[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>last night I dreamed that someone from my hometown had died
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1445571517858.jpg (25 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1445571517858.jpg
25 KB, 346x346
>last night I dreamed that someone from my hometown had died
>he actually died this morning
Explain this to me /x/, it's freaking me out
>>
>>17241199
Dream world is real world my nigga.
Without sounding too weird (I hope) I feel like I carry on a lot of relationships in my dreams with people I don't or can't see in the real world for whatever reason. You know that refreshed feeling you get after a dream sometimes? It's because it was more real than anything you experience in "real life"
I realize now I didn't really answer your question but I hope you see my point lol
>>
A skeleton popped out.
>>
Simple you're the killer case closed https://youtu.be/APj2ArUy6v4
>>
I dreamt the Boston Marathon footage before waking up for work that night.
>>
Did you wake up naked in the woods, too?

I think you might be a sleep-killer.
>>
>>17241211
I kind of see where you're getting at
I feel like our brains connect when we sleep or something like that
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 176x94) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 176x94
Things are mathematically inclined in the universe. infinite probabilities mean anything in theory could happen, like you dreaming someone died and it happening at the same time. correlation doesn't mean causation.
>>
>>17241826
I don't think he's worried he's caused it anon.
OP I've dreamt the future multiple times In my life (mostly mundane things) but instances where I was able to shout out I've dreamt this and call out the next couple of minutes of life and been correct.
There is a vast ocean of possibility in the subconscious and unconscious realms. Don't doscount some thing you spend almost a 3rd of your life doing. Sleeping and dreaming.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 219x231) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 219x231
I know, I got it from what he said, and I'm not discounting the only completely unexplained function of the human being.
And yes, that (Oh my god I dreamed about this) happens too often, and its not deja vĂș always. Or so I think.
>>
>>17241211
Yes I understand this, but if you try to say this to somebody they will lock you up.
>>
>>17241826
You can't prove that faggot. If you have nothing to contribute other than circular logic then don't post at all.
>>
Versailles?
>>
>>17241211
Ah, the same thing is true for me, I am sorta of friends with some people I've met in my dreams. They feel safe and familiar when I think about them, even though I have only ever met them in my dreams.
>>
>>17241848

Hi cutie
>>
>>17241919
That's only happened to me a couple of times with people I've met in dreams, but it happens pretty often with people I already know in real life. Sometimes I think it's just a dream, but sometimes the dream feels different and it seems like they're actually there. I've also had other friends one time start talking about how they had the same dream on the same night, so I think there's something to this "minds connecting in dreams" thing.
Or maybe Im just psychotic lol
>>
>>17241199
it's simple but breath taking. time isn't entirely linear, nor does everything move according to the arrow of time ( the neat scientific term for us moving from past to present along the path to the future which always shows up as the present ). there are certain paticles that actually move backwards in time when created. i think they may have been neutrinos . only relevant for dontext of course because neutrinos probably aren't involved.
but time is not entirely linear. einstein noticed early on that his theory of relativity allowed equally for events to move forward or backward in time without contradiction of the natural laws. not to mention many ancient cultures such as the norse who viewed time as being simultaneously past, presemt and future, and only our perspective of it changing as we progress through it. mushrooms are believed to be involved in how they understood it.

so what's the point? simple. a powerful enough event and/or receptive enough mind can lead to messages being sent to the past in dreams, when our minds have the fewest barriers to outside information. it's actually quite beautiful.
we are riding the arrow of time but not entirely limited by if
>>
>>17241826
Fuck off asshole. This just goes to prove the sheer fucking twat headedness of most rationalist trolls. Get a fucking life you ignorant cunt.
>>
>>17241919
I've had this as well. A group of people I feel completely comfortable with, like we've been friends for ever. IRL everyone gets scattered around the world, so it could just be a wish fulfillment dream. Feels real when I'm in it though, familiar and comfortable. Good subject for a thread of its own.

Not to hijack OP's thread, OP, I guess you experienced something there, the 'knowing' that can come in different forms. There is no explaining it really, no-one really understands the mechanisms of how this stuff works.

When I first got into esoterics I had a lot of mild psychic experiences, it was like I was being shown some of the possibilities out there. When I decided to try to live in a way which was more closely aligned to spiritual things, the experiences became fewer, like they had served their purpose. Maybe there was 'someone' showing me those things. Maybe, OP, you needed something to wake you up to possibilities? I only suggest this because you sound surprised by the experience. For example, I wouldn't be surprised, because I've seen similar stuff before and I know that's how the universe works.
>>
>>17241199
This happened to me twice but kinda different.
I've dreamed about visiting someone, we had a long talk in the dream and then a couple days later they died
>>
>>17241199
>Explain this to me /x/, it's freaking me out
You misremember. You heard about this person's death before remembering the dream.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.