[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I usually don't lurk around /x/, but I'm doing so now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1448039211034.png (659 KB, 1359x772) Image search: [Google]
1448039211034.png
659 KB, 1359x772
I usually don't lurk around /x/, but I'm doing so now because something I have kept experiencing over and over again for the past few days has left me pretty spooped. Last week I spent a lot of time at my university's library because I had to hand in essays. So I gathered a couple of books to use as secondary sources and until then it was nice and easy. But on Saturday I went to the library as normal and noticed one of the books I was using on my essay was missing. Now, the book was in the restricted section and in the permanent collection of the library, so no one could have had borrowed it or stolen it. Moreover, when I went to check the book's availability there were no results for it, even though I recall my library having at least two or three copies available. When I went to check online, the book apparently didn't fucking exist either. This is bizarre, given the book is relatively new (the first edition was published in December 2012) and there should have been at least some search results for it. Yet Google found nothing. On top of that, the exact same thing is beginning to happen to some articles on JSTOR which I recall seeing but now seem to have never existed in the first place.

What do you think is going on, /x/? I doubt this has anything to do with ayylmaos or shit like that. Moreover, I know the book was there and it was an incredibly well-researched source for the essay I was working on at the moment.
>>
inb4 mandalafags get a new convert
>>
>>17060578
Book title?
>>
>>17060594
Nah, not me. I don't really believe in that shit.

>>17060598
The Archaeology of Human Evolution by Maslin. The edition I was using was first published in 2012 by Oxford University Press.
>>
>>17060578
>restricted section

Wtf school do you go to? hogwarts?
>>
>>17060614
I'm at a British uni m8. Mine has a permanent collection of books which can't be borrowed and can only be used during library hours, so we call it the "restricted section".
>>
>>17060610
Would that be Mark A Maslin?

He exists, but he authors papers on climate change
>>
>>17060626
Yes, but that's weird because if I recall correctly he was a lecturer in archaeology at University College, Oxford.
>>
>>17060632
How sure are you? Like did you ever attend his lectures?
>>
>>17060626
Just did a few searches and found his Twitter. www.twitter.com/ProfMarkMaslin Perhaps you could shoot him a question there, OP.
>>
I could never find Fly Fishing by J.R. Hartley in the library either
>>
>>17060652
Let us know what happens OP.
>>
>>17060748
Baimp.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.