[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is enlightenment /x/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
What is enlightenment /x/?
>>
>>17358486

>KNEES ARE NOT TOUCHING THE GROUND.
>HUNCHED.
>FINGERS ARE NOT EXTENDED.

WHAT IS SHE EVEN DOING?
>>
she is posing for a picture so people will see how "Facebook spiritual" she is
>>
>>17358486
>What is enlightenment /x/?

Not what anybody thinks it is.
>>
>>17358486
Getting 10 pieces of chicken in your meal but you ordered the 8 count.
>>
>>17358500
>>17358521
It's a fucking stock photo. She's a model.
>>
>>17358542
That doesn't justify the improper pose.
>>
>>17358486
>What is enlightenment /x/?
Hyperpenis.
>>
>>17358486
a highly profitable market.
>>
>>17358486
synirc.net
chan is #2sp00p
>>
>>17358533
exactly, it is completely ineffable. It would be like trying to describe the color red to a blind man. The best one can do is metaphors, I'm interested in hearing some though
>>
>>17358486
Deathless unification with openess/Sunyata/the Tao.
>>
I'd say opening up your pineal gland, or third eye. Research Chakras and how to balance them with meditation
>>
>>17358486
Enlightenment is knowing that you know nothing.

The true idiot believes he knows it all.

>inb4 I know the secret
>>
It's actually a sin to explain enlightenment when you haven't reached it, just saying.
>>
I imagine from a scientific perspective enlightenment as the world sees it would most likely occur from a steady flow of natural dmt created in the pineal gland.
>>
>>17358500
Her sexy hotness overcomes this.
>>
Enlightenment is what happens when you take LSD and DMT my friend, trust me, I've been enlightened since the first time I did that, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, my travels through my own consciousness has shown me the true secrets of the universe , you cannot fathom the things I have witnessed.

>>17359068
That's not true at all senpai.
>>
File: 40892_ori.jpg (18 KB, 280x250) Image search: [Google]
40892_ori.jpg
18 KB, 280x250
>>17359532
DUDE
>>
>>17358486
Pleroma
>>
>>17358500
Your knees don't have to touch the ground and your hands don't have to be a certain way.

3/10 got me to reply.
>>
Why do you ask minds about enlightenment? When enlightenment is exactly the opposite.
Ask the source personally, who would you trust more?
Try the ritual described here : >>17353520
>>
>>17359594
>Your knees don't have to touch the ground...

YES, IF THE MEDITATION PROCESS IS TO OCCUR.

>... and your hands don't have to be a certain way.

YES, IF THE MUDRA IS TO FUNCTION AT ALL; THAT IS IN WHAT MUDRA FORMATION CONSISTS: PUTTING ONE'S HANDS AND FINGERS IN A CERTAIN MANNER.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
>>
>>17358486
At least the last chick in the OP was hot, this one looks like a retards retarded cousin
>>
>>17359668
>YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
Aren't we all anon.
>>
>>17359668
Mudras are nothing more than things to aid in getting your brain into a meditative state. If your brain learns to assign a certain hand formation with a certain state of mind, you will be able to get into the state of mind easier when using the mudra.
Mudras are not universal. They are individually determined.
>>
>>17359748
>Mudras are nothing more than things to aid in getting your brain into a meditative state. If your brain learns to assign a certain hand formation with a certain state of mind, you will be able to get into the state of mind easier when using the mudra.

SUCH REGARD FOR MUDRAS IS TYPICAL OF SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER SUCCESSFULLY FORMED A MUDRA, OR ENGAGED IN MEDITATION WHILST PERFORMING A MUDRA.

EVEN IF MUDRAS WERE MERE MEDITATION FACILITATORS, FOR THEM TO FUNCTION DISTINCT AND FIXED GESTURES WOULD BE REQUIRED, OTHERWISE ANY ARBITRARY FINGER GESTURE COULD BE CALLED A "MUDRA".

>Mudras are not universal. They are individually determined.

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?
>>
>>17358486
Based on my knowledge, it's the ability to maintain balance between your thoughts and your feelings. Perfect harmony between the two allow one to involve themselves completely in the present moment. As a result, they release resistance to "what is". They are completely allowing towards the present moment
Simply being in the here and now is the key to realizing eternal life. The present has no timescale. The present is all that is and always is.
The more permanent something is, the more lifeless it becomes. By always being in the present you are constantly being reborn. You are infinite.

This is my idea of enlightenment.
>>
>>17359764
every body posture is a mudra, you fucking idiot. prana flows through every movement, through every posture. mudra, which means seal, seals or locks or directs prana into a certain channel or meridian. different mudras have different effects, but there is no right or wrong mudra. that guyan mudra in op's pic is just fine. if she moved it slightly, she'd shift her energy flow and it would just fine too. if she locked off her perineum by getting into more of a lotus and pushed her knees to the ground that would be just fine too. each mudra allows a different god to enter into your body and puts you into the pranic sphere of that god; each god has many faces, many shapes and many aspects, many degrees which can be reached by altering mudras slightly. every shape a human being can make with his hands and bodies is a mudra, including evil shapes. her shape is just fine.

>inb4 a bunch of ignorant bluster from someone who clearly has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>>17359764
What I meant by, "Mudras are not universal" is; there is no cosmic truth that determines "this mudra does A, and this other mudra does B.

Please educate yourself and stop acting like an angsty 16 year old who knows everything.
>>
>>17359783
>every body posture is a mudra, you fucking idiot. prana flows through every movement, through every posture. mudra, which means seal, seals or locks or directs prana into a certain channel or meridian. different mudras have different effects, but there is no right or wrong mudra. that guyan mudra in op's pic is just fine. if she moved it slightly, she'd shift her energy flow and it would just fine too. if she locked off her perineum by getting into more of a lotus and pushed her knees to the ground that would be just fine too. each mudra allows a different god to enter into your body and puts you into the pranic sphere of that god; each god has many faces, many shapes and many aspects, many degrees which can be reached by altering mudras slightly. every shape a human being can make with his hands and bodies is a mudra, including evil shapes. her shape is just fine.

>le everything is relative & subjective; everything is ok, nothing is wrong!! :^)

>>17359792

CERTAINTY DOES NOT NECESSARILY IMPLY, OR ENTAIL KOSMIC TRUTH, BUT IT DOES NECESSARILY ENTAIL DISTINCTNESS; DIFFERENT MUDRAS HAVE DIFFERENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS; JUST BECAUSE YOU CANNOT LEARN, OR CANNOT SUCCESSFULLY PRACTICE, DOES NOT ENTAIL THAT THE GESTURES ARE MEANINGLESS.
>>
>>17359863
I never said the gestures were meaningless. I clearly implied that the user is the one who determines the gestures' meanings.
>>
>>17359869

THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS.
>>
>>17359902
Pls stop shouting
>>
>>17359902
Why so certain?
>>
>>17358486
enlightenment is eventually Jesus Christ
>>
>>17359961
Christ consciousness is equivalent to enlightenment.
>>
Abiding non-dual consciousness.
>>
File: JMAqoln.png (42 KB, 960x886) Image search: [Google]
JMAqoln.png
42 KB, 960x886
>>17358486
Who gives a fuck.

By asking what "it" is you're asking for a definition of a personal experience.

A better question would be - "how can I experience enlightenment ...if there even is such a thing and it isn't just a load of newage bullshit?"

In my experience it has to do with realizing that medatada is also data. Thoughts aka "maps" which you use to create objects that help you navigate in this reality are part of this reality. A bunch of "realizations" like that. Sounds philosophical because it is, most people don't care about this.

Realizing all past is a memory, all future is a simulation.

Realizing the identity you carry around is completely arbitrary, you can mold it to your liking, or if you want identify with the universe looking at itself through "your" eyes.

Of course I could be full of shit. I don't really give a fuck fuck you.

Especially fuck the hippies, new age'ists, and the religious.

Eat dick, all of you.
>>
>>17359973
No resplies to my post? holy shit i must have impressed you guys.

Guys im a buddha suck on my fat cock. My jizz if swallowed will make you enlightened LOL.

Holy shit im literally euphoric right now.

Top ebin fukin lel.
>>
>>17359863
lol fucking buttblasted tripfag i just meditate while lying on the back. the important thing is the result - getting into certain state of mind.
>>
Find your own light in yourself.

Find the peace. The freedom. The real you.
>>
>>17358486
self-induced
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization
>>
>>17358486
Give me money and I'll tell you.
>>
Do many people fall into the trap of over conceptualizing enlightenment?
>>
Just going to say this. nobody on 4chan is enlightened nobody on 4chan will ever be. You are looking and asking about it in the wrong place.
>>
>>17361328
youd be suprise
>>
Its a window manager, why would you want that shit? It's better to go with windows
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (41 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
41 KB, 569x428
>>17358486
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment

Being skeptical of bullshit. /x/ isn't a very enlightened board, but /sci/ is.
>>
>>17359902
*THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS FOR ME

don't worry. I corrected it.

Don't forget you live in a matrix, friend. GG
>>
Enlightenment is Knowledge. It's constantly gained. To accept the things you do not know is to become enlightened. To become aware That the duality is the true oneness is to become enlightened.
>>
>>17361328
One should accept a good wife from a bad family, gold from an impure location, and wise words from a fool.
>>
>>17358742
The people on this planet are under the intense illusion of separation from the universe. The senses on the chemical vehicle that we now inhabit makes it very difficult to break through this veil and truly sense the oneness within the universe. This is further handicapped by the fact that logic alone does not possess the capabilities needed to even approach totality within the spectrum of balance. All enlightenment really is, is an extended period of time where you experience the death of your separate self (ego) and break the illusion of separation from the whole infinity. Once this happens it is irreversible and the entity will either stay on this planet to help in service or immediately cease their reincarnation to begin work in the next density of experience. There exists another form of enlightenment which is more vivid in nature but the one most religions and myths of old describe is the one I just typed about. Both are incredibly rare. There are probably less than 500 people enlightened today. The rest are slaves to their infatuated ego while reaching close to enlightenment but coming short due to the ego tricking itself into believing it has already reached the true light. The ego will do anything it can to prevent its death, going as far as to guise as the light itself.
>>
>>17359765
Very good, I don't want to seem like my opinion actually matters but the way you described it is well educated and quite observant. You are right in that the present is all there is, infact all of time has already existed in a way and in another time doesn't exist at all. One key is of preserving the constant conscious of yourself on the third-plane of existence which you described as always being in the present. Another is of the relocation of the alter ego to the backseat of the outer consciousness allowing your true holy spirit take over in a sense. Enlightenment is by no means the end goal of the great universal evolution but on this plane of existence it is quite attractive however rarely reached.
>>
>>17361480
Duality is nothing more than the manifestation of Finite principles within a previously Infinite Whole. It was the first distortion following the big bang as our scientists like to call it. This fake universe is based upon finite concepts and the usage of symbols in all forms in order to exponentially gain intelligent experience. One should pay more close attention to the one infinite whole instead of the duality or separation that this universe is manifested from. Think about it all things in this universe are based upon separation. From the big bang (nothingness or infinity or whole into many-ness) to atoms rearranging in the form of energy exchange to stars exploding and creating planets to planets housing chemical life that increasingly separates more and more until it is what we call the bipedal human which consists of billions of cells all separate but whole in way. That is the truth of this universe, it is hidden in infinite forms and symbols but the universe is whole and infinite. Finite as a concept is simply an illusion.
>>
>>17359748
This
>>
>>17358486
In wat sence , because jains did it first and thats not fun for any1
>>
>>17359902
Let's be real here

Good meditation posture is always a plus, but it is ultimately arbitrary. Yes, I said it. You can meditate lying on your back or sitting in a chair and get good results.
>>
>>17361707
I like what you said but
>There are probably less than 500 people enlightened today
I'd honestly guess there are many more than that. Still quite rare, but probably in the tens of thousands
>>
>>17358742
You want a metaphor? This is the best one >>17358538
>>
File: feels.png (7 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
7 KB, 645x773
>>17358768
feels immortal man
>>
File: nigra.png (52 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
nigra.png
52 KB, 300x100
>>17359532
>>
>>17359532
I could take a poopy that has more depth and spiritual understanding than your fried druggie brain hallucinated.
>>
>>17362427
This guy gets it
>>
>>17361262
Big time! Lots of people have tricked themselves into believing they attained it and its clear they haven't. Bunch of fakes on youtube. Seen 2 or 3 legit ones though.
>>
>>17361338
he be suprise
>>
>>17362382
yup coming from someone who has experienced the deepest enlightenment this is totally true.
>>
>>17362991
Liar, then you wouldn't think you've gone the deepest. You'd know there's still much more.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300 KB, 800x854) Image search: [Google]
holy spirit.jpg
300 KB, 800x854
>>17363155
The deepest a human can experience. Seemingly infinite bliss. Pari Nirvana I imagine is literal infinite bliss but only happens after death. In the tradition I follow theres prana (energy) kundalini which Ive been aware of for years. Cit (consciousness) kundalini which is what I experience in full once upon a time and lesser manifestations of it once in awhile like for the past day. Para (highest) kundalini is a universal kundalini and can not be experienced while in a finite being.
>>
>>17358486
accepting resistance
>>
>>17361707
Lee Bladon? Is that you?

I knew you went on this board
>>
>>17358486
When you realize the You does not originate from your Flesh.

More down to earth terms: When You realize you are a consicousness within a Human shell.
>>
>>17359532
DUDEDRUGSLMAO

Does your "enlightenment" tend to leave when you come down?
>>
>>17359590
This. When God starts giving you Pleromic abilities thats when you know you're enlightened. But know that it is not your doing.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.