[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm writing a paper on the Wendigo. Anyone know anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Wendigo.jpg (55 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.jpg
55 KB, 500x665
I'm writing a paper on the Wendigo. Anyone know anything about this mofo?
>>
File: homework_lady.jpg (66 KB, 515x720) Image search: [Google]
homework_lady.jpg
66 KB, 515x720
Do your own homework.
>>
I am writing a script too. It's about the wendigo in a small town.
>>
Google yo.
It just works.
>>
Look up Windigo by John Robert Columbo. One of the best Wendigo collections. Wendigo isn't what x or shite games make it out to be.
>>
>>17243667
There was a good recent thread, check the archives,
>>
>>17243667
Look up the relation to the Wendigo and famine/cannibalism.

Book I read said that if you were starving in the winter and had to go all Donner Party on your friends/family you could just say you were "touched by the Wendigo" and that it wasn't your fault.
>>
>le reddit monster
>>
>>17243667
>. Anyone know anything about this mofo?
jup. it doesnt exist. just like any other shit on this board. (except sleep paralysis. that shit is scarry as fuck)
>>
canadian lore,has been strange killings in canada that have been blamed on the wendigo, is either a beast or an evil spirit, wendigo is always hungry and eats people

https://books.google.com/books?id=MJTuqyabJTgC&pg=PA75&lpg=PA75&dq=wendigo+killings&source=bl&ots=qLiL-RO9Z8&sig=_5wGed5cll85x7rPR7goxBf9srA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiegb_s-bnKAhUC5SYKHe9xBMAQ6AEISjAJ#v=onepage&q=wendigo%20killings&f=false
>>
>>17243923
Yeah, but that still doesn't mean that people didn't get killed for eating people.
>>
>>17243667
research skills are a crucial component of literacy
>>
File: Pulp_Fiction_3_travolta.jpg (100 KB, 1600x873) Image search: [Google]
Pulp_Fiction_3_travolta.jpg
100 KB, 1600x873
This is why the "paranormal" get such a laughable reputation. You can't write an empirical paper without quantifiable, repeatable results.

You could, however, write a paper on the lore of the Wendigo, but you would need to do your own research. It's not as though you can cite 4chan as a legitimate source.
>>
>>17243667
The Wendigo is a mythology common to severe scarcity societies, as in those cultures where resources commonly become so rare that resorting to cannibalism is a relevant and pragmatic option.

The stories follow a very formulaic path, such that the cultural relevance of the stories is spelled out through them. Firstly, eating the flesh of other humans benefits the person dining. This illustrates that the pragmatic need exists, and that the initial results are what's expected, and more. Yes, do dine on your fellow humans, it won't just feed you, it will make you strong.

But then comes in the damnation cycle. Westerners will see a similar pattern in their deals with the Devil mythologies, initial gain for sacrifice/punishment later. This is a common theme in human culture.

The "wendigo" becomes a supernatural being, strong beyond human measure, fast beyond human reckoning, but entirely obsessed with eating more and more human flesh. The trade, as all cultural "deals with the devil" are, requires the complete loss of humanity and morality in exchange for base survival and skill.

The Wendigo legend spells out, perhaps, the most distinct relevant separation of core savagery and civilization. It declares that for all the short term personal benefits, all you become is a monster to be destroyed.

Watch the film Ravenous. Captured it perfectly.
>>
>>17243667
You could read up about swift runner, real or myth, it is still a very interesting story. I'm not even allowed to bring up the witiko around my family.
>>
>>17243667
Have this as well. It could serve useful in your studies.

>http://www.native-languages.org/witiko.htm
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.