[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been reading up on folklore and some of it is surprisingly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
So I've been reading up on folklore and some of it is surprisingly scary. It made me wonder if any of you guys have had any experiences with things that could be considered folk beings.

If not are there any spooky legends unique to your area or country? Share them here.
>>
>>17087197
I'm seeing a very scary entity from ypur region, OP. They are nearer to you than you would suspect. Be careful.
>>
>>17087213
No dice. I live in the a densely populated area of a large US city.
>>
>>17087345
That makes it even more likely.
>>
>>17087347
Other humans can be scary entities I suppose, sure.
>>
>>17087345
It's your mother, anon. I've been seeing her often.
>>
Just Boogers, Witches & Haints
>>
>>17087197
>It made me wonder if any of you guys have had any experiences with things that could be considered folk beings.
Yes, but you will never know because I really did but it's finals week and I don't have time for this shit and will probably forget. Told my story a few times and /x/ flipped their shit, but fuck you t-b-h.

In short, fuck you and never go to the woods or fuck with anything ever of all time.
>>
>>17089981
your post is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>17090041
>wtf I'm ITT
>why am I ITT
>I don't even know mang
That's you, and the thread you replied to you fucking samefag.
>>
>>17089981
Please share anon. Part of the reason is I need some tangible experiences to wrap my head around as part of the writing process. If you can't share here what's it about? I could scour the archive. Any keywords?
>>
>>17087197
http://www.lostdestinations.com/witches.htm

My mother grew up near a road like this in New Jersey. You would drive across seven increasingly tall mounds in the road before hitting level ground. Supposedly, each mound was the burial site of a witch who died during the colonial era; it was bad luck to stop on the road before you had crossed over all seven.
>>
>>17087197
Once, after burning a "Horned god" incense I saw a horned satyr like man formed from the mist of my shower.

I've also seen some sort of light-based humanoid fly slowly across my house. Twice actually.
>>
spent a lot of time with the fey
>>
Will post some haint stories round witchin' hour
>>
>>17087197
Folklore is essentially demonology. Its very real. Also the large monsters and dragons spoken of in legend are real as well and are very likely the result of demonic hybrid humans/animals. Read the apocryphal book of Enoch for more details. Its shockingly specific and enlightening.

For example it talks about specific demons and what they taught men in exchange for the rights to breed their women. One demon taught abortions. One taught metallurgy. One taught astrology. Another makeup.

When you read folklore about certain regions or the namesake of places, understand it wasn't by accident or random. Avoid any place with a name like devils canyon or wicked falls or things like that, especially at night, unless you have the proper protection, ie the blood of Jesus
>>
>>17091508
Be careful what you invite in. Words have power.
>>
>>17087345
You'd be surprised at just how much creepy folklore builds up in a city. ESPECIALLY ghosts.
>>
>>17093085
>monsters and dragons are real
>likely the result of demonic hybrid humans/animals
>shockingly specific
Feels a bit vague to me. If you can confirm their reality you should have more knowledge than "likely."
>>
anyone know any cool folklore books?
>>
File: the_hag_by_jhuertajr-d5qzgdc.jpg (154 KB, 1280x1023) Image search: [Google]
the_hag_by_jhuertajr-d5qzgdc.jpg
154 KB, 1280x1023
>>17093257

'Short and Shivery: Thirty Chilling Tales' (Robert D. San Souci)

'Even More Short and Shivery: Thirty Spine-Tingling Tales' (Robert D. San Souci)
>>
I live in Canada, in a major city but in the prairies where there is shit all else around besides lots of open land.
I grew up in the suburbs at the southern edge of the city when it was just being developed so literally just miles of empty field behind my house and the other houses on the street.
The fields have been further developed now so they are filled with more houses as the city has expanded, but I had a few experiences in that neighbourhood growing up that I can't explain and still bother me to this day.
>>
>>17093070
Right here we are then.

>One night I was passin' along, th'moon
a'shinin' pretty bright. It'uz along about ten o'clock at night.
>Directly I heard somethin' come scra-a-a-a-pin' along behind me. I turned around and looked around. 'Bout that time that thing hit me right in th'bend of th'legs. Felt just like a old dry cow hide.
>I danced away, but couldn't see a thing. I stood around there a while, kept lookin' around, but never did see nothin'.
>Finally I just walked off'n'left it. I never could see a thing.

>And we used t'live in old John Sanders' house there. They'uz a winder there at th'chimbly end—right next t'th'chimbly. And they'uz somethin' ever'night'r'two would come there at th'winder and moan an' groan an' make funny rackets.
>One night it climbed up in th'winder—th'winder was made out a planks, y'know. He just come up there on that winder an' scratched and went on an' kept jumpin'n'scratchin'.
>After while, my daddy decided he'd get up and see what it was.
>When he got out there, it vanished away—couldn't see nothin'.
>They said they'uz a man killed in there claimed it was hainted.
>They was right.

>And I passed along by th'Methodist church one time. It was 'bout eleven'r'twelve o'clock in th'night, but th'moon'uz shinin', and th'church doors happened t'be open.
>So I heard somethin' runnin'n'jumpin' across th'benches in there an' makin' th'awfullest racket I ever heered.
>I didn't have no light a'no kind'r'nothin', but I went on in'ere—went plumb back in th'back a'th'church. That racket disappeared then and I couldn't see nothin'—couldn't see a thing in th'world, and th'moon'uz a'shinin' in at th'doors an'through th'winders too, so I could see pretty well.
>So I walked on down th'road a piece, an' directly I heard a li'l racket behind me. I just turned around and looked. It'uz just like
somethin' a'draggin' a little old sheep skin'r'somethin'
>Never did find out what it was
>>
>>17093520
Whew messed up some of that greentext mea culpa.

>Man said, "I got a house over there on th'edge a'town. You can stay in there all night—all winter if y'want to.
>Won't cost a dime. There's plenty a'wood, books an'ever'thing in there." Says, "I'll tell y'th'reason it's thataway." Says, "Ever'body that's ever stayed there says it's hainted." Says, "There's a ghost comes in there an' they all afraid a'it."
>"Aw," I says. "I don't care nothin' about that. I won't be afraid-'r'nothin'. I'll just go over there. May stay a day'r'two."
>I went over an' fixed me some coffee an' lunch an' ate it. Got a book and'uz settin' readin' when a big ol'cat come down an' went up an' wallered in th'fire an' says, "Don't know what t'do about attackin' y'now." Said, "I reckon I'll wait till Martin come."
>I didn't like that much. I got me another book.
>Directly here come another'n down th'steps. Big ol'angoran cat.
>Said he got under th'forestick an' rambled around an' knocked fire all over th'place, an' he kicked th'fire back'n said, "Y'wanna commence on'im now or wait till Martin gets here?"
>"Well," I says, "I don't know when Martin'll get here, but when he comes, you tell him I've been here and gone!"
>>
>>17093374
Calgaryfag detected.
Also
>fishing this hard
Shame.
>>
In Port Perry Ontario there's am urban legend of a motorcyclist who would rip right through a farmers wheat field while joy riding. The farmer put up a wire fence to stop this but the cyclist did not see it that night and decapitated himself. His head landed on a rock across the road.

Now if you go to "ghost road" at 2am on a clear night you can see what appears to be a motorcycle head light bouncing out in the field. It's silent and if you get too close it vanishes. There have been report of a tail light being seen but I have never seen it.

Back to the rock... My friends all had different experiences. Me and my one friend (we'll call him Charlie) found the rock to be normal. Our friend (John) found the rock to be ice cold to the touch and refused to sit on it for pictures. Then after taking pictures our friend Sam got really sick and we ended up leaving half way through the light show. Pics to come.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-00-02-01.png (100 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-00-02-01.png
100 KB, 540x960
>>17093602
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-00-02-18.png (354 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-00-02-18.png
354 KB, 540x960
>>17093602
Doing screen caps from google to keep anonymous
>>
File: artBrooks[1].jpg (35 KB, 250x324) Image search: [Google]
artBrooks[1].jpg
35 KB, 250x324
>Bob Meeks was his name, and he was a'workin' somewhere in Tennessee over there. They didn't have th'road then, and he had t'come across that mountain.
>It was late in th'night and he'uz a comin' along up that mountain, and he said he come around a curve and he seen this thing. Said it'uz th'biggest man he ever saw.
>The man stepped out of a water ditch by th'sidc of th'road, and said he just leaned over a little, and as he come by he just stepped on th'runnin' board, reached down, opened th'door, got in, set down, and looked him over. It was a old Model T, and th'way it was goin' it didn't make much more time than a man walkin'.
>And he said he looked at that thing's hands and that's what he couldn't figure out. Says hit's fingers, one of em was as long as two of his'n if they was put together, and as big again around. He said he had awful big arms, and on top of his hands was just as hairy plumb on down toward his fingers. His fingers was th'longest he'd seen on anybody. Must have been ten inches long.
>He said he spoke t'him and he never did speak back. He said he didn't know whether he was gonna do anything t'him or not. He said he knowed he was big enough. They wadn't nothin' he could'a done about it. They wadn't no need a'gettin' scared because that man could'a reached plumb around him one-handed. Big tall man—all
hairy.
>Said he had a beard way down, an' face hairy, an' said he was a kind'a'nasty-lookin' old man. Said he looked as old as th'hills.
>Said he never got a sound out'a'him. He could hear him a'gettin' his breath.
>And he said he rode at least three mile with him, and he wondered if this thing was goin' plumb t'Ducktown with him. An' he was goin' around another curve, an' said that thing—man, what'ere it was— he just stepped out. And said he looked back and it'uz just a'standin'
>Said he was th'ungodliest man he ever did see all th'days of his life.
>And after that man got out, Bob said he just kept drivin' on.
>>
Not necessarily folklore but more of a sort of local urban legend that very few people know or talk about:

My grandfather used to tell me that there was a man who would sit on the front porch of his home in a rocking chair or a swing (I can't remember, but it was one of the other) and he would see the man as he and his brother walked by. The man died, but my grandfather swore to me that he could both see the rocking and what he said was a ghost in the seat. I have verified this story with a few others and one of his brothers (that was still alive) and they say the same thing.

My grandfather also said that when he was a kid the folks next door to him had a baby that died. On certain nights he would still be awake, look out the window, and see a baby crawling around the yard.

Really local urban legend that has been in my family, but still thought I would share. Never told anyone but family before.
>>
>>17093085
>the blood of Jesus
What the fuck senpai?
>>
>>17087197
Read about Turbalan,Karakonjul,Baba yoga,and the scariest other Balkan creature is called Azis
>>
>>17093567
Not Calgary.
>>
>>17093092

S/he didn't say it was a "bad" experience.

Some of you guys are like hysterical old women.
>>
>>17087363
holy kek
>>
File: ECETI.jpg (23 KB, 576x387) Image search: [Google]
ECETI.jpg
23 KB, 576x387
>>17087197

After discussing this with a paranormie here I've considered that it's possible I encountered a fairy although I saw it as a ball of light. I visited the spot that it happened and retold the story in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svn6D9UsLsQ

When the original experience happened I pulled out a camera I had with me to film it and it stopped hovering in front of me and flew out into the trees like it was a conscious entity.

Another time I went to ECETI the UFO ranch in Washington and besides seeing countless UFOs I went out into the field at night by myself and photographed tons of orbs (I didn't keep any of the pics though, had a spiritual crisis of sorts not long after and just didn't care). But what's really interesting is I heard something small about the size of a puppy running around in the grass and following me. I couldn't explain it. They believe there are nature spirits at the ranch and they probably would have told me that's what I was experiencing.

The A&E Show "Paranormal State" did an investigation at ECETI not long after I left and also experienced UFOs and unexplainable creatures and nature spirits while there.

Here's the full episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3df7c0HgQ0k
>>
>>17097663
Kill yourself
>>
>>17098022
Whats your problem?
>>
>>17098022
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies
>>
>>17098022
Kill yourself nigger, you want some?
Get raped nigger
>>
>>17093092
>>17096921
yeah. it wasn't bad. I wasn't scared. It was awakening if it was anything. Good.
>>
>>17098163
lol
>>
>>17093602
>The farmer put up a wire fence to stop this but the cyclist did not see it that night and decapitated himself.
That's murder. The same thing can be done on trails where people ride their ATV's and motorcycles and stuff. It can kill a person even in broad daylight. Just thinking about it is spooky.
>>
>>17099795
Yeah except it happened on the farmer's property because the cyclist was trespassing. So yeah, not really murder. All on the cyclist.
>>
>>17099795
Manslaughter. No malice but knowledge that said device ( if proven they laid it ) could cause deathly harm.
>>
File: selma.jpg (2 MB, 3567x2691) Image search: [Google]
selma.jpg
2 MB, 3567x2691
Only thing we have other than trolls
>>
File: ghost-1.jpg (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ghost-1.jpg
35 KB, 600x450
>>17087197
One time when i was in school trip.
>I woke up i look at clock it's 3:00
>Spookyscaryskieleton.jpg
>felling a little dizzy
>stand up and look outside window
>It's fucking raining and thunders fucks all over the sky
>Then i look inside room of the opposide building
>Then i see this shit
>Fast roll inside blanket
>Staying in this position until 6:00
>this was last night in my schooltrip
>>
>>17103739
that's a beautiful watchtower
>>
File: 1437106818479.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1437106818479.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>17087345
>densely populated area of a large US city.
I bet there's a bunch of spooks all around you then. Ever had anything disappear at gunpoint?
>>
>>17092655
Good for you!
>>
>>17093085
Like Jesus fucked you so hard in the butt that his penis started bleeding inside of you?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.