[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need someone who can cast the runes. European runes in general.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: triskel.jpg (44 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
triskel.jpg
44 KB, 900x900
I need someone who can cast the runes.

European runes in general.

I'll explain the specifics once you show up.
>>
>>17903460
Explain the specifics now and maybe someone will care enough.

That and I'm bored as hell, so humor me?

In turn, have a free bump.
>>
File: answered.jpg (206 KB, 1588x733) Image search: [Google]
answered.jpg
206 KB, 1588x733
>European runes in general.

Do you think they are Asian runes? Maybe Antarctic runes? Martian runes?
>>
>>17903466
Dubs checked.

I've consulted a few other divinators, and I now need somebody to cast the runes.

The situation in question is a girl I'm with who is in... trouble. We have agreed to quiet down for now, because her parents aren't approving of me.

Would it work out?

I already posted in the divination thread, got two same answers, went to ask a friend to cast the runes who decided to be a complete dick about it and treat me like dirt, so I cut ties with him.

>>17903474
I guess I worded myself badly.
>>
>>17903460
These are the types of runes http://www.therunesite.com/section/rune-meanings/

I have the Elder Futhark set, but I'm a beginner if you don't mind me practising on you I can read.
>>
>>17903460
Runic magic wasn't very difficult. Very few people could read in the Viking Age and Migration Period, runes were a writing system used only by the elite. Just writing out a curse and placing it around the target's living area (f.ex. under their bed) was usual practice. For example carving the word for "disease" or "famine" on a stick and burying it on an enemy's farm would be a way to curse. The reverse is also true for positive effects. In Egill's Saga a curse is accidentally put on girl because runes were carved incorrectly on her bedpost, Egill Skallagrimsson as a runemaster recarved the runes and cured her.

Don't believe the stupid Wiccan shit about runic magic. Runes were never cast as lots to predict the future - that's nonsense. Historically it was mostly a writing system which could also have secondary magical uses.
>>
>>17904416
>Runes were never cast as lots to predict the future

Let me help you out:

“For divination and the casting of lots they have the highest regard. Their procedure in casting lots is always the same. They cut off a branch of a nut-bearing tree and slice it into strips; these they mark with different signs and throw them completely at random onto a white cloth. Then the priest of the state, if the consultation is a public one, or the father of the family if it is private, offers a prayer to the gods, and looking up at the sky picks up three strips, one at a time, and reads their meaning from the signs previously scored on them. If the lots forbid an enterprise, there is no deliberation that day on the matter in question; if they allow it, confirmation by the taking of auspices is required.”
-Tacitus, Germania 10

"All will prove true that thou askest of runes --
those that are come from the gods,
which the high Powers wrought, and which Odin painted:
then silence is surely best."
-Havamal, 79

"Of runes they spoke, and the reading of runes
was little withheld from their lips:
at the High One's hall, in the High One's hall,
I thus heard the High One say: -- "
-Havamal, 110

"Hidden Runes shalt thou seek and interpreted signs,
many symbols of might and power,
by the great Singer painted, by the high Powers fashioned,
graved by the Utterer of gods."
-Havamal, 141

"Dost know how [...] to read,
dost know [...] how to ask
-Havamal, 143
>>
>Racist Runes
>>
>>17903460
you want to cast the divine power of the runes for such frivolous trivialities of life...

im sorry sir but its not gonna happen, at least not from a legit source.
>>
>>17903480
So what do you want with the parents? Do you want them dead or to leave you alone?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.