[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Latvian spooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hey so my Mum told me this story:
My family comes from Latvia (next to Russia) and my Mum, Aunt and Uncle had a baby sitter named Matra, she lived down the road and looked after the children a lot as Gran and Grandad had to work a lot. Matra who was 19 grew very close to my Mum, uncle and aunty.
One day she disappeared and she was never heard of again. Gran told the police yet they did very little about it (during the beginning of the war)
Anyway the Matra mystery was never solved and my family moved to Australia when the war got ugly.
20 or so years later my Mum, Aunty, and Gran did a Ouija board session and called out to see if any spirits were with them.
'Matra' was spelt out.
They instantly knew it was the young Matra who disappeared
Mum loved Matra and was overcome with happiness to hear from her
Gran asked what happened to her
'Dead' was spelt back
all shocked my aunt asked how did she die
'poison' was spelt back
At this time they all felt a overwhelming emotion of sadness and oppression
My Gran asked who had poisoned her, they didn't get answer for a while yet -
'Juris' was spelt out
My Gran then asked the spirit of Matra to leave quickly, she got up and locked herself in her room for two days.
Juris was my Grans brother
>>
>>17915629
Okay, first, pity you used the eponymous "ben drowned" pic for this story.

Second, it's not very compelling. I mean, I'll take this to be true. At it's surface, grown ups are playing a Ouija board and they aren't even doing it right. You can't ask how someone died. And then there's no atmosphere in your description.

On that point, third, if you are going to set this in Latvia, sell Latvia. The war, many people disappearing for political reasons. The forests, deep, some of the oldest in the word, dark forests where the landscape tricks your eyes and ravines might be a step away, and human remains have been found scattered with human teeth marks on the bones. The war messed that whole area up, man. Sell it or lose it.

Finally, encapsulating all my comments, this is /x/. Don't spare the details.
>>
>>17915629
Im from Latvia.
This is creepy story, can imagine what pain your family feels.
>>
Wasnt her name Marta?
>>
I ain't no Stephen King amigo no need to do a in depth analysis of my story
>>
>>17915663
Guess it's hard to spell when you are dead and move the planchette around with all these goobs holding it.
>>
>>17915668
No, but we don't expect a Stephen King. But this is horrible. It's way lower than average. Work on the story a little more first and then post it, please. I mean, there's nothing compelling you, but otherwise, it's just a degradation of the level of story-telling here which is one thing /x/ still has somewhat going for it.
>>
>>17915653
the creepy pasta critic ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>17915674
You're welcome. You'll find most critics will just shit on your story or skip it and it will hit the archive. I'm trying to do the author a favor, but pearls to swine I guess. Good point.
>>
>>17915673
Sorry dude for my pitiful and disgusting story
now if you will excuse me I need to down a tall frosty glass of bleach to get over crippling comments
>>
>>17915629
>man door hand hook car door.
>>
>>17915681
Not trying to crush you. It's called constructive criticism. I'm saying you can improve it. But sounds like you're a black-and-white kind of dude, so never mind.
>>
>>17915682
yeah me too
>>
>>17915686
desu was my first post and I thought that story was a good idea to post
next one will meet your almighty requirements
>>
>>17915629
Par ko, pie velna, tu muldi, idiot?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.