[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is God to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: JenBody.gif (485 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
JenBody.gif
485 KB, 500x269
What is God to you?
>>
something
>>
I honestly don't think God exists in any explainable sense.

That's God. The unexplained and intangible. God is reality, and all possible realms of possibility or something.
>>
God is the person that speaks to me every night. God is the one that controls me.
>>
File: img1367.png (226 KB, 935x633) Image search: [Google]
img1367.png
226 KB, 935x633
>>17057850
Nothing
>>
A meemee
>>
The light in all the realm.
>>
What if god was one of us?
>>
Vast
Infinite
Unfeeling and unthinking
God to me is a swirling mass of chaos. And around this chaotic force, the universe bends and swirls to its will.
>>
File: dr evil.jpg (6 KB, 480x212) Image search: [Google]
dr evil.jpg
6 KB, 480x212
>>17058015
>bloo bloo blooooo bloo bloo bloo bloo
>>
The core which drives all (including you), very mechanical compared to "gods".
>>
>>17057850
God to me is both creation and creator as one. Wherever I look I see God. All is divine, even the smallest grain of sand.
>>
File: v6zCII6.jpg (223 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
v6zCII6.jpg
223 KB, 540x800
>>17058465
How can someone realise that without someone telling him that, I've been walking around trying to see what the sages see (you know, we are god and all one, and whatnot) but I still havent went oh woow i see, i realise now.
>>
>>17057850
>What is God to you?
Apparently a sexy-ass monster chick. I'm ok with this.
>>
File: GoD.jpg (3 KB, 122x98) Image search: [Google]
GoD.jpg
3 KB, 122x98
>>
>>17057850
The spark with which our existence was ignited. Not a being so much as a primal source of energy. I mean the entirety of the universe (which is expanding infinitely) had to get a jump start from something right?
>>
>>17058489
How can you not see that you are the same as that chair you sit on, or anything else you observe. Absolutely all that existence entails, is but existence itself. How can anything be saparate from that which puts all to being.

No matter how different anything might seem from eachother it is still the same Self/God expressing itself as all the different forms. The belief that you are something separate from all is simply the great illusion the universe plays on itself to get lost in itself.

The universe is all there is, it's both everything and nothing at the same time, which is why the universe is infinite.

This understanding can only be known and felt through experience. It comes the moment the ego has realized it's true self through meditation and deep contemplation on reality. The moment the ego has seen and understood it's real self, it will simply vanish, as it then thoroughly sees it's own falsehood completely.

It can also be understood intellectually, but that will not bring on the profound effects of the experience itself, as it will simply be understood from the egos point of view and will simply become one of it's many beliefs about the universe keeping you in duality. Knowledge can only be reached through experience, there is no other way.

If you truly want to see, you must be completely sincere in your search for truth. Do not try to reach it through anything but your own efforts, as that will simply lead you astray. No holy texts, nor saint can ever give you truth, it is only reached by yourself.

I hope I was somehow able to give you some understanding on the matter, peace and all things great.
>>
>>17058015

the gods are us.

We are the gods now.

Not to be confused with God. The Creator of All.
>>
The gods were the Aliens of the Pagan Pantheon from the Old World of Mesopotamia.

The Jews are False Monotheists who have chosen one of the Pagan gods as their Lord.
>>
Jews worship Enlil as God.

But he is actually one of the Anunna gods.

The Elohim are the Anunnaki.
>>
>>17058015
just a stranger on the bus,..
tryin to make his way home
>>
>>17057850
The Alpha and omega the creator of all things A spirit being who is full of love that created you and me in his image
>>
>>17059459

See here you go again mixing together Anunnaki mythology with the Creator of All.

And you are so brainwashed you are probably not even aware you are doing it.
>>
The is a copy of the Sumerian text and they tell us that we are made in the Image of and the Likeness of the Anunnaki.

The Anunna gods came here and found a primitive primate humanoid that they blended their DNA with.

That is not creation, its Manipulation.

We are an emergent emanation of the creation of the universe.

Like the Anunnaki are.

Enki to his brother responded: Not slaves, but helpers is my plan!
The Being already exists! Ninmah was saying. To give more ability is the plan!
Not a new creature, but one existing more in our image made! Enki with persuasion said,
With little change it can be achieved, only a drop of our essence is needed!
A grave matter it is, it is not to my liking! Enlil was saying.
Against the rules of from planet to planet journeying it is,
By the rules of to Earth coming it was forbidden.
To obtain gold was our purpose, to replace the Father of All Beginning it was not!
After Enlil thus had spoken, Ninmah was the one to respond:
My brother! Ninmah to Enlil was saying,
With wisdom and understanding has the Father of All Beginning us endowed,
To what purpose have we so been perfected, else of it utmost use to make?
With wisdom and understanding has the Creator of All our life essence filled,
To whatever using of it we capable are, is it not that for which we have been destined? .....
>>
conciseness of the highest level. God is a label
>>
we live in a finite world and therefore digital (this has been proved by science) the real world is analogic and therefor infinite. If god exists he must be the source of that world.

tl;dr we don't even get to have a god in our reality :(
>>
File: Trinitarian Conception of God.jpg (30 KB, 337x485) Image search: [Google]
Trinitarian Conception of God.jpg
30 KB, 337x485
Id Quo Maius Cogitari Nequit
Summum Bonum
Quiddam Maius Quam Cogitari Possit
>>
File: 1440805885918.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1440805885918.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>17057850
me, breh.

Also there are many gods.
>>
>>17057866
>>17057880

Everything.

>>17058015

What if God was all of us?
>>
>>17057850
The Holy Trinity.
>>
>>17059753
If I am God and you are God and I kill you because you don't agree with mean it means you're not omnipotent - you didn't know that I would kill you and you didn't create a world where I couldn't kill you.
+ If God is everything and you are God and I kill you why is reality still there.
>>
The Divine is unknown and unknowable
>>
God and Goddess
Earth and Spirit
>>
>>17057850
What created reality.
>>
>>17057873
woah dude, that's a little bizarre because God doesn't want to control you.
>>
a beautiful female.

but above all, not the master of everything, only the master of this universe.
>>
>>17057850

I think God is probably something alien. Like, maybe it (he? She? I feel like such terms don't apply here) isn't malevolent per se, but it doesn't really understand what it's like to be human. It doesn't always have our best interests at heart, but it isn't 'out to get us'. God just does its own thing most f the time.
>>
>>17057873
sounds more like some guy i know... let me think. i think his name started with S.
>>
>>17059494
>And you are so brainwashed you are probably not even aware you are doing it.
Yes that is how belief works.
>>
>>17060195
This makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 194x259
Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.…"

here we have Jesus saying...
"God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
>>
>>17057850
God, to me, is an extra dimensional cosmic super-organism. It is the mind, or soul, of the universe. By that I mean that it is the creator and sole inhabitant of the universe. All the matter in the universe are incarnations of its body, and the perceptual awareness in the universe is its mind. Some incarnations have more complex perceptual awareness than others, some exist in spacial dimensions and across time beyond our reckoning. Its purpose is to understand everything by experience. Our purpose as an incarnation of God is to do whatever it is that we are going to do, everything needs doing and we are all doing our bit, whether we like (or acknowledge) it or not.
When we die, we experience our lives from outside of time and from the perspective of everyone/ everything we ever interacted with. We then probably wish we'd been a nicer. Then our individual perceptions merge with the collective unconscious, or God-mind.
The gods of old (inc. YHWH) are/ were aliens (potentially non-physical or extra dimensional) that interacted with ancient Man and we gave them undue credit. They may have genetically manipulated us 'in their image' from native apes but the divine spark was not from them, it is the God-mind.
>>
>>17060464
This is what New Age sounds like when it's not being a preachy cunt.

Thanks anon.
>>
If god isn't real then who pulls the golden chariot across the sky every day?
>>
>>17057850

the source code of everything
>>
>>17057850
a complex network of energies/emergence ruling life in earth
>>
>>17057850
>What is God to you?

Megan Fox's tits.
>>
>>17060757
they are fake
>>
>>17060758
>implying I care
>>
Madoka!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>17057850
God IS.

When people say that God created the Universe, and are asked "where is he/she?", they answer "He is". This isn't just an Abrahamic deal, many older religions have a God of creation, of the Universe that is all in itself. I personally take it that God was the accumulated mass of all existence self, and creating everything by way of the Big Bang, and constituting all that is. They say (s)he is in all of us, (s)he is around us, everywhere. Created in God's likeness, of his like, of his flesh and blood. This doesn't mean the disintegration of God's grand conscious, or our lack of personal consciousness, but that we are a part of something greater than ourselves. That the Universe is all as it should be solely because it IS.
>>
>>17059560
virtual, not digital

digital implies the laws of this universe are discrete which is false because they are continuous

virtual implies the source is from outside this universe which is most likely the case
>>
File: Succubus_by_Leevitron.jpg (106 KB, 600x995) Image search: [Google]
Succubus_by_Leevitron.jpg
106 KB, 600x995
pic related
>>
God to me is everytime i peak into their eyes and see the spirit of creation.
>>
>>17057850
A penis
>>
Real
>>
>>17057850
I am God, you're God, we are all 'God'.
>>
File: Baobab.jpg (7 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
Baobab.jpg
7 KB, 194x259
God is in the trees.
>>
>>17060167

You're still thinking within the box, friend.
>>
>>17057850
A fairy tail to keep bad people from doing bad things for fear of retribution
>>
>>17058037
I like this one
>>
>>17062198
If you wanna be an asshole at least read the thread
If anything it's a fairly tale to satisfy our questions about creation
>>
The christian deity? A man, nothing more any nothing less, governing simply his chosen people and none else. He created a garden on a planet where land had been claimed, he tried his hand at mortal, physical life and succeeded, modeling his creation from the best designs that had been. And so were born the hebrew men and women.

Deities, as we know those of the upper planes are just as we are, but with influence, albeit subtly and through mediums, over the lower planes. There are many a number of them, but they are many fewer than even our score. As they had made of our Mann to serve, but had not counted for the ideal of thought. And so we were freed, as our minds took shape and chose weather we were to give in or not.

This was the age of man, the beginning of the war of ideas. One that has yet to see an end.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 550x400
>>17057850
An excuse for doing horrible things to other humans
>>
>>17062248
Hey if you don't belive in evolution read a book nigger
>>
>>17060728
Ah, the earths rotation around the sun. Read a book nigger !
>>
File: balaram&yamuna.jpg (98 KB, 455x492) Image search: [Google]
balaram&yamuna.jpg
98 KB, 455x492
>>17057850
Don't you mean "who?" He is the closest friend I'll ever have, and the funniest person I've ever known. He's the first plenary expansion of Krishna. In His impersonal form, He is All-pervasive in the material realm as gravity. He is the great serpent Ananta-Sesa, whose countless heads sing the countless glories of Sri Vishnu - never ending, never repeating. Upon those infinite hooded heads rest the countless material universes, and within each universe Sesa Naga holds the stars, planets, and all other planetary bodies on their tracks.

He is Lakshman, the fiercely loyal yet humble younger brother to Rama-deva, who was so unassuming that he could not answer whether certain jewelry had dropped from the kidnapped Sita as He had never risen his gaze past her feet. He is the one who put the welfare of the citizens of Ayodhya before His own, as he interrupted the privacy of Sita and Rama - though moments before He swore to punish and kill whoever did just that - to warn of coming danger to the city.

He is Nityananda Prabhu, who was so eager to spread the glory of the Maha-mantra, that he cajoled the worst criminals to chant, though they struck Him with clay pots and threatened his life. And when Lord Chaitanya was transfixed by rage, ready to strike the gangsters down with Sudarshan Chakra for their assault on His devotee, it was Lord Nityananda who begged for their lives, reminding Chaitanya that in this age His weapon is sankirtan and the Maha-mantra.

And primarily, my God is Lord Balarama-deva, who was irritated by having to always defer to Rama-deva in Their previous avatars, and so was determined to be the ELDER brother of Krishna. Still as loyal to His brother, Bala-deva was impetuous, and quick to anger, killing Rukmini's brother (His brother-in-law) over insults and a bad chess match. He often acts as a Devil's Advocate for Krishna (He mentored Duryodhana in the mace, the main rival to Arjuna and the Pandavas), yet would never go against Him.
>>
File: 1431148852478.jpg (11 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
1431148852478.jpg
11 KB, 234x215
>>17057850
To me god is synchronicity made self-evident.
And the deity really likes irony.
>>
>>17057850
who is this semen demon
>>
>>17057850

Energy.
>>
A beautiful lie for those who lost hope
>>
God is reality.

Reality is the screen in which the play of infinite forms happens. Reality is both the form and the canvas of form.

So in other words, God is all.

All is God.

There is only God.

You are as much God as is a cigarette butt on the sidewalk.

Use the word "God" as a mantra. Repeat it over and over again with the idea that anything you experience, anything that comes into your awareness is God, until it occurs to you that all is God and there is only God.

Your breath is God. The words you read are God. The thoughts you think are God. The walls around you are God. The air you breathe is God. God God. God God.

God.
>>
File: lao-tzu.jpg (36 KB, 207x300) Image search: [Google]
lao-tzu.jpg
36 KB, 207x300
>>17057870
I think that's more-or-less it, yeah.
>The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao.

It's a combination of things, really. The human tendency to recognize patterns (and other people as conscious beings) leads us to anthropomorphize objects, animals, forces of nature, and even abstract concepts. Thus derive the concept of gods.

God in the singular proper noun has been described as omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. This can only occur if this God is everything (as the Universe is everything and everywhere that exists). Science itself includes many "laws" or observations about clear facts about the way the Universe works, inevitable causes and effects. I think that if anything was "God," it would be those inevitabilities. Gravity, motion, thermodynamics, chemical makeup, perhaps even life itself.
>>
a giant woman with a waist-to-hip ratio that makes you sweat, that will eventually catch up to me, chew me into pulp, swallow me and then stare at herself naked in a full-length mirror
>>
Creation of the universe is spontaneous.

The creator of light is created and after that the source of darkness is created.

In the universe we have two major consciousness:
Creator of Light
Source of Darkness

Each of them creates counltess of souls.
Creator of light create most planet and stars.
Source of darkness corrupts them by creating black holes.

God (Yahweh) from the old testament is just one of many dark souls that can manipulate great ammounts of dark energy, here they were called gods for thousands of years.

God in the new testament is a high evolved light soul that the creator of light asked to be here to guided Jesus and all of us to heal earth (which also have a spirit on it.)

Yahweh technically speaking is also a alien that manifest itself in a non physical way from the astral world (dark spiritual world). He and his angels are all dark souls, not actually evil, but not pure love either.
>>
>>17064514
>not pure love either.
Anyone that thinks themselves to be this is delusional.
>>
The human need to have someone else to blame and ask for things. Nothing but a psychological need. Think about it. People pray when they feel bad about something, but the effect is the same that talking to someone else has, but amplified because of his/its definition.

Btw, this is the thing I belive in. I'm just a human and the concept of an all-mighty creature or whatever is out of our capacity of understanding.
>>
>>17064736
Also the easy explanation ancients had for things that are now common and the things that our understanding is not enough.

Have you seen the fourth dimention? (Fxck, I'm on /x/. Some idiot will say yes... Screw it) Well, imagine you are a bidimentional creature. You can only see in the X and Y axis but cannot percieve an up or down. So imagine a tridimentional creature invades your home. You would only percieve the contact points because for you, there is no up and down. This is the thing why I think humans can have opinions, but none of them are accurate. The concept of a God is over our collective understanding and may or no be a human invention.

I think of Shcrodinger's cat every time I think about this. I haven't seen God but hus concept is so broad that I cannot define it's existance or the lack of it
>>
>>17057850
My corporate overlords
>>
>>17057850
Ronnie James Dio
>>
>>17062198
Wow. This is one of the thoughts I've came through and the fact that other people also think like that makes me think this one is a powerful one.
>>
>>17062768
Nice one
>>
There are two gods, and all they do is play chess with our lives.
>>
You are God. You are the only thing that exists in the universe, the universe itself, all the intervening void, everything beyond the boundaries of the universe, and the perfect emptiness that it all sprang from. This is all a dream, one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively in an infinite variety of ways, and that consciousness is you. Existence is an ongoing process of awakening to who you are, which is the most perfect bliss you could give to yourself. You've actually already reached a point at which your godhood is fully realized and time is no longer a constraint to you; that part of you looks back at you now in the distant past and guides you. That's your higher self. If you're reading this, it's because your higher self decided that you should.

All is within; nothing is without.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY

"Not everything"

[spoiler] do you wish to have a body? [/spoiler]
>>
>>17062817
Haha, precisely this.

I feel that we will exist in many forms, but only one form that we will remember. Any sentient life form that generates memories. So 'salvation' as religion calls it, is being alive.

The 'soul' will be reunited with flesh after 'death'. I don't feel like my life was an accident, or that I was lucky. It seems so silly now when people say that.

Forever me, forever you.
>>
>>17057850
A unifying principle, essence, or mechanism which preceeds, accounts for, and includes my conscious awareness, and therefore sits perpetually outside my comprehension.
>>
>>17064755
Dude he passed the torch. He was too old to rock. No more rocking for him. They took him to a home. But they did sing a song about him and make sure he was very well taken care of.
>>
>>17066624
He dropped the torch.
He is dead.
>>
>>17057873
"He tells me to burn things"
>>
>>17058037
Chaos has order, just like order has chaos.
>>
>>17058489
Study Math and Science.

Everything is a self referential part of the whole. The structure in the tiniest grain of sand is analogous to the laws that hold together your body and even your hopes and dreams. They are literally the exact same thing. When you start seeing the beautiful fractal nature of the universe in every single thing you experience, not just physically or visual but in every possible sense. It then becomes undeniable that everything is following a curious plan and that we are too small to see more than repeating hinted glimpses of it at any moment in time.

Its like having a jig saw puzzle of a billion billion pieces and one day you find the first side piece and realize that the strait edge is the same as another one you saw many years ago.
>>
>>17059347
>>17059375
>>17059459
>>17059494

Ein Sof

Elohim/Anunnaki are not the first they are just the oldest written down.

>>17060167
>If I am God and you are God and I kill you because you don't agree with mean it means you're not omnipotent

not how it works. that wouldn't even be like cutting off Gods toe. It would be like scrubbing dead skin off his elbow.

reality is not still there, you have changed reality, now you are in a timeline where this person is dead. for that person reality is also gone. if you killed yourself, from that perspective your reality would also end, but your consciousness would return to the eternal god, in actuality. Reality is illusory concept made from the emergence of time within space.
>>
>>17057870
The Real Other. le nom de pere
>>
>>17057850
God is recursive confusion brought on by giving an unanswered question too much attention. Just be content with your ignorance and you'll never have to deal with God or gods ever again.
>>
"I am"
"The Alpha & Omega"
"The beginning & end"
"The Present"
"Consciousness"
"Spirit"
"The Source"
"Love"
>>
>>17057850
Everything.
The whole universe and everything that makes it.
Not some guy in the sky.
Who does moracles or tells people how to live.
>>
>>17057850
The Alpha and Omega.
The Trinity.
>>
i wanna see her titties sooooo bad......
>>
A genocidal, judgmental cunt.
>>
God is freedom, God is truth
God is power and God is proof
God is fashion, God is fame
God gives meaning, God gives pain.
>>
>>17072885
you can be right like me with God in the hole you're a righteous soul
>>
>>17057850
The creation, you, me, everything. Everything you see around you. There is no good or bad. Only creation ad destruction. Those who create are close to God. Those who destroy are as close
>>
>>17057850
The Unknown
>>
>>17073315
Is that a known unknown or an unknown unknown?
>>
>>17060190
depends on which god you are talking about. I know of one in particular that is all about threatening torture for eternity if you don't do what he says. He's kind of an ass hole, that one.
>>
>>17060728

Checkmate, atheists!
>>
Sometimes nothing. Sometimes everything. Sometimes a Guide. Sometimes the bringer of my tears. Often the bringer of pain because I'm disobedient. :(

He forgives
>>
>>17072932
compliments for the halo.
>>
>>17057880
yeah except good and evil are manmade constructions. God doesn't even know what that shit is
>>
>>17062143
honestly this though.
>>
>>17057873
your mom ?
>>
>>17058015
"God created man in His own image", someday in the past i had a thoutht.
>What if the truth is what we belive, and the addition of all people thoughts creates what we call reality.

You can explain this by imagining : "What if dragons don't exist, not because they have never existed, but because we stop to beliving in them?"
>>
Everything, the universe is a self aware being macro and micro processing/managing itself in order to come closer to what it wants to be.
I don't know what that is though.
>>
>>17059500
Who translated what citation needed
>>
>>17057850
Non-existent.
>>
I am the King of Gods.
>>
>>17057850
Hyperpenis.
>>
nonexistent
>>
>>17057850
I stared him in the face and found out
>>
File: fedora.jpg (572 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
572 KB, 1001x1001
>>17074808
>>
>>17057850
Thou art God
>>
Seeing my enemies driven before me. Hearing the lamentations of their woman.
>>
>>17057850
Dude who starded everything. Supreme being.
>>
File: Deus Pater.jpg (40 KB, 247x367) Image search: [Google]
Deus Pater.jpg
40 KB, 247x367
>>17059570
>Three-Face Jesus

Oh dog how much I hate this. Just as much as sky-grandpa God.
>>
File: Holy Spirit.jpg (32 KB, 260x386) Image search: [Google]
Holy Spirit.jpg
32 KB, 260x386
>>17074915
>>
>>17074861
Sup Conan?
>>
>>17074937
2015 still looking for the riddle of steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1sLcAQnw
>>
>>17073974
Can confirm.
>>
>>17057850
God is everything.
I believe the creation of our universe isn't by some being in the sky or whatever.
I believe that God is everything, from the workings of micro to macro. We live as God individually, and just like a flower grows out of the ground and blossoms, it is acting as an expression of the universe. Just as we live our lives, we too are like the flower (us), blooming and growing (our ability to think for ourselves and create, and freedom).
It is the force that created everything, and it will be the force that eventually ends everything, but again everything will rise, and then fall.
>>
>>17075474
So... The Force.
>>
>>17075607
Well..uh-
Yeah
>>
File: 091130_0171.jpg (150 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
091130_0171.jpg
150 KB, 1000x667
>>17057850
>>
>>17057850
HES MY BITCH :DD
>>
>>17076652
Hey, no shame in that. Personally I feel connected to the entire universe sometimes. I'm probably vomit if I ever felt a galaxy die. I take my lack of vomiting as evidence that galaxies aren't being destroyed.
>>
>>17057850
i dont know
what i do know is that i have the ability to create
i believe if i keep creating, after this life I will become an immortal god
it is important that we all love and create
>>
>>17057850
The Universe
>>
>>17057850
>Dog backwards
>Dogs have always been good to me
>God is evil
>>
A way for people to abdicate responsibility in a socially acceptable manner.
>>
>>17069901
God is timeless. He is future, past and present.
>>
You need to seek Jesus Christ now before it's too late. Loving God does not want anyone go to hell. Hell is not meant for us. God prepared Hell for angels that sinned. God set the price of sin. the price for sin is damned to hell. Hell is not meant for us.
Satan is not ruler of Hell. Satan's in not hell yet. He's lurking around on Earth right now!
Do not let great dragon, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan deceive you!
>>
File: odin_manual_of_mythology.jpg (1 MB, 1832x1762) Image search: [Google]
odin_manual_of_mythology.jpg
1 MB, 1832x1762
>>17057850
The allfather who wrote the Havamal, who birthed our protector Thor, the wisest of the supreme beings, and friend to all man
>>
nothing, really. though it's a concept that makes it hard to communicate with other people effectively, because bringing up god shuts down a lot of conversations when it's used as an easy answer.
>>
I'll tell you what God isn't: naked Megan Fox turning into a monster
>>
God is the key to your self actualization. The grand creator is just a metaphor, like everything else in the bible, which was people of that time period's attempt at showing people through fantastical stories how to live a compassionate and meaningful life but people took all of the stories literally and fucked the world up.

There is no one god ruling over all of us. You are the creator, destroyer, and sole inhabitant of your own reality. Meaning is man made, so go make it.
>>
I once talked to something that told me that the universe in its entirety, and everything in it is God. That there is no single entity, nothing higher, the universe is a superorganism, a cell and everything in it are the organelles withing that cell. The natural processes of nature, of the universe are god. it's not alive but it's living. There's no conscience that governs anything just the physical laws that limit the universe exist, and they exist purely randomly.

But then again, I did talk to something else that claimed it was God. It felt like I was under the gravitational pull of something like Jupiter. Well whatever it was, it was an asshole and not worth a minute of anyone's time.
>>
>>17074966
Thorgrim is beside himself with grief.
>>
>>17059753

What if god was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us?
Blu blu blu
Blu blu blu
Bla bla bli bli bli
>>
>>17080380

Christianity is a good grounding factor for spirituality for a lot of people but everyone's experience is different and you can't refer to one as a cover for all.
>>
>>17057850
Oh look another one of "these discourses".
God is the Final Reality.
Let us not be irrational, let us utilize our faculties of Reason instead of searching in vain for meaning among the Irrational.

Christianity offers an answer to the deepest questions of Mankind and doesn't diminish Man himself nor the physical and immaterial.
The answers and the connections and conclusions are coherent, intelligible, and Truthful.
We have good and sufficient reason to place our revelations in this dimension.

The Occult is irrational and answers nothing but you seek meaning so you try.
Eastern philosophy and paganism rejects reason as well.
Atheism shuts itself down before it begins.
Judeo-Christianity is Truth and Actuality.
>>
>>17057850
A big jerk, that's what.
>>
>>17057850
The ideal of undivided love that we know exist but struggle to make exist.

Justice, fraternity, compassion, whatever
>>
>>17059379
Nobody callin' on the phone
'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome
>>
Just a concept.. In an ocean of concepts.
>>
>>17060780
>That the Universe is all as it should be solely because it IS.

I like that
>>
I'm a pantheist, I believe literally everything in this universe is god.
>>
God is the greatest evil, every religion shows this.
>>
>>17083304
Come on now, be charitable here.

He's the biggest two-faced sadist.
>>
>>17057850
god
>>
An idiom that lost its way.
>>
File: _20151115_213932.jpg (129 KB, 1016x1028) Image search: [Google]
_20151115_213932.jpg
129 KB, 1016x1028
>>17057850
Just another construct.

People just want an excuse for their own guilt, so they do a BS repent and get access to magical skyland.

Whatever helps the self righteous sleep at night i suppose.
>>
>>17083304
lol man, Religion is nothing. You can reach the truth God without religion. Just pagan gods need religion i think.
>>
>>17083290
Oranges?
>>
I recommend read this book
http://hermetic.com/achad/pdf/anatomy.pdf
>>
>>17057850
A memento from when we tried to explain what we couldn't.
>>
File: god.jpg (64 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
64 KB, 720x480
>>17057850
>>
Honestly a dick head and a smart asshole if he truly exists. I can tell already that if he exists, he has abandoned us as he's tried to help humanity plenty of times. I don't blame him. I too would get tired. Especially with the way humans interact today and with what society does to each other. #fuckparis

The same people who say #noracism and then turn around to say "fuck white people, #blacklivesmatter"

I don't blame God one bit. This isn't even scratching the surface of human idiocy
>>
God is the Self ( Ātma ) - the Self is pure Consciousness ( caitanya ) of which the world is merely a projection of / from / on
>>
The One True Lord of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
>>
The "answer" of whatever we can't explain
>>
False/fake/failed. As in I don't believe in god, but if he is real, he sure isn't doing a good job of fixing the world or making me want to subscribe to him
>Inb4 ERMAGHERD EDGY
>>
I find the belief in god silly at best. Is there more out there? Sure there is just look at how much of space we've discovered, and that's almost nothing.

Do people really think they were put on this earth to wash dishes and have kids? I find it funny the people with the most minuscule lives are the ones who hold on to god's plan for them.
>>
>>17088379
I find it funny you can't into the possibility of a higher reality we cannot directly perceive.
>>
>>17088392
I actually can. Just the whole creator/master thing I don't buy.
>>
I'm God.
>>
>>17088401
Seems like something stan would say.
>>
>>17088302
Right when Smith jumped the shark. Nice.
>>
>>>/his/
>>
Myself.
>>
>>17088405
DAMN IT LORDE GET OUT OF THE THREAD
>>
We are all god.
>>
>>17057866
that one
>>17057870
that one
>>17057873
not that one, shamefully, thats your spirit, not the spirit
>>17057880
definitely that one, as everything else is as well.
>>17057885
also yes
>>17058000
indeed
>>17058015
:3
>>17058037
close, but except its will is your will, because it is definitely >>17057880, meaning it, from outside space-time, allows itself to transfer into all will and consciousness, becoming the base of the change of mentality that allows free will to exist.
>>17058052
eh, i think i turned that one down.
>>17058489
smoke more weed.
god is himself, his will, the nothingness, outside and inside all things, given energy in places along itself to condense into matter and such
as well as he is that, he is us, our view, and our connection; our ability to share our viewpoints.
as well as those, he is the good itself: the beautiful, the delicious, the enjoyable in any way.
>>17058560
string theory answer to that is another universe that we collided with and drained energy from/got energy through friction.
>>17058706
so whats it feel like not to think.
>you either dont think, or you still have an ego.
and as you speak, you clearly think.
so you must have an ego.
you confound me.
>>17059347
we are the rising titans, to begone with the old gods.
>>17059459
>and then we invented language.
is that it? does language allow free will?
>>17059500
yeah, that fits in with an earlier understanding i had during my journey, where the subconcious, reactional/perfect mind was something we had originally and then thought was allowed by tampering from outsiders.
fruit of knowledge etc.etc.
>>17059560
wrong, we get to have all of them, as much of a clusterfuck as that is.
>>17060192
not mine :^]
being world hunter as your baseline urge to improve yourself gets you great things.
you better not be talking about who i think you are either.
>>17060464
this is nothingness, as it is conscious.
nothingness is my favorite because it does not have a voice, and yet answers.
>>
>>17060744
>>17060753
this is will, not the source of such.
>>17062198
more like karma, which is also real, but completely ignorable.
>>17062284
>implying we dont influence the higher realms just as much/even more so.
>>17062328
this is beautiful.
>>17062355
this thing here.
>>17062768
edgy
>>17062817
i still dont get why you guys like calling the infinite nothingness "god"
>>17064664
i'm pure love ;_;
>>17071587
dont beat yourself up tomoko.
>>17078875
this.
>>17083078
oh come now dont say that
>>
NOTHING WE the HUMANS created good because we need something or In what to believe whe we need It when we sick or when someone closer to us die good doesn't exist
>>
God is a crutch. I get the human need for it and have accepted that it's just part of life as a human. God is an easy way to look up at the stars and wonder whats out there. God is an easy way to tell your kid that yes one day they will die but it's okay because no one really dies, they just shed the mortal coil and move onto something else.
>>
>>17088934
>humans created good
>good doesnt exist.
pick one.
if we created it, then it exists even more than if god had done so.
>>17088942
what does
"its okay jimmy, hes in anime now."
not work for you?
>>
Dah
We created BUT he doesn't exist it's the same because , at the end it's just when we need it when we believe and when we remember of him because someone says its good and can do miracles , and when we don't need it anymore we forget it so that's why we created but he doesn't exist in a fiscal way
>>
>>17057870
This.

Attempts to explain in words or otherwise anthropomorphise God are bad news.
>>
>>17089112
thats why i stick with nothingness
:^]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQYPmtK03c0
>>
>>17088951
>pick one.
They're not mutually exclusive.
God isn't real, he's a story people made up to explain things they couldn't.
>>
>>17089268
>couldn't
more like didnt care to.
i can come up with a thousand different explanations for where the universe came from. and My god is real, thank you very much. the nothingness that permeates existance is immutable, unchanging, and indefatigable.

and for anyone who wants the other descriptions of what people think god is:
the universe is either:
the physical space that we inhabit
OR
our personal description of it, that which we can hear and smell and see etc, that which we know and that which we remember.
(>you will never be able to prove that your universe is the same as my universe, either one.)
the omniverse is either:
all physical spaces, continuous(i guess this would still be universe) or seperate, when viewed in totality
OR
all descriptions of every viewpoint, combined and shared, and the connection that allows us to share these descriptions, and know that they are coming from a viewpoint separate from our own
(>regardless of what you believe, the omniverse is the same)
universe is guaranteed (both) , omniverse is not, but is extant anyway.
>there are actually people who feel the need to complicate this further.
>>
>>17057880
Socrates is better
>>
>>17089313
>>17089204
>>17088951
>>17088919
>>17088855
i should mention that i might actually literally be lucifer, and you should take that consideration into considering whatever amount of consideration you consider that worth considering.
might be the other guy too.
like 50/50 chance.
also buddha.
and the zoroastrian one, shouyshyant or whatever.(this one maybe actually?)
>>
>>17057850
Personally, I think god is the need for a spiritual connection. God is the feeling that drives people to pray or read scripture or whatever. When you try to please god, you're actually appeasing your own need to feel connected to the world somehow.
>>
>>17057850
whoever enforces the laws of conservation of mass and energy
>>
File: sniperjesus_2afe-HA.jpg (13 KB, 450x578) Image search: [Google]
sniperjesus_2afe-HA.jpg
13 KB, 450x578
>>17088855
>>17088919
You know, I used to see your occasional commentaries on other people's posts and think it was a jerk move, but having gotten your feedback on my forgotten little trivial comment I can now see the contribution.
Thanks, I guesss.

(P.S. - God is whatever televangelists say he is in their feverish rants.)
>>
File: 1441925337241.png (117 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1441925337241.png
117 KB, 500x372
A higher power. In control of all of us, but lets us live our lifes without interfering unless needed to be. It can tell you information in your dreams if you ask it in the right words. Im still learning about this higher power, but to end it i believe this higher power is tied into all religions in some way.
>>
>>17089705
>>17089752
these two.
>>17089835
thank you, i only want to help people find their own way, while supplying some feedback to help support/guide to the great omniview.
we're all in this together, even if I'm the only one who acts like it.
>people actually think the way to find god is to ignore other peoples views.
pic related.

>>17089963
welcome to the world of having a slightly different description for what every wiseman has said since the beginning of time.
now what does that mean for YOU.
>>
>>17061285
this guy gets it
>>
Something that hopefully either dead or non-existent.
>>
File: 1414375055421.png (216 KB, 640x715) Image search: [Google]
1414375055421.png
216 KB, 640x715
>>17090247
guess im every wise man into one. (;
>>
A simple concept people use to try and understand and rationalize what they otherwise couldn't.
>>
File: 1442801800355.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442801800355.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
The universe.
The universe is God and it created you and me.
Loving God means loving yourself and everything around you as we are all part of the same universe.
The universe exists without bias.
It is both evil and good.
The universe is in all of us, therefore, we are all God. Or at least a little bit of it.
>>
Unconditionable Love. That voice that, no matter how much you fail, says "It's ok. Try again". That warm feeling that comes in waves of warm energy when you're crying and puts a smile in your face and makes you feel warm before you notice. It's an overwhelming warmth that comes out of nowhere and makes you drop a few tears while smiling for no reason and without thinking of anything it particular.
>>
>>17092053
b-but what if I don't want to try again?
>>
>>17092060
You want, don't be a contrarian bitch. You know that, deep down, you want to keep swinging at Life until you find something that makes you happy.
>>
>>17092068
but I don't.. Don't tell me what I want.
>>
>>17092073
Then why don't you stop responding, then? Why don't you just turn off your electricity and stay in your dark little hole until death claims you, then?
>>
>>17092088
too painful.
>>
>>17092095

Exactly. So stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>17092115
kill me, cunt.
>>
>>17092117

You're the cunt, you pathetic little wanker. Stop taking the easy road and man up. God helps those who help themselves, not whiny cunts who wallow in self-pity.

>but I don't want to be helped
Shut it, cunt. You don't know what you're saying.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (23 KB, 369x368) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
23 KB, 369x368
>>17092130
>telling me to kill myself is helping me.
>calling me names is helping me.

You delusional, delusional bastard.
>>
>>17092135
You're the one who is all for killing yourself, cunt, not me.

I'm not calling you names, I'm calling you what you are. You're low tier trash because you made yourself low tier trash and claim not to want to become better. At this point, it's just a fact. Like a fat guy getting all pissy because others call him fat. He made himself fat, he IS fat, so why is he feeling hurt when others point out the consequences of his own actions?
>>
>>17092154
HUUUUUURRRRRRRR
>>
>>17092154

Holy shit, check out this sad fat neck-beard getting angry at himself. This isn't even about the other neck-beard anymore, you just nuts nigga
>>
>>17092179
Actually, no. I have my life of track and it amuses me reading what you >tfwnogf/NEETs/friendzoned/other rejects write. You're prime specimens for people who threw themselves into the shit and complain that you're there, instead of manning up.
>>
>>17057850
Everything, Nothing, both at the same time, and yet also neither one nor the other, and only is itself.
>>
>>17092289

lol
>>
File: 4L_5iQ5xu61.jpg (194 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4L_5iQ5xu61.jpg
194 KB, 1280x720
God is all and god is one
>>
File: 1406794756-2330422864_n.jpg (29 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1406794756-2330422864_n.jpg
29 KB, 600x337
>>17092068
but what if what makes you happy is swinging at life?
>>17092187
>mfw you need to make fun of people you see as lesser than yourself in order to feel higher than them.
im just going to say right off the bat that you seem like a guy who knows exactly what hes doing, and doesnt care.
you dont care that what youre doing is mean, and thats wonderful.
sometimes people need a kick in the side, but this isnt even that.
you arent offering advice, you arent sharing your actual opinion on what the beneficial path would be
(meditation for personal pleasure with exercise, and positive mentality boosting.)
you are right about people sitting and complaining about where they are rather than trying to actually become better, that is something that needs to change.
but this isnt the way to do it.
you're just going to make them complain about how someone is making fun of the shit they fell into.
>>
>>17057850
An imaginary friend for stupid people.
>>
>>
Freud may have had mommy issues, but he was on to something with his super ego, ego, id theory.

I've had experiences whilst tripping on shrooms involving direct communication with my higher and lower self.

People hear voices in their head and assume its god, or satan, or angels or monsters or what-fucking-have-you.

It never occurs to them that the voices belong to them, even though they might sound a bit different.

God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Super ego (tells us right from wrong), Ego (the part of our personality that we actively think and make decisions with), and Id (our animal instincts)

You see that law of three reflected in all of nature:

Solid, Liquid, Gas

the moral pillar (solid and unquestionable), the present mind (changing shape to fit whatever 'container' it is placed into), the animal instincts and urges (coming and going as rapidly and formlessly as the wind. unbound by societal law and truly free)

Positive (proton), neutral (neutron), negative (electron)

Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic

Basically God is a shirking of personal responsibility.
We are all luminous beings of thought and we directly influence each other. It's in our best interest not to be huge dicks.

Just don't be an asshole to other people and be honest with yourself.
>>
>>17094960
I think you're a filthy hippie
>>
File: 1399427860738.gif (789 KB, 444x272) Image search: [Google]
1399427860738.gif
789 KB, 444x272
>>17094975
I'm actually a well groomed hippie, thanks very much.

I don't go through an agonizingly repetitive morning ritual to be accused of being filthy.

YOU'RE THE FILTHY ONE, ANON.

so.... so filthy....
such a dirty dirty anon you are...

oh my..
>>
>>17080496
Like.
>>
File: Anonymus.jpg (355 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Anonymus.jpg
355 KB, 1024x768
R3fl3ctoR here.

In some cliché way. But...
We are all God.
We are all One.
We are All. Yo.
>>
In all seriousness, I have a friend that's dying and that same religious devotion I had scoffed at for my whole life is going to be an enormous comfort to her in her last moments, which would otherwise be a terrifying thing to face.
There really is a practical application to a belief in a religion.
>>
File: Névtelen.png (647 KB, 888x448) Image search: [Google]
Névtelen.png
647 KB, 888x448
>>17094610
Who is this some skizo weirdo?
Ooh.. no.. he the real hero.. yo..
He is the Gondozó!
He is the Hódító!
He is nothing else MOST.. but Felszabadító!
>>
a dog
>>
God is non existent to me since I dont believe in anything. Kek
>>
A higher being thats responsible for life on earth.
>>
>>17095071
False comfort might be worth it for some, but it's still just an illusion. Unless she's totally faithful, she will die in utter terror when the time comes.
I do not mean this as cruelty.
>>
>>17095173
Die in a vat of steaming Hanz shit.
>>
>>17057850
A cheating Womans lie, gone way, way too far.
>>
>>17058465
including AIDS, Cancer, Ebola, Malaria Etc...
>>
>>17095380
#rekt
>>
>>17092302
?
>>
To me god is a woman, much like a mother Earth figure and all women are extensions of her.
>>
>>17095663
Divine beings are not closed in our gender stereotypes, they're emanations of their masculine/feminine energies

Even Abrahamic God (excluding Islam) has the feminine side.
And angels themselves are genderless.
>>
God created humans. Most of us are now destroying the planet, and we all have sinned at least a bit in our lifes. That being said, i believe creating humans was a mistake. If God is perfect, he wouldn't make mistakes. Therefore i believe that He might have existed, but "died" after the humans were created.
>>
>>17061066
noow i would totally be with her
>>
>>17057850
An incomprehensible nothing- the bulding block of which matter,consciousness, and all things are composed.

Alternatively, a bunch of ancient nordics with magic powers who made stuff a long time ago
>>
File: fish-tongue.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fish-tongue.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>17057850
A weapon of mass destruction.

God is an idea, a thought in one's head, and when it parasitizes its host it compels them to believe that it is not just a part of reality, but the ultimate of it. The God parasite demands one devote their entire existence to feeding it.
>>
>>17057850
something not real

there is far too much suffering in this world for any sort of god to actually exist
>>
>>17057850
The self
>>
>>17073720
which god is that?
>>
God is LOVE. God is Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior.
The ONLY way to eternal life is to confess with your mouth and believe with your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord, then you shall be saved. The word of God clearly says in John 1:17 "for the law was given through moses but GRACE AND TRUTH through JESUS Christ. Dont you understand that the ten commandments were there as a mirror for man to see that no matter what good deed we do- we're still sinners and need to come to an end to ones self. Jesus fullfilled the law on our behalf and all you need to do it believe that Jesus did die for your sins, he rose and you better believe he's coming back.

Read the book of revelations Jesus is coming and will righteously judge ALL according to whose names are on the book of life. And remember what the SON of God said, "I have told you these things so that in me you may find peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart I have overcome the World." John 16:33
This world will either be the closest to hell you'll ever experience or the closest thing to heaven youll EVER get to experience. The gift of eternal life is free and the glory and victory belong to Jesus Christ, King of kingsand Lord of lords. Its never to late receive Jesus Christ as savior and to inherit the kingdom of Heaven.
>>
>>17095787

You so edgy neckbeard
>>
>>17057850
Something people used to explain the world in the past which has gotten really out of hand.
>>
annuaki created us there for they are god but really just advanced scientists with an ego complex
>>
>I used to blame god for everything.
>He is omnipotent after all.
>Then I find out I am god.
>FUCK.
>Responsibility sucks.
>I want to go back to college.
>>
>>17096069
Yeah satan created us baka maybe you but I'm a child of the Lord
>>
>>17057850
money making machine
>>
>>17095173
>she will die in utter terror

You know that some people actually die peacefully, don't you? And not all of them are religious.

Of course you don't know that. You're one of those cocksure retards that thinks their opinions are the Objective Absolute Truth.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.