[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo, I have a question When I was a child I used to experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: asd.jpg (29 KB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
29 KB, 400x355
Yo,
I have a question
When I was a child I used to experience something that's quite hard for me to describe

Right before I fell asleep, went into some kind of a panic/shock
when I looked around the room it felt as if the space was expanding (?)
I couldn't keep my eyes on the same spot and I couldn't close them either because it only made things much worse
I had to keep moving
I couldn't stay in one place looking at one thing

This is the best I got
Anyone felt anything similar?
>>
Your body entering sleep paralysis before you fall asleep.
>>
It was your brain hemorrhaging, as the brain parasite began recycling your grey matter to mass replicate and eventually descend through your syrebrial cortex and colonize your various meat pouches.
>>
>Yo,
>/trash
>>
>>16972611
No, I know sleep paralysis.
This state persists after you're awake
>I had to keep moving
>I couldn't stay in one place looking at one thing
I was not immobile
I was awake.
>>
>>16972612

OP got raped.
>>
>>16972644
did everything turn black even though your eyes were still open?
>>
>>16972604
Yes. Exactly the same shit used to happen to me. I would have to keep moving like from place to place not just in bed, or else everything expanded sometimes it would be accompanied my loud noises, laughs almost. Almost every night as a child.
>>
>>16972604
Op the same shit used to happen to me, I would go to the kitchen with a stick to kill any bad guys and have a cup of milk, usually after that I would go back to bed and doodle with my eyes and try to catch the fuckin colored noodles that appear until I eventually passed out. Shit was scary though
>>
>>16972604
>>16974622
>>16973925

same here. maybe we have somthing in common. I need to know what it is. I still have this shit sometimes.
>>
I used to have weird memories of a very tense feeling, as well as very hushed wet- sounding whispering from when i was a kid
Went to shrink and found out i was molested
Not relevant, but i had to get it off my chest
>>
>>16976730
Thats like 4 people. Somethings up with this
>>
>>16977425
Reptilians
>>
>>16972604

I had that. I used to think it was great fun though. I just held on and rode the tiger.

Kinda wish it still happened.
>>
>>16972604

I used to get the same thing when I was very young, quite regularly. Lying in my cot or later my bed, the room rapidly shrinking and expanding, the ceiling shooting up at jaunty angles like a giant crooked house, my vision turning into layers of geometric shapes, virtues of them, and when I'd close my eyes what had been happening to the room would happen to me inside, I'd expand to the size of a country and then shrink back down suddenly to the size of a pea, all with this rushing, moving, gravitational feeling spreading through my being. Like someone else said, I miss it, it was interesting.

No idea what it was but I do also happen to have fairly clear, early memories of life. Not just of that experience but of walking around the waking world too, when I was younger than aged 18 months (I know it was prior to this age because my grandmother died when I was 18 months and she was there in these memories). Anyway, all I can say is that at that age your perceptions of external reality are very fluid. Nothing looks solid, people and colours and objects change size and shape all the time, flow into one another, appear differently at different times. Nothing is set. I believe it's because we learn reality, things only become geometrically fixed, solid, uniform as we learn the concepts behind them. And going back to the feeling OP noted, at the edge of sleep as a child this effect of a fluid reality is vastly more pronounced.
>>
>>16977589

*vortices of them
>>
>>16972604
I used to get this as a child when having fever dreams. I would be in this enormous white room with all these strange geometric shapes in it.

We had a huge thread about this a few weeks ago, so I realized it's not uncommon.

This article is quite informative:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_syndrome
>>
This is a common form of dissociation /thread
>>
>>16972644
Sounds like a nocturnal panic attack.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/panic-attacks/expert-answers/panic-attacks/faq-20057984
>>
had this too, i remember crying to my mum because I was so scared lol I vividly remember telling her the cup of water next to her was huge. had strong feelings of rolling boulders getting huge then miniscule, from a side profile perspective too. also yes I know we've confirmed other people have it, I'm just having input.
>>
>>16977625
scary article
>>
>>16977589
read this>>16977625
>>
The whole room kept expanding didn't it. An expanding blackness. I had it too and I've always wondered what was happening.
>>
I remember when I was little, having weird faint visions before falling to sleep. It would consist of a object changing texture to smooth and bumping quickly over and over also my mother speaking to me in fast, high pitched, low pitched tones and repeating the same lines over and over. I know this wasn't a dream cause I use to open my eyes quite easily after getting sick of the same shit.
>>
I remember once staying at my friends house when I was around 12, and before going to sleep, but certainly in a dream-type state, looking up and seeing what looked like a fullsize airplane flying around the ceiling with clouds and everything. I was definitely not dreaming because I remember blinking it away forcefully. couldn't make this shit up, and nothing like that has happened since
>>
I am now 19 and I still have this sometimes. For example when I am really really tired but I can't sleep it feels like my head would become very huge or very small. It's weird but I think it's kinda normal, isn't it?
>>
>>16972604
Did an adult ever observe you while this was happening? Was there any sort of disoriented behavior to go with it? I had a friend who's daughter has partial seizures, basically the brain has a malfunction in how it is processing input. In her case it would often be accompanied by panic or a trance like state, and not being able to walk straight, turning to the right.

Many kids grow out of childhood epilepsy, and very mild seizures can go undiagnosed, even if they happen often.
>>
>>16979939
Also, the younger you are, the less developed your brain is, as well as your inner construct of perceived reality. So not only are young children more open to realities adults have filtered out, they can also hallucinate more easily, because it's harder to decipher the difference between inner chatter, white noise, and actual real input. It tends to be worse when a child is going to bed because the dark and quiet and stillness leave the child's developing mind with a sense of sensory deprivation.

As a child I had some experiences I can confirm were paranormal because others in the house had them, too, sometimes all of us at once. But I also observed at a very young age that I could make myself hallucinate, and would sit there in the silence and dim light of early morning making the hallucinations come and go at will to test what the difference was between what was in my head and what was 'real'. As I grew older, it became harder to do, because the brain is more developed and my perception of reality a more permanent construct. I can still hear music or voices in white noise sometimes, usually from a noisy fan, or induce tunnel vision in a dark room and then move the shadows clockwise, then reverse it, at will. Just a trick of the mind grasping at missing visual data, or in the case of white noise, projecting expectations while looking for patterns. Your mind is constantly looking for recognizable patterns in all things at all times whether you are aware of it or not, and then attaching meaning to the patterns, sometimes incorrectly.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.