[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mysterious/Strange phone calls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 111.png (125 KB, 555x413) Image search: [Google]
111.png
125 KB, 555x413
Has anyone here ever gotten creepy or mysterious phone calls/texts? Like blocked numbers calling you at 2am
>>
>>16975112
For the past week or so my family has been getting phone messages. All they do is slowly beep every few seconds and then hang up. Anyone else has this?
>>
After my brother died I got a text message from him. Just said I love you beo.
>>
>>16975129
Is it a 1-888 number? I got a lot of those a little while ago. The voice mails were like Morse code beeps, and when I answered it was just nothing.
>>
Call this bullshit if you will, I know what we heard.

Around a month after we buried one of our best friends, we started getting strange voice mails.

I don't remember what I was doing exactly at the time, but I remember getting a voicemail notification on my phone and noticing a missed call from an unknown number. This was in 2011, by the way. I thought it was strange that I got a voicemail without my phone ringing for me to miss the call or send it to voicemail, but I checked it anyway. What I heard can only be described in a few ways: It was distant, it sounded mechanical, and it sounded like it was 'on the wind' ala 'coming and going'. There was something there, but it wasn't discernible.

I hit '9' on the keypad which saves the voicemail for later listening because I knew this was something strange.

Fast forward to me going over to a friend's house later that week. He told me that he had been sitting in the kitchen a few days prior with his brother at the time when an extremely quick, mechanical sounding "BITCH!" was heard. Both of them asked if the other one heard it and after confirmation they bolted out of the house.

After hearing his story, I mentioned that I had gotten a really strange voicemail from an unknown number. My friend turned white and said that he and his brother both had the same issue. Voice mails that cannot be explained with the same description that I gave to you all earlier.

I hurried up and called my voicemail, as did he, so we could compare them and see if they were the same thing.

It was gone.

I know I saved it, as it said "Message Saved" after I hit 9.

His was also gone.

We both knew we had these strange voice mails, we both believed one another as this is a subject that neither of us would be joking about.

(cont)
>>
>>16975516

Some time after this occurrence, I was on the phone with another friend of mine, catching up on what has been going on with the two of us.

He mentioned that he had gotten a strange voicemail, something that he couldn't explain what was said. Then he said that when he went to go listen to it again, it had deleted itself.

I then explained what happened to myself, as well as our mutual friends with their own phones.

Every now and then the subject of it will be brought up and we still have no explanation as to what happened. We all got the same strange voicemail and the anomaly of "BITCH!" was heard by two people I trust with my life.

Is there life after death? I'm not sure. I don't know what to make of what happened to all of us, but I know what I heard. I can only go on the strength of these people's character with their own accounts. I believe them. I didn't even share my own story before they recounted theirs.

I want to believe that this was our friend, that of which we all loved like family, trying to give us a little bit of either a "Hey, I love and miss you and I'm fine" or a "Hey, I'm burning in a fire greater than the understanding of humankind."

I believe more in the former.

Thanks for reading, I've never told this story to anyone besides my core group of friends who were all friends with the deceased.
>>
Got an strange call during july (I think, not really sure but was this year) around 5am.

Longs story short, was talking with a friend and discussing some weird shit about time and saying nonsenses. Then, during that discussion, the phone rings and we both look at it, after a few rings I answer and says "hello" but didn't hear a comeback nor any other sound; keep listening for a few more secs and finally drop the call.

Pretty weird.
>>
Happened a couple of months ago.

>phone rings
>pick up
>garbled voices that seem to be arguing, but not speaking in any language I know of, can't pick up what they're trying to say but it also sounds like there's a sad child in the background
>goes on for like 2-5 mins
>hangs up
>phone call from another number
>same sounds
>was able to pick up a phrase "its the same bloke!"
>drops call again
>another call about an hour later
>silence
>I hang up

Up until now I'm like "the fuck was that?"
>>
Lots of weird calls.

In 2011/12 I used to receive phone calls that appeared to be from a girl crying. She wouldn't say anything, just cry. One day she asked for help and I asked her what could I do. After that, the calls stopped.
-
I worked briefly at my grandfather's office also in 2012, and I would always get calls that were just the noise from a recording device. They didn't play anything, just sounded like a tape recorder, spinning slowly. I would get them always at the same time and always when I happened to be alone in the office.
-
A few months ago my grandmother's brother died. On the day he died, the doorman at our building said he had stopped by to check on us. This was at the exact time he was pronounced dead. When we said to the doorman that he had died, his face went completely blank and he showed us the guest book and his signature was actually there, with the time we got in and out beside it and all.

About that, a few weeks ago, his widow dreamed she received a phone call on his previous cellphone. She answered it and it was him, he said it was very hard in the beginning to accept everything, but he was fine now and watching over us all.
>>
>>16975530
Aaron Paul died?
>>
ITT: Indrid Cold
>>
i get a few. odd number and nothing but a beep then silence, some guy calling from another unknown number asking if __ is home then hanging up once i said yes. first one is some probably some failed auto dialing thing. no clue on the second
>>
Posted this before a long time ago:

>Stay at parents house as my own house is being renovated
>Parents on vacation
>Their phone rings at 23:something on the first day they went on vacation
>Pick up the phone, hear something, but they hang up
>This goes on for a few days
>Annoyed, decide not to answer anymore
>2 nights later, I wake up because of noise in the backyard
>Go check, hear noise, nothing to see
>Next day see footprints near the fence
>Call the cops, explain the situation
>"The local travel agency sold your parents data to criminals. When people are on vacation often nobody is home so they can make their move. They call to check if nobody is home."
>Tell my parents to avoid the travel agency and to never tell strangers when they go on holidays.
>>
I got a phone call one day when I was like 13-14 can't remember but over 10 years ago anyway. Was just at home alone and the phone rang (lan line) so I answered it (we had a caller ID device but I don't recall whether it was Private or just a random number, either way it wasn't one I knew).

I answered it and it was a little girl, sounded I dunno between 4-5 years old, not a toddler but not really old enough to be in school for more than a year or so either. "I want my mommy" she said, and I'm from New Zealand but it was an American accent from memory so I will spell it like that rather than with the usual "u" (mummy, which non-UK/Aussies/NZers will find weird anyway, but I digress).

Anyway I asked her a few times where her mum was, where she was, if she was lost etc, and after repeating herself a couple more times it went quiet and she hung up.

And that was it, no more random phone calls, at least not related to this one. Not really that PARANORMAL but it was pretty weird now I look back on it. Sure it could've been some kid who found her mums phone and dialed a random number or a prank call by some kids, but what if it was something more sinister? Kidnapped child, lost somewhere then tried to get home etc? Guess i'll never know but I remember feeling a bit spooked afterward.
>>
I get phone calls occasionally from a drunk woman I don't know from a NYC number, About 2 a month. She is always slurring and asking me about people I don't know. Not sure if it's paranormal or just a crazy drunk woman

She called once when I was with my sister and my sister took the phone and started talking to her and she said your brother used to be my lover. She sounds like she's from Staten island of she's Italian and I definitely do not know her
>>
File: WATCH OUT.jpg (6 KB, 133x226) Image search: [Google]
WATCH OUT.jpg
6 KB, 133x226
>>16975112
WATCH OUT SNAKE
>>
>>16975516
>>16975530
>hello here is my 2 post autistic rant about random voice message with no meaning
>also is there life after death lolz totally unrelated but it's greater than the mankind
2/10
>>
I live in Mexico (a northern state), I was on my computer doing my usual round of 'wasting time' and suddenly I get a call from an unknown number, this happened two more times in a row. At first I answered in Spanish but then I switched to English but nobody replied, after this I investigated the number and it was from 'Turks and Caicos Islands'. I was like WTF, why would anyone from there call me! Must of been some glitch on the network.
>>
>>16976461
In Mexico is kindda dangerous answer unknown numbers ¿it's not?
>>
>>16975112
My dad got a call on our home phone this year on father's day. The person said something along the lines of "I'm going to kill you, [my dad's name]" in a weird voice, then hung up. Dunno who it was, and haven't heard anything since. It was probably a prank but it was pretty weird.
>>
File: lol.jpg (47 KB, 396x386) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
47 KB, 396x386
>>16975516
>Hey, I love and miss you and I'm fine
>BITCH
>>
>ring ring
>hello?
>[HEAVY BREAHTING]
>hangs up

probably dialed the wrong number but I heard burglars like to call to check if someone's home to i was freaked out as a kid.

also , happened to a friend
>ring ring
>hello?

>I'll cut you up like a fish
>hangs up

it was a prank but still...
>>
>>16976487
Why, it could be phone extortionists but that is no big deal just tell them to fuck off and hang up. If the local cartel wants you, they're not going call beforehand.
>>
I haven't bothered to put my name on the do-not-call list yet and i get mysterious calls from india all day and night. If someone is trying to fuck with me they're getting lost in the noise.
>>
Got a call at 3am-ish
>Hello is this [first and last name]
I'm dead tired from being waken up, so I just mutter "wat"
>... Sorry, wrong number

I didn't recognize the voice, but the caller identified me with my first and last name, so he knew who he was calling. Nothing happened and no one ever called back, but it was a bit spooky at the time.
>>
>>16975848

Yes, tragic.

No, it was something they called all of us, all the time. It was pretty much their catch phrase, just like Jessie.
>>
>>16975924

Someone had dicks for breakfast.

>>16976522

Yeah, pretty much. After the initial excitement from it, we all had a good laugh.

I guess some people have never had someone very close to them pass away. You're really strange feeling for a time afterward until it finally sinks in that you'll never interact with them again. Plus, I don't care what people 'believe' in, we would all like some kind of sign from someone we loved.

People are entirely too cynical.
>>
>>16975516
what do you mean by 'mechnical"
>>
>>16975129
>>16975307
mite b a fax machine
>>
Good timing. For months at a time, I get voicemails from someone at least twice a week, no certain schedule. Then they just stop. It can be 6 months - a year before it starts all over again. I just got one last thursday, it's likely I'll get more this week.

It's always a weird message about needing help. There are two that are repeated most often - needing help getting home, and not being able to fall asleep. It's a woman's voice, an american accent. When I call back, there is no voice mailbox whatsoever, it just goes to dialtone which is weird to hear these days no matter what the circumstances. But when I do get a pickup, it's often something like a sharp inhale (as if they're surprised someone called?). Rarely there's even someone talking in the background.

I've tried on multiple phones/ numbers including a couple of those cheap burners, but they don't end up calling those numbers. I don't mean to dox anyone, but as far as I can tell it's not a "real" person's number. It's (six three zero) 607-8538. I look up that area code, and it's in Illinois, US. I live in the US now, but I have never been to Illinois. I learned that there are some very haunted buildings and places in that part of Illinois, but honestly I don't believe that's what is happening. I just don't know what this is. Even telemarketers are easier to get info about.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?
>>
>>16977786
I didn't even think of that. Kek. You're probably right.
I woulda mentioned this earlier but my memories foggy from all the crack and bitches so I'd forgotten it. But this number is called the whistling pickle. If you call it It's just this weird high pitched whistle tone. 19042411080. It's really weird.
>>
>>16977952
Same dude, just called that #, fuckin' weird. Saved that shit.
>>
>>16977983
Isn't it tho? There's another one that's really similar to it but I don't have the number... someone posted a bunch of weird phone numbers in a thread here a while ago.
>>
>>16977952
It's probably an old dial up BBS.
>>
bump for interest
>>
I used to get phone calls from a restricted number almost nightly between 1 and 4 a.m..

Was in my early 20s at the time so was usually up drinking or other bullshit.

Anyways, the caller never once said a word or made a sound. Would just be dead silence until I'd hang up...hell, i even left my phone on the call for a whole night and they never hung up.

The weirdest part about it is if one of my friends would drunkenly talk shit to the unknown caller, trying to get a response, they'd start getting the phone calls too. I have friends all over the state and in other states, most of them have no idea who eachother are and would have no way of knowing their phone numbers. Shit, even happened to people I was meeting for the first time.

It went on for a little over a year before it stopped. Never found out who it was or how it was done.
>>
You know if you're brave enough. You can attempt communication through white noise and see ghosts throughout the t.v. through the snow.
>>
>>16977983
Damn the crack and bitches! I just remembered something else... I found this on the oddity archive forum. It's part of some arg or something.. it's called the message desk. An actual human operator would answer. His name was troy and would only respond to certain prompts. That number is 2022042303. Its disconnected now, I've heard it comes back sometimes. There's another number that plays this recording of a guy talking about super powers and shortwave radio or something. Its hard for me to understand him, but here's the number 2029993335. This one is super creepy.
>>
A couple of times I've heard the house phone ring and when I check the number, it's the number for the house
>>
>>16978028
there's this eerie video of someone using that technique, and a woman's smiling face showed up on the screen just frozen, then it flashes and the face turns to a frown. I'll post it in this thread if i can find it.
>>
>>16975112

When I was an early teenager I got a text message from a number I didn't know.

"Did you pop yet?"

It made me uncomfortable.
>>
A couple years ago, and over the course of like a week, I would have missed calls from work at like 2:30 and 3:00 each morning. I work in a small town hardware store with like 7 employees including the guy who owns the store.

After the first time, I showed the notification to the owner, thinking maybe he was at the store for some reason, or there was like an emergency or break-in or some shit. He said that nobody was there and that the alarm had been set the entire time. One night I stayed up and waited for the call. At about 2:30, the phone rang and I answered it and literally heard the receiver being set back on the hook, and it never happened again after this. Spooked the shit out of me.
>>
>>16977988
I need to see this list and call the freaky numbers. Anyone got a link?
>>
When I was an early teenager I've heard the house phone ring from a restricted number the caller never once said a word or made a sound . Saved that shit.It's always a weird message about needing help. they called all of us
wat
real" person's number.
help
>>
>>16978028
Most freaky numbers are just for ARGs.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 459x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 459x389
Back in hs I used to get phone calls every night at 2:00 sharp. Unknown number , when I used to be angry I used to pick up the phone. Every time it was the same song playing in the background and then a sound of someone screaming and shutting doors. Still don't know who was the shitface who was behind it , but he was sharp and did it daily for 3 months. Also I don't pick up unknown caller id anymore because most of the times its from my reserve recruit officer, trust me when I say I rather be picking the phone when satan himself is on the line then the army.
>>
Not a call, but once I realized i hadn't checked my messages in a while and found a message that sounded like a female friend of mine sobbing. In between sobs, she said "It's (roommate's name)! He's.... He's dead!" and the message ended. I got on skype with my roommate the next night, so I don't know what the fuck that was about. I checked my call history, and the girl I thought it sounded like had never called me.
>>
Back in hs I used to >burn alive but once I realized I just make shit up as I go along.

No one is stalking you.
>>
>>16975883
That's fucked up, but it makes sense in a sick way. Did the travel agency get busted?

>>16976502
Also fucked up. Does your dad have any enemies?
>>
>>16975896
Might be a longshot but did you ever get a first name from this person? It just reminds me of someone i know.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-17-17-53-27.png (198 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-17-17-53-27.png
198 KB, 1440x2560
Had this shit today, I could hear heavy breathing from the other line. Probably just a prank.
>>
>>16979554
Not as far as I'm aware. My dad's a very likeable person, and gets along well with everyone he meets.
>>
Not something I experienced, but my mother did. She has a habit for exaggerating, but she doesn't just make shit up.

>Father had just passed away
>Mother is with my grandmother, my dad's mother
This was back in 2003, so my grandmother had a landline. My father himself had set up the landline so it would change the ringtone depending on who called.
>You know where this is going
>Phone starts ringing with the ringtone indicating my father is calling from our landline at our house
>No one is home at that moment
>Grandmother mutters "I can't believe Anon is gone..."
>Phone stops ringing

I don't know what to make of it, like I said, she's not one who usually makes stuff up. I'm not by any stretch of the imagination religious, but I somehow find the idea that my dead father tried to call strangely comforting.

Had anyone experienced anything similar?
>>
>inb4 who was phone
>>
A few years back my mom was getting a phone call at around 3AM for like a week. When she answered it was just a woman crying on the other end, we never found out who it was
>>
I receive a call from a number starting with 88 once a month. It's weird because every time I answer is just static. Also phone numbers of my country start with 52, not 88. It happens every month since about 3 years agp.
>>
Got several calls a few years ago on my house phone, no caller ID on those phones. I answered because I was home alone, and I thought my mother was calling me. She wasn't.
When I picked up the phone it was a man breathing heavily, he said "do you want to play a game with me?"
I asked who it was, thinking maybe one of my friends called. He asked me what I was wearing and told me the names of my family members who lived in the house, but his voice wasn't familiar and he wouldn't tell me his name. He asked again if I wanted to play a game. I hung up.
He called back several times until I told my mother and she called the police, who told me I shouldn't have answered the phone.
>>
My cousin had the uncanny ability to know when a phone was about to ring, we'd be sitting around his house and he'd suddenly say "Oh that'll be for me" and then the phone would ring. Or even better he'd get up, walk over to the phone pick it up and start talking to whoever was on the other end without it even getting a chance to ring. Happened several times when I'd phone him too, I'd just finish dialing his number and he'd answer right away: "Hello Anon" before I could say "Hey it's Anon"

This was all in the days before mobile phones and caller ID. Sadly this ability faded as he got older.
>>
>>16979458
Sorry, I didn't save it.. I'd like to look at it again, tho. I hope some anon has it.
>>
>>16978028
called the 2029993335 number and its a recording about Industrail Superpowers and how Shortwave radios changed the industry. It then goes to some weird music jingle for a few seconds before the call disconnects automatically.
>>
>>16980716
>When I picked up the phone it was a man breathing heavily, he said "do you want to play a game with me?"

How did Jigsaw get your home number?
>>
>>16983003
>Prove it.

You must be bored out of your gourd spending your day adding that phrase to every thread.
>>
>>16983003

Why do you post this in every thread?

1. Its not funny, even a little bit.
2. It doesn't contribute to the discussion either for or against a claim/story/topic.
3. I don't have to prove shit. If you actually read my story you'd have found it quite unremarkable. It would be like me saying I went to the shop to buy some cigarettes and a bottle of milk. Should I prove that to random people online as well? Should I also prove that I just typed this message, as I'm guessing in some room-temperature IQ smart-ass reply you're going to respond with "prove it" again anyway.
4. Get a life sonny.
>>
>>16975112
My mom always would answer the phone with some strange message that would make her friends on the other line laugh. So one day the phone rings, she picks it up and says "City morgue you stab em we slab em" the guy on the other end answered that's good cause I have a problem and then promptly hung up. To this day we don't know who or what it was but it wasn't a friend and we tried calling the number back but it was disconnected.

I also swear my grandfather has tried to call me from beyond the grave along with my aunt. I've had strange phone calls with whispered words being said that I can't hear.
>>
>>16979555
Yes actually. Maryanne. I never asked her last name because I usually just hang up on her
>>
I once got a call from a kid that said she was a friend of mine. The problem is that the kid sounded like she was about six years old, and it was close to midnight. She said my first name, but my first thought was that it was some poor kid trying to sneakily call her friend who happened to have my same name. The weird part was that I could hear an adults voice in the background coaching her on what to say. Like, I would say "sorry honey, I think you have the wrong number. There's no little kids here." And the adult would say something in the background, and the kid would insist again that she knew me. I don't know anyone with kids that age, so it was probably some kind of random prank, although I can't figure out what they expected to happen during it. I eventually hung up, and they didn't call back. It was interesting, although not very spoopy.
>>
My phone number has called me four times since August.
>>
I recieve a call from a 88888888, i dont have any idea of what is it, but just dont care.
>>
>>16978086
But who was phone??
>>
>>16979552
What are you even talking about??
>>
>>16982805
It's creepy isn't it?
>>
>>16983398
Probably some telemarketer shit.
>>
>>16975112
who was phone?
>>
>>16975112
yeah like when it was late and I got this text "come outside for a good time" I go to reply "when?" and before i even send it they reply "now".
aliens man. anyways it was a wild night
>>
Dunno if the phone number still works:

https://soundcloud.com/user367689853/strange-phone-message
>Prepare to move to Kilo Bravo. Lat. at 32.082038 Long. 81.092593. Bring hand written copy of star spangled banner. Move now.
>>
File: 8f4.png (318 KB, 595x325) Image search: [Google]
8f4.png
318 KB, 595x325
So anon, someone just send me this weird email which only contained a link to this video in it. Think it's the start of another one of those gay ARG's, but im surprisingly intrigued by this. What do you think /x/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8R0xoFFVE
>>
>>16977741

Automated.

Call any cell phone provider and you're going to get a 'voice'. Something like that.
>>
>>16980716
Holy shit nigga, anything happened after that?
>>
I know quite a few druggies. I frequently spoof my call to their dealers/friends number and trip them the fuck out.
>>
>>16975680
Well this was fucking lame
>>
Yeah I usually dismissed them as automated telemarketers
>>
Once I was on the phone with my friend who was on vacation and we suddenly heard an older woman talking to her bird.
>"who's a good birdie?"
>"are you ready for your bath?"
Over and over just repeating stuff like that. Got super freaked and threw the phone. I don't think it was interference because the bird would have had to be on a phone too. I was on a landline and my friend was on a cell phone states away.
>>
>>16975112
Couple of weeks ago I sold a guitar to a guy on Gumtree, nice guy, similar taste in music, paid full price, a good buyer. Then 3 days later he calls me at 3am shouting his name down the phone, just repeating again and again but in a scarred way, almost like a beggng or pleading tone. At first I thought he was drunk but he said he was a Muslim and didn't drink, I've had no corresponance since. It was just earee getting a Late night call of just screaming
>>
I get strange calls from Cheyenne, Wyoming and Manchester, New Hampshire. Looked up the numbers on the Internet and mad other people get them as well. But everyone seems to have a different experience.

Maybe it's a rogue telemarketing machine that developed its own sentience? Who knows.
>>
>>16987843
What's the numbers? I wanna read the experiences
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 750x1097) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 750x1097
>>16987895
Nothing too special, unfortunately. But you would think some Spanish telemarketing machines would have some consistency.
>>
Have a semi-phone related story.

So at the time, I was around 15/16 and living at my grandmothers house. It was a two story house, long rectangular and my bedroom was in the attic. My mom usually slept at her boyfriends house but when she did stay at my grandmothers, she would stay in a smaller room at the far end of the attic.

Whenever my mother would stay there, she would always hear me walking around or talking in my room late at night (well after everyone has gone to bed) and would call out for me to go to bed and it'd instantly be silent.

I never remembered any of these occurrences but had frequent night terrors as a child (wake up screaming but would never remember it) so i figured that me sleep walking wouldn't be that far fetched.

Anyways, so my mom told me about how she would hear me at night and i had the great idea to video tape myself sleeping...cuz ya know, science.

Me room was a long rectangle, so i decided to pull my tv stand into the middle of the room and place the camcorder on that.

That night I was talking to my gf at the time (house phone next to my bed.) She called me (important). After a bit we get off the phone..i hit record on my camcorder, get into bed and fall asleep.

Fast forward to next morning.

I wake up and notice that my camcorder is flipped to the off position (old vhs camcorder)...i take out the tape and pop it in my vcr.

I hit play and then start fast forwarding.

Nothing out of the norm...every so often I roll over, maybe an ass or ball scratch and then it ends. So...i rewind and hit play.

Can hear noises in the room..kinda like walking/dragging and real quiet voices (couldn't get it loud enough to actually tell what was being said) and an occasional bang or clunk...nothing visual though.

My back is facing the camera and my phone does a real quick half ring...as if someone called and instantly hung up.

I roll over onto my back and the phone rings two more times.

Cont...
>>
>>16988118
Anyways.

I sit straight up, both my arms are to my side, i look over...not at the camera..just towards it and it stopped recording.

The tape didnt end...battery didnt die...it was turned off.

I dialed *69 and it was still my gf from the night before.
>>
>>16980677
88 is debt collecting companies. Nothing to worry about, I used to get it all the time. Not sure of the full picture but every few days (sometimes 10-15 times a day) id get a call from an 88 number (it differed sometimes but always started with 88) and talked about a debt a lady called 'Suzanne Black' owed.
>>
>>16983398
Telemarketing mate. It's common, just don't pick up to make them believe the number's inactive
>>
>>16978024
I'll never do that again.
>>
>answer phone
>voice says hello
>phone never rang

BUT HO WAS PHONE
>>
File: 1447750809372.jpg (143 KB, 550x389) Image search: [Google]
1447750809372.jpg
143 KB, 550x389
>>16988369
Haha, be sure to tune into American Horror Story: Hotel, Wednesdays at 10 on FX
>>
>>16988377
>BUT HO WAS PHONE
>HO

That's what you get for giving your number to every sleazy girl you meet at a bar.
>>
>>16975292
Is your name Beo?
>>
>>16975865
God dammit dude, you just freaked me out.
>>
>>16977923
It's a woman running a scam, check the number on number guru website - lots of reports on there
>>
File: cyberface.jpg (11 KB, 260x193) Image search: [Google]
cyberface.jpg
11 KB, 260x193
john keel used to get some scary phone calls as part of the mothman thing. He said someone rang him up and asked him "what he was doing with all the bottles of water" in the trunk of his car when he told no one about it
>>
>>16975112
Was like 4am woke up from the call had a girl was breathing really heavy on the phone and then laughed and hung up
>>
>>16976522
Kek
>>
>>16975112
Yeah one of my uni professors called me yesterday morning to tell me that I was missing a bunch of assignments, blocked her number too, I guess I'm that creepy
>>
>>16990093
She was jilling off
>>
Probably someone was trolling me but it was super weird. Years ago on my old phone my contact names would change to creepy and disturbing names, like Killer, Rapist, Devil, etc.
It really made me feel uncomfortable since I fixed the names, saved the phone on my pocket and it still changed. Then suddenly just stopped.

Since I was little I got really scared tho, I ended up crying that day, lol.
>>
>>16975112
A few weeks ago I woke up with a missed call from my exact number with the last 4 digits slightly mixed around. I called it and it went to an un-set up mailbox, just like my phone. Nobody ever called me back.
>>
Years ago like around 2005 my mom had gotten one of those old nokia cell phones . anyways she used to get alot of random texts with lots of symbols they were also dated all the way to the year 2036 around 1 am everyday for a year she still has that phone and occasionaly it rings as if it recieved a text message but she has no service on that phone anymore. our landline used to get alot of creepy calls too ... the phone would always ring around 2 am-3am we'd get songs playing on the phone but creepy sad like songs. there's more occurrences but that house was always odd.
>>
File: 31d.gif (156 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
31d.gif
156 KB, 260x187
>Reading spooky shit before I go to bed like an idiot
>Reading people's stories about phone calls from the dead
>Common themes are calls from withheld numbers and at exact times
>2spooky4me, decide to go to sleep
>Woken up by my phone ringing
>Think it's the alarm, automatically hit the hang up/cancel button
>Wonder why it's so dark for 7am
>Realise it wasn't the alarm, someone was calling me
>Grab phone
>Call came from a withheld number at exactly 5:00:00am
>mfw

Probably just a junk call, but it was still pretty spoopy it happened after I'd been reading about creepy phone calls. It's never happened since.

I still wonder who was phone.
>>
>>16989573
.....iisss your reffffrigerator running.....
>>
File: ONS.jpg (91 KB, 659x742) Image search: [Google]
ONS.jpg
91 KB, 659x742
>>16975112
Didn't have any spooky phone calls to my experience.
Not my recording, but these were one of the creepy phone calls recorded by a victim of the Original Night Stalker who has never been caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdElYnd-xMo
>>
>>16975530
Did you post this story on Gawker for Halloween? I remember reading something similar and losing my shit it was so freaky.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>16975924
Dude.
>>
>>16978086

That's just a scammer spoofing their number. The same thing happened to me a few months ago and it freaked me out until I found at that such a thing is possible. So yeah, it's just a scammer/telemarketer.
>>
>>16991280
words cannot describe my fears
>>
>>16975112
probably very bored prank callers up past their bedtime, wouldn't worry too much about it
>>
>be 7 year old me
>go to make phone call
>in the mist of making call, can hear two old ladies who sounded English and elegant as fuck talking about random stuff
>the person i called couldn't hear them, and the ladies couldn't hear neither of us

Fyi, this was back in the early 90's. I'm not sure such a thing is possible with phones today. It was really fucking weird though, listening to two old ladies on the other side of the world chatting about random shit. It never happened to me again after that.
>>
Few years back I kept getting calls from a number I didn't recognize, there was someone on the line but they wouldn't ever respond to me, just hang up after a few seconds. Went on for a few weeks, I had been telling everyone I talked to because it was creepy as fuck, eventually down the line while I'm having a conversation with this girl I sort of knew I tell her about it and she apologizes and explains that she gets nervous and can't respond when she hears my voice because she had a crush on me. No idea if I gave her my number or how she got it.

That was anticlimactic, but more recently every once in a while I'll get a picture from a random number (I actually haven't been tracking the number/s to even see if it's one number or multiple) but since my plan doesn't allow for me to receive pictures I have no idea what they're of. I assume it's just some marketing shit but it's strange nonetheless.
>>
I've never gotten a strange call but when I was like 11 and a friend was over we decided to do some prank calls.

We picked a random number and asked this girl some dumb questions and if she was wearing star wars underwear.

A while later when my parents were back the phone rang and it was the girls boyfriend yelling about how some guy scared the shit out of her. (We didn't know about caller ID)

Apparently the shit we said caused a situation like these even though we were just some dumbass kids doing a prank call and I wonder if she was actually wearing star wars underwear and that's why she was so freaked out.
>>
Back in the early 90s when I was like 8, we received a message on our answering machine (the kind that used a cassette tape) of beautuful, elaborate, somber piano music playing. It lasted until the message counter ran out. There was no dialogue at all.
>>
>>16978086
>>16992519
I hope someone else here knows what I'm talking about and can give more details or the number, but when I was younger, some friends and I learned how to make phones call themselves and used it for pranks. IIRC, you'd dial this number, hang up or hold down on the receiver for a few seconds, pick it up and listen for a specific tone on the other end, then hang up the phone again. Within a matter of seconds, the phone would start ringing. We used this mostly on pay phones but it worked on house phones too.
>>
>>16975530
So I'm just gonna tell mysef this isn't total bull and go with it for a minute.

I might have an explination for this. What year did this happen and who was your cellular carrier at the time?
>>
>>16993716
This was a callback test number. For most phone companies it was 951-xxxx , the last four digits were the last four digits of the phone number you were testing.
>>
Now that I think about it I did get some weird ones.

SPOOPY: There was a phone call I got from a guy in Miriman Valley (Akron Ohio area) trying to buy drugs off of me while I was at work as a rent a cop (Not a drug dealer, user, or involved in anyway) which seems like just a random thing, but then that night I got a call from a number I didn't recognize (I called it the next day after Googling. It was a salon in Chicago) at 3AM. I ignored it, but then some one started trying to open the door to my apartment. I grabbed my gun and opened the door, but no one was there. We didn't sleep any more that night. So those three things together seem to be suspicious.

STRANGE: One time on Thanksgiving at the same job some one kept calling the landline for the security post and yelling German. I only know a little German from watching WWII movies, so finally I got pissed and said "SPRAKEN ZE INGLISH?" and a surprised and drunk vioce replied "Neinnnnn." So I said "Danakshane und adverterzein" and he didn't call back (Sorry for the poor spelling and language. Like I said, I don't know German)

FUNNY: The funniest was when some people called on a rainy night a few years ago - a guy and a girl could be heard. He kept asking for some one I never heard of like Reggie or something and telling me to pick him up. I kept telling him he had the wrong number. So I asked him where he was, he said so-in-so's house. I asked him where that was, and he said some intersection that was acutally near me that I recognised, so I told him to go up to the next street because I hated that guy who's house he was at so he finally called back about 40 minutes later pissed as fuck that I wasn't there so I just yelled "I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING ME I DON'T KNOW WHO REGGIE IS"

Also have one more...
>>
>>16993937

Last one

KINDA SPOOPY: Last month my wife got a phone call from a mentally retarded adult male from a Washington state phone number. We tried to figure out how he got the number, and if there was a responsible adult near by like a care taker or a nurse or soemthing to tell him to stop calling us. He eventually got sick of me telling him to put "That other person in the room" on the phone and he hung up.

We Googled his name and number, and he had like five Facebook and Twitter accounts with the same face of a girl he's probably stalking on each profile. It was creepy as fuck.

His name was.... JOHN CENA

Just kidding it was actually Jamie Norwood.
>>
I'm bored, maybe you could call me?
>>
>>16979552
?
>>
>>16993933
Thanks, that sounds about right. Do you know if it still works?
>>
File: OA39YOH.png (438 KB, 408x1295) Image search: [Google]
OA39YOH.png
438 KB, 408x1295
this used to scare the shit outta me
>>
>>16993982
It still works on analog lines with some carriers like AT&T but if I'm not mistaken it doesn't work on digital/Internet/VOIP lines.
>>
>>16994012
Neat. I'll have to try it again sometime.
>>
>>1698966 Possibly meaned as bro.
>>
>>16975112
Apparently other out of sync beings like to mess with people, by messing with electromagnetic waves.
>>
Not paranormal.

On one of my days off, I got a call from some older by who was really pissed off. He said that I was putting notes on his door that said "Call me, cutie." With my phone number.

I told him I have a delivery job where people can get my number, but he didn't care.
>>
I posted this in another thread yesterday, but here is my story. Includes a creepy phone call.

>A few years back
>I had the bad habit of getting smashed on Saturday's and calling my ex
>Eventually, she ignored me and I stopped calling.
>Months pass
>I get calls around 2-4AM once or twice a week from her number.
>I'd answer and hear an indistinct man's voice, followed by him hanging up.
>One time I heard him say "He's slipping.."
>the calls stop

>fast forward to September of last year
>I wake up one morning, paralyzed.
>mom calls ambulance
>diagnosed with Gillian Barre Syndrome
>seems suspicious
>can't walk or move hands because of my new paralytic nerve & autoimmune disorder and neuropathy
>Months of rehab in big hospital in California
>Eventually can push my own wheelchair
>Eventually can wipe my own ads
>Getting discharged soon.

>unknown doctor across the room
>helping patient from floor to wheelchair
>makes direct eye contact with me
>"He's slipping.."
>THE FUCKING EXACT SAME VOICE FROM THE PHONE
>grins and even fucking winks
>pushes patient down hall
>never see him again

>fast forward to today, (almost a year later)
>every once in a while, ON SATURDAYS, there appears to be a Medical Transportation Van parked across the street. Same make and model from the hospital, but with no logos on the vehicle
>nope.gif
>>
>>16975112
Not so much spooky as it's just weird phone calls. I bought my first cellphone, and with it this number when I was 11, I think, so 11 or 12 years ago. Kept the same number all this time.
I started getting phone calls for a Jacob. Adult scruffy, rude and impatient, voices kept looking for Jacob. One time at the age of 13 I got a phone call during class, which I couldn't take. During recess I called the number back and it was from a kindergarten like a hundred kilometers away.
At first I rationalized it as the number belonged to a Jacob before me, and people didn't update the number. But the years have passed, and I still get calls looking for this Jacob guy.

So at some point, like a rational guy, I started looking into the reason, and perhaps achieve some progress with this issue. Whenever I asked them where they got the number, they said Jacob gave it to them. Whenever I asked them to read the number for me out loud, to see if they got a digit wrong, it was always my number.
So somewhere, there's this Jacob guy who doesn't quite remember his number, and keeps giving my number to random rude people. For over a decade.
>>
I sounds like bullshit but it isn't. Anyways it was 2012 and i was in my living room watching tv until a phone call came. it was an old lady looking for my mom so i called my mom and she quickly came to hear whi it was on the phone. turns out its my dead grandma. me and my mom were crying and talking to here at the the same time but the call crashed. we only had a chance to speak to my grandma for 2 minutes.

To this day i cant explain what happened that night and i still think about it...
>>
Lurking. This is interesting shit.
>>
>>16983333
checked
>>
>>16975924
lmfao
>>
>>16975112
Most things like this are telemarketers or various scammers who do coldcalls with lists of phone numbers they got online. Especially the two dial ones. That's a scam to jack up your phone bill.
>>
>>16976621
Do Not Call lists are basically completely worthless anyway. I worked for a company that did coldcalls for a couple of months when I was hard-up for cash. We called shitloads of people who said they were on the do not call list and I'm pretty sure our supervisors actively put numbers into our system from those lists even though they technically weren't supposed to.

That was such a worthless job in all aspects.
>>
File: 1433512132450.gif (2 MB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1433512132450.gif
2 MB, 300x196
>>16975924
>>
>>16994413
Wake up.

You're in a coma. Your family miss you
>>
>>16975112
I keep getting phonecalls from strangers asking for Hans Moleman.

I think that one of my friends must have written my phone number with that name on a bathroom stall or something.

I did get one that was a lot creepier, though. Phone ringing, blocked number. Pick it up; synthesized female voice says 'Goodbye' after I say hello (and I take a few seconds to say hello, so it was responding to me). Still creeps me out.
>>
for a few months after i switched carriers and numbers, I kept getting calls from +86 - China.
I don't speak mandarin at all, so I never picked up.
My maibox is setup with a recording of my name, so you'd think they'd stop if they didn't know me.
The last time they called, they actually left a voicemail, it seemed accidental - like they went to hit the button to hangup, missed and were carrying their phone around.

just a bunch of unintelligible ENGLISH chatter
plates/silverware clattering like they're having dinner
some kid asks something to a mommy.
then it ends.

no calls from it in months. maybe they did realize it was the wrong number.
>>
>>16995589
Couldn't they get sued for that or something?
>>
one time i got a call with the caller id "life with derek" and when i answered there was just silence
>>
>>16994605
What did you say to her anon? What did she say back?
>>
Some old man called and cussed me out one day. Called me a stupid cocksucker and asked me if my mom had worms crawling out of her pussy.
>>
>>16997032
lawl

cash4told.com
>>
>>16996272
You're gay for Moleman!
>>
>>16979534
Its not him anon, your friends have all been replaced.
>>
>>16979552
wat
>>
>>16975680
spooky. did a skeleton pop out?
>>
File: 1121nokia2112_001.jpg (20 KB, 447x335) Image search: [Google]
1121nokia2112_001.jpg
20 KB, 447x335
>>16975112
When i was like 6 i got a text, because of how dark it was i suppose it was like 4 am or something
As i was too young no one had my number as no one of my friends had a cellphone.
I recieved one message, it was a pixelated image of a girl being fucked doggystyle by a guy with pretty big tits appearing and one or two necklaces
I meh'd and turned the phone off, somehow the phone turned itself back on and the fucking message pooped again. This repeated for like 3 times until i took the phone battery of and got some sleep
>Pic related, phone was this model
>>
>>16997335
>>16997335

>When i was like 6 i got a text, because of how dark it was i suppose it was like 4 am or something

You're exchanging text w/ people at the age of six when most kids can barely spell their own names.
>>
>>16997335
Now that i remember, in late 2013 i got a strange call
It was kinda creepy but nothing 'oh so creepy'
Just a call from a random number, i picked up the phone and i waited for something. Nothing happened so i says 'hello' a few times, no response, i could just hear the person's breath kinda distant from the phone, and i think i heard some weird background noise, like someone doing something..I don't know what but i'm sure it sounded like it was over a wood table.
It was kinda weird; Hanged the phone, no one called again.

>>16997342
Welp i got a better model when i was 8
So i pressume it was between my 6 and 7
>>
>>16993937
nice german, props for improvising though
>>
It's not really calls I've gotten myself but my mum used to get calls late at night, maybe about 2pm at random times. Most of the time it was just someone breathing before hanging up. There was no caller ID so there was no way of finding out who it was.

Where it got really weird is on occasions when she'd answer, someone would ask about me then immediately hang up. I moved out of home over 10 years ago. And I've never given my mums home number to anyone. I've never experienced the calls myself and each time it would happen my mum would call me to let me know. These calls stopped about a year ago, at least I'm assuming so as my mum doesn't mention them anymore.

Maybe I had a stalker of sorts?
>>
>>16997406

The caller also asked for me by name, so they knew who I was and I'm guessing who my mum was. They also never left a message or ask how to contact me directly and the voiced calls would always happen about a day after a silent call.
>>
FUCK YES IT WAS SCARY SHIT
A few years ago we'd get these calls on the house phone, at like 2 in the morning. Sometimes they'd immediately hang up, most times it was serious of zombie like grunts or moans, and even a couple times they called someone's name (it was a woman's name, I don't remember it now).
The caller wasn't blocked though. It was always from "White Blossom" which sounds EXACTLY like what you might name a cemetery. Basically it was exactly like that Twilight Zone where the woman is getting calls from her dead husband.
Nothing supernatural ever happened though, just creepy calls. Turned out White Blossom was an old peoples home, and some insane guy was trying to call his daughter (that was the name he called) but he called us accidentally.
>>
File: 6869574_300x300.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
6869574_300x300.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>16979527
>that mugshot
>nofucksgiven.jpg

On topic, every now and then I keep getting calls from an unknown number. All the fucker does is sit on the line silently, and hangs up the moment I ask who the fuck it is. Now, I would've scratched this up to being a wrong number every so often, but now it's happening to the point I'm pretty sure its the same asshole every time because the moment you start to say anything he kills the call.

Weird as fuck, I don't know what to make of it really.
>>
>>16994430
The same thing happened to fucking me!! Some Irish guy called Paul kept giving people my number thinking it was him and I'd get like adult texts like 'howdy Paul, how are you and suzie? Lots of love, me and the kids xxx' and shit like that. I'd get calls but I'd always let it ring off and text them back saying I was in a meeting or I was driving so I couldn't talk. Went on for about 3 years and was in contact with probably 13-15 different people Paul knew, relatives, old friends trying to get in contact etc. was fucking funny. Eventually they just stopped trying so either Paul tracked them down and told them his mistake or they moved on. Was some funny shit
>>
I only get phone calls for people who had my number before me. I have had to change my number 3 times in the last 18 months because I couldn't handle all of the goddamn bill collectors looking for these people. That and the old people looking for Brenda, whoever the fuck that is.
>>
>>16980801
are you egyptian by any chance?

cuz that cousin is me.
>>
I recieved a voicemail from a number I didn't recognize a few months ago at around 4 AM. Was spooked at the time so I didn't listen to it until the morning. When I did, it was very quiet, to the point where putting my phone on full volume still required me to put my ear to the speaker. It was a few men talking in the background, but I couldn't make out any words. Calling the number did not work.
>>
>>16975705
Happened to me several times.
It's just some signal malfunction and your phone is added into the conversation.
>>
File: 1446904859963.jpg (41 KB, 534x532) Image search: [Google]
1446904859963.jpg
41 KB, 534x532
once my mums phone number got switched temporarily with another persons phone it was very strange, is this something that happens often?
also inb4 someone was keking my dad
>>
when i first got my cell phone i guess my number was one that used to belong to somebody else in my state because for the first month i kept getting calls and voicemails asking for the same woman
one person i picked up the phone for kept questioning me. it was one of her coworkers or her manager and she told me that this woman hasn't shown up to work for weeks. not that spooky but it makes me wonder if something bad happened to her or if she changed all of her contact info and moved away or if she simply started to skip work and these people were getting her number wrong by accident.
>>
File: 1398543933677s.jpg (6 KB, 250x135) Image search: [Google]
1398543933677s.jpg
6 KB, 250x135
>>16982905
>>
>>16990583
remember what any of the songs were that played? just curious .
>>
>>16999032
This happens all the time with cell phones. Wrong SIM card activated on account etc.
>>
Spoofing is a thing you know. So unless some of these stories happened before the early 2000s or so, they aren't very remarkable.
>>
When I was in high school I was home alone a lot because my dad worked a lot of night shifts. For a while there I kept getting calls at 11-12 at night, sometimes as late as 2, that were radio silence followed by a recording of a woman saying "goodbye". Then much later I find out that my sisters crazy abusive ex used to make similar calls to her. Fuck that shit. Not spoopy but that's creepy as fuck, right?
>>
>>16996934
God that was a shitty show
>>
>>16996272
Wait, did you ever figure out the "goodbye" thing? I'm >>16999356
>>
>>16999444
Nope, only happened once (thus far), at 10am-ish. Like you described, though, silence followed by 'goodbye'.

Where do you live, by the way? I'm a Britbong.
>>
>>16999505
Was in Ontario, Canada
Didn't have caller ID or anything
So maybe just a telemarketer?
>>
>>16975112
Last month, my family received several phone calls, every friday, at exactly 12:34 pm (yes, I checked it on my watch, for over a week).
The timing was perfect, with only a few 1 or 2 seconds of difference between each call.
When we asked who it was, nobody answered. Just a "click" sound, and then, off.
This month nothing like this happened, but any updates about this, I will share it here on /x/.
>>
>>16999516
I said 'hello', though. The telemarketers that go with the silent treatment when you talk don't just say goodbye, they hit you with the whole spiel.

And anyway, in your case they wouldn't call that late. They're annoying but they're not stupid; they know no one is going to listen to offers that already go mostly unlistened to at 2 in the morning.
>>
>>16999541
Fuck off, i was just trying to make it seem normal instead of some spooky scary shit ;_;
>>
>>16999572
I mean, if it helps I can't think of anything threateningly paranormal it could be.
>>
>>16983489
Hahaha
>>
I used to.
I got one who i assume was southern or from /pol/ because he called me a "nigger kike" ( I am neither)
The second one was a person pretending to be my friend, then pretended to be my oneitis. I denied both accounts, because my friend had only an iPod back in the day and my oneitis said they didn't call me at all (which sucks, but things happen i guess). I still remember the number, because it texted me recently saying "Hello old friend, have a nice day.."
I dropped my phone a month later, and I haven't got one due to some contract. Sometimes I feel like the second number is a stalker
>>
About a year back I used to work as a receptionist and had weird experience.

I was calling the courier company to arrange a pickup like I'd done a million times before, and was waiting to get connected. They would always play cheesy rock music as you waited but this time the music stopped after only 2 seconds and there was just silence.

About 5 seconds later I heard a faint young girl's voice say in a sad tone "Sara, I don't think they like us very much", to which a girl who sounded older replied "I know". There was a pause and then the young girl asked "What do we do?"

About a second later I got connected to the courier lady. I figure it was just a cross in the phone lines but it spooked me.
>>
>>16992780
Holy fuck, this happened to me too last year. I kept getting calls several times a week from various numbers that consisted entirely of piano music, and nothing else, and lasted a month or two before it abruptly stopped. I was pretty spooked.
>>
Once upon a time when I was about 25 I was hanging around at a mates place and got a call from my own number.
Didn't say my name on caller I'd, just my number.
Answered it and there was a bunch of static and what sounded like a muffled conversation. A few sharp squeals and then scuffling and someone said "oh hold up. Called myself." And then another voice said something muffled and "you dingus."
Thought it was weird as they sounded pretty crackly but definitely said they called themself. couldn't recognise the voices or accents either but also thought that using the word dingus was odd cos they definitely weren't Aussies.
Anyway, around a year ago I accidentally called myself when I was on the train. My mate called me a dingus. To which i started laughing. Then fully fucking flashback remembered that call ages ago and my blood went cold. Full goosebumps.
Told the bastard all about that call and he didn't fucking believe me.
Won't believe me to this day and calls me a dingus if I try to mention it.
>>
When those indian call centres call me to try to sell me something I breath heavily into the phone and say nothing untill they go away. They get propper spooked m8
>>
File: sinclair.jpg (34 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
sinclair.jpg
34 KB, 640x379
>>16999786
>Hello old friend

OH SHIT
>>
>>16999872
That reminds me of a part in the music video for avicii's 'wake me up'. Maybe it was from that?
>>
>>17000306
Kek
>>
>>16998851

Sometimes cell phones can accidentally dial in someone's bag. I've gotten calls from cell phones that were obviously in someone's bag or pocket.
>>
I installed TOR and Orbot on my phone just for kicks. I didn't get into anything illicit but I played on the deep web for a while. Then I started getting weird calls at 4am or so with weird voices on the message. I was pretty freaked. I'm not sure if it was related but I uninstalled TOR right away.
>>
>>16977142
I know what you mean.

I like this post.

But why "bitch"?
was that an in-joke?
>>
>>17001159
Bitch originally referred to a female dog, hence the phrase , son of a bitch
>>
>>16978239

There were tons of pervert calls in the 1970s and 80s. I guess they were in style.

I was a kid back then and I was often up before my parents on weekends, which is when calls like that would often come in. Also late at night, but my Dad would generally get those first, and blow a whistle into the phone.

This was in CA, which is also a pretty pervy state in my opinion.

I usually wouldn't tell my Dad about them and as I got a little older I would try to fuck with or intimidate the callers, which could be pretty funny.

One was frightening though, because he addressed me by name. I tried to get as much info as I could out of the guy although he was super disgusting and I really wanted to hang up. Then I did tell my parents and they called the police. I remember talking to the officer, who was very nice. I was about 12, I think. Long story short, they figured he would call again so I think they tapped the line. Sure enough, it turned out it was a guy from our church. Apparently he was on parole from a prison sentence for making child porn.

I think all the gross questions he was asking me were a kind of interview or lead-in to a screen test.

I don't know what happened to him with reference to my case but I did give a deposition to some attorneys, I seem to recall.

The worst thing is that he is still alive, on the sex offender registry, and runs a store which caters to teen boys--gaming stuff, cards, and of course some "vintage gay erotica" shit.

Nobody does anything about it. That's scarier than any of his shitty phone calls.
>>
>>17001188
He probably plea bargained after depo. He likely got a suspended sentence or only a few months to a year.
>>
>>16994413
>inb4 "he's SLEEPING"
>inb4 anon gets confused and spooped for no resaon
>inb4 doctor tried to make a joke but saw his patient with a horrified face
>>
I got a weird call one night, around 2:30 eastern. It was a man saying he was watching me and he was trying to get in and asked me to let "him" in. that night there was a knocking, i often played Airsoft, so i had a Glock with the tip broken off. I went to the door opened it a crack and stuck the gun out. I heard the guy bolt and that was the end of it.
>>
Kind of a boring story, but vaguely relevant to this thread and it just happened earlier today.

I was taking a nap when my phone started going off. I didn't feel like answering, so I silenced it and went back to sleep figuring that if it was important they'd call back, and if not, they could wait. Saw later that it was from a number I didn't recognize and checked my voicemail, since there was a message. It sounded like someone had butt-dialed me by mistake. I thought I heard a guy and a girl talking, but it was really muffled/garbled and almost impossible to understand. The message was about four and half minutes long, but I kept listening to try to see if I could figure out who the voices belonged to, thinking perhaps some relative got a new number. The creepy part came when I heard the male voice make this weird noise that sounded much louder and more distinct than the rest of their chatter. It was something like "yyyeahhheheh". Sorry, hard to describe in text.

Anyway, I know this story is dumb and I probably wouldn't have mentioned it to /x/ at all except the noise the guy made sounded pretty weird and it was almost like he was saying it directly into the phone, despite everything else being butt-dial quality.
>>
>>17001188
There were a lot of perv calls in the 70s and 80s. Most people I knew had at least one story about getting them. This was before star 69 and call tracing became standard. Also the pervs all took to the internet in the 90s.
>>
>>16994413

Damn that's spoopy. Good stuff anon. You already recovered fully or is that disorder/disease a permanent thing you have to deal with?
>>
>>16993937
Do you live in Colorado? I showed a friend this who always calls people Reggie and he claims he did this.
>>
>rainy saturday night,chilling in pjs
>cellphone ring
>dead silence except for some heavy slow breathing
>ask "Who is this..?"
>Voice as deep as the breathing sound answer "You shouldnt worry about that..."
>call ends
>spooked all night

Next one is probably the worse
>middle of the night
>stayed a bit late on computer
>undress myself in the dark to put on pjs
>ring ring ring
>pick up
>heavy ragged breathing
>some moanings
>someone is fucking masturbating
>"your skin so soft...let me watch you one more time"
>i hear squishy sounds idk how to explain
>as if he was touching himself with something squishy
>hear something like a child crying in the background
>call ends
>freaked out for the whole night
>>
>>16976522
Those aren't even in the same story
>>
>>16994413
Pretty cool anon, let us know if anything else happens.
>>
>>16978237
please do
>>
>>16978239
Well did you?
>>
File: Deceive Inveigle Obfuscate.jpg (54 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Deceive Inveigle Obfuscate.jpg
54 KB, 1024x768
>talking to my best friend over a landline telephone
>after about 30 minutes a screeching sound cuts off his voice mid-sentence
>then it changes to buzzing
>then it just starts clicking once every second
>hang up
>phone rings immediately
>pick it up
>just that same clicking
>hang up again
>phone starts ringing again right away
>unplug phone from wall and go to sleep

>meet up with friend the day after
>he told me that the line just went dead
>he only tried calling me back once but got a busy signal
>>
>>16999532
There's a service that calls people to wake them up and stuff. Maybe someone subscribed your home phone as a prank.
>>
>>17000133
Fuck. This is the creepiest story in the thread
>>
I have one that isn't spooky or paranormal, just creepy.

I was at work probably around 9pm, got a phone call to the store. It was a guy asking the address of the store and how to get there (I gave it to him since it's public info even on our website), but after that his voice didn't sound that friendly and he started asking really rude questions. He claimed to know the manager (obviously he didn't), asked my age, if I could use some money and if I was modest.

Well, I hung up after that and told my coworker, we both laughed. But as we were closing up I got unsettled, especially since I had given the address. But no one weird showed up. Or they did but decided they didn't like the look of us, who knows.
>>
File: 1358120923130.png (139 KB, 272x261) Image search: [Google]
1358120923130.png
139 KB, 272x261
it must be around 1994 or 1995

>sitting around playing amiga and pc
>phone rings
>mother and father answer it
>someone on the phone
>he says "i have one of your kids"
>brother and me chilling around indoors

>father told him that he would fuck em up if he call again

it was spooky as fuck for about an week
>>
>>16975112
>Twenty seconds of silence
>Female voice says "Goodbye"

Not spooky, but very wtf

Also I get a lot of calls from angry towelheads that can't speak English.
>>
Im from Mexico, and the crime rates are high as fuck especially in the north of the country. Criminals in prison often pick random phone numbers to get money from unaware people, they put somebody screaming and claiming to be some your relative, very creepy even knowing it is not somebody you know, and happens really often..
>>
>lurking this thread.
>>
I had an overnight radio show on college and being a girl I got a call nearly every week from a guy telling me how sexy my voice was (it isn't) and that he was going to come find me at the station. I usually walked home with a big burly guy who was the music director but one night I was there all by myself. Stalker guy calls, tells me he's going to "come get me" after my shift. I fake enthusiasm, tell him I'm short with long brown hair and brown eyes, not at all what I look like. Walk home in the dark scared as shit.
>>
File: creepyphonenumbers2.jpg (47 KB, 487x376) Image search: [Google]
creepyphonenumbers2.jpg
47 KB, 487x376
>>16981030

I believe this is the one.
>>
>>16975129
Sounds like telemarketers. I think some of them call just to make sure the line is active, and once someone picks up they can use your number in the future. I've had similar experiences. I'd get a call full of beeps, hang up, and then five minutes later a telemarketer calls.
>>
>>16975112
My mom works at a nursing home. One day she came home, handed me her phone and said "Tell me what you hear on my voicemail." It was an unidentified number that called, and it sounded like a guy who was running low on breath saying "Help me". A bunch of static, "Help me" and then the call ended.

The next day she found out one of her patients had died during the night.
>>
>>17006586
do any of these still work?
>>
>>16975112
yeah, just people trying to steal you social security number, and now that we have smartphones people that try to hack your phone or steal credits
>>
File: DBAd1Hl.gif (79 KB, 982x513) Image search: [Google]
DBAd1Hl.gif
79 KB, 982x513
>>16975112
Who remembers this shit?
Also, I used to play the spanish version of The Sims. There was a phone call saying:

El fin se acerca. Los culpables pagaran.

which I can't find in english anywhere. the translation is

The end is near. The guilty ones will pay.
>>
>>17005746
The creepy thing is, what if he DID have someone else's kid and called the wrong number?

>>17006455
That's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>17006699
Which Sim game was that?
>>
>>17006708
first one
>>
>>16975112

>>16975877
Was sitting home about a year ago on some weird dating site .
One girl who I matched with some how got my number from my profile.
- calls me, but I can tell its not a women.
I tell them too come over.
And what came in the door wad huge.
-op's mom.
>>
>>17006685

Not sure. But you're more than welcome to try. Let us know if you happen to find out anything.
>>
My family had to get new phones and shit a while ago, anyways, i got a call about, 3 months ago, i don't answer, as i dont answer unknowns. The voice mail mentioned someone named brook, or brik or something similar. i keep getting these most recently a few weeks ago. it couldnt be wrong number anymore, as brook would have registered her new number. one time it was fucking CPS calling me brook. pretty weird because of how long ive had the phone.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x357
So I'm assuming most of you know what Whisper is. If not, it's an app where you can post anything and chat directly with others. No names other than the nicknames you give yourself.

>be me
>see a post on whisper, "Bored female cop, looking for a clean chat."
>who doesn't want to try and bone a cop at one point in their life?
>decide to talk to her
>her nickname is, "912."
>we chat, exchange basic headshots of each other, talk about random meaningless shit
>mind you, I was chatting with her off of my iPad that only had my email connected to it, not my phone number.
>we finish talking and not even ten minutes later, I get a call
>the number is 912-XXX-XXXX
>instantly shit myself
>decide to pick it up, but I'm immediately hung up on.
>I try to talk to the person I was chatting to on Whisper, but I've been blocked
>Every time I drive through the downtown of my city for the next two months, they call me.
>one day I get fed up and scream the moment I pick up, "LEAVE ME ALONE."
>Quiet female voice on the other end
>"But Anon, your car is so pretty."
>hang up
>never get called by that number again
>nothing creepy since

I still don't know how to approach this, especially since it sounds like utter bullshit
>>
One late night back in high school, I got two weird calls. The first time I answered, all I heard was some kind of music. I said hello a few times and then hung up. About a minute later, I got another phone call which was also just music. I realized that someone was playing Prince's "When Doves Cry". I stayed on the phone this time, until they hung up. I never found out who the fuck that was. I asked everyone I thought who would do that and they all denied it. I don't know what the fuck was up with that.
>>
>>16983333
Prolly looked up her friend's name in a phonebook and it matched yours? Friend might have been a therapist or social worker or something out of timezone or something.
>>
Yep. Just don't answer. They need to talk to me they can tell me who they are.
>>
>>17006984
thats a big nope
>>
When I was a kid and delivering newspapers there was this weird house..really run down on the outside and never seemed to pick up the papers I delivered or the mail (In England all mail etc goes through a letterbox in the door) as I could see it all mounting up there for months.

On their doorbell it said their surname, so I looked them up in the phone book and tried to call to see if anyone answered as I thought maybe nobody actually lived there anymore...or had died and nobody knew.

The calling tone was just...weird, I can't describe it. It wasn't the normal one you get from calling a landline in the uk so that instantly freaked me out.

I didn't think anything more would happen, it rang and rang...then started making these weird noises! See I guess they could've been from a fax machine...but who has a fax machine listed as their landline in the phone book?

Anyway I stayed on the line and eventually the noises stopped, then weirdly the calling tone started up again, just much quieter. Then..it connected!! A really quiet woman's voice spoke but being a scared little kid I just slammed the phone down.

The papers never moved and nobody in the area seemed to know who actually lived there. I stopped delivering to them anyway.
>>
>>17006586
called all the numbers on that list here's my results:

2074042604: goes to a busy signal for a few seconds before going into a silence. Nothing comes up afterwards.

16302967538: Goes to a answering machine about how your call is monitored and traced. Some Mexican lady talking about banks then it goes to the beep to leave a message.

13033090004: OK this one is fucking creepy. Im not sure if I'll even call this one again its some weird ass music and screaming before the call dies

19856552500: Goes to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up not joking

2674365025: Operator for Holiday Inn nothing scary about this one

8187753993: "please enter the area code and phone number, goodbye"

9515722602: Goes to an answering machine for "agent smith"

08006137607: restricted cannot be reached

4086342806: Goes to a recording of Star Trek or some shit then to answer machine

last two numbers are out of service
>>
>>17006984
>see a post on whisper, "Bored female cop, looking for a clean chat."
>decide to talk to her

Wow, and you just took the bait, huh? That was like an open invitation for some nutbar to try to mess with you.
>>
File: 78345134376.png (223 KB, 488x412) Image search: [Google]
78345134376.png
223 KB, 488x412
>>16992206
>Gawker
>>
>>16999872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrbM1l_BoI

1:12
>>
>>17006913
>would have registered her new number
there's a lot of reasons somebody might not.
>>
>>17008265
They would at least stop calling me by now.
>>
(786) 519-3708
This one goes to voicemail of 50 Blessing, from hotline miami.
>>
>>16975112
Recently when I try to make a call, i just hear noise and sometimes seems like somebody tries to talk.
>>
Every once in awhile I get a phone call and its some guy saying all this crazy shit and then listing of numbers, then he asks me for numbers and I always say sorry man wrong number. Used to happen a lot more frequently
>>
>>17009020
Also I looked up one of the numbers it was a D.C area code
>>
>>16976461
Un día hablaron a casa y una niña me dijo 'ayúdame', de la impresión no supe qué decir salvo '¿cómo sabes mi número?' no supo qué decir y colgó.
>>
I was really high but I was only smoking weed so I don't think I hallucinated this event.

This happened sometime this summer. I was in my room getting blazed after work on some idle Saturday. It was about 9 or 10 at night. I got a call from what looked to be a legitimate number. Keep in mind, I am high as fuck.

>Hello?
What seems to be an older man answers:
>Hi, uh... hi, is Caleb there?
I have a younger brother named Caleb, so this confuses me.
>Um... no, there's no one here by that name.
>I just want to speak to my grandson...is he there? Does he need anything?
>What? I'm sorry, what did you say?
>I just need to know if Caleb is there.
>Uh... no, there's no one there by that name. You said he was your grandson?... Hello? Is he in trouble or something?
I heard a deep sigh from the other end before he hung up. I called back and left a voicemail explaining that there was no one named Caleb where I was but if I saw a Caleb, I would ask him to call his grandparents...lol
>>
>be spending the weekend with my brothers
>they show me this weird phone number that they claim get weird calls from
>one brother guffaws and says to the other "hey show him that weird number herp"
>alright, faggots, let me call it
>just sounds like a fan whirring in the background, someone breathing, and an occasional beep boop
>lay on the bed for like an hour with my brothers talking to whoever we imagined was on the other side and listening to the ambient sounds of what could possibly be someone sitting at a desk somewhere
>ask the noise questions, who are you? what do you do? are you alone? are you lonely? etc.
>suddenly start hearing low laughter on the other side
>it gets only so loud and we freak the fuck out
>I hang up and leave my phone on the bed
>we go to convenience store for snacks
>we smoke a bowl and play Oblivion until sun-up
>never speak of it again
>>
>>17007986
We all do stupid things when we're pulling all nighters.
>>
>>16975112
some guy from houston asked me for cough syrup
>>
>>17007732
>13033090004: OK this one is fucking creepy. Im not sure if I'll even call this one again its some weird ass music and screaming before the call dies

Fuck :/
>>
File: sZYI6tt.jpg (20 KB, 335x471) Image search: [Google]
sZYI6tt.jpg
20 KB, 335x471
>>17002932
I'm walking a bit now, only a little.
>>
I use to receive constant phonecalls at stupid times in the morning. they would always go "Hello can I speak to Anon?" to which I would say "Yes, speaking" and they would hangup. It was a different person every time.
One day they stay on the line. I bring up the fact that they keep hanging up. I ask them what on earth it is that they want. There's a long pause and for a while I thought they had hungup on me. Then they respond with "Hello. Can I speak to Anon?"
At this point i'm just irritated and confused. I ramble for a while and then the line goes fuzzy and I can hear crackling and beeps. Then the line went dead. They haven;t phoned since.

I get the feeling that someone caught onto me. about what, I don't know. I'm very paranoid.
>>
>>17010240
You should have just ignored them.
>>
Ok I have one.

>Be me, working in a clothe shop, small business, there is two employee (one being me), the boss is in another shop, in another town.
>It's winter, it's snowy outside and no customers, my coworker decide to clean the basement.
>phone rings, check the number to see if it's the boss so I don't have to say ''Hello, anon here, how can I help you''.
>Number is 0. Just 0.
>decide to take the call to see if it's some kind of advert or what.
>white noise for a few seconds, then a fucking scream.
>I think it's a female's scream but not human, I mean not a human voice.
>Scream stops, white noise again.
>I Hang up the phone, fuck this.

Still don't know if it was a prank or not since the number that called was 0. Also my coworker said she sometimes feel like she's being followed, or that the air aroud her is suddenly freezing or that something softly touches her shoulder. I don't.
>>
>>16998298
I used to get old people calling looking for Brenda too. Fuck DAT bitch
>>
>>17002558
>yyyeahhheheh
he came
>>
>>17007249
You called a numbers station, Anon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.