[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Pill General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 28597.jpg (55 KB, 297x475) Image search: [Google]
28597.jpg
55 KB, 297x475
Books similar to Prometheus Rising?
I'm newfag as fuck, so beginner magick shit will be appreciated.
>>
>>16940901
look up christopher hyatt- he has a couple youtube interviews and his energized meditation book is the closest thing you'll find to prometheus rising desu famm
>>
>>16940914
he's also big on crowley so i think that a /thread is in order
>>
>>16940914
Cool, I saw that one mentioned alongside Prometheus a long time ago.
>>
>>16940901
Advanced Magick for Beginners / Alan Chapman
But first read the Energized Meditation, cool book.
>>
Farrars witches bible, for some good laughs.

Ye olde Gardnerian/alexandrian wiccans.
>>
>>16940901
Read Condensed Chaos and Liber Null
If you are interested in Chaos Magic this are very good books
Liber Null even as an explanation on various magic ''tricks'' such as sigils
Enjoy
>>
Not similar but a good compliment: http://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/nok/NoK.pdf

Have you done all of PromRi's exercises?
>>
>>16941438
>Advanced
>for Beginners
what?
>>
>>16940901

If you're looking for more practical work you can do with the "8-circuit" model then you're absolutely going to want The Eight-Circuit Brain by Antero Alli and The Shamanic Path to Quantum Consciousness by Laurent Huguelit.

While not dealing specifically with the 8-circuit model, Phillip Farber's Brain Magick would make a good supplement to the others.
>>
save bump
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 316x475
Read Thundersqueak. Then SSOTBME.
>>
fuck this gay board.
>>
>>16946761
Welcome back OP.

Try reading all of Montalks site, and his recommended reading list.
>>
>>16946761
honestly the place is full of idiots, especially when it comes to getting book recommendations. it's nothing but satanic/crowley/judaism. even hyatt may be just another drug abusing sexual deviant. that's just about as un-magical as you can get.

try to open your mind generally rather than practicing specific magic methods.

you don't need casting spells and Gothic shit. I've read Prometheus rising and it changed my life. I've also read the a book on the Golden Dawn and I've done some rituals. I got much more out of Prometheus Rising and all I did was read with an open mind.
>>
>>16945046

YES.

Ramsey Dukes is great and underrated.
>>
File: advanced magic.jpg (11 KB, 230x346) Image search: [Google]
advanced magic.jpg
11 KB, 230x346
>>16942666
>>
>>16940917
Hyatt fucking loathes Crowley.
>>
>>16947284
>book recommendations
>anonymous
Pick one.
>>
>>16947321
what the hell are you saying, you can't give book recommendations in an anonymous format?

i recommend you pick up ANY english book and learn to form complete sentences you memearrowing pleb.
>>
>>16947321

Oh yeah its not like anyones posted any recommendations or anything. We're all too busy fapping to futanari.
>>
>>16947377
Anonymity precludes the entire concept of recommendation. Anonymous interaction is strictly at-your-own-risk.
>>
>>16947440
i have never rolled my eyes so hard in my life. get the fuck out of here you pretentious idiot.
>>
>>16940901
if you haven't read the the other books that are listed on the cover of that book, I'm not sure what I can do for you here.
>>
>>16947503
Then why don't you go find another thread to shit in?
>>
>>16947609
Not the person you responded to, but Cosmic Trigger makes a good companion to Prometheus Rising. Someone mentioned Ramsey Dukes earlier in this thread. His essay, The Charlatan and the Magus, is a good, quick read that offers some food for thought.
>>
I never see this book posted anywhere but I really liked Power vs Force. It reads like schitzo ramblings but after a while it all sinks in
>>
>>16940901
Master Game by Robert S DeRopp;
Psychedelic Shamanism by Jim DeKorne;
Nuclear Evolution by Christopher Hills
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.