[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do the gods of our ancestors still watch over us?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: othala.jpg (182 KB, 736x952) Image search: [Google]
othala.jpg
182 KB, 736x952
So I live in the UK, with roots traceable in both Anglo-Saxon and Norse bloodlines (I will, for the sake of the thread, not bother explaining that they're almost entirely the same thing anyway), and lately I've really been into both Celtic and Nordic and Anglo-Saxon mythology (did you know they're actually the same religion, just with slightly different names for deities) and exploring my genetic and cultural roots from before the time of Christianity in the UK.

I started really getting into the cultural heritage that was denied to us by Christian foreigners who saw our ancestors as Barbarians and began feeling an innate connection with the men and women whose genetic legacy I carry to this day; men and women who were almost certainly Germanic Pagans and followers of Woden/Odin.

Now a year ago, I began feeding crows because I heard they'd give you gifts and stuff and I was right. They occasionally leave little bits of shiny metal they find and there's even one crow who will feed right out of my hand.

Recently, as I got more into the mythology of these ancient people, I began to notice the crow would hang around my window and watch me, which I found weird, but I assumed he was hungry so I fed him. This was strange, because after eating, he would still stay and watch me.

Then this morning when I go to feed him (I feed him from my bedroom window on the first floor), with little bits of bread in my hand, he flies right to my hand and drops a small scrap of paper with the Othala rune in pic related scrawled on it.

Suddenly I feel like Odin, a figure I never particularly believed in, is trying to tell me something.

What should I do, /x/?

I would provide photographic evidence of the crow and the little bit of paper with the rune, but quite frankly it's so easy to just fake that even I wouldn't believe it, so there's not really any point.
>>
>>17008071
Polytheists will get the dick.
>>
can confirm buddhas.
looking for better path.
finding it always.
>>
I'm also of anglo-saxon decent. I too have been looking at our forgotten history.

If what you say is true I would consider it to be a sign that you are doing the right thing.
Odin had two ravens Huginn and Muninn that flew all across the world and brought information to Odin, or Woden as he would have been called in England.

I'm unsure how to go about relearning my ancestors religions and traditions, and how to go about practicing them without becoming ostracised.
I'm tempted to go and start a life living in the Northern Wilderness but It'd be lonely as fuck
>>
>>17008097
I'm currently also looking into Celtic Polytheism. I'm beginning to wonder if Celtic and Germanic Paganism might share the same roots and, through the folly of man, been split into two separate religions when in truth they were one.

It's interesting to see how many gods are considered to have exact equivalents in other religions, as though those gods are the same, or rather different aspects of the same deity as is a common theme in many polytheistic religions.

It certainly looks as though Celtic and Norse culture were similar.

Could it be that pagan deities split themselves into different individual deities to better conform to the different people and cultures of man? Could it be that Zeus, Thor, Taranis, Jupiter and Indra were different physical aspects of the same being?
>>
>>17008102
I think the same prolific figures throughout history have been known by many people and called many names.
From ancient Sumeria through to paganism and modern religions.

Whether they are aliens, gods or some other kind of entity is up for dispute.
>>
>>17008109
>Sumeria
It's pronounced Pthumeria, sweetie
>>
>>17008117
Well its spelt Sumeria, how can you know my pronunciation of a word that you haven't heard me say?
>>
>>17008129
OKjjust ignore and forget me then
>>
>>17008131
Doesn't everybody?
>>
>>17008133
And you wonder why you suffer
>>
>>17008138
I'm quite fine for the most part
But I'm only joking man, you're okay.
>>
File: ludwig-smile-promo-640x480.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ludwig-smile-promo-640x480.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
>>17008144
Haha I guess I got trolled huh
>>
Some what related:

Fun fact: crows are extremely intelligent birds, capable of problem solving and using tools. They're pretty bro if you befriend them.
>>
File: radical islam.jpg (133 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
radical islam.jpg
133 KB, 960x640
>21st century
>still being a polytheist

Why?

The civilized world adopted monotheism hundreds of years before you were even born. The only reason in 2015 to be a polytheist is if you want to be shocking or different because you're an antisocial basic white boy.

Paganism is dead. You essentially have two different religious paradigms to choose from: The Abrahamic (Islam, Judaism, Christianity) and the Dharmic (Hindu, Buddhism, Sikhism).

If you're reading this, chances are you live in a Christian nation, so that should be your obvious first choice. Notice how there are no pagan nations.
>>
>>17008171
Someone turn this bot off

its shit
>>
>>17008163
They recognise faces after many years, even decades.
They also show delayed gratification.

If you give them a piece of bread they have the option to eat it straight away, however they have been observed using the bread to catch fish and enjoy a much better meal.
This shows very high levels of intelligence.
I heard they may have processing power greater than a five year old child.
>>
What you're looking for is asatru(Nordic heathenry) and more specifically theodism(anglosaxon hearhenry) Heathenry is Germanic paganism. I've rubbed shoulders with ultra hippy dips and little hitlers in heathenry it's what you make of it.

There's little out there on Celtic stuff as the Druids were oral and the religion overall tribal and insular.
>>
>>17008192
Any recommendations for learning more about Druidism?
>>
>>17008171
I wish to share the same beliefs regarding spiritualism and origin as my ancestors, is that not the most logical idea?

They believed those things with very little influence from the outside world. It was their understanding of the world as they deduced it and as it presented itself to them.

There were no Chinese whispers, no interpretations, just undiluted beliefs.

Years later a foreign ideology was forced upon them. One that was heavily influenced by many cultures and people, one that could be bent to control people or justify hate.

Now, as a relatively free individual I choose to seek out their lost knowledge and apply it to myself as their descendant in the modern world.

Wouldn't anybody who was searching for themselves, their origins and their meaning do the same?
>>
>>17008205
Druids were the educated, professional class of the time.
>>
Its interesting to note that Tir is identified with Polaris.
>>
File: smirk.jpg (4 KB, 198x193) Image search: [Google]
smirk.jpg
4 KB, 198x193
>>17008214
>muh ancesdors :DDD
Name three of your ancestors who were pagan.

Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
>>17008214
>When we were kids we used to play and get dirty and it was so much fun :D
>But then a bunch of adults came and made us take baths :(
>It sucked, it's like they just came and imposed their will on us!
>Now, as a relatively free individual I choose to seek out the lost dirt and apply it to myself
This is what you sound like.
>>
>>17008274
Not only is your demand blatant bait, but it's also stupid as fuck.
>>
>>17008071
pray to odin
>>
>>17008461
>you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded
>>
>>17008289
The fallacy here is believing somehow that Christianity was clean and didn't reside over the greatest period of loss of human knowledge and freedom in history and that somehow, pagan religions weren't clean just because you were made to go to Church on Sunday.

>>17008171
>21st century
>still not realizing that Christianity was and is nothing but a man-made religion used by the later Roman emperors to try and force control over that which was quickly slipping away from them.

Christianity was founded on the basis of being, and always has been, nothing more than a method of control. The only reason it persists to this day is the fact it was violently forced down the throats of pagans who were all but told to convert or be killed.

>Notice how there are no pagan nations.

To most religions, all other religions are pagan.
>>
>>17008461
So do you actually know any of your ancestors by name? Or do you just have this vague mental image of a bunch of old bearded white dudes in robes or something? Because honestly, if your family tree doesn't actually go back that far, then your ancestry can't be THAT important in your everyday life.

I mean. You won't hear me bragging about my Christian "ancestors" because I know nobody gives a shit. It doesn't matter who your ancestors were, it matters who YOU are.

>>17008485
>The fallacy here is believing somehow that Christianity was clean
Holy water, son. You won't find THAT at your hippie pagan nudist club.
>>
>>17008485
>Christianity was founded on the basis of being, and always has been, nothing more than a method of control
No, in civilized country we have this thing called "freedom of religion." Nobody's pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to accept Jesus; you're free to be Muslim or Buddhist or any other religion. You're also free to worship your dried-up old fake pagan gods, just as you're free to believe the Earth is flat and that the sun is being pulled by a magic chariot, but don't expect anyone to take your beliefs and values seriously if you don't practice a modern religion.
>>
>>17008503
Keep doing the Lord's work, son.
>>
>>17008071
Hey OP, I'm also from the UK and super interested in this shit. I'd agree with Anglo-Saxon and Norse Paganism being of the same descent (Germanic paganism lets call it), but I'm not so sure about the Celtic connection. You may well know more than me but so far I've found Celtic mythology to be quite independent and somewhat strange. Where are the links? Lay it out for me?

Pretty fucking interesting what you say about the Crows and it is true that Corvids (Crows, Ravens, Magpies etc) are the smartest birds. There is a book that might be worth checking out called Odin's Gateways by Katie Garrard. In it she details how to, I guess you'd call it 'Astral Travel', meet directly with Odin. It is worth noting though that Odin is a war(rior) god and should not be consulted lightly. Also he will expect a gift and will take one, so be prepared or he might take something you were not willing to part with. Pretty wild stuff but worth a read.

Also check out 'Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia' by Varg Vikernes (of black metal band Mayhem fame). It's actually pretty good, this guy has obviously done a lot of thinking about this subject and done his homework.

And you guys >>17008117 >>17008109
I'm pretty sure the Sumerians were from Sumer, not Sumeria.
>>
>>17008071
They live in the blood of your forebears which is your blood.
>>
Look up "Vril energy", OP.

It's kinda the Norse equivalent of qi, it might get you somewhere.
>>
>>17008503
>holy water
Your daily reminder to stop believing catholic supersition. If you wish to follow Jesus Christ thats all well and good, but you should actually follow the bible if you want to do that right. Holy water? Unbiblical. Leave it to idiot catholics to imagine for even a second that the great I AM could be contained in some fucking H2O. Nigga, please. Go pray to an icon or some shit.

Faggot.
>>
>>17008071
Keep doing what You're doing.
The path You've taken and now carve is simply right.
There's no doubt that the conversion during medieval times was a huge drawback that left us and our folklore to oblivion.
We forgot what made us the true Folk of given lands and forgotten were the spirits that gurded them. Whole tradition, wisdom and knowladge pushed into rock bottom in the name of "progress" which was but a joke.
And what it lead us to? Bullshit and cesspool, multiculturalism, degeneracy and retardation of society.

I'd say don't ignore the signs, gifts and blessing bestowed upon thy, no need to be cynical about them either, which I doubt You'd be, instead cherish and get the most out of them. These roots are rich in depth, that it would be a shame not to delve in it.
>>
I'm pretty interested in the old gods myself and I often wonder how things would be different if Christianity had not spread to my part of the world like the terrible cancer that it is. Very intriguing topic OP, sure looks fu-

>guise seriously I've been COMMUNING WITH TGE CROWS and one of them came and gave me this super cool RUNE! Lol wish I could take a picture of it but I won't for no reason lol xD BELEIVE ME GUISE IM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE

No wait, nevermind, it's just another roleplaying thread. Don't you have to be at least 18 to post here?
>>
>>17008485
>reside over the greatest period of loss of human knowledge

Damn nigger, you're supposed to pay attention in your world history class.
>>
>>17008071
God watches over us.

Doesn't have to related to the radical religious movement killing people "Christian" which should ultimately have a different name.

Sure plenty of deities exist, but grant impermanent gifts, to each demigods their own "special talent" but there is the Supreme Lord who most demigods praise and many demigods despise, who has all the special talents and is most opulent.
>>
>>17008739
Okay so are Orthodox Christians fake Christians too?
>>
>>17009132
Difference between real Christians and fake christians is a matter of who follows the Spirit of God and fulfills vows made and God's laws.

Some Christians tell you "your going to hell" when they also are subject to the same judgment. Some start wars and touch little boys.

There is a problem with the label of "Christianity"

Jesus essentially is the Saviour because He tells people to connect with a Supreme God. He does not tell us to go to church just so we can say we went to church on Sunday, but to actually feel it.

All religions have people who use the religion in a very bad way, and are far from being close to God.
>>
>>17008071
So first, Odin does exist. How do I know this? Because he visitted me in my dream after I started to explore germanic paganism and meditated on this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4rBN7CE1Mo

If you want to contact him, I recommend you meditate on this song while trying to connect to Odin with nothing but appreciation and thankfullness in your heart, and the deep desire to get to know him and build a relationship.

You might even want to light a candle for him. If you want to get really serious about worshipping him, you might poor him some mead and put it next to the candle.

To me, he gave two dreams. In the first one, he just introduced himself as this muscular elder man with long grey hair, in brown pants and boots, sitting on a rock in front of a creek, in the middle of a forrest.

In the second dream he gifted me some items.

PS: Yes, all those norse Gods are actual entities and do exist
>>
>>17008071
I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt and believe you on this. I'm a fairly well practiced runecaster. I can interpret this if you give me a few pieces of information. I need the EXACT orientation that Othala was given to you and what dilemma you were facing or the question you were asking yourself before the crow showed up. Precision and accuracy is needed for this so please spare no details.
>>
>>17009158
So basically you're one of those new-age hippie Christians who believe it's immoral to try and save people, and that we should just let them drink and fuck and practice sorcery etc.? That's what it means to be a "good Christian" to you?
>>
I have a Ph.D. in medieval literature/language of the British isles. I've studied and written articles on a lot of the stuff mentioned in this thread.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>17009210
>mentally focusing on a subject and archetypal being prompted me to dream about it
>therefor the being I interacted with in my dream was real outside of my own mind
If this is what constitutes knowledge or proof in your mind, you're no better than the Christards who all know Jesus is our Lord and Savior because he personally spoke to them.
>>
>>17009335
No nothing about my post said any of that.

Jesus isn't religion exclusive but is important to anyone who believes in God.

If you love God, you'll love Jesus.

If you hate Jesus, your not getting it.
>>
>>17009393
You don't even know who Jesus was
>>
>>17009399
I know Him very well, inside the Bible and outside the Bible, and in reality He never died, so the Jesus who exists is also a devotee to bringing people to God consciousness.
>>
>>17009404
No being is more perfect than Jesus, or more devoted to God.

He wants all beings to be devoted to God.

Realizing God is essentially realizing Nirvana and Enlightened reality, but with more loving service to the Supreme being.

All demigods and humabs and all beings will never be equal to God.
>>
>>17009376
Link to articles plz.
>>
>>17009378
That was only one experience out of countless ones. Basically, I talked to a lot of spirits, some of them demonic kings, angels, deities, and random other spirits. Throw in some astral projection, and information that I obtained from entities, that I havent known of before.

Like once, an entity visitted a dream and left some words behind. I woke up wondering what the fuck happened, especially because the words didnt ring a bell with me at all, never heard them before. So I decided to google it up just in case, and guess what, turned out its the name of an actual demon.

Another thing was, when I asked why I am feeling miserable often. Entity gave me a dream with the word "NOETICS" written on it. I never heard of it before, I even hesitated to write the words down because it sounded like random nonsense. But I decided to give it a try and google it to be sure, and it turns out on wikipedia:

"The Institute of Noetic Sciences proposes noetic sciences as "how beliefs, thoughts, and intentions affect the physical world"

Means the spirit told me mostly the reason for my misery is, because I am causing it on myself by beind sad and having bad thoughts. Basically, we create our own reality to a big extent, and if you are going to wallow in fears etc, you will eventually make those fears come true.
>>
>>17008071
YOU'RE A FUCKING LIAR
>>
File: archetypes.png (98 KB, 1895x933) Image search: [Google]
archetypes.png
98 KB, 1895x933
>>17009418
I think you should check out some of Carl Jung's writings on dream analysis and archetypes. Maybe you are speaking to other beings, or maybe such beings reflect ideas and archetypes you have sealed in your unconscious mind. I like to view both as possibilities, although one seems more likely in most situations than the other. I also recommend you look into the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes, it's a theory that individual minds of the earliest humans were divided in a way where a left-hemisphere "human" mind was given commands by a right-hemisphere "God" mind, and was experienced through mental voices and sensory hallucinations that were perceived in their time as personal gods and spirits. Part of the theory is that some people today resemble that mental structure more than others, schizophrenics who experience "command-hallucinations" being one of the best examples. You sound like a very "right-brain" dominant/creative minded person (I say that in quotes because it's really more of a psychological term and not at all a scientific one), not saying you're schizophrenic of course, just that seem much more in touch with your creative side derived from your senses and feelings than with your rational mind. Curious if you know your Myers-Briggs personality type.

>A notable characteristic of Jung's archetypes is that we recognize them in image and emotion. This gives a profound effects on us and implies that they have deep and primitive origins. They thus have a particular potential for significance and may be feared or revered as mysterious signifiers of things beyond our complete understanding.
>In earlier work, Jung linked the archetypes to heredity and considered them as instinctual. Yet wherever he looked across cultures, he found the same archetypes and thus came to conceptualize them as fundamental forces that somehow exist beyond us. They have existed in ancient myths as elemental spirits and Jung sought to link with this deep and old experience.
>>
>>17008171
What you fail to realize is that there are still plenty of pagan religious people out there that still practice there ways but they don't flaunt it or speak about it because most people would criticize them about it and shun them for it. Because of their beliefs they don't try to recruit others or force their views on others the way Christianity or Buddhists do.
>>
>>17008071
>cultural heritage that was denied to us by Christian foreigners who saw our ancestors as Barbarians
Actually, that's more of a culture thing.
Here we are super-proud of our ancestors, despite knowing very little about them beyond basic concepts.

>>17008214
>There were no Chinese whispers, no interpretations
The entire system of indo-european religion and folk practices is one massive chinese whisper, lol.
>>
File: Anul-Nou-plugusor_dd6c82cc10.jpg (310 KB, 1877x1000) Image search: [Google]
Anul-Nou-plugusor_dd6c82cc10.jpg
310 KB, 1877x1000
>>17009590
forgot pic.
>>
>>17009540
Yes anon, our own thoughts play a big role in creating our own reality. We get what we expect. Our very thoughts create our subjective reality to a great extent, you are absolutely right with that one. I am not familiar in depth with Jungs theories, nor with Jaynes theories, but let me give you another example.

What if two people decide to induce an OBE on command, then do both astral projection towards another dimensions/realm, and actually meet up both on the astral spiritual realm, recognize each other, visit places with each other, do things with each other, and upon coming back you both saw the same things and share the same memory? Because that happened.

What if during that travel, you went to see different entities? And you both percieved them in the same way, and remembered the same things they told you?

What if you get accurate predictions of the future by entities?

What if you accidently piss off entities, and then end up lying in bed in fetal position for a few days because everything hurts and they are fucking you up?

What if you can actually feel and see your chakras, and work with them producing different results?

What if you can cast spells and it produces quite obvious results?

The spirits are very real anon. While our brain very much influences our own reality, it is still true that Gods, spirits, all that stuff is out there, and it has independent mind and agendas.
>>
>>17009669
>What if two people decide to induce an OBE on command, then do both astral projection towards another dimensions/realm, and actually meet up both on the astral spiritual realm, recognize each other, visit places with each other, do things with each other, and upon coming back you both saw the same things and share the same memory?
All a matter of how you interpret it, I suppose. I thoroughly believe that everything is ultimately mental and all minds are connected and have the potential to influence each other beyond time and space, from that perspective it might be thought that an experience of one sufficiently powerful mind could induce a similar experience in a connected but more passive mind. From that interpretation the dominant creative mind could create a mental experience, and a connected passive mind would just be along for the ride, experiencing the same thing from their own perspective. That's just an uncommon idea I like to think about though.
>What if you get accurate predictions of the future by entities?
Some dream-state predictions can be the outcome of things you subconsciously already knew. For example, if you were to dream about a land slide happening in an area you know. You don't think about it, but subconsciously you know the already unstable land is becoming more eroded from a weeks worth of rainstorms. You don't think about it but subconsciously you know what will happen.
>What if you accidently piss off entities, and then end up lying in bed in fetal position for a few days because everything hurts and they are fucking you up?
That's fucked lol, but also a matter of interpretation
>Tactile hallucination is the false perception of tactile sensory input that creates a hallucinatory sensation of physical contact with an imaginary object

Either way you seem to have a very active mind, I'm sure you have a lot of stories you could share. Any particular out-of-body experiences or meetings with an entities that really stuck with you?
>>
>>17009794
>Any particular out-of-body experiences or meetings with an entities that really stuck with you?
Oh yeah, more than I can count. One hillarious encounter was when I was asleep and got bullied by two random entities. Didnt seem like they were trying to fuck me up, seemed just like some rogues trying to bully me and have some fun. At this point I did my protective deal with a goetic demon. So these two dudes are like bumping into me and harassing me, they had like bikes they kept bumping with into me. So I'm like "Demon X, can you please help me?"

Suddenly, two guys enter the dream, get two cars and start running them over, then get out and restrain them. So I think time for payback and start mocking them and throwing punches at them, which made them really RAGING. The two protector dudes could barely maintain them at this point, so one huge police / boss entity came in. It was probably the boss of these two guys harassing me.

He asked whats going on, everyone told their story while I was still mokcing them besides the back of this police entity dude, until at some point he fucking GRABS me by the throat and is like "YOU HAD ENOUGH KID, GO THE FUCK HOME", and then I woke up. Ofcourse I apologized to everyone because I was behaving like a dick too.

Another time, a Demonic Emperor, like one of the most high rulers of hell, randomly visitted my dream and got absolutely drunk with me, for no real reason. We kept being loud and pissing off neighbors, until eventually he crashed over at my place.

Those were the more pleasent ones. Most of the time, I got harassed, fucked with, intimidated etc etc.

The things that stood out the most were visits from Odin, Zeus, Apollo, Poseidon, Freya, some demonic kings, Lucifer, Archangels Michael and Raphael, and thats pretty much it.

Also met a girl who turned out to be an incarnated demoness, and another girl who turned out to be the incarnated daughter of a greek God.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.