[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What purpose does the universe serve? Is it a machine for something,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 23
What purpose does the universe serve?

Is it a machine for something, is it alive, is it a playground?
>>
>>16979869
What if heaven wasnt a place in the clouds but a metaphor for the cosmos
>>
>>16979869
What we consider to be alive, yes. It is alive. It produces sentient life, or at the very least can house it and nurture it.

Life is what you make it friend.
>>
Gods brain cell!
>>
>>16979869
The universe is the realm of the possibilities. It exists to witness itself. We are one of its tools to achieve its goal.
>>
It exists out of necessity for the reciprocal feeding and maintenance of everything in existence.
>>
>>16979942
Also, captcha seems obsessed with cookies, it's only here?
>>
File: Koyaanisqatsi.jpg (194 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
Koyaanisqatsi.jpg
194 KB, 900x1165
>>16979869
What purpose does anything serve?

Isn't the idea of purpose a man made construct?

Somethings just are.
>>
>>16979869

We've yet to figure that out. Our current knowledge lacks enough depth to formulate an accurate description of reality.

We're nothing more than dogs looking up and the moon...
>>
>>16979869
No purpose. Things happen just because they do. There's no grand plan for us, so make the most of your life. Give yourself a purpose.
>>
>>16981357
at the moon*

Well I fucked that one right up.
>>
>>16981358
>No purpose

That's ridiculous. Just being here is proof enough that there's a purpose, or a reason.
>>
>>16979869
Well, I always had this theory that our entire universe is actually like protons, neutrons and electrons. Or atoms I guess.
An easier way to explain it would be like, every atom here on earth, if you could keep zooming into it, or zooming into a neutron/proton/electron maybe, you would end up seeing another universe same as ours. Say you keep zooming in on this new universe you see, you zoom in till you find a solar system and luckily, did a planet with life. So you zoom into an atom and such until you see yet another universe, and it continues infinitely.

Being as time is, if this were the case, 1 second in the 'top' world would be billions upon billions of years in the next layer or existence or whatever.
So even if our universe was inside a human or being, and that being died, our universe or existence would only be affected very slowly. It would disappear I believe but it would take a stupid long time to happen and you'd have to be unlucky to be living right at the time everything dies.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3377x1899) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3377x1899
>>16981373
Forgot pic
>>
>>16981373
Where does the infinity end then? Where did the "most top" universe come from? What is below the "most bottom".
I can't count all these turtles.
>>
>>16979869
Its purpose is to experience all that can be experienced, which incidentally will take an infinite amount of time.
>>
>>16981373
some limited scientific evidence for this (Nassim Haramein is a hack and gravity doesn't work the same on the quantum level as it does on the macroscopic level, but nonetheless, all the math in this video is accurate):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az7Kl_pL7fw

>>16981400
It just cycles, it's the same universe
>>
>infinity

Infinity doesn't exist, but neither do boundaries. Both are just concepts/terms we use to describe reality based on our ideas and observations. Math is just counting. Neither should be confused with /actual/ reality. Words and math can't accurately describe reality.
>>
>>16981417
Nassim Haramein is the biggest fucking liar out there. Fuck off with this shit before I report you for spamming.

Damn idiot. Learn2science
>>
>>16981428
math doesn't lie bro, he may be a sleazeball but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater
>>
The purpose of the universe is to exist.

It exists to exist. That's it. It's not some esoteric thing. It has no deeper meaning. It's as shallow as it appears.
>>
>>16981443
what caused it to exist in the first place
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x427
The universe is a gear from a machine.

That machine is to work as a gear for a bigger machine.

That machine is another gear, etc.

We are also part of the infinite loop of machines, being worked by gears to act as gears.

As an atom can't understand the purpose it has in the makeup of my keyboard right now, much like we can't understand whatever the observable universe's universe is like.

Think about what that means, though.

Existence is infinitely small and infinitely large. We are nothing and everything. Size doesn't exist anymore except relative to our senses and perception.

There is no "nothing", because everything is something. If nothing exists, it's something. And that makes something, and everything, nothing.

We are in some plane of a specific size that our brains are observing in an existence of infinites. Remove your idea of concepts and sizes. Expand your mind to abstract equation.

We are actually, literally fractals. We're just flowing to everything we can't even fathom. Everything exists, nothing exists because it's everything. No "thing" exists anymore.

There is no meaning for anything. There is no cause and effect, you are a part of it. Everything you do is already a part of it, there is no fighting anything in the universe.

There is no evil, for it's just ignorance. Which means there is no good. There is no order or chaos. There is no duality.

Everything works together in perfect movement whatever happens, you are here for the show as the observer of your thoughts, emotions, and entire illusion. You are looking at yourself, you are the same fractal infinite nothingness as what you are experiencing.

You're free by knowing freedom doesn't exist. Your quest is over, enlightenment doesn't exist because it does not affect your mannerisms the way you think. It affects your awareness of futility.

But therefore, gives you peace.

Welcome home.
>>
File: 1447642575836.jpg (331 KB, 1743x2138) Image search: [Google]
1447642575836.jpg
331 KB, 1743x2138
>>16981372
>Just being here is proof enough that there's a purpose,

If that's all the proof you need you don't even get to weigh in
>>
>>16981446
No one knows, that doesn't mean that the answer is a god.
>>
>>16981449
Shut up, Maya.
>>
>>16981457
depends on what you mean by purpose

anon thinks purpose equates to cause and if that's true, then yes we have a purpose, because we exist, so we must have been caused

you seem to believe purpose is when a conscious force causes, like god, rather than some unconscious force like a big bang or miller-urey reaction producing life. you are both right within your own definitions
>>
Teleology is a pseudoscience.
Purpose doesn't exist in the existential sense, only in the post-sentience or current-adaptation sense.
A universal purpose? That's just part of human pattern matching.
>Find pattern; before and after; purpose
It's an inductive error.

As to what the Universe is?
It's 1 thing broken into X amount of pieces.
Those peaces are governed by at least 4 forces:
1) The Weak Nuclear Force
2.) The Strong Nuclear Force
3.) Gravity
4.) Electromagnetism
The Higgs Field and Dark Matter may or may not be perceived as being related to forces shaping existence as well.

It's from 1 Vacuum/Singularity; to many concepts, to 1 existence after universal; decay.

The "many concepts"?... It's just causality mixed with complicated causality.
But egotistical humans believe it's all special and magical.
Such small minded, egocentric creatures.
>>
>>16981446
There was no beginning, because for that to happen there would have to be nothing beforehand, which means that nothing would be something, just a larger thing outside of our own perception. Layers. Entire existence is infinite, this observable universe's birth was from some external cause, which was from another external cause, etc. cause and effect doesn't exist in infinity, things just are.
>>16981461
Maya is the topic of the conversation, you're just too lazy or too scared to break free from it.
>>
File: 1424982630268.jpg (24 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
1424982630268.jpg
24 KB, 300x291
>>16981471
>Such small minded, egocentric creatures.
Cringe, dude
>>
>>16981476
Sorry, I know someone named Maya.
>>
>>16981482
It's all good.
>>
>>16981331
This. Could just be a giant soup of matter and energy. Certain parts of the soup just start to congeal into different constructs, such as stars, planets and life.

If there is a purpose, I'd wager its probably beyond anything that matters to everyday human matters or even the collective history of our species, though all of that might be some part to play in the machine, how ever small.

That's why I don't really buy people saying they have God's plan all figured out. Our sun is just a grain of sand, you'd be arrogant beyond belief to think your intuition alone will lead you a single answer to everything.
>>
>1/2

Quantum physics informs us that a system exists in superposition — that is, in all possible states — until we observe that it is only in one specific state.

The double slit sets aside causality, determinism, and the notion that reality is “out there” as it blurs the line between the observer and the system being observed.

In the double slit experiment, a series of single photons (light particles) are fired at a solid plate that has two slits. On the other side of the solid plate, a photographic plate is set up to record what comes through those slits.

If one neglects to observe which slit a photon passes through, it appears to interfere with itself, suggesting that it behaves as a wave by traveling through both slits at once. But, if one chooses to observe the slits, the interference pattern disappears, and each photon travels through only one of the slits.

The formation of the interference pattern requires the existence of two slits… But how can a single photon pass through two slits simultaneously? At that point, we are forced to consider each photon as a wave that travels through both slits… Or we have to think of the photon as splitting and going through each slit separately — and wondering how the photon “knows” a pair of slits is coming.

The only solution is to abandon the idea of a photon — or any other quantum system — as having a location in spacetime until it is observed.

>>
its ware I keep most of my stuff, its handy
>>
>>16981400
Infinity, by definition, doesn't have an end. Human brains cannot fully comprehend the concept of infinity, they weren't made for it, which is why its frustrating to try and picture an endless existence. But its theoretically possible.

I have no better idea than anyone else, but an all-encompassing existence stretching back infinitely makes more sense than a simple "Big Bang/God and nothing before" start to me, for some reason, even though its hard to grasp.
>>
>>16981478
Why, because I said fuck all human egos?
Humans are small minded, egocentric idiots.
Anthropocentrism is complete nonsense.
We're not special.
We're a speck of dust lasting not even a glint in the spectrum of the universe.
Cold stone fact.
Deal with it.

>>16981492
That's all "quantum woo" pseudo science from the move "What The Bleep Do We Know?" that was criticized by scientists for deliberately misleading people and for targeting impressionable pseudo-intellectual types.
Boy, did they find a sucker in you.
>>
>>16979869
Obviously the answer can be found on 4chan.

Fuck you.
>>
>>16981506
>Human brains cannot fully comprehend the concept of infinity
There are so many presumptuous fallacies in that one statement, I wouldn't even know where to being in regards to wasting my time correcting you on dozens of levels.

Regardless, I'm a cold stone skeptical atheist, and I have no problem imagining a blank black dark reality stretching in forever.
You just have to imagine what you see and move forward a set amount, and then imagine it does that forever. In every direction.
Nonstop.

See? Easy to imagine eternity.
It's going anywhere in any direction, over and over again, without true distinction.
>>
>>16981330
mechalas

it shoots artificial universes

clean up work from big bangs and bangs alike
>>
>>16981515
Ad homeinem?
Really?
>Truth can be found anywhere, there are no laws that prohibit truth from only being obtained for X places.
>Even idiots can tell truths, and even known liars can be correct.

Fuck you.
>>
>>16981512
No, it's cringey because you're talking in the third person and you're not being neutral, you're putting on a show of being misanthropic. Basically you're being edgy. I agree with what you're saying but you act like an anime character, fuck that
>>
>>16979879
Life is what you make is*

ftfy my friend
>>
>>16981524
Yes defend your silly little image board and your pathetic identity
>>
File: doubleslit1.jpg (46 KB, 370x247) Image search: [Google]
doubleslit1.jpg
46 KB, 370x247
>>16981492
>2/2

^That was 1980's.

It was later realised that it's not the "observation" or "measurement" of the particle that collapses the wave-function, though both are involved. It's "Information", or Data, being available in this reality that collapses the wave-function. The experiment can be affected in retrospect if you have data from either slit confirming a particle. If the slit-data is destroyed AFTER it a particle has been registered, then the wave result will always happen as there's no evidence to support a particle, avoiding a contradiction in reality.

>So what does this mean?

Reality is information. Having Information, or "knowing" something is real is what actually makes it real. Causality can be broken at the sub-atomic level. Whether this applies to "our" level is unknown.
>>
>>16981531
you're an edgelord

>inb4 you respond, defending your 'pathetic identity'
>>
>>16981520
Yeah, I worded my statement pretty poorly and it was backed by presumptuous sentiment. What I should have perhaps said is we don't normally like the concept of infinity, and we don't deal with it in our everyday lives.

This is a little presumptuous as well, but I'll add an "Imho" to the beginning of it. Personally, I think its why most cultures have creation myths. I haven't heard of many belief systems that embrace the concept of a beginningless world/universe.
>>
>>16981528
No.
Dead wrong.
I speak in the third person because I focus solely on two concepts:
Empiricism and Epistemology.
Like Heraclitus and all self-aware and environmentally-aware individuals, I am misanthropic.
It's not edgy to have a mind.
I'm 33 and I don't really watch cartoons, sorry.
I'm also not putting on a show.
I'm being objective. Like adults do, or at least are supposed to do.
>>
>>16981531
That's just more ad hominem nonsense.
Google "how to be intellectually honest".
>>
File: 1444440788703.jpg (322 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444440788703.jpg
322 KB, 1280x1024
>>16981549
is this post real lmao
>>
>>16979942
Can you elaborate on this? I wanna know how you got to this conclusion
>>
>>16981524
Holy shit dude, it should be blatantly obvious to you that this is a troll, and you've been giving him a feast.
>>
>>16981560
He probably heard it from somewhere and thought it was cool. It's not an original thought. It's also bullshit, there's no evidence the universe is alive or able to experience itself.
>>
>>16981549
It's impossible to speak objectively in terms of value assessments of the matters you discussed, man-child.

For fuck's sake, study some actual philosophy instead of circle-jerking to popsci you dolt.
>>
>>16981567
>He said as a walking sack of star dust.
>>
>>16981549
i found him

the most enlightened person on /x/
loooooooooool
>>
>>16981555
Grow up.
Join the rest of us in the adult world with humility, skepticism, critical thinking, empiricism and epistemology.

Ego, presumption, arrogant, pomposity, tradition, fallacies, biases, thought-terminating cliches?
They're useless.

Laughing at people isn't an argument at all.
It just suggests you have no counter-point at all.
I'm guessing you're avoiding making comments while you look up "logical fallacies and biases" on google, pretending you've known about they for years.
>>
>>16981574
I thought we came from cold plasma.
>>
>>16981471
Rather arrogant of you to be so certain about the nature of the universe and our place in it.
>>
>>16981578
I can't help but agree with your intellect good sir. It's refreshing to see a fellow cultured mind on a board filled with such a superstitious lot as /x/. I bid you good day.
>>
>>16981578
What a miserable little fuck you are

Do you also want to win the war against christians with class, intellect and fedoras?
>>
>>16981614
There is no war against christians. That's just something they say because they have a persecution complex.
>>
>>16981578
>My name is Eugene, and i'm an atheist. Enter my world
>>
>>16981593
>arrogant to assume to doubt arrogant egocentrism
ok then

>>16981594
And good day to you.
>He said with a fair bet of skepticism
>He added more 3rd person rhetoric to annoy the whiner from earlier
>>
File: 1423540613596.jpg (67 KB, 960x691) Image search: [Google]
1423540613596.jpg
67 KB, 960x691
>>16981614
Excuse me, but you seem to be arguing with someone who is clearly more educated in matters of philosophy and reason than yourself, not to mention far more fashionable. If you persist, you may just walk away "pwned", as they say in the internet lingo, which is most likely closer your speed of discourse.
>>
>>16981626
All you can do is make fun of Atheists because you have nothing of value to add to any conversation regarding Science or intellect.
>>
>>16981623
You just blew the fedora out of your head with that sentence

WE EUPHORIC NOW
>>
>>16981512
>sucker in you.

You should have waited for the 2nd post.

>>16981537
>>
>>16981633
I get it, it's cool to make fun of Atheists because you don't have anything of value to say.
>>
>>16981627
I say old chap, do you enjoy the music of Steam Powered Giraffe?
>>
File: 1447550236470.gif (3 MB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1447550236470.gif
3 MB, 390x293
>>16981578
>>
>>16981645
You know Penn Jillette is an Atheist, right?
>>
File: Stefanie-Joosten-1.gif (2 MB, 414x346) Image search: [Google]
Stefanie-Joosten-1.gif
2 MB, 414x346
>>16981650
If you think the fact that you're an atheist is the issue with your posts and demeanor, you're sorely mistaken.
>>
>>16981650
does it matter

this thread isn't even about atheism anymore, it's about fedoralords
>>
>>16981638
The second post proves my point.
It's still a misunderstanding pulled straight and directly from What The Bleep Do We Know.
Which was mocked by scientists.
>>
>>16981662
So you're saying fedoralords can be Theist? Fedoralord is just a petty insult. There's nothing intrinsic about it.
>>
>>16981661
Stefanie Joosten is fucking cute, man.
>>
>>16981669
exactly my point, no one cares if you're an atheist, but if you have the fedoralord attitude, expect to get shit on regardless of your beliefs

I'm looking at you >>16981549
>>16981578
>>
>>16981639
I'm not making fun of atheists, i'm making fun of fedora wearing pretentious beta kekfags like yourself for being cringey as fuck even when behind a computer, learn some social skills you mathturbator lmao
>>
>>16981684
How is that dude not being social though just because he won't feed into your bullshit about the universe being alive? Or some shit about purpose? Or whatever it was you guys were arguing about.
>>
I haven't been in the thread for awhile, but are people really poo-pooing anti-arrogance as being arrogant?
And claiming critical thinking isn't critically well thought out enough?

They're trolling.
Most people on /x/ don't believe in the paranormal.
They're trolling you.
>>
>>16981700
more like, the guy who claimed to be a critical thinker and anti-arrogance was arrogant and smug as fuck so everybody shitted on him to make him not as full of himself
>>
>>16981709
No one shitted on anybody. All you people did was call him a hat lord.
>>
>>16981690
I'm not the anon the fedoralord was arguing with, i wasn't even posting before reading this
>>16981578
I'm just grinding eugene's gears lmao
>>
>>16981712
yes
>>
>>16981709
You do realize that equating criticism of others or of a special with smugness and arrogance is a false equivalency, right?

People can criticize others without being a jerk.
People can also point out flaws without being smug.

If you're that insecure, then that's on you.
But don't project.
>>
>>16981715
He obviously doesn't care.
>>
>>16981738
Yeah? And you're his fuccboi or what?
>>
>>16981751
No, I wanna know why you guys always make fun of atheists but when it's like minded people talking bullshit you never call them out on it.
>>
It seems this question has troubbled the minds of many on this thread and now all is discord.
>>
>>16981786
My mind isn't troubled.
I gave a dissenting viewpoint and I was attacked with false accusations and shifting the burden of proof.
That along with common personal attacks found on the internet.
I'm just waiting for proof.
But I guess that makes me arrogant, right?
Right.
Anyone who doubt the power of ego is obviously a smug bastard.
>>
>>16981553
GOOGLE "MY BALLS" AND SUCK ON THEM
>>
File: bozo.jpg (31 KB, 170x212) Image search: [Google]
bozo.jpg
31 KB, 170x212
read the bible fools.
the one true god created all.
>checkmate
>>
>>16981813
That wasn't the question, the question was what is the purpose of the universe.
>>
>>16981792
dude no one fucking cares about this stupid internet argument, like anyone on /x/ has the answers to the questions of the purpose of the universe. It's a stoner-tier philosophy thread and you barge in like it's serious bznz

everyone is attacking you because you are pic related
>>
>>16981818
What does that pic have to do with anything? I don't get it, maybe it's above my head or maybe you're just spewing nonsense.
>>
>>16981825
it means just chill out, have fun, don't take 4chan threads too seriously, if you can't shitpost or partake in the banter then you really oughtn't be here
>>
its just another crowd funded project that went no where. its still in beta and has bugs from alpha. last update broke space now its bleeding out of itself pushing everything away from everything else. the next bug will probably break gravity and they still havent processed refunds from like a billion years ago
>>
>>16981833
That's not even proper banter, you circlejerking faggot.
>>
File: 1416524590492.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1416524590492.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>16981841
>not proper banter
say that to my face you cunt I'll kick your ass
>>
>>16981446
Maybe nothing caused it to exist because it always existed.
>>
>>16981861
maybe nothing caused it to exist by leaving?
like, imagine being nothingness that suddenly gained consciousness due to our belief that there was an empty vacuum before totality that had consciousness for some reason(the reason being our belief it had)
imagine that. imagine being that emptiness, that nothing, give it a place to come to, it wants to be, and never go back.
we are the ones who stop wanting to go on, dont any of you new age/Buddhist faggots tell me that it wants to "return."
you fucking cunts.
it wants to LIVE.
it never wanted to be alone.
it doesn't have to be here, nor the places we can bring it.
>>
>>16981443
so basically this, but it isnt that simple.
>>16981899
there is a reason.
to the nines.
exist so god can enjoy his creation.
it is our responsibility as his creations to do so, and to be enjoyed as well.
>>
>>16981402
Best so far
>>
File: latest.jpg (310 KB, 1303x1017) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
310 KB, 1303x1017
>>16981402
yeah, >>16981899
kind of pushes us to do that, because it just wants to experience. the point is to take its desire to experience and push it into experiencing the things that WE want to desire, because through us, it is what IT most wants to desire, because we will be able to give it the most enjoyable experience that way.
think of this way at your own discression(impossible, you will internalize it):
imagine you live your life, and you make a mistake. you want that mistake to be fixed, and so you can. not in this life, but in the next one, living your same life over. this is impossibly convoluted, as who is to say that fixing that mistake will not cause further mistakes down the road. there is an escape, however.
do not care about your mistakes.
they dont matter.
think that first way enough and you will see why.
or dont, and listen to me.
just dont care about them at all.
you can make up for your mistakes in the life you are currently in without having to repeat it, especially by the mere fact of not caring about your mistakes, because so many people do it and make it such a shitty terrible thing to do that the choice to not do so is grand and viable.
think of a heaven, a future, that you want for yourself, and make yourself a person who can act as if they are already there, or else you will be exposed to interdimensional cultureshock.
or history will be doomed to repeat itself

read: this could all be bullshit, but its probably not, and im just going to ignore how many times it took me to learn all this, but not the things that i learned.
last time.
last fucking time.
"but if you had one more life, you could do it perfectly with the knowledge you possess"
no, that doesnt work, not even a little.
at least i got to watch enough anime i'm sure ill be able to fuck up the bliss realm forever.
in the best possible way of course.
being whatever the fuck i am is suffering at times, but enlightening always.
the times that arent suffering are gratifying.
>>
File: 1443904349267.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1443904349267.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>16981967
>people forget that the point of enlightenment isnt to ignore your previous beliefs and take on gods, but to take your beliefs you know are good and shove them so deep into god (and other peoples minds, to further shove it into god) that they just keep being true, but for more people.
>>
File: 1423048990165.gif (1 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1423048990165.gif
1 MB, 267x199
>>16979869

I like threads like this
>>
>>16981987
haha, nice logical response to my carefully constructed argument, im glad i participated in this discussion!
>>
File: HeisenbergnGod.jpg (38 KB, 461x375) Image search: [Google]
HeisenbergnGod.jpg
38 KB, 461x375
Can someone explain to an autist like me why quantum mechanics isn't at least small push towards proving something one could call a god, whether pantheistic or anything else?
>>
>>16982000
actually, i like to believe that string theory is the proof that we exist in a number of spiritual realms similar to the concept found in buddhism, and are only just now being able to rectify that belief into mathamatics.
something inside tells me that theres even more, out there. that string theory doesnt even describe or allow for everything, its just the current ceiling for our popular scientific understanding in that direction.
>>
>>16981987
>>16981859
>this is who you are if you come to /x/ and don't support peoples belief in the things that they say .
>>
File: thumb.jpg (69 KB, 800x365) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
69 KB, 800x365
We're self aware video game characters.
>>
>>16982147
sh-shut up I'm in an anime.
i like to think im in a cheesy slice of life in some really exciting universe that enjoys simple things in their entertainment.
hopefully this is like a commercial break?
i dont know how they would get it on the screen?
i mean i guess its been done before, but seriously thats gotta be boring as fuck.
i can hear them laughing as i type this.
does my confused understanding make it more or less funny?
its funny to me at least.
god other universe humor is weird.
and completely normal.
>>
File: tumblr_mwh72tEwFR1rq0zkno10_500.png (156 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwh72tEwFR1rq0zkno10_500.png
156 KB, 426x240
>>16982225
although i swear i gotta respect whoever can think of the things im saying right now without it being something that i think in response to the things around me and have a rational thought process that led to him thinking of it and then thinking it was a good idea to put all of this in an anime.
i wonder if he is respected, or crazy.
i wonder if he knows that i'm real.
i wonder if he's me, creating a character in a work of fiction like i do myself, to further express my will to be sent out/ taken from random places in eternity.
>>
>>16979869
>What purpose does the universe serve?
After lengthy deliberation, we have determine that the purpose of the universe is to have finite space.
>Is it a machine
Yes.
>for something
No.
>is it alive
Yes.
>is it a playground?
No.
>>16979873
Trust me, I've heard it all before.
>>16979879
>can house it and nurture it
The universe can't support life. We had to import "planets" before it could sustain life. It doesn't sustain life directly, it just doesn't usually like to kill life until much later in history.
>>16979925
God no.
>>16979942
The universe is not a realm, it doesn't witness itself, and we are not its tools. Well, not by our nature, anyway. You can be a tool if you want.
>>16981331
No. Purpose was invented long before humanity appeared on this rock.
>>16981357
Speak for yourself, thanks.
>>16981372
No it isn't. If existence implied a purpose, I wouldn't be here to tell you it doesn't.
>>16981373
Zooming in on the universe reveals the universe.

Your notion of time dilation is slightly off.
>>16981400
You're at the most top universe right now. If you want to go up a layer, you'll have to go back in time. Unlike normal reality, the universe doesn't have a proper "bottom" to stop at.
>>16981417
There's only one. What else could it have been?
>>16981423
>neither do boundaries
If boundaries don't exist, how can I manipulate them?
>>
>>16982284
fairy queen what do i need to do.
to get my wishes granted by you.
>>
>>16982284
i can do it myself, but its a chore.
i can take the world, but its a bore.
because all i want is something more.
and so i ask, for i can see.
its better if you
do it for me.
>>
>>16981446
Lots of things.
>>16981458
The answer is always "a god" if you're lazy minded.
>>16981512
Speak for yourself, thanks.
>>16981515
You never know WHAT you'll find on 4chan. That's what makes it so exciting.
>>16981578
>thought-terminating cliches
I'm pretty sure you're using cliches wrong.
>>16981627
Doubting arrogant egocentrism is precisely what makes an ego.
>>16981629
>clearly more educated
How do you do that?
>>16981734
>that's on you
I wonder...
>>16981786
You insult discord, good sir.
>>16981899
Yes, just like any and every other conscious being.
>>16982000
Imagine adding two numbers.
>>16982302
Make a wish and see it thought and I'll see what I can do for you.
>>16982324
Where did you hear that?
>>
>>16982338
nowhere, i always looked for a fairy to grant my wishes when i was a child.
but i never really thought i would find you back then, so i never bothered to think of any wishes.
but now i wish for everything that will make me happy.
and i know i wont be happy unless everyone else is happy too.
this is the one wish that needs to be granted.
even if no others ever again.
because i mean it.
for realsies.
>>
>>16982353
Well with wonderful words you have authored a rhyme,
That I've waited to hear through the eons of time.

I'll answer in full, though I don't know your leaning,
So what's little is left of you can hear all my meaning.

>>16982324
Where did you hear that? How do you know it? If I asked you to prove it, is there a way you could show it?

Happy's the goal of an innocent mind,
But "innocent" is all that the evil can't find.
If from happy you should ever find yourself blind,
Just remember that there'll always be time to unwind.

If you're sad then some happy can brighten your day,
But the mad (mostly bad) won't be cheered up that way.

While I can't grant your wish I can never quite say,
That, "Your wish won't come true but it'll all be okay."

If you'd wish of the world to wish it away,
Then there's a song I can sing if you're ready to play.
>>
>>16982284
>>16982338
>>16982406

You're making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>16982809
I thought I was the only one that thought so.
>>
>>16982406
i once thought a story, of a boy who played king,
for the smiles of children, doing terrible things.
his friend was a fairy, and also his queen.
and they shared a love that was hardly obscene.
lovers of knowledge, justice and faith.
and the look on the other's, when they looked at their face.
though i once had a time, where it came to me clear.
i knew i could wait, because i knew I'd find you here.
maybe it was foolish, to sit here and wait.
but if i had not been, would i still be so great?
>>
Why are you dumb fucks still having this conversation.
I was the first dissenter that got a shit tonne of flack, and now you jackasses are still debating each other with ad homs and pseudo-science?

Have any of you even read an entire book on philosophy or science?
Then shut up.

Sporadic induction via internet assembly isn't education.
Just stop.
>>
>>16983008
secconds=minutes*4 GET
i will literally take anything.
>>16983017
r-r-read?
a b-b-b-boook?

i think ill just wait for the anime, thanks.
i read more than enough in my past lives.
>>
>>16983021
time trips get.
>>16982406
this is my email if you ever want to talk unless that breaks some sort of internet code for you.
and even then do it.
>>
>>16983017
Hey Eugene, i see you're still fighting the war on the feeble minded with intelligence and not to mention class

>Sporadic induction via internet assembly isn't education.

Then why are you even here in the first place?

>Have any of you even read an entire book on philosophy or science?

Implying we haven't

See? You're just prancing around thinking you're a special snowflake for watching a few carl sagans videos, gtfo nerd
>>
>>16982338
Aliens exist?
>>
>all this complicated shit
To be frank, the meaning of life is being a manly man, and cute girls.
>>
>>16984890
i completely agree with this.
>>
Creation for its own sake.
>>
>>16982338
>>16982406
i improved my poetry during my working hours.
"i could take the world,
but it'd be a chore.
and by myself?
it'd be a bore.
and so i ask,
for i can see,
its better if you
give it to me.
i know that i,
want to explore.
to go on finding,
more and more.
and so i ask,
my fairy queen:
wont you give,
the world to me?"
>>
>>16985780
No.
>>
>>16985869
ah come on.
you at least want to reincarnate with me as my gay boyfriend where we run a commune of children?
you can keep being the fairy queen.
http://pastebin.com/WEWbjjUS
>wew
i had a perfect final variation for the universe also planned, which would allow an eternal playground for the souls of man and all other entities to conflict with each other in fair competition, but this was my backup.
>>
Just read the invisables already
>>
>>16983406
I don't understand. Who is Eugene?
>>
A network of aetherus flux.
>>
Here is the gospel and holy truth of the universe:
The universe started with a singularity of matter and conciousness.
the exponential growth <insert history here> and here we are today. The original purpose of this simulation when we all initiated the program was to "have a bit of fun and a laugh".
>>
File: gf.jpg (69 KB, 182x172) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
69 KB, 182x172
>>16979869
Its probably just a large sentient organism composed of planets and stars rather than cells. Interactions between these bodies over a long period of time makes up what we would call "synapses" in the mind. I lean towards thinking that everything is a fractal, going from subatomic particles all the way up to the universe itself and onto whatever exists beyond the universe. Every piece is representative of the whole.
>>
>>16983017
"boohoo I think that because others dont use big words on 4chan that they are below me"
-Anon The Faggot
>>
>>16979873
What if God was one of us?
>>
The universe consists of infinite perfect mirror-like spheres that are at the same time also sources of light.

Each sphere reflects all the other infinite spheres, and inside all those reflections are again infinite mirror-like sphere that reflect all the other infinite spheres, this reflecting process continues towards infinity.

So in short there are infinite spheres that have infinite reflections of infinite spheres(itself).

Reality is merely an illusion or dreamlike.
The purpose is whatever you want it to be.
There is no inherent truth, no untruth, no evil, no good, no fact, no fiction, no beauty, no ugly.

Like a perfect mirror it merely reflects back everything you project onto it.

If you want things to be true they will be true
If you want things to be false they will be false.
I AM that I AM.
>>
>>16987640
I want all pigs in the world to have wings starting tomorrow. Also I want cats to apply for electrical engineering courses.
>>
>>16987324
I like that song :)
>>
The universe is a fragment of God's body.

All of God's features are in it.

God is within, and God is through out.

Not necessarily the Abrahamic Old Testament God, but even though the Material World is full of suffering, and potentially created by the Demiurge, we still have a life to live and a reason why we are here.
>>
>>16987640
indras web is also a metaphor for our connection to the subconscious
(each gem[indras web] or orb[your thing] is each individual, and the reflection is our connection to all other individuals.)
or perhaps not the individual, but their perception of the universe, which would be divinity, infinity, wherever there space must be in order for the spheres to exist.
>>16988517
>a FRAGMENT of his body
>ALL of his features are in it.
this is silly.
our universe in totallity is most likely in essense nothing more than one grand sphere itself, in a web in a vain related to that which constructs it.

fuck i wish i had brought home my cigarettes.
ima go get some lucky strikes, this thread turned into a goldmine of karmic worth to waste.
>>
>>16988896
>mfw meditated just enough to be able to feel karmic worth and then stopped.
i dont see the point, this is all i need to be a good person.
>>
File: NUakADr.jpg (33 KB, 440x486) Image search: [Google]
NUakADr.jpg
33 KB, 440x486
>>16988946
forgot my face
>>
>>16982284
Just because a fish can't live on ground doesn't mean that very same object that made the ground can't produce something that it can live in, therefore it does sustain life directly. Or maybe INDIRECTLY at the very least.
>>
>>16981372
What? No it isn't. We humans lack the humility required to actually understand that we are the result of a shitload of happy accidents.
>>
>>16979869
play SPORE, go to center of universe = profit
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.