[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: 1434749892295.jpg (296 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1434749892295.jpg
296 KB, 1200x800
I know /x/ occasionally has discussions on this.

Please enlighten me on the subject matter.
>>
>>16934079
Self inducing schizophrenia. Fun times with your imaginary friends
>>
>>16934147
You wouldn't be wrong
>>
>>16934079
your only going to get people talking about trivial things to do with a tulpa, instead of doing mind works with them or trying to use them like Tibetans intended them to be used
>>
>>16934079

A complicated issue. The best use for one is as an assistant, or particularly, that extra voice in the head that tells you to move your lazy ass.

>>16934605

Don't Tibetans consider them a side effect of meditation and work to eliminate them as an extra part of meditation?
>>
An aspect of yourself is projected into a thought form which "isn't you" and "isn't your subconscious giving you direction"

Even deity worship can sometimes be associated with the Self and an aspect of thought representing itself in form, and not an actual being, sometimes.

This is why we are told to test the spirits and make sure we know where they come from and what they believe in

It is very possible for a "demonic" entity to enter your tulpa and decieve you in some way
>>
>>16935281

I've found that more often than the worst demons are those of your own making given form through your insecurities.
>>
Anyways as someone who actually has a tulpa. It really isn't a big deal as long as you set boundaries.

You can do just about everything. But you really shouldn't. Really. Really. Shouldn't. Like the human mind is designed to do certain things automatically and manually controlling those processes is a great way to devastate yourself.

And don't get me started on the stunts to merg reality and the fantasy. Imposing is dangerous and I don't care how real it feels, being unable to see something because you imagine something else in the way is bad news.

I am however completely okay with keeping things internal, a healthy of imagination is good for the mind, just don't try to replace actual sleep with lucid dreaming too often.
>>
>>16934079

DON'T CREATE ONE

here is what may happen: >>16935306
>>
>>16935272
>Don't Tibetans consider them a side effect of meditation and work to eliminate them as an extra part of meditation?
only if they need them for aid in meditation, and yes eventually you stop needing them and they fuse back into to you

they're a tool much like everything else
>>
>>16935336

I won't say whether or not this could actually happen to a person.

But a little willpower goes a long fucking way in this regard. {According to Freud, if a tulpa wants to do that kind of thing, it's because you want that kind of thing done to you. Tulpas are still a part of you, even if they are seperate.}
>>
>>16935328
I met a kid who made a tulpa and I guess it told him to go to a river and when he went to the river and seen me chilling out

When I was leaving he called me over and i smoker a bowl with him and he asked me something and i gave him an answer then he told me that his tulpa gave him a vision and for some strange reason i may have had some impact and was the reason he was directed to me

I didnt judge him on the fact he had a tulpa, i was just suprised I mer someone who cared about spirituality to some degree and wr shared some philosophy was pretty cool
>>
>>16935349

That's a good reasonable use of a tulpa right there. As opposed to some of the shit I've seen on .info.
>>
>>16935374
Perhaps tulpa is a form of ego transformed into a form? Ever imagine youself as someone else, is that like the same thing
>>
OP here

I am still listening, the option to create a tulpa is still fresh in my mind, but I have some doubts in the process.

For one, I have a hard time trying to convince myself that something might be there when I have no visual or auditory evidence. I know that there might be a way around this but I have yet to cross that boundary.

The second, I worry on the prospect of what the tulpa can be composed of. Whether it will be created to serve a means to help me it could also backfire and become a receptacle for my negative thoughts. Something preferred to be avoided.
>>
>>16935473
Chill out mayn smoke a blunt instead
>>
>>16935473

The former I wouldn't even bother, think of it as something you see in your mind, but actually accept as a thing, Like a Dream NPC that sticks with you.

as for the latter, think of the punching bag opportunities.
>>
>>16935346
>According to Freud, if a tulpa [...]
so Freud knew about tulpas and wrote about them in his books?
>>
>>16935980

application son, No he didn't do tulpas that was Jungs area of fuckery.

I'm just saying that if something in your mind is going bad, it's because you are going bad not because of some third party force that happens to be occupying your mind.
>>
>>16934079
If you don't jerk off and cum for us, a Great Darkness will befall you.
>>
>>16935492
>Smoking weed with a tulpa
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1620x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1620x2048
>tryna make a Tulpa
>we become best bros, he can't speak yet but he can communicate and help me do some cool mind tricks
>get distracted with work and crap, forget to passive force a lot and basically forget him
>I try bringing him back for an active forcing session after a couple of weeks without him
>his appearance has changed, actually a lot cooler than what I was going for
>can still basically reach the same point I was at with him before by focusing on him, but it's harder to keep him passively around like before
>but still worried I might have ruined my past progress with him

Is it possible that I could have messed up and regressed/reset my progress, or do they basically just stay the same and keep developing in the back of your head?
>>
>>16938408
Same deal. Left one alone due to life. Call it up again 2 years later, its changed a bit, but got surprised by it because it still had traits I forgot I gave it. In cold weather it wears mitts and boots, I forgot I added that in, so its a stable mental construct that's autonomous because it wouldn't have those if I generated it new because I fully forgot. Plus they're pretty specific and the same ones. Apparently she's been living in my memories. Trying to get her vocal.

I think they're pretty robust. I don't notice any regression, but I'm mad I forgot cause shed be a full fledged sentient mind subsection by now.
>>
I want a tulap
>>
File: creepypasta-tulpa-fetish-2.png (3 MB, 1134x8671) Image search: [Google]
creepypasta-tulpa-fetish-2.png
3 MB, 1134x8671
>>16934079

>Tulpas
DON'T EVEN TRY IT

<- this is how you may end up

you have been warned
>>
>>16934079

It's forcibly creating a new psychological "partition", not a good idea.
>>16934147
is more or less the case.

Surely you'd rather focus on building your psychological and spiritual resources rather than splitting them up in dangerous and unpredictable ways?
>>
>>16938596

Unpredictable? Why building a Tulpa merely requires a bit of Foresight and Willpower to maintain a steady focus, It's like a Lucid dream.

Granted a lucid dream that's a lot harder to escape from if you fuck up but there are methods.
>>
File: 1423956176515.png (2 MB, 1600x5000) Image search: [Google]
1423956176515.png
2 MB, 1600x5000
obligatory
>>
>>16938720

>He doesn't scrub pony from his images

Fail.
>>
>>16938585
>>16938720
only Jackie Chan tulpa
>>
>>16938720
Isn't this like the worst case scenario tho?
>>
>>16938790

That's the dumbass scenario yes.
>>
>>16938790
no, this >>16938585 is the worst
>>
I have a tulpa and he has yet to eat my soul or seize control of my body.
>>
>>16934079
>>
>>16934079
>occasionally has discussions on this.
Haha. HAHAH.
>>
>>16938868

That story is hilarious. Like, really really funny.

>I'm afraid of dying
>In my head
>The place where I have complete imaginative control
>>
File: 1444497315771.jpg (37 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1444497315771.jpg
37 KB, 396x382
>>16934079
>>
Yo ... so this works?
Like, will people other people be able to see my tulpa? or will my tulpa be able to do my homework or shit like that?
>>
File: qyqjibpzseizcfwvhnlt.gif (3 MB, 636x348) Image search: [Google]
qyqjibpzseizcfwvhnlt.gif
3 MB, 636x348
Would you Dance All Night with your tulpa?
>>
>>16938907
What if when you die in your head you go insane?
>>
>>16938987

Ever had nightmares?

Cause Dying happens in your head all the time.
>>
>>16938961

Yes.
No and no, what are you talking about?
>>
>>16938961

>homework

Fuck off you underage little shit
>>
>>16938907
I think the OP in the quoted thread >>16938585 is not concerned about dying
He is afraid that his tulpa became abusive and is gaining more and more control over him
But it seems he finally accepts his fate as his tulpa plaything... kek
>>
>>16939070
this
I particularly remember dying in my dream (not even a nightmare) when some sort of elevator lifted me up through a spiral staircase (that dream logic), head first, right into a solid metal gate above me, which was supposed to be opened, but it wasn't. Mid-way I become fully aware that I'm going to be crushed. I woke up when my head touched the metal gate. I hated the feel this dream gave me.
>>
>>16938961
Dude all a Tulpa is, is a self-created Delusion.
Why would you think other people can see it?
>>
>>16939443

Two words: Astral Projection.
>>
>>16939443
A Tulpa is actually a self actualizing entity fully capable of thought and reason. It's how Buddhas went to dreamlands also apparently. If you go to the same dream as someone else your tulpas should be able to see each other.
>>
>>16935340
This is how the characters in anime I watch present themselves to me.
They come in and I can compare and decide on traits to obsorb
>>
>>16939611
Read: they may not be tulpas at all,and it's just less scary for me to think they are.
>>
>>16934079
I wouldn't call them "discussions". More roleplaying faggots and those that get mad at them.
>>
>>16939624
>role playing.
What a beautiful description for enlightenment.
You find the universes role for you, and play with it
>>
>>16938408
>>16938425
I wouldn't worry too much, I lost my tulpa for about a month shortly into her creation, when she came back she did seem a bit more distant, it was much more difficult to keep her around passively. I just worked hard at it and, though it certainly wasn't as easy as the first time, she's now more real to me than ever.
>>
These threads always look the same.

On one side you have stupid immature ignorant people asking stupid questions and on the other side you have your dear /x/ half-normie anons screaming the same "IT'S SELF SCHIZO" over and over again.

I wish there were a good place to discuss these things. 5+3 chan can be good in that regard but it's the slowest board ever, and we're not necessarily safe from pony retards either. Reddit has a few okay people in a sea of tumblr retards and tulpa.info is pretty much the same I believe.

With that said you guys really should stop making these threads, if you really intend to make one then at least put some more thoughts into the OP so you don't attract all these kinds of retards I just mentioned.
>>
>>16940083

Just ignore the retards.

Even though you can count more than a few trolls who repost old misinformation. I'd almost rather deal with .info's idiocy.

Granted due to board culture, any valid discussion is going to be shitposted to hell and back because MUH PONY FAGGOTRY, MUH CHALUPA....

Blech.
>>
>>16938585
anyone who believes this is real and not a story is clueless
>>
>>16940496

And yet after seeing shit like Oguigi and /Tesseract/ I can confirm that you can go into the spooky area with tulpa. Deeply spooky.
>>
File: kekheiser.jpg (7 KB, 168x300) Image search: [Google]
kekheiser.jpg
7 KB, 168x300
>>16939611
>>16939617
epic

tfw loli is my spirit animal
>>
>>16940574
>Oguigi and /Tesseract/
Mind telling us more?
>>
I've been strongly considering creating one despite initial skepticism. Just need to do some more reading so I waste as little time and effort as possible. Whether it's induced schizophrenia or something else is immaterial as long as the results are indistinguishable from each other.

Can a tulpa detect when you're losing touch with reality?
>>
>>16941604

Former, Is omega beta. Created an Alpha Tulpa. end result involving some serious mental disorders cropping up from being incapable of handling your own mind.

Latter is a traditional example of full blown Multiple Personality Disorder gone bad. End result was 7 different personalities became one and reality just is a little bit of a challenge these days.
>>
>>16941659

I would not count on your tulpa to be able to catch on such things. Not without lots of practice first.
>>
>>16941659
You really won't be losing touch with reality. It takes a lot of time (like years) before you will have hallucinations of your tulpa. Though once it's mastered, you still have a pretty good idea of what is reality and just inside your head.
>>
>>16941604
oguigi wanted to become human and make the host a tulpa. the host agreed with this, trained switching and recorded in a blog. seems that's not possible and they started seeing shadow people.

never heard of tesseract. apparently involves merging tulpas.
>>
Someone needs to make a decent alternative to .info
>>
>>16943111
Unfortunately I don't think it'll happen. There's Tulpa network but it's dead as shit. No discussion really. The problem with thought forms is that voices in your head are often associated with Schizophrenia or other mental disorders. So they are shunned by the general public, and don't really have many level people aiming to create them.
>>
>>16943299
There's a good number of level-headed people that will be turned away from the concept because of a shitty community - I've seen quite a few people tell me that they didn't want to be involved with a hugbox or a site that's just used to talk about tulpa sex.
>>
>>16942882
By losing touch with reality I meant in a more general mental illness sense. No hallucinations or voices but in the past I've gone off the deep end and done stuff like dump boiling water on myself to save a friend's job, etc. Having a separate personality in your head that potentially could be divorced from your regular thoughts strikes me as a useful safety net.

>>16942738
That's a shame, but worth looking into anyway.
>>
In an other thread some guy said that You could use tulpas to fight demons
Is it true senpai?
>>
>>16944462
For me it is (this is the same person you responded to). Even though I'm pretty level headed, having a tulpa has made stressful situations better because I end up making smarter decisions rather than emotionally charged decisions without thinking them over.
>>
>>16944470
Well, I don't believe in demons, so I can't say much on it. Since I'm pretty sure demons only exist in your mind, then yes, you can use beings in your mind to fight beings in your mind.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.