[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 19
Last one fell off the board. Also,any tips on lucid dreaming,astral projection,OOBEs and discussion of sleep paralysis or hallucinations or general sleep problems welcome.

Here are some pdf's to get people started if they want to learn about projecting.

http://api.ning.com/files/P3hYmFgEsbPdxPgMJXWt7K6KUuoJYAYi7NXHr5GuVYff8NDqHvvmD7u8mkZ3MnPCSzZGPVKJ*2vwuowl*GbkLZeKNr0hUN0R/RobertBruceMasteringAstralProjection.pdf

http://www.baytallaah.com/bookspdf/132.pdf
>>
>>17145324
I appreciate it OP, but your books only talk about OBEs. Thats just floating around our plane in the spirit form.

Are there any guides out there on astral projection into the astral realm, like to to actual places in the astral world? I mean with that not only going out of body, but actually projecting into the spirit world and visitting other places/dimensions/planes
>>
>>17145466
Im not sure. I think I got these from the other chan. I havent read through them all the way yet because I havent needed to,but I see people asking for tips and books and stuff for beginners so I figured it wouldn't hurt to post them. I would think more people would have some around here but no one ever posts anything :/ I'll look for some more later and see what I can find.
>>
I had a dream I was on a plane that crashed. I survived the crash but some people died. Does the dream mean anything?
>>
>>17145536
Do you remember any details? Names,numbers,anything like that? Might come in handy. Dream interpretations are such a subjective thing.
>>
>>17145550
Hm, nothing much. I remember thinking I was going to die but I survived. I remember going and holding the door (the door was like a wire door at a house though) open for people to escape. I remember before the crash landing the plane went through a small cinder block wall. We were flying over marsh land (I live no where near any marsh land)
>>
>>17145633
Hmm interesting. I often find that most of my non lucid dreams dont hold any particular meaning besides filler for sleeping. But the more you pay attention and remember small details,the more you may be surprised to realize little things are a reflection of things in your waking life. Do you write your dreams down often?
>>
Anybody else feel something VERY strange at around 4:34 PM(PST) today? I was asleep and woke up, went back to sleep and woke up at exactly the same time and everything in my home and the current events outside seem off for some reason.
>>
>>17145681
I've been having feelings like that off and on lately. Like something is about to happen. Like a negative vibration in the pit of your stomach that you cant explain? Not today though.
>>
>>17145663
I rarely dream or remember them so I don't really write them down. This dream just had a weird feeling to it so thought I'd ask if anyone could interpret it for me.
>>
Hi, everyone. I want to share two things with you this evening; the first being a really great method for experiencing lucid dreams, since I didn't see anything about it in this or the previous thread.

I don't really remember what it's called, but I found it in an infographic linked from Reddit in a lucid dream thread on /x] a few years back. Basically, you just wake up 6 hours after you go to bed and, while keeping the rest of the body completely still, you lightly move your index finger up and down, as if you were gently tapping something. The reasoning is that 6 hours of sleep is enough to have some inkling of conscious thought, but still little enough that you could easily fall right back asleep. You must be supine, and your eyes must remain closed, so that you minimize the effects of waking up. So, say I went to bed at midnight. I'd set an alarm for 6a and put my phone/clock/etc. somewhere I could grab it and turn it off quickly and easily, with the least amount of movement while keeping my eyes closed. Then, putting my arm back at my side, I'd tap the mattress with my index finger very gently. This should catapult me into a lucid dream.

I know this sounds really stupid... I was skeptical at first, too. But it really does work! The first time I tried it, an incredibly intense feeling immediately overcame me. It's difficult to describe, but you know what it looks like when you place two mirrors in front of each other? Thats kind of what it felt like. I also felt a pressure in my chest, a kind similar to sleep paralysis, now that I think about it. If you experience or have experienced sleep paralysis, you know what I'm talking about. The feeling was actually so intense that it startled me and I woke up completely. If you don't believe me, just try it--it's incredibly easy to do.

The second thing I want to share with you all is the story of the first (and only) time I've tried this method. It's actually pretty crazy, so give me a moment. I'll try to greentext.
>>
OK, here's the story of my first time attempting the lucid dream method I outlined in >>17146227. To this day, it remains one of the most genuinely horrifying experiences I have ever had. I really do remember it like it was yesterday...

>be me, about 19 yrs old, home from college for the summer
>rediscovering /x] after a somewhat lengthy hiatus (sorry, I know that was very "summer" of me)
>lurking like the motherfucker I am when I stumble across a thread about lucid dreams
>find "finger-tapping" method and decide to try it
>first two nights, the feeling was so startling that I immediately wake up after tapping my finger
>probably was extra startling because I really never expected it to work
>third night, I end up staying up til 5a; decide not to do it because that would have me waking up at 11a, when the day would be too bright to fall back asleep
>unfortunately for me, I slipped into a lucid dream without trying as soon as I fell asleep

cont.
>>
>>17146341

>I am standing at the end of the driveway in front of my parents' house
>the sky is a very deep, but very bright purple; the trees all around me are dead, yet the air in the dream feels warm
>all the houses in the cul-de-sac are dark. I am alone, and I am overcome with the feeling that something is coming for me, and that I must leave immediately
>begin to panic, but remember that it is a lucid dream, thus I should be able to do pretty much anything I want
>jump up and attempt to fly away, initially going well
>think how fucking cool it is to finally be flying in a lucid dream
>i soon start to "putter out," if you will
>begin to fall back down into the cul-de-sac, panic reaching a crescendo
>wake up, breathing heavily
>ohshit.png

cont.
>>
File: tokaido.jpg (22 KB, 248x346) Image search: [Google]
tokaido.jpg
22 KB, 248x346
>>17146362

>continue to lucid dream and wake up repeatedly throughout the night
>have a lucid dream where I am in the unfinished basement. all the lights are off; however, there is a ghost in the basement giving off some sort of ethereal luminescence. for some reason, I have a katana. angrily, I jump up, intending the slice the ghost in half vertically, but it happens in slow-motion and I wake up before I come back down. very weird (pic related)
>have a lucid dream where I am in the jungle with safari gear on and a machete in my hand, cutting through dense leaves. in the dream, I cannot tell if the feeling I have is one of hunting or of being hunted
>have other lucid dreams but those three are the only ones I remember well now

cont.
>>
>>17146000
Ah I see. I think the closest scientists have gotten to discovering the meaning of disaster dreams is that its a reflection of stress of fear from your real life that manifests randomly. Oddly enough,when I have dreams like that its almost always directly in relation to something Im having trouble with in real life. Like,if my parents have been fighting,I'll dream one of them murders the other one. If I read a story about a serial killer,I'll dream that that serial killer has escaped and is in my neighborhood and almost always comes to my house and tries to break in. Every once in awhile I'll have one I cant connect with my waking life. Like zombie invasions or me being in school and someone coming in with a gun and there being a school shooting or something. In fact,the majority of my dreams are in a high school setting even though I graduated in 08.
>>
Sorry this story is long, but I'm almost finished
>>17146396

>in between each lucid dream, significantly more time in real life has passed and my room gets incrementally brighter with the rising of the sun
>after a time, the sun has completely risen and I am fully awake
>lie in bed for a moment, contemplating the emotionally tiresome night I just had
>listening to the hum of my ceiling fan and the quiet music I leave on throughout the night. I have moderate tinnitus and I frequently leave music on while sleeping because it helps drown out the ringing
>I slowly begin to feel that something is not quite right
>panic begins to intensify as I realize the source of the feeling
>ohgod.webm
>I didn't turn on the music last night
>I was too tired from staying up so late
>
>immediately the entire room goes dark as the day outside my window slams back into night
>literally day turns into night like someone slamming a door
>mfw I realize I had been waking up from lucid dreams into another lucid dream the whole time
>mfw I realize I had been LUCID DREAMING WITHIN A LUCID DREAM
>I am at Defcon 1 at this point
>music is now a garbled mess of static and disembodied voices
>ceiling fan hum turns into a rumble as my entire room begins to violently shake, like an earthquake
>in the panic, I look over into the corner at the far side of the room
>see a shadow darker than the rest of the room
>no
>it begins to shift a little
>no
>it stands up
>NO
>it slowly starts walking towards me
>I am screaming at the top of my lungs, hoping that I am at least making enough noise in real life that someone will hear me and wake me up
>I can feel my dream body thrashing and screaming, but I can also feel my real body totally still in bed
>weirdest feeling to feel your eyes opened and closed simultaneously
>however, the figure is now at the side of my bed, looking down at me

cont.
>>
>>17146494

>by the grace of Zalgo, I wake up just in time
>cold sweat, unsure as to whether or not I woke up for real this time
>after determining I actually had woken up, I look over at my clock
>5:43a
>
>
>
>mfw that whole experience lasted only 43 minutes in real life
>never attempt to deliberately lucid dream again

And that's the story. Honestly, I've never heard of a lucid dream within a lucid dream, but if it happened to me, I'm sure it's happened to other people. It really was one of the most terrifying experiences I've ever had. It's hard to explain, but the terror feels so damn real in those lucid dreams. Even though you know you're dreaming, you're hyper-aware of everything that's happening, so it's hard not to get panicked, especially because all of the second-level lucid dreams I was having were all sinister in nature. 99% of my dreams are nightmares, and I experience sleep paralysis regularly, so that's probably why.

Anyway, hope that was interesting to anyone that may be lurking in the thread. I'd be curious to see if anyone else who has experienced this wouldn't mind sharing.
>>
I've been trying for weeks without getting out of the body but having many kinds of experiences instead. just in the last two days I felt a pulsating spirit to my left and I had my finger move by itself briefly after clearing my mind (might have been the spirit).
the closer I got was from reciting mantras (om-mani-pame-hum) and another was after waking up from a lucid dream and getting to a sleep paralysis-like fear-inducing state.
>>
Please someone help me, I am trying FILD, do I do it automatically after I turn my alarm off?
>>
>>17145324
Had a dream where I unexpectedly died in an unknown, dark area. I happen to believe it was a schoolhouse with all the desks piled up against the door in front of me. I left through the back and couldn't really see much when I did, but there was something I never expected, that sometime after traveling around outside. I was eaten, I could hear as my body was being eaten by something, the only idea in my head of what ate me was that it was a zombie. I didn't really feel anything, but I heard it. Next thing I know I'm back outside again, seemingly alive and in one piece. I've never had death happen in a dream before.
My dreams are never very typical, and while I may have some form of movement in them, they tend to appear quite peculiar, and are usually in full colour. I'm also not very sure what it means to die and then simply return to life in a dream.
>>
>>17146603

Ah, that's the name of it! Yes, you do it right after you turn your alarm off.
>>
I dreamt my grandmother phoned me on the night of the 9th of December. We had a conversation I couldn't at all remember when I woke up. On the 11th she died in her sleep. What does it mean?
>>
I have nightmares every night and wake up at the same time every night scared along with the feeling of being watched. When I wake up this way I always see a shadow figure standing in front of me or beside me. What could this be?
>>
I had an interesting dream just barely,
> So It was snowing but me and two other >people were in a church running away from >two blonde girls that looked like giants. The >giants ran back and forth kinda destroying >stuff as they looked for us.
>I realized they weren't giants but that me and >the two people with me were actually very >small, like the size of mice compared to >everything.
>Me getting tired of just running away, decides >to actually destroy the church building by >running through each part in a tackling >position.
>Each part i hit just gets destroyed and finally >when i'm about done, im out side looking at >the two giants and im standing in the snow >when the two people with me call to me and >say lets go. and then I woke up.

any thoughts on what this might mean would be greatly appreciated :)
>>
>>17148260
Why the fuck do you put the > several times in the same line? not only is it annoying, it makes it harder to pay attention while reading too

also
in essence, you were fleeing from something greater than you, but then you decided not to flee and fight back
I think it means you feel that you can be very courageous, where others dare do nothing
maybe you also feel that other people hold you back from using your courage/will to accomplish something
>>
>>17147751
That sounds like sleep paralysis
you didn't mention that you couldn't move, so maybe you haven't tried to move yet, but other than that the feeling and the vision of the figure fits sleep paralysis
Even though you know it's SP it can be very difficult to understand it when you're actually experiencing it, but if you do, one way to snap out of it could be to hold your breath

>>17147733
so you had the dream on the 9th, and she died on the 11th, same week?
Well, it would've been a lot easier to say if you told us what the convo was about
maybe she just wanted to talk to you one last time
>>
>>17145633
maybe an insight into a past life. Do you have any irrational fears that may coincide with your dream?
>>
>>17146546
That's an astral attack bro, no lucid dream lmao
>>
>>17149110

Haha, how do you figure?
>>
>>17149153
becoming lucid in a dream often ends in OBE, often in OBE experiences when you end up in different realms or whatever things that appear in your normal 3D physical reality appear but distorted and a little bit strange. The garbled mess of state and disembodied voices you heard was astral noise.
>>
>>17146546
There are lots of occurrences where people have that kind of thing. It takes practice to conquer your nightmares, but you have to repeat that there's nothing these things can do to you. I can't say I've had it before, because when I lucid dream and experience a False Awakening, I lose my lucidity.

Dreams are based on your expectations too, if you convince yourself that it will be pleasant, it will be. Try to imagine some sort of object to dispel evil spirits/stop false awakenings, and the object will exist and work. It's your own dream, after all.
>>
>>17147751
That's probably a waking hallucination. Don't worry, it can't hurt you, it's just your brain playing tricks on you. If it's too uncomfortable, try joking around with it, or try changing your mood. When I get sleep paralysis, I treat it like a joke, and as a result I exert some control over my hallucinations.
>>
File: 1436724101367.gif (474 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1436724101367.gif
474 KB, 500x259
Here's the strangest dream i've ever had. This was about a year ago.
>be in a car with my older sister driving
>we get into a car crash, nothing major but our car broke down
>we call a taxi
>we're in a taxi driving somewhere
>look to my sister
>"Wait a minute....This is a dream right?"
>She looks kind of shocked and awkward
>She says "Just stay quiet."
>Look back down to my lap , knowing full well i'm in a dream
>I wake up

Was spooky
>>
>>17149388
Allways happens. When you tell people in your dreams that it is a dream or they are real they will watch you impressed/shocked.
I think its because how you would react to that.
>>
File: kaya scodelario 5.jpg (522 KB, 2162x3248) Image search: [Google]
kaya scodelario 5.jpg
522 KB, 2162x3248
this night i had a particular sweet dream
>driving in a car
>suddenly see a whore near the road dressed only in panties and a blouse
>she looked exactly like Kaya Scodelario, don't know if it was actually her but it looked exactly like her
>take her up and go to a nearby hotel
>arrive at the hotel holding hands togheter and the owner or receptionist is probably another hooker, she had massive tits and nice arse
>the big titted whore take a good look at us, giggles a bit, and tells me she has better looking women if i'm interested
>said no and ask her for a room
>get into room with Kaya
>get on bed
>action is about to start
>fucking alarm starts to ring and i wake up
well, i almost fucked a prostitute Kaya in my dream, any dream pros care to make explainings of the situation?
>>
>>17149520

Wait, one knee is six inches above the other.
>>
dreamt about someone telling me i was one of Rasputin's best friends in my past life

and me being modest and denying this ever being possible
>>
Been cutting back on the weed this week and have been having the vivid, visually stimulating dreams that I haven't had in like 3 years. It's just really nice to explore towns and houses that would be impossible irl again. Last night I was walking around a beautiful village covered in snow but wasn't cold and walked into a snug alleyway where an old hippie was having an open house where his apartment was amazingly decorated with cool lights, wreaths, ribbons and was giving out free rose stems with nuggets of kush instead of flowers at the head, was pretty magical and comfy as fuck. Thanks, dream hippie.

I'm going to start writing down my dreams again, attempt to become lucid or even give astral projection another go. This is a fucking great "withdrawal" symptom.
>>
File: 1451527849133.jpg (1 MB, 3492x2619) Image search: [Google]
1451527849133.jpg
1 MB, 3492x2619
So I made a creepy dream, do you think it means something?

>the sky is grey and cloudy and there is a thin mist covering the surrounding landscape, such that you can barely tell the ground appart from the sky
>everything is damp
>feel like I've dreamt this before
>be me, walking towards a lake to see the trees
>know that everyone who has gone there has died, yet still want to go
>get through some bushes and arrive at the edge of the lake
>take a narrow path of gravel to advance slightly further in the water
>pause to look around
>on my right, the sun is radiating through the clouds and revealing distant mountains
>on my left, I can see the trees I was looking for
>there's a grove of flat trees with blueish leaves sitting like mangroves in the shallow water
>the water itself seems to have an eerie aqua glow and the air is illuminated by fireflies
>in a world of grey, this feels like the most beautiful thing I have ever seen
>hear the creaking of branches behind me
>this is it
>turn around and see a large mass of tangled roots standing, it's somehow looking at me
>pass out

>wake up in a shallow pool of water
>this is the same place, except I'm far from the lake now
>there is only calf-high water and I can't see anything else beyond the fog
>keep walking for hours, I can now see silhouettes of old ruined towers scattered around the place
>I also see other people walking like me in the distance, but decide not to approach them
>keep walking, the fog gets thicker so I can't see the ruins anymore
>run into people shambling around aimlessly
>except they are not people, but walking corpses
>get scared and try to run away as fast as I can in the water
>more and more zombies are here, it's like a gathering
>none of them are attacking me
>realize I'm one of them

I think I woke up shortly after that.
>>
>>17149520
>action is about to start
>fucking alarm starts to ring and i wake up

every time
>>
Not sure how active this place is. Saw the stream of colored lights, realized I was in dream, felt intense vibrations in head then had to figure out how to guide it. First lucid dream and I'm not entirely sure how it happened in the first place.
>>
>>17151728
That's good anon, if you did it once, you can do it again. Was this just in a normal dream?
>>
>>17151732
I was laying on my back and drifted off. Got to the phase where you just see a bunch of images flashing and nonsense and then for some reason just saw my bedroom in the dark with this string of flowing lights that crumpled together in a rectangular shape and then out over my SO's body side outline. I became aware of what I thought it was and started to try to balance focus- which was really strange to do- and felt the waves of vibration in my head the entire time. They got pretty uncomfortable and I remember looking down at my body and seeing my jaw clenching with it. I tried to just flow with it and managed to lead it into a dream, but was still in the dark room the entire time. Things got lewd.
I have night terrors a couple of times a month and wonder if they work in similar ways.
>>
>>17151769
That's interesting, I've only managed to get lucid through random points inside normal dreams, as when I tried to lay on my back and started to see images, I was too alert and kept snapping out of them.
>>
>>17151794
That's the part where I had to find a weird balance. I would focus too hard, and then I would feel myself wake up a little. When I let it drift too much the images just got more erratic and I would start to slip into sleep.
>>
File: 1438741791810.gif (481 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1438741791810.gif
481 KB, 600x600
Sometimes, i become half-awake during the night and feel some kind of electricity running through my body. It's not exactly paralysis because if i want to wake up, then all i need is the intent to wake up, i yank my body and that's it.
The thing is, i lately have chose to keep on that state, since it's quite a rare experience.

So anyway, i noticed that in such state i have control over some kind of "mental muscle", and while using such muscle, i feel my body weight increasing and going somewhat downwards, like i am sinking into myself or whatever it is that i am laid upon, the feeling of electricity gets stronger and is somewhat similar to a kind of vibration.
I also have the impression that my vision is darkening/zooming.

So, whenever i could do such, i always tried to link this to lucid dreaming or an obe chance, but alas, to no success.
I feel like i'm on the doorstep to something, but no matter how much i push this muscle, i can't get through.

Has anyone felt something like this or know what i am talking about? I have no idea what to do or what's going on exactly. Help
>>
>>17151991
It sounds similar enough to my experience with the vibrations. Try this>>17151823 the next time it happens.
>>
>>17149164
Stop spooking me man.
>>
File: 1451062662393.jpg (369 KB, 1186x788) Image search: [Google]
1451062662393.jpg
369 KB, 1186x788
>>17152025
Yeah, i totally agree with the focus part. I could link that to my sinking feeling and try it next time, search for a balance instead of going all the way. But i don't have much faith though.

I succeeded in having an accidental lucid dream last year where i controlled what i would see and feel, it was an incredible experience, though i had difficulty in discerning reality from dream.

I could decide what music i wanted to hear and i would hear it flawlessly, i also could imagine things and they would appear briefly later, i was so happy at the time, i wish it lasted longer but unfortunately i wasn't in complete control of the dream as i thought i was, i heard voices behind me, calling me practically screaming my name, and i though they were real, yanked my body up and it turned out that i was alone.

Since then i've had no experiences as such, and i'm not sure if this is the path to something like that accidental lucid dream. feels bad man
>>
>>17152108
The only thing that really led me on to knowing I was dreaming was the strand of lights. When I finally started to get control I was still there in that room with just a little illumination outlining everything. I didn't hear screaming like you did, or not that I remember, but I did have sex with a dream person and stopped having control from there. The realism was so confusing that I had to ask my partner about it the next day to see if something actually happened and it didn't. The lucidity didn't stay around for a very long time, but I did have vivid dreams that I remembered well after.
And the finding balance was surprisingly hard and simple at the same time. It's one of the most confusing things that I've ever tried to explain. I hope that you and I both can make sense of it and maybe it'll happen again soon.
>>
File: 1450050886697.jpg (266 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1450050886697.jpg
266 KB, 1280x960
My latest dream was pretty unusual considering that they're usualy long and fucked up and this one was pretty simple.
>Sneaking through some old dark mansion during a night with rain
>Get into some big hall, wait there hidden
>After some time they turn on the light
>People just appear the moment it's not dark anymore
>They start some kind of party
>Reveal myself
>From my arms, just above my hands bugs are coming from under my skin (I think they were lices though I'm not sure)
>People are panicking everywhere getting swarmed by bugs
>I stand in the middle of the hall motionless
>Sound of the bugs falling on the floor start to sync with the rain
>Stand there in peace hearing only rain
>Dream ends
>>
>>17145324
Lavender essential oil to sleep. Rosemary essential oil for dream recall. Peppermint essential oil for vividness of dream. wew lads
>>
File: 1451156054288.jpg (297 KB, 918x1224) Image search: [Google]
1451156054288.jpg
297 KB, 918x1224
>>17152183
Ah, i hear ya, anon. Must have been a pleasant lewd experience i hope.
Thanks for sharing your experience, and as another anon said, if you did it once, you can do it again, i say so to me as well.
luck to us both
>>
I prayed to angels to punish my brother for how he was mean to me and that night or so I had a dream that my brother died and I was diagnosed with cancer. I was pretty happy and hopeful on both things.
>>
>>17152248
you party pooper anon, you think it's connected to some experience you had?
>>
File: 1450929576406.jpg (35 KB, 486x431) Image search: [Google]
1450929576406.jpg
35 KB, 486x431
>>17152326
Nah not really, never ruined any party or even feared such situation. Perhaps party was a bad word to use beacuse it was more classic, with classical music, fancy clothes and fancy food.
>>
File: men-in-black-9.jpg (11 KB, 280x221) Image search: [Google]
men-in-black-9.jpg
11 KB, 280x221
had this one about 2 months ago, but still remember it pretty well.

>sleeping one day at night as usual
>start dreaming things get weird
>all of a sudden i feel as i get knocked out
>i "fall asleep" within the dream only to wake up in what looks to be like a suv or car
>see 2 men wearing black suits dressed well driving
>i "wake up" and ask them what the hell is going on
>one of them looks back at me and replies "none of this is real"
>he says "your getting played, and you know it"
>i ask him what the fuck he was talking about
>all of sudden the car crashes to a solid brick wall
>i "die" within the dream
>wake up around 10 am breathing heavily
>still trying to figure out what that dream meant to this very day.
>>
>>17146454
Interesting. Was being in a school during a shooting a fear of yours?

>>17149057
I don't think so. I enjoy flying. I used to be a nervous flyer as a child but ever since being a teenager and adult, getting on a plane is no different than walking down to the shops.

One thing I forgot to mention was that I had a fight with my father that night (have had issues with him for a long time but we get along for the most part). I remember after the plane crash landed, he called me in a panic asking if I was okay. In real life he called me in a drunken panic to pick him up as he was lost on his way home from the pub (which is what caused the argument IRL).
>>
>>17152866
>Was being in a school during a shooting a fear of yours?
Not really. I wasnt really "aware" in high school. I didnt pay much attention to things like that until later.
>>
I had a strange dream two nights ago that kind of shook me, in it I was actually able to ask for the name of a person dreamed about and bring it back to reality when I woke up. The name was "Elvira Nighthold", she had dark brown hair, and was confined to a wheelchair. Weirdly, I had a lot of flashback style memories of dreams I had had before, some I know I can't recall but could remember having after seeing the flashbacks, another first for me. One of these even involved meeting this Elvira as a younger girl and talking to her, where we made our first acquaintance.

Another strange thing about the dream was the location, something of an abandoned industrial district that had been largely inhabited by poor individuals or just regular people who were there for other reasons or friends of the people living there. It had large brick buildings filled with junk like old mattresses and milled lumber, and what grass grew around in the dirt was yellowish and unsightly, most of the bushes didn't have leaves. However in the dream I hit another first and got this odd feeling that there were other dreaming people present, and could see them milling about, but their entire bodies blurry. Beneath the buildings, you can enter into tunnels beneath the old factories and storage buildings and there are thrift shops set up below, and a particular military surplus store that I remembered from a past dream a few nights before that had camo T-shirts draped over thin white cardboard boxes that displayed them in a square. There were also three men perusing the shops that I couldn't see the faces of, but knew they were important, and they commented on how worthless a seemingly expensive golden Christmas ornament was hanging on a tree in a canteen area.

I know that's pretty specific, but as I felt other dreamers were there, I was just wondering if anyone had dreamed of this place before, and more importantly if any of you have encountered Elvira Nighthold in a dream.
>>
>>17147733
>the 9th
>the 11th
confirmed granny illuminati.
>>
Dear /x/,
I have been an active lucid dreamer, a victim of sleep paralysis and i am able to recall my dreams almost EVERY night. I have a great relationship with my subconscious..

This is my question: Has anyone ever been back to the same neighborhood in their dreams? I have mutliple neighborhoods in my dreams that I often visit and I can sketch out what they look like with a pen and paper. Usually i visit the same bar, or house or beach or street in these neighborhoods and if one bar is pretentious in my dream, that bar will remain full of pretentious dream people no matter what day i go visit in my dream.
>>
File: 1372690498938.png (448 KB, 1167x879) Image search: [Google]
1372690498938.png
448 KB, 1167x879
>>17151719
>not even your uncosnciousness allows you to get laid
>>
Has anyone every achieved a WILD in the beginning of the night (when you are first going to bed), as opposed to after 3-6 hours of sleep?
>>
>>17153696
Yes. A lot of times I will dream about places that are meant to be places Ive seen in real life,and some of the details will be similar to those places,but sometimes its a completely foreign place Ive never seen in real life but have seen multiple times in dreams.
>>
Had a dream I remember vividly a few months ago
>be me
>in a white room
>other friends are lying down on the floor passed out
>only one awake is one other best friend of mine
>he suddenly hugs me
>kisses me
>not sure what to do so I just stick my tongue out
>he sucks on it
>we start making out
>he starts to stroke my cock
>orgasm
>woke up in a pit of sweat and semen
What does this mean, /x/?
>>
>>17155613
That's the only time I've had one.
>>
>>17155677
:^)
nice dub
>>
>>17155677
You were visited by an incubus. Cleanse yourself.
>>
I'm a real bad dreamer. I used to when I was a kid, had weird nightmares. Figured it was the meds. Been on them for a long time and that means I haven't really slept well in a loooong ass time. That lead to an overall unwellness, physically, mentally. So I stopped all the pharmaceuticals this summer and im starting to get dreams back, so I'm hoping I can learn how to lucid dream. I don't fully understand just what it is, but everyone's about it so what the hell, why not?
Help me out guys. How do I make use of my sleep? How do I dream?
>>
File: q0YdOce.jpg (348 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
q0YdOce.jpg
348 KB, 1200x1000
>>17155880
How do I capture the incubus and make it my slave?
>>
Does going to sleep much later than usual at night help you do WILD when you finally go to bed?
>>
I've had lucid dreams within lucid
dreams within lucid dreams. Every time though I've been able to physically rip myself from the dream by tensing up my whole body. I've wanted to record it or have someone witness it but it's so unexpected.
>>
>>17145324
> i wake up in a black and white room in a wooden house
> i can see a girl lying down on the vertice of the room with a stair, she have long black hair and is looking to the wall
> can't move, just keep waiting to see what is going to happen, but i feel like i've seen that girl before in another dream
> she starts to scream louder and louder when she looks at me, but she stays where she was at the beginning.
> Now i'm not in a wooden house anymore, i'm a kind of open field at night, i see the same girl with long hair turning her back to me, but like before, i can't move.
> she screams louder, and then i wake up.
>>
I had a dream last night that I was getting blown by a man, and I later fucked the same man

I'm not gay, what does it mean
>>
I had a dream last night that I was blown by a man, who I later fucked

I'm not gay, what does it mean
>>
>>17157176
It means you're fond of male chickens.
>>
File: iWKad22.jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22.jpg
90 KB, 1440x1080
This is really paranormal...
>>
File: shrek.jpg (195 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
shrek.jpg
195 KB, 500x741
I used to have a weird reccuring dream/nightmare
>In the dream I would wake up in my bed in the middle of the night
>nothing would happen for a few seconds
>after a few seconds the door woul open
>some lady with long black hair would appear
>hair very slightly parted so I couldn't see her face therefore recognise her
>would always turn to me slowly say 'hello, anon' and jump me
>I would always wake up sweating and scurred
This used to happen when I was about 6-7 but a few years ago happened again a few times.
Pic semi-related she would look somewhat similar to this
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
I had a dream where me and a few people were told to go to different locations to see who could survive. I wasn't scared of any of them except for one where you had to run from an dark violet rv with no driver,

It chased me through rural areas, until it was just me and two other people, but we all got to our goal but we were all tired,we were literally outside the door, and the rv stopped just next to us

I ran in to the house to meet the other survivors, but as soon as I did that, the rv shot concrete out of the ground so fast that it killed the two survivors that I came with, they exploded

I was shaking as I went inside, and I could tell that the vehicle was mocking me and it was telling me that I could be killed just as easily

This was the scariest part of the
dream
Pic related was the color but the design was intimidating, H-happy new year

I woke up almost having a seizure
>>
Had a kind of a recurring dream of bull ants recently.
Like lines of bull ants through the house (like how you'd see regular ants lining up). They'd end up invading while I was sleeping.
>>
So, I wanna get an opinion on last night's dream.

I was in an old building with some sort of office inside it. There were two scientists inside and one of them was a very old man. I went outside the building and realized that this was a dream. Once I looked at my watch i was certain because there were 13 instead of 12 numbers on it. I was so certain that I told the old man but he could hardly believe it, no matter how i tried to explain.

Could it be that the old man was my subconscious? Because somehow he felt very familiar.
>>
for fuck knows how long I have routinely woken up at all hours in the night convinced I have swallowed chewing gum and jump out of the bed trying to cough it out lest I choke on it. it doesn't happen as often nowadays but it would happen every night for weeks on end when I was younger. I rarely ever even chew gum of any sort then or now and I've long been aware swallowing it won't cause you to choke

still get this every now and then though and likely always will and its scary as fugg
>>
>>17145324
I often have dreams that aren't visual or sensory in any way. They're abstract and are sort of like emotional rides. Does anyone else experience these? I might see random patterns or flashes of colour, and the changing from one colour to the next will invoke fear, or excitement, or worry. So nothing actually 'happens' in the dream, but I wake up incredibly scared or bored or something like that.
>>
>>17157897
I do have abstract dreams, and like you i wake up scared.
>>
wow you niggas are fucked. Maybe paint fence all day(for a week). I'm cleaning floor all day.
>>
>>17158380
you will forget whatever bothers you and have peaceful dreams of mindless labor.
>>
>>17158386
kinda like karate kid with all the work miage put the kid through.
>>
>>17158404
all you will know is paint the fence. You will wake up and go, god damn fence. lol
>>
>>17157853
Night terrors
>>
>>17155921
First thing in the morning, just lay still, half asleep, and try your best to remember any images.

If you get just a general feeling, or maybe a faint scene, that's a good start. Write them down when you remember them each day, even if you don't remember, just write down 'Don't remember.' Everyone dreams, unless you have a serious sleep disorder, you just forget it if you don't focus on remembering.

Once you have worked on your dream recall, and are used to keeping a journal, you then will want to start practicing reality checks. These let you know if you are in a dream. When preforming them, you should ask yourself 'Is this a dream?' If I legitimately believe I could be in a dream while awake, this helps me expect I could be in a dream while sleeping, You'll be surprised how real dreams feel while you're in them, it's usually just when you wake up where you feel they're not real.

A few reality checks that usually work are:
Counting your fingers (You'll have more or less)
Trying to pierce your palm with a finger (It will phase through, bend your palm, or do other odd things)
Trying to turn on a light (It will remain the same light level)
Pinching your nose closed and trying to breathe (If you can still breathe, you're dreaming)
Trying to read words/numbers (They'll either not make sense, or when you look at them again, they'll have changed)

There's other reality checks, but those are the most common ones I use. Some people check for their shadows, which aren't correctly aligned, but again, those should help you tell if you're in a dream. Practice them throughout the day and you'll start to do them in your dreams. I also recommend doing them when anything weird happens.

Lucid dreams just mean dreams where you know you're in a dream. Usually this allows you to exercise more control over the dream, but not necessarily. It's a skill you may have to work at. This should be a good start to becoming lucid.
>>
>>17157847
Perhaps, more likely you might have seen him, your mind reconstructed him, but you have forgotten where he was from. Next time try to summon him, or ask someone to lead you to him, and ask him where he's from.
>>
>>17157897
Not exactly like what you describe. But Ive been having issues the last year or so with not remembering my dreams exact in detail sometimes,but being triggered by thoughts or events or sounds or things I see in my waking life,which makes me think of my dream but not be able to figure out why. Like..it makes me think the idea of what happened in the dream has been triggered somehow,but I dont understand what the connection is. The last time it happened I was walking into my living room and glanced at the window,and then out of nowhere the idea of a recent dream that involved my father walking out the door and me and someone else sitting on the floor by the window came up. I dont remember having the dream,even. So Im not sure what the connection actually is. Not really related to your post other than the concept of a dream being an abstract idea or fragments rather than concrete details.
>>
So is dream walking more like controlling your dream universe, going to another plane of existence, or like that Spongebob episode where he goes to other people's dreams?
>>
File: sandman_dreamhunters_3_interior.jpg (1 MB, 1889x2953) Image search: [Google]
sandman_dreamhunters_3_interior.jpg
1 MB, 1889x2953
I'm glad to see that these dream generals can happen on their own. That's what I wanted all along, so thanks Anon

>>17159929
The latter, though I haven't been able to confirm any people as being on this Earth, so it could be complete BS as far as I know. I like to think it's not, though....

Controlling one's own dream universe is just lucid dreaming of course

The thing is, a sufficiently advanced personality *is* real, whether a product of the mind or another person asleep somewhere, here or another universe or something
At least, one should act as if this were the case during interaction, as it exercises social skills and makes the interaction more interesting overall

Sufficiently, though. Don't be too quick to assume something is a real being; that's a path to schizophrenia
Open-minded, but skeptical
That's the attitude one should have in talking to dream characters when somewhat lucid.
>>
>>17157844
Only thing i can figure from that is that you're afraid of ants, and afraid of how vulnerable you are when you're asleep

>>17157831
first off, you should go over your comments before posting them, parts of that is badly written and kind of hard to understand
second, a competition of survival, where you're the only one, even though you could easily be killed
maybe you feel as if other people are toying/bullying with you?
or perhaps you feel a need for some excitement in your life

>>17157759
reoccurring dreams are usually related to memories, could be you saw the grudge, or the ring when you were just a kid, or maybe some strange woman like that attacked you once?

>>17157171
the most obvious possibility is that you actually are gay, or bi, and you just don't want to admit it
another one is that you've had thoughts that you might be, even though you're not
or maybe it was a rape nightmare
>>
This is a pretty shitty and boring dream but never the less.

Walking down a hallway with posters and shit on the wall.
lady that I don't know, seems friendly but elderly walks up to me and asks me what I'm carrying.
I say that I am only carrying a book that I read and I'm interested in.
She says I can read the book in the room near a set of stairs leading to an exit of the building.
I'm not that afraid because I know this place and there are other people reading or just minding their shit.
I say no because I have to leave.
She says theres an exit there.
I say no I'l read the book when I get home and I also have to leave with friends(The book isn't anything spooky, its just a novel I've been reading in real life)
I can see disgust and slight anger in her face, nothing that says she will attack me, but I realize it, so I go to the main exits, my friends are waiting for me, I don't tell them and forget I assume. We walk down the sidewalk, the sky is stormy, and I don't know where we are walking to since we usually take the other path of the sidewalk. I ask my friends out loud. "it is friday right?" I don't know why I asked them. One of my friends turn around and look at me, and smiles in a friendly way, I didn't see and hostile intent, and laughs quickly and says no. I ask them what day it is. Nobody gives a response, I then say it is friday, what else would it be. Then I woke up. Of course today is saturday, not really spooky, but weird none the less. I rarely have dreams, but I've started to have dreams that seem realistic with actual people in them. I haven't had a dream with people in it in years, most of the time I'm just walking around a city.
>>
>>17149411

Has anyone ever tried telling a dream character not that they're in a dream, but that there is another existence that happens when you are asleep?
>>
>>17151991
I know exactly what you're talking about.

When I was at a meditation center for a couple months I would get this whenever I meditated while lying down and tried not to fall asleep.

also other nights something similar would happen, but instead it was just that one body part would get intense feelings of vibration until it just became so intense and annoying I would roll over and go to sleep because I couldn't take it anymore.
>>
File: 1431160314281.png (121 KB, 258x305) Image search: [Google]
1431160314281.png
121 KB, 258x305
I got bullied at school a lot, so that's probably what this stems from. I had this maybe a few days ago but it's still fresh in my head because I write it down right away when I wake up.

>somebody planted a bomb in my desk
>got in trouble for it, everybody yelling
>my crush beat me up, physically punching me and yelling at me until i was on the ground
>then started twerking on my face, ass cheeks clapping
>green diarrhea came out of her asshole and all over me
>suddenly i'm in a thrift store run by a chinese couple and i'm not covered in shit
>a chinese man offers me a syringe full of yellow fat-like substance
>excuse myself and walk to a nearby park
>the park is my old elementary school
>try to call my mom
>a guy with a voice changer picks up and says STAY AT THE PARK
>then a high pitched, piercing female scream
>was so loud it actually jolted me awake
When I woke up I was dripping with cold sweat lol
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.