[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I start thinking about space, the millions of planets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: 1448045028584.jpg (3 MB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448045028584.jpg
3 MB, 1600x1280
Whenever I start thinking about space, the millions of planets and landscapes that are out there, I get an intense feeling of sadness and despair in my solar plexus because I am stuck in this planet. In this island. I want to see the cosmos. I need to see what's out there. Why does it exist if I can't see it?
There must be a way to travel to other planets.
>>
you are the universe. you need only peer into yourself to experience all our reality has to offer
>>
>>17019948
Maybe because it isn't easy for a intelligent civilization to reach such status. Or perhaps we may be alone. The fermi paradox explains many reasons why we haven't seen anyone else.
>>
File: emo-boys.jpg (21 KB, 375x478) Image search: [Google]
emo-boys.jpg
21 KB, 375x478
>Whenever I start thinking about space, the millions of planets and landscapes that are out there, I get an intense feeling of sadness and despair in my solar plexus because I am stuck in this planet.

Emo: The Thread
>>
Why would the ability to experience the cosmos be given to someone who hasn't contributed anything to their own planet?
>>
I guess you've visited all the countries and indigenous tribes on Earth already then.
>>
>>17019948
You have to realize that you are just where the universe put you.
You can't do anything about it, but once you accept that and look into your being, you see that you are as everything in the universe.
>>
>>17019960
>>17019993
New age bullshit. No offense.

>>17019967
FTL travel, bro. We need it.

>>17019969
Glad you feel identified.

>>17019985
1080HD Projection right there anon.

>>17019986
What does that even have to do with space exploration?
>>
>>17019948

> I get an intense feeling of sadness and despair in my solar plexus ...

Dude, just eat something. Looking at wide-open spaces makes me hungry, too.
>>
>>17019948
you're a sad faggot who doesn't see the beauty right in front of him in favor of some romanticized visions of otherworldly landscapes that don't even exist. if you can't be happy where you are you can't be happy anywhere. get a hobby
>>
>>17020075
>otherworldly landscapes that don't even exist.
Ok, so now Earth is the only planet that exists. The solar system is a hoax. Astronomers, Cosmonauts and Space Agencies are just fronts for money laundering.

Im guessing your hobby is insulting other people and their desires.
>>
>>17019948
Get a good computer and download space engine
>>
>>17020141
You're projecting your hopes and dreams on something you've never even experienced. Grow up
>>
hexayurt.com/novel

Also try salvia or dmt
>>
>>17020268
>dude is angsty because he won't live to explore the universe
>DUDE JUST DO WEED AND DRUGS LMAO
Go die in a fire fucking junkie.
I bet you work for a cartel selling this shit.
>>
>>17020268
>salvia or dmt
Damn, I wish. Tried LSD once. Wasn't what I was expecting.
>>
>>17020284
I actually haven't used salvia since 2010, and have never done DMT myself; haven't felt the need yet, or perhaps I haven't felt ready yet.

>>17020286
Acid and shrooms are both nice but you're still.... here. Salvia and DMT take you somewhere else. Prolly the closest either of us will get to traveling the stars is those drugs, or emulating their effects through years of practicing yoga/meditation/etc
>>
I'm sad about this too, but it helps me to know that the matter in my body has/will travel the universe. Like the Carl Sagan "star stuff" quote.
>>
>>17019948
Lol I sort of kind of have that feeling but I don't let it get to me. I know there's too much to explore right now in this moment to worry about that now.
>>
>>17020327
>Salvia and DMT take you somewhere else.
I would really like to try them. But its so hard to find it here. It took me almost a year to track down that lsd I told you about. I have no accounts to order online and not many friends either.

>>17020331
I get you. I just wish I could experience it firsthand. Watching the Drop out of FTL near a binary star system from the observation deck. Making an approach to a terrestrial planet. And getting to see two huge, blue stars in a new sky. Oh man. I can only wish.

>>17020355
I know. I don't let the feeling take over. I just wanted to externalize it. Thought I could find people with a similar want here.
>>
File: 178.jpg (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
178.jpg
9 KB, 400x400
>>17019948
>Why does it exist if I can't see it?
Have you tried buying a telescope?
>>
Cryogenic preservation.

Freeze yourself so that in the future you can be woken up and still be young i guess
Its kind of pricey though..
>>
>>17020012
Fuckin' edgemaster right here
are you even the OP
>>
>>17020141
He's pretty much saying most of what's out there is carbon in form of fire and rocks.
Just get a telescope, it'll show you p much what you'd see in a space ship. Even if mars is closer for astronauts it sstill looks far away and if you got too close you'd get caught in it's gravity and die.

Keep in mind that "space" is, as far as we know, infinite and not only that but what you see in a telescope would look similar to what you'd see if you were 100 million miles away in the middle of space, unless you happened to see a nebula or some cool shit.

Keep in mind that the international space station is as close as we'll get to colonizing other planets for a while. Even if we are close we'd all just jump aboard the mars train and I mean even then. Gross. Everything would be all red and full of iron and shit
>>
>>17020284
>mfw he didn't even say weed
>mfw you probably don't know that salvia could be bought legally
>mfw dmt is garbage anyway
>mfw cartel

A CARTEL? Are you actually 12? lmao top kek
>>
Don't worry, OP. It's reasonably likely that we will essentially achieve immortality in our lifetimes. In 40 years you'll probably be able to put your brain in a radical robot body and explore space all you'd like
>>
>>17020418
>watching the drop out of FTL
>implying

If you were actually in an extra vehicular vehicle, there's probably no way it'd be advanced enough for you to do that, even with an FTL drive.

You wouldn't be able to do that even if you were travelling a fifth of the speed of light, you'd have to be bunkered down somehow, probably passed out while the space ship was an some kind of advanced auto pilot.

Either way there's no way in fuck you'd be standing on the "obsservation deck" and if you were on a planet safe for humans to be on it might not be revolving around two hot ass stars, or even two dwarf stars slowly dying.

Get ur shit 2gether kid
>>
>>17019948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyUjDkSVkvE
>>
File: ganesa_biggie.jpg (3 MB, 1567x1950) Image search: [Google]
ganesa_biggie.jpg
3 MB, 1567x1950
>>17020545
>dmt is garbage anyway
>>
>>17020517
Ayy, yes I am. And I see you like my edges.
>>17020552
May the gods hear you.
>>17020561
Are you a Failed astronomer or failed physicist?
>>
>>17020671
'll try to break this down without sounding like a dick

Right off the bat, astronauts are tethered down during extreme speeds like when they enter orbit or re enter orbit. This speed is nothing compared to that of the speed of light.

That being said, say this is 2764 and you're blasting off to garbagula 5 or planet vagina-x, doesn't matter, the spacecraft is going to have some kind of crazy artificial gravity or stabilizer that keeps organisms that are unable to naturally reach 60 mph (assuming based on the fact that the worlds fastest achieved like 30 mph) from being torn apart from the gravitational force produced by themselves and their spacecraft moving FASTER than the speed of light (when a fifth of the speed of light is 37,256.5 miles per second). Even if that system keeps you from even being dizzy, I doubt it’ll keep you able to stand up as you accelerate to or decelerate from the speed of light. And uh in addition to that, your brain probably wouldn’t even be able to accurately register the colors of the stars and planets passing by at the speed of light (186,000 miles per second) while you leisurely watch from the “observation deck” (lmao fucking seriously?).

As for your "terrestrial planet", terrestrial means having to do with earth you fucking middle schooler, it'd be an extraterrestrial planet, that probably wouldn't be 100% suitable for human life in the first place, unless it's perfectly not freezing or above 100 degrees fahrenheit and the air is perfectly 100% breathable, you probably have some kind of suit or helmet on. Don't ask for a quote, I just assume based on our unique atmosphere that you'd need that kind of shit unless your vacation planet has air that's about 20% oxygen.

As for the whole sun thing, fucking google blue giants and dwarf stars.

I'm not trying to shit on anyone or space travel, I'm just saying, you're gonna have to have realistic expectations of the future, not everything is gonna be fuckin' star wars.
>>
>>17020884
re-enter the atmosphere **

sage
>>
>>17020884
While your argument about the effects of such speeds on the body is mostly correct. You are still a faggot.
Haha im joking.

And when I say terrestrial planet, I mean a solid planet made of rocks and minerals where you can actually "land" as opposed to a gas giant or something similar.

But, to be honest. You shouldn't be taking this so seriously.
>>
> go to space
> find rocks
> lots of empty void
> then more rocks
> go back to earth and look at google images wallpapers instead
>>
Op, I totally get it. I grew up on Star Trek, ffs. Who wouldn't want to go out there? Only someone without a soul or an imagination.
>>
>>17019948
I know your feel, bro.
There's a big party up there and we're missing out.
I've seen things which defy our current understanding of physics, or that which is known to the public anyway.
There are ways to travel, but it isn't immediately available to the average citizen.
>>
File: 1441331384228.png (4 MB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
1441331384228.png
4 MB, 1152x2048
>>17019948
I've felt the same way for a while OP, when I tell my friends about it they don't seem very interested but I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this peculiar want
>>
just astral travel to other worlds

but make sure you don't get stuck there
>>
>>17019948

I know that feel bro. I blame the demiurge and his shitty laws of physics.
>>
>>17022848
>I blame the demiurge and his shitty laws of physics
Come on now.
You don't think the military have some of the most brilliant minds of today in their facilities figuring out how to 'cheat' these laws, using one aspect of physics to nullify another e.g. magnetism/gravity? and cooking up new elements, even particles? learning how they interact so they help people do the shit you only thought possible in video games and movies?

They have to, so that if ayylmao or another nation decides to go all War of the Worlds on everyone, they are capable of fighting back.

I wouldn't blame those that do the work though, some have a real passion for it, some just want to make a living.

I'd blame the generals that are in cahoots with the corporate guys, those same corporate guys that want to keep it all for themselves because they're 'better' than everyone else.
>>
File: 14487321684125.jpg (28 KB, 283x317) Image search: [Google]
14487321684125.jpg
28 KB, 283x317
>>17019948
Thomas Townsend Brown had that dream too.

If you fill a rocket with fuel and then open the bottom,
the fuel will pour out but the rocket doesn't go anywhere.

Brown figured, what if you can use electricity to create
the propulsive effect without the need for the fuel?

The electric rockets were going to be needed to get
past the vast distances of space without the need
to refuel when there be little liquid or solid to refuel with.

While in class, the physics teacher had a vacuum tube
and when electricity was activated to go through the
tube, the electrodes in the vacuum jumped.

The realization of this completely blew the rocket idea
out of the water. This mysterious effect was something
much better than plasma rockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyhFg2Gparg
>>
>>17022940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRHxPpqGIjo
>>
Thank you for your replies, anons.

Now, I sincerely hope ayylmaos break in tonight and take me to visit their planet or something.
>>
>>17023012
Yeah. I have learned a little about ion propulsion, and it seems current can make the electrodes and/or wires tense up so they move a lot or a little when current is applied, possibly explaining levitating ion propulsion "triangles", but rumor has it the soviets made a submarine using ion propulsion with water as the propulsion medium at the end of the cold war so it did not have to use a propeller all the time.
>>
>>17023012
Funny to see this posted here, I've been watching videos and looking up information about Townsend Brown for the last few days. I've become fascinated with it, I usually don't believe stuff like this but for some reason I'm convinced his research was real.

This could be easily faked today, but it's still exactly what I would expect to see from early experiments leading to gravity manipulation.
I think a fake video would try to look more impressive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFOFKZw9_ac
>>
>>17023500
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_flyingobjects25.htm
>>
>>17022774
I feel the Same. When i told my friends About this they were bored af. I'd spend my whole life to the universe if i could.
>>
>>17025960
If they don't listen to what you have to say they aren't your friends man
>>
>>17019948
>>17022774
>>17025960
I-I want to play with the universe.
I want to know all the rules of the game, and I want to play with it
>>
File: Jack-LaLanne-Solar-Plexus.jpg (17 KB, 520x424) Image search: [Google]
Jack-LaLanne-Solar-Plexus.jpg
17 KB, 520x424
>despair in my solar plexus
>my solar plexus
>solar plexus

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
File: Lrr.jpg (93 KB, 706x540) Image search: [Google]
Lrr.jpg
93 KB, 706x540
Does it bother you that now that they've cancelled Futurama, we're going to get an alien invasion because they thought that was what life was like on earth.

I'm telling ya, Earth's most powerful defense system is our quality TV programming.

pic related
>>
>>17019948
Try psychedelics? Realize inner is outer/outer is inner
>>
Is OP a kill yet?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.