[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greentext wood/night at gas station stories? OC also welcome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 19
File: 1454116638396.gif (985 KB, 490x381) Image search: [Google]
1454116638396.gif
985 KB, 490x381
Greentext wood/night at gas station stories?

OC also welcome
>>
>>17352429

Where is this from?
>>
I found an actual exorcisms for you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYYnDEOxWxY
>>
>>17353966

Mama
>>
>>17353967
rofl
>>
>>17353967
this is pretty much all of /x/ in 2 and a half minutes.
>>
>>17353967
/X/: The Movie
>>
>>17352429
I worked graveyard at a gas station for a year and if anything scary happens you'll be too god damned wrapped up in restocking and cleaning you wouldn't notice.
>>
File: 1455437212690.jpg (32 KB, 450x432) Image search: [Google]
1455437212690.jpg
32 KB, 450x432
>>17352429
My grandpa worked pumping gas for people back when they did that shit, he'd sit out next to the pump all night and said he fell asleep pretty often wait in for customers

>grandpa is working in south carolina, sleeping against gas pump
>is shaken violently awake by a woman, it's gotta be 3 in the morning
>she's screeching that her husband was in an accident,they need help
>he jumps up, runs inside station to grab shotgun cuz it's the 60s
>runs back outside with gun, woman sees gun and takes off, waving her arms franticly above her head
>ford speeds up out of fucking nowhere,she jumps in and they speed off
>tfw you almost get killed by crazy rednecks
>>
Anyone have the really creepy one about the old woman with the gloves and the automatic door wouldnt work for her, and she kept trying to get the cashier to come out from behind the desk?
>>
File: 1434671488104.png (302 KB, 934x1136) Image search: [Google]
1434671488104.png
302 KB, 934x1136
>>17356615
Bit late here, but I think this is it.
>>
>>17356992
I feel retarded for not getting this one. Is she some sort of demon or entity? Is she a vampire (the sunglasses, needing to be invited in) or are there any superstitions relating to ghosts that I'm forgetting? Or am I just overthinking it and her mysterious nature is what makes the story creepy?
>>
>>17354936
when we were kids anytime we drove near this airport community. Some truck would come out of no where and follow us around. Pretty sure it was following us cause I would take all kinds of weird turns and it would just stay behind us.
>>
>>17353969
I just killed a man
>>
>>17357126
I never really thought about, I would just go with it being a mystery.

I have to say though, I like the vampire idea. Maybe she turned into a bat and flew away, so that's why all her clothes were on the ground by the guy's car.
>>
>>17357251
thought about it*

just
>>
>>17352429
I didn't notice this was a gif and almost had a heartattack.
>>
>>17357221
Put a gun against his head
>>
>>17357687
Pull the trigger now hes dead!!!
>>
I got one for you guys.

>out camping with friends in BWCA, which is known for its size and remoteness
>been coming here since I was a kid, know all the lakes and great campsites
>first night on trail, wake up from incredibly realistic dream
>in the dream, I'm in the tent and it's near pitch black
>I sit up and look around
>notice my friend Dan is staring at me, wide eyed and clearly afraid of something
>hear footfalls outside the tent, Dan looks towards the tent door
>Dan looks back at me, and says
>"Anon... That's not one of us. That's not human."
>wake up in real life
>everyone is asleep, the sun has just risen
>unzip tent and step outside to piss
>there are footprints surrounding the campsite, lots of matted down grass, etc
>shrug it off and figure it was just a weird dream (i always have crazy vivid dreams when i go camping)

Shit gets weirder from here, but there's no conclusion to this story. No mystery is solved. I have a few journal entries that I can take pictures of and post, just give me a minute.
>>
File: IMG_1846.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1846.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>17357838
Here's the first night's journal post.

During the day I never really noticed anything out of the ordinary. We had decent weather, I was outdoors, we had hot food and a dry tent. I was just happy to be outside.

It was always at night and in dreams that things got stranger.

>dream from night 2 of the trip
>our group is paddling on the water and talking, laughing, singing, etc
>every portage we get to, someone seems to meld into our group without us noticing
>they wear similar clothes, speak like us, laugh with us, but otherwise attempt to draw as little attention as possible
>by the time we reach our final lake to canoe through for the day's planned route, our canoes are low to the water from all the weight of people we're carrying
>finally notice that these people weren't with us at the start of the day
>yell at them to leave, they don't belong with us, etc
>they look at me deadpan and silently slip out of our canoes and back into the water
>they kind of "slither" as they get out of the canoes
>they swim straight down and disappear

I'll post the journal entry from night 2 in my next post. I didn't really record the dreams in much detail because we had to pack up and leave early and quickly every morning to make the distance we wanted to make. It was august in the BWCA and that's big tourist season, so there's some competition for campsites.

Sorry for the horrible handwriting.
>>
File: IMG_1848.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1848.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>17357912
I'm going to skip to day 4 / night 4. Night 3 isn't related to the strange events that happened during the trip.

>day 4
>long day across the water after getting a bit lost on day 3 and having to get back on track (I was letting one of my green friends navigate so he could get some experience)
>paddle through lots of recent burn zone
>charred trees, dead grass, bare rocks, creepy shit etc
>get to camp a bit later than usual, but in good spirit albeit very tired
>discover crayfish hole, friend starts whittling a spear to stab one for dinner
>ends up slicing his thumb open with his knife and we patch him up, but not before he bleeds all over everything
>lots of whiskey passed around
>eat dinner, pass out

Will continue to night 4 in the next post. Here's the journal entry from night 2. I'll post a picture of my friend's thumb for proof of battle wounds.
>>
File: IMG_1850.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1850.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>17357983
>night 4
>wake in middle of the night
>friend next to me is staring at me, seem to have awoken at the same time
>he whispers, "listen"
>realize why i woke up, can distinctly hear footfalls outside the tent
>definitely not one of us, can hear the breathing of the other two guys next to me
>whatever it is, it's right next to the tent now
>can feel its presence
>smells bad. smells horrible. like rotten fish and dried pike weed
>can see the fear in friends eyes, we are both seasoned campers but this is something we have NEVER seen or heard of before
>things moves away from the tent towards the tree where we hung our food pack
>listen for a while, it investigates the food then turns back toward the tent and leaves
>as it moves past, smell the dead fish smell again
>hear multiple other things move away from the campsite back towards the water
>silence, then fall asleep
>wake up later to the sound of wolves howling, friend also wakes up to it
>staring at each other again
>he whispers, "if they come back, we might have to go out there."
>fall asleep again
>wake up and begin journaling, at first thinking both the campsite visitation and the howling were both dreams
>after short discussion with friend who woke up with me, I realize they weren't dreams, but chalk up the visitation to be just a hungry wolf pack

During the trip, it was really hard for me to notice how strange these events really were, as I absolutely love the outdoors and was having a blast paddling canoes all day.

The strange dreams end with my next post, but there were a few other events worth noting that I'll describe.
>>
File: burn zone.jpg (102 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
burn zone.jpg
102 KB, 960x640
>>17358072
Scratch that, I'll post a few pics from the trip first.

Here's what the burn zone looked like.
>>
File: battle scarred.jpg (51 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
battle scarred.jpg
51 KB, 960x640
>>17358089
Here's my friend's thumb all wrapped up the day of the visitation.
>>
File: misty morning 5-1.jpg (45 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
misty morning 5-1.jpg
45 KB, 960x640
>>17358099
Here's what the lake looked like on morning 5, right after the visitation. The heaviest fog we had on the trip by far. It was even thicker before we took the photo.
>>
File: bone found morning 5.jpg (157 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
bone found morning 5.jpg
157 KB, 960x640
>>17358102
We also found an old moose bone underneath our pack tree the night after the visitation. We joked that the wolves had left us a nice bone to chew on.
>>
>>17358107
Cool OC Anon thanks!
>>
>>17357912
Were you familiar with skinwalkers before this dream?
>>
>>17358099
cool story anon, love the BWCA myself.
>>
>>17353969
>>17357221
>>17357687
>>17357693
simply ebin
>>
File: surrounded 5-1.png (1 MB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
surrounded 5-1.png
1 MB, 960x640
>>17358107
Okay, back to the story.
I re-read and looked at the photos of our trip and almost messed up some of the story's order before I posted this. I'm typing this as I go.

>day 5
>paddle upstream on a narrow river
>reach campsite earlier than expected, end up laying around with lots of free time
>everyone is reading quietly or playing cards etc when I hear a noise
>more footfalls around the campsite
>hear two creatures moving
>can tell by pace of footfalls that they are walking on two feet
>pace goes, pat pat pat pat, stop. pat pat pat pat, stop
>in the middle of an old burn zone, campsite is surrounded by short, shrubby trees that block a clear view
>everyone in camp is listening now, knives out and waiting
>I climb a nearby dead tree to see what I can, but the brush is too thick to see through from above
>feel like I'm being watched
>after a few minutes, I climb down and join the rest of the guys
>hear footfalls for a bit longer, fading away from camp
>group chalks it off to being two curious bears, "this is the wilderness after all"

Continuing soon.

Pic shows the tree i climbed (red bark on the right) and the thick shrubs that surrounded our campsite
>>
>>17358072
>>17357983
>>17357912
>>17357838

Had an almost identical experience over two nights in Banff National park with something outside my tent stomping. It was clearly a hoof, and the second night there were two different entities. I could feel them looking at me through my tent, and they felt fucking malevolent.

On the dawn second night one of them had moved a giant log/stump (kind used for cutting logs) to about 5 feet directly infront of the entrance to my tent. Totally got the vibe it was meant as an altar and they wanted an offering.

I noped the fuck out of there quick.

The entire camp ground was surrounded in a fucking 5 foot grizzly electrified fence.

For note and reference this was 2007 and there was absolutely no smell at all.
>>
File: vistation site.jpg (142 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
vistation site.jpg
142 KB, 960x640
>>17358112
Thanks for reading, friend. I'm not done quite yet.

>>17358144
Yes and no. These pictures are from 2015, and I've been using 4chan and /x/ since around 2012. I knew what they were, but didn't get into /x/ and spooky stuff before I re read my journal entries and thought about some weird events on our trip.

>>17358157
Awesome! I hope my story doesn't ruin anything for you camping-wise. As far as I know, the BWCA doesn't have many spooky stories aside from a couple old ghost stories about forest rangers haunting Wenchell lake.

Here's another pic of the site that was visited, this is what it looked like from the lake.
>>
File: 1308089404222.png (57 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1308089404222.png
57 KB, 252x221
>>17357912
>they kind of "slither" as they get out of the canoes
>they swim straight down and disappear
>>
File: IMG_1853.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1853.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>17358186
Amazing. It's awesome and scary to see that other people have had similar experiences as me. Where is Banff NP?

>>17358176
>night 7
>have a series of strange dreams
>one was unsettling to remember at the time, so i skimmed over it
>walking along St. Croix river in Wisconsin
>sandy beaches, sunny skies, nice breeze
>stumble upon old steamboat on the shore
>rotting, falling apart, covered in dead algae
>walk inside
>smells horrible, rotting fish etc
>make way to captains quarters
>naked man with back to me is standing there
>dripping wet, pale, bald, skin looks raisin-y like when you're in a pool for too long
>wake up

Pic is night 7 entries.
>>
>>17358192
what's the story on winchell? camped there for a few days last trip-- absolutely beautiful lake
>>
>>17358220
I know! Ive told my story on /x/ a few times ove rthe years, but whe nI read yours my jaw dropped! Whatever those things are/were I really believe they have something to do with all the missing people in national parks.

Glad you and your friends survived, because I honestly believe if I had stayed a third night I would not have.
>>
File: paddling 3.jpg (44 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
paddling 3.jpg
44 KB, 960x640
>>17358220
Just realized I forgot to post about day 7, our final full day on the water.

>day 7
>followed by single-person canoe all day
>other canoe doesn't come close to us when we reach portages, instead floats far off shore
>can't really get a good look at them, but figure they're being "minnesota nice" and trying to give us some space to portage quickly
>followed. all. day.
>person in canoe keeps up with us, never really leaves our sight, never says hi (fairly uncommon in BWCA, many campers are very friendly and like to chat)
>paddle with light rains and mists, very cold for august
>paddler disappears after we reach the lake we intended to camp on for our final night

Pic related is what our paddle looked like. The next post is the last relating to the story.
>>
This story seems relevant.

>night time
>parked on a back road outside of the city, smoking weed with buddies
>spot is near farmer's fields, so it has good sight lines to watch for cops/vehicles
>nice night, sitting on the hood listening to tunes
>there for about an hour, see no one
>headlights approach from up ahead, can see the glow coming over a hill
>decide fuck it, let's head home
>drive off, pass vehicle coming towards us (not a cop)
>ten seconds later, I see the vehicle's brake lights go on
>car pulls a U turn in the middle of the road, starts heading back in our direction
>slowly gaining on us
>weed doesn't make me paranoid, but I'm starting to think this is weird
>meandering our way back to the city, car matches us turn for turn
>we're all uneasy now
>start taking turns at random to see what the car does
>stays with us
>follows us for fifteen minutes or so, we're almost back in the city by now
>car finally turns off at a random side road

Not really paranormal, but the car flipping around in the middle of the road was goddamn weird. Best part was, everyone else was laughing and being relieved that the car stopped following us, so I was the only one paying attention to the road. We drove right past three cop cars sitting in a pull out about to set up a check stop, and no one saw them but me.
>>
File: odd actions.jpg (142 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
odd actions.jpg
142 KB, 960x640
>>17358250

>day 7 part 2
>in camp, cold and hungry
>quickly go out gathering firewood and setting up the tent
>urge to shit steadily increasing
>finish setting up camp right when the rain stops
>urge to shit is now unbearable, drank too much coffee
>run off to shitter, which is located at the top of a large hill with a nice view of the lake and a good breeze to keep mosquitos off your ass
>didn't bother to tell anyone I had left, too big of hurry
>proceed to unload ten pounds of rehydrated hash browns
>while I was gone, my friends were getting ready to cook
>they said I came back from the shitter trail and sat down with them
>didn't say much, mostly grunted, but laughed at jokes etc
>one friends starts skipping rocks, while I stood and watched from near the fireplace
>other friend is taking pictures
>snaps a shot of me
>I mumble something and walk into the woods
>Then the real me came back 5 minutes later from the shitter and announce what a great shit I had
>didn't hear this story until recently when discussing the visitation night with the friend i was awake with

Pic is "me" in the campsite.

Remember how I said that in my dream, the people who joined our group dressed similarly to us? I'm wearing cargo pants in this picture. I only bring one pair of hiking pants when camping, which I either wear, or I'm strutting around in boxer shorts. I'll show you in the next two posts.
>>
File: pants.jpg (129 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
pants.jpg
129 KB, 960x640
>>17358281
pic is me with pants on the left
>>
File: no pants.png (1 MB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
no pants.png
1 MB, 960x640
>>17358287
pic is me without pants
>>
>>17358226
>>17358227
Do you get weird dreams when you camp?

I think part of our survival was that we left a day and a half earlier than we planned. Due to my friend's injury, we decided to go faster and get him to a hospital for some stitches before his wound closed completely.
We left the day after that thing impersonated me. I honestly get chills thinking about how close we came to, well, whatever happens when infiltrated by a skinwalker.
>>
>>17358226
I also love Wenchell (Winchell? idk). The story goes that a forest ranger in the 70s was paddling from campsite to campsite on Wenchell, warning campers of an upcoming storm that would blow down trees and tents. He told them to hunker down for the night and stay together.
It's said that the storm came suddenly, not five minutes after the ranger passed the last campsite on his way to a portage and was knocked out of his canoe by a gust of wind, and drowned.
His ghost supposedly still paddles on the lake, looking for a campsite to stay at on nights before big storms. I've heard you can see his flashlight on the water and hear him calling out to be careful during the storm.
>>
>>17358308
Its weird, and I kinda thought to mention it but changed my mind. What I was going to say, was that although I didnt get any strange dreams (part of the reason was because these things were outside my tent FOR HOURS, I was in an out of a light sleep, terrified) but I did get a thing where every time I put my head to the ground, I felt my consciousness shoot through the mountain like lightning. It was completely fucked up, and made sleep almost impossible on its own, even without whatever those things were.

I want to say this again, I felt energy and my consciousness RIP through a MASSIVE part of the mountain, like fucking lightning.

But no odd dreams (not sure I even entered REM once those nights) or smell. I checked for tracks both nights, but because it was mid April the ground was still mostly frozen and I couldnt find anything.
>>
>>17358328
That's spooky as hell, man.

I just googled some stuff about Banff NP. Found an article that talks about how the natives didn't like to camp in certain areas because "they respected and feared its resident spirits"

What area of the park did you camp in?
>>
>>17358387
Right outside Lake Louise.

I never tell this part of the story typically either, but while I was going to my camp site for the first time, I saw shadow person?, about 5 feet run between two trees directly in front of me, about 15 feet.
>>
>>17358409
That's really strange. It seems that Banff had a strong indian presence before the railroads and settlers. Indians also believed in shadow people, i think.
I'm really not an expert on mythology or really any /x/ related stuff. This is my first real post.
>>
>>17358438
Well your story was amazing. Great with pics and spooky as hell dude. Thank you.

I lived in Banff national park/lake louise twice in my life. THe first time, on a mushrooms trip my friend saw a native american man standing in the corner of his room and on a different one I had 3 full on extra dimensionals appear in front of me by my request. The second, a couple years later, was the skinwalker or whatever event. Those mountains are powerful as fuck, and I honestly think could be ACTUALLY alive.
>>
>>17357838
>>"know all the lakes and great campsites"
Son I live twenty minutes from the boundary waters, Spent 15 years going into the boundary waters, and I don't know all the lakes. You dont know shit.
Spooky story though and props for going to the BWCA anyways.
>>
>>17358250
Him following you all day is a little strange, but honestly I would never speak to another camper out there unless it was an emergency. I go out there to experience pure solitude, I almost think of it like a pilgrimage or something. And there are a lot of people who feel the same way about it, especially those of us local to the area. So its not really very strange that he wouldn't talk to you.
>>
Stories like these are why i frequent /x/ especially around 2 am. would love to hear more of your creepy camping stories if you have them
>>
>>17358520
Clearly you haven't been going out enough.
I might only be twenty two, but I know a hell of a lot more about the Boundary Waters than most of the locals in Grand Marais and Eli. Half the locals in Grand Marais have never even been to the BWCA.
ffs I lived in the BWCA for 3 and a half months and ferried people all around it and spent my days off going to new places.

Just because someone lives next to Kennedy Space Center doesn't make them an astronaut.
>>
>>17358555

I get what you mean. I also go for solitude in nature.

>>17358578

Thanks man. I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
>>
bumpin for more spoopy camp stories
>>
>>17353967

What the fuck is this, this is the best thing Ive' ever seen. And yeah, that's /x/ magic threads in a fucking nut shell.
>>
>>17358281
so...this is the first photograph of a skinwalker? I don't like the way he's looking at me
>>
>>17358102
What's poking out of the middle of the water
>>
File: mysticbeach.jpg (410 KB, 1800x520) Image search: [Google]
mysticbeach.jpg
410 KB, 1800x520
>>17358186
>>17358072

Holy shit. Something similar here too.

>2008, camping with an old g/f on Mystic Beach, Vancouver Island
>about a 20 minute hike down to beach, no real trail just path made by hikers
>get down to beach, set up camp
>never get fire set up but use propane stove for dinner
>no signal so we don't have phones on
>wake up in middle of the night to the sound of something heavy walking around on the stones on the beach
>hear heavy breathing
>grab one of the rocks we have in the tent corners to keep it planted, wake up g/f as quietly as possible
>place a finger over lips telling her to be silent and listen
>she agrees she hears the breathing and walking on the beach rocks, tells me not to go outside
>whisper as softly as I can "I'm not going to get eaten in this tent. I'm going to unzip and I want you ready to run."
>unzip tent to a full moon bathing whole beach in moonlight
>look around in all directions, no sign of anything, closest bit of forest is about 20 feet away, no way something could have been on the rocky beach and disappeared into the woods without making any noise
>barely get any sleep for the rest of the night, pack up quick and leave first thing at dawn

Fucking goosebumps from remembering this. Pic related, Mystic Beach.
>>
>>17356992
Hey that's my story. Nifty
>>
>>17358281
The more I look at this photo the more it looks weird..supposedly a skinwalker I guess...but idk is it just me or are his legs bending back the opposite way? And it looks like he's kinda doin the Michael Jackson body lean ya know..idk just looks off.
>>
>>17362973
maybe, although
>legs bending back the opposite way
could be an optical illusion due to the cargo pants hanging loose in front + the curve of his calves

>Michael Jackson body lean
could be rocking back and forth on his heels or leaning forward for some other reason, and/or the camera might not be level. if he was leaning forward a couple degrees and the camera was skewed a couple degrees, it could look like he's leaning more than he really is. hard to tell.

but his expression does look odd, plus he doesn't even really look like the guy in the other pics. though again, that could be lighting, facial expression, the hat, any number of things.

the main thing that struck me is that not only are the pants different, so is the vest. in fact I'm not sure any of the clothes in that pic are the same as the clothes in his other pics.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.