[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep paralysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 274x184
Hi everyone! Can u give me advice, how to get in a sleep paralysis state? Everytime I try it, I fall asleep ;( And what does it feel like? Thanks!!
>>
It's horrible mate. First time it happened I thought I'd died. Couldn't move. My eyes were open and I was staring at my hand trying to make it move, and couldn't call for help. This was after a 4 day mkat binge. Nasty.
>>
File: y tho.jpg (10 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
y tho.jpg
10 KB, 221x225
>>17023512
>>
Here are the conditions when it happened to me:
Sleep flat on your back
put the idea of sleep paralysis in your mind and think about it before you fall asleep
>>
>>17023519
Realy want to experience smth horible . Why? dunno
>>
>>17023512
For starters the most important thing is irregular sleeping habits. I had sp frequently when I was unemployed and slept whenever. They completely stopped after I started working 8-16. The second most important thing is to sleep on your back. I never had sp in any other position. And to make your irregular sleeping patterns even more irregular a random nap here and there was a surefire way to induce sp.

Also you dont fall into sp. You "wake up" into one.
>>
>>17023568
Never knew that. Thanks!
>>
>>17023568
And also genetics. Most people get no or few sp during their entire life.
>>
>>17023568

Fuck i always sleep on my back with fucked up schedule i don't want to experience that
>>
I've never had sleep paralysis, mostly because I sleep on my stomach. But basically there are chemicals in your brain that inhibit you from moving when you sleep and "paralyze" your muscles so you don't act out your dreams when you sleep. Waking up while these chemicals are active during REM sleep can lead to sleep paralysis, as you are conscious but your muscles are still paralyzed. Also, sleeping on your back DOES account for most sleep paralysis states, so that helps too.

Try sleeping on your back and waking during R.E.M. sleep then, which usually occurs during the first 15 minutes of falling asleep, and recurs about every 90 minutes in your sleep cycles.
>>
File: hes-a-big-guy.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hes-a-big-guy.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>17023581
It's not as horrible once you've actually experienced it a couple of times. It's seriously off-putting for the first time, but by now I realize it's harmless and just enjoy the adrenaline surge.
>>
>>17023586
Yeah, but how can I wake up? Is there any method?
>>
>>17023597
Not that I know of, but like I said I've never had one. From what I've heard you just wait it out in terror. This is why people are asking why the fuck you want one lol you're completely useless once it happens
>>
>>17023597
Well there are always alarm clocks but that's just annoying.
Irregular sleeping patterns like >>17023568 said are the most likely the key.
>>
>>17023601
>>17023602

Well thanks! :) going to try that out.
>>
>>17023601
>you just wait it out in terror
Yes, pretty much. You're "paralyzed" and more often than not "see" or "feel" some kind of malevolent presence, due to your brain going into panic mode and trying to kick your body into gear.
Dat adrenaline surge is still awesome though.
>>
File: 1429422791393.jpg (40 KB, 435x512) Image search: [Google]
1429422791393.jpg
40 KB, 435x512
>>17023597
>>
>>17023512
Here's a video on how to do it
https://youtu.be/V94dWsx45zs
>>
>>17023532

You might want to look at this documentary.

There have been people who have contemplated suicide, ruined their relationships due to sleep paralysis. It's really not something to be taken lightly. In fact it's truly fucking horrifying.
>>
I had sleep paralysis a few times before, it's awful. I couldn't breathe right, couldn't move, and couldn't even make a sound. I remember thinking before that the reason I couldn't breathe right was because when I woke up, my face was usually smushed against my pillow. For how to make it happen, I dunno, when I got it, it just happened to me.

>>17023597
I remember doing a fake snore once, and that seemed to do the trick. Not sure if it'll work again/work for you guys, but do what >>17023601 said.
>>
>>17023512
Happened to me twice first time I felt possed.
Fully conscious and couldn't move seeing crazy evil looking shit and the walls of my room warping around.
Second time it was like lucid dreaming, felt real but there were like zombies and withces and my two roomates were there but would not respond to me.

As for how to cause it,
Both times it happened to me it was from quoting smoking weed after smoking for a long time.
Actually quite unpleasent, do not recommend
>>
>>17023512
When I was younger, People told me that Sleep Paralysis was caused by demons trying to possess you so I would pray the "Our Father". As I start pray, the pressure would get more intense. Some times I wake up and sometimes i would go back into dream state. it would happen to me at least twice a month. Sleep paralysis feels like drowning and not being able to move your body. you also feel light pressure like something hold you down. When you 1st experiencing it, it feels like forever. I use to panic as soon as I'm in. then after awhile I'd be like "Oh... this again" then i just wait it out. Now that I'm older I know i have Sleep Apnea. ever since I bought a memory form mattress and expensive pillow I haven't experience it. I also make sure im not sleeping on my back, its not good for snorers. Even though I got use to it, its still a horrible feeling.
>>
I got it while sleeping on stomach
The worst was in my dream everything looks straight out of a fantasy world but I ended up entering my building then my house then my room and saw myself sleeping and then broke the fourth wall and told myself to wake up and I did and I couldn't move and felt like something was in the room

Weirdly enough I didn't panic
>>
I just do it by being on my back and preventing myself from falling totally asleep. It starts to feel like you're on the top of the rollercoaster and beginning to drop but you don't want to fully give into the drop. You start to get the sensation of your eyes rolling back but you want to welcome that feeling instead of succumbing to it. Do all this while having a completely blank mind.

I don't believe there's a systematic list to doing it and everyone ends up finding their own way.

As a disclaimer: I believe over the past few months I've encountered a succubus and it really is taking a toll on me. Be careful because I feel as though you're treading a terrestrial line and playing a very dangerous game.
>>
>>17024824
Do tell more about the succubus~
>>
>>17023512
I grew up with it and night terrors, what the fuck is wrong with you OP I'm a combat vet and with my other issues I still live in fear of it recurring. If you want, go an extended period without sleep, fight sleep until you pass out preferably with something on that has talking.
>>
>>17023512
Anyone who has actually experienced sleep paralysis will tell you everyone pretending to experience is full of shit. It is not a fun Rollercoaster adrenalin ride like the role players will have you believe. Rather hope you never get it
>>
>>17024807
You sir were dreaming that is not SP
>>
>>17025737
It was scary as fuq for me.
>>
you can get a similar experience if you smoke salvia, then start walking around, then lay down and think instead of just breaking through. You'll feel yourself losing control of your entire body, and then you can feel this alien force about to overtake your brain, and then it's up to you to figure out what you're going to do next!

It was one of the most horrifying experiences of my life, absolutely an "i have no mouth but I must scream" kind of deal.
>>
>>17023568
this is all true for me
>>
>>17025746
I have been having SP since I was Six and I have never like it it has never been a fun adrenaline rush like some posers are claiming. You don't realize what is happening until it is done but while it is happening you still feel the fear and believe you are dying there is nothing fun or paranormal about it and the succubus shit these people are spouting pretending they befriend demons or remotely enjoy this shit or whatever is just a bunch of crap. Your brain does not give you the option to just chill and ride it out you're dreaming about something entering your room or some shit and your brain goes into flight mode and you wake up with the feeling of panic and dread the only thing you can hope for is the try and fall asleep again. I have been dealing with this shit for 20 years almost weekly and I have never figured out how to prevent it.
>>
Its really weird. I was in the car one day going to an event, and i fell asleep in the back. I got woken up by a bump and my eyes could barely open. I was drolling on the seat and my body felt heavy. And it feels like youre breathing under water. I literally tried throwing my self to sit up for 15 minutes before it worked.
>>
>>17023512
I get it overtime I force myself to go to sleep, like if I'm not tired
>>
>>17024512
I've experienced sleep paralysis
It can be terrifying when it's happening
But it's not real
So after the fact it's interesting

Do you get PTSD from riding a rollercoaster or watching spoopy movies? Jesus
>>
My first time with sleep paralysis was cool. My dad always told me to say "fuck off monsters" until l felt confident kf l was scared (as a kid), l knew what sleep paralysis was so l just relaxed and started insulting monsterd of cunt in my head. Looked angrily at the wall and it stopped after a few seconds. Thanks dad
>>
Happened to me once completely randomly. Felt like my blanket was being shaken and tossed rapidly by a wind I couldn't feel and like I was either slowly levitating of the bed or being pulled off it y one of my legs
>>
>>17023568
This.
>>
Happned to me once, was sleeping on my back.

I was 100% sure that some mice are running around my room and I was quite scared they would approach me and bite (even though I am not normally scared of vermin).

I took few deep breaths and wanted to stand up, but I couldn't. Wasn't too scary, more like a nuisance.
I took few more breaths and used my willpower to actually FORCE myself to stand up.

I did it with screaming "ROAAAAR", probably waking up everyone in apartment.
Obviously no mice in my room.
>>
Happened to me twice in the same night last week
Before that I was cramming 19h a day with random naps here and there, which is probably what caused it.
>>
>>17023512

If you really are that stupid, the easiest way to get sleep paralysis is to start attempting to communicate with "spirits", when I was around 8/9 I was deeply into this stuff, me and my friends even made a ouija board out of paper and a glass.

This is not a mental state, it is demonic attack.

From that age to about 25 I suffered regular sleep paralysis, the more depressed I would get the worse the attacks, to the point where what you put in the OP pic actually happened to me and a demon tried to strangle me.

Its horrific, and only stopped a few months after I got saved in 2011, my final major sleep paralysis involved alien grays standing in my bedroom, trying to abduct me. Only through fervent prayer and worship of God did it end.

This stuff is real sir, I hope you never manage it.

Look up the movie "the nightmare", for some examples of the true horrors of this stuff. I for one am so glad that it's over for me, In 4 years I've had just a couple of incidences of sleep paralysis. and nothing as bad as it used to be, and its quickly nipped in the bud.
>>
i'm actively trying to Astral Project and entering SP is the gateway for it. I had it this morning after a dream, and finally started to feel the vibrations all throughout my body. It wasn't euphoric, and I use the word exciting very rarely, but it was quite an experience. I started to have doubts, because of the possible negativism I have read about that can happen. Honestly it is my number 1 goal, and I failed to take the next step, but it has been my farthest step so far. I want to reach this point again.
>>
File: are you fuckin serious m8.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
are you fuckin serious m8.webm
2 MB, 720x404
There's nothing supernatural about SP, you see scary shit because you're scared and expect the worst, simple as that.

If you're relaxed and know what's going on you can just go lucid during SP and conjure up whatever you want.
>>
yeah an SP is your brain doing an horror show for you because you make it scary , but if you control Sp you can do astral shit right?
>>
SP isn't that bad after you get used to it but if you do not have any experience with it, it can be terrifying. I currently induce it when i am not tired and want to sleep. All i do is lay flat on my back and literally do not move a muscle in my body. If you move youll screw it up. You have to trick your mind into thinking you are asleep. When it happens correctly it is one of the most euphoric feelings ever. It helps with lucid dreaming as well
>>
>>17026710
>saved
lunatic fag
>>
>>17023512
Happened to me once back in highschool. Nasty stuff.
There's an abandoned house, embassy actually of some African country that couldn't pay for the upkeep.
It's parallel to my building, and slightly uphill, so i have a view of it straight from my window.
Before i went to sleep i was looking at it trough my window and thinking if it's haunted.
I got sleep paralysis and had some hooded hag scraping the window with her long ass nails.
When i was finally able to move i went to the bathroom and then to my parents room, sat on the bed and shook mom to wake her up just to confirm i wasn't dreaming anymore.
I had the feeling i was gonna have a heart attack.

It was sleep paralysis for sure, not something supernatural, because there was no actual scraping on the window (right?).
>>
>>17023512
>what does it feel like
Nothing.

If you say "I'n the name of Jesus begone"
You'll feel an immense pressure on your chest then as fast it came it disappears and you awaken.

Do not do it.
It is bad for you, it's painful, its scary, its unpleasant, it is not fun, it is not an 'experience'.
Its absurd and should be avoided.
>>
>>17023597
This>>17027017
>>17027017
>>17027017
>>17027017
>>17027017

You need to realize what is happening as quickly as possible.

You can force yourself to awaken from dreams, but sleep paralysis is literally paralysis.
>>
>>17027017
>It is bad for you
There is nothing to suggest that sleep paralysis is harmful. It happens to you every night, you just don't wake up during it most of the time.
>>
>>17027044
>It happens to you every night
I have never woken up with bruises save once.
>>
>>17027067
If you've woken up with bruises, that isn't the sleep paralysis. That's not how sleep paralysis works.
>>
>>17027077
You must not know what it is then.
You probably have some sort of fantasy of it being like a waking dream.
>>
>>17024787
This.

Ive had a ton of sleep paralysis episodes. More so when I was a kid. Honestly I started reading the bible because when i was 14 i had it three times in the same month and had never heard of what sleep paralysis was so i thought i was possessed or some shit. It was terrifying. And most other people have never heard of it either so they think your crazy.

> how to induce it

Like other people said you cant "make" it happen it just kind of does when youre waking up. For me, if i wake up early, like say 4 or 5 am, read for half an hour then fall back asleep, it almost always happens. Had a summer job where i would be on call in the mornings and they call me off work so id go back to sleep and it happened a lot there too.

Try setting your alarm for 5 am, read for a bit, then fall back asleep on your weekend or something. Youll probably wake up again at like 730 with it.
>>
>>17025667
This would be hard mode. Having sleep paralysis with some background noise makes it 10x worse for the scare factor.

Had it a few times with my fan on. While.in the paralysis it felt like there was a tornado in my room with roaring wind and screaming. Shit felt demonic.

During sleep paralysis your sensations are heightened. This is why most people report a "pressure" on their stomach pr chest or "voices" in the room. Its really just the weight of your blankets on your chest and the gentle murmur of background noise that you normally tune out. But in sleep paralysis your senses are magnified because your body is in flight mode.
>>
>>17027085
Not that anon, but i think youre the one with the fantasies buddy.
>>
HOW TO WAKE UP FROM SLEEP PARALYSIS:
Your pinky will always be accessible no matter if your body is paralyzed. Keep moving your pinky and it'll signal to your brain that you are indeed awake and you will wake up! However, once you're awake, sit up immediately or the lure of sleep and the extreme sleepiness state you will be in can put you right back to sleep and right back into paralysis.
>>
Why would you want to induce sleep paralysis? It happened to me for 6 months and it still happens from time to time. There are times that I can even see myself lying on my bed and I'm just standing there watchin myself sleep and then some black shadows come towards the sleeping me. It's awful, stay away from it
>>
>>17028460
Not everyone is a big fat pussy
>>
>>17023512

Don't drink alcohol!

I drink every night to prevent it. I get sp in any position I sleep in if I don't drink alcohol. Fucking horrible.
>>
>>17025771

Drink alcohol! Becoming an alcoholic was the best decision of my life!! No more waking up feeling like someone tried to kill me, no more waking up feeling scared out of my mind.
>>
I used to get SP every time i lucid dreamed as a kid but now I can dream as lucid as possible (to the point of even being aware I'm asleep) without getting the paralysis. Im fairly sure it's a mental thing, the less experience you have, the higher chance you have of getting SP after a lucid dream. This is gonna sound pretty cringey but after I saw inception I learned how to pick up on common tropes and situations that only happen in a dream, and then realize im dreaming, which allows me to start doing whatever i want. Just out of the blue I'll say "wait what the hell I'm asleep, woah". I assume its because since i lucid dream so much I'm starting to subconciously pick up on little clues and hints that suggest that whats happening isnt real. The thing is my dreams are a carbon copy of what I do IRL, 90 percent of my dreams are just me at school talking to classmates, or walking around town. I have no idea how i can just tell sometimes whats real and whats not. The point im trying to get at here is that the more you lucid dream, the less you get the shitty effects of SP
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.