[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Astral Projecting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: meditation.jpg (141 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
141 KB, 425x282
I want to attempt to astral project, but I've heard good and bad things about the experience. Can someone tell me your experiences with it, and what it really is? Do you really see other spirits?
>>
Where are you on your basics, OP?
>>
>>17064991
They can bully you so psychologically that I can't tell you how many times I've come out of a horrible loop dimension of regret and self loathing.
>>
>>17065003
You may have heard this one as well..
They are so sly and so sneaky in their methods of delivering negative emotions that you can sometimes, not even know they are doing it.
>>
I don't know but I remember it like it was yesterday, I thought I had a lucid dream and thought I heard my grandpa who passed away before I was born so I followed the voice right, I didn't know what was going on and when I looked behind me, I realized I was in my room and I saw my own body, anyways I followed thenvpice, right when I got out of my room, I felt as if something touched my body so I immediately went back and I couldn't I didn't know what to do and randomly I blinked and was back in my body but I couldn't move my body and my lungs stopped working because I felt pressure in my chest so I couldn't breathe and had to accept that I might die, but then I woke up and to this day, I'm wondering how I knew it was my grandpa and for what purpose
>>
>>17065000
I have been trying to meditate and astral travel. But lately I've stopped. Because I don't know what I'm getting into. I know people say it won't harm you. But other people have told me It's evil and can ruin your life.
>>
>>17065282
If I can astral travel, you can astral travel.

I ain't a strong person. It didn't break me.
>>
>>17065282

You need to meditate some more. Don't think about astral travel before covering the basics, which in your case will be overcoming the first obstacles of the meditator. I’d also advise you to familiarize yourself with the Sephiroth of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life. Pickup Kabbalah and Meditation by Aryeh Kaplan from the MEGA, stellar book.

What I’m saying is, cover the basics.
>>
>>17065297
I'll take a look at that book. I've also been trying to open my third eye, or activate my pineal gland lately.
>>
>>17064991
I haven't done it yet so I don't know. I can't give you my experiences astral projecting because, from my perspective at least, I've never done it.

There's a reason I've never done it, though, that is very relevant to your question. See, in order to do it...

You need to be free from the influence of your own suppositions about what it's like.

Maybe you run into a demon. So what? Maybe you hit an angel. Maybe you find god. Nobody can tell you what's going to happen when you finally project, they can only prepare you for the possibilities they know to exist. Anyone giving you a dire warning about the astral has seen a horrible thing. Anyone that says it's great and awesome and you should totally try has seen a thing that they consider amazing. There are those who tell you that it's nothing impressive, and they aren't wrong either. Each and every experience is liable to be valid because the astral isn't just one place; it is every place.

That's the theory, anyway. You'll have to actually go there and see for yourself. The one thing you can't take with you is your preconceptions based on other people's testimony. Their experiences were their own. It's like hesitating while gestating in your mother's womb prior to birth. How can you tell a paranoid embryo that life is so much more diverse than anything they've experienced in their womb?
>>
>>17065448
I'm going to practice meditating and try to astral travel. Even if I can get a tiny glimpse of something else outside of this reality, then It's worth it to me.
>>
>>17065557
That's the spirit.

It's an adventure.
>>
You should do some third eye meditations.

You don't have to wait for an astral travel experience to encounter entities. You can just boost your sensitivity to them by meditating on the chakra that makes these abilities possible.

Opening your third eye will also make astral travel much easier to do. You might even slip into astral travel spontaneously while meditating.

The reason why most people have problems lucid dreaming or astral traveling is because their third eye remains in a dormant state. Just like how you need your physical eyes to see this dimension, the third eye is the eye of your soul, aware of all the other dimensions that your physical eyes can't see.

If it is dormant, then no matter how much you practice your lucid dreaming techniques, you will never quite break the barrier. You might break the barrier indirectly, because any spirit-focused activity like attempting to lucid dream is accessing your third eye. But that is going about it the long way. By meditating and energizing your third eye, you awaken your natural attunement to extra-dimensional stuff, including astral realms and entities.

Practicing techniques is good, but follow it up with some meditation and your techniques will start to feel more intuitive to you.

A beginning meditation consists of spinal breathing. You close your eyes and focus at the base of your spine. Imagine a pressure of energy there and as you inhale, you lift the energy up the spine and out into the brain. As you exhale, you focus on that energy permeating the brain esp the area in between your eyebrows.

As you do this, repeat "So" for inhale and "Ham" for exhale in your mind. The mantras don't really have any inherent meaning, but they're useful for helping you focus only on breathing.

You'll know it works because you'll start to feel vibrations in your spine and in your third eye area. The accumulation of this energy will energize your third eye, which will eventually follow with greater sensitivity to all.
>>
>what is astral projection

Think of reality as like channels on a television. Right now, you're tuned into the channel of your particular personal life which includes your body, your thoughts, your feelings, along with the outside world, the context in which you in this channel lives.

If you flip to the next channel, it's a different world. The rules are different. You experience a different kind of body, perhaps not as dense as your physical one. You see entities that are the same exact way. You might even see people you know from the other channel hanging out here. You notice that here, any thought you think, with enough focus, suddenly appears before you.

If you flip the channel again, it's another type of world with another type of experience.

There are basically infinite channels to flip through but they all basically exist right here right now. Astral traveling isn't really traveling anywhere outside of your own body. It's just your consciousness tuning into different channels that exist.

It might not even be a specific tuning to a specific channel. Your consciousness might just open up to a few different channels at a time, causing you to experience multiple different types of dimensions, including entities that exist there along with the one you know as the physical world.
>>
Can anyone give me tips for staying astral. I tried focusing on things like my hands but I just wake up. I can get out of my body for just a moment but that's it.
>>
>>17065986
I've been doing Third Eye meditations and trying to astral travel for a while now. When I sleep, I feel like something is about to happen. But I never let it happen.
>>
>>17066241
Try projecting from a waking state. If you only ever do it during your dream cycle, you'll have to master lucid dreaming at the same time you're practicing astral projection. It's possible that you're better at it than you think, but your dream memory is just shit. If you're not keeping a dream journal, start doing it now.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.