[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive become nocturnal. I fall asleep at 6am and wake up at 6pm.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: img.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
img.png
1 MB, 1280x800
Ive become nocturnal. I fall asleep at 6am and wake up at 6pm. It gets dark around 4pm too. how would you fix youre sleep schedule
>>
I don't know, I wake up at 1am our 3am every day with nothing to do. I don't care enough to do anything. But I can't sleep.
>>
I'll bite OP.

If you drink: stop drinking. In a few days it will correct itself.

If you don't drink: start drinking so you can blackout at the time you would like to fall asleep. After you have fixed your sleep cycle, stop drinking.
>>
>>17054070
That sounds like the opposite of a problem
>>
Stay up for 24 hours. Then fall asleep around 8/9pm. You'll be able to sleep 12 hours straight and wake up around 9 or 10am. Boom. Fixed
>>
>>17054078
This also works, just need to have some caffeine if you feel tired early on.
>>
>>17054059
Schedule your day and try as hard as you can to stick to it.
That being said, if your sleep schedule is NATURALLY nocturnal you'll still struggle.
If you're just a morningfag who fucked up his sleep through bad schedules, then you'll have no issues fixing it.
>>
>>17054059
I'm the same OP. When I'm not working I naturally fall into a pattern of going to bed at sunrise and waking up late afternoon.

My trick is fasting. If you don't eat for a good 12 hours and then eat at the time you want your day to start then your circadian rhythm should set itself around that 'breakfast' time.
>>
>>17054078
This is the best answer, the other one requires like 5 days where u will be moving the hours you go to sleep and wake up forward.

Ex day 1. 6 am 6 pm
Day 2 - 8 am 8 pm
Day 3 10 am 10 pm
And so on until you wake up at the desired hour. The post i quoted is better but its a pain in the ass and youll feel like dying while staying awake those last hours.

Im the same right now, sleep 9 am wake at 6 pm. Problem is I have to be awake at 1 30 on tuewday and i dont know how i will manage.
>>
Not paranormal
>>
>>17054059
Assuming you're in North America, move to China. You'll be golden.
>>
>>17054280
Basically this. I worked evening shifts (2-3pm to 10pm or so,) until I got on third shift. I ended up getting a new job, switching to evenings again, and then more into days. It's gradual, give yourself some time.

That being said, it's better t be awake til six am, that's when it's safe
>>
>>17055283
Sure it is. im scared to be asleep in my house at night. i go to bed more easily once the suns up. i hear wierd stuff when i try to fall asleep around 10pm-12
>>
Spend a few days out camping. It will reset your internal clock.
>>
>>17054059
Full reset.
As long as you can manage a no sleep.
Be sleepless until the second or third night. Do not use caffeine, drugs, electronic stimulation(TV, cell phone, computer, projectors, gameboys, other handheld devices or electronics that emit light).
This will seriously fuck up your biological clock, but it'll reset it. The trick is to go to bed at nightfall.
>>
go buy a six dollar bottle of melatonin and take it 15 minutes before you go to bed. this is what people with jet lag take to correct their sleep cycle.

since your cycle is so fucked i'd start by reducing your bedtime by 2 hour increments. go to bed at 4 am tomorrow. then 2am. then 12, etc..

take the melatonin for about a week. it will train your body to get tired at the appropriate time.
>>
>>17054059
Me too OP. Been that way for years. I just took classes that were at night or late in the afternoon, and same with jobs

But I actually enjoy being awake when its dark. If you don't, its not exactly impossible to change.
Especially if this is a new thing for you..
>>
>>17054059
Force yourself to stay up until desired to-bed time.
Sleep for desired amount.
Repeat for a couple of days.

If you stick to it without cheating (like naps) then it'll be a fairly quick process that only takes a few days.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.