turn on any of the lights that were on. I can pretty much explain those away easily. Then we began seeing other things. First were the fucking vents, specifically the one in the computer room. Sometimes you'd walk by it and the temperature would drop drastically. I'll note that the air condition didn't run, and on top of that this house is in Florida, even winter is very warm here. Next were these "scratching" noises coming from inside the walls--- and absolutely they could have been rats or idk giant fucking ants or something, so we hired pest control to check it out when the scratching got so loud we had trouble sleeping. They didn't find anything infesting our walls, but laid traps anyway just in case. The scratching continued every night for the next few months and one night just stopped. Sometime in December my mom calls me toward her room and points at the door knob, gives me a face like "did YOU do that?"
The door knob's keyhole was pried open, like the brass around the key hole was almost shredded and pulled outward and apart. I'm just as confused as she is, and I check the other doors. And sure enough, all 3 bedroom doors have the exact same thing.
>>
Last summer at our hotel there were some real weird things happening. First off, way too many accidents happening at the road the hotel was on. Like 6 in one week. Finally one of them just ended up crashing into our sign and took it right off.

Weeks leading up to this I would hear noises at night (I was the night shift receptionist) coming from the small kitchen. It was definitely a girl moaning. Of course being the typical horror movie idiot I went in there. I didnt understand if it was coming from downstairs or upstairs but I didn't investigate further. I thought it was coming from the upper rooms and echoing down there for some reason and chalked it up to people having sex. Our hotel cleaner who stays there says that isn't possible because there was nothing connecting the rooms and the kitchen. But I never experienced anything like this so def didn't believe him. Maybe he was just watching porn and couldn't keep it down.

Other then that, we found blood in and around the hotel in the mornings. Although I would never see it happen at night, although for the most part I was just looking at my pc screen. Accidents continued for about 2-3 weeks and then stopped. So did the blood and the moaning.

Point of all this is, our family dog would bark at seemingly nothing through out all this time. Our hotel cleaner was really into the paranormal (guy from zimbabwe, its generally believed there according to him) and we would talk all night about this stuff. It was usually just for a laugh but he did say that animals can see this stuff before humans can.

Btw he's theory was that a spirit was rising at this time. Fuck if I know. I choose to not believe it.
>>
>>17447517
Cont'd

The first time something touches us is around Christmas. My oldest sister comes to visit us in the new house to stay a few days for the holidays. She brings her two children with her, and I let the 3 of them stay in my room while I camp out on the living room couch. It's the first time we have company over for an extended amount of time.
It's late at night and my sister and her kids were sleeping after a long road trip to get here, and my mom and I are just hanging out on the couch talking when my sister gets up and walks up to us. She's got this look on her face, and at first I'm thinking that she's trying her hand at acting because of how horrifying her expression is, but all the color is drained from her skin and she looks so 'wrong' I know that whatever she's feeling has to be genuine... We stare at her for a few seconds until she speaks up and says "Was somebody murdered in your room?". My mom pretty much scoffs in surprise, and rightfully so because my sister just doesn't believe in that kind of shit. I say "No? Why?", and this is what she told me; "I woke up after hearing something thump in the corner. Before I could go back to sleep, I watched a strand of my hair lift up in front of my face. And then it was yanked out of my scalp". I didn't know what to tell her. I tried to get my dog to sleep in my room with them. He was used to sleeping in there, and he loved my sister, but he just would't step foot in there that night.
>>
We have a bridge right outside our house. There's this underpassage that gets really dark at night. My dog HATES that underpassage. There is no one there and yet he won't stop barking.

He also seems to sense when people have wrong intentions and has protected me from creepy men in the past.(and this is a tiny dog too)
>>
if a dog saw a ghost it would probably try and hump its leg
>>
>>17447600
Moar, whore.

Idk why but the vents thing really spooked my skellington
>>
File: 1457175268636.png (240 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
1457175268636.png
240 KB, 450x370
Dogs can smell from a long ways away.

Its most likely small animals.
>>
>>17447600
Come back, anon. Your story is giving me chills, I need to hear the rest.
>>
One night I was in the living room fixing my computer, I was freshly installing the windows OS to it so I knew It was going to take some time to install. I turned my chair around and for a strange reason I was looking at my dog sleep on the arm rest of the couch. I kept starring so all of a sudden my dogs head raises up and turns to the left where the window shades as if he sensed someone walking outside the house. I looked at his general direction and suddenly on the shade itself a face started appearing from total nothingness. My dog and I kept staring at that shadow face on the cloth shade and as soon as it dissipated my dog went back to sleep. I went towards the window and I looked outside and nobody was there and nobody was walking by since the street lamp was right at that spot. I really know that he did sense and see that shadow figure appear and dissapear. That's my story
>>
so qt
ur dog
>>
>>17448072
>>17448629

Here's a bit more while I'm still at the computer for you guys, I'll be back later.
>>17447600

My sister leaves and really nothing happens the rest of her visit here, but she did eventually ask to sleep on the couch instead. The scratching in the walls at night was still a constant at this point, but again it could have been rats.

My mom is a skeptical woman, she's always been that way since I can remember, and I don't think she ever entertained paranormal ideas. The few experiences I had so far and what my sister told her didn't really persuade her otherwise either.

This is a small house with no carpet. If something makes a noise on one end of the house you'll be able to hear it on the opposite end. One day I hear my mom in her bathroom having a conversation, and I just assume she's on the phone. She walks into my room some minutes later with this confused look. Turns out she was actually talking to me in her bathroom, or what she thought was me. "I swear you were standing right behind me, I saw you in the mirror". I check the house to make sure no one broke in, and try to convince her that I've been in my room the entire time. She doesn't believe me.

We start hearing what I can best describe as the tv being on, when it isn't. Every once in a while, usually late morning / early afternoon, coming from my mom's room you would swear the tv was on. What you'd hear was the sound of people talking to each other, a whole group of people conversing but the volume was turned down low where you could just hear it. Would go on for minutes, and I thought it was the tv at first until the first time I got up to switch it off. Walked up to her room and the sound would just fizzle away when I reached the doorway.
>>
File: 1454717120501.jpg (94 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1454717120501.jpg
94 KB, 720x1280
She likes to stare in the corner of my room and just snarl at night. Likely just a mouse in the wall or something, but it's super unsettling.
>>
File: 1452458011788.jpg (28 KB, 618x602) Image search: [Google]
1452458011788.jpg
28 KB, 618x602
>>17448786
MOAR MOAR MOAR .
>>
For fuck's sake, everyone quit derailing this thread about the goddamn feet already. Go fap/whine at /d/ or /soc/ already.
>>
>>17448786
I am both horrified and fascinated by your stories, they just sound so convincing.
>>
>>17448786
Bumping for this.
>>
>>17442038
>>17444546
>>17445103
>>17445445
>>17445465
yeah I've got big feet wanna fight about it?
>>17443740
>>17443814
that is definitely not me
Sorry I couldn't reply yesterday, captcha kept fuckin up
>>
You have cute toes OP xcx
>>
File: 1405168411195.jpg (117 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
1405168411195.jpg
117 KB, 599x449
>>
File: friendly ogre.jpg (3 MB, 2946x2523) Image search: [Google]
friendly ogre.jpg
3 MB, 2946x2523
>>17441429
What is up with your toes?
>>
>>17448786
Sorry in advance about these becoming less and less about my dog, was kind of the point of the thread. He'll be more relevant later on, so it won't be completely off topic. I just want to tell it how it happened, and this being the first time I've put these thoughts to words shit might seem a little jumbled, so bear with me.

Things continue on like this for a while, not constantly or anything but on and off. Nothing more or less than what I've already mentioned for some months.
Summer comes around and an out of state friend who I haven't seen since I moved decides to spend a week at this house. Show her around St Augustine (which was kind of the area), and we go on some ghost tours the first night because she wanted to get spooked and head back to the house. Her first night here she brings an inflatable mattress to sleep on, so we set it up in the computer room. We talk for a few hours more before heading off to bed. I didn't mention anything to her about the house or specifically that room.
>>
>>17451288
Cont'd

The next morning I get up and walk out to the living room to see her sitting on the couch. She has dark circles under her eyes, real bloodshot, she looks like she didn't get any sleep at all. I say something along the lines of "you miss your old bed at home?", and she tells me she had horrible dreams last night. Before she slept in there, I plugged a dim little night-light into the wall so she could just see her surroundings in case she had to get up. This is what she describes to me, as best I can remember it:

"I fell asleep, and in this dream it felt like I woke up and opened my eyes. And I saw you standing near the door. I felt kind of out of it, and thought you were just checking up on me, so I close my eyes and dream about something I don't remember. I open my eyes again and you're standing at the end of my bed. I look at you in the dark for a little while, close my eyes again, and I hear something that wakes me up. The sun's coming up and I can see a little better, turn my head to look at the alarm clock and for a second I see you standing against the wall now, but it's not you."

Says she left the room right away, and just sat in the living room until I woke up. That was the first time someone slept in that room while we lived there, and the last time.
>>
>>17451295
Lurking for more.
>>
>>17451295
Inflatable mattresses are a bitch to sleep on anyway, from my personal experience, but regardless, that place sounded haunted as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_20151206_204840.jpg (959 KB, 2306x2306) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_204840.jpg
959 KB, 2306x2306
This is my dog, he sometimes barks at nothing. Jes trained to bark on command though so I think he does it for attention sometomes.
>>
>>17451231
kek
>>
there was one time at home - let me preface by just going ahead and saying my house is pretty spoopy. the former tenants died in a murder suicide

anyways i was at home over christmas and something upsetting was happening with family, i don't remember what but i picked up my cat and went and hid upstairs. he's an older cat, dark grey and fluffy and generally lazy/cranky but he's always been good to me

anyways i heard footsteps on the stairs coming up from the garage. nobody was down there, but the stair's creaking was distinct. my cat heard the sounds too because he looked in that direction. his gaze seemed to be following something walking up the stairs, coming our way. my cat's eyes were wide and he had stopped purring and he was just watching intently what i perceived as empty space

felt like something weird was going to happen so i said out loud, listen, i acknowledge your presence, but can you please leave me alone because you are upsetting my cat

i said it firmly and calmly, i didn't know what to expect but i thought maybe it just wanted some recognition. there was a moment like a hush in the air and then the weird vibe was gone, my cat resumed purring and everything went better than expected dot jpeg

i love my cat
>>
>>17451295
I need moooorreee
>>
>>17441429
Yeah, the story of Balaam the prophet and his donkey indicates that at least some animals can see into the paranormal. The donkey saw the angel with the sword; the man did not.
>>
>>17451295
More god dammit more!!!!
>>
>>17452288
Your dog looks like a total OG
>>
>>17441429
Some interesting cases of animal reactions to UFOs...

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseView.asp?section=AnimalReaction
>>
I was hiking in a forest to find slavic stone circle where druids were having their rituals around 500 b.c.
I arrived at 2 a.m. or so.
I poked around and there were nothing really spooky except forest sounds, some night birds, crickets and so on.
I sat in the middle of the circle and after few minutes EVERY single animal sound has stopped. The only sounds left were those of the rustling leaves and creking wood.
I felt strangly lightheaded suddenly so I took off and noped out of there.
Seconds after I left the circle cricets started to make noise again and the birds as well.
And that's why I don't visit ancient slavic rituals sites alone anymore...

It's a story that happened to me some time ago.
I guess animals do percive more then meets the eye.
>>
>>17454408
creeeeepy
>>
>>17452242
Yeah sleeping on an inflatable mattress is the worst, I'd have fucked up dreams too spending a night on one of those.
>but regardless, that place sounded haunted as fuck.
yep I hate it
>>17453158
>>17453295
Okay, typing that up right now, just give me a few.
>>
I live in oklahoma. And one night there was a 5.3 earthquake. I was laying in my bed with my cat. Out,of nowhere my cat hissed loudly, and darted off down the stairs. About 20 seconds later my apartment was shaking. I am certain that my cat knew that an earthquake was about to happen, and startled it. The cat had never acted like that before or after.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 832x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 832x580
I've got tons of stories about either my pets and other people's pets reacting oddly to things. But this one is one of my favorites.
>staying in cape cod for vacation
>family friends bring dogs
>folks leave me alone one night in beach house with two good Labradors
>middle of the night I hear shit going on in the room in back of the living room
>wonder what pups are up to
>tv suddenly turns itself off
>loud ass fucking static and fuzz on the screen
>look in the doorway and the dogs are standing rigid, angry stance and growling
>not at me, but like behind me
>start to hear walking
>freak the fuck out
>family come home twenty minutes later
>never stay there again

Apparently the person we rented from had their mother die there, and she supposedly acknowledged before we rented it that "Mom walks around and makes noises" and it's nothing to worry about.
>>
File: 1457570435312.jpg (74 KB, 611x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457570435312.jpg
74 KB, 611x1024
We know.
>>
>>17451295
After that I did tell my friend the stuff that's been going on in the house, she believed me and thought it was pretty creepy. The rest of that week we pretty much tried to freak each other out and nothing really unusual happened the rest of that visit. After her time here was over, I ended up traveling back with her up to Georgia to stay there for a week.

This was the first time my mom was left alone at the house, and I'm not trying to over exaggerate here (because it sounds really stupid) but when I flew back down to Florida she changed. Like she still talks about this shit if someone brings up ghosts, and basically my whole life she'd been a skeptic until now. So I get home and sometime later that day she explains to me what happened, and I'll just tell most of this the way she tells it because God knows I've heard it enough and can pretty much quote her on it. For the record, I do believe her and she really has no reason to lie about this anyways. My mom's a lot of things but she's not a liar.
>>
>>17454788
Cont'd

She first mentions how a couple of days after I left, she started seeing 'figures', is how she put it. She would walk into a room sometimes and for a split second swore she saw 'things' specifically in the corners, like someone standing flush against the wall. She says she thought her brain was playing tricks on her, since most of the time when she'd see this it would be after she got home from working in a restaurant. Thought she was just tired and spent several hours around people that her mind was imagining it. She describes one instance in particular, which always stuck with me: "It's late at night and I'm getting ready to go to bed. Charlie (my dog) is sleeping on my bed already but I can't find Lola (our cat). I search the house for her and start checking the bedrooms, call for her and hear a small 'knock' noise come from your room. I step inside and before I turn on the light I see something right next to me up against the wall from the corner of my eye. When I looked directly at it, it dropped it's 'head' to it's chest." She says after that she basically jumped out of the room and slammed the door shut. Was still shut when I got there. She found the cat somewhere else. It's how my mom goes into detail about what she thinks she saw that gets to me. She describes this thing standing against the wall by saying "it'd head was somehow shaped like a broom", says it was long and distorted, couldn't make out any features other than the shape. When it's head dropped to it's chest she says "it was like it's neck just broke". She only saw it for maybe 2 seconds at most.
>>
>>17454791
Cont'd

The last thing she has to talk about the week I left happened the night before I got back. She was sleeping with Charie at the foot of the bed when he starts making those half-barks dogs do when they hear something. It wakes her up, and she's about to tell him to be quiet when she hears something in the kitchen. Again this is a small house, but my mom's bedroom door leads directly into the kitchen / living room. She listens to what sounds like someone picking through the silverware, carefully. She's about to get up when the sounds go from carefully to violently rummaging through the drawer. Charlie starts barking and runs to her door, and my mom gets up and as she's opening the door, hears something slam and then shit falling to the floor. Charlie runs out there and she sees that the silverware drawer in on the ground, and one of the tracks that it sits on is broken. So something either pushed that drawer shut and pulled it out again, or slammed it shut so hard that it bounced back and fell to the ground. My mom turned on all the lights and cleaned up the mess but I can't imagine she got any sleep that night.
>>
>>17454795
Also sorry for lazy typos, it's late here.
>>
>>17454806
Crazy shit...
>>
>>17445094
>>17445427
>>17445442
>>17445451
>>17447517
>>17447600
>>17448786
>>17451288
>>17451295
>>17454788
>>17454791
>>17454795
Congraulations, I shit my pants.

If it were me, as soon as
>"scratching" noises coming from inside the walls
>the scratching got so loud we had trouble sleeping.
>They didn't find anything infesting our walls
>The scratching continued every night for the next few months
happened, I would have got right the fuck out of there.
>>
>>17441429
What breed is that?
>>
File: 1447123521774.jpg (101 KB, 520x720) Image search: [Google]
1447123521774.jpg
101 KB, 520x720
>>
File: IMG_20160311_120506.jpg (2 MB, 2952x3544) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160311_120506.jpg
2 MB, 2952x3544
>>17444538
>>17455013
German Shepherd
Ft. My ogre toes bc fuck all of you
>>
File: 16220-banner-ppt625.jpg (118 KB, 625x400) Image search: [Google]
16220-banner-ppt625.jpg
118 KB, 625x400
>>17456245
No THESE are ogre toes.
Cutie patootie dog OP, love German shepherds
>>
>>17456245
Just knock it off already, OP, you're only encouraging further derailment of this thread.
>>
>>17441429
>>17441429
Keep your dog safe. Stop taking him/her into the woods. Buy a shotgun and some night optics. Preferably night vision and thermal. Any ayys, skinwalkers, or bigfoots get a 12 gauge surprise.
>>
>>17451288
lol, i had a friend come from out of town so i put her in the room that has the gateway to hell and an open vortex to garunteed demon possesion, the same room someone wa obviously murdered in and that my dog wont even enter and the room that puts me on edge with a cold draft and someones hair got pulled out she should be fine.
>>
>>17456571
lol I mean yeah pretty much, but my sister's hair was pulled in my bedroom, not the computer room. And I was in there all the time, those things didn't happen often.

>but yeah pretty much
>>
And I've got one more story to share about that house, I'll do that when I get back tonight. I've got more photos of that house I can post if anyone is interested too
>>
>>17456773
Yeah, best stories and probably best thread I've seen here in a good while.
>>
File: Whaa.png (161 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Whaa.png
161 KB, 500x282
Not my dog but last year i was at my friends house watching a movie, the dog jumped up and started barking and growling at the roof.
House no attic, maybe it felt something floating above it?
>>
bump
>>
>>17456773
I'm always interested. Your stories are believable and well told.
>>
Everybody knows that humans bred dogs from wolves for our benefit. Well, it wasn't entirely a one way street. There existence had an influence on human evolution as well, though a small one.

Back before the domestication of dogs, we lived in the stone age. Not necessarily in caves, but at the very most in small tentlike structures. No cities. Al very tribal. And various tribes constantly fought for each others land, resources, tools, etc. There was nothing to stop one tribe from sneaking up on another and smashing their heads in. You could have guards, but they fell asleep, and were no good the next morning for work, etc. It was a really shitty, scary existence.

All that changed when humans domesticated dogs. Dogs have much better senses than we do. So if some other tribe starts sneaking on you, the dog will know about it way before you do,and if it's a good dog, he'll start barking and wake everybody up and prepare for the intruder. So they bred dogs that barked louder, and earlier, and you've got yourself some good dogs. That and the domestication of crops allowed farms which led to civilization, etc., etc.

But there was a subtle effect on people's biology too. The humans who were paying attention to the dogs, and became alert when the dogs did, those people were more likely to survive an attack. So when your dog starts barking for no reason that you can tell, your hair stands on end, you get goose bumps, your heart starts to race... that's not paranormal, that's your instinct warning you that people are about to break into your house. Even if your dog is just hearing a cat fight that you can't hear.
>>
>>17456773
Yes please.

>>17457407
>But there was a subtle effect on people's biology too. The humans who were paying attention to the dogs, and became alert when the dogs did, those people were more likely to survive an attack.

Most of what you said made sense except for this, anon. It's not a biological thing, something more akin to a cultural awareness or whatever.
>>
File: 23!132118b .jpg (82 KB, 518x600) Image search: [Google]
23!132118b .jpg
82 KB, 518x600
>>
>>17458194
Someone needs to do a shop of this with a catgirl Sadako in the TV.
>>
File: IMG_20160311_230349.jpg (430 KB, 1434x1419) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160311_230349.jpg
430 KB, 1434x1419
OP here, this is my dog that lives with my mom. Where her house is used to be a convenience store or something where a girl was raped and murdered. In the bedroom she stays in, my grandpa (her dad) died after having a stroke. I felt lots of weird shit when I lived there, part of the reason why I moved. I asked her today, and she said that this dog, Dani, occasionally will stare at a spot in her room and growl, and will look at several different spots before eventually stopping, like whatever she was growling at left. Her other dog is old as balls and basically blind and deaf and too lazy to do shit
>>
>>17458194
Who the fuck are you?
Leave me alone
I'll drop it I swear Just go away
>>
>>17441429
When I was in my teens I would swing on this swingset my parents bought for me all the time. My dog was this goofy ass pitbull and no matter when I wanted to swing, she'd come out with me. I would always swing late at night, usually for about an hour before bed. Just listen to music and swing.
One night, she was acting really weird, staying really close to my swing, like she was on high alert. I just made sure I didn't punt her and kept a swingin. Then, out of the fucking blue she starts snarling, growling, barking, the works. I am not exaggerating when I say I had never seen her do this, not even to the opossums that tried to get into my dad's hens and ducks and stuff. She started running in between the swing, so I had to stop and she nipped at my legs until I got inside.
As I was going in, though, there was this abnormally large shooting star. It was bigger than any of the ones I usually saw and burned for ~10 seconds longer. I kinda put a little fire in my step after I saw it, but she was freaking out.
After that, I just assumed my dog knew something was up. She slept in my room with me, and I had these bay windows she would nap on during the day. She didn't move from them all night, just snorting and huffing every so often. I legit think there was something out there that wasn't in the norm for her. She never reacted that way to any wildlife, dogs, people, etc. ever before, so I just tried to sleep with my light on. Loved that dog.
>>
>>17458194
fuck off
>>
>>17458194
>>17458321
>>17458554
what?
>>
>>17459286
The moron was spamming this symbol in various pictures and posting to random threads, just ignore it.
>>
Not really my dog, but some friends of my parents' used to bark like crazy at the door of their utility room sometimes. It's always be around 10pm. If they opened the door he'd go even more schiz and certainly wouldn't go inside.
>>
>>17459331
>but some friends of my parents' used to bark like crazy at the door of their utility room sometimes

lol lycanthropes
>>
>>17459350
Top kek.
>>
>>17454791
>>like its neck had broke
Shit man, that thing probably killed itself by hanging.
>>
File: nFZQQyS.jpg (31 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
nFZQQyS.jpg
31 KB, 720x720
>>17456773
Please do. Photos would be great.
>>
>>17454553
You dumbass, the cat didn't know an earthquake was going to happen,
THE
CAT
CAUSED
THE
EARTHQUAKE
>>
>>17441429
Your dogs eyes are spooky
>>
File: 1409542757907.jpg (61 KB, 700x417) Image search: [Google]
1409542757907.jpg
61 KB, 700x417
>>
>>17456773
waiting for more stories
>>
>>17441429

ive had a few things happen, but first i want to state just cause your dog barks at the woods dont mean there is anything paranormal out there could be another animal and in some off chance a person in that cause barking is great, but anyway i have a dog and 2 cats at my old place i had a few times the animals would watch something that was not there i looked for insects flies, moths anything that would catch a cats attention but nothing and every so often the dog would watch too only one time i was freaked out was when they where watching whatever was there the dog ran and hid under my feet and i heard a thud come from the kitchen (the place they were looking at)
>>
when I pulled up a picture of shrek on my computer my cat quickly ran up to me and made a really loud meow
>>
File: 1457030115178.png (285 KB, 517x425) Image search: [Google]
1457030115178.png
285 KB, 517x425
>>17441429
> no qt spooky gf with stub toes to be scared with about barking dogs.
>>
>>17456773
bump for more
>>
To preface, I live across the street from a graveyard (all black church). I have a pitbull and a lab. The pitbull will not sleep in my room for whatever reason. She will get on the bed then her ears perk up and her eyes will slowly wander my walls, like she is following something. Then she gets up and goes downstairs.
>>
I've had dogs all of my life. Seen them react oddly to a few things.

In one particular house, the 2 dogs I had would often come bolting out of rooms as if being chased by something. The look on their face and posture was that of fright.

I once found one of them cowering under a bed shitting itself. It let out a fucking sigh of relief when I found it, poor fucker.

I had a Bassett hound who would bark at people that weren't white. It'd stand at the window, ignoring white folks, then some old black lady would walk past.... "WOOO WOOOO WOOOO WOO WOOO!".

Taking it for walks was a nightmare.
>>
you guys my cat dissapeared.. I let him in the house earlier, then I was in my bedroom for a couple of hours..
When I get up to let him out I can't find him??? I've looked everywhere and there's no way he could've gotten out on his own... Eaten by a demon?? Seriously tho he's gone way do
>>
>>17465348
thanks if you find my cat i'll send you a pic of em
>>
>>17441429

yes
my cat tends to stare in the empty spaces of the house
often looks at something behind me

me sitting alone late in the night in front of my PC, cat on my desk
then she looks at something behind me, then looks at me, then back behind me
I turn around, there is nothing. not even a furniture to look at
it's winter so there are no flies either
happens in other parts of the house too
pretty spooky
>>
Pretty spooky thread.
>>
>>17464324
>I had a Bassett hound who would bark at people that weren't white. It'd stand at the window, ignoring white folks, then some old black lady would walk past.... "WOOO WOOOO WOOOO WOO WOOO!".
very clever dog
>>
File: tumblr_o389xiqXuS1qecmq4o1_1280.jpg (299 KB, 1280x1077) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o389xiqXuS1qecmq4o1_1280.jpg
299 KB, 1280x1077
my dog doesn't do or see shit. he is a dud. very cute though!
>>
>>17467555
Free your doggo from the cone of shame.
>>
File: donkey.jpg (90 KB, 524x884) Image search: [Google]
donkey.jpg
90 KB, 524x884
>>17451231
>>
>>17466901
I think your cat is fucking with you
>>
>>17456773
Anon pls deliver
>>
>>17441989
im living in a small island in holland, there's a abandoned tropical swimming pool, it looks really creepy, every time i walk my dog he barks at the buildings
>>
behold
pupper
>>
I bought a house in order to flip it. My dog was terrified of the house and I couldn't figure outwhy. He's not like that at all. He's only enter if I physically forced him and then hed cowar in the corner near the door.

A few weeks later I was tearing the wall apart and found a baby skeleton.

They tell me it was likely a turn of the century premature baby.
>>
About a year and a half ago.
>uncle died
>return from the morgue
>alone at home, drinking coffee, faggot cat and 2 dogs with me in the kitchen
>browsing /x/, good thread
>op in this thread has strange things happen to him in his sleep
>as I said, thread was good but I don't believe in ghosts and that kind of circlejerk things
>op in this thread recorded audio over night while sleeping to see if he can capture something
>thinking fuck it, I'll bite
>download the file
>play it
>some low standard noises, op breathing and shit
>all of a sudden, creaky noises on audio
>some strange noises like gibberish and fuckwhatnot
>dogs jumped up began acting like on pcp
>larger one barking at thin air, growling, showing teeth and scratching the door
>smaller one wailing and crying like an idiot and trying to hide behind a couch
>faggot cat confused as shit and annoyed by these two bitches
>turn off audio, dogs stop and immediately calm down

Anyway, don't know what to think. It was pretty strange. Still don't believe in ghosts and all that shit though.
>>
>>17468344
If you still have the audio file I'd love to hear what's on it. Maybe some kind anon could fiddle with the sound file to see what the gibberish is?
>>
>>17468414
I'll check it out when I get home, currently living in another city. It is possible that the audio is somewhere on an old micro SD card
>>
>>17441537
Your cats dying is your fault, shouldn't have let them get out.

Third kitty probably died of grief. Cats feel the loss of their mates too.
>>
>>17442576
I had a dutch shepherd growing up. She was observant, protective, calm and all that towards every single being on this ball.

Except squirrels.

One little twitch of that bushy tail and she'd fucking go running after the little nut-eater.
>>
Btw I found my cat. Somehow that motherfucker got outside, don't ask me how.. Either something else let him out or I lost some time yesterday..
>>
When i was a kid i had a little yorkiepoo named Sam. We were inseparable. One weekend my family went camping overnight with some church friends. No one was watching him when we left him, butt we left enough food and water to last overnight easily. That night i felt extremely guilty and depressed for no discernible reason. I hadn't done anything wrong and i wasn't worried about Sam at all. I felt like i was being punished for something i did. I prayed and prayed for forgiveness for whatever i had done, then i fell asleep. When we got home the next afternoon he was dead. Granted he was old, and it didn't come as a surprise, but still the way i felt that night means something. perhaps dogs are telepathic and Sam was communicating with me. Perhaps it has something to do with God or Satan or even both. crazy stuff man.
>>
>>17442105
Is understandable, he felt the loss of your father as much as any human could. Probably more so because not only was he his "pack leader" he knew this guy had saved his life. Animals have more feelings than they're given credit for.
>>
>>17442576
Nice anon
>Gsd = god tier dog
>>
File: nigga bullshittin'.jpg (138 KB, 456x303) Image search: [Google]
nigga bullshittin'.jpg
138 KB, 456x303
>>17445124
He wants to know if your mom saw the same shit. like for confirmation
>>
File: dfdfsdf.jpg (8 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
dfdfsdf.jpg
8 KB, 284x177
>>17441429
I was playing with my two buns last night they're cute and cuddly and I don't feed them in a cage. so they were licking my hand and shit. suddenly one of them got away from me,turned to the other side of the room and started to stomp his feet. and then the other did the same. it creeped me out and took a quite while to calm them down. still don't know what were they afraid of
>>
File: Bunny-Computer.jpg (54 KB, 282x425) Image search: [Google]
Bunny-Computer.jpg
54 KB, 282x425
>>17471253
>they were licking my hand and shit.

Ewww.
>>
>>17471261
guys no they weren't shitting they were playing with me goddamn you
>>
>>17471253
Rabbits are small, skittish prey animals which frighten easily.
>>
>>17441526
Isn't it pretty common for people's cats to just stare and look around like their eyes are following something that we can't see?
>>
>>17441429
Last year when I was having very bad ideas coming to my head, blaming my parents and myself. Having really vivid nightmares with demons and spirit almost the whole summer. In one late night I was just hanging around in my parents house when that "psychic attack" started again and next our lovely cat and 7 years old bunny started to flip. Jumping to couch and seemed very stressed out, nothing could give them peace at that moment. And my thoughts were running like hell, everything in the future seemed shit. Tried to go peaceful state of mind with meditation and like after one hour it all stopped. Animals were acting normal and my mind was in the correct moment not in those visions and ideas.

I say, trust your instinct when you make your friendships. Everybody arent here for connecting and making the world better. Someones are just trying to feel better for others lose.
>>
>>17442576
I had a newfie that was like that.
I love big dogs that are quiet but in charge of their territory. Every once in a while at night when I'd be watching t.v. she'd sit up and start looking around like she heard something. One time she did that and let out a couple of those low, "hey human something's not right", boofs, then sat practically in my lap for the next few hours. The next day I found a dead deer down the street that had been torn up by an animal. She probably heard it going down.
Another time I was outside smoking late at night. I started to feel paranoid and was totally focused on one spot in the woods. She didn't even look at me but she could sense my tension rising and she got up and charged towards where I was staring. It's crazy how much dogs pick up on your energy and mood.
She was an amazing dog but she spooked the fuck out of me sometimes. I slept in the basement and my mom was way in the back of the house on the second floor. The dog didn't like us being far away so she would always come check on me. Except by check on me I mean she would open the basement door and come stare at me from across the room where I couldn't see her. I miss her and I don't feel safe going for walks in the woods without her.
>>
>>17441429
No paranormal experiences except for animals being afraid of certain rooms, no matter what they will try to escape from.

My advice is always trust your animals. Even cats. Let's just say they are capable of sensing more than prey. It's pretty well known if a very large group of animals flip out for no apparent reason, a disaster is probably coming. I'd trust them in this too. They are much smarter than us in this regard.
>>
>>17469992
I feel the same way. Dogs are smarter than people realize. Some dogs have an amazing understanding of language. Just because they can't talk back doesn't mean they don't know what we're saying. I've given my dog very specific commands and she knew exactly what I was saying. One time she came out and started begging for scraps after she just stuffed her face with her food and left a huge mess. I said to her, "You're not getting any of this until you go back in there and clean up all the kibbles you left on the floor." I didn't even have to say it twice, she went and hooverd that shit right up and them came back and waited for treats.
>>
>>17471467
>I love big dogs that are quiet but in charge of their territory.

Me too. We mostly have the dumb ones that bark at anything and everything around here. I'm more of a cat person, but I did have one dog I loved, who also barked at everything, but was so loyal and good-natured. We used to go exploring in the neighborhood. Your story reminded me of her.
>>
File: 1418450248945.jpg (71 KB, 770x523) Image search: [Google]
1418450248945.jpg
71 KB, 770x523
>>
>>17453037
>can you please leave me alone because you are upsetting my cat
>i said it firmly and calmly
From what I've read that's the best way to handle spoops. It's when people try to help them or communicate with them that shit gets nutty. Even if you don't believe in occult stuff, if a person acknowledges and tries to expound on those negative vibes in your head that are creating it, then you're going to lose it. Your mind can make the hallucinations real.
>>
File: 20160221_190938.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160221_190938.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
My dog is pretty cool
>>
>>be me
>>chilling on couch watching tv
>>have American Bulldog and 3 cats
>>they're all chill too
>>suddenly all animals go apeshit at mirrors
>>this goes on for a minute until I get fed up and shout for everything to fuck off
>>cats take off but dog keeps whining for a minute

Assume they just forgot what a reflection was, but who knows.
>>
File: 1457991558798.jpg (80 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1457991558798.jpg
80 KB, 650x650
>>
>me and my sister occassionally walk our dog at the huge park near home
>park is huge, resembles a forest
>dog's hanging with his dog friends as usual, they're about 6 dogs
>nothing unusual just running and sniffing each others tails, dumb dog shit
>all of a sudden this one tiny dog starts barking at some woods in the distance, literally @ nothing
>ok.png
>in a matter of seconds, all the 6 fuckin dogs start barking to the same direction like if someone threatened to attack them, they start backing up
>spooky.png
>the owners and us start looking at each others like wtf is going on, telling the dogs to shut up
>is daylight, nothing rare is in there, nothing comes out of the woods
>dogs stop barking all of a sudden and continue doing their shit
>mfw
>>
>>17472391

my sister also told me this isn't the first time the dogs act that way around the park, rest in peace to the person that probably committed suicide over there

pic related it's my dog
>>
>>17456425
Don't worry about it. She's a woman, she can't help but make the subject about her.
>>
File: Demon.jpg (80 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
Demon.jpg
80 KB, 400x480
>>17456571
>gateway to hell and an open vortex to garunteed demon possesion

I like where this is going.
>>
>>17457407
>cat fight
Yeah I used to hear that shit all the time in the middle of the night right outside my window as a kid and it scared the absolute shit out of me. Except later I learned that they weren't exactly fighting.
>>
>>17471279
wanna kinda know what were they afraid of. they were really brave though trying to defense their territory
>>
Spirobot & notkillme OP check in...
>>
Semi Fami Work
>>
Nicki Bafi Blurt Blurt Blurt Blurt
>>
>>17471279
A mellow domesticated rabbit doesn't do the foot thumping very often. Which is why it's spoopy when they do. I let my rabbit sleep under my bed and sometimes in the middle of the night he would thump a couple times and freak me the fuck out.
>>
>>17471455
Those negative vibes and thoughts were coming from you. You were projecting an unsettling mental field and your animals were picking up on it.
>>
>>17472391
>telling the dogs to shut up
This pisses me off when people do that.
Listen to your damn dog. If you disregard their barking because they're a yapper then you failed at raising a well mannered dog. Yelling at your dog does nothing but escalate their tension.
>>
>>17473209
>>17473214
evrrytime i answer you it gets deleted?? idfk whats happening bruh but thanks
>>
>>17473434
Thank you mod.
Because this isn't fucking /soc/.
>>
When I was but a wee lad, I lived in a house with a haunted basement, whatever was down there wasn't friendly, it lurked in the dark corners when the light was on and was just generally spoopy, we also had a beagle that lived in the house, he wouldn't even go near the stairwell to the basement, and would growl at the stairs if the door was open.
>>
>>17441429
Here you go, OP

absolutely TRUE story of how one therapy cat in a nursing home, Oscar, predicted some 50 patients dying.

he could sense before anyone or anything else that they were close to death!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7129952/Cat-predicts-50-deaths-in-RI-nursing-home.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_(therapy_cat)

there are some scientific explanations that make sense (he smells a chemical released when dying), but I like to think there was something more to it.

also, I wonder if the healthier (aware) patients in the nursing home were fucking afraid of him, or if they freaked out when he came to visit them.
>>
>>17473525
>if they freaked out when he came to visit them.

heehehee, "NOT TODAY, OSCAR".

had any of you guys heard about this? anyone else's cats behave similarly?

>>17441603
sounds similar
>>
File: cat time.jpg (22 KB, 415x197) Image search: [Google]
cat time.jpg
22 KB, 415x197
>>17473525
>I wonder if the healthier (aware) patients in the nursing home were fucking afraid of him, or if they freaked out when he came to visit them.
>>
>>17441429
Just look in the direction your dog is barking and search for anything off. If you have a carpet look at the carpet then look for footsteps being currently made.
>>
>>17447535
interesting
>>
File: 32607.jpg (34 KB, 468x557) Image search: [Google]
32607.jpg
34 KB, 468x557
>>17473525
I love Oscar.
>>
yep i got some

back when i was messing around with mediumship and channeling, when the spirits were around my cat would look in multiple areas around me looking terrified, then nope the fuck outta there. fun fact i did so much weird shit in that room its now haunted by my own past life that i accidentally... evoked? he was famous for getting spirits to knock on the walls during seances, and now there is knocking on the walls there randomly.

anyways much later and in a different location i was babysitting a chihuahua and he started barkking at seemingly nothing. i sctually didnt see it before he did. so i went and stood in the spot where it was and experienced an interesting feeling, like standing inside someone. i then banished it and the dog stopped barking.
>>
>>17441429
Its a shame they can't talk, woof woof errrrrrrr.
>>
I hate dogs are dirty annoying and smell bad always, cats are superior
>>
File: cat-like_typing_detected.jpg (28 KB, 512x383) Image search: [Google]
cat-like_typing_detected.jpg
28 KB, 512x383
>>17475821
>>
Back in early 2013, my boyfriend and I moved into an apartment together. It was on the bottom floor, and faced a heavily wooded area. It was almost like a little dungeon, really dark and stuff. Anyways, we got a pretty good deal on it and because we needed somewhere to live, we thought it was great.

Day after we move in, we got a cat. He was about 9 mths old at the time, super playful, etc. Bought all sorts of toys for him, made him feel welcome. In the dining room, we have these larger cabinets that were almost on floor level. In the left hand corner, where the cabinet met the wall, there was a small gap, almost like if someone didn't put baseboard there. Didn't bother us (this apartment unit wasn't in the best shape, but whatever).

Playing with kitten, throwing toys and shit. A toy flies into that weird corner, and kitten runs over to get it. He freezes when he's almost there, and kind of squats down on all fours, and does this meow/growl noise. Decides not to get the toy and runs off. Boyfriend and I just think he's being silly and think nothing of it.

Because of my job I was home a lot with the kitten while my boyfriend was at work. I spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing, getting rid of stuff we didn't need, etc. I would put things down and come back and they wouldn't be there (I put these objects in places that the kitten couldn't reach, so I knew it wasn't him). I would usually chalk it up to maybe I missplaced it or something, but I never found these objects again, so that was a bit weird to me.

One night was cuddling with kitten (boyfriend was out of town), we were cuddling in the bedroom. Hear what sounds like cat food being poured onto the floor. Go into kitchen, and the kitten's food bowl has been flipped over, food all over the floor. Kitten follows me out, gets all weird and gets all poofy like cats do when they get angry.

I have more stories of this apartment, lived there for about 2 years and shit just got weirder.
>>
Hi guys, i had some videos of one of my best friend in college in her house and her dogs starts barking and running inside her room, then i light pass the camera however i dont know how to do a webm. If someone explain it to me i can deliver.
>>
File: 1456380570074.jpg (29 KB, 400x376) Image search: [Google]
1456380570074.jpg
29 KB, 400x376
>>17475828
>I have more stories of this apartment, lived there for about 2 years and shit just got weirder.
>>
>>17473018
is that u digimanz
>>
>>17459517
Anon knows what's up
>>
>>17473018
>bible black ftw

Bump
>>
Sorry if this turns out to be too long of a post, but I went home for the summer last year, and I'm pretty sure that something was going on at the house.

I was sitting on the couch late at night with our small dog, and she was sleeping happily as I watched Netflix. My mom was asleep, so the house was quiet. The dog jolted up and looked suspiciously at the door, so I though that my older brother had come home. Suddenly, the door handle jiggled violently and quickly as if someone were testing to see if it was locked, which it was. The dog started going apeshit, but I still assumed it was my brother, and tried to calm her down.

Then, I thought that my bro was taking a long time to come in, so I looked out the window and nothing/no one was there. The jiggling and the barking occurred again, but I never saw anything.

For the duration of the summer after that, the dog acted weird as shit. She would normally sleep with my mom quietly, but she started whining all night. She suddenly became afraid of the dark, and slept huddled on the bathmat beside a nightlight. She would spend the night scratching at my door, and if I let her in to sleep with me, she would freak out as soon as the lights were out and stand over me barking. When I turned the lights on, she'd just look around frantically and did this in my mom's room too. Sometimes she would growl and stare at a fixed point despite nothing being there.

Then, she suddenly returned to normal one day and we haven't had anymore issues.
>>
File: Snapchat-3046665721512347539.jpg (524 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3046665721512347539.jpg
524 KB, 1440x2392
My cat also meows really loud and kinda freaks out whenever me or my wife go into the bathroom. Our house is kinda old and some guy hung himself in that same bathroom back in the 80s.

Pic related. Its my car.
>>
File: image.jpg (633 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
633 KB, 2048x1536
>>17441429
Is that a corgi mix?

I have a corgi

Pic related
>>
>>17441429
My friends cat hissed at his topleft corner in his room when his grandmother died like everyday and everytime the cat was in his room
Note: he was really close to his grandmother
>>
>>17476206
Weird how something like that would start so suddenly and stop just as abruptly.

>>17476242
>Pic related. Its my car.

Cute. It's sleek and compact, but I hear they only get up to about 30 MPH or so with few safety features.
>>
>>17476294
Ha I just saw that.
>>
>>17475828

About 6 months later we got a second cat, he was about a month old. (Our first cat is named Charlie, and the new cat is named Jack). Really playful, loved to play fetch. I was throwing his toy and it went into that weird corner, and unlike Charlie he ran right up to the corner and was about to grab his toy, but instead just starting hissing, getting all upset and shit, and then proceeded to cry. I went to pick him up and move him away, and he ran away and hid under the bed for about two or three days. After that he wouldn't really go into the dining room area.

About 6 months later it was getting into winter, and it was always raining and stormy outside. Lots of tree branches breaking, power going out, etc. One afternoon the power went out, but only in our unit, which was weird. Our neighbors across from us had power, so did all of the others in the complex. Right before the power went out, I heard this horrible, loud 'eeeeee-EEEEE' noise, followed by a huge thump. Both cats got all poofy and angry, and hid under the bed with their ears back. I was spooked, and checked to see if maybe a breaker had popped, but nothing. I decided to go outside and drive to the store. When I came back about an hour later, the power was on, but the cats were weird. Every little noise scared them, and they rarely left under the bed.

One night my boyfriend and I were out on the back deck (which faced the woods), and having a cig. I heard that 'eee-EEE' noise again, this time from the woods. Thinking maybe it was coyotes, I wasn't too alarmed. Then it happened again, but a lot closer. We decided to go inside and I went to lay on the bed and watch out the window (the window faced the deck, so I could get a perfect view). I had left the deck light on, and first saw these huge eyes in the bushes closest to the deck. At first I thought it was a cougar, but I kept looking at it and they were much, much larger than that. Then the light on the deck blew
Cont...
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (2 MB, 2425x3154) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
2 MB, 2425x3154
>>17476561

It literally exploded (we had to replace the covering for the fixture as well). That spooked me, and I just decided to not look outside anymore.

Two weeks later my boyfriend went on a trip with his dad for about 10 days. I worked most of the days so I didn't have a lot of time to be home. I had the day off the day before my boyfriend got back. We hadn't had any storms lately, and it had been a really nice, sunny day. I was cleaning the apartment (cleaned a lot because of kitties), and was working in the bedroom. The cats were asleep on the bed, and I was doing laundry when I heard a loud thud, followed by a weird popping noise. It was coming from the kitchen, so I went to check it out. I walked around the corner into the dining room and saw this (pic related), and it was just so fucking weird. So I took a picture before moving the chair back to its rightful place. The cats moved from the bed and started running around all crack-eyed and freaking out. I decided to leave the apt again and see a friend, as I was getting freaked out.

I came back at night (maybe 8 pm), and made dinner and watched tv. The cats were pretty calm now. I went back to the bedroom to get some sleep (it was about 11 or so), and started drifting off when I heard a scratching noise. At first I thought it was one of the cats scratching the couch, but then I realized it was coming from outside. The cats were asleep on the bedroom floor, but now they were staring at the front door. The scratching continued, even louder, like something trying to get in the front door. I jumped out of bed, and grabbed my phone, thinking maybe it was someone trying to break in (neighborhood was sorta sketchy). Then whatever it was starting scratching harder, and slamming themself against the door. I ran over and looked through the peep hole, and there was nothing there.Then the scratching came from the back door.
>>
>>17476250
nope, full blooded German Shepherd
cute pupper
>>
>>17476629
any more?
>>
>>17473525
Oscar killed them all and the fucker never got caught.
>>
>>17476629

I was kind of terrified, so I went back into the bedroom and hid. The cats were in the living area, hissing and pacing around. The scratching stopped after about a minute or two. I waited about 5 min, and went and looked through the blinds. Nothing was out there.

I didn't sleep a whole lot that night, I was just feeling paranoid.

About a week later, my boyfriend had just gotten off work, and was scrounging around the fridge to find something to make for dinner. The lightbulb that is inside the fridge exploded, sending glass everywhere, and damaging the part that connected it to the inside of the fridge. It cut up my boyfriend's hand, and we were started since the bulb was new.

But this was the creepiest incident. My boyfriend was playing video games in our living room. He was sitting in our green chair, and I was laying on the floor, facing the TV. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw someone walk from the bedroom into the living room. I turned slightly and caught almost all of it; it was tall, white face, long black hair, and wearing a black and white striped shirt. It had no facial features, no eyes or mouth or nose, and looked plastic-y. I didn't see the lower half of it, as it disappeared once I completely turned to see it.
>>
File: disgust maximum.png (269 KB, 459x360) Image search: [Google]
disgust maximum.png
269 KB, 459x360
>>17441429
>those legs
>those fucking toes
>>
>>17477942

After seeing that 'thing', the cats got really weird. They both stopped eating, and they would only lay underneath the bed, curled up and looking sick. After four days of that, we took them to the vet, and the vet couldn't find anything wrong with them. They were like this for almost a week and a half- two weeks, and they slowly started to snap out of it. Things kind of went back to normal for awhile. Nothing spooky happened, no scratching or things tipping over.

About two months before our lease was up, we had another odd incident. My brother came to visit for about a week. We usually stayed up late and played video games, but one night we had eaten too much and were feeling sick so we decided to go to bed early. My brother would sleep in the living room, and my boyfriend and the cats and I would sleep in our bedroom, usually with the door closed. In the middle of the night, our youngest cat Jack started crying and scratching at the bedroom door profusely. The other cat could have cared less. Jack tore up carpet trying to get out, and started to sound really upset. I thought he was just being needy (he's kind of special), so I brought him to bed and we cuddled. He was alert all night.

The next morning, I woke up about 8 am. My boyfriend was still asleep, but my brother was awake. He seemed like he had been awake awhile. He told me he had been up since about 3 am, as it sounded like someone was tapping on the window. He went and pulled the blinds up, and as he described it there were these huge reflective eyes staring at him. They instantly faded into the forest after he pulled open the blinds. He said that awhile later, he heard scratching from outside by the front door, but was too frightened at this point to look at it. Then he described that loud 'eee-EEE' noise, and the power went out with a loud popping sound. He decided that he didn't want to stay over at our place anymore after that.
>>
>>17477993

Our neighbors across the way had this cute little dog. It was always super friendly. One day the neighbor comes over asking if we had seen her dog. He had slipped through the door when it opened and ran outside. We told her that we hadn't, but we would keep our eyes opened.

We went out for a walk in the forest (it was fun to do when it was sunny out), and maybe a couple yards away from the apt we heard a weird sound. It sounded like flies. We got closer and it was our neighbor's dog. It was weird because it looked like the insides had been sucked out of it without any damage to the skin of the dog. It was creepy and sad at the same time. I never told the neighbors about it.

When our lease was up we got the fuck out of there. As far as I know nobody has rented the place either. We live in a different place, and our cats are totally fine, they never get poofy, hiss randomly, or hide under the bed anymore. I just think there was weirdness in that apartment, and the cats knew.
>>
File: IMG_5281.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5281.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
>>17441429
>woof woof what's for lunch lol

That being said, whenever one of my dogs would stare at an empty place in the room or bark at seemingly nothing, it creeped me out.

The only story I have involving me and my dog was when I was younger (~31), and I was alone in my parents' house because I was house-sitting for them.

It was the middle of the afternoon on a beautiful sunny summer day, and the dog and I were downstairs. As I walked past the stairs to the 2nd floor, an inhuman roar bellowed down from the top of the stairs.

The roar was incredibly loud. It didn't sound like a person or any animal I've ever heard. It was in a deep bass octave and lasted for all of two seconds.

My dog and I both froze and the hair on both of us was was standing on end. He was too scared to even bark.

After I snapped out of the fear, I checked upstairs. There was nothing there.

Pic related, the dog.
>>
>>17478018
Sounds more and more like roleplay, but still interesting stories. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>17445124
Oh yeah she was awake too. We both woke up at nearly the same time. She still talks about it to this day too.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.