[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you become a witch for real, or is it something you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault (11).jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (11).jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Can you become a witch for real, or is it something you have to deeply believe in to start thinking things are happening when they actually aren't? There was this thread recently where this girl thought that she was for real being possessed by hundreds of demons. I think being able to do magical stuff would be cool but of course, thinking rationally, it seems unlikely and that people that say they have powers are just weakminded and with a very wild imagination, maybe even mental disorders.
What's the truth?
>>
You sure can become a witch, if your definition of witch is a woman who makes mildly medicinal tonics out of plants. People have been practicing basic alchemy for thousands of years with a mild degree of success. A lot of "witches" were basically just people practicing home remedies distilled through generations of unlucky family members surviving the effects of various concoctions. Things very easily become folk lore, especially when old crones who kept their recipes in closely guarded books became the target of jealousy as their family members lived through a sickness that killed their neighbors.
If you want to practice fairy tale magic? Hate to bring you back to reality, but magic isn't real. The weirdos who pour various ingredients into a bowl, say a few words, and expect to curse all the pretty girls in schools are just delusional. You'll find many of that variety here however.
>>
>>17923574
That seems like the most logical answer. Thanks. Still I'd like to hear answers from more uhh spiritual people I guess, but they're probably delusional.
>>
>>17923552
Yes and no. You cant just become a witch by making so pact with a demon. But with years f practice with magick, summoning etc, you can get up to a level where thing literally unexplainable will happen.

Delusions are not neccesarily exclusive with being actual magick. Shamans experience delusions, nearly all traditional shamans in mongolia and siberia would be diagnosed with schizofrenia, or shizoaffective disorder. However none of then go completly nuts simply because they do the rituals and let the spirits talk. Does this mean theyre not mentally ill? Not neccesarily. Does it mean theyre magick? Not neccesarily.
Delusions help with finding meaning where there seems to be none. Schizophrenics are really good at interpreting dreams accurately, to a point where they can be compared with professional therapist performing paychotherapy. Its a gray, vague area when you can never be sure, but as a practicing shaman, i can tell you we can do things that are unexplainable, aside from hearing the occasional voices and spirits, we are able to heal. We are able to help.

But thats pretty much it. Dont expect casting fireballs
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.