[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the universe's start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: nightmare goggles.jpg (103 KB, 840x578) Image search: [Google]
nightmare goggles.jpg
103 KB, 840x578
Assuming the Many Worlds Interpretation of the Universe is correct, we know that every universe branches into two more for every binary possibility, and all these universes keep expanding out, seemingly forever. But if that's true, then all the universes could eventually be traced back to a singular Happening that then split. So what could that have been?

Thinking about this is making me begin to think that this all being a computer simulation is actually plausible.
>>
OP here forgot to mention I'm a girl.
>>
Why would this make you think a computer simulation is possible?

Your complaint is that the theories of of existence all just shift the onus of the moment everything began onto something else. Then you say that it makes it seem plausible that we're in a simulation. So then what made the simulation?

You're making the exact same mistake you're complaining about.
>>
Real op here God damnit /x. I am actually a girl but that doesn't help at all.
>>
>>17233633
girls smell good, I think.
>>
Actual op here. Yes, I am a girl, but that's irrelevant. But if enough people post in this thread I will prove I am a girl ;)
>>
>>17233609
What nation?
>>
>>17233632
What made the simulation was beings that exist in an infinite universe.

>>17233633
Fuck off fegit, sorry if I'm not up to /x/ culture. Guess I should've posted on the science board.
>>
>>17233651
> Guess I should've posted on the science board.
Anything is better than any of Hiro's new boards...
>>
>>17233651

>What made the simulation was beings that exist in an infinite universe.

So why is it possible for you to believe we are in a simulation created by beings in an infinite universe, but somehow it's not possible that we are in an infinite universe?
>>
>>17233675
Because our simulated 'universes' run on different mechanics from theirs. Like, quantum shit exists in our simulation but not in their (the real) universe.
>>
>>17233687

What reason do you have for believing that for some reason it's more plausible that we are NOT in an infinite univserse but are a simulation created by beings in an infin

actually forget it. I already know this conversation is going to be fucking annoying.
>>
>>17233662
>being this new
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.