[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Missing person thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 43
Havent had one in a little while. The more mysterious,the better. Lets start off with the Jamison family. Mother possibly involved in Pagan or Wiccan cult. Pic is the last known photo of the daughter,probably not long before death.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamison_family_deaths

http://www.reddirtreport.com/red-dirt-grit/jamison-family-disappearance-took-place-occult-line-tragedy
>>
>>17097093
Actually listening to an interview with David Paulides about his Missing 411 books looking at missing persons cases that have similar factors despite being far apart in location. It's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAh02EB7SNI

There are a few more interviews on the channel for his more recent books.
>>
>>17097115
Bookmarking this,thanks.
>>
This man, Billy Smolinski, went missing from a city in Connecticut not too far from where I live. In 2004, he left for work and was never seen again, leaving behind his ex-girlfriend and kids.
Pic related, these billboards are still plastered all over the state.
http://www.newsweek.com/2014/08/15/billy-smolinski-gone-2004-part-silent-mass-disaster-263142.html
>>
>>17097141
Interesting read, thanks
>>
>>17097115
Dave pls go. You need to at least be more subtle about your constant shilling. It's extremely obvious, you might as well have a flashing neon sign.

People who are smart don't buy your books, and people who are incredibly dumb only have so much money.
>>
>>17097122
Not that the stories aren't interesting, but you need to use caution listening to Paulides. He's very well known for embellishing facts that fit his narrative, and conveniently leaving out facts that don't. He's got a god-awful reputation, when you look into it further than /x/ sucking his dick.

Basically, proceed with caution. I find his stories less factual than Stephen King shorts.
>>
>>17098625
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
File: 1365327771193[1].jpg (21 KB, 307x173) Image search: [Google]
1365327771193[1].jpg
21 KB, 307x173
I'm gonna translate this from a Spanish article because I've got nothing better to do:

The inexplicable disappearance of the Child of Somosierra, Madrid. On the 26th of June of 1986, the fatal accident of a truck transporting sulfuric acid caused the death of two people and disappearance of the third in what became known as the "Accident of Somosierra", known for the child of Somosierra.

(In the picture) Juan Pedro Martínez Gómez, of 10 years of age.

Andrés Martínez, an experienced driver and his wife, Carmen Gómez, were traveling in the cabin of an enormous tanker en route to Bilbao. The cargo: 20,000 L of sulfuric acid.

In an inexplicable way, this experienced trucker began descending from Somosierra through a pronounced slope and at a suicidal speed. At the limit between Madrid and Segovia, the inevitable happened: An accident that involved three other cars. The tanker transporting the acid turned into a pile of shattered iron walls through which the thousands of liters of acid ran, making way to the hills of the Duratón river.

The preliminary analysis of the accident was horrifying: The cabin of the truck had been squashed by the heavy tank and the mortal acid ran through the bodies of the dead couple, Andrés Martínez and Carmen Gómez. Being unable to do anything for them, the authorities preoccupied themselves with neutralizing the harmful effects of the acid. However, when the evening came a report paralyzed the authorities: The vehicle that caused the accident had a third passenger.

The parents of the deceased driver Andrés Martínez reported the disappearance of their grandson, Juan Pedro Martínez Gómez of 10 years of age, who had said his farewells to his grandparents before boarding the doomed tanker with his parents. The report resulted in a fast search operation, but no remains of the child were found.

(continued next post)
>>
File: publi3[1].jpg (70 KB, 510x402) Image search: [Google]
publi3[1].jpg
70 KB, 510x402
Amidst the unsuccessful search, the first hypothesis formulated was that the body of young Juan Pedro had been completely dissolved by the acid, but this theory was discarded by expert chemists who stated a human body could not simply evaporate with no remains due to the acid.

During the next two days, the police searched carefully the entire area, but the investigation didn't find answers. An important part of the investigation was to recreate the trajectory of the tanker, for which the experts removed the tachograph from the truck, this being nothing more than a paper disc that marks the stops and the speed of the vehicle.

(last part up next. Image: News article titled "The medium of Taboada has "talked" with the missing child in the Somosierra accident)
>>
File: El-nino-de-Somosierra-6[1].jpg (33 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
El-nino-de-Somosierra-6[1].jpg
33 KB, 600x418
According to the tacograph, the trip began at 7 in the afternoon, with the first stop being a place called the "Venta del Olivo", a few miles from Cieza in Murcia. The second stop was made at 0:12 hours in Las Pedroñeras. At almost 3 AM, they arrived at the gas station "Los Ángeles" at the entrance of the capital. Two and a half hours later, they made their final stop at the restaurant Aragón, in the outskirts of the town of Somosierra (north of Madrid).

It is at this stop where a waiter last saw the missing child and even described him in detail, since he was surprised that a child of his age would agree to put on a red sweater with red pants. His testimony confirmed that Juan Pedro left with his parents for the ride through Somosierra.

While the reconstruction of the fatal accident continued, the mystery continued to grow. According to the tachograph, in the following hour and twenty minutes after the stop at the restaurant and before the accident, the trucker had 12 stops. Professionals affirmed that a short trajectory like that shouldn't have required even one stop or one or two at the maximum. Then, what happened? Why did it stop a dozen times in less than an hour and a half?

But the doubts increased as time passed, since two years after this fatal accident a child identical to Juan Pedro Martínez Gómez and even wearing the same clothing was seen in the vicinity of Badajoz. But even more so, since then the police has received multiple reports of a child dressed in red who walks in the edge of the road,almost always in the outskirts of rural populations but always close to Somosierra.

Ok I thought this would be the last part, but there's one paragraph more.
>>
>>17098842
>>17098849

interesting, though one can't help but wonder if the kid was ever in the car at all
>>
Being unable to find a solution to this, some lunatic ideas were conceived, like that Juan Pedro was transported to another dimensional plane, to a point in space-time where he is trapped. The truth is not yet known, but the only truth is that any attempt to find him has been unfruitful. The only proof that shows that young Juan Pedro was in the tanker's cabin is a shoe that belonged to him. Maybe because of this it continues to be one of the enigmas and mysteries that continues to attract investigators of the inexplicable.

Hope somebody liked the story.
>>
>>17098865

woops, should've waited for >>17098855

that's definitely weird
>>
Bump.....u got me im interested
>>
>>17097093
Probably killed for sport by some hillbilly hicks. USA is full of hillbilly hicks. Oh, and they usually have guns.
>>
>>17097115
>with David Paulides

I thought he was a fraud? Didn't he get caught lying?
>>
>>17100639
Seems the family had been preparing for something,so I think they knew someone was after them. Possibly had something to do with drugs or people in a cult the mom had pissed off. They were found around the same time as the McStay family,which is kind of interesting. But that case has been solved.
>>
>>17100649
The news reports say they had 30k in the car. So if it's a drug deal, why kill them? They had the money.

Question, maybe you know: Were they found buried?

If so, then it leads to further questions...
>>
This one kind of hits close to home for me in a way. I grew up in the area she went missing,and my mom used to be a "sitter" for an elderly woman with the last name Landrum in the Forest Park area. So Im convinced she was related to the family. Not only that,but one of the rumors was that she had been buried in a freezer behind a "Tastee Freeze" or the Dairy Queen she had set out for. The Dairy Queen is still there,and the payphone might still be. I remember it being there when I was a kid,in the 90s. But I no longer live there. Unfortunately,theres not much info on her case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/landrum_cassandra.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?52210-GA-Cassandra-Nadine-Landrum-18-Union-City-29-Sept-1975
>>
>>17100658
Dont think they were buried.
>In November of 2013, deer hunters came across the skeletal remains of two adults and a child, which were laying side by side face down in the dirt in a rugged, isolated area 2.7 miles from where the abandoned truck had been found. The remains would later be positively identified through anthropological and forensic pathological testing as those of the Jamison family, although they were so badly decomposed that a cause of death could not be ascertained.
>>
>>17100658
And in regards to drugs
> In addition to the theories that they had gotten lost in the wilderness or died of hypothermia, one of the first ideas was that considering the large amount of cash found in their vehicle, they had been part of a drug deal gone bad. This is somewhat supported by the fact that in the days leading up to the family’s fateful trek out into the wilderness, neighbors say that both Bobby and Shrilyn Jamison had been acting strangely and looked shockingly gaunt and emaciated. This led to speculation they could have been using drugs heavily, specifically crystal meth, a drug which just so happens seems to be flourishing in the mountainous area where the family had disappeared, with meth labs apparently all over the place. Additionally, video footage taken of the couple on the security camera they had outside of their house from the day of their final departure seems to depict them in a sort of trance-like state or daze, and not speaking to each other as they silently, robotically make dozens of trips back and forth from the house to the truck packing for their trip, perhaps indicating they were strung out on something. However, the truck and additional searches of the house turned up no evidence of drug use and friends and family insisted they had been clean, albeit in financial dire straits. It is thought that even if the family wasn’t directly involved in a botched drug deal, then they might have stumbled across one of the many secret meth labs in the remote, mountainous region and upset the proprietors with fatal consequences.
>>
More
>Another popular theory at the time was that it had been cold-blooded murder, pure and simple. One reason could be that Bobby Jamison had had a vicious ongoing feud with his father, Bob Jamison, whom the family had apparently sued over property he was owed after working at the family business. Bobby Jamison had apparently been owed half of the proceeds of the sale of a gas station they co-owned and his father had reneged on the deal. When Bobby’s father had twice threatened to kill them, the family had put into effect a protective order against him, and indeed it was because of these altercations that the family had installed the security camera at their house. Things had apparently come to a frightening head, and it was even rumored that Bob Jamison had ties with the Mexican mafia.
>>
>It has also been suggested that the deaths may not have been caused by outsiders, but were actually the result of a murder-suicide within the family. There is certainly circumstantial evidence pointing to this, as both of the adult Jamisons had at various times suffered from severe depression, an issue which was only intensified with the freak tragic death of Sherylin’s sister, Martha, from a bee sting on the tongue, as well as the constant pain Bobby was in due to a traffic accident he had been in. Further supporting this was an 11-page, hateful letter written by Sherilyn directed at her husband which was found in the car, and a .22 caliber pistol which the family had kept in the truck had been missing. A coroner had also claimed to have found a small hole in the back of Bobby Jamison’s skull, suggesting he was shot, but whether this was caused by a bullet or something else remains unknown. Did Sherilyn murder her family and then kill herself? Considering the other bodies had no such holes and the .22 was never found, it seems like we may never know. The family of the victims for their part insist that the Jamisons were a loving family devoted to each other and none of them would have ever done such an evil thing.
>>
And now for the paranormal angle.

>Further information that would come up pointed to stranger possibilities, and this is where things take a turn for the truly bizarre, entering the realm of witchcraft, the occult, and the paranormal. The Jamison family pastor, Gary Brandon, came forward with many odd statements concerning the family. He claimed that in the days leading up to the disappearance, the family had told him that they believed their house to be haunted and that they were involved in what he referred to as “spiritual warfare.” The family had apparently frantically claimed that they had made contact with the spirits of a dead family in their house and that their daughter, Madyson, had been regularly talking with the ghost family’s child. Two of the ghosts were allegedly called Emily and Michael, and one of them was reported to have wings like an angel. According to these claims, Bobby Jamison had become so upset by the hauntings that he had specifically requested “special bullets” with which to shoot the intruding entities, and his wife Sherilyn had begun to investigate whether the house was built on an old Indian burial ground. A so-called “Satanic Bible” had been supposedly obtained in order to rid the house of the presences, and this is somewhat backed up by the finding of a “witch’s bible” within the house. This certainly puts a decidedly bizarre slant on some cryptic messages that had been found by investigators on the Jamison family property. Scrawled on the side of a storage container were the mysterious words:
"3 cats killed to date buy people in this area . . . Witches don’t like there black cat killed."
>>
>>17100683

This. It was their family dispute that did them in. This is not a random crime.
>>
>>17100689
>Police never figured out just who had written the ominous message. Adding to all of this bizarreness is the fact that it was claimed that a friend of Sherilyn Jamison was a witch and that several of the family’s cats had been poisoned by neighbors. Apparently, belief in spirits and witches was rampant around the Jamison household. Sherilyn Jamison’s best friend, Niki Shenold, 41, would go on to claim:
>Sherilyn was interested in witches, we both were. Years before, we bought matching witch’s bibles. We put them on our coffee tables as a bit of a joke. That’s what the police found. But in all seriousness, that house was haunted. I don’t want to sound crazy, but whenever I went there I felt a horrible presence, I would leave feeling so down and depressed, it’s hard to describe. Once I was in the living room and this sort of grey mist descended down the stairs. It really scared me. She told me on a couple of occasions, Bobby – who was such a gentle man – would suddenly come at her and his eyes would be completely dead and black, like he was possessed. Sherilyn would leave notes round the house, saying, ‘Get out Satan’ and stuff like that. It was her way of dealing with things.
>>
>>17100690
I wondewr if this case had been in the news longer if the father would have been properly investigated. Seems it was really overshadowed by the McStay case. And with mafia ties,its not surprising if there wasnt a push to look into it.
>>
>This all takes the case further down the rabbit hole of weird, and to top it all off, Sherilyn’s mother later went on to state that she believed that her daughter had been the target of some sort of cult and had ended up on their “hit list.” At the time, she would not elaborate on which cult it could be or exactly why her daughter was being targeted, but she did say that several major cults were operating the remote mountains there. It s a claim somewhat bolstered by an article on cult activities in the newspaper The Oklahoman in 1993, around the same time as the whole David Koresh and the Branch Davidian cult compound near Waco, Texas affair, in which a U.S. Marshall stated that “some cults have found a home in eastern Oklahoma and some of them are extreme.” This all puts a somewhat sinister spin on the security camera footage of the doomed couple in a trance before vanishing, with some claiming the strange behavior displayed could have been due to some sort of spiritual possession or the influence of some occult spell. What were they under the influence of in that footage? Was it drugs or something more? No one has been able to come to a concrete conclusion and it remains just one weirder piece of the puzzle.
>>
>>17100666
>>17100672

Thanks anon. The plot thickens.

They had 30k in cash yet were in "financial dire straits" seems an odd conclusion.

Also, imo 2 meth heads couldn't save $30 let alone 30k.

And why kill them but leave the money if it was a drug deal? It's as if the killers didnt know about the money.

Robbery gone wrong, maybe?

Intriguing. Thanks for your time.
>>
>>17100705
>the weirdness of the case does not stop there. Sherilyn’s best friend Nicki, claimed that she was contacted by an anonymous woman who claimed that Sherilyn had been involved with a cult called the United White Knights, who had vowed to kill her. Making this claim spookier was the talk of an abandoned wreck of a car found near the Jamison vehicle which had long been used for shooting practice and for the writing of various venomous satanic messages scrawled all over it, over which Sherilyn had allegedly written messages such as “God Love You” and “Peace.” Although the anonymous tipster seemed to be saying empty threats at the time, Nicki would speak of strange occurrences which happened in the aftermath of these messages, saying:
>I went up to those mountains about a year later, and near where the bodies were found, there was a line of cars parked with Texas license plates. When we got near the actual spot there were a couple of gun shots. They sounded like warning shots to me. I don’t scare easily, but that place really freaks me out. There is something not right about it.
>>
>>17100706
No problem. Its one of the more interesting cases Ive seen.

>Another odd finding is the final photo of Madyson found on Bobby Jamison’s cell phone, which appears to have been taken up in the mountains on the day of the disappearances. In the photo, Madyson appears to be looking away from the camera with an unhappy look on her face and her arms crossed. Sherylin’s mother has insisted that Madyson loved to have her photo taken and if things had been normal she would not have looked like that. What was going on in that photograph? Is there any clue to be gained from it? So far, no. It only poses more questions.
>This is all strange enough on its own, but let’s consider this case’s possible link with yet even more strangeness. All of this has a certain spooky synchronicity with the phenomenon known as the “35th degree latitude,” or as some have dubbed it, “The Line of Tragedy.” It is along the 35th degree latitude that a whole string of brutal murders have occurred, including the shocking case of Andrea Pia Kennedy Yates, a Houston woman suffering from postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis who on June 20, 2001, murdered all five of her children by drowning them in a bathtub. Another famous murder that occurred along this line was the horrific murder of Pastor Carol Daniels, whose mutilated corpse was found propped up behind the church altar in a crucifix position, a murder that was widely believed to be tied to satanic activity. At the time is was such a sadistic and brutal crime that District Attorney Bret Burns and several law enforcement officers involved with the case said it was the most horrible crime they had ever seen. The 35th degree latitude was also where Timothy McVeigh carried out the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma, which killed 168 people and injured nearly 700 hundred others. Where did the Jamisons disappear? You guessed it, the 35th degree latitude.
>>
File: 1433816073556.png (480 KB, 1200x855) Image search: [Google]
1433816073556.png
480 KB, 1200x855
>>17098855
"Tacograph" lul.
>>
Best kinds of threads on /x/ nowadays, I'll repost some cases from the last thread I was in that I took from charleyproject.org when searching through my state

If you want to paste something from the site, make sure you disable javascript on that page.
>>
File: 1449549515401.jpg (11 KB, 98x160) Image search: [Google]
1449549515401.jpg
11 KB, 98x160
>>17101232

Akopov rented a trailer from Wanda Phipps. He worked at Harriet and Henderson in Clarkton North Carolina and sent money to his wife and two children in Uzbekistan. He often let other Uzbek immigrants stay in his home until they were able to find jobs. Two such people were staying with him at the time of his disappearance.

On September 12, Phipps saw him accompanied by his two roommates trying to find his insurance agent. She saw him get into his vehicle with his two friends afterwards. He has never been heard from again. Phipps reported him as a missing person after she found out he had not shown up at work; he was a very reliable employee and it is uncharacteristic of him to miss work without giving notice. After his disappearance she went to his trailer and saw that it was in a messy and cluttered condition and all of Apokov's clothes and personal belongings were still there. The refrigerator was dented and some pictures had been removed from their frames. Phipps stated it was uncharacteristic of him to leave his trailer a mess, as he usually kept it very neat. His Uzbek/English dictionary, which he always carried with him to assist with language acquisition, was missing.

Phipps disliked the two men who were living with Akopov when he disappeared. They were younger than his previous roommates and unlike the other immigrants he had lived with, these men were unable to find employment in the area. They have not been publicly identified. Both of them disappeared at the same time Akopov did.

Akopov was carrying between $500 and $600 at the time of his disappearance, and two paychecks which have never been cashed. He was devoted to his family and friends in Uzbekistan and he wrote to them regularly, but they have not heard from him since his disappearance. Skeletal remains of a man approximately his age, and wearing boots similar to his own, were found near Wilmington, North Carolina after his disappearance, but the remains have not been identified.
>>
File: 1449550189364.jpg (18 KB, 123x160) Image search: [Google]
1449550189364.jpg
18 KB, 123x160
Bethea suffers from schizophrenia and needs medication which he doesn't have with him. He also has a history of drug abuse.

Bethea was last seen in rural Milton, North Carolina on July 23, 2007. He left Corbett's Family Care Home and walked into the woods with another resident that day. The other person returned, but Bethea has never been heard from again. He was last seen walking down Hudson Road toward N.C. 62 north at approximately 12:00 p.m. Tracker dogs were unable to pick up his scent anywhere.

Bethea had lived in Corbett's Family Care Home for only ten days before his disappearance. He had previously resided at the D & H Family Care Home for about six months, but was expelled after being caught smoking a cigarette in his room, in violation of the rules. He was unhappy about having to move to a new home and complained to his mother about his life before he disappeared.

Bethea's family does not believe he left of his own accord and they think he was injured, possibly accidentally, after his disappearance. He grew up in Laurinberg, North Carolina. His case remains unsolved.
>>
File: 1449551476017.jpg (17 KB, 114x160) Image search: [Google]
1449551476017.jpg
17 KB, 114x160
He disappeared while his mother was at work. Combs used a scooter to get around. He left a note, saying someone had broken into the house and stolen his scooter, two helmets and his cellular phone, and he was going to find the thief. He asked his mother to look for him if he wasn't home by dark.

Combs's mother came home and found the note. She spent the next day and night looking for him. While she was out of the house, Combs apparently came home and changed clothes, taking a camouflage-print jacket when he left. His mother came home and found his wet, dirty clothes on the floor and pork chops cooking. She never saw or heard from him again.

Combs dropped out of school in the ninth grade. In 1998, his father shot him in the neck during an argument. His father was allegedly an abusive husband and parent. The case was dropped after Combs refused to cooperate with prosecutors. Combs's father died on Combs's birthday in 1999. Combs, who had been drinking heavily and taking pills, got into an argument with his uncle and wounded him with a sword. He also hurt his mother when she tried to intervene. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to ten years in prison. After his release from prison, Combs tried to adjust and kept all his appointments with his parole officer. He moved in with his mother in June, after he suffered a stroke. He disappeared four months later.

A few days before his disappearance, Combs had invited two homeless individuals to his home. His mother kicked them out after she caught the man urinating off her porch. They lived in a tent near the Reddies River. They told her they saw him get into a car with two women. Later that week, the police found Combs's scooter, one of the helmets and his jacket off Suncrest Orchard Road beside the Reddies River, near the tents. The scooter had missing parts.

Authorities interviewed the residents of the homeless camp and considered them possible witnesses, but none of them have named as suspects in his disappearance.
>>
File: 1449552471719.jpg (39 KB, 176x160) Image search: [Google]
1449552471719.jpg
39 KB, 176x160
Asha resided with her family in an apartment on Oakcrest Street in Shelby, North Carolina in 2000. She was last seen inside her home at approximately 2:30 a.m. on February 14, 2000. Asha's father went to sleep at that time and told authorities his daughter was asleep when he checked on her. Asha shared a room with her older brother, who stated that he heard noises and assumed his sister was tossing in her sleep. Asha's mother went into her room at approximately 6:30 a.m. to wake her children and discovered Asha was not in her bed. The family immediately summoned authorities and an extensive search of the surrounding area was initialized, with no result.

Two truck drivers reported seeing her walking south on Highway 18 north of Shelby between 3:30 and 4:15 a.m. Asha was apparently about a mile from her home. She left the highway at this point and walked off into the darkness. It was the last confirmed sighting.

Investigators believe she left her residence of her own accord. She is described as being quiet, shy person and a good student with a happy home life, and her reasons for leaving aren't clear. Asha's basketball team lost a game, their first loss in the season, the day before. Her family said she was upset, but calmed down within a few hours. Asha's fourth-grade class read the book The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman in February 2000. The book centers around the story of a prince and a commoner child who receives lashes on the royal's behalf. The children proceed to run away and the book details their adventures. Both boys return safely at the story's end. It is not known if this served as a catalyst for Asha's disappearance.

cont.
>>
File: 1449552533455.jpg (11 KB, 145x160) Image search: [Google]
1449552533455.jpg
11 KB, 145x160
>>17101251

Asha's black book bag and black Tweety Bird purse were missing from her room after her disappearance, along with a pair of blue jeans with a red stripe, black sneakers, a long-sleeved white shirt with purple lettering, a red vest with black trim, black overalls with Tweety Bird on them, and a long-sleeved black and white shirt. All the doors to the house were found locked; Asha kept her house key in the bookbag.

Asha's pencil, marker and Mickey Mouse hair bow were discovered on the ground in the doorway of a tool shed at Turner's Upholstery on Highway 18 on February 17, 2000, three days after her disappearance. Her belongings were found near the stretch of road where Asha was seen walking in the early morning hours of February 14, more than one mile from Asha's residence.

A contractor uncovered Asha's book bag, which has her name and telephone number written on it, buried off Highway 18 in August 2001, 18 months after she disappeared. The item had been double-wrapped in trash bags and was found more than 26 miles from her family's home and in a different direction from where she'd been walking. Nearby some animal bones and men's khaki pants were found. The bag was sent for testing, but, citing pending investigation, authorities never released the results. In October of that year, a plastic trash bag similar to the one Asha's bookbag was wrapped in was found.
>>
File: 1449553363585.jpg (17 KB, 163x160) Image search: [Google]
1449553363585.jpg
17 KB, 163x160
Faison was last seen in Kenansville, North Carolina on August 9, 1989. That evening, he thought he saw some Caucasian teenagers inside his car, that he kept locked. One at 9:00 p.m. and once again at 9:30 p.m., he summoned the police to look at the car, but when they shined their flashlights into the vehicle they didn't see anything, and there were no footprints in the wet driveway besides Faison's. About two hours after the second police visit, between 11:30 p.m. and midnight, Faison walked out his front door and vanished. Faison had been behaving very oddly before his disappearance; authorities believe his mind was affected by alcohol and prescription medication. He held long conversations with deceased relatives on the day he vanished, and even asked his wife to get them some water.

Searchers found Faison's hat in a neighbor's yard and a coffee mug full of whiskey in his carport. His shoes were found at his home. Faison's loved ones stated he never went anywhere, even inside his own home, without shoes on because he was afraid of snakes. The neighbor who last saw Faison said he was running through her yard yelling, and appeared very frightened. She saw another man walk by a few minutes later. He was tall, with a stocky build, light skin, long slicked-back hair and a limp. He was wearing dark-colored overalls and the neighbor thought he might have escaped from the local jail. The neighbor called the police to report a prowler, but the police couldn't find the man and he has never been identified.

Authorities at first theorized that Faison had left of his own accord because his wife wanted to enroll him in a detoxification program, or that he wandered off and died. They reconsidered, however, as months and years passed without Faison or his body being located. One of his sons believes he was murdered on the night of his disappearance.

Faison served in the Navy during WWII. For most of his life he worked as a carpenter and repairman for the county school system.
>>
File: 1449553752747.jpg (11 KB, 121x160) Image search: [Google]
1449553752747.jpg
11 KB, 121x160
Robby's neighbor saw her outside of the family's residence on Winter Park Drive in Fayetteville, North Carolina sometime during December 1996. The neighbor said that Robby was packing boxes into her blue van at the time and said she was driving to Alabama to visit her ailing father. A woman was apparently with Robby at the time; the neighbor claimed Robby introduced the person as her mother, but Robby's mother stated she had not visited her daughter's home in several years. The neighbor also said that Robby was acting as if she was in a hurry. Robby was last seen leaving her residence with three of her four children, Sarena Glenn, Brent Hughes and Brenttany Hughes. The group was also accompanied by Robby's younger sister, Jennifer Hughes. None of the family members have been seen again.

Robby was married at the time to Jason Allen Floyd, whose nickname is Shane. She and Jason had a son together, Brandon. Jason and Brandon remained at their Fayetteville residence after the other family members had left. Jason told authorities that Robby had driven the others to Sylacauga, Alabama and he spoke to her shortly after she departed North Carolina in 1996. He claimed Robby was staying at a motel near her father's home and promised to call him again several days later. Jason stated he never saw his wife or any of the other missing family members again.

cont.
>>
File: 1449553814997.jpg (21 KB, 142x160) Image search: [Google]
1449553814997.jpg
21 KB, 142x160
>>17101266

Authorities learned that Robby and Jason were having martial problems in 1996. They had apparently reconciled prior to her disappearance, but had been separated for some before December 1996. A neighbor told investigators that Jason and Brandon continued to live at the family's residence until February 1997, but then left the area. She also stated that Jason mentioned he and Robby were divorcing. Jason is not believed to have been involved in the family's disappearances.

Robby did not maintain constant communication with family members in 1996. She, her children and her sister were not reported missing until August 1998 as a result. Relatives in Alabama stated that Robby and the others never arrived in the state. Her mother maintains that it would be uncharacteristic of Robby to voluntarily disappear for an extended period of time. Her mother also said that Robby had planned to move her ailing father to North Carolina in 1997 and care for him. Her father died in 1998.

According to relatives, Robby did not graduate from high school and does not have any job training. There has not been activity on any of the missing family members' Social Security numbers since 1996. Robby never registered her van and has not renewed her driver's license since her disappearance. Authorities do not know what led the family members to vanish; their cases remain unsolved.

I'll see about looking up some more cases in a little bit.
>>
Great thread guys. Old /x/ just won't die.
>>
File: risch_joan.jpg (15 KB, 141x160) Image search: [Google]
risch_joan.jpg
15 KB, 141x160
Risch was a homemaker in Lincoln, Massachusetts in 1961. She was married and had two children. The family had moved to Lincoln from Ridgefield, Connecticut about seven months before. Risch's husband was out of town on a business trip on the day of her disappearance, October 24, 1961. She went with her four-year-old daughter to the dentist that morning, cashed a check and did grocery shopping. She returned home for lunch at 11:00 a.m., put her two-year-old son in his crib for a nap, and sent her daughter to a neighbor's home to play. Risch was last seen by a neighbor at 2:15 p.m. She was standing next to her blue sedan outside the family's residence on Old Bedford Road. She appeared to be dazed.

Risch's daughter came home from the neighbor's at 4:00 p.m., then immediately ran back to say that her mother was missing and "red paint" covered the kitchen walls. The "paint" turned out to be blood. The Risches' telephone had been ripped from the kitchen wall and thrown in a wastebasket, and a nearby telephone book was found opened at the emergency numbers section. There was a single bloody thumbprint on the phone mount, and two fingerprints and part of a palm print on the wall; they were not Risch's prints, and have never been identified. The only other sign of a struggle was an overturned chair in the kitchen. Risch's son was still in his crib upstairs.

The blood trail led from the baby's room to the kitchen and then outside to the Risches' driveway, where it stopped near her parked car. Blood drops were found on the outside of the car itself, but there were no bloody footprints inside on the kitchen floor. There was no sign of Risch herself inside the residence. Investigators later determined that the blood had probably come from a superficial wound, as there wasn't very much of it. Someone had made efforts to clean up with paper towels and a pair or Risch's son's coveralls.

Continued
>>
>>17101342

Witnesses reported seeing an unidentified blue/gray 1954 or 1955 sedan parked behind Risch's car in the Risches' driveway at 3:20 p.m. the day of the disappearance. Drivers also reported observing a woman walking along the road where Route 128 was under construction later in the day. No one stopped to assist the unidentified female, who was reportedly bloody and appeared confused or dazed. After these initial reports, sightings of Risch ceased. She has never been heard from again.

Risch's husband was in New York on October 24 for a business trip. He was questioned by investigators but was cleared of any involvement in her disappearance. Authorities did learn that Risch checked out over 25 library books during the previous summer, all of them related to murder or unexplained disappearances. Her husband said she was an avid reader who liked suspense stories. Some people theorized that Risch chose to stage her own disappearance because she was unhappy with her life. Risch had worked in the publishing field in New York prior to her marriage. She chose to end her career to raise her family. Although many described her as a devoted mother who was deeply attached to her husband and children, some friends claimed that Risch was very ambitious and was not fulfilled with her home life.

Others speculated Risch was attacked and was suffering from amnesia as a result. Another hypothesis in the same vein is that Risch was not assaulted at all, but simply suffered an episode of some type and left her residence. Both of these theories could suggest the possibility that Risch wandered into a pit on the Route 128 construction site the night she disappeared and was unknowingly buried. She has no history of amnesiac experiences, however, and no history of mental illness in herself or her family.

Continued
>>
>>17101345

Newspaper reports from 1961 state that Risch may have been sexually abused as a child. Another account stated that her parents died in a strange fire in New Jersey in 1940, when Risch was nine years old; she was raised by an aunt and uncle after that. Both of these reports suggest that Risch may have had personal reasons for wanting to stage her disappearance. Risch was born in Brooklyn, New York, and graduated Wilson College in Pennsylvania in 1952, with a degree in English. Her case remains open and unsolved.
>>
File: gonzalez_diana.jpg (5 KB, 106x160) Image search: [Google]
gonzalez_diana.jpg
5 KB, 106x160
Diana, 14 years old, was last seen by her family when they went to bed on the evening of October 14, 2005. At 6:00 a.m. on October 15, her parents received a phone call from a family friend, Jose Barrera-Pacheco. He told them he was in love with Diana, she was with him and her family would never see her again. Her parents went to her room after the call and discovered she was indeed missing. Diana has not been seen since.

A photograph and vital statistics for Barrera-Pacheco are posted below this case summary. A felony warrant for kidnapping was issued for him on June 26, 2006. He and Diana may be in Mexico, California, or Florida, or in Laurinburg, North Carolina. They may be traveling in a white van or a black four-door Honda. Diana is apparently with Barrera-Pacheco voluntarily, but her case is still considered a kidnapping because of the age difference and because she didn't have her parents' permission to go. Her whereabouts are unknown and her case remains unsolved.

Possibly not too noteworthy if she is with the guy voluntarily, but:

>He told them he was in love with Diana, she was with him and her family would never see her again.

Imagine getting that phone call
>>
Nice. Im currently on The Charley Project looking for some stuff to post too.
>>
File: shig.png (171 KB, 580x228) Image search: [Google]
shig.png
171 KB, 580x228
Hiney suffers from schizophrenia and was off his medication in 2003. He is also an alcoholic, although he had gone into recovery and was sober at the time of his disappearance.

Hiney was last seen standing on the steps of a courthouse in Fayetteville, North Carolina on December 14, 2003. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.
>>
File: lueking_derek3.jpg (27 KB, 117x160) Image search: [Google]
lueking_derek3.jpg
27 KB, 117x160
Lueking was last seen leaving the Microtel Inn and Suites in Cherokee, North Carolina at 4:00 a.m. on March 17, 2012. He has never been heard from again. His white Ford Escape was found at the Newfound Gap area in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park near the Tennessee/North Caroline state line at 8:30 a.m., but no one recalled having seen Lueking himself at the park, and his family had been trying to find him since before he would have arrived there. Inside the vehicle was a note saying simply: "Don't follow me."

Lueking had purchased maps of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a sleeping bag and a tent, as well as the following supplies: a Gerber ax, part of a military survival manual, a knife sharpener, a Coleman combination compass and thermometer, 100 feet of black paracute cord, a headlamp, a pocket knife, granola bars, an iPod pouch, and a Bear Grylls survival tool pack including a small flashlight, a fire starter and a multi-tool. He left many of these items in his car, however, including the tent and sleeping bag.

Lueking was born in northern Virginia. He graduated from Johnson University and previously worked as an aide for the Peninsula Behavioral Health Center in Tennessee. His family stated he was an avid camper and a fan of a survival television show, and they think he may have gone into the park intentionally to spend some time alone. The circumstances of his disappearance are unclear and his case remains unsolved.
>>
File: maynard_roy.jpg (19 KB, 111x160) Image search: [Google]
maynard_roy.jpg
19 KB, 111x160
Maynard was lat seen in Guilford County, North Carolina on May 10, 2004. He had been living with a nephew in Pleasant Garden when began behaving oddly; he refused to eat and started sleeping in his pickup truck. His family believes he may have had a nervous breakdown. Maynard walked away from a residence on Frazier Road near Groometown Road and has never been heard from again. He was not reported missing for several days. Few details are available in his case.
>>
File: myers_tristen.jpg (8 KB, 128x160) Image search: [Google]
myers_tristen.jpg
8 KB, 128x160
Tristen moved to Roseboro, North Carolina in August 2000 to live with his great-aunt and great-uncle. He wandered away from his family's residence on October 5, 2000 while his great-aunt was napping and has never been heard from again. Tristen was accompanied by his dogs Sasha, a black Doberman puppy, and Buck, a tan three-legged Chihuahua mix, at the time of his disappearance.

An extensive search was conducted in a ten-acre section of wooded land near Tristen's home shortly after his disappearance. No evidence concerning his whereabouts was located and the search was scaled down on October 10, five days after he was last seen. Buck returned to Tristen's house later that day and the search was resumed, but authorities were unable to locate the child. Sasha walked back to the house on October 14. Neither dog showed any signs of having been in the woods. Tristen never returned.

Tristen's great-aunt and great-uncle say he was angry and disruptive while he lived with them. He hit other children and bit and scratched himself. He attacked and killed one of their dogs eleven days prior to his disappearance, and was taken to a psychiatric hospital to undergo a battery of tests. Doctors found that Tristen was emotionally and physically underdeveloped, but they were unable to do a complete evaluation of him as he could not seem to understand simple directions, and could speak only a few words. Three days after being released from the hospital, Tristen wandered away from his guardians' home. A neighbor found him half a mile away at a farm and returned him. Three days after that, he vanished for the final time.

cont
>>
File: myers_tristen2.jpg (4 KB, 125x160) Image search: [Google]
myers_tristen2.jpg
4 KB, 125x160
>>17101534

In February 2003, authorities thought Tristen had been found when a man named Ricky Quick abandoned a six-year-old boy, whom he said was his son, Eli Quick, at a hospital in Evanston, Illinois. Photographs of both Ricky and Eli are posted below this case summary. Eli was unkempt, filthy, and generally appeared to be uncared-for. He suffered behavior problems, was unable to answer simple questions about his background, and spoke of several different mothers. Authorities notified the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, suspecting that he might be a missing child. Eli bore a strong physical resemblance to Tristen, and had similar scars and a speech defect like Tristen has. However, DNA testing proved conclusively that he and Tristen were not the same person. Eli was eventually identified as Timothy Robert Trandel, whose mother, Laura Ann Trandel, had given him to Ricky when he was an infant. Timothy was given over to the care of an aunt afterwards; Laura's parental rights were terminated and Timothy's aunt applied to adopt him. She is already raising several of Laura's other children.

Tristen was born in Mississippi, the child of a fifteen-year-old exotic dancer and an unknown father. His mother was killed in a car accident in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Tristen's grandparents originally had custody of him, but he was sent to live with other relatives after his grandfather accidentally ran over him with a car while drunk. A year later he went to live with his great-aunt and great-uncle. He disappeared from there.

Authorities believe Tristen was probably either abducted by a stranger, or fell into a pond and drowned. His case remains unsolved.
>>
File: porter_priti2.jpg (15 KB, 120x160) Image search: [Google]
porter_priti2.jpg
15 KB, 120x160
Porter was last seen in Gastonia, North Carolina on the evening of April 19, 2009. The next morning, her mother wanted to get a coat out of Porter's closet and knocked on her bedroom door, which was locked. When she got no answer, she had Porter's stepfather open the door, and they found the bedroom window screen missing and Porter gone. She has never been heard from again, and all her belongings, including her purse, cellular phone, clothes and money, were left behind.

Porter's mother believes she climbed out her bedroom window that night to speak to someone, and planned to return home within a short time. She didn't report her daughter missing until April 27, because she believed Porter was probably with friends. Porter graduated from Ashbrook High School in 2007 and worked manufacturing jobs afterwards. Her family stated she didn't use drugs or drink much alcohol at the time of her disappearance, and had never been in trouble. Little information is available in her disappearance, which remains unsolved.
>>
these are fucking fantastic. God Bless.
>>
File: stansbury_shonda3.jpg (17 KB, 212x160) Image search: [Google]
stansbury_shonda3.jpg
17 KB, 212x160
Stansbury was last seen at approximately 6:00 a.m. on December 9, 2006 at her sister's workplace, the Waffle House in the vicinity of Interstate 95 and Highway 158 in Weldon, North Carolina. She had bruises on her face and legs and a bump on her temple at the time. One of the customers at the Waffle House gave her a ride to the West Side Trailer Court at west 10th Street in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina. Stansbury had been staying with friends at the trailer court prior to her disappearance, but on the day she was last seen they asked her to leave. She has never been heard from again.

Cont.
>>
File: stansbury_shonda2.jpg (21 KB, 110x160) Image search: [Google]
stansbury_shonda2.jpg
21 KB, 110x160
>>17101673

Authorities initially believed Stansbury left of her own accord. At 11:30 a.m. on December 14, however, a woman in Walden County, South Carolina called 911 and said she had seen a woman whom she believed was Stansbury, running into the woods behind the Information Grocery Store off Highway 158 in Halifax, North Carolina. The woman hung up without identifying herself and investigators were unable to trace the call, but a few days later authorities spoke to the witness and she repeated her account, saying two African-American males chased the woman, who was naked, bleeding from her face and screaming for help, into the woods. The witness knew Stansbury and recognized her. She said she didn't try to intervene with the situation because she was afraid for her life. The witness described one of the men chasing Stansbury as between 28 and 32 years old, 5'8 tall with a dark complexion, big arms and a stocky build. He was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt and a baseball cap and may have been bald. The other man was 5'6 with a medium build, light skin and dreadlocked hair. He may have been wearing Timberland boots, jeans with patches on them, and an oversize button-down shirt which was possibly brown or light brown. Stansbury's case was reclassified as an endangered missing person as a result of the witness's statements.

Stansbury has three children. Her mother believes she may have sustained a head injury that caused amnesia and that she may be unable to recall her identity. She frequented the 900 block of Vance Street, Zoo Road, and Great Falls Circle in 2006. Her case remains unsolved.
>>
File: westerfield_alan.jpg (9 KB, 119x160) Image search: [Google]
westerfield_alan.jpg
9 KB, 119x160
Alan's stepfather dropped him and his older brother, Terry Westerfield, off at the Broadway Theater on Hay Street in Fayetteville, North Carolina on September 12, 1964. The two brothers were never seen again and it is unclear if they actually walked into the theater.

Police questioned the boys' stepfather, Carl Bock, who said he dropped Terry and Alan off at the theater at 5:30 p.m. When he went to pick them up at 8:00 p.m., he said, they had disappeared. Some employees at the theater remember seeing the Westerfield children that evening, but other theater workers do not. They were regular customers and could be easily recognized. Bock was separated from the children's mother at the time Terry and Alan vanished. He was an Army sergeant who worked in the Criminal Investigations Division at Fort Bragg in 1964, and was shipped overseas a year after his stepsons disappeared.

Investigators believe Bock was in some way involved in the Westerfield children's disappearances. They think the boys were both killed a short time after being abducted. No one has ever been charged in the cases, however. Terry and Alan's biological father was interviewed and ruled out as a suspect. Bock has since divorced from Alan and Terry's mother and now lives in Wisconsin; he was last interviewed by police in Virginia in 2000. The Westerfield brothers' cases remain unsolved.
>>
File: wiggins_ruben.jpg (19 KB, 130x160) Image search: [Google]
wiggins_ruben.jpg
19 KB, 130x160
Wiggins was last seen in Pitt County, North Carolina on November 20, 1988. Prior to his disappearance, he received a telephone call, acted fearful and refused to say who the call was from. A short time later, he left his house and never returned. He has never been heard from again. A month after his disappearance, his car was found abandoned in a wooded area off Maple Cypress Road in Craven County, North Carolina.

Foul play is suspected in Wiggins's disappearance, but little evidence is available in his case. He was declared legally dead in 2007.
>>
>>17097115
If you look at David Paulides cluster map there is a large cluster in southern california. Where is Bohemian Grove in relation?
>>
>>17101708
Some people have pointed out in this thread that Paulides has been known to leave out information, and I wouldn't be so quick to jump onto the Bohemian Grove conspiracy bandwagon. Most theories connected with it are propagated by conservative Christians on YouTube who think everything having to do with esotericism is the work of the devil, and who either do not cite their sources or cite people who do not cite their sources.
>>
I was just wondering. I wonder if the Bohemian grove might be some weird sex honeypot blackmail operation.
>>
File: 1438134345914.jpg (75 KB, 840x840) Image search: [Google]
1438134345914.jpg
75 KB, 840x840
>>17101536
That's a pretty sad case.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 400x263
>>17098873
>>
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/cedrika-provencher-body-found-1.3362906?__vfz=tc%3D74O1G_g0ljU
>>
File: tp-cedrika-poster.jpg (76 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
tp-cedrika-poster.jpg
76 KB, 620x349
>>17102144
>>
>>17101673
>>17101676
So 2 guys killed her, I wonder if cops ever responded to the call
>>
>>17102149
I torture myself with these sad threads. I'm glad her family has closure.
>>
Great thread /x/
Any stories of people who were actually found alive years after their disappearance rather than never have been seen again?
>>
>>17103552

bump

that would be even more interesting
>>
>>17101345
>No one stopped to assist the unidentified female, who was reportedly bloody and appeared confused or dazed.
You know, I really don't understand people who just let this shit fly by and do nothing. Even if they didn't want to go near her, maybe go and call the goddamn cops? I know it was the 50's but they had fucking phones.
>>
>>17103552
Sure is.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/618243/Man-declared-dead-20-years-missing-found-alive-living-nature-reserve

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11893311/Missing-woman-found-30-years-after-man-confessed-to-her-murder.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/julian-hernandez-five-year-old-boy-who-went-missing-in-2002-found-alive-and-well-13-years-later-a6722466.html
>>
>>17103552
There are the women kept in captivity, like the recent Ariel Castro case and ones like Natascha Kampusch and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Children_kept_in_captivity Some here
>>
>>17098873
Spaniard here, never heard of this.

Thanks for the excellent narration.
>>
>>17101251
This happened where I live she still has big signs posted up to this day. It was huge when it happened
>>
>>17101715

What's people's beef with Paulides? The only negative thing I've found about him are to epically ass pained book reviews on Amazon. Yeah I get he's implying bigfoot or something is a factor in these people's disappearences. I'm reading through one of his books and in some cases he has left shit out but what's with people's hatred of him?
>>
>>17103552
Shawn Hornbeck. Michelle Knight,Amanda Berry,Gina DeJesus. Jaycee Dugard.
There are a lot of cases where missing children are just simply taken by a parent,and are known to be alive but in another country or something and show no interest of coming back to their custodial parents country,etc.
>>
>>17104216

Bumping for answer
>>
>>17097093
>Mother possibly involved in Pagan or Wiccan cult.

As if that's relevant. That's like implying a disappearance is related to being a member of the cannibalistic corpse-eating cult of christianity.
>>
>>17104701

They're hysterical denialists.
>>
Any theories on the recent DJ Derek disappearance?
>>
>>17105174
The one criticism in this thread is anything but "hysterical", in contrast to your pretty blunt assumption.

One link I've found is bigfootevidence dot blogspot dot com slash 2013 slash 01 slash heres-what-learned-about-david-paulides dot html

If any one has anymore specific examples of Paulides inconsistencies, biases, etc., please link so we get a comprehensive idea. It's always a good idea to remain critical of anyone who is propagating supernatural or cryptid claims until you know for sure they aren't bullshitting.
>>
>>17105219
Not read his book, and it's probably been 4 years since I heard his appearance on Coast to Coast, but it's also important to take into consideration that there are probably logical conclusions behind a lack of evidence of blood, hairs, etc., among similar conditions that one shouldn't automatically blame on something extraordinary like a bigfoot kidnapping or what not.
>>
>>17098873
Great read.

Spooky stuff
>>
>>17101237
I live a couple minutes from Clarkton. Have never heard this thanks for sharing.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>17097093
Thin Chin knows.
>>
>>17103787
It pisses me the fuck off!
I'm a pretty small person, like 5 foot nothing and under 100 pounds, but even I have stuck around when it looks like someone is in danger, because why the fuck wouldn't you? I would feel terrible knowing said person might be dead because my pussy ass didn't even try to help.
>>
>>17100711
Thanks, Anon! Now I'm gonna be up all night researching this shit. Never heard of the 35th degree of latitude, any more info?
>>
>>17101536

At first I thought, "What a little shit" when I read he killed the dog and was violent but when you see his background and that he would also hurt himself, it's understandable and so, so tragic. Poor little guy. I doubt he came to a good end.
>>
>>17101389
Why did he call?

As a criminal why would you give yourself away like that?
>>
>>17101237
>>17101242
>>17101251
>>17101255
>>17101260
>>17101266
>>17101269
>>17101487
>>17101499
>>17101534
>>17101591
>>17101673
>>17101696
>>17101701

Curious why most of these are in NC. I would imagine most missing person cases occur in the midwest. Then again you might have researched these in the particular category of North Carolina.
>>
>>17105650
I just went through my state for the most interesting cases, that's all. I wanted to get the thread started to encourage more OC and discussion and find interesting cases along the way. Staying in my state was a way to have a starting point without posting the same stuff from wikipedia that are posted in most threads. Unfortunately I couldn't find many really mysterious ones, but I think even just interesting cases are worthy and have the potential for discussion.
>>
>>17105656
I see. I'm from NC too and was wondering.

You're doing a good job. Definitely enjoyed reading these. You got me interested now. Sometime soon I will research these on my own.
>>
>>17105169
Its relevant to the mothers claims that she believed her daughter was scared of and being threatened by someone in a religious(its implied pagan or satanic) cult.
>>
>>17101750
Your image appears to be rotating clockwise.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndz4qgUE9l1qbngxv.gif (939 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndz4qgUE9l1qbngxv.gif
939 KB, 500x382
>>17098873
good stuff, thanks anon.

>the correct answer is he was thrown from the vehicle during the crash and probably wound up in that downhill river the article mentions
>>
>>17097093
The reddirt report on them is great stuff, OP. Love the history of possible cult activity, and other mysterious disappearances in the same area. All that stuff about the "35th parallel" has got my interest piqued. that related story about the woman preacher who was murdered in the church and the body "staged" behind the alter - SCARY! !
>>
>>17098855
>Professionals affirmed that a short trajectory like that shouldn't have required even one stop or one or two at the maximum. Then, what happened? Why did it stop a dozen times in less than an hour and a half?

drug dealing or pimping. Why was the kid wearing all red? is that signal for certain types of people? is that why other boys in all red are seen wondering roadsides in the same area?
>>
bunp if U excuse me
>>
This has been a good thread. Does another anon from a different state want to give it a go
>>
>>17097115
I basically live at a national forest and have actually experienced some of the disorientation and feeling like i don't know where imat while outside a few times. Feels like I'm in a dream or in between realities. Shits weird.
>>
File: 1214coldcases_cynthia.jpg (152 KB, 362x484) Image search: [Google]
1214coldcases_cynthia.jpg
152 KB, 362x484
Here's one case I remember my mom Told me a little bit about.

Cynthia Joan Gastelle

Whatever happened to 18-year old Cynthia Joan Gastelle is one of those whodunit cases Coady is handling. She was reported missing to the Takoma Park police in Maryland by her family on April 3, 1980. On February 12, 1982, Prince William police found skeletal remains on Bull Run Mountain off of Mountain Road in the Haymarket area. Investigators didn’t know who she was, where she came from or how she got to where she was found. “They had a possibility of how she died but it wasn’t a concrete sort of thing at the time, where it was enough to know it was murder,” Coady says.
It wasn’t until recently when a cold case grant program from the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) enabled investigators to compare missing persons cases with random skeletal remains found in the region. In 2005, NIJ awarded a total of $14.2 million to 38 state and local agencies; and in 2007, the Institute awarded another $8 million to 21 state and local agencies.
Investigators collected the Gastelle family’s DNA when there was another skeleton found in Richmond, thinking maybe that was their daughter. It wasn’t.
But in May 2012, the DNA collected from the Gastelle family matched the skeletal remains of the Prince William County’s 30-year-old unsolved case. “That was a good day for us,” Coady says. “Unfortunately, you never want to tell the family bad news, especially when they had hopes that [their daughter] was still alive.”
There is no evidence of the perpetrator in that case, though they do have a picture of a former boyfriend who they consider a person of interest.
>>
File: JPentilla3.jpg (16 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
JPentilla3.jpg
16 KB, 150x150
Pentilla is originally from Great Falls, Montana. She moved to Missoula, Montana shortly before leaving for New Mexico in 1991. She left Missoula in late September 1991 and flew to San Diego, California, bringing her bicycle, camping gear, and two Bibles. She planned to bike from San Diego to Las Cruces, New Mexico, where she was to meet a missionary group and assist the poor, then on to visit Mexico.

Pentilla left San Diego, riding her white "Fuji" mountain bicycle and carrying a backpack and camping gear. From October 1, 1991, to October 17, Pentilla called her mother eight times, reporting her progress and her ambition to make it into Mexico.

She was last seen at a Shell service station on Pine Street in Deming, New Mexico, just 30 miles north of the Mexican border. From there she called her mother at approximately 09.00 on October 17 to say she'd changed her plans. She'd heard that a woman alone in Mexico might be in danger, so she'd decided to go to Minnesota to see a friend. Pentilla's mother offered to pay for her transport there after she made more concrete plans, and Pentilla agreed to call her mother that evening. She never called back, never arrived at the friend's home and has not been heard from again.

About a year later, on September 4, 1992, two dove hunters found Pentilla's camping equipment and journal under a tarp in a remote area between Hatch and Deming off of State Road 26, about 46 miles northeast of Deming.
A missing persons report was generated on November 1, 1991, by the Missoula Police Department. The investigation of Jennifer’s disappearance was the subject of national news coverage but no information as to her location has surfaced.
>>
File: 3413DMNM.jpg (7 KB, 107x160) Image search: [Google]
3413DMNM.jpg
7 KB, 107x160
Colonel Albert Jennings Fountain, born in New York, was a leading figure in the Republican Party in New Mexico, having served a term in the state legislature. He was also a lawyer in New Mexico and at one time defended Billy the Kid. At the time of his disappearance, he was the chief investigator and prosecutor for the newly formed Southeastern New Mexico Stock Growers' Association and he was working to put an end to cattle rustling.

Fountain, accompanied by his eight-year-old son Henry, was in Lincoln, New Mexico, to present a case at the Lincoln County Courthouse. During the proceedings, Fountain received an anonymous note warning 'If you drop this we will be your friends. If you go on with it you will never reach home alive.' Fountain kept with the case and secured 32 indictments.

On January 30, Albert Fountain and Henry began the 140-mile, three to four day journey home, traveling by a four-wheel covered buckboard wagon led by a team of two horses. They traveled through the Sacramento Mountains stopping for the night at the Mescalero village where they acquired a pinto pony from a friend.
>>
>>17108884
On January 31, while traveling to La Luz to spend the night, Fountain, noticed two riders, sometimes ahead and sometimes behind, throughout the day and began to get uneasy.

On February 1, while enroute for Mesilla via the Tularosa Basin and White Sands, he met with a stage coach whose driver mentioned three riders in the distance. After resting, he met another stage coach and noticed the same three riders in the distance. Because Henry was sick, he pressed on rather than take a break for the night. This was the last time anyone saw or heard from Albert or Henry.

Two search parties, one of them led by Fountain’s son, helped by two Mescalero Apache scouts, began piecing together the evidence. They found where a man had knelt and fired from behind a growth of shrubs, leaving shell casings on the ground. They discovered the site where two men had tended three horses. They followed wagon tracks and discovered a pool of blood. One man discovered a blood-soaked handkerchief with a nickel and a dime tied in its corner. They followed the wagon tracks of the buckboard and the hoof tracks of six horses east for some 12 miles, into sand dunes west of a small and isolated mountain range called the Jarillas. There, they discovered Albert's carriage, which had been plundered and abandoned.
>>
>>17108884
>>17108887

Search parties continued to look for the bodies and a reward offer was made by the New Mexico governor for the capture of the killers. Eventually, Oliver Lee, William McNew, and James Gilliand were arrested for the murder of Henry but charges against McNew were dismissed and Lee and Gilliand were acquitted.

On October 20, 1900, the Albuquerque Daily Citizen ran an article reporting that charred remains of a man and boy had been found in a canyon in the Sacramento Mountains. Sheriff Pat Garrett said it was impossible to identify the remains as Albert and Henry. Albert's older son, J.J. Fountain, stated that items were found with the remains that would not have belonged to his father but didn't rule out that the killers could have put the items there to throw off the investigation. The son later seemed resigned to the idea of the bodies belonging to his father and brother since no other disappearances involving a man and boy were known in the area. A memorial to both are in the Masonic Cemetery in Las Cruces.

A 2013 film, Among the Dust of Thieves, portrays the disappearance of Albert Fountain.
>>
File: PLTewangoitewa.jpg (10 KB, 120x150) Image search: [Google]
PLTewangoitewa.jpg
10 KB, 120x150
Pernell was last seen May 29, 1998 with his sister and friends at Gators Bar and Grill in Farmington, New Mexico.
According to witnesses he was seen leaving Gator’s parking lot at 01:30 and heading east on Main Street alone. He never made it home that night.

It is believed that Pernell detoured and went to a party that took place in Flora Vista, New Mexico.
On June 18, the Silver Subaru hatchback that he was driving was discovered completely burned in Choke Cherry Canyon, about five miles northwest of Farmington.

Farmington police processed the scene on June 20 and filed a missing-person report. The cause of the car fire was later determined to be arson.
The case remains unsolved, although investigators have looked at a possible connection to an alleged serial killer in the area. Although Pernell is classified as a missing person, police say they are treating the case as a homicide.

Pernell was a student at a local cosmetology school and lived with his sister at her house in Bloomfield about 10 miles southeast of Farmington.
>>
File: GCHossencofft3.jpg (8 KB, 95x150) Image search: [Google]
GCHossencofft3.jpg
8 KB, 95x150
Girly Chew Hossencofft was last seen on September 9, 1999. When she failed to show up for work at Bank of America the following day, concerned coworkers contacted the Albuquerque Police.
They entered Girly's apartment and found evidence of a struggle with blood spatters on clothing, the couch and the carpeting. Girly was nowhere to be found.
Within hours, her bloody clothing, blouse, shorts and panties, along with a bloodstained tarpaulin, was found along U.S. Route 60, just west of Magdalena, and her purse was found in the middle of an Albuquerque street.

Police have scoured the area, 100 miles southwest of Albuquerque and also have searched the foothills of the Sandia mountains east of Albuquerque. The area, on both the north and south sides of U.S. 60, were mined in the 1950s and '60s for copper. Most of the shafts are only 35-100 feet deep, but they are sufficiently deep enough to hide a body. These old mine shafts became the focus of the search for Girly Hossencofft's body, since it was a short distance from where Girly's bloody clothing was found.

Girly told friends and an FBI agent in the weeks leading up to her disappearance that if anything happened to her they should immediately focus on her estranged husband, Diazien Hossencofft.
Diazien Hossencofft was arrested September 21, 1999 in Charleston, South Carolina. Girly had left her husband in February 1999, filed for divorce, and obtained a restraining order against him.
Girly Hossencofft's coworkers told police that her husband had beaten her and threatened her life.
>>
>>17108906
Chew apparently met Hossencofft while vacationing in California. She had worked at two banks in Malaysia and often visited America as a tourist. She married Hossencofft about a year before she began working in Albuquerque.

A special state grand jury into her disappearance charged Diazien Hossencofft and his friend Linda Henning with murder, kidnapping, conspiracy, evidence-tampering and numerous other counts in November 1999. On January 2, 2000, Diazien was returned to New Mexico to face the murder charges. Diazien pleaded guilty to murdering Girly on January 9, 2002, to avoid the death penalty should he be found guilty by a jury. He was sentenced to life in prison plus 61 years, and sent to the State Penitentiary in Los Lunas.
On October 26, 2000, the jury found Henning guilty of pre-meditated first-degree murder. She was sentenced to 73 years in prison.
>>
>>17108906
>>17108908

On February 12, 2001, Bill Miller was arrested in his Albuquerque home for his role in the murder of Girly. Evidence surfaced that Miller had been hired by Diazien to dispose of the body. During the investigation of Miller, it was learned he was an avid hunter, owned a cabin in Socorro County and had several favorite campgrounds in the region where he preferred to hunt. All of these areas, including his cabin and mines near Kelly, were searched. No solid evidence linking Miller to the Hossencofft murder was found. On July 16, 2003, Bill Miller pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence — he was sentenced to 10 months supervised probation.

Diazien signed a plea agreement to reveal the location of Girly's body in exchange for serving his life sentence in Wyoming, which does not have the death penalty. Diazien identified an area along I-40 near the Rio Puerco where Miller supposedly buried Girly's body. Police were unable to find the body and Diazien refused to reveal any further details. Shortly thereafter, he was transferred to Wyoming to serve his life sentence.

This was the first murder case in New Mexico that resulted in convictions without a body. It was solved and tried primarily through DNA and trace evidence.
Although two people are serving time in prison for Girly's death, the Hossencofft case remains a cold case in that the exact nature of her murder and the whereabouts of her body remain a mystery.
>>
It’s been four months since anyone has heard from Raquel Rodriguez and her boyfriend, Abraham Jimenez. They were last seen April 19.
"This is rare, especially for this amount of time," said Chaves County Lieutenant Mike Herrington. "People go on vacations and people do other things and we do get calls saying, 'hey they're not there,' but not for this amount of time."
Lieutenant Herrington says deputies need all the help they can get.
"We have exhausted all of our leads," said Herrington. "We know that it is [instrumental] to the investigation that we get the community involved in giving us information so we can continue looking for these two people."
The couple’s vehicle was found abandoned down the street from their home and their animals were left alone.
>>
>>17108927

"The way that they disappeared is very suspicious," said Herrington, "because of their car being left there, because of animals being left unattended. Also that they didn't talk to anybody when they left. That's our biggest concerns."
"Right away I knew something was wrong," said Raquel’s son, Alexander Cordova, back in June. "At this point there is really no telling. Even if we could find at least her body or something to give her a proper funeral - it would be great opposed to not knowing where she's at or what's going on."
"The detective that's working this has even made trips to Albuquerque on leads that we have had; everything is just not checking out," said Herrington.
>>
>>17098592
This. It's really sad how forceful these posts are. I haven't been on /x/ for more than ten minutes in the past year without reading about David Paulides' Missing 411, usually over the course of five posts slowly namedropping him harder. This time it's just the first one, nothing of substance other than "If you like OP's post buy this book!"
>>
>>17101536
Sadly he is probably better off dead, it seems like he never would have had proper love and care if he stayed.
>>
>>17104216
Probably because he leaves out info. That would be a big reason to dislike it for me. The point of these cases is to help find or bring closure to the families and he is leaving out info that could help that. Also leaving out the info makes it kind of seem like hes using the dead for profit in a blatant way that is disrespectful.
>>
>>17103552
There's that one /out/ dude who basically lived off of rich peoples cabins for like 30 fucking years, until he was caught pretty recently with motion detectors.

His story was actually pretty fascinating, albeit tragic. Any /out/doorsman know what I'm talking about? I saved the link but reinstalled recently.
>>
>>17103787
I don't even walk past a lady/old person with heavy shit in their cart without asking if they need help. Ever. I don't understand why shit like that can happen... I mean, I DO... just... I can't imagine myself acting like that.

Reminds me of the case where all those people just watched as that lady got stabbed like 50x, because they had been told by authorities to just call authorities and not interfere.

Fuck society.

I've been on the scene of several dying people, and I never once thought "ohfuck I might get herpes from giving this person mouth-to-mouth" or "ohshit he got shocked I shouldn't touch him" I just fucking acted, while everyone else stood there in shock or in self preserving.
>>
>>17103798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfXdnlsK81o

and the funny as fuck remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EUNEoKO1P4
>>
>>17104192
We have similar in Tucson, even though there's much less evidence left behind. Isabel Celis, http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/2014/04/20/missing-tucson-girl-parents-still-have-hope/7936309/. I tried to post it a few days ago with a much more extensive post, but gave up after it wouldn't post due to spam. Even a few years later, if you type "tucson missing girl" you get many pages of her and nothing else. I don't know which is sadder, a rich parent who can fund an op like that and never find their kid, or a poor parent who probably coulda found their kid if they had the resources.
>>
>>17098855
>since he was surprised that a child of his age would agree to put on a red sweater with red pants

wat
>>
>>17109159
This. Very much this.

He is profiting from family tragedies, and not at all interested in actually helping them find answers. All he does is spin stories from loosely cited sources that he uses to tell his own fucking stories with many embellished facts or very important facts left out entirely.

And then /x/ either sucks his dick, or lets him spam his latest shit he's selling all over the board.

If I died right now, I would swear to God that Paulides is behind these absurd posts. They show up in the most obscure places linking the most obscure subjects to his books for sale for "only $25 on the official website."

Anyone who calls it out, even as a joke, gets flamed into the ground with no real given reason.

I honest to god believe we should have a sticky about Paulides. I'm tired of explaining myself thread after thread, post after post.
>>
File: 687[1].jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
687[1].jpg
61 KB, 600x600
>>17110426
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (43 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
43 KB, 600x449
>>17110448
you mad
>>
>>17101246
This one seems pretty straightforward, dude wanted a fresh start from his shitty life. He left the note as an excuse. The next day he probably realised he forgot something, went home when he knew his mother was out, changed, grabbed it, starting cooking some food, then had to leave in a hurry when his mum came home early.
>>
>>17105638
>Why did he call?
>As a criminal why would you give yourself away like that?

Dude's a pedo but probably not a sociopath, if he was a family friend and the girl was with him voluntarily he probably thought he owed them the message.
>>
>>17101487
My guess is he went out without his heaviest gear to scout out a place to spend the night. The idiot probably didn't know how to navigate properly by compass and map, got lost, injured and died somewhere in the park.
>>
>>17110638
But he had a stroke and other health issues, that type of person can't really get around quickly, as evidenced by his need for a scooter for mobility.
>>
>>17110678
The note though? I thought the same thing, he had his gear and left the car to find a place to camp, got lost and fell off a cliff or something. I live near the Smoky Mtns, there are black bears up there and I think we have some cougars and coyotes as well. Coyotes and bears would definitely eat the body if they found it, not sure about cougar though.
>>
No contribution right now, but bump. Thread's to young and fresh to die.
>>
WHAT HAPPENED TO DJ DEREK

fuckssake
>>
>>17112696
Who?
>>
> haven't had one in a while....

Must be, what, like 10min?????
>>
>>17113788
Thread's been alive since Thursday, moron, and regardless, there's plenty of OC here and this kind of content is leagues better than the stupid "how do I become God" or "how do I summon succubus" threads that now plague this dead board. Quit whining.
>>
>>17113788
Most missing people threads dont stay up very long or get many replied. I wanted a good one,so I made one. Lots of people contributed so it ended up being a nice longer lasting thread than usual.
>>
>>17113830
>>17113830
Well, dern. Guess I'm in the wrong here, fellas, it happens sometimes.

Thanks for setting me straight.
>>
>>17113869
Keep making and contributing to quality threads. We need to push out the cancer as much as possible and rebuild /x/. It's only possible if you post, since the mods won't help us.
>>
>>17110798
Pretty much all predators will also scavenge whatever they can get. It'd be pretty easy for his body to have been scavenged and spread around before anybody had a chance of finding him.

Sounds like a suicide anyway.
>>
File: alone against the dead.jpg (251 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
alone against the dead.jpg
251 KB, 1680x1050
I'm interested in hearing about young children who are snatched by rings of powerful, rich and connected people. Is this sort of thing mere rumor? Or do some elites actually actually trade in abducted children for purposes of pedophilia and Satanic sacrifices and that sort of thing? What would leave people to believe this occurs, beyond nightmarish fantasies and speculation? Has there ever been a whistleblower or insider who confessed and opened up about this?
>>
>>17115069
Asians in the UK aside, it's all rumor and exaggeration. And the Satanic sacrifices stuff is utter bullshit propagated by hysterical soccer moms. There are pedo rings without a doubt but as to whether or not the pedos themselves are powerful and rich is questionable. Connected though, certainly.
>>
>>17115077
>asians
Why do brits and swedes insist on refusing to call them muslims?
>>
>>17116318
Well then what do you call Hindus and Sikhs and Jains and Mizrahis and Christian Arabs?
>>
This is a bit disappointing. More content than discussion about the content. I guess /x/ isn't really the same anymore.
>>
>>17116344
quit complaining instead of contributing retard
people like you are the worst thing about this place now
>>
>>17116787
I've contributed most of the cases in the fucking thread. And no, the worst thing about this place right now are the cancer such as the succubus summoning kiddies.
>>
File: eugene_martin.jpg (17 KB, 268x333) Image search: [Google]
eugene_martin.jpg
17 KB, 268x333
OP here. No fighting please.

On August 12, 1984, 13 year old Eugene Martin left his home at 5 AM to do his early paper route in Des Moines, Iowa. His stepbrother did not go with him to deliver papers, so this morning he was by himself. Around 5:45-6:00 AM, he was seen folding papers and talking to a clean cut man that looked like he was in his thirties. Witnesses reported they looked to be engaged in a friendly conversation. Authorities do not know if the unknown man is involved in Eugene's disappearance.

At 7:15 AM, the manager called Eugene's parents reporting the rest of the newspapers were not being delivered. The official search for the 13 year-old boy did not begin until 8:40 that morning. Eugene's disappearance is looked at as having a definite connection with Johnny Gosch's disappearance, as they both were paper boys in Des Moines and vanished 2 years apart. At one time there was a $94,000 dollar reward for any tips that would lead officials to Johnny or Eugene. Neither of the boys have been heard from since. Eugene loved football, fishing, skating, and video games. His mother has since passed away, but the rest of his loved ones still search on for him.

Eugene was 5'0" and 110 lbs. at the time of his disappearance. He had brown hair and brown eyes, and also has a scar on his right knee. One of Eugene's wrists has a healed fracture. His nickname is Gene. He was last seen in a gray and white striped midriff t-shirt with red sleeves, blue jeans and blue "Trax sneakers" with white diagonal stripes. He would now be 38 years old.
>>
File: q2qOe3j.jpg (68 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
q2qOe3j.jpg
68 KB, 620x349
>>17117010
Age progression.
>>
>>17110438

I enjoy reading the one book of his that I have but it's disheartening to know he omits facts or other evidence from some of the cases in his book. There is something behind the concentration of peoples disappearances in certain areas (state parks i.e.) but don't lie about it ffs. If his claim the National Parks Service doesn't have have a data base of missing people in national parks, that's fucked up. He also leaves shit out for example one case I read tl:dr a 14 year old boy went missing and was later found alive. That's where the case ended though, a 14 year would have been able to tell what the fuck happened and it was left out. That's shitty work, just leave that example out of the book instead misrepresenting it. The book is an interesting read but the omission of details and accounts is frustrating and leads to discrediting things that may be true.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.