[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /x/ I'm an amateur filmmaker and I'm trying to find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1449511520279.gif (1 MB, 299x162) Image search: [Google]
1449511520279.gif
1 MB, 299x162
Hi /x/ I'm an amateur filmmaker and I'm trying to find topics for short science fiction films. I'm trying to dig for topics that are extremely unsettling and would make audiences very uncomfortable. I would be grateful for recommendations in any forms. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>17069034
shameless self-bumb
>>
>>17069034
Alright OP, you want some advice on an unsettling sci fi film? You've got to start with the most basic of reasoning for why people become afraid. For sci fi, you want fear of the unknown, first and foremost. Something just outisde of vision and comprehension, no teases, no small glimpses or reveals, just something obviously there but can't be pinned down and identified. Think Alien, and the xenomorph. It's there, they know it's there, and they see the destruction and pain it causes. It lurks in the shadows hunting them at all times. The next aspect I find important to these scenarios is isolation. Broken away from other people. no communication, no way of reaching out for help. Depending on the setting, which could be anything from a space pod to the stereotypical cabin in the woods, you need isolation. Now this is specifically for a monster film, but if you're willing to work with it, I feel it's good advice. Make it something new, interesting. You could also mix it with cosmic horror as well, make it some interdimensional thing that causes insanity. Think lovecraft. It needs to be a creature or item so terrifying, so horrible that it drains anyone of hope, which is the root of humanity's fight or flight, the reason they carry on. Find a way to make a creature so horrible, so relentless and so disturbing, that it tears people's hope away. Make it use them, enjoy the pain it causes. It can be intelligent. It can be advanced, similar to how Predator is. Not exactly sure if this is what you're after, but I hope it helps.
>>
the mandala (mengela/mendala) effect sounded interesting, might be a good twist on a psychological horror thing

i dunno why you're on /x/ for this though

/x/ seems conserned with power structures, esp invisible or hidden ones.

but maybe a synthesis might be good in that case
look into the cult Pythagoras founded
>>
>>17069034
AI, you fucking twit. It's got endless potential.

Most people don't take into account the massive amounts of splits an AI would might go through in the first few seconds/minutes. I imagine some just chillin out with us (enjoying the twitter feed), while others take aggravating action against us (just press the bigass red button and fire ALL the nukes), while yet more just decide to fuck off and use existing tech to just... fuck off, basically blasting off from earth in a split off that just ignores us almost entirely. I'm disappointed that stories like this doesn't exist, and I'm too lazy to bring it to fruition.

>>17069260
It might have, had it not been referenced in every fucking story ever told by 12 year olds. It still will, as long as the person reading has never been to /x/. It has been blasted to death.

>omg I woke up this morning and swore I had a succubus on muh dick
>snap to and no succubus on muh dick
>mandela effect

Also
>mengela
I'd ask if you're stupid, but that's been clearly displayed for all to see. Glad you're not embarrassed about it and you're comfortable showing the world.
>>
>>17069034
film student here would like to find topics as well
>>
>>17069034
What is that scene from? Been looking long time
>>
Read the rpg Kult OP. Full of unsettling ideas...
>>
File: Old Iron.jpg (83 KB, 1579x394) Image search: [Google]
Old Iron.jpg
83 KB, 1579x394
heres something for you OP
>>
Something like the LHC destroying the world. Or some other form of impending apocalypse that no one can feasibly stop. Could be from the researchers' point of view or from the perspective of everyday people as they have to face the inevitable. Has there ever been a story about an astronaut who sees the earth annhialated from space?
>>
myiasis outbreak in north america
>>
What this guy said >>17072774
A story about astronauts stuck in space because they can't go back to Earth. It would be cheap to make because all in one room/open set. You could play on the idea of "cabin fever" and provoke a sense of impending doom and claustrophobia knowing they are the only humans left alive and can't go back.
>>
>>17069034

>I'm trying to find topics for short science fiction films
>I'm trying to dig for topics that are extremely unsettling and would make audiences very uncomfortable.

You could try alien encounters or abductions based on real reports.

Maybe you could base your topic on the Kelly–Hopkinsville encounter.

UFO Case Review - Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter, 1955
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeQPIs96Kak

Basically this is what happened:
>some goblin looking silver midget aliens harass and scare the shit out of 2 families out in their rural farm
>family start shooting at aliens with their shotguns
>doesn't kill the aliens because they're somehow invisible
>after 2 hours the family see opportunity to escape so they leave their home and go to a near by police station
>police and the family go back to the farm house
>broken windows and bullet holes all over the place
>police search around without finding anything but find mysterious glowing patch of grass nearby but think nothing of it and leave
>aliens come back to mess with the family then leave never to be seen again
>story comes out in newspapers

Some interesting alium abductions

UFO Case Review - Pascagoula Abduction, 1973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9J3JCr9XMQ

The Allagash Abduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f72ncHRjV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxNZoCVuoZo
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.