[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anyone here raised pagan? What was it like? Just curious.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10
File: goat-mask.jpg (90 KB, 736x1021) Image search: [Google]
goat-mask.jpg
90 KB, 736x1021
Was anyone here raised pagan?
What was it like? Just curious.
>>
>Was anyone here raised pagan?

Technically that could just mean anyone not raised in the same religion you were.
>>
File: yuju.png (91 KB, 599x675) Image search: [Google]
yuju.png
91 KB, 599x675
>>17113113
It's like being raised Christian except without the scary hell thing and also lots of hippies. What the hell do you think, OP?
>>
>>17113142
....what am i looking at here?
>>
Both >>17113113 and >>17113142 see the world as white bread Christians and Others.
>>
File: yesonemoment.png (31 KB, 897x675) Image search: [Google]
yesonemoment.png
31 KB, 897x675
>>17113156
I can answer that question for you, after OP gets back to me.
>>
>>17113169
that's horrifying
>>
File: umbr.png (24 KB, 572x675) Image search: [Google]
umbr.png
24 KB, 572x675
Pagans are a bunch of feel-gooders trying to revive ancient European beliefs so that they can have an alternative to Christianity. Enough said.
>>
>>17113113
Are you retarded?

It's getting cold, isn't it?
>>
>>17113219
No that is not what Pagan means please consult the dictionary.
>>
>>17113219
i kinda like that one but the others are just awful...
>>
>>17113231
USE THE FUCKING DICTIONARY YOU FUCKING IDIOTS
>>
>>17113237
I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE HORRORS HE DREW NOT PAGANISM
>>
>>17113242
>>17113242
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
>>
>>17113245
THE DRAWINGS. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?
>>
File: ineverdied.jpg (9 KB, 178x203) Image search: [Google]
ineverdied.jpg
9 KB, 178x203
>>17113113
It's getting cold, isn't it?
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 663x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 663x600
I just remember bits and pieces, really.

Skulls lined up on the alter, whispy stands of hair still attached to them. Thinking that the little flecks of scalp still attached looked somehow like dried orange peels. Dreading Saturdays from age four, when mother started feed me my weekly dose of what she called "the Sacrement:" a dropper-full of liquid LSD. She said it would expand my mind, but I remember being terrified of the way the bare tree-branches looked like monster claws, and running, running to get away, but that only making it worse.

Watching my father slit the belly of a live, golden-eyed ram, and then forcing me naked inside the abdominal gash. The smell excruciating, hearing the bleating of dying animal from inside, face mashed up against its slowing heart, the lungs and viscera oozing around me, blood everywhere. Then ripped from the dead ram, held aloft, my father screaming "RE-BORN! THOU ART RE-BORN, CHYLDE OF HE OF HORN, HE OF HOOf!" Being forced to watch "the Wizard of Oz" every day, tied down, some kind of electric shock from a bare wire every time Dorothy said "there's no place like home." Being told I was not a human being, but a tunnel to trans-Plutonian space, to the dark qippohic nightside of the Tree of Kaballa. Being whipped with a bamboo rod every time I used the words "I" or "me," supposedly to "break me of ego conditioning."

After a while I learned how to go away from myself, to stand outside myself watching these things and other, even worse things. "That's not happening to me, that's some other little boy and I am just watching." I taught myself not to feel pain, to give the pain to the "other me" as I floated above, watching. Detached.
>>
>>17113398
More?
>>
>>17113398
Whoah. I know it's bs, but damn that is intense.
>>
>>17113398
You should write books anon, seriously. Turn that shit you just said into an epic. congrats.
>>
>>17113113
Actually curious myself... I broke off from the church as soon as I could, but still I wonder what it would be like.

My parents always just told me to pray whenever anything went wrong instead of actually trying to guide me (they were great parents desu, just misguided and didn't know any better they did their best) but I wonder sometimes if pagan beliefs would do similar.

>>17113219
>Pagans are a bunch of feel-gooders trying to revive ancient European beliefs so that they can have an alternative to Christianity.
Even if that were true, I'd probably take it. Christianity is a blight on my country. Not sure about the world because I can only speak for myself, but I would not be surprised if they felt likewise.

This is not to be mistaken for "hurr Christians are ebill ima atheist lolollol." Christian doctrine is so desperate to retain members that it fucks people up in the head, severely, and they don't even feed/house the poor or anything they say they will.
>>
File: 1435687409201.gif (261 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
1435687409201.gif
261 KB, 300x306
>>17113398
>>
File: image.jpg (480 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480 KB, 2400x2400
>>17113113
Pagan? Nigga try being raised Penguin.
>>
What kind of pagan? If Op means some sort of new-pagan then there are plenty of these hippy wannabe pretenders all around USA and Europe.
In the other hand If OP does mean truly ancient branches of pagan tradition...well then I doubt if they have Internet. These true pagans mostly live out in the sticks in Africa, Russia (mostly finno-ugric such as mari people), India and South America.
>>
>>17115065
Nope your wrong because they exist all places.
>>
I was raised Orthodox Christian so I have nothing interesting to tell, but there's that woman I know who might be pagan (we never discussed religion but her social media page seems to indicate that) and she has a little daughter. Now I'm actually interested if this girl's upbringing will be any different from the usual christian, atheist or whatever.
>>
File: hank.gif (45 KB, 225x348) Image search: [Google]
hank.gif
45 KB, 225x348
>>17113252
bye eric...
>>
File: 1442624975482.png (148 KB, 423x772) Image search: [Google]
1442624975482.png
148 KB, 423x772
>>17113219
Just because Christianity is one of the world's largest religions doesn't mean that any other religion is purely reactionary towards it.
>>
>>17113113
I was raised in a spiritual void. My parents were odd, my mother was a catholic in her childhood super strict parents. She ran away from all of that at a young age and forgot all about it. My father was also raised in a spiritual void, both of hos parents raised by parents completely devoid of religion.
When I first heard about God, I was like "wat?" this was in primary school. I couldn't grasp the concept of anything beyond the physical world. I think back then I was almost an animal, completely ignorant. It has taken me a long time to become even vaguely in touch with the Gods. I don't talk about it at length with my family, they don't seem to like it. It's weird, they aren't atheists though I have never heard any of them explicitly say "I don't believe in God" or "I'm an atheist". The subject is always changed or I am steered to end the conversation. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>17113132
technically no. it just means non monotheist.
>>
>>17113219

Amerifag in their 20s detected.
>>
>>17113398
This is a bullshit story. Why do you lie?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.