[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /x/ lucid dream? What causes it? People say they have talked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (299 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
299 KB, 500x375
Can /x/ lucid dream? What causes it? People say they have talked to God lucid dreaming. Are they just crazy? Almost had my first one last night so I'm interested.
>>
File: inception-dream-agents.jpg (371 KB, 1875x781) Image search: [Google]
inception-dream-agents.jpg
371 KB, 1875x781
>>17105124

I've done it a few times although it was mostly on accident. It's fun and an amazing experience but it's easy to forget it happened if you don't think about it after waking up. Dream recollection is one of the skills you're encouraged to work on if you're training to lucid dream though so that's less likely to happen if you're taking LDing seriously.

In my experiences I was more interested in how real everything was than doing anything like flying and usually stayed in whatever environment I was when I became lucid. I've also experienced the Inception phenomena where characters in the dream stare at you and start behaving strangely as if they know you're lucid which can be creepy.
>>
>>17105124
Anyone that claims to have spoken to God is crazy. Period.
>>
I have had at least two - the only thing I notice linking the two is that I was in a "quiet part" of the dream, so in one I was in the toilet and I think it was as I was waiting to finish urinating that I realised "hey, I'm in a dream." and the second time I was waiting around at a family function and it's as I was waiting that I realised "hey.." etc.

I also had another third dream which may have been lucid as well, where I discovered in my boxers there was a disembodied penis, and my first reaction was "oh no, my penis has fallen off!" and then I realised it wasn't mine, it was just in there as well. At which point the absurdity of the idea that someone else's penis would be in my pants somehow led me to think "oh, I must be in a dream".

when you say "almost" had one, how is that?
>>
>>17105178
sanity/insanity aren't real.
>>
>>17105188
>when you say "almost" had one, how is that?
I've been carrying around dice as my reality checker to start lucid dreaming, and in my dream I looked at my dice and they had a plus and 16 dots. Then thought hey I must me dreaming, Hurd a loud pop and whole body became numb. Then my alarm clock went off before I could do anything else.
>>
>>17105475
>Then my alarm clock went off before I could do anything else.

Damn matrix.
>>
>>17105124
I've tried to lucid dream before but it opened me up to get sleep paralysis.

Once I become conscious that I am in a dream, I tend to start waking up.
So I've never really completed it successfully. A friend I know says he's lucid dreamed but has gotten weird dreams after he stopped attempting to lucid dream.
>>
>>17105482
It knows, I can't know the truth.
>>
>>17105124
All the time. I dont even consider it to be out of the ordinary anymore to be able to touch,taste and smell,and form complete thoughts about everything around me and how it relates to my waking life in my dreams. Astral projection is what Im more interested in.
>>
>>17105780
So is astral projection being in full control and doing literally anything you can think of?
>>
>>17105791
I tend to think of it as more being able to control where you go,being able to teleport at will,and getting there regardless of circumstance(flying is common). OOBE's are usually related to seeing yourself before beginning the journey. I havent been able to do that yet. I've only been able to transport myself to random places a few times,but could fully control where I went from that point on. Its a feeling thats hard to describe because you KNOW what you're doing. There was one I had where I was attempting to get away from someone who knew I was projecting and wanted to wake me up and research me,and I consciously went through random houses and watched through the windows and made sure I could see where they were at all times. But more often than not,its just a conscious awareness that if I want to pick something up,I can. If I want to make somthing disappear,I can. If I want to eat or drink,or go into a store and take something,I can. If I wanted to touch someone,I could. And theres no consequences because its my dream Im controlling. And Im always conscious of the fact that Im in a dream. That nothing can really hurt me and that if I wanted to do something and I concentrated hard enough,I can. Kind of like a safe form of magic.
>>
Teach me how to lucid dream about fucking pussy
>>
I've been lucid dreaming for a while. Mostly by mistake, but you can induce them as well. Do frequent reality checks if you want to become lucid. Anyone claiming that anything in their dream is anything but a dream is crazy.
>>
I have vicious nightmares and the overwhelming need to wake myelf often put me in a controllable lucid state. Although I can't wake from the absurdity of the nightmare, I have recognition within it and will do something to trigger a mind/body disparity. Eg; In my nightmare I will forcibly drown myself, when I gasp for air; it happens in the waking world, my body and mind come into conflict. Underwater, I cant breathe, why am I breathing? This is usually enough to break the spell and bring me back to reality. My problem isn't experiencing my dreams. It's getting the fuck back out again.
>>
>>17105124
>>17105124
ive done it off and on but never really got it down. Im too lazy to keep up the routine, like sleeping too much to fuck with it and my school/work schedules get in the way. I know what to do to improve but im too lazy.
Ive done it a few times and never really taken full control, I think im trying to go over board with the dream setting and what I want and it doenst work.
>>
>>17105124
I did it twice. The first time i was about to go somewhere than i got paralyzed in real life, shit was scary man. The second i only remember a little bit of it.. Nothing fun.
>>
actually had one yesterday, don't remember why I did the reality check but I became lucid and started flying around like i like to do when i become lucid, but the dream ended when i flew back onto my bed from the clouds and thought I wasn't dreaming anymore so the dream became non lucid at that point. Then I just woke up completely.
>>
>>17105124
I can but I have very low control over it. Not sure what caused it but i have a theory. As long as I can remember I have had nightmares and weird dreams, never good ones. I started to learn how to tell my brain its just a dream if it got too intense, kinda like a defense mechanism. After that the dream usually fades away and a new one happens.
>>
>What causes it?
You remember what reality should be while in a dream.

This as opposed to "become aware that you are dreaming" which is how it's usually phrased. I've realized I was dreaming in a dream within a dream before and trying to lucid dream just gave me a severe headache to the point of "losing consciousness" and I suspect it's because I mistakenly still thought the dream the dream was within was reality.
>>
I have them sometimes without trying. I'm really bad at sustaining them, but I'm getting better at control. The key to conjuring things out of thin air is to believe you have the control.
>>
>>17110852
Yep,once you're aware that you're doing it and can do it it becomes second nature really.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.