[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 13
File: hjo,x1313-bg,f8f8f8.u3.jpg (281 KB, 1414x889) Image search: [Google]
hjo,x1313-bg,f8f8f8.u3.jpg
281 KB, 1414x889
Does anyone think that there is actually a way to travel backwards/forwards in time?
>>
Cryogenic freezing. Works every time.
>>
TOKI WO TOMARE! Works every time.
>>
We cannot travel backwards only forward, unless of course you die, time is not linear.
>>
>>17283262
>lrn2fluxcapacitor
>>
>>17283319
Ya but then that asshole killed my wife and stole my kid!
>>
>>17283262
Laws of physics change constantly.
Also there's relativity.
And desu I think we are in our own perception bubble. see double slit experiment, take not of probability waves and what happens when you introduce an observer.
But weather or not it is solely I that observes. or the universe as a whole is hard to say.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 400x303
>>17283340
Kuk
>>
I'm sure that if you asked the aliens nice enough they'd be glad to take you forwards/backwards in time.
>>
>>17283262
There is a law called conservation of energy. According to it the energy of a closed system wil remain constant. How this plays a role in time travel? See if someone is travelling back in time it means they r taking their material body with them which has energy, so it means new energy has been introduced to a closed system and system of the present suffers loss of energy, there is a possibility tht the whole universe may get imbalanced due to loss and addition of new energy. But thr is a way to travel future though. The traveller wil hav to pass himself into a dimension or wrap his body around a field of near zero gravity, since time is related to gravity the clock of the universe will tick around him faster then his. The same time dilation effect suffered by satellite but enhanced a bit more. Hope this helps :)
>>
>>17283340
>not being a sexy lady in fallout
>>
>>17283262

I don't think there is any way to travel in time forward or backwards.

Why?

Because we don't have any clue where we are in space. We don't have a map or the coordinates to know where we are.
>>
You are always traveling forward in time.
Backwards time travel would require exotic matter, mass amounts of energy, and full understanding of how quantum mechanics and relativity interplay (I.e a grand unified theory of everything).
>>
>>17283385
This is complete and utter fuckery. That's not how conservation of energy works when applied to the universe. You already exist within the universe, traveling through time (back or forwards) will never change the total energy.
>>
>>17283262
We are on /x/. So... scrying.
>>
We have time travel but its useless because we don't know how fast the sun moves through the galaxy and how fast the galaxy moves through the universe.
>>
>>17284463
Yes it does. Suppose if i time travel to yesterday and sit next to myself isnt tht creation of new energy when there is already another mass which is known as me? Or travelling to a time whr tht body was non existent before. It does violates the law of conservation of energy.
>>
Time travelers all around us posing as;
People waiting at bus stop.
Shoppers.
And some homeless.
>>
>>17284611
retard
>>17284342
>what is special relativity
>>
>>17283262
When you travel back, you do know everyTHING, including the speck of dust needs to go back with you right?

Not EVERYTHING is ALL about you, friend. Time travel is impossible.
>>
>>17284611
But hold! What if we consider the whole energy of the system as the two timelines you created, the one you and your future self are present, and the one where the future self is not present. Then the total energy will remain the same within addition of the two timelines' energy. Lrn 2 math bro, 2 + 0 = 2
>>
>>17283262
Tons. Which dimension did you want to travel through?
>>
if, and only if the time exists like space we could time travel. BUT! we need, as far as we know, the power of lightspeed: 350.000km/s which is possible, but we don't know a fuel powerful enough yet.
>>
>>17283333
Your sweet quads say otherwise. Synchronous as fuck yo. -Checked.
>>
>>17283347
Quantum observer paradoxes are all a result of the scientific industry not understanding time paradox information observation dilemmas. We had to literally force the world to think in paradox terms to get people to think sanely about time travel.
>>
>>17285048
My evidence begs to differ.
>>
>>17285048
Or butterflies... Don't worry, Donald will be an iron man, a man with guts!
>>
>>17283262
Backward/Forward time traveling is impossible. The only feasible solution would be interdimensional traveling, but the technology for that would be almost beyond normal comprehension
>>
File: 16676964.jpg (87 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
16676964.jpg
87 KB, 500x579
> using science and not black magic for time travel
>>
>>17285659
>my evidence
>>
you cannot travel foward or backwards in time. you cannot even travel within your own timeline. The very fact you exist in a time line outside your own creates an alternate timeline. You travel to a parallel time stream.
>>
healthy diarrhea yogurt
>>
you could theoretically go back in time, kill yourself and it wouldn't do shit because its not your timeline. However if you time traveled you could never return to the exact timeline you left from
>>
>>17288415
>black magic
>for time travel
>>
>>17283262
Love.
>>
> I can go present, I can go future. It is independent of location, so I can go anywhere on this earth, I can go into any closet, I can go into any mind..It is independent of space, therefore, I can access that information any place on the planet or off of it if I choose."
- Major General Albert Stubblebine,
former PSI TECH Chairman Of The Board and commanding officer of the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM)
>>
vegan diarrhea yogurt
>>
gluten free diarrhea yogurt
>>
>>17288471
He wouldnt be allowed to.

Reason to say why is redundant at this point.

Placebo. Pacifier. Atlantis.
>>
all these posts about diarrhea yogurt are making me thirsty
>>
Time dilation is one form of time travel into the future.
Time travel backwards is impossible unless you manage to violate the laws of causality.
>>
Oh fck
>>
>>17283262
Time travel into the future is relatively easy for an advanced civilization. The only problem is you can't go backwards not even theoretically as far as we know.
>>
>>17285633
The second one.
>>
>>17283262
Yup
>>
what is diarrhea yogurt?
>>
>>17288597
your mums juice
>>
Checking to see if I'm banned before I post
>>
>>17288561
This.
>>
>>17288626
What is time travel? What is time? Time is a measure of events relative to another cycling measure of events. In order to travel into the past, depending on how much you want to go back in time, one has to know the exact position of all the atoms in a system. Then one has to take all the atoms and move them all to the exact position and initiate the momentum it had at the time the atoms were mapped. It is possible to be in an event again, but not true history.
>>
>travel in time
>universe moves
>appear in the middle of nowhere in deep space
>>
>>17283262
Just for the record, it is mathematically proven that everything what will ever happen in our universe should happen the same way in reverse; after a certain point in time is crossed..
>>
I have an idea for Time travel to the past.
But what goes back in time is your consciousness, not your body. As in, you do some weird thing and you pass out and then wake up the next day being yourself at a younger age, but with all the knowledge you had when you decided to travel back in time.

What you think?
>>
Once in chemistry class I traveled back in time 40 seconds. I know because my friend and I were playing Magic The Gathering while doing a radiation lab. The timer on the lab device went back 40 seconds and it was as if I hadn't taken my turn yet in Magic even though I just did.
>>
Andrew Basiago claims to be a time traveler. http://andy2016.com
His presentations about the secret us organization makes sense to me. Also the apparatus he describes in the context of an holographic universe makes sense to me.
>>
When we asume, that there is only consciousness and matter will created by the observer and in general the past/future still exists, there would be a chance that you could focus your consciousness to the past and anker to your body in this time. The problem would be the content of your brain in that time which could not remember the transfer.
>>
>>17289434
Just for the record, mathematically proven and "should" don't really go together. I'm willing to bet you're just talking out of your ass though.
>>
>>17290092
Should = probability;-)
>>
>>17289600
Assumptions made by this argument:

1. Consciousness exists outside of normal spacetime

2. The whole of spacetime will always exist

There's an endless number of problems with this idea, but none of that matters because it fundamentally contradicts itself just by assuming that all of time can be accessed by the same consciousness. If all of time is available and cannot be changed then that makes the very act of changing your own past consciousness and memories, in a way that would inevitably change the future of yourself and the world, completely impossible.
>>
>>17290114
If you want to go down that road then you probably also adhere to the idea that every unlikely and irrational probability in the "multiverse" will happen because of "statistical inevitability"
>>
>>17290159
I would never say completely impossible. To handle such a paradoxon your content of your brain had to be special to made such travels. There is a term for that, blank slate. The brain has different states, and probably in a higher more elastic state such informations through time could be transfered, what would explane future teller.
>>
>>17290186
Every aspect of what you just said is based in blind assumption, not logic.
>>
>>17290189
True, but a had some experiences during a psychotic phase, and things changed.
>>
>2016
>not moving forward in time at a constant rate
> mfw i have no face

we could all be frozen in time. time could have been moving along nicely and all of a sudden came to an abrupt stop. the thoughts going through your mind would forever be the same as they are right now, and you would never be able to observe that time has stopped. as i think of this, i try to check the operations of my mind to see if my mind and time around me is moving, but if time were frozen at this exact moment, i would be forever thinking that time must still be moving because my thoughts are still moving, when really all im being aware of is the perceptual awareness of memory that seems to show that i was thinking and doing something a little different a little while ago. which is strange, because if the only indication that i have that time is moving is the perception of a memory that things were different before now, then that memory is really occurring in the present;
>>
>>17290268
my memory of the past is only occurring in the present with an awareness that it occurred in the past. so really, i have no evidence that the past ever existed aside from memory. which isnt that unusual compared to when i realize that my thoughts of what i will do, if i commit myself to it, in the future. i pick something up and put it back down, and while i intend to read the end of this before picking it up and putting it down again, which i surely will do. i notice that my memory and my intention looks exactly the same except my memory is understood to have already happened while i remember my intention and understand that i must remember it soon, and i must make the decision at that time. but now that ive done that, i now remember having done it, and remember the memory of having to do it, and having to make sure i decide to do it at that time, and i cant remember if that memory is really the past memory or if its my new decision to do the same thing again in a moments time, just thought of as having already occurred. i have no troubles being aware if something happened in the past or i want it to happen in the future, its only that, other than this, the memory and the intention looks identical
>>
>>17290202
Without going into details about psychics, I believe thst we still cannot truly grasph the concept of time. My intuition tells me, that the arrow of time doesn't exist. Time is for me a state of consciousness and there is only one cociousness and nothing more.
>>
Mindgame: with hypnosis i change a memory in my mind, i reevaluate a situation in my childhood whitch influenced my hole life so far, my behavior changes and all future situations will be evaluated according to the mental change. Does i changed my past/future? Did i made a time travel? This technique works, I'm a hypnotherapist.
>>
If time travel is not real... Why is it illegal to time travel? Read up before u talk faggots. . Surely its not illegal for no reason right?
>>
>>17290382
Wow, Timelord, then enlighten us!
>>
>>17290382
I'm you from the future, kill me!
>>
>>17283262
traveling forwards in time works fine assuming time dilation is real and not human error in 2 experiments 1 involving nasa

all you have to do is move fast but you dont have to even reach the speed of light. the shuttle only reaches escape velocity for a short period of time and time dilation happened at a great enough amount to off set the 2 digital clocks. 1 of which was on the shuttle

point is if you were on a craft traveling faster time would pass more slowly for you than the rest of humanity and some theorized methods of propulsion offer some possibility of this version of "time travel" in the sense of partially side stepping the time stream
>>
>>17285637
>which is possible
It's not
>>
>>17290605
Not yet, never say never! If you can manipulate the space and surfe on a wave, you can travel faster than light without moving.
>>
in theory there are atomic size wormholes everywhere and as soon we are able to teleport, we could teleport the information about the object through such an wormhole into another dimension/time.
>>
Time Travel device has been identified like a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZknFhQftrug
>>
>>17290652
A wormhole is itself only hypothetical, so it does no use to talk of it as if we know it exists and could have such properties
>>
>>17290685
Thats true, but this is the real deal:
http://youtu.be/mlGp6R3uExc
>>
>>17290693
At CERN they produce particles which travels in both directions.
>>
>>17290693
michio kaku says.
>>
>>17290711
Source from CERN on non-theoretical reverse time particles?
>>
How about orbiting close to the event horizon of a black hole at the speed of light
>>
Spoiler Alert:
We do not store information in our brains, we are still connected to the actual past.
Time travel devices exists, but are highly regulated.
Teleportation devices exists but are also highly regulated because of the same reasons.
Time travel was a side effect of the development of teleportation.
When you teleport something without considering the time division, you will travel back in time.
After the invention of time travel/teleportation the government had to travel way back to establish an organization to prevent, that this technology falls into the wrong hands, or any other organization will be able to develop this technology, meaning corrupt the academic society with wrong information or pressure.
That's why we will NEVER have this technology public available.
What is intuition? A vague memory of an altered reality.
>>
Just made this .webm time-sorta-related xD.
>>
I can't stay for long I'm being watched but time travel is a reality, keep your eyes open the next few days it won't be obvious if you're not looking for it
>>
>>17290795
Spoiler Alert: Baseless statements made by a nobody on the internet
>>
>>17290816
So fucked lol
>>
>>17290751
good question, i was researching on cerns page but i couldn't find anything. I remember to read something in a book from fritjof capra. Sorry
>>
>>17290839
well my base is this http://youtu.be/mlGp6R3uExc
>>
>>17283262

Yes, it's possible for us to travel forwards and back in time. You can also travel up/down, and left/right in time, time isn't as linear as 2016 humans think it is.
>>
>>17290839
Nobody knows all!
>>
>>17290795
but every human has the ability to alter his past and therefore the future by learning to reevaluate events in the past by self hypnosis techniques. What do you want more? Only by visualize an alternative future you will switch into this reality! In an existence of pure consciousness are infinite possibilities.
>>
>>17290988
Scientists are like construction workers which disassemble a mountain by hand and assembles them at another location only to find out that they have a pile of gravel at the end.
>>
>>17291020
the whole pyramid of academic sience is built upon ignorance with the sole purpose to protect the true knowledge about time/space and resonance.
>>
>>17291020
Yeah, but after they find out that they have a pile of gravel, they can give it new uses, or simply remove it to build a house or whatever, and that's progress
>>
>>17291083
but you never will see the mountain again (big picture)
>>
>>17283262
Theoretically if you can get close enough to a black hole without it killing you then you could hang out there and watch time fly by on earth, You wouldn't even need to stay there for long either, Just a few hours or days.
>>
>>17291115
certainly not as a mountain anymore, if other uses are found for it, but it'll be there as a part of what it is now, a step into a future.
>>
>>17291115
and as a summary: science has a lot of theories but knows shit. In the 60/70s where they consumed a lot of mind altering drugs, the big breakthroughs happened. Why is alcohol allowed and lsd not? Why do the silicon valley guys starting with low dosage lsd? Because the brain is the key to the universe and our true nature, we are all time travelers, because we're infinite beings in the one and only consciousness! Government means in latin they who govern the mind. But it does not matter, as such an eternal being, a lifetime is only a short nap and life becomes a game! The only question is, are you an NPC or will you become an actual player? I'm everybody!
>>
>>17291293
I've always think that everything is everything, sometimes i try to imagine a fourth dimmension, but still my mind still in 3d, i want to die atleast once a die, my life sucks
Is there a way to mindly connect with someone? gimme a dummy guide or whatever, i suck at everything
>>
File: 1452870837179.jpg (16 KB, 320x374) Image search: [Google]
1452870837179.jpg
16 KB, 320x374
>>17290159

Sorry, but mein dubs already confirmed.
>>>17289600
>>
>>17291319
nlp neuro linguistic programming for dummies is a good start.
Only your mind wants to die not your body, i was there to. I learned to live without expectations and now I'm free.
>>
>>17290268
the backup of the universe on the holochip is frozen in time, when someone messes up with time travel big times the sysop switches the hd of the quantum computer called universe. This happened 42 times before.
>>
Here's a thought

Time travel is real and there's people coming back from the future trying to help us and stop things from happening or just fuck with things. There's something like time police stopping and changing the past so it becomes non existent and nobody will know it happened.
>>
>>17283262
Actually this is the reason I came here today. I have reason to believe that a time traveler came to /x/ about two weeks ago. Something he said kept rolling around in my head and it just made sense to me...

I'm interested in the phenomena and how to do it on purpose. My gut tells me that it's possible, and without technology... but I don't know how to proceed further with the idea.

Just BARELY wrapping my head around the implications of General Relativity... any (non-sarcastic) tips out there?
>>
>>17289600
I think about this constantly.
>>
>>17294438
Watch Next: http://www.netflix.com/title/70066433

If it doesn't seam realistic to you, then you're not about to do anything constructive with time travel.
>>
>>17283319
Lol. Tell that to popsicle-Walt Disney
>>
Wanna learn about time travel? Go do some research on the Large Hadron Collider.
>>
>>17294464
I'll check it out. Thanks. Will the next step be obvious or do you have further tips?

oh... actually... yeah apparently ... I'll have that covered.... ok thanks
>>
>>17284463
Actually it does, but it fucks up causality long before it does that.

The only way to travel to the past is by rebuilding the past, if you were to move every single atom to the way it was during the middle ages then you'd be back to the middle ages, with all the kings and shit brought back to life.
>>
>>17294595
You'll get the hang of it.
>>
>>17284699
Who would travel to this age?
>>
>>17294664
People that want to protect it, if nothing else. Have you never wondered what the atmosphere of the 40's felt like?
>>
>>17284699
Wouldn't all time travelers be homeless? I mean their home would be in another time.

Duh.
>>
>>17284699
Wouldn't all time travelers be homeless? I mean their home would be in another time completely.

Duh.
>>
You can but the info is locked. Technically you can travel to the past but the change is never permanent. Also the risk of getting lost is very high.
There are places on earth where local time does get distorted. So there are stories from people, where the air becomes still and sudden quietness. That is a symptom of local time shift. Eventually it corrects itself, if you are calm.
>>
>>17295637
>if you are calm.
That's the one.
>>
Posted this in the other time travel thread but anyone here remember that guy on /b/ who said everytime he died he would be reborn as his 13 year old self. That he died once of cancer and then something else and then he anheroed and each time reborn as his younger self. That's the type of time travel that really interest me.
>>
>>17283333
>>17283333
So what is it cyclical
>>
>>17295637
Can't you essentially relive your past in lucid dreams as well?
>>
Can't really comment on the lucid dream stuff. Although they're more practice scenarios. Of course it's more mental imagery created by the brain, of course far safer than anything else.
>>
>>17294699
I'd love to see the 40s, but from now to the early 2000s have pretty much been a drag.
>>
>>17295859
In suburbia, sure. The world has never been static.
>>
I see some fucked up shit at night when awake, my dreams are even more violently fucked up. Just recently I had a stupidly vivid dream wherein I was visited by a horse. It came in through the bedroom door. This horse was rotting and bloody, with its skin sloughing off the bone and teeth like a rabbit's. Its eye sockets had horns growing out of them, so the horse was staggering blindly into the room. Its feet were padded like a dog's. The worst thing was its cock. The thing was dragging against the floor, constantly pouring out black, mucus-ish ejaculation, leaving trails of blood and cum. It was flayed and you could see the black veins dangling off like moss off a tree. I could see some of the veins had worms and shit crawling through them like little kids through a tube slide on the playground. Note that this is only like four seconds into my dream. So the horse staggers over to the bedside- I try to move, or at least scream, and am paralyzed- and it gets on top of me. I can actually feel its weight. Next thing I feel is its bulging, skinned horse dick pressing into my ass. Cum is pouring over my lower half and trickling down my thighs, it's viscous and warm like blood. The horse starts to fuck me up the asshole, letting out a neigh like a woman's scream. I still can't move. The fucking horse is breaking the bed under its weight as it bounces up and down, and I can feel my rectum rip. There's never pain, sort of like I'm on anesthetic and am numbed but I can still feel it. At this point the horse bends over and begins tearing the skin off the back of my neck with its rabbit teeth, peeling back the skin. I can feel the wetness and warmness of it but not the pain. Time is fucked for a moment, I have a flash of third-person view and I can see that the horse has flayed my entire body and left me a bloody mangled horror. I am struggling out of the last scraps of my skin like a monster emerging from its cocoon. The horse slides out of my asshole, for wh
>>
>>17294651
>You'll get the hang of it.

Say... say one figured this stuff out... what would be the best ways that person could remain safe from those "protecting the world" from time travelers?
>>
File: tumblr_m7vvk0yEdr1qlgn9v.png (303 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7vvk0yEdr1qlgn9v.png
303 KB, 500x501
I have questions that have burned in me for years regarding time travel. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on them?
1) How would it ever be possible to traverse time? Especially the past. Isnt whats done just done? I could understand being able to observe - If there was a mirror a lightyear away we would see a year into the past through it - right?

2) Why does the universe have to be 'balanced'? If it were possible, why would it make a difference to the universe if there were suddenly two of me?

3) If its possible to go faster than the speed of light at any point in our future, wouldnt we just be travelling faster than light... As in no time travel involved due to the fact that one is light and another is time?

4) A little random but.. Has anyone ever thought there may be a huge amount of alien races in the centre of the universe... Surely thats the first place you would go as soon as it were possible? So like as soon as a species becomes smart enough to figure out where it is, thats where you go.
>>
>>17283262

Yeah, we're traveling forwards in time, all the time.
>>
File: _83715797_blackhole.jpg (14 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_83715797_blackhole.jpg
14 KB, 624x351
>>17288464
Underrated post. This movie was nice, but the ending was so stupid...
>>
>>17283333
Correct

>>17283347
You know less than you think.

>>17283385
>>17284463

Guys, it doesn't matter (pardon the pun). You're arguing over paradoxes brought about by physical "laws" which are a derivative of an out-dated 200 year old Newtonian view that we're living in an objective reality. Reality is not, I repeat NOT objective. Reality is subjective. Some would even argue that reality is Informational. Do you realise how fucking major that is..?

The only problem is.. We have no idea what any of this means, so atm, we're stuck with QM.

QM and Relativity have been broken since the 1900's. The Copenhagen Interpretation, Heisenbergs' Uncertainty, Duality, etc etc we're all BTFO by the Double-Slit experiment, the only theory that remained was the Observer effect.

An Observer has an effect on reality. Just by looking, is enough to change reality. If that ain't spoopy well fuck me idk what is
>>
>>17283262
No, it is not possible. At most you can see the past (but not travel back in time) and that's it.
>>
>>17285637
It's not currently possible for an object with mass to reach light speed, regardless of fuel.
>>
I had a thought a while back that I'll try to paraphrase for you the best I can. It assumes string theory and the big bang as a starting point for the universe.
>Time starts at a single point, the big bang
>From there, an infinite number of multiverses are created for what event could happen directly after the first moment of "time"
>these multiverses are represented as lines expanding outward from the original point of time (the big bang)
>Imagine this representation to look something like a sea urchin, the one point in the middle and straight lines shooting out in all directions
>every moment these lines begin their own "sea urchins" as the different passing moments of these multiverses in turn create an infinite amount of multiverses from the possibilities of the events that could occur in said moment
>so in this representation, time is infinitely expanding and growing infinitely dense

None of this is really grounded in fact or anything, just kind of an interesting thought I pursued during a really long drive I was taking. Not even sure why I shared really but maybe somebody will find it interesting.
>>
>>17283262

Yes, but you will get in very big trouble if you try.
>>
>>17283262
Traveling forwards in time is easy, you just gotta go fast.
Traveling backwards is a bit tricky because you need to build a time machine andy you can only go back to any time the machine has allready been built so its basically useless and you need black holes and n amounts of energy and all that expensive shit from overseas so just forget it...
>>
>>17289600
Woow dude thats like suuper smart seriously youre freaking me out right now... Like seriously... Can you pass the joint my man?
>>
>>17298226
You literally can't, the energy required to accelerate any mass to light speed is infinite. Rearrange e=mc^2 to m=c^2/e
>>
>>17299330
You mean a Rosen-bridge or wormhole, not black hole
>>
>>17298226
Which then does lead to quantum entanglement stargate type shit since photons don't have mass and all that
Or something with tachyons
fuck I need to do another degree in this shit
>>
>>17289127
highly underrated desu
>>
>>17283262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-o5-EYzTY
>>
>>17283262
Time doesn't really exist.

the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present and future regarded as a whole (Oxford Dictionary)
the measured or measurable period during which an action, process or condition exists or continues (Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary)
the continuous passage of existence in which events pass from a state of potentiality in the future, through the present, to a state of finality in the past (World English Dictionary)
a continuous, measurable quantity in which events occur in a sequence proceeding from the past through the present to the future (Science Dictionary)
the measured or measurable period during which an action, process or condition exists or continues (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
the dimension of the physical universe that orders the sequence of events at a given place (McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology)
a non-spatial system in which events appear to happen in irreversible succession (WordSmyth Dictionary)
the inevitable progression into the future with the passing of present events into the past (Wiktionary)
the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole (Google)
>>
>>17283262
Quantum physics shows us that time is a function of relativity only and exists relative to some arbitrary point of reference. You or me or this clock or that one. This atom or that one. The universe exists in a state of everything everywhere all the time.

You only ever experience now. Numbers are infinite and we continue sliding through time, perceiving it in very quick snapshots taken by our eyes and then stitched together by our brains to create a cohesive narrative of you.
>>
I still think quantum theory and the whole observer phenomenon is bullshit. There is some explanation that we don't understand yet which makes things deterministic. The current models are like how early astronomers thought planets went in epicycles to explain orbits.
We're missing something and I'm almost certain we're on the wrong track to finding it
>>
>>17299485
Things are deterministic under quantum theory. Progression is just determined in a way that we currently cannot measure.
>>
>you have such a great point man. Idk the terms but The 'frequency' of our earth can be used as a sort of guidline.--time travel was never perfect anyways.aliens have been tracking our coordinates though (oh shit isnt it aliens that have demonstrated time travel in the past by kidnapping the young boy who when taken back was 15 years in the future and everyone was astonished that he never aged. But the kid apparently stated that it had never felt like THAT much time passed.
>>
"The universe exists in a state of everything everywhere all the time."said someone...
I agree that everything is happening at the same time. You have a version of yourself in every respect. It's not done physically but by a transference of conscious to where ever and when ever you want to experience.
This goes for parallel universes that are made by the conscious possibilities not taken.
Change your life... ask to travel to (shift your consciousness) to a parallel universe where you are the happiest.... for instance before you sleep and go to sleep from a meditative state. I have done this several times but then be prepared for the changes.....
>>
>>17288451
someone actually fucking gets it.
>>
>>17283385>>17283385
You had mentioned when someone goes back in time they are introducing "new" energy. Wrong because the 'energy'(multitude of variables proven via your cited double slit experiment) is the same energy that has been in the previous timeline. Blackholes eliminate an abundance of energy from our universe yet their is no consequence that affects our time/space continuuity. The REAL answer as i have mentioned one other time before with the aid of another member; if you want to control time youd need to invent a contraption that can control our entire universe (good luck building that with aliens monitoring the earth) Nikola Tesla was very close to building the structure to meet the requirements for time travel. Look into history man shits fuckin crazy. That dude whom invented the concept of AC and was very close to creating a wardencliffe tower (hope i spelled right) which wouldve granted us an astonishing amount of 'free' electricity.he died around 1943...Of course time travel fallen into the wrong hands would be devistating... I suppose the purpose for this is to inspire others in truly knowing that time travel is very much possible. Although their are other beings who will go to great lengths to preserve the timeline they have so patiently lived in. Fuck man it all comes down to what are the intentions of these aliens...
>>
>>17288451
Perfect way of explaining it.
>>
Time is only perception.
>>
>>17299529
Aliens take you and then drop you back off without missing any "time"
They also have been messing with our timeline since the beginning of this civilization. To what end I'm not sure... but I Know they have created thousands of hybrids.
>>
>>17299536
Repopulation with hybrids... after we do something really stupid to the earth.
There are negatively minded aliens and positive ones. The ones trying to help us by making hybrids are the ones who also are defending us from the other ones and sometimes ourselves through traveling through dimensions.
>>
>people believe there is life in other planets who are CONSTANTLY watching us
>this "alliens" and "UFOs" supposedly were around ever since pyramids were built.
>IF they existed 2000 years would be enought to know everything about us, but they keep coming.
So.. Every time you think "this must be an alien" or "this is proof there is life in other planets". Think maybe it is us, humans, but humans from the future who like to observe ourselves in different periods of history.
Why else havent aliens contacted us?
What if area 51 is a space traveling airport?
>>
>>17299349
That's what I meant. The laws of physics don't currently allow it. Unless we find some weird loophole or exploit, it's completely impossible. As an object with mass approaches light speed, it's relativistic mass approaches infinity so it would be impossible for the equation you mentioned to stay balanced.
>>
>>17294751
if they try to go back they will end in a different reality, shit time travel is such a mess!
>>
>>17299584
I have thought of that... not sure but I do know Earth is an experiment
>>
How has no one mentioned John Titor yet?!
>>
you ever thought of going forward in time to loop back?
>>
>>17283262
I travel forward in time every day its weird and spooky...
It all starts at night
My eyes begin to grow heavy, I turn off the lights and close my eyes, suddenly I open them 6-8 hours later and it isn't night anymore.. I can't explain this
Sometimes it'll even happen in the day..
I'll look at a clock then go do something and when I look at it again, the hands of the clock have suddenly moved!
I'm tellin ya man, somethings out there..
Watching.....
Waiting...
>>
>>17299485
In the experiment they use a camera and put inside a small metal box to track the movement of something small and fast. They say it doesnt have a pattern when they put a camera in it but they have other sensors apparently to track movement but not witness it. The variation or inconsistency in movement pattern could simply be attributed to the frequency ommitted off the camera they had placed in the corner of a confined space. So i agree with you. Many factors weren't taken into account due to lack of knowing.
>>
>>17299649
True.. maybe they don't remember old school.
:)
>>
>>17299682
Even replacing electrical components with an actual human observer could result in changes from body heat, air currents from breathing etc. when the experiment is done with things so small and fast. However the prospect of such a claim that particles act differently under observation is pretty exciting to think about if it's true.
>>
You need a wormhole that acts temporally, not spatially.
>>
>>17299463
This guy gets it
>>
>>17283262
You can travel back in time, you just can't change the past, and you can travel to the future, but you can't change the future
>>
>>17283262
Actual travel is fraught with difficulties that can all be overcome, in time, with the right technology.
>>17283319
Not a reliable way to go backwards, unfortunately.
>>17283333
Death is optional. Anyone telling you otherwise is simply not a competent negotiator. Perhaps the next bill I ought to author is a bill of protection from incompetent negotiation.
>>17283347
We can demonstrate that it's not the universe that observes. It's a relatively trivial experiment, all things considered.
>>17283360
>asked nice enough
You'd have to be very nice. Generally, the up-front term is that you can't be genocidal. That's usually a pretty important term to include.
>>17283385
>new energy has been introduced to a closed system and system of the present suffers loss of energy
The universe is demonstrably not a closed system.

You'd be right if you'd had a mind to complete your loop. Otherwise, you can only turn up wrong.
>>17284342
You do when the other futures play fair. You won't have access to a past other than your own until such time as you've chosen to permanently cooperate with other versions of history.

This is a feature, not a bug.
>>17284451
Classical physics is enough. Quantum garbage is only an acausal navigation dilemma.
>>17284573
You'd know that if you'd bothered to measure it. Don't rely on other timelines to complete your navigation data; you'll end up like a parasite on the timestream if you do that.
>>
I can punch you into next week, pal.
>>
>>17284463
If you fail to complete the loop and return to your original timeline, you WILL alter the permanent mass of the universe. This is a non-negotiable property of space-time and it's a shame that we haven't seen any attempt to act on that principle. It is possible to collapse the universe when mismanaging time travel. This is the most common outcome of the invention of time travel in pre-singularity timelines.
>>
>>17285048
Precisely why we can't let just anyone do as they please for longer than their natural lifetime.

To say nothing of what we can allow for the length of their natural life. Suffice to say it's not safe to let people invent time travel willy-nilly, but it's usually fine to let them travel willy-nilly.

This term will not be specified a second time.
>>
>>17285518
This is why navigation data is critical to every form of time travel. Some might even call it hypercritical.

I tend towards the latter type.
>>17285637
Acceleration is a diversion.
>>17285766
You'd be surprised what people are ready to accept when you've become ready to tell them.
>>17288451
This is only half the story. It's also the true half. It's also the safe half, go figure.
>>17288523
Or unless someone else does, which is just as common.

Indeed, most time travel is an ill-advised reaction to other time travel that prevents exactly nothing.
>>17288556
It's also precarious, but any "advanced civilization" would know that already. In theory, unfortunately.
>>17288690
What is "true history"?

Kind of defeats the purpose of the exercise if you leave out the important bit.
>>17289127
There's a reason or two for that. It ultimately depends on how isolated you've made yourselves with your erratic policy changes. If only you'd been aware of the changes your future made before you'd set out to ruin your timelines.
>>17289600
It'd certainly be interesting, wouldn't it? If only it could be widely believed, should it prove possible.
>>
>>17300288
Like i said. I dont know the proper terms because they havent come out yet. But its considered retroversal disecting. You certainly can change your past.
>>
File: hue.jpg (161 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
161 KB, 500x598
>>17293203
The backup is stored on the moon, quite simply. Every event, every configuration of atoms, every emotion, every memory of every single being to ever live on this planet.

The moon is a big quantum computer.
>>
>>17298138
There isn't a modern physicist who wouldn't agree that newtonian physics is outdated.

That said claiming reality is subjective is what we in the business "a load of steaming horseshit".

I usually wouldn't comment on the rest of your post since it already demonstrates the kind of grasp of quantum physics that one would get from learning from a 5 year old who watched an hour of new-age spiritualistic interpretation videos; but this part just begs to be debunked:
>An Observer has an effect on reality. Just by looking is enough to change reality
The observer effect doesn't mean that the universe changes if you cover your eyes you idiot. It means that if you fire a gamma ray at an electron to measure it passing through the slit the gamma ray interacts with electron and that changes the result.

I could go on at length and explain how this experiment actually validates heisenberg's uncertainty principal but I've given up on teaching high level physics 1000 characters at a time.
>>
>>17300618
No idea how i understand this stuff but i sincerely believe i have accessed the cosmic universe. So by no idea i mean i have no idea how to make you attain it.

More explanation without the jargon on retroversal disecting. Everything evolves and it takes time. Fortunately with the complication of human communication it is a fundamental aspect that can be intervened at any given time that will have an outcome on how the organism or 'deminsion' will evolve to. When you go back in time you are only affecting THIS universe. Because to go back in time you are in control of the energy all around us. This is our 1 universe.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbFni6_25Y
>>
>>17300633
The moon is a resource they landed on and set up fat ass structures. I have no idea but apparently the structures are made of crystal
>>
>>17290037
Observation is a hard problem for a curious mind.
>>17290083
Sounds like a difficult problem. The past can't see the future so it has trouble believing in it. Not really all that different from certain types of interaction that occur with active jumps.
>>17290114
Probably doesn't work when both outcomes occur.
>>17290189
Logic can't steer. Only you can.
>>17290303
You'd be surprised.
>>17290360
Depends on the true origin point of the decision.
>>17290633
How does that work for a boat on a wave?

>>17290652
The density and commonality of such holes is an important question to ask and understand. Until it sees discrete scientific scrutiny, it'd be unwise to try to create any sort of temporal policies. I'd hate to be wrong about the fundamental structure of time and space, wouldn't you?
>>
>>17290693
>it does no use to talk of it as if
Asking no questions will consistently create no answers. It's one of the more stable ways to make a time loop converge on its own outcomes.
>>17290820
Keep up the good work. Hope this message gets back to the original version of you that posted that.
>>17290845
It is what it is, isn't it?
>>17290988
>In an existence of pure consciousness
Suicide and depression become all but incurable.
>>17291020
Not an inaccurate analogy.
>>17291115
>but you never will see the mountain again
>>17291154
>a step into a future
>a
>>17291319
>gimme a dummy guide or whatever
Best to get off the internet at that point, honestly.
>>17293203
If only "the" "future" would let it be so simple, eh?
>>17293215
People will always remember. You can't turn off all the world's memories the way Hollywood screams it.
>>17295641
I'll just be passing on through then.
>>
>>17297759
It's a hard problem for me because I don't want to blow them all to hell the way the rest of the world usually does. Observation is a hard problem.

It really, truly is.
>>17298062
>If there was a mirror a lightyear away we would see a year into the past through it - right?
Yes. There are movies devoted to this idea, but it's usually concealed as some other pseudoscience.

>why would it make a difference to the universe if there were suddenly two of me?
It wouldn't and doesn't. What matters to the universe is an infinite amount of you spawning in a very small portion of space and time. Usually we can detect it before the mass exceeds possibility, but sometimes, sometimes, we can't.

>the centre of the universe
You're not wrong, but "when" is a non-trivial part of that calculation.
>>17298138
>Do you realise how fucking major that is..?
If you don't see it mattering to everyone, then it probably doesn't matter to everyone.

>If that ain't spoopy well fuck me idk what is
>>17298284
>if
Were that it were only that easy.
>>17299655
Mmm.
>>17300635
2000, but I feel ya'.
>>
Satan has the ability of time travel in a variety of ways. Personal favorite might be a rewind.
>>
Run like hell...
>>
>>17288471
>I have a magic wand. I can create gold bricks from walrus farts. I can map other planets using a deck of playing cards I've never purchased. I have a unicorn horn tucked neatly inside my anus.
-Me.

See? I can say random shit too. The only thing left is for someone to say "prove it". And like Major Stubblebine, I'll claim I'm not allowed to.
>>
>>17289600
I think the X-Men already did this.
>>
File: serveimage-407.jpg (41 KB, 320x500) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-407.jpg
41 KB, 320x500
There is such a thing as a tesseract..
>>
traveling through time requires a space ship that can travel through time. the planet orbits the sun and rotates. the solar system moves through the galaxy and the galaxy through the universe

you dont want to end up out in space with just your clothes and a watch that lets you go back in time because you went back 2 years do you
>>
>>17283262
basically interstellar
>>
File: Steins_gate_xbox360.jpg (95 KB, 250x358) Image search: [Google]
Steins_gate_xbox360.jpg
95 KB, 250x358
>>17289600
>>
>>17302753
>not on crunchyroll

It's hard, being this pleb.
>>
>>17302802
>not torrenting
>2016
>>
>>17289600
There's a manga like that. The enemies are plants and bugs. They dropped the plot thread for the mc having issues, so that's unfortunate.
>>17302802
>crunchyroll
>not noticing he posted the game
Top pleb.
>>
>>17302859
Been meaning to watch it for awhile now, pic just reminded me.
>>
through consciousness

source: i've done it once
>>
>>17289600
THIS, i've done it.
when on acid a friend totally killed everyone and then killed self but I was watching from a higher perspective from which time was non-linear and managed to avoid remaining on that path
>>
Time doesn't exist. It's just a concept we humans created to measure change.
>>
>>17306339
That's true, but infinite possible parallel realities, which in a sense is time but without the paradox if you travel from one 'period' to another. With the use of complex sound and resonance you can open portals, that's how the ancients did - imo.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 827x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 827x575
>>17306785
actually the time machine from the movie could work! If you had the understanding of the necessary resonance patterns. But it would be only a possible future because you are not included anymore.
>>
>>17288415
I mean, at least science isn't role playing.
>>
>>17289853
virgin detected
>>
>>17290876
lol
>>
File: time.gif (2 MB, 468x500) Image search: [Google]
time.gif
2 MB, 468x500
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.