[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
East Tennessee hauntings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 600x450
Hey, some of my friends are heading up to the Gatlinburg area in TN tonight, anyone know any worth while haunts in the area?
Also general Tennessee haunting thread.
>>
I live in Knoxville, TN and I havent heard of any legitimate haunted places there but giving the history of the place I'm sure there are a few. The missing 411 thing is mostly about smoky mountain national park
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Im the guy that saw mothman btw, if you've seen the thread about a week or so ago.
I live in Morristown, about an hour away from Knoxville and maybe 90 mins away from Gatlinburg. If you wanna do some spoopy seeking in East TN, i gotcha covered

>Sensebaugh Tunnel
>Bethesda church
>Morristown college
>the house where the first evil dead movie was filmed
>Spangel Road (not paranormal, but dont go if youre black or mexican or anything)
>Maybe Panther Creek state park, near the water, because i think like 3 people have drowned around there recently.

pic related. Just a view of the park
>>
I live in Knoxville as well, the campus is supposedly haunted since the whole campus area + Ft Sanders was a civil war battle site.
If you have some free time, go check out the Millenium Manor in alcoa/maryville. Its a big stone mansion built by a guy who thought it would withstand the apocalypse. His wife died before him, so he didn't care anymore.

What you should really do is go check out the Lost Sea, really awesome place.
http://thelostsea.com/

or check out the old school buildings and stuff in Cades Cove.
>>
Seems to be quite a lot of Knoxville on /x/. Every time I see a TN thread it's full of us.

>>17924495
When did you post about moth man? Care to give some details? When? How? Heard any rumblings of mib encounters in your area?
>>
OP here, from Knoxville too.
Thanks for the spot recommendations.
>>
>>17923840
The fuck? Why would you go to a cool place like Gatlinburg, and waste your time running around grave yards and abandoned places at night? Fuck that. You tell those fuckers to get themselves a goddamn funnel cake, or maybe a caramel apple as soon as they get to town. Then go ride some fucking go carts, play some miniature golf, or maybe go bungee jumping. If they still want supernatural, then they should check out Ripleys.
>>
>>17924521
>Lost Sea, really awesome place.

My mom used to always want to take me to caves and shit when I was a kid. She was apparently fascinated by them. We lived in the Chattanooga area, so I saw Ruby Falls way more than I ever wanted to. The Lost Sea is much like Ruby Falls. A long ass walk to see the only really interesting portion of the cave, and then walking back.

The last time I went diving, it was cave diving. I briefly got lost and couldn't tell up from down. I've not been interested in going inside any caves, whether submerged or not, since.
>>
>>17924772
Well that makes sense. Ive only gone once, I remember it fondly.
>>
>>17924799
I guess if you were a kid, it would be fucking magical. Fucking everything is. Everything was magical to my mom too. That's what I miss about her.
>>
I never expected so may people from Tennessee.
Thought I was the only one
>>
>>17924809
I lost my mom too. Saying it sucks is an understatement.
>>
>>17924744
We live nearby, not exactly a fan of the tourist trap stuff in the area.
>>
>>17924813

Nah, there's a lot of us. It's a pretty big state. I'm actually more Georgian technically though, I just live on the line and most of anything worth doing is in Tennessee....of course we can buy fireworks in GA now, and they at least sell beer and wine (on sundays too!) in my county now, but you know what? There was something magical about driving to Cleveland, or somewhere to buy fireworks. We'd take back roads and shoot them out of the moving vehicle at like livestock and shit.

Once me and a friend, and a bottle of Jim Beam decided we needed fireworks, and we drove to Raccoon mountain. Somehow we ended up drinking the bottle, and decided to go hang gliding--not for real. It was like on a zip-line, as I don't think they just turn anyone lose with a hang glider and let them jump off the side of the mountain, simply because they want to. It was lots of fun though.

>>17924825
Yea. Mine died of cancer in '08. My grandma (her mom) was always like a mom to me too, especially after mom died. She died of cancer herself a little over a week ago. It hurt too, but not like I thought it would. Not like when I lost mom. I actually feel bad about that too. Still she was almost 90. She lived a long life, and she went a whole lot easier, and peacefully in the end.
>>
>>17924854
I was kinda kidding, but I do gotta have me a funnel cake, and waste some money on riding go carts if I go anywhere near there. Usually anytime I've ever been, we'd spend a day in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, and then head up into the mountains early the next morning. I like both aspects of the area. It's a fun, and very versatile weekend getaway location.
>>
>>17924868
My mom passed in '11 from cancer too. My grandma from lung cancer when I was around 13. She was in her 50s I think, Mom passed in her mid 50s.
Too young for that. Best you can do is to live a life to make them proud, is what I tell myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 990x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 990x816
Guy that saw mothman here

I told the story once or twice on /x/ maybe a week ago. But if you didnt see it ill be happy to tell it again.

West side of Morristown Tennessee, on the hill behind the BP and the chevy dealership, for any of you localbros.

>be me
>be 15
>friend and i wanna find a good place for the A I R S O F T
>we go up this hill where theres this clearing, thinking it would make a neato battlefield
>were up there, surveying the area and talking
>hear this:
>WOOOOOSH
>SNAP
>CCHJKKFBRBTB
>i look over and see a humanoid figure with big ass wings (brown/greyish color) fly into the damn woods
>fucking puke
>manage to get the words "get down [the hill]"
>we nope it all the way down the fucking hill

Basically the end of that story. But i have another about mothman and one about that hill and a ufo i saw up there
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Guy that saw mothman again

I forgot to mention, that SNAP i heard was a tree branch that mothfag must have broken as he flew into the woods. No shit, it was probably the same circumference as a 2 liter coke bottle. It takes a lot more than a hallucination to do that, just saying
>>
God damn, I'm new to the TN/KY area, and am highly interested in seeing some spooky things in these fine states. Originally from California, seen my fair share of ghost shit.
>>
>>17924868
Do you live in Ringgold? I don't wanna know who you are or anything, I'm just curious.
>>
>>17925287
Campbell
>>
>>17925287
Fort O.
>>
>>17925331
Fort O? Not so sure I get what ye mean.
>>
>>17923840
sheeeit, any Nashfags here?
>>
>>17925349
Guess you could consider me to be a nashfag.
>>
Mothman fag again

Hey new guy, idk if you saw my list i made for OP earlier, but if you wanna see some spoopy stuff in East TN, here are my faves:

>Bethesda church
>Spangel Road (kkk shit)
>Morristown college
>Rose center
> Sensebaugh tunnel

All of those, except Sensebaugh tunnel, are in Morristown in Hamblen county. Thats where i am. If anyone has any questions for me or wants to hear any more spoopy stories, lemme know.
>>
>>17925344
Fort Oglethorpe
>>
>>17925359
Start Kik group for spooky shit?
>>
I would do a kik thing but i dont have one. Besides, i prefer to tell my stories on /x/ anyways. I want as many people to see my stories as possible, because i know how much i hate it when a good story turns out to be bullshit, so i only tell true stories, or at least what I truly believe to be true
>>
>>17925268
Bobby Mackey's Music World
KY

Very spoopy
>>
>>17923840
You said you have some spoopy stories? Sounds interesting, you mind sharing a few?
>>
>>17925008
Crazy stuff dude. Must've been scary as balls. I thought you were saying you saw it recently. Are the depictions you see on the internt anywhere in the ballpark of what you saw? Or were you pooping too hard to notice?
>>
What i saw fit the typical description of mothman. Humanoid, winged, brownish-greyish color, and moves fast as a motherfucker.

Inb4 "its your iiimmaaaaaaaginaaayyyyyshuuuun"
because when i saw mothfag, it was before i had ever even heard of him. Also, a friend of mine who lives nearby told me his experience with mothman, and I believe him because what he described was very similar to what i saw, AND he just told me his story in conversation. I hadnt even thought to mention my experience to him until right after he told me his story.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.