[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: Are Abrahamic religions the source of evil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16
Serious question: Are Abrahamic religions the source of evil of this world?

Just think about it
>>
>>17039227
Nope
>>
Not really. They are just used by people of a different religion to do evil.
>>
Serious answer, no. The source of most evil can be traced to the overly materialistic mindset of people who have lost sight of the truest meanings for life.
>>
>>17039227
The fact that the world has turned so upside down that people consider Abrahamic religions "evil" rather than others, shows how corrupted it is.
>>
>>17039228
>>17039230
>>17039248
>>17039251
I'm curious to know why you people don't consider them evil
>>
>>17039261
I'm curious to know why YOU consider them evil. Surely, there are major differences between the three, so explain at least one.
>>
File: christians-in-pakistan-prayers.jpg (480 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
christians-in-pakistan-prayers.jpg
480 KB, 2560x1600
>>17039261
Because the only teaching in all religion is restoring our eternal relationship to God as One.

Real religion is non-violence, not killing in the name of religion.

All religion essentially has a "Come to Jesus" moment or a "God is with us (immanuel)" moment.
>>
>>17039261
Because religion is just a pile concepts. And all religions have good and bad concepts within them.

Why?
Because people.
>>
>>17039269
Just to begin with how much people have died (and still die) for all this religions is amusing. I mean, how does these religion start on some desert and basically extended around the entire world? The amount of power that the abrahamic religions share is really fucking big
>>
>>17039278
Because Rome just so happened to have an emperor who converted, then made it the only legal religion.
Most of the known world at that time, was then told they had to be Christian. And as bad as the world was at that point, many were willing.
>>
Not all of it, but a hell of a lot. Most of them "some jews excluded" have no Idea where their god even came from or the "demons" in the bible originate from. I have no problem with most Jews, I don't have problem with most Muslims, It's the damn Christians that are the most corrupt and idiotic. That being said, they cause (and have caused) a lot more damage to this world than good.
>>
>>17039278

They die, but not for the religion, as it is not written, but they die because they think they do it for the religion.
>>
>>17039282
Yeah but the same Roman were killing them not so long after adopting that religion. Also I'm still curios as how the new abrahamic religions were put above ancient or proto religion around the world.
>>17039285
Well the Qur'an says that you have to kill any person who decides lo leave Islam. Also I think the old testament is pretty brutal
>>
i say no
>>
File: Allah_shutterstock.jpg (2 MB, 2077x2077) Image search: [Google]
Allah_shutterstock.jpg
2 MB, 2077x2077
>>17039295
Have you ever read the Qur'an? Or is this another I hate muslims because they are Isis and portrayed as evil people in the media and on YouTube?

Gnostic OT god isn't God, if your willing to look it up other than that
>>
>>17039295
Rome ruled most of the known world at that point. Rome killed and took over, years and years (centuries even) before Christianity.
>>
>>17039283
I don't really dislike any of those religions, but in the past and to some point in the present, they have caused a lot of trouble. Also how did the three of them ended up being so powerfull? they are the biggest group of religions in the globe. They even share super power countries
>>
>>17039306
Not so much Judaism, but Islam and Christianity where big with traders, and kings wanted to be on their good side so they converted, of course everyone wanting to be like the king converted also. This happened a lot in Africa.
>>
>>17039261
Assuming they are evil, and I don't know that this is true, they still aren't "the source of evil in this world." People did bad things before their ideology existed and people do bad things now for reasons that have nothing to do with religion. It sounds like you are just disillusioned and angry if you choose to believe this is the root of the problem.
>>
>>17039303
Yeah but why after Rome fall the people living at that time in it keeped the same religion? I just want to know Christianity was not replaced by some other religion of the natives of that region at the time.

>>17039302
I don't dislike Islam, I just want to know how it ended being one the three major religion of this world. More exactly why most recent empires adopted Abrahamic religions
>>
>>17039325
Because over the few hundred years, it became the ONLY religion. Rome and then later converts basically destroyed all available Pagan history/knowledge that was available to common people. So later generations grew up only knowing about Christianity.

c'mon man, this is 2+2=4 level of easy.
>>
>>17039295
Can you quote it?
>>
>>17039316
Im not saying they are evil, that's why I'm asking it. But to me, they sure can hold that title. Just look at how many empires rise and fall under those religion, they started to control the world almost 2000 ago and they still control it now. Why exactly these group of religions?
>>
>>17039336
Just because an empire or even a specific group declares themselves under the name of a religion, does not mean they follow it. Look at ISIS, for example.
>>
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
>>
By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.
>>
>>17039330
That's exactly why I don't buy it. It just too easy. I know these because of Math, when you know something is really easy you are doing it wrong
>>
>>17039350
Yeah the hard part is modern day. not the past.
>>
>>17039341
Yeah but hundreds of years ago empires where totally under the control of said religions, for example in europe, all those always asked the vatican to do or nor do something.

>>17039356
How is modern day the hard part?

>>17039334
Just google it
>>
>>17039365
Because it's pretty obvious that it's all fake, and empty now.
>>
>>17039365
Unless the empires did specificially as the religion itself commanded, then my point still stands.

And google what? It's your part of the argument, you should be able to cite your sources.
>>
>source of evil

no,mormons are better than the average person
>>
>>17039278
the number of people who died for religion is bloated as fuck

modern wars are much deadlier
also Islam is not religion of peace (unlike Islamics always brag about) its extremely violent religion, their whole quran is filled with hate and killing for higher purpose,but no one will ban that religion because muh free speech
>>
>>17039391
Have you even touched a Qur'an
>>
>>17039375
Religions to some degree, make a person good or bad. But it is truly the person at the end the one who is good or bad. Maybe most mormons you meet where legit nice persons.

>>17039372
>all fake
no

>>17039373
Find a bunch, but to clarify I dont hate islam. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

Also the empires did as the religions said, and they couldnt say otherwise because the church could literally kill the monarchies of those empires
>>
>>17039391
You too, can you cite your sources?
>>
>>17039399
For your information, that is a false and propaganda site.
>>
File: islam3.jpg (32 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
islam3.jpg
32 KB, 500x388
Qur'an is still a good read.

Maybe all that war and violence was relevant to the time period it took place and never meant for present day
>>
>>17039413
>pic related

It's all about the spirit and soul's connection to God not about global domination
>>
>>17039227
Yes. If it is a source of "good" then it must be a source of "evil" .
>>
>>17039428
That made no sense.
>>
>>17039416
The crusaders defended Europe from annihilation.
>>
File: frog_PNG3839.png (3 MB, 2044x1323) Image search: [Google]
frog_PNG3839.png
3 MB, 2044x1323
>>17039434
Not that anon but its like reading the Bible and being like "God is mean I don't like Him anymore who is this Satan/Lucifer character" and then they start casting spells and crucify frogs and start learning paganism on 4chan and internet to spite God because He isn't cool enough to sit with them at their lunch table
>>
File: crusader_1600.jpg (202 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
crusader_1600.jpg
202 KB, 1600x1200
>>17039451
Because they wanted some land.

Humans desire physical things and desire causes suffering.
>>
>>17039452
kek
>>
>>17039336
>Just look at how many empires rise and fall under those religion, they started to control the world almost 2000 ago and they still control it now. Why exactly these group of religions?
You are ignoring Asia. Look more into Asian history (India, Mongolia, China, Japan, Korea) and see if you still think that only Christian/Jew/Muslim empires existed and that only people of these religions have done horrible things.
>>
File: 1443020551038.jpg (529 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
1443020551038.jpg
529 KB, 1800x1800
>>17039454
Yes land and desire played a factor but so did long term warfare. It only makes sense to strike when you have the chance. - Europe wasn't always the super power of the world you know.
>>
File: tumblr_mm3qr8yqos1rxb2r5o1_1280.png (911 KB, 1280x583) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm3qr8yqos1rxb2r5o1_1280.png
911 KB, 1280x583
>>17039227
In short, yes. Basically the idea that darkness is evil and light is good is a lie, all evil stems from the fear of the dark. In darkness we should feel safe, hidden from danger, but the lie is that we need to fear the dark and shine light on the world, literally lighting up the world "think ww3"
>>
after the first crusade Christians immediately started turning on eachother. perhaps God brought it about to show Christians their own spite and silly differences amongst themselves.

the crusades, i think weren't too far away from the black death
>>
File: images-7.jpg (12 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
12 KB, 243x207
>>17039465
Neither was America
>>
>>17039227
No, they're not the source of evil. Any religion, having gained sufficient social popularity, will probably be exploited by the power hungry.
>>
>>17039468
I see where you're coming from, but not really. The fact that people fear the dark may even come from fearing the unknown, while in light, you are at eternal peace, eternal order, and bliss.
>>
>>17039416
Truth. Everyone seems to forget this. Some like to look at the followers and say the master or art is bad. That's like saying "I hate sushi"
"Why?"
"The sushi chefs are assholes"
"Ooooook......"
>>
>>17039470
Which is sad too because they all believe in Jesus and argue with eachother
>your going to hell
>no thats not what the bible says
>smackdown raw wwe christian brawl mode excellent supreme difficulty

>>17039471
Although Isis isn't and shouldn't be the face of Islam, it is to the average american citizen.
>>
>>17039479
Yes exactly nice metaphor btw gonna use that next time lol.

How hard is that to realize though? Real religion is about just love for God and knowledge of various scriptures, (as a Christian, not just the Bible) and so much more can expand your faith
>>
>>17039395
my dad read the quran he told me its basically song book with lots of threats and hatred and if you look up to what its saying, its exactly that.

>>17039400
>dying for religion
just a fucking meme, do you know anyone that died from religion? WW2 casualties were more than 100 million
>>
>>17039475
fearing the unknown, the need to control and shine light on everything is what's wrong with everything, it's the cause of evil and destruction
>>
>>17039505
But you didn't actually read it.

Is your dad white?

God threatening unbelievers at points but it is a great piece of scripture because it isn't all about Judgement either. You literally have to read it before you can make any judgements about Islam as a whole
>>
>>17039510
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBgqa-xQwY

here is an expert on religion,video is kind of a viral thing but he got some valid points
>>
>>17039505
>do you know anyone that died from religion?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentucky-man-dies-from-snake-bite-at-church-service/
>>
>>17039516
David Wood is not an expert on religion. He's a fairly half baked Christian apologist.
>>
File: glass-of-water.jpg (56 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
glass-of-water.jpg
56 KB, 375x500
>>17039516
>using youtube
>reading wikipedia
>looking at an online source to give you an opinion

I don't think people in the present day read and trust their own insight and figure it out themself. All questions are answered by google search and no one goes to God and asks for guidence on how to fulfill answers to their questions.
>>
>>17039509
Explain?

>>17039516
Explain how the Qur'an is that. "lots of threats and hatred".
>>
>>17039529
he got several degrees, id rather believe someone who is studying the subject than someone who is speculating.

>>17039532
what guidance do you need? people rape and murder in the name of islam and somehow islamic states don't seem to have control over those groups therefore regular islam is guilty too
>>
>>17039545
Again, people do things in the name of religion without even being religious, therefore using the religion as a face.

See:

>>17039479
>>17039416
>>
>>17039545
Please don't tell me you're this dense. Holy shit. What kind of brainwashing have you gone under? So if i rape and murder under the name of Christianity am i Christian then?
>>
>>17039545
>id rather believe someone who is studying the subject than someone who is speculating.
why not go to a muslim scholar for an explanation of what muslims actually believe? why go to a christian? why go to a single source at all? why not get the story from multiple people and put it together yourself?
>>
>>17039552
no, what im trying to say those are groups that originated in syria,Libya,iran,iraq etc,for some bizzare reason none of those countries managed to supress those terrorists groups and every time i listen to an islam apologist he is saying the world should accept islam but does absolute shit to stop the extremist filth because the west will do it anyway
>>
File: 746.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
746.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>>17039533
Fear of the unknown is the root of Abraham religion, which it's values are deeply ingrained in our modern condition. We must shine light on the world, control nature and the outcome, we're afraid of our intuition, this all leads to destruction of love. blinded by the christian perversion of love and nature
>>
>>17039561
also read this you dumbfucks

http://pamelageller.com/2015/09/muslim-countries-refuse-to-take-muslim-refugees-fear-terrorism.html/

you are being tricked
>>
>>17039561
But they're trying. Look at Afghanistan, for example, Iraq, Syria. Mujahideen fought the Taliban in Afghanistan, Hezbollah in Iraq, Assad in Syria, etc.
>>
>>17039566
I don't know, i think it's more like protecting yourself rather than fearing it in Christianity.
>>
>>17039545
>he got several degrees, id rather believe someone who is studying the subject than someone who is speculating.
From where and in what? "some degrees" isn't meaningful.

here's an indication of the problem. From his wikipedia entry. "He has degrees in philosophy and biology, and is pursuing a Ph.D. in the philosophy of religion at an academic institution in the State of New York"

"from an academic institution." That's not glowing praise.

As for studying it, no he really isn't. That's the problem with apologists. See, Wood thinks he's figured it all out. His mind is closed and as a result he acts like a zealot. He is actively anti-Muslim and anti-Atheist and regularly attempts to disrupt events sponsored by such people. That's not studying, that's just harassing. It's not learning, it's closed mindedness, a trait all too common among US protestants. So no, I don't see anything here to clai mhe has a valid opinion, and listening to his opinions first hand only reinforce that. If this is your idea of a Christian intellectual that's an ominous sign for your own future beliefs.
>>
>>17039580
doesn't matter, if a guerrilla manages to overthrow an entire army with planes and tanks then its their fault not controlling terrorism

how does it makes sense that bunch of monkey s with AK manages to overtake several countries and why no one intervenes, especially other arab nations in the arab league
>>
>>17039585
Trust your initiation, nature and love, don't be resist and fear these as it leads to spiritual sickness
>>
>>17039593
What are you talking about right now? Specify.
>>
>>17039599
im saying this whole thing doesn't make sense

ONE fucking terrorist group manages to overthrow several governments, ZERO arab countries intervene or send aid ZERO arab countries accept refugees ZERO arab countries are outspoken against isis.

its been documented just recently that turkey fully cooperates with ISIS, its probably headlining on the news right now
>>
>>17039599
I'm assuming Devine intervention
>>
>>17039606
Well of course. It's all a big lie.
>>
File: drag queen Davina DeVine.jpg (89 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
drag queen Davina DeVine.jpg
89 KB, 333x500
>>17039615
>pic related
>>
>>17039623
kek
>>
>>17039561
>Dena Schlosser (born 1969) is a Plano, Texas woman who, on November 22, 2004, used a knife to amputate the arms of her eleven-month-old daughter, Margaret, who died as a result. Plano police responded to a 9-1-1 call made by concerned workers at a local day care center who had spoken to her earlier that day. The 9-1-1 operator testified that she confessed to her and that the gospel song, "He Touched Me" played in the background. When police arrived, they saw her covered in blood and calmly sitting holding the knife singing Christian hymns.[1] Hours after her arrest, police heard her repeatedly chanting, "Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord."

she was told by her christian pastor that medication for her mental illness was unnecessary and should be prayed away.

>Vehemently anti-Catholic, Klan members had an explicitly Protestant Christian terrorist ideology, basing their beliefs in part on a "religious foundation" in Protestant Christianity.[13] The goals of the KKK included, from an early time onward, an intent to "reestablish Protestant Christian values in America by any means possible", and they believed that "Jesus was the first Klansman."[14] From 1915 onward, Klansmen conducted cross-burnings not only to intimidate targets, but also to demonstrate their respect and reverence for Jesus Christ, and the ritual of lighting crosses was steeped in Christian symbolism, including prayer and singing hymns

then there's warren jeffs, a christian prophet and pedophile who took little girls as wives with god's apparent blessing.

so anyway, my point is that hijacking of religious ideas by crazies is not strictly for muslims. the KKK operated with almost NO impunity for years and dena schlosser's pastor was never held accountable in the US, a majority christian country.

i'm not condemning christianty here, i'm saying that if you can separate the bad things some christians do under religion, you should separatethe things some muslims do under religion.
>>
File: andy-devine.jpg (43 KB, 390x488) Image search: [Google]
andy-devine.jpg
43 KB, 390x488
>>17039623
A challenger appears!
>>
>>17039635
>operated with almost NO impunity for years
obviously mean the exact opposite.

>operated with impunity and encountered almost NO consequences for years

is what i meant.
>>
>>17039227
Yes, they are. There's a lot of wisdom in kaballah and both christian and islamic mystical movements. Way too much bullshit and evil in the religions themselves though. I wish they were destroyed.
>>
>>17039635
yeah but the KKK don't own AK's and funded by rich oil barons

you can compare KKK to some progressive cult at best, only islam remains a problem now
>>
>>17039649
Like what?

>>17039650
How? How is it a problem? Explain, exactly.
>>
>>17039660
>How? How is it a problem? Explain, exactly.
millions of people die in shooting,mutilations,executions and there a global spread of hate in attempt to destroy humanity.

in my own sane personal opinion this is a problem
>>
>>17039664
And how is that Islam?
>>
>>17039670
well if you there was no islam there wouldn't be terrorism?
>>
>>17039650
are you out of high school yet? honest answer.
>>
>>17039674
hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>17039674
What? Learn to spell.

And, no, that's wrong, and a very, honestly, uneducated answer. This "terrorism" has nothing to do with Islam. Not at all, it only uses the name of it. I don't want to sound biased, but this "terrorism" is obviously something created by some higher-ups else to fool people like you.
>>
>>17039677
KKK is such a minuscule problem in comparison to everything else im surprised you even brought that up
>>
>>17039687
if there was no islam there wouldn't be a way to control young people into beliveing in things like afterlife and the ultimate truth,blood retribution etc.

why fight when there is no motive
>>
>>17039688
i brought up the concept that christians can murder and rape and do horrible shit in the name of god as much as muslims can, and they have and do.

why don't you seem to get this simple fact?
>>
>>17039692
What? Control? Where did "control" come from? Explain.

Also, afterlife and ultimate truth are positive things, so i don't understand what you mean? But i have no idea what blood retribution is.
>>
>>17039697
>>17039695
you both obviously don't know anything about modern terrorism, i suggest you sit through bunch of documentaries to understand how extremists insert "allah" when they need something

yeah religion can be bad but its also a shelter,place to consult and share.
what about all the orphanages and charities they run? yeah religion totally sucks bro
>>
>>17039706
I'm not arguing against religion here. He is.
>>
Religions are a list of ideas. Ideas themselves have no alignment, if they did the cognitive dissonance that your brain brings up would damn even the most chaste holyman. If you are mentioning the amount of people who have died in their name, you are forgetting that ideas don't kill people. People kill people, and anthropomorphizing religions in an attempt to not blame people will get you nowhere. While I understand that people do this as a form of psychological coping, hell humanity has anthropomorphized stranger things, it still aggravates me that it's currently the popular trend -.-
>>
>>17039708
>>17039706

i'm not arguing against religion either, if you bothered to read what i actually said.

i'm saying religion is consistently hijacked by bad people. religion isn't inherently bad but it can be used by crazy people to justify anything.
>>
>>17039733
Who are you? I'm confused.
>>
>>17039737
>Who are you?
Bat-Hyperpenis.
>>
>>17039737
my posts here are

>>17039635
>>17039643
>>17039695
>>17039733

don't know what your posts are but with the last post i was responding to this person saying i was arguing against religion >>17039708 or at least that's how i interpreted "he is."
>>
>>17039750
That was me. I'm also the one who asked who you are. But you're appearently not him >>17039706 which is who i was responding to.
>>
the Hebrew is the source of all evil

he manipulates all other
>>
>>17039470
>muh crusades
Let's forget how Muslims conquered 1/3 of Europe a few hundred years earlier and all crusade battles were in the Holy Land to take Jerusalem.
>>
>>17039227
>Are Abrahamic religions the source of evil of this world?
Yeah, I think so. I can't imagine how else paranoia could become so freakishly commonplace.
>>
>>17039227

They are sources of evil, yes, but human nature itself is evil.
>>
>>17042685
>human nature itself is evil
No, it fucking isn't your dipshit. Do you have any idea how many people haven't stabbed you to death yet?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.