[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spooky night drives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 1456403467197.jpg (74 KB, 608x456) Image search: [Google]
1456403467197.jpg
74 KB, 608x456
Spooky night drives. Road creepiness. Let's have it all.

I'll start.

>Be me about 9-10 years ago. (About 19)
>Me, my girlfriend at the time, our friend Tom and his friend Matt all really want to smoke some weed.
>It was a pretty warm, clear night. Didn't want to sit inside.
>We all get in my old, shitty, 1995 peugeot 107 and hit up my dealers house.
>He hooks me up with a nice Quarter and Tom and Matt buy a henry each.
>grab papers and cigarettes from the shop and decide to go to the lane where we would occasionally go. It is about 20 minutes outside of town, tiny country lane, the woods block off most of the light from the town too. So we can just sit on the roof and bonnet of the car and look at stars and talk shit. Like you do when you're high,
>drive down there and decide to take another lane off this one to go somewhere new
>drive for another 10 minutes and am well out into the middle of nowhere
>find a little clearing next to the road to park on, nothing but woods to one side and a field on our closest side over a hedge, the field is surrounded by woods
>Roll up a couple of fatties and sit on the car to smoke,
>nt worried about getting caught, no one uses these roads much and we were practically on a bend, we would see someones headlights light up the trees about half a mile before they took the bend and could see us.
>smoke a joint together and start hearing noises coming from the woods
>from the woods over the field, sounds like shouting,
>can even see a few lights shining around in there
>They start heading towards us
>they are still a long way off, and Tom and I are stood on the car to see over the hedge.
>figure they will turn when they see us here, just other people out with nothing to do just like us.
>they emerge from the trees, the torches are pretty powerful and reach us over the field. They start heading towards us

Cont incoming.
>>
>>17420221
>tell gf to get in the back with Matt while we watch these guys come towards us, I tell Matt to grab the tire iron from under my seat (just to be safe)
>as they get closer, we can see there about 6 of them
>I'm a pretty big guy, but 6 is a bit much
>Tom and I decide to get the fuck out and not bother with whatever they want from us
>Get in the car and talk for a second about what these guys might want (they are still about 150 metres away on the field)
>decide to just bail, find somewhere else to smoke
>start the engine and pull back onto the road, take the bend and stop dead
>there are about 8-9 people stood in the road blocking our way
>just standing, shining lights straight at the windscreen
>all just wearing black jeans and black hoodies
>cant see any faces, lights too bright, too much shadow
>look behind me and see that the little clearing is going to be taken up by the guys coming out of the woods very soon
>slam it into reverse and make the quickest three point turn of my life, gf and Matt getting hysterical, Tom is just fucused on the ones blocking the road.
>Tells me they are coming towards us
>the guys come out of the field and start towards the car just as i speed off.
>panic like crazy for about 2-3 minutes
>discuss who they might have been. decide to just follow the road and find somewhere else to smoke
>drive for about 10 more minutes down these terrible country roads and find another good spot to stop and smoke
>we're laughing about it now
>skin up and start smoking
>we're all teasing each other, "you were so scared" ect
>I out the radio on just as gf tugs my sleeve and points to something off into the woods, directly to the side of us, coming towards us
>people, 6 of them, with torches.
>cant be the same people
>start hearing shouting, sounds identical to what we heard before.
>They cant have walked through the woods and found us, I was doing 60 for a dangerous amount of time on these roads while driving away, would take them hours.
>>
>>17420242
>when they are about 150 metres away they break into a run towards us
>all pile in the car and have a heartstopping few seconds when I think the stupid piece of shit wont start
>starts up, peel out back the way we came.
>can see others in the woods with torches as we drive past.
>all seem to be gravitating towards the car
>the most freaked out i have ever been in my life.
>drive all the way home and wonder what the fuck was happening.
>found somewhere else to smoke after that.

I have moved away from the area now, but heard some pretty weird stories from other people about that road and those woods.
>>
>>17420221
bump
>>
Bampo
>>
>>17420249
Stop smoking PCP.
>>
>>17420221
Got anymore stories nignog?
Also, where did this happen at?
>>
File: 8se4WX3.jpg (114 KB, 875x474) Image search: [Google]
8se4WX3.jpg
114 KB, 875x474
I'm an idiot and posted this in the old thread instead of here.
>>
>>17420221
>>17420242

You ever notice how the vast majority of these stories or any stories on /x/ have drugs involved? Like "I was at a party and having a few beers," or "we passed a joint around."

Yeah. That happens for a reason. Your higher brain functions are fucked up, even if you don't notice it fully at the time. Add in group hysteria along with an eighth grade education/reasoning skills and you have yourself a greentext.
>>
>Used to walk long distances with my dad late at night
>We had a back country circular road called the loop that whisked through a roughly 20 mile stretch
>Mostly forest. Lousiana swamp muck and forest
>Dad, in his eternal cajun accent lamented a lot
>"Damn fuckin diamond backs and moccasins" he'd curse
>"Wish Ai had a fucken elephant gun so I could platter them gat damn sunsabitches"
>Dad's a fucking hick btw
>So shit's pitch black; can't see shit
>Suddenly hear a tsk tsk tsk and a huge wailing SCRAAYYYAACH
>Father gets pissed the fuck off, we hear a rattle
>He picks up a 10 foot highly venomous diamond back rattler, beats it against concrete almost 7 or eight time
>I can hear it's skull crush
>He rips it's raddler off with his teeth, turns around seven times, and then crushes it's head with his boot and lights it on fire
You all don't fuck with superstitious hicks now mmk?
>>
File: 1432686689092.png (127 KB, 350x251) Image search: [Google]
1432686689092.png
127 KB, 350x251
>driving through Kentucky to visit my parents
>out in the sticks, lots of woods and un paved roads out to their desolate house
>pretty spooky and easy to get lost
>didn't grow up here, but we moved when I was in my late teens
>despite my age my parents told me never to go walking on the paths alone, at night, or unarmed
>there's meth heads, Satanists, cults, witches, yoggie bear in them hills boy
>always thought it was to keep my dumb teenage ass out of shenanigans
>never so much aside from normal weird stuff like ghost stories or the occasional crime you hear about on the news
>anyway, driving back to town to get on the main highway to get the hell out of dodge
>weaving through the woods when I see a dude just walking right in the middle of the road
>he looks all beat up, nose bleeding and his eyes all bugged out
>no this isn't a skinwalker story, its a meth head ive seen them before
>dudes making growling movements with his jaw but no sound is coming out until I get cose and he starts laughing
>try to swerve around him but have to go slowly so I don't put my car in the side ditch, especially with this dude here
>floor it and about a half mile up the road I see a crashed car on fire off to the side of the road
>call the cops, keep driving

not really spooky but its probably my most scary driving story. Also when I stopped for gas in town Ii saw a bloody hand print smear all down the side of my car and awkwardly washed it off so people wouldn't see. Stay in school and don't do drugs kids
>>
>>17421529
Le cool.
>>
>>17420249
When you say torches do you mean flashlights like the europes say or actual old school torches like that have been used all throughout time? Makes a big difference. Flashlights are not as scary.
>>
>>17421418
>marijuana makes you hallucinate cults in the woods
Mmmm I don't think so Tim. Protip: 99% of stories are made up for ENTERTAINMENT
>>
>>17422308
torches = flashlights

not as scary, but still pretty unsettling.
>>
>>17420363
not many driving ones. a couple from my exploring days and my brother has one that he told me from when he went to bulgaria.

This was in the vast wasteland that is Yorkshire.
>>
>>17421733
Meth-heads are scarier than skinjobs.
>>
>>17420286
>>17420314
Stop bumping niggers. These threads don't die that quick
>>
Driving through Oregon late at night
>driving around 1 AM
>on the highway going from WA to CA
>only car on a long stretch of road completely surrounded by trees
>pitch black outside aside from the piercing light of my highbeams
>everything is going good until..
>see this huge creature fly directly in front of the windshield, nearly two feet away from it colliding with the car
>it looked like a massive owl the size of a man
>it darted out from the forests
>it was grey and had massive wings
>I let out a scream and woke everyone up in the car, they ask me wtf happened
>>
File: 1452276982895.png (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452276982895.png
46 KB, 400x400
>>17420221
Nothing spooky ever happens on my night drives.
>>
>>17424008
This picture made me laugh like a madman and I don't know why.
>>
>>17424010
On the internet, nobody knows you're a car.
>>
>>17423987
What drugs were you on?
>>
>>17424318
All of them.
>>
>be young me
>spend time with family down at south part of country, which is more rural, 5 hours trip
>we return at nighttime, road is all dark
>there's a man riding an old motorcycle ahead of us, no helmet my uncle goes past him
>I look behind and the man has the most disfigure face I've ever seen, like he was sprayed with acid
>>
>driving home from sporting event, about 11:45 PM
>"fuck it, I want some Burger King"
>take the wrong exit by accident
>road is just a straight road with no buildings
>keep driving but can't find a place to turn
>no other cars on the road this entire time
>start getting a bad feeling
>do a k-turn right in the middle of the road
>after a short drive I notice buildings and connecting roads that weren't there before
>"...fuck this"
>keep driving forward, get on the highway, go home

I'm not sure if I was just tired or what, but I definitely did not remember seeing anything but a straight road going one way. I don't really want to think about where that road would've led me. I never saw a single car on the road either way I went, by the way.
>>
>>17423987
Mothman...
>>
>>17424670
Maybe he was. You should have helped him.
>>
>>17420242
anon, may I ask where you're from??? your speech pattern, from what I've read, sounds like you're from my neck of the woods.
>>
>>17423132
>>17426549
nvm, should've read the rest of the thread, found me answer. not from my area but your pretty close.
>>
>>17420221
post moar!
>>
>>17426571
>>17426549
This was in Yorkshire but i'm north lincs born and bred. Back there now.
>>
>>17426703
I have a pretty weird thing that happened back in my exploring/camping days. I'll type it up but it may take a bit, since I'm at work.

Usually gets pretty dead from now though, so i'll have some time
>>
Bumpity bump
>>
Lads I'm so glad you kept this thread alive. Saw it earlier and I'm finally in a place I can type this out.
I'll preface this with saying that I've seen two other UFO's, one before this experience that was absolutely incredible and one last summer that was just kind of lame lights moving in formation.
>20, headed to college from Austin to Lubbock
>usually took the drive from 7pm-1am because I like to speed
>leave parents house late, about 8pm
>drive is calm and normal, clear night, gusts of wind because cold front, stop 2 hours in to the drive to buy some chewing tobacco, a cup of coffee, and gas
>1.5 hours later I'm in the most rural part of the drive
>40 miles backwards to nearest town, 20 miles forwards to nearest town
>buttfuck nowhere, defined
>combo of Gatorade and gas station coffee has me needing a bathroom break
>pull over on the two lane highway in said BFE and decide to pop some tums and just piss, get out of my truck but leave keys in so I can hear NPR as I pee
>walk to middle of road because fuck it why not, PISSING IN THE PASSING LANE
>NPR broadcast gets scratchy and muffled
>"uh oh this is like a horror movie" as I zip my jeans
>walk to truck and see bright blue/white orb in mirror reflection
Now let me say, this area of central/west texas is full of oil wells and wind farms, so I'm thinking it's just lights from that. I worked in oil at the time
>ready to open door and hear metallic screech/grown sound
>figure it's a pump jack stopping
>all of a sudden bright light is directly overhead
>hop in truck, turn on, drove 98mph (limiter) into Winters, Texas.
>get a good burger, haul dick to the interstate 15 miles away
>get to my house in Lubbock at 2am and drink tequila
To this day I refuse to make the drive after dark. There's also a famous YouTube vid of an oil worker seeing a UFO in the same area.
>>
>>17429520
http://youtu.be/tRBkF6YsvuM
Here's the dude that saw a UFO in the AO I saw mine.
>>
have one where some weird fucking guy tried to climb in through my window while we were parked at this overlook thing.

just came out of the woods and tried to climb in screaming random shit at us
>>
File: TREX.jpg (98 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
TREX.jpg
98 KB, 960x720
>>17429726
>at 4:43 you can clearly see a giant T-rex size creature
ROFL just another nutjob
>>
> me and my roommate are bored after I picked him up from work.
> decide grab burger king and some nips if Jim beam( like 2 or 3 each not drunk)
> Just got new phone wanted to see how the video recording was at night.
> filming road waking side to side for some reason.
> film down in the ditch see blanket.
> lmao looks like a person in the fetal position.
> turn camera off keep joking
> finale walk over and look
> found a dead woman.
> we don't drink on that back road anymore
Not sure how to upload video but if thread is alive when I get home and if anyone's interested I'll upload. Also how to make WEBM?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (244 KB, 1167x555) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
244 KB, 1167x555
>>17431680
> grab burger king and some nips
>>
>>17431718
I'm white just drank ALLOT last summer
>>
>>17431731
>drank ALLOT

You should have stuck it out and finished grade school.
>>
>>17431738
Yeah probably but the white trash in me just couldn't figure out that book learning.
>>
>>17431680
nips as in nipples ooorrrr??????
>>
File: 1456721143722.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1456721143722.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>17420242
>I'm a pretty big guy
>>
>>17431762
The little one shot bottles at the liquor store Idk we call them nips never heard them called anything else
>>
>>17431680
No thanks, don't need to see the body of some poor dead woman.
>>
>Drive back from friend's house one night
>Roadworks are on and you always get stuck at the lights for ages
>Take le spooky shortcut that's a classic windy road on a hill
>Halfway up/down there's a fence either side and woodland
>Approach the middle
>White cloud about 10 feet above the road, no bigger than 2 feet in size completely stationary it was a totally calm night though so that's no surprise, must be fog coming in
>Drive under it
>Road ahead is completely clear
>Stop and look out the rear window
>It's still there
>Watch it for about 10 seconds
>Starts moving off to the side
>Dissipates all of a sudden

It was unbelievably soft looking though, like when you see big fluffy clouds it just looked so dense.

>Drive to same friends house other night
>Been out seconds and it starts pissing down like where you can't see out the windows
>Go down le spoopy road because I already know about the roadworks
>Is that a dude walking up?
>It is
>Looking down the way I'm going arguing with someone
>Slow down because I'm a nosey cunt
>Literally no one there just him
>Must be little scumbags that loiter around (normally throwing things off cars or putting things on the road etc)
>Slow down just in case
>No one there

It's such a strange little road. There's a GOAT little house for sale on it though and a gym inside the wood that's ideal for exploration since it closed.
>>
>>17422314
Not smoking the good shit eh?
>>
>>17424250
On the car, no one knows you're an internet.
>>
>>17424706
Its even worse when youre almost out of gas and aren't sure if you should continue forward or turn around.
>>
>>17420249
I must know OP where was this at?
>>
>>17431785
For you
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.