[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does my girlfriend see things just as she's falling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.jpg (211 KB, 1272x649) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
211 KB, 1272x649
Why does my girlfriend see things just as she's falling asleep or waking up? She is also a really angry sleeper, if I even scrape her arm when reaching for a drink in the night she will say "Don't fucking touch me you cunt", I'll say "what?" then she'll mumble shit I can't understand or say some other angry shit, if she wakes up she starts acting normally. She's normally a quiet and very laid back person, sceptic, intelligent, good job, organized and would never believe in anything paranormal - basically just a normal person although her hallucinations do freak her out. Even when I try to interest her with stories from /x/ she barely listens and just responds with "mhmm", she doesn't care for it.
Hallucinations include:
silhouette of boy or girl standing at the end of the bed

a gigantic black horse head right in her face which she has literally screamed at upon waking up, possibly a humans body she claims

hat man (the only thing i recognized from /x/) she has seen him several times, once he's even strangled her and once tried to suffocate her both during sleep paralysis

i've asked her about the woman in white or the white lady who typically stands in the corner of people rooms then walks away once noticed without violence, she claims she has seen a woman standing in the corner but with no white dress

gigantic mastiff-like dog sitting at the end of the bed with a huge head, could even feel the weight of it pushing the bed down

numerous cats and dogs huddled to sleep at the end of the bed (we have our own dog who sleeps in bed with us, she apparently does not notice him anywhere during her hallucinations)

more silhouettes of different kinds of man and women standing in different places in the room

the one that really gets me is she apparently woke up to me in the night (she wasn't hallucinating at the time) and I was sitting up saying "there's a woman at the end of the bed". cont,
>>
this freaked me out because i have never hallucinated before and I have 0 recollection of it, i was probably just sleep talking/walking but it seems coincidentally related to her hallucinations.

it was about 6-8 months ago when she was complaining about all of this, but i recently asked her if she was still seeing things while half asleep assuming it had probably stopped and she said "nope, i see them all the time i'm just used to it now". that kind of bothered me and i don't really feel comfortable falling asleep at night now considering i too was apparently complaining of somebody at the end of the bed.

other angry things she does while sleeping:

kick/punch me telling me to make more room although she probably has most of it already, usually swearing for instance "fucking make more room" followed by things like "shut the fuck up", "don't fucking touch me" after any response i make. when i tell her these the next day she seems startled by her behaviour in her sleep and is very apologetic. one time i woke up to "don't... fucking... touch me", i must have scraped her tossing or turning in my sleep or something, i woke her up a bit annoyed telling her to shut the fuck up, she woke up surprised by how i was acting and had no recollection of what she was saying. (usually as we are falling asleep we are spooning/cuddling or something but don't usually wake up this way)

she is beginning to annoy me and i am losing sleep/not feeling comfortable going to sleep next to her. i know hallucinating when half asleep is pretty common because i've been googling shit but why is she also a rough sleeper and why the fuck is she claiming i was seeing things at the end of the bed? any similar experiences? i'm probably over reacting but it's freaking me out quite a bit.
>>
I also very doubt she is lying about anything, she barely even talks about it until I bring up the subject, she doesn't seem to like to. She also has woken up a couple of times screaming and kicking the covers off and my dog off the bed and waking up my whole family who she is usually very quiet around or her own family if we stay at hers. she has no history of sleep walking though, she doesn't know of a single case she has walked around the house or anything, I however am the opposite and do all sorts of retarded shit during my sleep (including walking into my sisters room completely naked) which was really akward. I have also walked outside of a cabin we were staying at for a weekend in my underwear in the freezing cold, i woke up to her flinging a door open and running at me shouting her head off.

could it be possible we're both just retarded sleepers and there is no relation?
>>
File: incest_its_all_relative.jpg (60 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
incest_its_all_relative.jpg
60 KB, 480x600
>>17007846
>including walking into my sisters room completely naked
Tell me more, anon. I'm intrigued, in a scientific way of course.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia#Sights
>>
>>17007995
this pretty much sounds like it, thanks. why though do people see the hat man when they have this? she had never even heard of him before i mentioned it and she had already seen him a few times before then. what in your brain causes you to see this?
>>
>>17007804
Let me guess, she has a healthy 3d eye thats gives her the benefits to see demons.
Angels in disguise what's purpose is to force their sins upon them to face their fears, to accomplish Love/wholeness. There is something that is kept in and need to be let go.
This is more normal to girls since their brain works a bit different when it come to letting things go and accept things.
In your position I would recommend to give her some space and let her sort this thing out for her self. But be there for her and let her now it okey and tell her
- "Nothing in the world can bother you as much as your own mind, I tell you. In fact, others seem to be bothering you, but it is not others, it is your own mind."
>>
>>17008153
JESUS FUCK YOU ARE ANNOYING
>>
File: Therapy.gif (108 KB, 1107x797) Image search: [Google]
Therapy.gif
108 KB, 1107x797
>>17007804
Ive already said what needs to be said on your first OP that you posted in /x/ on this subject anon. And since you didn't like my answer I will give you an answer you wont like.

Since you've obviously now gathered less than scientific data about these occurrences and you're here now in the den of misinformation, you're clearly convinced that was is happening is supernatural when most likely this is not the case at all.

When a person experiences sleep paralysis while awake, what do you think the process of rationalizing this experience looks like? "Someone was there in the night strangling me."

Do research to find out who lived in the home before you and if nobody fits the description of the people you claim to have "hallucinated" then you know its made up. Because ghosts don't appear suddenly where they've never been (unless conjured).

While what you are describing certainly sounds like a supernatural phenomenon - it is important to remember that brain is the source of interpretation of the outside world. You are simply ignoring the fact that the mind is notorious for playing tricks.

Everyone has been through a circumstance where they thought one thing but something totally different happened. The same basis applies here.

The problem with hallucinations and the supernatural is that this topic is like a scapegoat. Its so easy to say, "I saw something" yet.. in court eye witness testimony is regarded with much skepticism as we know that memory is not a solid thing but something that changes and re-writes itself to fit whatever it is we currently believe to be true.

Biological and environmental variables are clearly coming together to create whatever it is that is truly going on. If more sinister forces were at work you would be speaking to a professional and not the anonymous squandering of 4chan.
Get over this hallucination stuff and burn some incense.
>>
>>17009468
I've never posted this before so I think you are confused with a similar post. But thanks, this helps.
>>
File: Try Harder.jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Try Harder.jpg
90 KB, 1440x1080
>>17011531
>"Ive already said what needs to be said on your first OP that you posted in /x/ on this subject anon."

That means that despite making a new post, you (or someone else) made a post that discussed their girlfriend having hallucinations at night along with strange mood fluctuations.

If you are saying that is a coincidence then I'd find the other post to which I am refering to and share your experiences with that anon.

But if you are the author of the thread to which I am refering as well as this one, like I said...

""Ive already said what needs to be said on your first OP that you posted in /x/ on this subject anon.""
>>
>>17007804

>Why does my girlfriend see things just as she's falling asleep or waking up?

That's my astral benis, sorry senpai
>>
>>17007995

Thread/
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.