[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The connection between all religions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 29
File: Kas-isti-ir-Illuminati-7.jpg (22 KB, 252x347) Image search: [Google]
Kas-isti-ir-Illuminati-7.jpg
22 KB, 252x347
Lately I've been investigating about comparative mythology and watching some documentaries such as Zeitgeist and the cult of Saturn which (while inaccurate in many aspects) are very thought provoking. Since then I've been obsessed about the primitive origins of all religions; specifically modern ones.

I know that you guys are knowledgeable and you will provide some interesting insights; that's why I'd like to discuss this with you. The apparent astronomical origins of all religions, the connections between christianity and old pagan cults, the relationship between the figure of Lucifer (the light bearer) and Prometheus, the hidden meanings of symbols, numbers and rituals and the figure of Baphomet and it's appearance in many different cultures (Of course taking different shapes) and it's importance in the occult.

Whatever information, pictures, documentaries that you may provide will be very useful.
>>
>>17851153
>The apparent astronomical origins of all religions,

Simply false.

>the connections between christianity and old pagan cults,

There isn't much of a connection, really. Christianity began as a sect of Judaism.

>the relationship between the figure of Lucifer (the light bearer) and Prometheus,

Not much of a relation there, either.

>the hidden meanings of symbols, numbers and rituals and the figure of Baphomet and it's appearance in many different cultures

Could you name five cultures in which Baphomet appears?
>>
>>17851153
In case I wasn't clear enough, I'm talking about the apparent relationship between the figures of Jesus and Horus. Also Mary-Isis and their connection with other figures realted to the moon and fertility. The common traits shared by most religions; the similarities between them and the influence of early astronomy and it's elements (Such as constellations, equinoxes, solstices, ages and planets).

By the way, I do know that Horus wasn't born in december 25th and that he wasn't baptized or anything. But he was conceived spiritually, he descends to the underworld (Which is another element that many mythologies share). Many figures like Mithra, Perseus, Horus, Krishna, Buddha, Dionysus have miraculous births and many others have descended to the underworld (Opheus, Jesus, Hercules, Horus. Descending to the underworld is one of the common elements of the archetypical Journey of the hero)
>>
>>17851167
>The apparent astronomical origin.
If you haven't watched Zeitgeist you probably don't know what I mean. I wouldn't advise you to watch it since it is misleading. But it does point out to some interesting ideas which are that the constellations (Virgo, Crux, Orion's Belt, etc) and the solstices are the origin of Jesus' legend. Basically, He was born of a virgin (Virgo) he was worshipped by three kings (Orion's belt), he had twelve disciples (The twelve signs of the zodiac) he died on the cross (Souther Cross) and he died for three days (Winter Solstice). These traits are shared by many religions and although the greek had explanations for the origin of the constellations, an early civilzation could have created their myths based on what they saw in the sky.

>Lucifer is the light bearer, and sacrificed himself for humanity when he tempted Eve to eat the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Knowledge is commonly refered to as Light (think of Enlightenment). Prometheus brought the fire to the human race (Again, a source of light) and for that he was punished.

Also the myth of the fire bearer is present in lots of cultures, even South American ones, where they believed that the jaguar had kept fire a secret and it was stolen by humans (which is why jaguars are hostile to us.)

>Baphomet in different cultures.
Baphomet didn't appear the way we know it. If you watch the cult of Saturn, you'll know that he's related to dual deities, particularly moon deities which are represented as both male and female.

>Pagan symbols
The cross comes from the celtic cross (According to Zeitgeist it's origin is in the zodiac. the wheel represents the year and the cross is the solstices and equinoxes). The fish associated with Jesus comes from a pagan fertility symbol which represents a vulva. The star of David, as explained in the cult of Saturn, represents duality, the number 666 and is derived from the natural hexagon found in that planet
>>
>>17851182
>In case I wasn't clear enough, I'm talking about the apparent relationship between the figures of Jesus and Horus.

There isn't an obvious relation.

>Also Mary-Isis and their connection with other figures realted to the moon and fertility.

Isis wasn't really associated with the Moon.

>But he was conceived spiritually,

Conceived by his aunt/mother by having sex with his father's corpse?

That is nothing like the Christian myth.

>he descends to the underworld (Which is another element that many mythologies share).

I don't think he descended into the underworld. It was his father that died and became sorta the king of the dead.

>Many figures like Mithra, Perseus, Horus, Krishna, Buddha, Dionysus have miraculous births and many others have descended to the underworld (Opheus, Jesus, Hercules, Horus. Descending to the underworld is one of the common elements of the archetypical Journey of the hero)

Implying these are common mythological tropes, not that one deity is necessarily related to another.
>>
>>17851205
>Zeitgeist
it's a bb gun, but a gun indeed.

do you have youtube videos we could watch?
>>
>>17851206
>Isis wasn't associated with the moon.
You're right. But Mary is. And both shared similarities with goddesses such as Cybele, Artemis, Ishtar, etc.

>Conception of Horus.
Osiris' body was torn to pieces and when Isis restore it she couldn't find his genitals. That's why he was impregnated by his spirit.

>Horus descends to the underworld every night. Jesus did once.

>Those are common tropes, but it would be a lot of coincidence of different cultures came up with the same ideas. The most likely explanation is that those myths share a distant common origin or that of Jung about the collective unconscious.
>>
>>17851205
>I wouldn't advise you to watch it since it is misleading.

It's mostly bullshit.

> I wouldn't advise you to watch it since it is misleading. But it does point out to some interesting ideas which are that the constellations (Virgo, Crux, Orion's Belt, etc) and the solstices are the origin of Jesus' legend.

The legend of Jesus developed over time. Originally, it was most likely that he was a celestial being. The birth of the legend was the Gospel of Mark, which evidence strongly suggests was a retelling of Homer.

>Also the myth of the fire bearer is present in lots of cultures

Not at all surprising. Fertility gods were present in lots of cultures, too. It's not evidence of anything other than common themes.

>The cross comes from the celtic cross

Very unlikely.

>The star of David, as explained in the cult of Saturn, represents duality, the number 666 and is derived from the natural hexagon found in that planet

That's hilarious, especially since the number of the beast wasn't actually 666.

Traditionally, 666 is a number of the Sun. These things are people who either don't know their subject, or are banking that their audience has no idea.
>>
>>17851221

It depends. The Cult of Saturn is an interesting documentary that can be found in youtube. Also videos about the Illuminati discuss pagan rituals and Lucifer worship hidden in plain sight. I personally don't believe the world is run by lciferianists, but they arte very interesting.
>>
>>17851227
>You're right. But Mary is.

Therefore, the two are not particularly related. That's kinda my point.

>That's why he was impregnated by his spirit.

She made a dick for him, as I recall.

>Horus descends to the underworld every night.

He's a personification of the Sun. It's what we should expect from a solar deity. He doesn't die and that kills any parallel.

>>Those are common tropes, but it would be a lot of coincidence of different cultures came up with the same ideas.

No, it wouldn't. People are more broadly similar than you're giving them credit for being.
>>
>>17851228
I never stated that these were my personal opinions. I have already said that these documentaries are misleading and innacurate mostly. But it doesn't change that fact that pagan symbolism and influence is present in modern religions

By the way, I'd like a source on that statement about 666 being then number of the sun
>>
>>17851153
almost all religions make the same mistake every time and thats in placing some meaning on human life that is above any other life

example : in christianity humans play a role in the end of days in being what both sides fight over. god has to shorten the time of the tribulation period or no flesh would be saved.

why? hes god right why not just reset the board? even if he lost a match its not like they cant play again. whats the big deal? why does god give a shit?

it states at the beginning of the book god made man for his amusement not so he can waste time saving people. so why place such a great emphasis on human life at the end?
>>
>>17851235
>By the way, I'd like a source on that statement about 666 being then number of the sun

Pretty sure it's in Barrett's, The Magus.

Symbols are used and reused. The Zeitgeist silliness reads far too much into it.

Besides, a bit stronger case can be made that a lot of religious symbolism, both pagan and Christian, is actually sexual in nature. It's almost certain that sex worship predates any astrological developments by millennia.
>>
>>17851259
>a lot of religious symbolism, both pagan and Christian, is actually sexual in nature
That's even more interesting. I read once that the Holy Grail (which started as a celtic myth) represented a vagina
>>
>>17851266
>represented a vagina
not him, but the Holy Grail represents the womb. from which all life comes.
>>
>>17851266

https://archive.org/details/RiversOfLifevolume1
>>
>>17851266

https://archive.org/details/discourseonworsh00knig
>>
>>17851266

https://archive.org/details/cu31924093743635
>>
>>17851231
>Cult of Saturn
Tsarion one?
I sort of don't trust him much.

watching Maxwell one.
>>
File: WOlOdinHanging.jpg (161 KB, 537x796) Image search: [Google]
WOlOdinHanging.jpg
161 KB, 537x796
>>17851153
Odin-Christ

Both were speared, both suffered hanging from a wooden object
>>
Fallen Angels are the common denominator...
>>
Go to boards.4chan.org/his/ if you want an intelligent discussion
>>
>>17851613
thx lad
>>
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
>>
do not be mistaken.

Jesus Christ is the only way to God.

"24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it."
>>
>>17851633
>>17851638
>Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
>love the messenger,
>don't care for the message.
people are stupid.

It's the MESSAGE that matters, not the messenger.

>implying all religious scriptures haven't been doctored to cater for the greed of the elite few.
>>
>>17851319
>>17851231
>Cult of Saturn
So far so good.
Maxwell sounds like someone who's actually used his brain.
>>
File: 1361897121821.jpg (19 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
1361897121821.jpg
19 KB, 252x244
Don't get obsessed with numbers, words are what you need to watch for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAb652NcL_M
Here's a video I made with demonic help.
I hope y'all like it, it should clarify the truth.
>>
>>17851650
this is a false teaching
>>
>>17851698

>>17851650
>"It's the MESSAGE that matters, not the messenger."

That is to say, this is the false teaching.

----

Why would God, who gave us the teaching and is right here with us, not want to be involved in our lives?

Here is a correct teaching on such things:

"Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.

21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon."
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 265x190
1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
>>
>>17851650
although we are in danger of the wickedness and snares of the devil if we don't love eachother. and to love eachother fulfills God's desires for our life.

our love with one another is nothing, compared to our love for God. for we do not know who will be with who in the next life, but we who believe, we know that we will be with God.

the glory goes to God, for HIs love for us, and our love for Him.

no matter what the MESSAGE, He is the creator of all things.

i pray that my teaching is on this is correct, and reaches for your hearts... because i say it out of all I have learned of the living God
>>
>>17851706
>literally teaching people to love one another is false teaching.
>hey guys, look at this cool dude, man. he says he's the son of god. Why don't we literally worship this man and then we can reach God ourselves. sounds quicker than actually loving one another doesn't it?
again, it's the message of love, brotherhood, camaraderie that matters. Whether Jesus was literally the son of God or not does not.

>>17851730
>no matter what the MESSAGE

MESSAGE -
>our love with one another
>to love eachother fulfills God's desires for our life.

if you discriminate among the children of God, you've already lost His favor and His love.
Of course if someone treats you bad, then that's on their hands. You just excuse yourself when anything like that happens and carry on loving other people.

Now, i got some errands to run, see you in a few hours.
>>
OP, this is a thing I find interesting as well, but it seems you started off with unreliable sources. Though Zeitgeist does make certain good points, a lot of the details are at best misinformed.

What I would recommend is looking into each religion or belief system, in chronological order. The starting point would be Sumerian, where the oldest writings known are from.

The Epic of Gilgamesh, and the Sumerian Tablets. DO NOT go with the "translation" of a man named Sitchin, he's a man who "taught himself" cuneiform (badly). I'm telling you this because when you search about them, he'll likely come up. What you want to look for are the translations done by Oxford, and they have even put a lexicon and collection of other sumerian works online.

From there, you can see how many different religions ended up drawing their inspiration from a common source, and eventually each other, and how different figures will merge or split, or stay the same with a different name.

I wish you well in your research into the subject. It's certainly an interesting and enlightening to take a look at the history of our cultures and beliefs.

It's also a shame that this thread seems to have been derailed by yet another religious nut trying to proselytize, and he likely doesn't even know the history of his own book or how it is one of the many that came from (and in some cases, straight plagiarized) the sumerian stories I just mentioned.
>>
>>17851167
Christianity as it spread, adopted some aspects of old pagan religions in order to help ease pagans into their new religion.
>>
>>17851982
Source on the oxford sumerian works?
Interested but can't find anything substantial
>>
>>17852184
Here's book of Enki. Epic of Gilgamesh should be easier to find googling, it's one of the more well known ones.

http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/etcsl.cgi?text=t.1.1.2#
>>
>>17851982
>From there, you can see how many different religions ended up drawing their inspiration from a common source, and eventually each other, and how different figures will merge or split, or stay the same with a different name.

Yep. There are very interesting relationships, but it's a lot more complicated than these pop pseudo-histories.

>>17852000

Some. Religion and culture are hard to separate and cultures have a life of their own. It's halal to eat wild boar in parts of Morocco, for example, because that's what the locals like to eat on occasion and sharia law is localized. Those giant rats in South America were classified as fish by Mother Church, 'cause that was what the locals were going to be eating on Friday, anyway.

Some saints seem to have pagan origins, but when Christianity first appears in the writings of Paul, that Jesus Christ was a development of a Jewish messianic tradition. The first dying and resurrecting god in history was Inanna, the Sumerian goddess of fertility. She was the first god to be crucified, too.

The truth is actually a lot more interesting than Zeitgeist and the like.
>>
Christianity has connections to other religions from cultural contact and some mythemes. You're looking for the mythemes. Christianity is a Judaic cult worshipping a new prophet, just like Islam. What is of importance is God, who we know is the creator god.

Judaism was the religion of the Israelites, those who struggled against El (the Gods) suggesting they rose to prominence as a cult of Yahweh in deference to the other gods. Yahweh was one of the elohim, but raised to prominence. It is similar to the Proto-indo-european Allfather (Dyeus pihter) who was the god of the sky. You see this in Ouranos being at first the principle god, then Zeus, both being gods of sky and lightning, but the cult of Zeus winning over the cult of Ouranos. You see a similar progression of cults and principle gods in Norse mythology: foremost is Thor, who epitomized the good norse man, next is Odin, who is a seer-prophet and folk hero of the Germanic people. Before him is unknown as Odin adopted the role of creator god creating the world from Ymir's body. Valuable info is passed down in the giants proceeding the Aesir, reference to proto-humans (big men from before). The only connection norse mythology has to its original Allfather is Yggdrasil, the tree which connects the world to the sky.

So, Christianity is connected to Proto-indo-european religion and the resulting religions in that all worship the same god, the creator via Sky god (Yahweh, Thor, Odin, Zeus, Ouranos).

Outside of this are religions which don't worship the sky god, egyptian, Hinduism, Shinto, native American all come to mind. Ptah is the creator god of egyptian religion but lost over the millennia to newer cults of principle gods. But Ptah was a man. Contrast this with female and hermaphrodite gods who rose from the chasm, or simply always were (Gaia, Ymir, the world of Shinto Creation, the Sky Woman, Brahma, Omecihuatl etc). All the creators are men (Ptah, Odin, Ouranos, the Maker of Lokono myth, Nahui Oceltol)
>>
>>17852373
>So, Christianity is connected to Proto-indo-european religion

Very unlikely.
>>
>>17852373
This connects to the idea of men rising from the female, modern man arising from giants/proto-humans, who were their mothers. Sacred masculinity deriving from sacred femininity.

That's just what I've synthesized so far. All religion rightly boils down to worshipping the creator instead of the sky god and other cults.
>>
>>17852379
I would argue it's connected via Judaism and the worship of the sky god cum creator god. Christianity is a cult that worships the new prophet, similar to Thor, Odin, Horus, etc. There is a common mytheme. Or it was chance that the Israelites worshipped a sky god like the Proto-indo-european.
>>
>>17852387

There's no causal link or reason to expect one. The claim is therefore unlikely and without evidence suggesting otherwise.
>>
>>17851650
>It's the MESSAGE that matters, not the messenger.

With a pure spiritual teacher, there is no difference between message and messenger.

>>17852373
>Contrast this with female and hermaphrodite gods who rose from the chasm, or simply always were (Gaia, Ymir, the world of Shinto Creation, the Sky Woman, Brahma, Omecihuatl etc).

Why did you include Brahma - a male deity, who was born of Vishnu, and is literally The Creator in the Trimurti - in a list of female/herm deities that do not create and were not created? Did you mean Brahman? In which case Brahman is impersonal, not a deity or god, and without labels such as male/female/hermaphrodite.
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 378x133) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 378x133
>>17851153
OP here. Astrotheology is very interesting too, regarding these hypotheses. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5-fJ7d-rM
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 188x230) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 188x230
>>17851931
teaching one another to love eachother is not a false teaching. this is the teaching of the living God.

this is what the entirety of humanity's progress is based upon. loving one another

this is the path by which we, the people of God walk, and this is the proper path for all of mankind no matter who you are. "to love one another"

on the subject of Jesus's divinity, there are those who are the people of God and there are those who are not the people of God

unfortunately, it is not us who chooses who is and who is not, rather it is God who chooses

the message of Christ was not only to come to Earth to tell us to love one another. His message was to tell us that He was the living God, and the messiah, the Son of God, the Son of man prophesied of in the ancient scriptures.

in another part of the Holy Gospel, it is written: >"28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

>29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

anon God is moving me in a very bold way for me to illustrate these things to you and whoever else is reading here on 4chan

through God all things are possible, peace be with you. there is nothing under the heavens that man can dream of which is impossible, for through God all things are possible. Jesus Christ is the living God.
>>
>>17851982
i disagree that only "professional scholarship" is reliable and that "non-professional scholarship" is unreliable
>>
>>17851982
"It's also a shame that this thread seems to have been derailed by yet another religious nut trying to proselytize, and he likely doesn't even know the history of his own book or how it is one of the many that came from (and in some cases, straight plagiarized) the sumerian stories I just mentioned."

anon it is not a matter of doctrines and scholarship or shilling, it is that in dealing with matters of the living God, those who know God know how serious of an endeavor it is and those who know God know the dangers of speaking lightly about such things and reducing it to a mere matter of human reasoning

no, the Bible was not plagiarized from Sumerian texts... this too, is a deception.

please continue posting on this subject if you truly feel that you have evidence otherwise

"For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."
>>
>>17852402
Yeah, you're probably right. I take it back. Interesting coincidence though.
>>17852760
I meant Brahman, and the impersonal world deity has precedent in Shinto as well, so I stand by it.
>>
>>17851982
this whole comment is some sort of satanic post being posted by a human being unknowingly under the supervision of demons to lead simple-minded people here on /x/ in the wrong spiritual direction

(i.e... you people won't know enlightenment until you know Jesus Christ)
>>
>>17852862
Stand by what? That Brahman is a female deity? This is patently untrue. The only problem is your forcing of all these different concepts into boxes that don't contain them.

>impersonal world deity
The very definition of the word deity rejects the impersonal quality. This phrase makes no sense. You might as well say "a square without sides."

Gaia and Ymir are deities. Brahman and the time before In and Yo separated are not.
>>
>>17852381
more nonsense, the male and female shite is just sex hormones at work amongst anons, jesuits, NATO, and historians
>>
>>17852387
none of the 'gods' you speak of fulfill the messianic prophecies of the ancient scriptures passed down by the Hebrews and the Semitic cultures
>>
File: livingwater2.jpg (37 KB, 644x576) Image search: [Google]
livingwater2.jpg
37 KB, 644x576
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/john-kjv.html
>>
>>17852918
Well obviously, given they don't come from semitic religion. They're just examples of cults of different gods pushing their god to the forefront.
>>
Good shit to read if you're into this:
The Golden Bough
The Hero With A Thousand Faces
The Secret Teachings of All Ages
The Lost Keys of Freemasonry
Jung's works, perhaps Freud's as well

God-tier:
Gurdjieff's works (he claims to have studied in-depth over 60 major world religions and concluded that the point of all of them is the same and that it's to create a soul in the soulless human body)
>>
>>17852303
I haven't seen the Z thing yall have been talkin about. I was just making a point that much of what people claim Christianity always was ( eg the devil being a goat which likely originates from Pan god of lust and enjoyment. )
Wasn't always. Also a good example of the saints would be brigand old Celtic goddess of sun(?) i forget exactly what she was but yeah.
Also has anyone found any more baphomet than Renaissance Europe?
>>
Religion is based on stories concocted to scare children into staying inside the cave, or else the lions may kill and eat them.

If there's a single person in the entire world who can prove the existence of God, i'll an hero on video.
>>
all bullshit op. There is a male and a female they crate life through stars. As you have a mother for your physical body you also have a mother for your spirit. Every time you die you go back to her womb and reincarnated depending on your souls mission realtalk
>>
Zeitgeist has proven to be as shitty as the subject it claims to debunk. Everyone that says he knows the truth is lying.
>>
>>17852850
>i disagree that only "professional scholarship" is reliable and that "non-professional scholarship" is unreliable

Amateur scholarship can be quite reliable, but only if it's informed by a sound methodology. Too much amateur work is not.

>>17852862
>Interesting coincidence though.

It is interesting. I think any Indo-European influence would have to be through Persia and the Iranians, indirectly through Judaism. There is Persian influence, for instance, in the Revelation of St John.

>>17854236
>eg the devil being a goat which likely originates from Pan god of lust and enjoyment.

No. The devil being a goat comes from a Hebrew practice of releasing a goat into the wilderness carrying the sins of the people with it.

>>17854263
>Religion is based on stories concocted to scare children into staying inside the cave

Not really. Your explanation is as primitive as the situation you describe.
>>
>>17851153

You might like to know that the hebrew word for heaven is shambaya which is essentially the word for everytbing seen in the sky, to include planets and stars.

Christianity began from celestial desires just like old pagam religions, and was very similar until the catholic church became s governing system and tried to hide the past.
>>
>>17851182
i think that the similiraties that reside in religions are due to the human subconsciuos.
>>
>>17855251
>shambaya
what no its not, it's gan eden.
>>
>>17855283
You might want to read about Jungian psychology and archetypes
>>
>>17851153
I distinctly remember rewatching Zeitgeist and thinking, "I don't care if this is all completely made up bullshit. It's the single most motivating thing I've ever seen."

Basically, their argument means more than the effort it took for them to attempt to document it.
>>
>>17852859
>Christcuck can't greentext
No suprise.
The world was a lot more enlightened before your silly slave cult came along. That's why we call the era when it began to fade, and we started to rediscover classical knowledge, the Renaissance.
>>
>>17856611
Why?
>>
>>17851153
Everything is a hodgepodge of different shit appropriated through trade and conquest.

There's nothing spooky. There's no conspiracy. It's literally anthropology 101.
>>
>>17857007
I was thinking about when I posted it. I can't recall anything specific about it that was especially motivating or anything. I guess it's the fact that they tried. That they put their reputations on the line to produce a film that was meant to wake people up. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Maybe it would have if it'd had more accurate citations. I guess if nothing else they helped bring the banking scam to market.
>>
>>17856925
The Renaissance was 100% able to exist because the Christian churches and monks maintained the writings from previous periods. No silly slave cult means no Renaissance means no scientific method (also born from Christian naturalists) means no modern era.

Your entire way of life stems from Christianity, try to show some gratitude.
>>
>>17857234
There's no reason to believe their Christianity was a motivating factor in them maintaining an archive. The only valid evidence of that would have to come from their own journals about it.
>>
>>17855222
>I think any Indo-European influence would have to be through Persia and the Iranians, indirectly through Judaism.
Rethink that, Farsi and Proto-Iranian is a daughter language of Proto-indo-european. Maybe the connection is the other way through the Hittites and Anatolians.
>>
>>17851650
I don't believe that anyone living in a first world country can get into heaven according to scripture. "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

We're the 1% of the world with the most money; that's rich. And I haven't seen many camels go through the eyes of needles recently.
>>
>>17852859
>no, the Bible was not plagiarized from Sumerian texts... this too, is a deception.
Epic of Gilgamesh is the oldest written work known to man, written around 2500 BC. The other Sumerian works were written around this same time as well.
Moses wrote the Book of Genesis around 1500 BC.

The flood stories mentioned in each are too similar to be coincidence, but too different to just be a recounting. After all, in the original story, Utnapishtim took his family as well as many tradesmen and crafters from his village, 2 or 3 dozen iirc, where-as Noah only took his family. In the original, there are several gods, not just one.

Moses took a 1000 year old story, twisted it to fit the narrative he wanted to push, and tried to pass it off as his own work "as told to him by god".

The plagiarism is self evident, seeing as how the Sumerian works came first. If you are going to claim this is a "deception", then please, explain how it is a deception and who did it.
>>
>>17852900
Shut the fuck up, faggot. Don't you get tired of being so fucking retarded?

>someone posts something that's actually education
>christfag dismisses it claiming "HURR DEEMUNZ, YALL NEED JIZZUS"!

why am i not surprised?
>>
>>17857312
There is every reason to accept that Christianity provided the infrastructure that made it possible, and likely much of the interest in ancient writings.
>>
The connection: all of them worship fake things
>>
>>17857989
>Christianity: taking credit for others' works since it's inception!
>>
>>17857999
>999
nein nein nein, this can't be!!
>>
>>17851167
Trying to sound smart when you're wrong on almost everything
>>
File: tumblr skellington.png (19 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
tumblr skellington.png
19 KB, 500x439
>>17851153
>Zeitgeist
Dude. Pretty sure there are sites full of analysis debunking their horseshit. There's are far better things for comparative mythology out there.
>>
File: tumblr skelly.png (13 KB, 423x519) Image search: [Google]
tumblr skelly.png
13 KB, 423x519
>>17858063
>There's are
Welp, I'm an idiot.
>>
>>17858065
>Welp, I'm an idiot.
You're not fooling me. I know you're actually a spooky skellytun!
>>
The Abrahamic/Semitic world view with which all these threads are seen through make this board so terribly terribly tedious.

Is everyone on here 15?
>>
>>17851931
>again, it's the message of love, brotherhood, camaraderie that matters. Whether Jesus was literally the son of God or not does not.

You don't know shit about the religion. You just know the meme parts you hear from people who don't know shit themselves.
>>
>>17857234
>Your entire way of life stems from Christianity
It was happening in ancient Athens before Christianity existed, and there was stagnation until those ancient Athenian texts were rediscovered - it's true monks had a lot to do with it but they were the only ones who were able to read at that time.
>>
>>17857234
The we wuz kangs and kweenz crowd would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>17858672
The Renaissance literally would not have happened if it weren't for the monks who fled constantinople and took all their manuscripts with them after it was sacked

the "dark ages" was a complete myth and no credible historian believes in it
>>
>>17859078
Wow. "kek." What a solid argument. Go fuck yourself retard and go back to >>>/b/
>>
>>17851153
>Anon discovers that all satanic religions are similar.

>Anon thinks he's stumbled onto something significant.
>>
>>17859121
>Christianity
>Satanic religion
>>
>>17859110
>What a solid argument.

Sometimes, pointing and laughing really are the best response.
>>
>>17859121
And what are you, some faggy neodruidic revivalist?
>>
>>17851153
The first religion was astrolatry.
>>
>>17859216
>The first religion was sunworship.
ftfy
>>
>>17859645
>The first religion was sex worship.
ftfy
>>
>>17859216
>>17859645
>>17859650
Source or justification

In my opinion the first form of religion is superstition; the idea that certain actions can cause supernatural effects or that objects or elements have their own essences
>>
File: tippingintensifies.gif (141 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
tippingintensifies.gif
141 KB, 287x344
>>17860069
>In my opinion the first form of religion is superstition
>>
>>17851153
It;s just your mental delusion that sees a connection - because you desire so much to see one.
>>
“When the [Most High] divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.

32:9 For [the LORD's] portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.”

Here you go. Some info.
>>
>>17860116
When you read and investigate you tend to see the same patterns, the same legends, the same motifs in different culture you see that there's a connection. In fact, there are entire branches of science dedicated to these relationships.
>>
>>17851153
I enjoy the Flavian hypothesis that the Romans created Christianity as a less threatening form or Judaism stitched together out of older tales and backdated 40 years so all their predictions came true.
>>
>>17860078
Note that the word opinion was used.
>>
>>17861089

"History is written by the victor" - Hitler
>>
I'm uninitiated and haven't had any mystical experiences myself, but from what I've gathered there is a single underlying Truth behind all of the major religions. The different religions are just different interpretations of this Truth, filtered through the prophets'/founders' motivation and culture.

The Truth reveals itself to people through mystical experiences, and seems to hit them as a deep intuitive truth they can't deny (much like "I think therefore I am"). It's not something you can tell others directly about, it has to be experienced.

One thing I'm not sure of is whether or not this Truth has different layers/levels and whether it reveals itself differently to different people. Not everyone goes and develops a pantheon or writes a religious text, after all. This Truth seems to be best revealed through metaphor and parable though, so perhaps prophets are just uniquely gifted storytellers who have experienced the Truth.

Something else I've vaguely picked up on is the importance of relationships, ratios, and patterns in the universe. The Greek gods for example, can be looked at as aspects of archetypal forces. Aggression in general IS Mars/Ares. The act of pushing, penetrating, overtaking, from a molecular level, to a human social level, to a galactic level, is all Mars. I believe the Truth is somehow related to these archetypal patterns that repeat on all levels of existence. This is the same system of relationships covered in tarot, astrology and the Kabbalah tree of life.

I think also that Christianity taps into this ultimate Truth (is this Truth God?), or at least offers a framework for experiencing it, whereas pagan beliefs are somewhat deficient in this arena, which is why Christianity is viewed as "higher" and less primitive.

I don't know how occult beliefs and Satanism tie into this. From what I've gathered though, Satanism rejects the call of the Truth and instead seeks power, self interest, and pleasure here on earth (in the material realm).
>>
>>17860467
>When you read and investigate you tend to see the same patterns, the same legends, the same motifs in different culture you see that there's a connection.

In other words, when looking for a pattern you will tend to see a pattern.

>>17861089

It's silly shit and historically unsupportable.
>>
File: yeah_I-said-it.jpg (50 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
yeah_I-said-it.jpg
50 KB, 960x720
>>17851221
>>17851153
I dunno how much you can find on Youtube, but I'd strongly suggests Joseph Campbell and The Masks of God series. He actually goes a bit beyond the commonality of religions pointing towards a proto-religion, but does the same for culture.
>>
What all of them have in common is that you exist to get rid of your ego and fear to become love.
Your soul is spawning those life experiences which is you so it can do that quicker because in this universe theres more traction because to every action theres a reaction and you can also start a "new life" without all the memoroes and stuff from past lifes. That way your mind is free so it can learn its lessons faster. Earth is a simulation trainer for speedibg up your souls evolution.

Ans thats how it is. Many people know it by now. Meditation can lead you to prove those points for yourself. I sadly couldnt really meditate deeply yet. Meditatiokän will temporarily set you free so you can roam the larger reality which is basically pure energy of information.

Dwell on this. Its worth it.
>>
>>17851678
fuck off you disgusting tranny weirdo.
>>
>>17862543
>What all of them have in common is that you exist to get rid of your ego

Best of luck getting around without one.
>>
>>17851167
*tips fedora*
>>
>>17861985

Christianity is powerful because it split the gods into good and bad, angels and demons.

Satanism does not reject the truth.

It is a much deeper truth.

The deepest "truth" is Mormon, heaven is our own planet and we can have many wives.
>>
>>17862559

They mean the ego of "pride" not the ego of identity.

That said; this is pseudo-enlightenment. True enlightenment is a furious devotion to Zen and non-violence, you can think you're better than others all you want so long as you are courteous to them like you expect for yourself.

Ego in every form is a tool for understanding and experiencing emotion and does not cause major problems.

This is why Christian doctrine does not warn of ego, it warns of murder, violence and theft from civilians.
>>
>>17862693
>They mean the ego of "pride" not the ego of identity.

I don't think you get to redefine words to suit your beliefs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh84h7Caf_E&ab_channel=VerseByVerseBT

Watch this and get redpilled on the Zeitgeist movement. You've been duped.
>>
>>17862915
Ya should fact check the labels on those little red pills more often, as the only thing more off than Zeitgeist, is that meme counter to it.

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeist.html

Granted, it was stupid move for Zeitgeist and its socialist message to start with what was intended to be an "attack" on the most left wing Jew of all time.

All religions have tons of influence on one another though, as there's nothing new under the sun - just synthesis and more synthesis. Neither the Jews nor the Christians evolved in a bubble - and the former spent so much time in diaspora that it's a wonder they didn't lose their identity, which was already an amalgamation of ancient beliefs, entirely. If anything, it makes the heritage of the religion all the richer, rather than having it built on a momentary fancy of ephemerial air.
>>
The idea that there's a connection between all religions is not new. It's called Perinnialism. It essentially claims that there is a common symbolic thread that all religions only have pieces of. The particular symbols used being a product of the particular people's that produced the religion.

If anything I think if it were shown to be correct it would bolster rather than undermine support for religion.

I think it may be right and I believe that the true unbroken structure is more grand than we realize.

Read some Evola or Guenon.
>>
>>17862792

1. a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.

2. the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity.

le google... you can't lose the second definition of ego logically
>>
>>17851167
Fucking idiot detected.
>>
>>17863142

I was thinking in terms of #2.
>>
>>17851205
If he (Jesus) has been born from a virgin how u can explain Horus ? Same story
>>
>The connection between all religions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perennial_philosophy
>>
File: 1373295563193.png (2 MB, 1217x960) Image search: [Google]
1373295563193.png
2 MB, 1217x960
>>17863193
It refers to sensemilla weed.
>>
>>17857234
If it wasn't for Christianity it wouldn't have needed to be re-found in the first place.
>>
>>17859014
>Christfag doesn't understand what a dark age is.
>>
File: mark of the beast.jpg (4 MB, 1576x2672) Image search: [Google]
mark of the beast.jpg
4 MB, 1576x2672
>>17851153
Worth the read.
>>
File: shinisntspooky.jpg (92 KB, 904x313) Image search: [Google]
shinisntspooky.jpg
92 KB, 904x313
>>17864939
that pic has some serious bullshit in the first reply

made pic related
>the numerical value of shin is 600
no, it isn't.

>shin is composed of three vaus
no, it isn't. It's derived from the phoenician character
>>
File: isis3.jpg (183 KB, 805x1156) Image search: [Google]
isis3.jpg
183 KB, 805x1156
>>17864939

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrdF3bXupF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KSOMA3QBU0
>>
File: 1465457489655.jpg (3 KB, 120x117) Image search: [Google]
1465457489655.jpg
3 KB, 120x117
>>17864939
See
>>17865141

Also

>Kabbalah
>Satanic Witchcraft

Is dis nigga serious
>>
>>17865141
Any conspiracy theory floating around 666 is bunk straight off the bat.

Ain't even the right number, yo. That's the dick down the street with the dog who keeps piddling on Satan's lawn.
>>
File: masonic sirius-look04.jpg (22 KB, 226x320) Image search: [Google]
masonic sirius-look04.jpg
22 KB, 226x320
>>17865176

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFwaf2GaHE
>>
File: Rosebyanyothername.jpg (53 KB, 288x432) Image search: [Google]
Rosebyanyothername.jpg
53 KB, 288x432
>>17865237

How many degrees are in a equilateral triangle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqPx5mUj0g
>>
You're all kinda conveniently forgetting that the phallus is a thing.
>>
>>17865395
Not 616, that's the problem.

666 is a well known Biblical mistranslation. The oldest papyri nearly all read 616.
>>
File: God.jpg (374 KB, 788x625) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
374 KB, 788x625
>>17865441

So some of them read 666 then?
>>
File: clip_image0025_thumb.jpg (7 KB, 174x104) Image search: [Google]
clip_image0025_thumb.jpg
7 KB, 174x104
>>17865471
Just a constantly repeated mistranslation to Greek. 616 has greater numerical significance in the Hebrew context, and relates to the Mark of Cain. The sequence of symbols used to write it represent a mark, attached like a peg or hook, as a means to direct or control, applied by a piercing of the skin. 666 has greater numerical significance mathematically, appearing in all sorts of places in nature through inevitability, but not in Hebrew/proto-Christian religiosity, thus the err is repeated in translation, but rarely corrected, save among biblical scholars and stickler gnostics and the orthodox.

It's "neater" - kinda like how Jesus is born on the 25th of December - fraught with astrological significance, despite the Bible clearly pointing out the nature of the harvest was entirely wrong. (Although, worse, in this case, as it's also denying the actual significance of the number's consistency with the Talmud and OT.)
>>
File: This-is-the-King-of-the-Jews.png (265 KB, 627x463) Image search: [Google]
This-is-the-King-of-the-Jews.png
265 KB, 627x463
>>17865512

All of which is irrelevant in the larger context of whether Jesus Christ was actually GOD incarnate and the Messiah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFwaf2GaHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmycgoBECgk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZEtVbJT5c
>>
>>17865559
That's... Nice....

Still the wrong damned number though.

The devil's in the details, sort-to-speak.
>>
File: Sajuuk.jpg (45 KB, 987x373) Image search: [Google]
Sajuuk.jpg
45 KB, 987x373
>>17865559
>All of which is irrelevant in the larger context of whether Jesus Christ was actually GOD incarnate and the Messiah.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFwaf2GaHE [Embed]
You just posted the sound track from a game where the only god is a freaking space ship.
>>
File: winged_sun_disk.jpg (59 KB, 900x271) Image search: [Google]
winged_sun_disk.jpg
59 KB, 900x271
>>17865607

It's the symbol of GOD in Mortal form. El Sol. The Sun made flesh, GOD incarnate. The infinite one in union with the finite.

That's what the game is about, the savior of humanity. The whole game is about a space Messiah.

Right over your heads......
>>
File: isis_winged.jpg (75 KB, 639x368) Image search: [Google]
isis_winged.jpg
75 KB, 639x368
>>17865627

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA2CfAjbf08
>>
File: Triforce-Bird.jpg (90 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Triforce-Bird.jpg
90 KB, 800x600
The ONE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50oi08lLGhU

Illuminati Conformed..... or do I mean confirmed?

lol
>>
>>17865627
>>17865679
>>17865714
Meh, more power to ya.

I'm spending too much time with the fundamentalist alt-rights on /his/ who do not approve of mixing and matching your religious symbols (outside of The Man of Steel, for some reason.)

On the other hand, I just finished watching a bump-limit thread on /tg/, comparing and contrasting Hindu religion with the Elder Scrolls series, ride off into the sunset, so maybe I shouldn't let my inner crusader be so snarky.

Closest thing you get to that on /a/ is Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and its transcendence of piano:
http://animeshow.tv/Shigatsu-wa-Kimi-no-Uso-episode-10/
>>
File: NameofGOD.jpg (287 KB, 591x960) Image search: [Google]
NameofGOD.jpg
287 KB, 591x960
>>17865821

It's not that much of a jump.

There is no J in the classical latin alphabet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhkXmaEYMl4

IsIs is Mary who is Jesus.

IsIs is literally Iesus who is her son and "husband" Horus. GOD as the infinite and finite simultaneously. The sacred bright and morning star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqPx5mUj0g
>>
>>17865897
Jesus comes from Yeshua via Greek though.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.