[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did people build pyramids in disparate cultures, times and places?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 31
File: pyramids.jpg (77 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
pyramids.jpg
77 KB, 500x376
Why did people build pyramids in disparate cultures, times and places?
>>
>>16009965
mundanes will tell you that it's because it's a simple, easy to build design

but the truth is aliens
>>
>>16009965
the sun makes the plants grow, the sun is holy, things that reach for the sun venerate it and hopefully draw its blessings, stone has a max compression weight, to get a higher top you need a bigger base, squares are easer to keep even.
boom everyone makes fucking pyramids.
>>
>>16009965
Because of Thoth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw
>>
>>16009965
but why no one build pyraminds in europe
>>
File: 1428694355485.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1428694355485.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
It's a simple and effective design.

But the more logical conclusion is extra-dimensional aliens who want to raise us beyond consciousness and make stone to bronze age people stack rocks.
>>
>>16010000
WINRAR
>>
>>16009998
There is atleast 1 huge pyramid in the Balcans. SOme1 probably could give us the name? I just know there is one buried under the vegetation. Also that there's one in Alaska.
>>
>>16009965
It goes back to the tower of babel.
>>
>>16009965
probably the same reasons a lot of houses are either square or rectangular, and a lot of primitive huts were round too.

simple, geometric shapes that won't fall over are quite popular with buildings.

now, I'm not gonna discount the possibility that man was a much wider travelled individual that history records him as, given oddities like the bearded statues in south america for a quick example, but the presence of synchronous developments doesn't have to be aliens or genetic memory promptings.
>>
I think there are plenty of other reasons and explanations of why this would happen, such as what >>16010085 said.

I think it's kind of sad that so many people discount that humans could have built things this big though. Not even that everyone would be building them, but that people could build giant buildings in general. It just seems dismissive of what humans are capable given (in some cases) near-infinite budget and manpower.
>>
File: MpegqTW.png (463 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
MpegqTW.png
463 KB, 800x600
>pyramid of the sun
>>
File: Pyramid of Cestius (12 BC).jpg (248 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid of Cestius (12 BC).jpg
248 KB, 1600x1200
>>16009998
Here you go.

>>16010005
It's bullshit made up by Bosnian nationalists.
>>
>>16009965

Because what the fuck was there to do back then?
>>
>>16010169
Have tons of sexy time?
>>
>>16010175
Pyramids + sexy time = win.
>>
>>16010005
>Supposedly

The Bosnians made it up and the international community says it's just natural flatiron formations.

The guy who "found" the temple said he found tunnels and inscribed stones but couldn't back up those claims, the inscriptions were found to be from his own team.

Look up pyramid of the sun for further reading.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x281
>>16009965
They were kind of like the McDonalds of antiquity. Every town had one, and the food and service were absolute shit. They mercifully died out a while ago.
>>
>>16009965
Because they were easy to build.

Also if you look at the details of the examples in your pic, you'll see that they in fact differed from a each other.
>>
>>16009965

Easy to build. you can easily get on top and praise your sun god and make sacrifices easily seen or rituals easily seen by the sun god
>>
>>16009998

>what are earth mounds
>>
>>16010501
An hard-to-name oblong solid. Not a pyramid.

The best way to describe it might be the solid generated by rotating the graph of y^2=x (bound by the x-axis) from x=0 to about x=4 about the line x=4.
>>
File: Stonehenge.jpg (663 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Stonehenge.jpg
663 KB, 1920x1080
>>16009998
Pyramids are pleb-tier tbh.
>>
>>16009965
It's not just that they were easy to build, they were the only way cultures with that level of metallurgy and architecture had to build structures that tall, and another purpose of many pyramids was to serve as a land mark. The Pyramid of the Sun or the Giza Pyramid can be seen clearly from miles away.
>>
File: chappell48[1].gif (60 KB, 624x237) Image search: [Google]
chappell48[1].gif
60 KB, 624x237
Don't forget Cahokia, IL. Native Americans built pyramids too, just out of dirt though... but still bad ass. Early archeologists thought Indians where stupid and that the lost tribes of Israel must have built them cause they where racists.
>>
>>16009965
What about bows, axes, lance-spears, maces and swords? many cultures developed this weapons without knowing the existence of each other.
>>
>>16011409
to hunt
>>
>>16009998
Theres tons of human made pyramids in Europe.
>>
>>16010734
I understand the reason. The reason IS to capacitate the spiritual energy that earth is vibrating out in order to protect it and continue interplanetary peace on earth.
>>
>>16010207
If I fuck someone on top of a pyramid, will I become star people?
>>
Pretty much because without access to materials like concrete and tempered steel its pretty hard to make a tall vertical structure. A pyramid is the most efficient way to attain height with crude building materials like rocks and wood.

Its therefore unsurprising that many primitive peoples used pyramids as 'great works'. Religious or ceremonial buildings existing to show off the power and authority of their religious caste and ruling elite.
>>
It's in tribute to the Dark Gods of the Vernix.
>>
>>16009965
Because they're neat.
>>
>>16009965
>Why did people build pyramids in disparate cultures, times and places?

Because not all people had the same culture and lived in one place at the same time.
>>
>>16009965
The Chinese made it to South America as early as 500BC and taught the Olmec civilization astronomy, how to tell the progression of time, and how to work and sculpt jade.
>>
File: 1426030230434.jpg (34 KB, 608x491) Image search: [Google]
1426030230434.jpg
34 KB, 608x491
>>16011527
The Olmecs were in North America, though.

Also, bullshit.
>>
Humans always had autism.
>>
>>16011531
Central America, look it up. The Chinese called the "far East" Fu-Sang.
>>
Tower of Babel was constructed. It was destroyed and the people were scattered. Now these different societies were trying to rebuild it.
>>
>>16011542
But the Olmecs were in Mexico (North America), not South America. Also, they were nowhere near the Pacific coast.
>>
>>16011546
http://www.cristobalcolondeibiza.com/2eng/2eng15.htm
>>
>>16009965
What I read was:
If they were build above caverns, of I think it was limestone, with openings in which light could enter and be absorbed in the water, they were powergenerators.
Giza for example just needs its insulator coating and metallic top as well as some kind of reactive material inside the queens chamber like uranium embedded in gold
The radioactive material or Ark of covenant is supposed to be a battery so that it can emit energy even during the night

Currently ^ is a cat in a box
>>
File: Pyramid_Arena.jpg (505 KB, 1024x774) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid_Arena.jpg
505 KB, 1024x774
>>16009998
There are, some aren't nearly as old though
They are just "feats of architecture" in "places to check out" like tourist hot spots and they are all over the world
I'm guessing that some are just for fancy looks, but when they have that signature top thats shinier or more transparent then the rest of the structure at the very tip, its a bit unsettling to me atleast. Especially if its an extremely popular city or world famous structure.
>>
>>16010000
/thread
>>
>be 2000 years before some virgin gives birth in a manger
>don't know shit about architecture
>why is it that every time we try to build a massive house, it collapses?
>start to make every successive floor smaller
>doesn't look like this building will be collapsing
>this design is so easy, I'm gonna name it the "pyramid". Now, if we could only gather 10000 more slaves...
>>
>>16011546
>But the Olmecs were in Mexico
>nowhere near the Pacific coast
no you're just an idiot
>>
>>16011527
Slow down, Johnny Chang. The Chinese didn't sail anywhere worth while.
>>
>>16009965
Gravity, hills/mountains as examples. and the discovery of stairs.
>>
It's not that difficult of a design.

>stack blocks upwards until no more blocks

>hey peasant
>yes other peasant?
>perhaps have top of block pile come to point?
>we will see
>>
The real question is when will our modern civilization start building massive pyramids to leave behind long after we are lost?
>>
>>16009992
Replace the stuff about the sun being a god with basic human pride and you've got your answer.

You might be right for Mesoamerican cultures and other cultures which worshipped the sun though.
>>
File: olmec.jpg (33 KB, 672x247) Image search: [Google]
olmec.jpg
33 KB, 672x247
>>16011829
except they were and primarily around the gulf of mexico
>>
>>16013127
We aren't planning to go away.
>>
>>16013696
>dat nigger nose doe
>>
>>16011430
Yeah, I mean, if you're a desperate imbecile, that's the reason.
>>
>>16009965
to take advantage of implicit energy aspects and gradients in the natural landscapes.
post cataclysmic layers of culture were built over top
>>
Triangles are appealing to the human eye.
>>
because of the triangular gravity fields
>>
>>16009965
In times of worship or times of great wealth. If they were dying, how the hell would they summon enough power to build such elaborate monuments?

Stop questioning reality, you're not good at it.
>>
its pretty self explanatory- whats easier to make- a pyramid from sugar cubes or a tower the size of the empire state with sugar cubes.

but instead, we will discount the innovations of various ancient civilizations and claim they were to stupid to make such sophisticated wonders and say that aliens did it.

but white people somehow get credit for building the empire state?
>>
>>16014576
You suck at English, because nothing in the OP suggests anything about what you just said.
Unless you mistook the word 'disparate' for 'desperate'.

Don't make comments on English language text, you're not good at it. In fact, you are horrible.
>>
File: AoE_4_Wonders.jpg (33 KB, 448x298) Image search: [Google]
AoE_4_Wonders.jpg
33 KB, 448x298
They're wonderful, that's why.
>>
>>16009965
because it is the most effective way for a primitive culture to stack rocks really high
>>
>>16014606
Aliens made empire state
>>
>>16009965
Beause its a triangle. A leader will look over the horizon and say "I want a triangle right fucking there" it is a simple concept to come up with, and from an engineering perspective quite simple because triangles are inherently load bearing and a lot less math and complication goes into building a collossal structure of that shape. If you have 10,000 BCE math and engineering skills and you want a giant monument.. make a triangle.
>>
>>16015386
That's a stupid argument.
>>
>>16015420
...you think that 'only viable shape for a monument with architectural technology of an early civilization'.... is a stupid argument...
I... I dont think I can possibly argue with you on anything... God have mercy on my soul the day I meet you in an argument of whether or not "Hats exist"
>>
aryans
>>
Everyone claiming simplicity of design as an explanation is simplifying the technical accomplishment of the Pyramid builder and ignoring information like this:

www.gizapower.com

Amusingly, the same propagandists for conventional interpretation also accuse those questioning their claim that their given model of the civilization that consistently produced such sophisticated architecture, draftsmanship and knowledge of high mathematics, evidence of machine-tools and precision capabilities in their stone-work: Is discounting human potential by attributing it to Aliens . . .

One could argue that studying the accounts such cultures passed down to us state that we are the Children of these beings and that therefore: Humanity has the same potential and that the advanced civilization that created such monuments around the World was both Human and Alien and that we are their kindred: Yet this would only further prove that belief in Ancient-Aliens is a dangerous cult and this is in no way paranoid.
>>
lulz ancient alienz is racist
>>
>>16015386
This
>>
>>16015896
>dat ethnocentrism

Humans haven't eveolved markedly over tens of thousands of years. A 6 year old can make a few piles of dirt and realize the angle at which the dirt/sand/etc finally calves and rolls off is similar. It really is a simple process and people have always been smart, despite what alien fanboys will tell you.
Take that angle and make a big pile. Then design a means to make it even bigger. Have an excess of slaves? Hit them with whips to make them build blocks to build the pile higher and higher. Aim that huge pile at the sun to praise him, or the moon to placate her. Throw dead bodies off it...whatever.
Point is that in a world where there is nothing to do besides be a whipped slave and then get murdered, you can accomplish making a pile of dirt look impressive.
>>
>>16015947
Piles of dirt . . . Not precision cut stone set out to precise alignment and measurement . . . You're obviously educated yourself thoroughly regarding primitive beliefs.

There are also other common structures and motifs from such cultures besides Pyramids. Consider commonalities in cliff-dwellings and their world-wide distribution for another example.
>>
>>16013116

you made me laugh well done :)
>>
I built every pyramid to fuck with people on /x/
>>
>>16016079
>Cavemen lived in caves.
Brilliant. Must be aliens.
>>
File: CrimeaMangupkale.jpg (128 KB, 777x583) Image search: [Google]
CrimeaMangupkale.jpg
128 KB, 777x583
>>16017210
>>
>>16017210
Ayys confirmed
>>
>>16009965
Because as far as structures go, its by far, the most stable. When primitive cultures wanted to build a big-as-fuck structure, the pyramid was the most obvious choice.
>>
File: Khufu2.jpg (61 KB, 472x628) Image search: [Google]
Khufu2.jpg
61 KB, 472x628
>>16009994
I'm sure khufu would be upset if you said aliens built his shit
>>
File: great-pyramid.jpg (2 MB, 2278x1876) Image search: [Google]
great-pyramid.jpg
2 MB, 2278x1876
>>16011616
maybe the top is shinier because they draw inspiration from something
>>
File: smart.jpg (40 KB, 550x316) Image search: [Google]
smart.jpg
40 KB, 550x316
>>16011650
>>
>>16016079
I'm the guy you responded to.
Neolithic man could form blades from stone.
Take a river rock. Now take another river rock. Hit them together for a while. A long while, like the only thing you have in life to do is hit rocks with rocks.
While you're doing this, think about the way stones aggregate in lava, forming veins and fissures that you can only find after cataclysmic tectonic action, like say in subduction/compression zones that turn into mountains. Like in Peru and Asia...

Oh but what about pyramids?

sandstone cleaves in straight lines when they shear it with swollen timber spars. They've found the tooling on the stones from this. Need an angle? Whip 20 slaves to make a straight line with hammers.

Your dreams of aliens coming down with godlike intelligence is as laughable as jesus or satan. We have no shepard, faggot. We are not sheep.
>>
File: history.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
history.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
>>16009998
>>
>>16009998

because europe was under sheets of ice when the pyramids were built
>>
>>16010260

these pyramids were not easy to build. they are complete anomalies. their dimensions are all symbolic. their location is meaningful. the insides were complicated. the construction is really advanced. they seemed to make giant pyramids because they had some sort of meaning
>>
>>16017486

its not about aliens man.
>>
>>16017583
>these pyramids were not easy to build.
No-one said they were.
What we said is that they're the most feasible shape for a enormous construction when all you have is basic tools and stone.
>>
>>16017583
You're contradicting yourself. First they're all over the world, then they're complete anomalies. You need to calm down, shut the fuck up and do some more learning. You're the ignorant entity in this conversation.
>>
>>16018077

when did i say they were all over the world, you complete fucking idiot? honestly, before you project your inadequacies onto others, why dont YOU just shut the fuck up. I actually know plenty about the pyramids, and the more you learn about them, the weirder they become as far as im concerned.

>>16018069

why do people say this "no one said blah blah" bullshit. can i not just make a point? its not like they were worried about having an easy project. tbh, there are all sorts of other ways they could have made large structures, the pyramid probably had some sort of significance. They could easily move around large 100 ton stones around at the time, they probably could have figured out a plain old rectangle, or maybe even other types of pyramids.

i just think our ancestors were smarter than we give them credit for and they were building the pyramids the way they were for a reason, not just because they are structurally sound. there are tons of mathematical principles encoded in the architecture of the pyramids. the dimensions, the location, the insides, etc. just look it up. i bet the shape has something to do with this as well. i cant say for sure obviously, but its possible
>>
>>16018657
>the pyramid probably had some sort of significance
Yes, they did. They are the tombs for the children of Gods, the pharaohs. And I don't mean some random alien bullshit. The people of Egypt believed that the pharoahs were literally the direct descendents of the Gods of Egypt.

Its also amazing what someone whose job is to cut rock for 10 hours every day for months can accomplish with simple and primitive tools, especially if he has an entire team working together. Did you know that the pyramids in Egypt weren't built with slaves, but dedicated tradesman who were very skilled in their trades? That all those who worked on it were farmers for a large part of the year, and worked 3 month paid shifts on the largest civics project of that kingdom.

You discount them as primitive, but they are literally the same people as you or I, with the same brains and ability to think. Your average person is just as ignorant as to how to build a pyramid as they were back then. However, there are engineers and scientists whose entire lives are geared about building things, just like there was thousands of years ago.

You can take your muh aliens or 'primitive=stupid' ideas and go fuck a duck.
>>
>>16009965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmY_22jBkMU
BECAUSE OF THE ILLUMINATI
>DUH
>>NOT KNOWING ABOUT THE MASS CONSCIOUSNESS DEVICE THAT ALL LEADER UNIT HUMANS ARE INSTALLED WITH

IT'S LIKE YOU NEVER WATCHED ANY OF THOSE SPIRIT SCIENCE VIDEOS MADE BY THOSE FANS OF INVADER ZIM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SLjOX4ZCoo

WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE YOU BIG DUMBY
>>
>>16018657
>easily move around large 100 ton stones
retarded nigger
>>
>>16009971
This
>>
>>16017374
Why are you sure?
>>
No one's talk about the fact that the Sphinx is 12,000 year old. It was born when water was in egypt (12,000 year ago) as evidence by the water erosion on it and when leo was in the west (12000) years ago. There was an advance society 12000 years ago. This video can be watched to the benefit of the watcher: >>16009994
>>
>>16019092

Goddamn, why are you still here?
>>
>>16010140
thats in rome right?

They Build it in honor of the egyptians, who we're friends with the romans that time. Goddamnit do you guys even know Astrix & Oblix
>>
Because pyramids are cool looking, i guess.
>>
>>16021431
They certainly are.
>>
>>16009965

The shape itself offers strength that's built to last generation after generation(as we've seen, obviously), yet in actuality pyramids are a relatively simple design. It also seems, to me anyways, that it would be an efficient use of resources available.

So the answer to your question is really not very fun or anything but, IMO, it all boils down to the fact that it only made sense to our ancestors, regardless of what continent they were on.

For whatever reason, humans like to believe that our opinions/dreams, etc. are as unique as our selves, our personalities in many ways we are but when we get down to the nittygritty the majority of us are all the same. It's difficult for me to explain thisput words to my thoughts

As an example of what i'm trying to say, is that, *usually*, if you take, say, 10 people off the street and give them a problem to solve, the majority of people are usually going to pick the same solution. Our(humans) problem solving ability is going to lean towards doing this quickly

TL:DR Because people are not quite as creative and unique as they'd like to believe.
>>
>>16015896
for a minute there i thought you were going to say something intelligent.

nope. just more of your typical ancient aliens/sitchin/hancock bullshit.

thanks for denigrating the amazing accomplishments of our ancestors, moonmoon.

also, that giza power plant stuff is bullshit (see below)

>>16016079
>There are also other common structures and motifs from such cultures besides Pyramids. Consider commonalities in cliff-dwellings and their world-wide distribution for another example.

right. guess what the "common factor" was?

they were all made by humans.

this guy has it right:

>>16019083

also, anyone who is interested in understand how the great pyramid of giza was constructed, check out the doc about Jean-Pierre Houdin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Houdin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws4O5LOCI68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9C3rob_cTA
>>
They were actually all made by the same guy
>>
Work surplus
>>
>>16009965
It's the easiest way to build large buildings with that level of culture and technology
>>
>>16017383
This pyramid was raped by egyptians
Its outside was stripped off and used to build houses

there are speculation based on the sphinx estimating the date older than 10000 bc during ages where the sun went up in the sign of leo like during 12000 or 36000bc
>>
>>16021937
>>Someone considering alternative research and archeology relevant on /x/? I'll call them moonmoon.

At least you actually cited a source this time yet the debate about the antiquity and the true nature of the cultures that produced these monuments continues. Must be because of the Ancient Aliens cult and their deluded followers believing everything they say. It can't be because there are aspects involved that the conventional interpretation of history fails to address.
Nah, Occam's Razor eliminates the possibility that they could be wrong and that human history could be more complex, empowering and our heritage more diverse then we've been told.
>>
>>16023873
>Must be because of the Ancient Aliens cult and their deluded followers believing everything they say.

You got that part right.
>>
>>16009965
In a desperate attempt to gain immortality.
>>
You faggots. It's a pyramid. There's a fucking fire in the middle. You're not allowed to worship lucifer the fire symbol because were not building pyramids anymore, guys. God created the air, earth and seas and that was good but fire had us kicked from the garden of Eden because shit was corrupt. Probably to do with the reason we are alive. Like, the universe needs earth gone but two forces are at equal odds, creating a conundrum. Create pyramids for lucifer, and we can destroy the earth in fire and end it all for once and for all, and allow the universal progression to.... Progress.
>>
>>16010726
Stongehenge is weird, anyone else been there? Felt some sort of weird relaxing presence, hard to describe
>>
>>16023971
wtf is this mishmash of christian and hellenic bullshit you are spewing
>>
>>16023971
Please post more of your crack mythology.
I enjoyed reading this.
>>
>>16009994
>Giant pillow I want to beat you *raises fist*
>>
File: ancientaliens.jpg (514 KB, 1277x782) Image search: [Google]
ancientaliens.jpg
514 KB, 1277x782
alien contact beacons, pic related.
>>
>>16009965
structurally strong, tall buildings, symbols of power, the shape made it very resistant to natural disasters before all the tech we had today
>>
>>16024244
That's vegas you fucking pleb
>>
>>16009998
They did, checkout the Pyramids of Turkey and Siberian Russia
>>
>>16013055
They went to california in 1000-1400 ad.... but then they burnt their ships and became isolationist because of a crazy general.
>>
>>16027054
>Turkey
>Siberia
>Europe
Neither of those two places are a part Europe, except for a very small portion of Turkey. Learn some basic geography before you start spewing shit, fuckface.
>>
Our historians have pieced together ancient documents and found that this "empire state building" was built be our ancestors using mexican slave labor in the1950 to 1980 s era , a time well known for innovation in electronics. America was run by a strange for of government , the Citizen would input opinions into a machine and the mass desires of the group would be granted. Unfortunately this lead directly into setting the stage for World War 3.
>>
File: 1420662759615.jpg (88 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
1420662759615.jpg
88 KB, 620x500
To join this fancy parade of clever and less clever faggots, I just feel that it should be pointed out that what OP & his ilk so generously call "PYRAMIDS" aren't. The Mesoamerican stuff isn't the same as the Egyptian stuff (proper pyramids) isn't the same as the Mesopotamian stuff. They're structurally different (Egyptian pyramids are funerary monuments, Mesopotamian ziqqurātū are piles of clay onto which you climbed to be closer to UP = SKY = DIVINE). Just because they look 'triangular' doesn't mean they're the same thing.

Then again, aliens.
>>
File: SovietUchiha.jpg (66 KB, 896x650) Image search: [Google]
SovietUchiha.jpg
66 KB, 896x650
I love how people refer to pyramids as primitive!!!

DOES ANYONE REALISE THAT MODERN TECHNOLOGY IS STILL INCAPABLE OF BUILDING THE EGYPTIAN PYRAMIDS? The base-stone weighs over a thousand tonnes. The rock it's made from doesn't exist on the African Continent! The nearest place where similar rock is found is in South America. Which means that it was either shipped across the Atlantic or... fuck knows ... (fuck knows everything)

So if I told you that our current technology can't build the fucking Pyramids in the same way as the ancients did...

Still won't mind fucking at the top of that thing though ; )
>>
>>16027789
I had a sensible response to this, but the captcha ate it.

>I love how people refer to pyramids as primitive!!!
They were.

>DOES ANYONE REALISE THAT MODERN TECHNOLOGY IS STILL INCAPABLE OF BUILDING THE EGYPTIAN PYRAMIDS?
No.

>The base-stone weighs over a thousand tonnes.
No.

>The rock it's made from doesn't exist on the African Continent!
No.

>The nearest place where similar rock is found is in South America.
No.

>So if I told you that our current technology can't build the fucking Pyramids in the same way as the ancients did...
No.

In summary: No.
>>
>>16027851
Maybe.
>>
File: 1424028158706.jpg (760 KB, 1564x1002) Image search: [Google]
1424028158706.jpg
760 KB, 1564x1002
It was an ancient alien race of ape-like creatures.

They call themselves hue-mans.
>>
so much graham hancock bullshit in this thread. of course the only fascinating link posted in the thread gets glossed over by the lunatics.

seriously, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9C3rob_cTA [Embed]
>>
File: pyramidmaniascieletter.jpg (77 KB, 291x774) Image search: [Google]
pyramidmaniascieletter.jpg
77 KB, 291x774
>>16023873
> human history could be more complex, empowering and our heritage more diverse then we've been told.

I'm not really sure how believing we were created by ancient aliens to be a hybrid slave race to dig gold out of the ground can be construed as somehow "empowering".

believe whatever baseless stupid shit you want.

incidentally, not even robert schoch, pseudo-science's favorite geologist, can tolerate the nonsense about the so-called bosnian "pyramids".

quote:

"I maintain my conviction that there are NO pyramids at Visoko, Bosnia. Rather, all the so-called pyramids are the result of natural geological processes and phenomena that are currently being “excavated” (i.e., modified) to look like pyramids."

http://www.robertschoch.com/bosniacontent.html
>>
>>16027789
You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>16009965
Best way to stack rocks so they don't fall down for a long time.
>>
>>16009965
because you can build a roof without framing
>>
>>16019092
I still support you.
>>
because they're all humans so they all kind of think alike.
>>
>>16027789
Good God
>>
time travel and portals... shit like that
>>
>>16024244
Damn that's cool.
>>
Australia tried to make a pyramid, they call it uluru.
>>
they connect to ley lines

also I wonder what the Bosnia pyramid looks like
>>
>>16029049
define "ley lines"
>>
>>16029049
Get a load of this idiot.
>>
>>16029049
see:

>>16027929
>>
Why did people build circular weels in disparate cultures, times and places?
>>
why did people make spears, stone cutting tools, and arrowheads in disparate times and places?
>>
>>16011616
>>16017516
you two guys are the most retarder people ever
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 270x270
>>16009965

"Why don't mountains fall down?"
>>
>>16029039
That's where the great sky fish landed. If you dreamwalk it you can find it in an underground pool.
>>
>>16009965
They are the house of the Earth's major energy pools.
>>
>>16009965
Pyramids are a very simple shape, one easy enough for even the simplest mind to comprehend. a little math and slave power and bam, you got yourself a lovely eternal resting place
>>
>>16011616
Sardinia has one of the oldest pyramidic structures in the world: Monte d'accoddi 3500 BC
>>
>>16030731
Pretty much this. If you stack a bunch of blocks on another bunch of blocks to make a stable, tall stack of blocks, you generally end up with a pyramid.
>>
>>16027789
> MODERN TECHNOLOGY IS STILL INCAPABLE OF BUILDING THE EGYPTIAN PYRAMIDS
Why do retards keep making this claim?
>>
>>16031069
Because they're retards. This guy's right, though, when you say something like that with even the pretense of seriousness, it's retarded.
>>
>>16018657
>when did i say they were all over the world, you complete fucking idiot?

>why do people say this "no one said blah blah" bullshit. can i not just make a point?

I cant believe you started back to back paragraphs with these sentences. You're a riot
>>
>>16027789
They tried in Vegas, and even that effort was a disaster, as it was sinking into the ground. And that was built with steel and glass, not stone.
>>
>>16031113
[citation needed]
>>
File: tmp_2e0ifDH-2028486807.jpg (51 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2e0ifDH-2028486807.jpg
51 KB, 500x402
>>16018657
Beyond that, if you're looking for "concepts of higher mathematics" you're going to find them everywhere. It's a fallacy to attribute them to active design, especially when you don't offer any sort of null hypothesis.

What the the odds that you throw down 3 pyramids, and they don't have any mathematically relevant values whatsoever?
>>
File: 450px-Oguz_Shema.jpg (29 KB, 450x255) Image search: [Google]
450px-Oguz_Shema.jpg
29 KB, 450x255
By the way,on the OP-pick Khurgans are forgotten.

If someone doesn't know - that are kind of pyramids,inside of which there are scythian emperors' graves,and outside - piramide-like hill
>>
>>16027886
>>No citation proving that what Graham Hancock advocates is BS. Just implication.

Why don't you post AAD and spam sock-puppet posts proclaiming it as the best thing since Ayyy LMAO?

>>16027929
>>Implying that that's all we were and the only interaction that occurred between Human's and our progenitors. Implying that our heritage being interstellar isn't important and awe-inspiring.

By the way, you do realize that calling Robert Schoch championed by those you deem pseudo-scientific and implying that because he disagrees with an assessment of an archeological site means that it harms alternative archeology as whole because they are not in unanimous agreement: Were you aware that that's actually trying to force your own cult-thinking on your opposition?
>>
File: tableofCON.jpg (55 KB, 677x288) Image search: [Google]
tableofCON.jpg
55 KB, 677x288
>>16031325
>By the way, you do realize that calling Robert Schoch championed by those you deem pseudo-scientific and implying that because he disagrees with an assessment of an archeological site means that it harms alternative archeology as whole because they are not in unanimous agreement: Were you aware that that's actually trying to force your own cult-thinking on your opposition?

did you purposely write this with incomprehensible grammar in order to prevent criticism?
>>
>>16009965
because its easy to build high building that way?
are you retarded op?
>>
>>16009965
Same reason they build axes, swords, houses, boats, statues, etc. in different places.
>>
>>16031585
And by that I mean aliens.
>>
>>16031069
I think they mean we couldn't make the pyramids today without the machinery and technology we have, just using the tools they used, but its still a retarded tinfoil claim
>>
>>16031596
It is. Here's all we really have to know to realize how badly off the mark that claim is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Horseman#Thunder_Stone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_monoliths_in_the_world

People having been moving giant stones around all over the world all throughout history. The idea that the egyptians had to have some special knowledge is simply ignorance.
>>
>>16027324
proof?

none
>>
>>16031605
Yeah, but retards seem to be resistant to new information. As anon said, there is nothing fucking empowering about believing you are a slave race that needed the help of alien astronauts to be able to think, speak and move stones about. I mean, I have strong misanthropic tendencies, but that's a seriously demeaning and dumb thought. Almost makes me feel sorry for those dumb fucks, as that shows that they have absolutely no faith in their own abilities either and feel like they have to hand over the responsibility for their brain to fucking aliens. That's fucking sad.

Gods, I fucking hate these ancient aliens writers like Sitchin and Däniken and Velikovsky. Making a shitload of money with made up bullshit twisting and manipulating facts to fit their money-grubbing agenda, and people fucking buy into it.

Fucking humanity.
>>
>>16032125
Oh, and:

Just because I don't know how to genetically engineer wild plants into getting proper grain doesn't mean the only valid explanation is that mighty beings from space visited us and taught us how to do it.

Have some fucking faith in fucking humanity. Fucking aliens.
>>
>>16027324
>>16031609
http://www.cristobalcolondeibiza.com/2eng/2eng15.htm
>>
>>16032125
I find Velikovsky's stuff so completely over the top that I can't help but love him. He had the balls to declare all of human knowledge in total error.

It also helps that now he's dead. Stitchin I kinda wish would just fall down a well or something.
>>
File: planet-nibiru.jpg (47 KB, 588x377) Image search: [Google]
planet-nibiru.jpg
47 KB, 588x377
>>16032230
sitchin is also dead. but, he has a new generation of morons and hucksters to carry on his debunked bullshit.
>>
>>16032266
Oh man, so he is! I totally missed that, and I've been talking about him for years after the fact!
>>
>>16009965
Societies make huge buildings for aesthetic reasons and for displaying their power and status. Pyramids are one of the the easiest types of large building to build.
>>
>>16019083
I secound and third this
>>
>>16032230
You gotta admire the crazy in a way, yeah. I read a few of his books (by no means all of them, because waste of time), and when I read his 'memoirs of Nergal' I was reeling with laughter. But still, pseudoscientific crap.

>>16032266
Yeah. Too bad he died rich and in peace.
>>
>>16032318
Fourthed.
>>
>>16019083
typical sheep learned material
>>
>>16009998
>16014510
resources were more scarce in europe, so designs had to use less
Pyramids exist where resources are abundant, and therefore large solid structures can be made
>>
As a kid, did you ever push dirt together into a pyramid shape?

Who planted this idea in your brain
>>
maybe because they have steppingstones? Their angles are easy to work with to further reach a higher elevation. It's much easier building a pyramid structure than a cube structure. They conveyed the magnificence of their civilizations and greatness. If you had one it meant you were from a respectable nation or tribe.
>>
>>16017583
Please give human ingenuity some credit. If we can communicate with each other over the internet from hundreds of miles away, I'm sure our ancestors could have figured out how to make a complex building.
>>
File: TalusConesIsfjorden.jpg (1 MB, 3232x1544) Image search: [Google]
TalusConesIsfjorden.jpg
1 MB, 3232x1544
>>16032347
Try to prove this pic doesn't prove the existence of aliens, sheeple!
>>
>>16032724
my god, those look laser cut

I doubt we could recreate it even with our modern technology
>>
pyramids were memes basically
>>
>>16032746
you can clearly see crystal structures housing aliens all over the place.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.