[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the best way to give a shot of whiskey to a spider-god?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 400px-Iktomicookingducks.png (177 KB, 400x198) Image search: [Google]
400px-Iktomicookingducks.png
177 KB, 400x198
What would be the best way to give a shot of whiskey to a spider-god? No special reason or occasion.
>>
Who we talk in about here? Anasi?
>>
>>17029630
Iktomi. The picture was supposed to be a hint.
>>
Why would a spider-god want a shot of whiskey?
>>
>>17029649
Sorry op, really stoned. I'd leave it as an offering then. Native American gods seem to respond better when you are formal in your offers.
>>
feed whiskey to flies, set flies on fire, no other way.
>>
>>17029681
How should I leave it? I'm looking for some details. Is there any special way I should mark it as being for him?

>>17029680
The same reason anybody else would, I imagine.

>>17029685
I'm going to need a lot of flies.
>>
>>17029690
Why would you want to give a spider-god a shot of whiskey?
>>
>>17029696
Because I happen to have one shot left in the bottle, I like trickster archetypes, and as I understand it, Lakota gods like whiskey (according to the one Lakota I know, who is asleep at the moment).
>>
>>17029699
I would just put it into a shot glass and leave it outside your door with a note saying "4 Iktomi".
>>
>>17029690
>Get good whiskey
>write iktomi on paper
> build a small fire
> gather some feathers and food (preferably something not in a package raw meat, corn, ect)
> leave items next to fire
> fold up paper, say a small prayer to iktomi
> burn paper
>leave
That should do it op.
>>
>>17029724
Some tobacco couldn't hurt in adition
>>
>>17029624
what type of whiskey?
also, give me the whiskey
>>
>According to the Lakota, Iktomi is the son of Inyan, the Rock
>His appearance is that of a spider, but he can take any shape, including that of a human. When he is a human he is said to wear red, yellow and white paint

In 2012, I moved to WA. In 2014, I began to write about a spider who wore a person-suit. By February 2015, I'd taken this to the level of designing an entire ontology where I was actually a spider in a person-suit, and I began to understand biology and genetics within this metaphor.

What shocks me is that at the same time, red, yellow and white took on new meanings for me. Red became relevant because of cosmological red-shift - objects running away from you appear reddened. Sulfur is yellow, but I've moved away from that element as an insulator to fluorine. White is the color of energy emission - the color of an object which is giving of itself to the rest of the world.

Of course, Shiva means 'The Red One,' and Indra's color is red as well. In fact, red, white and yellow are associated with Heaven and the gods all over the planet.

As for your question; I've never given anything but my own homebrewing as a sacrifice. When I did it, I poured a single cup, drank half, and left the rest on a rock with some bread. Nothing particularly religious or spiritual, or for any specific being - just sharing food and drink with any spirits that might show up. At the time, I thought the spirits came on UFO's, and was trying to imitate an Elf Home in the manner of my Norse ancestors. I still do, but my understanding is much better.
>>
>>17029624
Or you could stop feeding spider gods and help people you nitwit
>>
File: rocks.jpg (70 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
rocks.jpg
70 KB, 1000x1000
on the rocks m8y
>>
>>17030207
It's one shot of whiskey that's left over after a get-together. What person needs a single shot of whisky so badly?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.