[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/. You know how everyone always debates about where exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ironisle.jpg (3 MB, 1430x2000) Image search: [Google]
ironisle.jpg
3 MB, 1430x2000
Hey /x/.

You know how everyone always debates about where exactly New Zealand is located near Australia?

Well I'm going through the same thing, except this time its the Iron Islands and Westeros. I've read the books and watches the shows, and I'm certain the maps always showed the Iron Islands MUCH farther north, nowhere near the Twins.

Anyone else remember it like this too?

Pic is related.
>>
Fuck off Holdor.
>>
Well just fuck me sideways OP, I was having issues with Japan, Australia, NZ and the Panama Canal, and kinda shrug it off since I'm not an expert in geography, tho it still bugs me.

But no. I can't be wrong in this. I fucking love ASOIAF. They weren't that far south, it doesn't even make sense, why would the Ironmen have such issues with the Northmen if they're next to the fucking Riverlands and the Westerlands??

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
>>
>>17040892
There's no way the Iron Islands would be DOWN The Neck, just no fucking way, I'm googling the maps and all of them are the same. This is fucking me up more than our actual geography. I'm fucking unsettled.
>>
File: hodor.jpg (49 KB, 930x523) Image search: [Google]
hodor.jpg
49 KB, 930x523
>>17040838
hodor
>>
The iron islands are where its placed on the map. The rivers near the coast go to harrenhall, the fortress the ironmen built, and to moat cailin, which they took when the war began. Those locations are all near the neck, and the iron isles.
>>
>>17041014
I just don't remember it that way anon, not at all. And I don't remember neither Cape Kraken nor Flint's Finger being a thing.
>>
>>17041039
A lot of these locations are passing references in the book. The riverlands are the primary target of the ancient ironborn, which is discussed in book 2 I believe, because its closest to the iron isles. That's why it being there made sense to me off the bat.
>>
I think the confusion might be because of the way the maps are shown in the books. The north and the south are separated into 2 maps, and in the southern map, the Iron Islands are indeed in the "north west".

You probably just got that "north west" mixed up with the northern map, which doesn't have anything there.
>>
>>17041071
>>17041084
That could be it...
I still feel kinda unsettled tho, I could have sworn they were close to Bear Island.
>>
>>17041102
Not that north, but I could swear it was around blazewater bay...
>>
>>17040814
>everyone always debates about where exactly New Zealand is located near Australia?
>>17040892
>Japan, Australia, NZ and the Panama Canal,

wat
>>
>>17041174
I could really have sworn it was part of the North. I could have sworn every map I had seen before was this way, and the weird thing is the last time I saw the maps was before September.

>>17041182
You haven't seen the Mandela Effect threads? It says our realities are morphing because of a CERN experiment and some people seem to remember things completely differently than before some months.
I remember Japan being next to China, not Russia, and South from the Koreas, not West. I remember New Zealand being way closer to Australia, and Australia being further away from Indonesia. And the Panama Canal running West to East, not North to South.
>>
>>17041241
Sounds like you're remembering different map projections and globes with built-in tilts. I haven't seen any of these threads but geography's one of my things, although yes remembering when I was young I thought Japan was due east of mainland china.
>>
>>17041280
Yeah I kinda shrug it off because no flat map is completely accurate but New Zealand man, it wasn't there, I'm sure. Neither the Iron fucking Islands.

If this was a ruse I'd probably know, but it all seems off. Weird to describe.

It's also on a lot of pop culture stuff, insignificant, but it's driving people nuts. The only one that truly upsets me it's the Volvo logo, it didn't have that stupid arrow before, it was completely round.
>>
movie trivia: The statue of liberty is ca-put. Well that's disconcerting.

new zeland can go to the moon if it wants to move around.
>>
http://worldmapswithout.nz/

you don't know where NZ is coz most people forget it even exists except for hobbits and lorde
>>
It seems like every few days someone else notices something wrong or missing in the world. In my opinion it has to be something more than just mistakes in memory.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.