[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Appalatia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 24
File: image.jpg (271 KB, 900x623) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271 KB, 900x623
I have been very interested in the extreme isolation and poverty of rural appalatia. The poorest counties in appelatia are among the poorest in the United States, with some homes lacking electricity or plumbing. This is an area where all of the mining and logging jobs have dried up, and there has been an exodus of the inhabitants of these mountains, people of mostly scot-Irish descent, that had been living there for centuries. The ones that are left behind are said to be so desperately poor that they cannot leave, drug addicted or dependent on welfare, or too elderly to move. I feel that there is a huge potential for scary shit to happen there, and was wondering if there were any creepy pastas or stories on rural appelatia that existed. Or perhaps some old appalatian folk stories that people knew or first hand accounts of the conditions there or scary situations they have been in the mountains.
>>
Respectively self bumping
>>
bump for op.
>>
>>15478471>>15478471
Thx m8
>>
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/933716_Mountian_Men__hillbillies__satanists_and_other_creepy_stories_from_Appalachia.html
>>
Bumping this thread so its here in the morning
>>
I grew up in rural Kentucky, and I hardly feel comfortable visiting the country again because of my experiences there. Most of the more exceptionally fucked up shit revolved around one man that lived in a trailer atop the town's highest mountain. It's some Hills Have Eyes type shit. Anyone interested?
>>
>>15478862
of course
>>
>>15478862
Yes
>>
>be me
>be four
>father got job as administrator of nursing home, mother in college to be educator
>as soon as mom gets degree father is arrested for selling pills from nursing home on the streets
>the claims are all false, but my father moves away anyway after he's fired from his job
>feel abandoned in shit town that assumes I'm the spawn of a drug dealer that steels from the elderly and an unwed whore trying to corrupt their children
>>
>>15478862
Pineville-Corbin area?
>>
>mom is student teaching under special ed teacher for elementary aged kids
>there are an unusually high number of mentally handicapped children considering the number of people in town
>mom catches on that there are only about eight families in the entire town, and just a handful of outsiders like us
>special ed teacher constantly refers to all the kids as monsters and shits and retards
>threatens to drown them in the toilet if they speak without raising their hands
>once a day looks to the ceiling and screams,
>"This is too much Lord! You've put too much on me! I am ready to slit these children's throats God, and I don't wanta be one of those women who kills babies!"
>Only assistant in room just smokes and reads "Kentucky Living" as this goes on
>Superintendent is in room one day to evaluate special ed teacher
>"I will slit your fucking retarded throat you little shit"
>special ed teacher is fired
>mom is offered position so long as she gets certified
>gets certified, becomes special ed teacher for county
>first year as teacher
>spontaneous meeting about two new special needs students
>both are cross-eyed and unable to count
>look at her(around her) and cheer
>"We're brothers and cousins!'
>>
File: 1389823428526.jpg (82 KB, 570x450) Image search: [Google]
1389823428526.jpg
82 KB, 570x450
not too extreme appalacia, but nowhere else more appropriate right now. just think how much kinky shit was going down in this city in the middle of nowhere

http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2013/01/04/s-m-horror-dungeon-discovered-in-kentucky/

let's see - my friend d had 13 brothers and sisters growing up in west virginia, and told me he once saw a mountain lion in his backyard.

and then there's this guy :0 jessco the tapdancing outlaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNPvKsUltrA

tennessee native myself, grew up on the border of city and country - saw fairies, ghosts, and an oak tree demi god in my time at home. and had a pretty sweet view of the sky its entirety. miss that
>>
>>15478939
Not too far from there, a little father east
>>
>>15478985
>"What?
>social worker explains their mothers were sisters and lived with the man at the top of the mountain
>We'll call him Henry
>Mom realizes Henry fathered three of the other kids in her class
>Henry is there for the meeting
>Has what are obviously shit stains on his shirt, possibly blood stains
>His beard grows over his mouth and curls down to his navel, which is visible because his shirt rides up over his fat rolls
>Wears broken sunglasses the duration of the meeting.. Every time I saw him until the very end actually
>Ear wax runs down his cheeks and into his beard every time he speaks
>>
>>15479037
>Henry says he knows what the old teacher would say about the students and that if my mother does a thing to any of his five children...
>He just convulses and spits to finish off his threat
>The meeting ends and mom and the useless assistant return to the classroom to teach special kids how to wipe and write and things of such nature
>notices all of Henry's children are crosseyed, have different mothers
>Every child wears the same clothes everyday and come covered in the mysterious shit-like stains
>Henry's five have more stains than the others
>>
I grew up in a small Appalachian town in North Carolina. Population, even according to the most recent census, about 550 people.

Nothing too crazy, for the most part people just work hard in whatever job they can find, but there is a lot of poverty due to any lack of industry.

Interestingly though, despite mostly everyone having (relatively) modern technology, there are still tons of people that are very superstitious and believe in shit that would basically amount to witchcraft in most places.

> be about 5 years old
> terrible warts on my left-hand knuckle area
> always bite/cut them off because I'm a retarded southern kid
> literally barefoot and overalls
> parents decide to eventually take me for proper medical treatment
> so, of course, they take me to the local old woman with healing abilities
> get to her house, nothing seems off, outdated home and rural but clean enough
> she looks at my hand, walks around me once and then goes and gets a small stone
> she gently rubs all the warts on my hand with the stone and starts mumbling a bunch of stuff
> does a couple circles around me, walking and mumbling intently
> starts speaking a little louder (nothing alarming) and then goes to her front door and throws the stone out into her yard
> anon, the warts will be gone in a week or two

My dad drove me home with total confidence that it would work. When the rest of my family found out the responded with a tone like "about time you took him to a doctor".

Of course the shit never worked. About two years later we moved away and I saw a real doctor. Got some sort of medicine that smelt like pine trees and the warts went away permanently after about a month.

I dont mock my family for doing any of that, honestly parts of the Appalachians are so isolated and routed in history/poverty people had to come up with their own remedies. Of course a lot of the shit was hogwash, but a lot of it resulted in a greatly independent society that was really resilient.
>>
>>15479112
If this is moving too slow, tell me to skip to the climactic part
>>
>>15479114
*they, *rooted
>>
>>15479119
Go on...
>>
>>15479119
it'll move faster if you write your story instead of asking questions
>>
>>15479119
>>15479178
I'll give you that.
>Years later
>Beginning of school year
>Another spontaneous meeting
>Another crosseyed, shit-stained Henry kid
>Henry isn't there, the mother this time
>Mother looks to be in her twenties, but looks rough
>Doesn't say a word the whole meeting
>Finally my mom asks for her name to file the report of the meeting
>"...What?"
>"I need your name, ma'am"
>"Ohhhhhhh, uhhhh. Uhm. Well.. Well.. Jan.. Janice"
>The only mother that isn't dead or on the streets is crosseyed and doesn't have a name
>Her daughter, lets say Dawn, is five years old, completely nonverbal and hasn't learned to walk
>One day Dawn comes in with red marks around her wrists and her only pants are very shit-stained
>Mom tells central office, calls social worker and suggests maybe Dawn is being tied down
>Henry is already under investigation for the murder of a local prostitute and distribution of crack
>Social worker gives mom her personal number and says she'll look into the living situation for Dawn
>Meanwhile be me again
>Be 13
>nerdy, kinda paunchy, few friends, kissless virgin with social anxiety. I'm an asshole to everyone
>Everyone is an asshole to me
>The only exception is a beautiful, blonde cheerleader who I'm an asshole to anyway
>Call her a whore in a context I don't remember now
>Leaving school to board buses at end of the day
>See cute girl I'm an asshole to with unzipped backpack
>Gonna make joke about the state of her backpack and the state of her legs to be an ass
>Papers slip out
>Gonna return it and not be a complete ass
>See its a poem
>>
>>15478862
no not interested
>>
>>15479291
>Its goddamn beautiful
>Read it and literally cry
>want to know the meaning behind some of it
>Realize there was a folded up sheet of paper stuck to the back of the poem I had been reading
>Its much darker
>"Alone in a dark room she lies
Consumed by darkness she cries
Afraid to be hurt by the feel of his hands
She'll never want love
Not the love of a man
>Desire to get in her mind
>Try to talk to her in a flirty way
>Do it really shittiy
>After a year finally get her to bite
>Say I could tutor her after school free of charge
>She agrees to it once
>We conversate
>Its fake and awkward
>>
>>15479305
>>15479331
Henry was a crack dealer, nobody had crack money so he accepted children as payment. All of his children were the offspring of teenagers he collected as sex slaves, with the exception of Dawn, whose mother was Henry's own daughter.My female friend's poem was about her time as Henry's slave at the age of ten. Her mother told her they were going out, asked her to curl her hair, helped her put on her makeup and pick out a nice dress then headbutted her and sold her to Henry. At the time of the police investigation of Henry, he had found Christ, tied down all his children and his one daughter bride, burned the trailer down and disappeared. He killed the girl's, now my wife's, mother and was tracking down my wife to kill her and erase all evidence of his past sin. He shot the social worker in daylight and was assumed to be coming after my mom. My future wife and I were 17 and at my mom's house when Henry came armed with a .22 pistol. My neighbor shot him with 10 gauge four times, once we he walked through his lawn, then three more times in front of us when we ran out and the neighbor realized who he was. I now live in France where my wife and I attend therapy and have otherwise normal lives. That's my Appalachia story
>>
>>15479386
shiiiiiiiiit

sounds like you got a hot wife out of the whole deal, so you got that going for you
>>
>>15479412
Yeah, my mom is alive, my wife is hot, exceptionally out of my league, and basically mentally healthy. Life isn't bad
>>
File: 1389823241465.jpg (57 KB, 339x501) Image search: [Google]
1389823241465.jpg
57 KB, 339x501
>>15479447
this pleases me

i'm glad you were observant/persistent and that your immediate circle made it out ok.
>>
>>15479447
someone on 4chan has a hot wife.

kek
>>
>>15482347
With severe mental scars and low self esteem, so it evens out
>>
>>15478939
Holy shit, London here!
>>
I've found a satanic temple off of the Blue Ridge Parkway in Maggie Valley. Hidden pretty deep in the woods. I've found a bunch of random old homes way in the back of the woods off of trails and such. The scariest thing I've found was what was apparently a suicide pact. Three people had shot themselves with a smith and wesson 929. This was on the many, many dirt roads we have here, so I wasn't surprised no one had found them until I did. I've never really seen anything that would be considered paranormal other than the satanic temple and possibly the suicides, but I have had guns held on me when I've walked into moon shine stills.
>>
>>15482347
With severe mental scars and low self esteem, so it evens out
>>
>>15482416
I've also found an old grave yard off a trail between Boone and Foscoe.
>>
>>15482411
Me again. Check out "Devil's Creek" in Corbin Ky.

Also, in Corbin (home of the original KFC) there was an orphanage for girls that was notorious for child prostitution and murder.
>>
>>15482450
PS This is (not in the open) but all over the place in Appalachia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_handling
>>
In Nova Scotia where I live, there is a valley town called Wolfville, and on the mountain by Wolfville are some very poor incestuous clans. The Golers are the most popular, there was a book written about them, called On South Mountain.
>>
>>15482466
Isn't Nova Scotia in Canada?
>>
Grew up in West Virginia...and aside from all the Wrong Turn nonsense, it's a pretty creepy place just on its own. I had the run of the woods and creeks in my neighborhood, and met a lot of weird people.

The same people who were living there when I was a kid are still there today--the same people living on welfare and sitting out on their porches staring at out-of-state-ers are still there. Strange, they always seem to know you're different before you open your mouth.
>>
>>15482684

ACTUALLY, speaking of WV, and I AM on /x/...my best friend and her mother and grandmother from my childhood ended up on television on some hauntings show, and even started their own paranormal business. Will bump with proof if anyone is interested.
>>
>>15482561
Do you know how big the appalachians are?
>>
File: 1415404873661.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1415404873661.gif
1 MB, 207x207
>>15482463
>Hensley argued, they should be able to handle rattlesnakes and any number of other venomous serpents.

Sounds like he was just trying to fuck people up.
>>
>>15478456
hey i live in PA, right near the Appalachian mountains.

there's a state park called blue knob that is infamous for "The Lost Children of the Alleghenies"
look that shit up, it's kinda eerie and i notice some really sinister stuff sometimes here.
>>
>>15479386

This... This is what I'm talking about. This is what I mean when I'm talkin' about time, and death, and futility. All right there are broader ideas at work, mainly what is owed between us as a society for our mutual illusions. Fourteen straight hours of staring at DB's, these are the things ya think of. You ever done that? You look in their eyes, even in a picture, doesn't matter if they're dead or alive, you can still read 'em. You know what you see? They welcomed it... not at first, but... right there in the last instant. It's an unmistakable relief. See, cause they were afraid, and now they saw for the very first time how easy it was to just... let go. Yeah They saw, in that last nanosecond, they saw... what they were. You, yourself, this whole big drama, it was never more than a jerry-rig of presumption and dumb will, and you could just let go. To finally know that you didn't have to hold on so tight. To realize that all your life--you know, all your love, all your hate, all your memories, all your pain--it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream, a dream that you had inside a locked room, a dream about being a person. And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it.
>>
I live in rural southwest virginia on the kentucky line I work ems for our town. This area is pretty poverty ridden and you have screwballs all over but once you set foot on kentucky it's weirdness is multiplied by 1000 lots of inbreads and stories of such
>>
bluebone Kentucky hillbilly here ..come to Kentucky and go into the woods at night...you wont need to hear any storys , you will have your own story to tell....whatever you do , don't panic , and don't take off running, try to just keep the fire burning , don't fall asleep and just wait for daylight
>>
>>15479114
I too am from a small town in the mountains of NC. I've not run into anything quite that severe, however, older folks do talk about "bad winds" and such which has always struck me as a very supernatural concept.

I have had some very bad experiences personally on the Parkway, for what it's worth, but no one believes it since it's such a frequented place.
>>
>>15482432
Where? I live right near there and grew up in the area but most graveyards are fairly well marked. Definitely interested. Also the shrine you found falls in line with my Parkway experience, fwiw.
>>
Well I should preface this with potential bullshit warning. BUT I hired a guy to help me with some stuff. He was new in town from the deep, deep hills.

Mind you people are always telling stories and I take what one person tells me with a grain of salt.

Anyways he was talking about how deep and endemic the drug trade is down there. Said since its so isolated and so poor no one can really stay on top of what goes on there. All the local cops are in on it. Either heading the drug rings themselves or taking protection money.

Some dude was gonna be Billy Bad Ass and went out to some industrial meth lab. According to dudes story he picked up a BARREL of meth and put it in his truck. Says does anyone mind? I don't see anyone here gonna stop me.

Next day local cops picked up his daughter, took her down to the river, raped her and then tortured her by playing tic tac toe on her naked body with knives.

I guess he returned the drugs.
>>
>>15479114

Yeah I had some family from the deep south. Their superstitions were fucking unbelievable. My corn pone uncle bought a bunch of Ostriches thinking he was gonna get rich. Actually took out a bank loan. Had some witch doctor twirl a piece of string and a stick over the eggs to determine if they were male or female. Amazing when you are like ten hearing an adult talk and knowing he isn't half as smart as you.
>>
File: fjtcyWp.png (37 KB, 598x283) Image search: [Google]
fjtcyWp.png
37 KB, 598x283
>>15483232
Just kek'd at work reading that.
>>
File: dontgoin.jpg (193 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
dontgoin.jpg
193 KB, 800x531
HPL set a lot of his backwoods stuff in Appalachia, and I think that's where a lot of the spooky ideas come from.

Personally I think the Cascades over the west coast have much more potential. More wild, more rugged, more remote, and a lot darker.
>>
>>15478491
>appalatia
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>15484189

Houston Public Library? Don't expect people to read your fucking mind.
>>
>>15484206

Implying they can spell.

I once unloaded a trailer from 'professional' movers from the deep south. A bunch of the boxes had 'chickun room' on them. I was like what the fucking fuck?

We finally realized they meant childrens room but were literally just that fucking retarded.
>>
>>15484215
Pretty sure they mean H.P. Lovecraft
>>
>>15484215
you're really fucking bright aren't you?
>>
>>15484189
There is some weird, otherworldy shit going on in the Cascades and the Sierras but not Hilly Billy weird. More like UFO tunnel to the underworld kingdoms weird.
>>
>>15484236

And your mom is a whore. What is your point?
>>
>>15484243
>HPL
>/x/
>thinks Houston Public Library

I'm not that guy, but c'mon, man.
>>
>>15484237
Anon, what about Crater Lake? Isn't that in the cascades?
>>
>>15484247

Googled it. First result. Why don't you go call Google a fag?
>>
>>15484247
Wow
>>
>>15483232
Rust, you been drinkin'?
>>
Surprised by the lack of black eyed children and albino shit you usually see/hear about
>>
>>15484312
sounds interesting

bumping for curiosity
>>
>>15478862
bump for interest
>>
>>15484351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4LnfkdJDM
>>
>>15479386
You should flesh out the full green text some time. Would make an amazing story
>>
>>15478456
My family is from dirt poor east Tennessee. It's only creepy to people unfamiliar with the culture there. It's actually really offensive to think poor people are scary by virtue of being too poor to enjoy modern conveniences.

Do you think everyone from pre-1900 was some kind of savage? I mean no A/C, no cars, no internet. They must have just eaten people and fucked babies for fun.
>>
>>15482690
Bump for interest
>>
>>15478456
Man, I'm from Pikeville, KY. You've been watching too many movies. Appalachia is not as bad as people make it seem to be. Sure, there are a lot of pill-poppin' druggies, but there are A LOT of rich people too. Almost everyone is middle class. The same for West Virginia, Virginia, and East Tennessee. It's just the same as anywhere else in the world. It might have been the way you described it back in the 30's, but shit sure does change.
>>
>>15478456
It's spelled Appalachia. ffs.
>>
>>15484535
I'm going to work on it. It's hard for my girl, but I'd like to hear more of her parts of the story too before I tell it all
>>
>>15484624
>he same for West Virginia, Virginia, and East Tennessee.

Yep, though to be fair there are some fairly primitive places in parts of West Virginia.
>>
>>15484351
I've already shared. There was little supernatural about it, but all of my time spent there felt like some kind of terrifying dream
>>
>>15484624
it gets worse the further North you go.
>>
Bimp for interest
>>
>>15484600
get over it

> but muh feelings
>>
>>15484053
Wow that's fucked.
>>
Black-eyed children and albino guy here.

I read a lot of books on travel into low-brow areas and fucked history of locals. I've heard several variations on black-eyed children. Some stories say they'll bang on your door to be let in, growing more intense with time, sometimes threatening the inhabitant, and then just stop during the night/before sunrise. I think syfy even made a super shitty budget film based off them where they killed people and ate their livestock and shit.

The majority of the stories I've read across the board for every state are that they are on the side of the road in rural areas, dressed in dilapidated pre-war era clothes, say they are lost or need a ride, and either terrorise the motorist until they drive off or just disappear in the car if they hitch a ride. That, those house terrorising stories, and then ones where they do the same shit to people camping.

Going to write the albinism bit in a separate post and then throw in a bit about the several other inbred variations I've heard about.
>>
>>15478456
It's appalachia
>>
>>15478921
>be me

Who the fuck else would you be
>>
>>15484600
I honestly agree with you, but I was just kind of ignoring OP. I would say that the poverty is a poor reason to consider Appalachia to be "scary"- Eastern Tennessee and Western NC have some of the nicest people I've ever known (although I was raised here so I'm probably biased).

Despite that, I do feel that there are a lot of supernatural occurrences in the area, perhaps due to a retention of a lot of folk superstitions and the isolation that many experience in the less populated areas.

Growing up I heard a lot about 'bad airs/winds' and people going as far as to believe that you have to keep windows/doors shut during these events (discernible by the sounds they make and cold chills, which is kind of silly because it's really cold and windy up here) or someone will die/get very ill.

A lot of said superstitions are based on moderate truth (if you leave a window open at night when it's super cold, you'll probably feel like shit in the morning). Then you have stuff like dousing for ginseng and water which I've never tried personally but have reason to question their validity.

I put my email on this post in case anyone from the area is interested in discussing local paranormal stuff further. I'm pretty happy to have found some others who are into this up here, I've had a number of experiences and most people aren't willing to listen/discuss. I'd love to hear some other stories, as well.
>>
So, as with most local stories of back-woods people, all of the "freak folk" are usually results of inbreeding, with variations of severity. The main contenders are always albinos and "melonheads". The usual stories are of cannibalism, "satanic"/cult rituals being witnessed, being chased in a homicidal manner, general creepy staring down, animal mutilation, human mutilation, missing children, sex trafficking, murder, and then just like back-woods hick shit. One interesting story I've read about was of a girl and her friends on a street in Connecticut notorious for people seeing the bulbous headed inbreds. In that one, the group was "investigating" when they heard the car start, turned, and then saw a bunch of the swollen headed beings making off with the car into the woods. I don't want to bore everyone with second-hand knowledge of heresay but if you are interested, look into melonheads, "frog people", and the "Jackson Whites".

I know none of these stories are directly related to Appalachia, but as I said, these all have variations synonymous with rural areas across America.
>>
>>15483232
Nic Pizzolatto's truly a great writer.
>>
>>15485279
I'd love to discuss with you, but the email field is gone and I can't see your email.
>>
>>15485278
>
being this new

fuck off faggot
>>
>>15485356

Only people who came here from Reddit say >be me

It's literally retarded and you're a literal retard if you say it.
>>
>>15482684
What kind of weird people?

I get this sense that there are definitely some creepy people in Appalachia, but I've never met a redneck I'd call creepy before, they all just seem like silly bumpkins, almost like juggalos.
>>
> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_and_Wonderful_Whites_of_West_Virginia

lol...WV. I grew up in Baltimore and had very far removed family from WV on my dad's side. Went to a family reunion there once and were definitely out of place city-folk. Ended up with my family sitting alone and all but ignored the whole time. My dad's cousin (second cousin?) that invited us just kind of pointed some shit out to us and then left us.

They had tractor pulls going on and a full farm with ostritches (is that a thing up there? saw it mentioned in a previous story).

Went snowboarding up there a few years ago with a bunch of friends from my new home (florida) and my old (Maryland) and it was kinda nice. Nothing spoopy by any means. Beautiful place but it does have a different air about it.

Would love to get hella rich and build a bugout compound innawoods up that way.
>>
Are you guys really implying Gummo is real and people like that still exist in this day and age? Even some parts of Africa has some more civilized black folks... Smh
>>
>>15485354
Sorry about that, I was in a hurry this morning when I made that post. Feel free to contact me at [email protected].
>>
>>15484015
Fellow North Carolinian, but I live on the beach instead of the mountains, but I plan on taking a trip to the mountains and checking out Blue Ridge Parkway. What experiences have you had?
>>
Bamp
>>
Does anybody else have any first-hand experiences? Surely there are more experiences than just inbred and mutants. Pics would be a plus.
>>
>>15484034
Yeah. I don't know of any creepy shit on the parkway near Boone. Just of the stuff I've found back when I lived near Ashville.
>>
>>15486094
Yeah. I've found some a satanic temple out near Ashville, NC. I found a mineshaft a few miles from my current house that some scary stuff happened. I've got a shit ton of stuff that isn't albinos and inbred shit that never happened. Plus NC is the mostly civilized part of the Appalachians too.
>>
>>15486420
Do tell us
>>
>>15486420
Share pls
>>
>>15486432
>>15486449
>be 16
>Redneck brother and his friend talk me into going hunting with them.
>Drive about two hours on dirt roads to find a good spot. (There are miles and miles of dirt roads in the apps.)
>Walk about a mile into the woods when I find an opening in a hile.
>There are rocks in front of it, but I can see the planks of wood that make a door.
>I pull my head flashlight out of my bag and look in.
>I convince them to go in with me since it's the middle of winter so we probably wouldn't shoot anything anyway.
>>
>>15479114
you probably got thuja cream, it comes from an evergreen tree
>>
>>15486510
plox continue
>>
I was born in Chattanooga, because when my father met my mom she was living in the city.
My dad was from the copper basin, but was working in the city.
When my mom and dad divorced, i moved up to Canada with my mom and my dad stayed in the south.
I’ve got a few stories

> 6 Year old me
> Spending 2 weeks with Dad and grandparents.
> They’re not real good at watching me, leave me unattended a lot.
> Really nice day, hang in out in the back yard with a dog.
> Dad went to the town, and Grandma asleep on the porch with a lit cigarette.
> Wander to the back of the property to the fence and see a gap small enough for me and the dog to fit through.
> Beyond the property is really thick wood, and being the curious little shit i was decide to go for a walk.
> Dog with me, feeling great, climbing over logs, and marking the ground i lay by dragging a stick along the dirt.
>slip down a ledge maybe 6 feet.
> Dog is barking, my butt hurts a lot. Fell on something lumpy, get up and look.
> Pile of dead cats.
> Cry.
> Run back to house, wake up grandma and tell her about the gap in the fence.
>They build a new one next time I’m there.
>Never go in to the woods alone again.
>>
>>15486564
>Tennessee
>Dead cats in a pile in the woods
Nothing to see her
>>
>>15486564
that's fucked up
feel sorry for you and dog
>>
File: 440017.jpg (2 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
440017.jpg
2 MB, 1200x800
>>15486510
>>15486510
This is kind of what the entrance looked like. I didn't have a phone at the time so no pics.
>About 15 feet in we start seeing old tools sitting around.
>As we go deeper we start seeing some markings on the the posts holding the walls up.
>Brothers friend starts getting creeped out saying they look like witchcraft or some shit.
>I blow him off and tell him none of that stuff exists.
> Start going deeper until we can't see the entrance anymore.
>We come to a dead end with two shafts going off to either side.
>Brother comes up with the dumb idea to split up.
>I agree and the only two people with guns go the opposite direction of me.
>About 50 feet in I feel someone touch my shoulder. I remember thinking it was my brother or his friend.
>I turn around and I swear it's someone standing there in a black robe.
>I take off running and come to a big terminus of tunnels.
>There's about 6 people standing around what looks like a pentagram on the ground
>I freak out and turn around and push past the guy that was behind me.
>He grabs my bag and I lose it.
> I run for what feels like forever and run into my brother and his friend. Apparently they had turned back at a dead end and were waiting for me.
>I tell them what I saw and we get the fuck out of there.
>We make it out and run back to the truck.
>There's a note with a pentagram drawn on it that says "Never come back" on the windshield.
>Needless to say we never went hunting that way again, or I never did at least.
>>
>>15486564

>10 years later
> Hanging out the old dog in the yard.
> Dad’s gotten all weird, worried about me growing up , getting mixing up with boys and shit..
> Dad comes out of the house and says hey lets go walk around the woods.
> Totally forgot about the pile of dead cats, and agreed.
> We walk up to the Stupid neon star light they have above our town at the top of the hill and walk down the other side of the mountain.
> Talks to me about him growing up, and tries to start conversations on something we both like.
> We start talking about stars and space.
> "Wow dad you know a lot of stuff about astronomy"
> He trips and lands his face in the dirt.
> He tripped on a small rectangular stone.
> Its a fucking tiny tombstone.
> We can’t make out what it says except Age: 2
> We look around and notice more tiny stones, under kudzu.
> Were in a grave yard.
> Were rying to read as many as we can, when our dog starts losing its shit and barking.
> Theres a person staring at us from behind a tree 20 feet off.
> Dog holding its ground between us and the stranger.
> I’m so sacred I’m gonnashit my pants, but my Dad is weirdly calm about it.
> They just stare each other down, Dad finally stands off and weirdo runs off making some weird ass sounds.
> Dad stands there silently for 5 minutes watching him run off.
> He finally looks at me and says lets go home,
> Never really ask about it.
>>
>>15486606
>I blow him off
gee, blowjobs for comfort?
>>
>>15486647
I actually did do that once, but that's for a thread on /hm/
>>
>>15486655
[spoiler]I might want to here about it. Was it a spooky scary skeleton blowjob?[/spoiler]
>>
>>15486665
fug forgot I am not on /tv/

also, apologies for typos
>>
>>15478939
Harlan here and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>15486665
Nope. It was a 4th of july party
>>
>>15486621
>Later that night, I'm going to bed.
>Grandparents gone to bed too.
>Dog laying on the end of my bed.
>Wake up at 2:30 AM, dog trying to get off the bed.
>He starts scratching the bed room door to be let out.
>Fucking dog
>Get up and let him out
>Dog is in the bush sniffing shit, I'm at the front door waiting for dog to get back inside
>Dog yelps and runs towards me.
>In my half asleep state I think i see the register of a person.
>Slam and lock door, dog grunting and passing beside me.
>Dad comes down the stairs, looks at me, asking whats with all the commotion.
>tell my dad what I saw, he's not happy about it, and tells me to get back to my room while he looks outside for what it was.
> He grabs a shot gun off the wall, walks outside, and i peek out the window.
> He looks in the bush, doesn't seem to find anyone or anything.
> Grandma comes down the stairs, says something about a bad dreams.
>Dad comes back in the 3 of us standing around looking at each other.
>Her and Dad have the silent agreement, and start locking all the doors and windows and closing blinds.
>Wake up Grandpa, and Uncle and sit us around the dining table. She pulls out a candle, lights it and we all sit there silently around the table.
>They won't let me fall asleep.
>Dad stands up every so often to checks around the house and comes back.
>wtf is going on?!
>where is dog?
>I try to ask questions but they keep shushing me.
>Hear a banging agains the siding of the house, moving from one end to other.
>Starting to panic internally.
>Suddenly silent.
>Grandma blows out candle and lets us go to bed.
>I sleep on the floor of their room, because fuck that.
>wake up in the morning, to find uncle and grandpa painting the side of the house.
> Dad takes me ruby falls for the day.
>>
>>15486738
that dog is fucking bro-tier, I hope he is alive. Right anon, right?
>>
>>15486738
I almost wish I was a dog person, but instead I'm stuck with three lazy pussies who only want to eat and sleep and be bitchy to everyone.
>>
>>15486738
I'm from Chattanooga, anon. Where the hell is all this interesting shit happening at?
>>
>>15484251
Yup. Home of Wizard Island. Where native american shamans in training would do their spirit quest. Also: The ghost ship.
>>
>>15484237
Nah, man, there's plenty of "hillbillies" in the cascades. Descendants of the original pioneers. People who never fit in with society and try to get as far away from it as possible. They're more hillbillyish than east coast hillbillies.
>>
File: 1403034288612.jpg (36 KB, 210x202) Image search: [Google]
1403034288612.jpg
36 KB, 210x202
>tfw your family lives in Appalachia, has nonworking cars in the yard and manufactures moonshine
>This now qualifies as /x/ material

Whelp. I always had a feeling I was born spoopy. Now I know.
>>
>>15479447
And you make up decent stories so there's that
>>
I am a family member of a clan of Scottish descent with roots in what could be considered rural to very rural TN and have a story I would like to relay.

>My father was one of 9 children, lived in a shitty wooden house.
>His father was an alcoholic, worked at a lumber mill, almost never home except to beat his wife and kids.
>His mother was unemployed, she sat with her mother very often as they watched all the children together.
>However, her mother (my great-grandmother) was supposedly a witch.
>She cursed a pear tree to never bear fruit again and it did not.
>She invaded her daughter's house and wrote obscene curses all over the walls of the wooden house before her death.
>On her death bed, she spoke of visions and sensations of being in hell. Supposedly my father touched her feet and they were immensely hot.

Now I am not a religious person and that last bit may or may not be explainable by natural phenomena. I have yet to verify the writings on the walls of my grandmother's house, as she has been dead a few years and to break in that house and take the pictures down would put me in a position to be shot by all of my family members that live along that road. None of them like to speak of what is on the walls. I will also comment that every inch of those walls were completely covered with framed photos of my family members. These photos would have to come down for me to see what lies behind them.
>>
File: 1268037672572.jpg (36 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
1268037672572.jpg
36 KB, 300x462
>>15486738
I liked this story until the very end. I'm missing something. What happened to the dog? Where was dog?
>>15488159
We must know!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 640x960
>>
>>15485279
You're not biased by the way. I'm from central PA, and i worked help desk for a year for a retail organization that has locations all over the country. Out of any area of the country, people from the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Florida were by and far the friendliest and most pleasant people to talk to.
>>
>>15478456
If you're interested in Appalachian spoop, I recommend The Greenbrier Ghost and Other Stories by Dennis Dietz. It's a collection of Ghost stories from West Virginia. It has some stuff on the Flatwoods/Braxton County Monster, The Mothman, Will-O-The-Wisps, and a few others. It's not a comprehensive work, as it pretty much covers one of the more civilized parts of Appalachia (West Virginia, particularly Greenbrier County, my home.) There are places there that are like what you described though.
>>
>>15484189

Read some Laird Barron, HPL's best literary offspring. His mythos is deeply steeped in the mountains and forests of the Pacific NW.

Kickass stuff. Highly recommended.
>>
>>15478456
Same guy who posted about The Greenbrier Ghost book. One of my own personal stories has to do with this 90 year old brother-and-sister couple that ran a farm not far from Lewisburg-White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. When I was a little boy, I'd ride over there with my own grandfather to bring them candy, pop, and magazines from town. Around the winter of my eighth year, the man died leaving his sister a "Widow" and forcing her to sell parts of her land to other people. We went to visit her a few weeks before she too died, and gave her candies and more pop, as well as a dress. A few weeks later, she passed. Every time we go through the area, we pass her house of purpose. And every time we pass, you can see her sitting in her rocking chair on the porch, waving at us with her crooked hand.
>>
>>15488860
>>15488872

On a more literary bent, there's also Manly Wade Wellman. Highly underrate and perhaps Appalachia's best spoopy chronicler.
>>
Something that should tell you about a state is the fact its only two major cities have barely over 2 million people combined.
>>
There's a lot of "mountain witches" in Appalachian area. It's kind of reminiscent of "hoodoo" grandmas you see in the south. My grandmother can speak to the dead. She'll ask spirits to knock on something in a house for a response. They're always loud knocks (not small taps you see on ghost shows) and always from another room/part of the house. Several years ago, my aunt's husband make a joke about it being fake. He got up to go into the next room and fell straight onto his back. No cause for it to happen. He still refuses it be in the room when we play the "knocking" game. I asked my grandmother how it began and she was shown by her "great aunt" when she was 10.
>>
>old school WV spoop

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Lyeford,_West_Virginia
>>
>>15489048
>There's a lot of "mountain witches" in Appalachian area.

All of Appalachia?
>>
>>15488958

if that's a valid criteria then do note that it would apply to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, etc.

which it may well do, but I've lived in Idaho for years and have no spooky stories of inbred mutants or witches.
>>
>>15488697
>friendliest

Eh, that's really superficial. They're very charming and friendly on the surface. You can go into any corner convenience store or whatever and the clerk will be happy to chat with you about anything for hours on end. But as soon as you're out of the public and behind closed doors, that seemingly friendly person will suddenly start talking about how niggers and faggots are ruining the world and the South should have won the war.
>>
>>15489170
WV, KY mostly
>>
I lived in southern WV for the first (nearly) 18 years of my life, within reasonable driving distance to Thurmond. A simple google search on this town will provide some excellent reading material. I've visited there and explored the interior of the old buildings next to the train station if anyone is interested in photos (taken in about 2008). Most are just your average abandoned building creepy pics, but I've always been fascinated by them nonetheless.
>>
>>15478990
>satanic oil painting
>it's a reproduction of Saturn Devouring His Son, a greek myth

fuck this website is retarded

>HURR THEY'RE QUEERS AND BDSM WEIRDOS, MUST BE SATANISTS
>>
>>15478456
Hearing all these stories bums me out. I visited Bullitt County and Louisville KY two summers ago and fell in love with the place. Everyone was so friendly and genuine, really cool culture. I wanted to move there one day, maybe even visit Nashville TN and see if I like it there, but now I'm having second thoughts
>>
>>15478990
There was just a mountain lion in my front yard in California, it's not a big deal faggot. And jesco is a badass. You sound really ignorant.
>>
>>15489685
420postitfaget

I've been looking for a ghost town to move to and this might go on my list
>>
I'm actually from West Virginia and I haven't experienced much with the paranormal here. I'm the last house on the left out a mile long holler and I'm surrounded 3 ways by woods and I always hear weird sounds and think I see things in the woods often, but that's as far as it goes. Whenever I walk in the woods I /always/ feel an uncomfortable feeling like I'm being watched/stalked by something and it's v spoopy.
>>
>>15484215
It may have changed since my Runescape days, but the password to set unlimited internet time on any Houston Public Library computer are the first three letters of the branch's name followed by 110886. Hit ctrl+alt+del to access the admin terminal.
>>
>>15478990
You think it started with Jesco hahaha fag
>>
Bamp
>>
no spooky stories but my uncle went to a shooting match with a friend of his. on their way home they stopped to get gas. my uncle offered to buy the guy a drink when he went in to pay. the guy said he wanted a "green". long story short the guy got frustrated at got his own drink. "green" was Mountain Dew.

dude couldn't read.

i just looked up his house on google maps to see if the google car made it up into there. it's a pretty surreal place, even for someone like me who was welcome there. google car didn't make it up in there but the road he lives on is literally called "Dirt Road".

no spooks though
>>
>>15484600

Geez have you even seen the documentary move Deliverance? People down there are fucking savages.
>>
>>15478456
da fuck is this shit? Poor people are paranormal? Scots-Irish are paranormal? Applachians are paranormal? Get the fuck out of your basement and meet some people. Just because people aren't like you doesn't mean they're magical you fucking faggot.
>>
South Eastern West Virginian here, let me tell you something. Don't ever venture out into the coal fields. Anytime I've ever been I have always felt like every single person there was staring at me with eyes of pure, undiluted hatred.
>>
I'm from West Virginia, and I work at a rural grocery chain called Smiths. A lot of the people you get are normal, just living life in the country. But it's an easy to get to store for people who don't have a lot of money. Some of the...mountain people we get are pretty interesting.

>Have had to clean literal shit off of the floor with no indication of who even did it
>The smells, oh god, the smells.
>The vehicles?!

I can't think of any particular stories right now, but something that stands out to me is the sheer amount of people buying tobacco whilst pregnant.

You have to realize, these people are raised to suckle the system. They sit on their porches, smoking, till they die. The kids get the same mindset, get molested, etc. People are unhinged. It's been that way for ages!

I'm sure I could think up some stories if I tried, honestly.
>>
>>15491511
Methinks we should get a paranormal study team together and go raid the old millings piles.

>Implying we won't accidentally kill each other and that this is a good idea
>>
>>15485278
Get the fuck out newfag.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 542x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 542x640
>>15491466
>people who think /x/ is explicitly paranormal
>mfw
>>
File: 1416021601936.jpg (69 KB, 610x396) Image search: [Google]
1416021601936.jpg
69 KB, 610x396
>>15489550

So they're friendly and well versed in history and politics? What's wrong with that?
>>
>>15489550
this.
I moved to Clanton, AL from NY and lived there for about 6 motnhs. After the first month I started realising how fucked up everyone is. Fuck they even had stores with signs that read "no colored people allowed"
Fuck the south
>>
>>15492148

>no colored people

You act like that's a bad thing
>>
>>15478456
appalachia inhabitant here. theres ancient parts of these forests for sure - you can feel it in the air, have only seen one thing I cant come to terms with. actually about 3. the first was simply a light, i cant tell you the second because it would be too leading. the third was a strange discovery in a long abandoned cabin... still, extreme skeptic here. The mind has a uncanny ability to rationalize experiences.
>>
>>15478990
That first article must be the most bigot and ignorant thing I've read this month
>>
I've been paced in the woods, in the mountains near the Virginia-West-Virginia state line. It was very similar to some Bigfoot reports. I'd been playing in the woods since I was a small child, but had never experienced anything like it.
>>
>>15492148
Dude that's fucking nothing, I live about 20 minutes from a town that used to have a sign on the city limits that read "Nigger don't let the sun set on you here."
Funny thing is they kept all the blacks out, but now they're overrun with beaners
>>
>>15488159
My great-great-grandmother used to sit with people as they were passing, think of it like hospice before there was hospice. I never met here, but she had told members of my family stories of people either being almost angelic and happy as they were dying, or others screaming like they were burning, eerie shit.

Buddy of mine worked at a retirement home and told me about going into a room when someone had passed on (there's cleanup that has to be done before the family gets there) some rooms he said were peaceful as all get out, others he said he would get a weird ass feeling he shouldn't be there and would say out loud "I'll come back when you're done". He'd return a few minutes later and everything was calm.
>>
>>15484397
that was fucked up
>>
>>15482690
Very interested.
>>
File: 1404226427892.png (4 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1404226427892.png
4 KB, 500x500
>>15485363
Reddit may use it more now, but that started here.

Shit son people have said that since at least 2004 when I started coming to 4chan.

You probably think you're an oldfag because you've been here since row row fight the powah or some shit.
>>
>>15493207
people started greentexting in 2010, idiot. you might be an oldfag, but you're also a retardfag :^)

>actual oldfag that doesn't have memory issues
>>
>>15485752
What if one isn't from around the area but would still like to hear some stories?
>>
>>15493236
>people started greentexting in 2010

How fucking dumb are you?
>>
>>15493207

I've been here since fresh nuts.
>>
Yet another decent thread off the rails from a dick swinging competition.
>>
File: IMG_4676.jpg (363 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4676.jpg
363 KB, 1024x768
My grandfather was a methodist minister and carpenter. When I was 10 he told me this story from when he was in appalachia to do some charity work, I believe in northeastern Tennessee around 1940. He and a half dozen companions found a guide to take them to the settlement where they were going to build houses. They were riding on mules on a narrow dirt trail.

When they were just a few miles from their destination, the guide (riding in the very front) whispered to the man behind him, telephone-style. The message was, "Eyes forward, mouth shut, right now. Pass it on."

My grandfather did as he was told. And a minute later, they passed a man sitting with his back to an old tree. My grandfather stole one quick glance down at him and saw that he had his hands wrapped around an arrow lodged in his chest. His shirt was soaked in blood and his breathing was ragged. My grandfather was surprised that the man didn't say anything to them or move at all.

A minute later, they saw three men crouched behind a log dressed in full Davy Crockett garb, deerskin leggings and all. Two of them had bows and one of them was uncoiling a hemp rope from his pack. My grandfather said he was 100% sure they were all going to be murdered right then and there, but the three men didn't even make eye contact with them. A minute after the mule train passed them, my grandfather took one look back and saw there were now six of these men, and they were now circling in on the man with an arrow in his chest.

After a few more minutes their guide broke silence and told them that two clans in the area had been feuding for the last two weeks. My grandfather asked what he thought happened to the wounded man, and the guide said, "I guarantee you they slit his throat and tied his body to a tree as a warning to his family right after we left. I've seen it before." He added, "And the same thing will happen to all of us if you say anything about this before you get home."
>>
>>15479114

>medicine that smelled like pine trees

sounds like some good ol' mountain weed.

anyway, southern GA fag so i like riding up into the mountains, you see all kinds of shit once you get off the beaten path. best roads to ride on two wheels but i wouldn't want to live up there.
>>
>>15485791

ride the skyway, 'dragon' (hate calling it that), NC 28, and stay away from injuns.

stay in your lane and look for motorcycles.

cades cove is kinda spooky but try to go at some odd hour so you don't get stuck behind tourists in a prius.

road to nowhere near bryson city.

take every single back road you find, even if it turns into a driveway.

don't feed the bears.
>>
>>15485266
>Black-eyed children and albino guy here.
>I read a lot of books on travel into low-brow areas and fucked history of locals
Any recs? This is pretty fascinating.
>>
>>15495283
Any of the state books/compiled columns of the weird us series mentions a lot of that shit. Check out them to use as a jumping off point and then you can go from there. You can find a lot of it on the weird us site itself too if you don't feel like shelling out.
>>
>>15483125
Also a PA fag here, A while back i recall going on this trail, and there are dirt roads coming off the trail to a lot of old ruins. But the largest building had all this strange shit written on the walls. Noticed a hole in the ground that smelled really horrible. Pretty sure satanic groups meet there, as i onced heard chanting in the night. Also farther down is more ruined buildings, one of which was just a tunnel, about 5 ft. Opening and 3 ft wide. I have no idea how far this tunnel goes, but i dont feel like adventuring. Also lots of rustic 50's styled cars can be found crashed and wedged into the ruins, odd since there are no roads and the forest is to thick to drive
>>
>>15492669
We had a similar sign in a place out here, not even that far from a city. North-west Florida. Something along the lines of 'across this bridge, don't let the sun set on your black ass'
>>
I'm from mars hill NC. There is a story I remember about a whole clan of folk in Tennessee who at blue like a smurf from inbreeding. They made their money growing dope an telling fortunes.
>>
>>15484053
Evil is contagious.
>>
>>15479114
which county?
I'm in ashe
>>
>>15495401
silver poisonings what turned them blue, I'm sure I know the ones your talking about
>>
>>15492622
way to be fucking vague. don't be a cock tease.
>>
File: argyria.jpg (26 KB, 350x327) Image search: [Google]
argyria.jpg
26 KB, 350x327
>>15495489
I thought silver poisoning looked like pic related.
>>
>>15478456
>What is Gummo
>>
>>15479037

Hahaha hahaha what the fuck!
>>
>>15482432
Any pictures from your explorations? Sounds fascinating.
>>
>>15482690
I'm interested too.
>>
>>15495777
Dat divergent eye wandering out of her head
>>
>>15488886
>Laird Barron
Yes! Second that from me. Love his stories, read a bunch in high school and still have them.
>>
Man how come none of this ever happens in the Rockies??? I live in Colorado and all I ever hear are mountain lion attacks or a few floods here and there.
>>
>>15483125
>"The Lost Children of the Alleghenies"
>Jacob Dibert, heard about the missing children and remarked to his wife that he wished to be able to dream of the boys' location. On May 2nd he had a dream in which he walked a path through the woods past a dead deer, a child's shoe and a fallen birch tree and eventually to a copse of birch trees in a small ravine. Here he found the bodies of the Cox boys.
>May 2

that's my fucking birthday goddamn i'm spooked seriously
>>
>>15492744
>My great-great-grandmother used to sit with people as they were passing, think of it like hospice before there was hospice. I never met here, but she had told members of my family stories of people either being almost angelic and happy as they were dying, or others screaming like they were burning, eerie shit.

Fucking... Holy shit.
>>
>>15495483
Cleveland County. I'm from a town called Fallston, outside of Shelby.
>>
>>15495489
>>15495777
No, it was methemoglobinemia, look it up. The Fugate family.
>>
>>15489735
at least i contributed, moron. you sound quite ignorant yourself :D have a wonderful day
>>
I don't have a link but try to get your hands on a book called "Bloody Breathitt" by O.H. Napier

Shit has a fucking ton of documented history that makes any wild west or ghetto nignog bullshit look tame as fuck. Kentucky was off the hook m8
>>
>>15489550
All i know is when you have to call stores all day long to help with their shit, it's nice to have someone act pleasant on the phone rather be a total dick and bitch at you the entire time like you owe them your life (pretty much everyone in Boston and New York, no offense)
>>
every now and again i like to try and educate PAfags as well as would be PAfags.

it's always hurr durr centralia. much more to be had.

matthias schambacher

you do the rest.
>>
File: whatisthisshit.gif (1001 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
whatisthisshit.gif
1001 KB, 500x281
>>15479037
>>
>>15478990
I'm from TN as well. I never saw any of that shit. Just a bunch of mouth breathing hicks that managed to bumble through life while fucking their relatives. Don't miss that shithole at all.
>>
>>15496736
In response to your gif of the middle class white boy e-celeb or whatever: It's a perfect example of how much a crack-dealing teen-wife-taking redneck who deals crack cares about his hygiene.
>>
>>15496770
No, I'm wondering if that's even biologically possible
>>
>>15496770
>It's a perfect example of how much a crack-dealing teen-wife-taking redneck who deals crack cares about his hygiene.
>crack dealer who deals crack

you don't say, you redundant fuck.
>>
>>15496835
I know it's redundant you don't have to tell me that it's redundant.
>>
>>15496829
It sure is. I used to work in day care and I have seen it a few times in parents and children. Some people just don't care about leaving the house nice and clean each morning.
>>
>>15478456
I live closeish to the Appalachian region, nothin spooky about the smoky mountains, its a super peaceful area.
>>
>>15497133

So are the Appalachians. It's actually quite beautiful.
>>
>>15485279
Ginseng here in the mtns is a huge cash crop, so the dousing thing probably arose from that. Just whatever people can do to make themselves feel lucky lol
>>
>>15489726
Please don't let these biased and outdated views of the south dissuade you from moving or visiting here. I am in East TN and have lived here my whole life, we are a very friendly area and not racist or inbred hillbillies like you see on TV and movies. Nashville is just like any other metropolitan area, it is a big city steeped in musical history with beautiful historic buildings. My area near Knoxville has tons of historic buildings and theaters. We aren't called the volunteer state for nothing, almost everyone is always willing to lend a hand and help a neighbor or stranger.
>>
File: oreillycantexplain1.jpg (15 KB, 294x240) Image search: [Google]
oreillycantexplain1.jpg
15 KB, 294x240
>>15492744
My Granny was a nurse in the south during the 40's 50's and 60's

Told me some strange stories, I could tell some if anyone is interested

Also she slowly went insane with mini strokes and dementia

Tell ya a story about her deathbed experience I had with her :

Went to the hospital to visit her with my aunt and girlfriend. (Now at age 15 I was dating a beautiful girl that my Granny called Heidi. Her name was Not Heidi and around 15 was the start of the dementia, so she called all my girlfriends after "Heidi")

So we go to the hospital, my aunt bought flowers and I printed out a family photo and framed it as a gift.

We go to her room and she is sleeping but didnt have any roommates, so we took up the chairs and began talking softly between ourselves. Blah Blah about 15 minutes pass...

She wakes up yelling at someone, figure she is still dreaming because she is staring directly at the wall and screaming obscenities at nobody.

After about 20-30 seconds of this my aunt yells out "MOM!" and she snaps out of it and rests back down in the bed.

Smiles at my aunt and "heidi".... turns to the right side of the bed where I am sitting and looks me dead in the eye and says, "Hello Anon, I was just at your funeral."

Being that Granny has dementia, you let alot of crazy/creepy things she says slide. But there was something in the way she said it, the look on her face, the way her smile changed to expressionless.

(also she had mistaken me for her brother that died in WW2 on numerous accounts)

so.... who knows

She also told stories to my family about the ghost of my Grandfather trying to kill her beyond the grave. Talking to her in her room at night but only if the light was off and the TV on but she said she never turned around to look at him. And she would say he was trying to kill her through the electric appliances like the waffle iron.

RIP Granny <3
>>
>>15489735
It's sort of a big deal if you live anywhere east of the Mississippi, faggot.
>>
File: 1413268215804.jpg (31 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
1413268215804.jpg
31 KB, 600x423
>>15495374
Where at in PA?

I'm on the eastern side and there are places that are pretty rural.

loll friend just told me she thinks her mom is back in some kinda cult because her uncle was selling her mom chickens to sacrifice. (her mom was in a witches coven back in the 90's)

Frickin looney toons errwhere
>>
File: Fuck the Mercury.jpg (338 KB, 720x423) Image search: [Google]
Fuck the Mercury.jpg
338 KB, 720x423
>>15496655
dont forget about muh pennhurst
>>
File: 2014 shuttle failure.png (179 KB, 296x337) Image search: [Google]
2014 shuttle failure.png
179 KB, 296x337
>My face when no pictures are included with stories
>>
File: pennhurst01.jpg (286 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
pennhurst01.jpg
286 KB, 720x479
>>15498381
Pennhurst is a closed Asylum and Hospital complex that got shut down in the 70's i think, maybe 80's

Chained up the mentally challenged, tortured them and preformed experiments on its patients. But of course this was the 50's good ol days era and they were treated like animals.

Now the Township has turned one of the several huge building into a Halloween attraction every year for the past few years.

Few years ago on Christmas Day, I'm looking at some of my girlfriends step-moms photos on the desk. She has a certificate from Pennhurst from working there in the late 60's and it makes total sense because she is a robot.

Everyone used to go there and pick around, friend found his uncles old security badge. Def had a creepy vibe but nothing paranormal, unless you call a phantom shit from a homeless guy an entity.

(srsly their used to be homeless guys there, they try and hide from you but I wouldnt go looking for them)

pic related : Green Tower was only accessible through a tiny closet which had a ladder. Led to an attic which has a series of wooden planks to get across to the next ladder. Climb up that shaky, skech as fuck ladder and there is a 2x4 to stand on and look out the tower.
>>
>>15484215
You're on /x/ and don't know HP Lovecraft? Jesus christ dude
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.