[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post some of the dumbest, most illogical reasoning you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3
File: iceberg.jpg (737 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
iceberg.jpg
737 KB, 1400x1050
Post some of the dumbest, most illogical reasoning you've ever encountered. Not just stupid logic, but stupidity so insurmountable that it could only be supernatural.

I'll start:

>human consensus creates terrible results
>better create a hive mind to solve this problem
>>
This is way retarded: >>17197640
>>
>>17197674
Same poster as >>/sci/7771964 so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>17197692
>>>/sci/7771964
>>
>I have no knowledge of God
>Therefore God does not exist
>Therefore I will not attempt to gain any experience of God
>Therefore I have no knowledge of God
>Therefore God does not exist

And bingo, you have a fully formed atheist! Secure in its ignorance, and ready to preach.
>>
>>17198245

This.
>>
>>17198245
>I have no knowledge of fire breathing space monkeys
>would you believe they exist?
>would you attempt to see if they exist within our current limitations?
>>
>>17198335
fuck you
>>
File: fuck.png (272 KB, 280x413) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
272 KB, 280x413
Fuck Pat you stupid shit it's not hard
>>
>>17198335
>And bingo, you have a fully formed atheist!
>>
>>17197640
>moon nazis
>>
>>17198497
>this just in, atheism is bad!
>not the other belief systems that have objectively led to much more death and destruction
>>
>>17197640
>Current human technology cannot feasibly travel beyond our solar system
>Therefore, no other race can travel beyond their own solar system
>>
>>17197640
>There are no conspiracies
>No person or group has a hidden agenda, or could have goals outside of what they freely admit
>Every conspiracy ever uncovered doesn't count
>>
>>17198335
Who knows maybe they are fire breathing space monkeys but the difference is through out history almost all cultures believed in the human spirit or some sort of great existence.
>>
>>17198529
Yeah don't get me wrong, anything is possible, I won't dispute that. Its just whether space monkeys are probable, under our current knowledge of "things."
And almost all cultures believed that the Earth was flat, or that their race was superior to others, or yadda yadda yadda. It's not proof enough for certainty.
>>
>>17198545
Dragons too, I believe. Every culture had a dragon myth, but we've yet to discover any dragons actually existing, or proof of their prior existence. Obviously the dragon concept came from somewhere, big ass lizards or snakes or some shit. Just how the idea of god/gods came from wanting explanations for everything.
>>
>>17198545
Ya as a collective a lot of cultures did believe in some things that were wrong and some that were right. I just think we didn't have our breakthrough yet like we did with science, electricity, digital and so on. And no what was written in a book 2000 years ago doesn't count as knowledge of spiritually. Science didn't know everything in a few generations and nether did spirituality.

And to be honest I hope we don't find the other side of the bigger picture. Mostly because of what we will do that knowledge.
>>
Anyway lets get back on topic. Sorying for derailing it.

>The government is hiding something
>They wouldn't hide something cause it will cause to much of a backlash when found and impossible to hide forever.
>>
>two buddies and I go to this supposedly satanic slaughterhouse at dark
>really religious and thinking that this satanic shit wasn't anything big
>both buddies are relatively religious as well
>we pull up to the gate, all of us feel really off
>we get out of the car
>dog starts barking
>get back in car
>longer we sit in the car, more terrified we feel
>buddy and I get out, but one stays in car with flashlight pointed at a pic of Jesus
>bud in car is trembling out of fear but gets out
>being religious we all say a prayer and walk through gate
>buddy starts quietly singing this hymn from church and anon and other bud sing along
>walk 200 yards up overgrown path
>slaughterhouse on a hill so we see cellphone towers everywhere
>we get within 100yards and bud goes "Jesus Christ anon. Jesus help us"
>he's scared shitless and so are we
>he's trembling so bad other bud takes flashlight
>get within 30yards of slaughterhouse
>scan it with flashlight
>see wide open garage doors, swastika graffiti, fuck graffiti, satanic paintings
>bud who's scared shitless tells me after that while we were doing that he looked in the bushes
>he saw 5 red lights about 40 yards away
>thought they were cellphone towers
>looked away
>looked back
>they're gone
>looked away and back again
>they're there again and moving spastically and getting closer
>back to flashlight scanning
>friend scans over something on roof
>scans away quickly
>tell him to look back
>I see two shadowy children holding hands
>freakthefuckout.jpg
>bud tries telling me they're pipes
>they have torsos arms and heads
>ran away down path
>look back
>they're gone
>gotta go fast
>speed away in car
>>
>>17198514
>objectively
what religion did hitler practice
>>
>>17198554
It's probably because people found dinosaur bones all over the place, but back then they didn't know what they were.
>>
>>17198245
Your understanding of atheism is quite flawed, my man.

Atheism is simply the rejection of the belief in God. People can have this mindset for a variety of reasons. Mine is simply because the notion of a God is illogical, pure and simple. And I don't preach.
>>
>>17197640
can't believe nobody's mentioned timecube
>>
>>17198514
>And bingo, you have a fully formed atheist!
>>
Anti GMO and anti vaccine people are the most illogical dildos on the fucking planet. Trying to have an intelligent discussion with these people is incredibly frustrating. They spout bullshit from bullshit studies and swear up and down that it's the truth despite science proving them wrong again and again. Fuck. I wish we could put them on an island with no GMO or vaccines and let them die off slowly.
>>
>>17199368
this desu
>>
>>17198245

I have literally tried the whole Christian thing. I was 100% dedicated and devoted to it, until I realized that, one, it didn't make me any happier and two, nothing ever happened to make me believe that there was a god. Because of this, I could have accomplished the same thing by praising any ordinary rock outside, or decided that a werewolf was actually the creator of our entire universe. Suddenly though, you say a rock, or a werewolf, and people roll their eyes. Legit no difference though. At the end of the day, both are equally retarded things to believe in and praise.

>Come on x
>People believe in a god that they can't see or hear
>Don't believe in paranormal experiences

Priorities, man.
>>
>>17198245
Raw.

Even worse though, fools trying to bring godly men down. Its fucking despicable.
>>
>>17198245
that's agnosticism.
>>17198335
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule
Also, -5 points for turning Russel's argument into a "lel, leprechauns, aimrite?" thing, as always
>>
File: Romeojulibait.jpg (24 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
Romeojulibait.jpg
24 KB, 478x373
>>17198245
>I do have a feeling though
>A feeling that those who believe in others or don't at all are wrong
>Therefore I butcher them
>Therefor I am righteous
>Therefor I am a godly man

And bingo, you have a fully formed man of god! Secure in its ignorance, and ready to preach.
>>
>>17200161
LOL, definitely works that way too.
>>
>>17199912
I can respect that, your experience from being open minded and giving something a fair try.
>>
>I want to believe in stupid shit such as flat earth and demons
>stupid shit must be real
>>
>>17198892
Same as all world leaders. Devilry hidden behind another prominent religion.
>>
>>17198897
Sounds like they might've had a solid notion...
>>
>>17197640
Nearly everything on /x/ haha
>>
>>17200478
This. Fuck /x/.
>>
>>17198245
Schroedingers God? If you don't see him, he either exists or doesn't exist.
>>
>>17200494
Stupid logic #32:
>doesn't like /x/
>refuses to leave
>>
>>17198514
Its sad you taken everyone elses interpretation on religion as what it actually is.
Do you hold your breath? You make your heart pump?

But maybe your right. Unadulterrated consumerism is true nourishmemt of the soul.
>>
>>17199912
Its funny how many more people have believed in something than those that have believed in nothing.

Kind of makes you feel foolish, huh?

Seriously, interconnected ideas have surfaced in all religions.

A mountain of lies cant cover the truth.

To those that have tried religion and felt it has failed them, look inward, and try again.
>>
>if I willingly fuck my psyche up to believe something I made from the ground up is real it is real

shoutout to all the tulpa, card reading and whatever fags that killed this board
>>
>>17201309
/x/ is not just for your shitty occult bs you know, it used to be a creepy board for creepy stuff, and that's still the only rule for the board.
>>
>>17198245
That describes militant atheism pretty well, but I don't think most atheists think in those terms. The atheists I've met were readily willing to admit that their assumption that god does not exist is a belief in its own right, not a form of knowledge. I believe such atheists are coming at it from a binary perspective where they analyze the logic between the two polar opposites of the logic you provided.

The argument goes as thus: Suppose the opposite.
>Therefore God does exist
>Therefore I will attempt to gain any experience of God
>Therefore I have knowledge of God
>Therefore God does exist
And bingo, you have a fully formed theist! Secure in their ignorance, and ready to preach.

Basically I don't trust the human mind when it tries to communicate with the environment at large.
>>
>>17198335
Damn straight I would.

If I could.
>>
>>17198514
Atheism leads to apathy, which is thought to lead to amorality, but doesn't. Proving that apathy does not lead to amorality is non-trivial when everyone's hell-bent on judging each other.
>>
>>17200494
>doesn't like /x/
>doesn't leave /x/
This is the dumbest logic in the thread. If you don't enjoy /x/ anymore, then go somewhere else. Why would you willingly sit in a place that you don't like and actively complain about how much you don't like it?
>>
>>17198516
That's a surprisingly common one.
>>17198545
We've actually sent monkeys into space, FYI.
>>17198545
>almost all cultures believed that the Earth was flat
[citation needed]
>>17198585
You're the kind of person I enjoy meeting.
>>17198897
I can actually believe that one.
>>17199368
1. The person you're responding to believes that speaking in a public forum such as this is a form of preaching.
2. They've got MILITANT atheism pegged.
>>17199402
My understanding of timecube is that it's hard to pinpoint WHY timecube is illogical because there isn't any reasonable way to find out if it's making any sense at all at any point.
>>17199424
>bullshit from bullshit studies
The existence of such things is evidence of a very real phenomenon in human society.
>and swear up and down that
...Because they don't have any other authority to speak from.
>it's the truth despite
It really sounds like you haven't cognized the fact that such people really believe what they're saying.
>science proving
This never happens. Science is a process, not an answer or a body "knowledge."
>>
>>17199912
>nothing ever happened to make me believe that there was a god
You are a an inspiration, truly.
>>
>>17199927
>godly men
Dumbest singular phrase ITT.
>>
>>17198507
>implicating there aren't

Begone
>>
>>17200436
Buuuuuut? Your experiences are more real to you?

Even one such person is evidence for me that god doesn't exist. It's not about god discriminating for some arbitrary reason. The most rational explanation for the existence of such people is that god legitimately does not exist in any theist sense.
>>
>>17200445
That's not actually how this board works. The "I want to believe" pics are complaints about reality's shape rather than an insistence that reality come to take the shape supposed by the desired belief.

You're conflating want to believe with actual belief.
>>
>>17201345
Can you try rephrasing that to make sense to someone other than yourself?
>>
>>17201383
>A mountain of lies cant cover the truth.
I can see someone hasn't yet met human history on their path.
>>
>>17201433
>/x/ is not just for your shitty occult bs you know
Interesting that you think I'm an occult poster. Literally no clue where you got that impression from my post.
>>
you guys realize that you argue over words and definition of words. most human totally forget about the intention hidden behind the usage of words.

how can we be so sure that every single event in our lifetime can be explained with the current vocabulary?
>>
>>17202308
Because we have words to express ourselves.

Sometimes it takes more words, sometimes less, but words are just shorthand for explanations we've all already heard.
>>
>>17202308
>words and definition of words
Nobody's even debated the definition of "god" yet.

This discourse has been purely conceptual. None of the posters here debated semantics.
>>
>>17202028
Buuuuuut? Your experiences are more real to you?

Well, yes. There's no escaping this. Maybe once or twice and you could convince me I was hallucinating or whatever, but repeated experience is harder to write off as delusion. Experience is subjective, and that is a rich and wonderful thing. My experience of Spirit will not be the same as anyone else's, because we are all different.
>>
>>17202491
Sorry, first line was a quote, should have been greentexted.
>>
>>17202491
>There's no escaping this.
We escape it with reason; I consider everyone else's experiences to be as real as mine because I consider it rational and reasonable, not because I actually experienced being someone else.
>>
>>17202507
Not to say I care what you believe; I don't. I figure if you ever encounter a reason to consider other's subjective experiences as real, great. If not, so be it. It doesn't ultimately affect how you live your life so there's no reason for me to try to get you to reason your way out of your current beliefs.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.