[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some background on me. I'm a very skeptical person. I d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Crazyshitmane.jpg (469 KB, 1389x833) Image search: [Google]
Crazyshitmane.jpg
469 KB, 1389x833
Some background on me. I'm a very skeptical person. I don't really believe in anything interesting since my experience of the world has been very uninteresting so far. I'm usually right. The only paranormal experience I've had is sleep paralysis. I woke up and was unable to move. I saw a dark figure standing in the corner.

Now how do I get into occultism, magic and the like. People here seem to legitimately believe it's real and I've always been fascinated with the concept of it from a secular perspective.

What books should I read and how will I most quickly be able to demonstrate to myself that it is real beyond a reasonable doubt?

I've seen this https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!1dxjCK4Z but the choices are far too wide and I don't want to spend hours upon hours of reading this stuff.
>>
File: bequiethomo.png (52 KB, 662x428) Image search: [Google]
bequiethomo.png
52 KB, 662x428
>>17045615
is it possible to summon something that I can hear or see without the aid of drugs?
>>
>>17045615
I'll tell you what I've seen myself. Most of the people who are true believers in anything (alien UFOs, ghosts, psychic phenomena, dimensional shifts, occult magic) seem to either have had a personal experience that prompted their belief or do a lot of mental gymnastics to justify their beliefs because they REALLY want it to be true. If you are coming at this as a true skeptic and you don't already have a reason to believe then it's not likely that anything will convince you.

I was a skeptic but not enough that I didn't want to check it out for myself and every experiment I did (which was like entry-level occult/parnormal stuff) convinced me that it was all not real because I saw no results but there were tons of people who insisted this stuff worked. So it's either that it's not real, or it is real but you have to believe 100% for it to work. So yeah, that's what I've gotten for my efforts and you may find it relevant to your experience. Sorry I can't point you in a direction of something that is real because I never found anything that seemed like it was.
>>
>>17045684
Have you considered that you didn't do them correctly?
>>
>>17045615
In order to do anything worthy you have to look at things from a specific perspective. Thats what the books are for - they slowly shift your perception so that you dont go crazy and end up in an asylum or kill yourself. Its very hard so its up to you to decide if you want to do it or not.

>>17045670
Yes.
>>
>>17045785
If I killed myself or get locked in an asylum I'd consider that a win.

What exactly do I have to do? Also if such things are possible and demonstrable why does nobody believe in it?
>>
>>17045715
>Have you considered that you didn't do them correctly?
I did them correctly. I did what other people said worked for them. It didn't work for me.
>>
>>17045897
what specifically did you do and where exactly did you learn it from?
>>
>>17045830
You said
>People here seem to legitimately believe it's real
Nowadays most of the people are too busy throwing their lives away to believe. In the past everyone believed the village witch.
To sum up, most of the books teach you how to do certain things which actually everyone can do but its hard because most people have never done them in their lives. Imagine learning to walk at the age of 20. It results in changing how you experience the world, if you succeed to do it of course.
>>
>>17045976
Alright then what books should I read and what things should I do?
>>
>>17045997
really? Nothing? Nobody has any advice?
>>
>>17045997
>>17046089
The board is slow so I am not used to responding so fast, sry.
Try this http://bluefluke.deviantart.com/gallery/52627976/THE-PSYCHONAUT-FIELD-MANUAL
Since you didnt give me any directions (black/yellow/white magick, wicca, chaos magick etc. I will give you this manual for discordianism. Good luck and make further questions as specific as possible please.
>>
>>17045615
My mom believe in fairies. She says unless you K kw for a fact, 100% sure they exist, you won't see them. Same with religion freaks. They see Aug s because they believe in the, can't find what you're not looking for.
>>
>>17046132
I don't know enough to ask for any specifics. All I want is to summon some kind of sprit like a demon or an angel or something of the like. Whatever lets me do that is what I want.
>>
>>17046257
problems with your keyboard there?
>>
you should read everything by robert anton wilson and joseph campbell
>>
>>17046276
Ok. When you go to bed tonight, lie on your back and start relaxing. Muscle by muscle. Limb by limb. Dont fall asleep. When you finish relaxing check if you can move anything. If you dont move, you did it right. Now start repeating in your mind something along the lines of "Oh great Lilith, please send me one of your daughters." Say that in your own words, any language works. I suppose you wont feel the presence so try to keep your attention on your lips. If you feel a slight push/touch it means you did it right. Feel free to fall asleep now and try to remember your dreams at the morning.
P.S: Make the room as dark as possible, draw the curtains, close the door etc.
>>
>>17046337
So I'm supposed to try and be able to move but I will be unable to? That's impossible. You can induce paralysis by relaxing.
>>
>>17046342
*can't
>>
>>17046342
You will meet very heavy resistance. Its like you are nailed down to the bed. I have slept like this since I was a kid and I dont get sleep paralysis this way, I get it when I sleep on my stomach :D
Thats why its different for everyone and you have to find your own way :/
>>
>>17045615

>The only paranormal experience I've had is sleep paralysis

Why the ever-loving shit do people keep acting like this is some mysterious, paranormal thing.
>>
>>17046132
>yellow
What is that?
>>
>>17046478
I don't really but it is frightening and I know I was conscious and not dreaming which is usually the explanation. Plus there was definitely a thing there.

>>17046482
It's a color. Kinda like a lighter version of red.
>>
>>17046342
It is possible, why do you talk like you know everything? You said in your OP post "I'm usually right." Are you? I don't think you understand what you're asking, or what you're getting into.
>>
>>17046486
That reply wasn't to you, I meant what is yellow magic. Use context clues pls
>>
>>17046489
I know use humor pls
>>
>>17045615
Why not ask in the thread dedicated to exactly this topic?
>>17040652
>>
>>17046539
Because I didn't see it.
>>
File: u1cxQ.jpg (251 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
u1cxQ.jpg
251 KB, 1280x960
>>17046132
That was utterly incomprehensible.
>>
>>17045615
>I'm a very skeptical person
Sucks for you.
>>
>>17045615

sauce on image
>>
>>17046639
No idea
>>
File: 1235px-US_flag(inverted).png (42 KB, 1235x650) Image search: [Google]
1235px-US_flag(inverted).png
42 KB, 1235x650
>>17045615
A most obvious phenomenon is the afterimage effect (you look a long time to an image with flashy colors), there are many photo-chemical and a few neurological explanations for it but all of them fail to an extend.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140803152239-65543695-can-afterimage-phenomena-be-explained-only-by-photochemical-and-retinal-processes-a-review

This is because this phenomena occurs in our etheric body, while biochemists and biologists try to find a purely physical explanation. Note that I would not be surprised if they find one in a few years or decades, since our bodies (physical or etheric) are connected, a spiritual phenomena occurs at the same time as a physical one, by sympathy with each other.

The term "etheric body" was used by the theosophists. You might hear of soul, mind, subtle body, spirit, etc... There are many terms which are used to describe it, therefore if you read a book on the subject, you have to understand the terminology used by its author, and also the metaphysical model (s)he uses.

What I call metaphysical model is a theory on how the world is structured. For example, in Kabbalah, the world is subdivided into four sub-world: Atziluth, Beriah, Yetzirah, Assiah. An other example, in his Three Books of Occult Philosophy, Agrippa sub-divides the world into three sub-worlds, the divine, the celestial and the natural.

Unfortunately, some authors mess-up these models, and end up with new models (which is kind of looking for the needle on an alcohol thermometer), obviously, those models are far more difficult to understand, but they are still common. For example, the Golden Dawn is known for its long lists of correspondences, because they tried to make a one-to-one mapping of all other models to the lurianic tree of life. Theosophists, that I mentioned before, have also made a clunky model.
>>
>>17046711
If experimenting afterimage effects do not feel spiritual enough, an other nice experience is meditation. Even if you are a total atheist skeptic the effect it produces can not be denied. (Remember my second paragraph. I wrote that it would not surprise me that a scientist might find a spiritual phenomena occurring at the same time as a physical one. This is the case here, researchers found meditation had measurable physical effects on the organism.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16086532

If you want to look deeper into this subject, I suggest to begin with Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy and Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching for theory, and to practice with meditation and an oriental method of cultivation, like Qigong (there are plenty of books on the subject). Knowing how to make a divination is also much useful, so you might also want learn something like Tarot or I Ching.

This already quite much, but with that, you may familiarise with at least two metaphysical models, and can compare where they are similar and where they differ. None of them is absolutely correct, none of them is absolutely wrong.
>>
>>17045615
Former skeptic here. You'll be amazed to discover that those so-called figments of your subconscious come from outside your subconscious. They are sentient beings, simple but smart. They invade your dreams and in really fucked up times they can be seen or heard by more than one person. That was my "ok, maybe science is being a bit reductionist here" moment. When you practice a bit with the occult you will be pretty sure they're real.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.