[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypnosis general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: hypnosis.jpg (8 KB, 159x119) Image search: [Google]
hypnosis.jpg
8 KB, 159x119
Hello, long time lurker here. I've always been interested in hypnosis,but never had the opportunity to have it done to me. However, I found a few hypnosis video's on the internet, and using them I both played a very good game of soccer, and orgasmed without using my hands. So, do any of you know much about hypnosis, where I can learn it, how legit it is, etc?
>>
>>17855303
Can you link these videos?
>>
>>17855303
>Hypnosis general
>general

Once again, it doesn't need to be a general if we don't get a high volume of these threads.

Second, hypnosis is mostly a parlor trick. It can be used in therapy, but the results are dubious at best. If you're trying to hypnotize someone into doing your bidding, doesn't work, sorry, no mind-controlled waifu for you.
>>
>>17855309
I'm really not that interested in using it to control other people.I just have pretty bad concentration issues, so I'm looking for alternative ways, that arn't meds, to deal with it. Sorry about the general, as stated, I'm a long time lurker but I rarely post. However, hypnosis is used during surgery instead of anesthetic sometimes, and is used by quite a few sportspeople. Hypnosis also has scientific studies showing that it is at least a little effective (placebo).

What I really want out of this is to improve the mental health of some of my friends and family. I'm working to become a doctor, but I'm quite interested in alternative medicine such as hypnotherapy and acupuncture to see if they are effective.
http://www.professionalhypnotherapists.com.au/articles/what-are-statistics-effectiveness-hypnosis
Probs a pretty dubious citation, but pretty high rates of smoking stopping.

>>17855305
Sure mang, but they're really easy to find in youtube. Literally type hypnosis. Do the induction first, and see if it works. It took me a fair while of watching it every day for it build up to a point where i could cum tho (also, didn't masturbate for about 4 days).

Induction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZpmgtFZl4

sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIo__OdGgpA
orgasm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=529az7QwvYg
>>
>>17855303
I know the basics of it, I guess you could call me an amateur hypnotist, I've hypnotized a decent amount of people for various reasons, nothing too intense(most of them just want to see how it feels).

The best way to learn it is to just take in knowledge from different sources, google around, do a bit of research and watch videos of hypnosis sessions. When it comes to putting it into practice, start with the long drawn out relaxation inductions, rather than speedier or instant inductions. For the first few you might want to copy someone else (just make sure you're copying a legit session), once you start to get a handle on what works and what doesn't you can start to alter your induction to your preference (and the subjects preference on occasion).

Getting some experience under your belt is the best way to improve, failure is also helpful as long as you get feedback.

Unfortunately I can't link you any books or anything specific as I basically just scoured the internet to learn. You should be able to get the hang of it in no time, just make sure to get a practice partner or two.

How was that hands free orgasm? always been curious but I can never seem to go under from videos/recordings.
>>
One thing I often hear said by hypnotists is
"under a trance, you will not do anything you would not be comfortable doing while conscious."

While this is not a direct lie, it is not the entire truth, and it is often the first piece of suggestion that a hypnotist will impose on your mind.

The real truth of the matter is that the subject of hypnosis can be hypnotized to do whatever they believe they can be hypnotized to do.

If the subject believes that they cannot be made to do anything that they don't want to while conscious, they will not be able to be made to do so.

However, if they believe that they can be made to do anything, they can be made to do anything. This is why certified hypnotists will always tell you the above quote, because if you believe it, it's true.
>>
>>17856441
Right. Hypnosis is all about rapport simply because anything else would be emotional abuse.

I've often been unsettled by what I could do with a virgin subject if I omitted certain parts of the pre-talk. And over the internet, no less.
>>
>>17856465
Oh shit really?

Dog I was just talking out my ass cause I thought it was a neat idea.
>>
>>17856468
I've always been a bit offput by my ability to do hypnosis anonymously over the internet. Maybe I just feel more irked than most. Still seems like total creepy territory to me, DESU.
>>
>>17856491
The simple fact that my totally random guess with no prior experience with hypnosis about how it works was even remotely accurate surprises the fuck out of me
>>
>>17856491
TO BE HONEST. Goddamn.
>>
>>17856515
It shouldn't. You already know basically everything there is to know about how the mind works. All education can do, all all the pre-talks and rapport-building does, is convince you that it works some other way.

And before you ask, "But how do I know how the mind works?" Think carefully about what you are.
>>
>>17856441
Even believing it doesn't quite make it true. In the rather crass example of extracting sexual favors, one can speak to unconscious factors (I want to say desires, but they aren't really that) that make you consciously want it. Saying you are immune to such things without actually fortifying the gates only makes you susceptible in more subtle ways. Think of paranoid delusions.
>>
>>17856860
I'm not saying anything about the experiences that generated the knowledge required to make that post.
>>
>>17856868
In this case, I quit smoking, assumed myself fine after a couple weeks, and then proceeded to take everything as a personal attack against my character because it couldn't have been the last vestiges of withdraw clouding my judgment. The rest is mere extrapolation.

It's like telling someone that the ramblings of a paranoid madman are incoming and to disregard it, followed up by any number of things that feed the doubts tucked away where we don't look. This I learned from moste Cunninge womyne of the cræfte as the Arte magickal of godsip. Don't fuck with witchy bitches.
>>
>>17856938
Something about your post just doesn't follow.
>>
I've never been able to be hypnotized. Is my willpower for free will too strong or something, or is it because I have a strong belief that it's complete bullshit so it won't work on me?
>>
>>17856965
More the latter, but unless you're the most boring person in the world, you've become completely absorbed by music or movies or the everpresent flicker of the golden arches in your periphera at some point or another.
>>
>>17856974
What do you mean by completely absorbed?
>>
>>17856980
You can ignore that anon. They're not speaking to make sense, they're speaking for an entirely different purpose. Same non sequitur bullshit as >>17856938
>>
>>17856980
Forgetting for a minute that you are sitting somewhere, presumably on the couch in your underwear, watching people play pretend for a camera. Having time go by without noticing. Really connecting with that one song that time. Entranced.

Or just zoning the fuck out.
>>
>>17856999
What is it like being so dull witted? I gave very simple and clear examples related directly to what I was talking about and then made a joke about hateful bitches and their backhanded gossip.
>>
File: 1467045517972.jpg (61 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1467045517972.jpg
61 KB, 960x960
>>17856980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_Xq7gSCBM

Like how many of your thoughts each day are direct repetitions of what other people have said to you?
>>
>>17857020
There, more like that. Make sure your post would make sense to other people before you post it.
>>
>>17857043
I forgot /x/ has an average IQ in the low 90s, sorry. I can't imagine what reading other boards is like for you.
>>
>>17857058
I don't bother with other boards. They don't give quite the same mix of gestalt signals as /x/ does.
>>
>>17857070
I hate /lit/ but intellectual shitposting is pure gold. It's a shame what /his/ did with stirner memes.
>>
>>17857080
Let me rephrase:

/x/ is the only board I've ever lurked. None of the others even give me a hint that they can show me the same depth of the world as /x/ at large is already aware of.

But I do like discussing other boards. I just can't say too much about them because I don't have that direct experience.
>>
anyone know good breathing techniques? the Intro will usually start with the whole "deep breath" thing which relaxes me, but after that I get caught in the whole 'you are now manually breathing' mode, and it really screws up my concentration on the hypnosis
>>
>>17857285
Ledochowski's induction counters that with a different focus. You take a breath and then focus on your arm relaxing and have that spread through your body. Then let your consciousness turn inward and drift into that relaxation.

Basically just turn your focus elsewhere. I record my own so I usually think about space.
>>
>>17857285
The point of hypnosis isn't to concentrate, it's to let your mind be guided by some other source of concentration. The point isn't to spend the entire induction breathing, it's to breath for a second to calm down long enough to let it come naturally. Just let go.

Let, not try.
>>
>>17857001

Hi, I like your post. Love, /d/.
>>
>>17857421
thanks, I know exactly what you're talking about.
>>17857433
thanks, makes sense to me, just relax and let go.
>>
Is anyone in the thread interested in hypnotizing a volunteer or two? always been curious.
>>
>>17856241
Thanks for replying man. Orgasm was solid 7/10, but i think that's because I'm still not very good at entering a trance. By a legit session, do you mean make a booking at a professional hypnotist or something? I've already googled a fair bit, but haven't used it on anyone (i don't want to fuck anyone up).

>>17856441
I thought voodoo was an interesting example of hypnotism. Everyone believed in it, so people would die if they thought they were cursed, but the Spaniards and such didn't die because they thought it was bullshit. However, I think most people don't completely discount most possibilities, so it hypnosis would be possible.
>>
>>17859251
Not bad, I'm sure it would feel much better in proportion to how deep you go into trance for the session, but that just comes from being hypnotized a lot.

Nah I just mean a session that is involving actual hypnosis, not fake stuff, and stage hypnosis is hypnosis but it's not the kind you're looking for when starting out. Just real sessions between people, and you should know that videos/recordings are less effective than a live session with someone (IRL or through skype, as long as you're directly communicating).

As long as you aren't trying to help people with emotional stuff there's no danger to you just putting them under and bringing them out to practice your induction.
>>
>>17855303
Long-time hypnofag here - if you want the absolute best teachings, the real world-class stuff by a career hypnotist, check out the Omni School out in Florida.

That's for hypnotherapy, helping and healing.

Now if you just want to make women orgasm or something you can check out the "Renegade Hypnosis" guy:
https://youtu.be/7p9wYVXLbTY
>>
File: 11148441[1].jpg (34 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
11148441[1].jpg
34 KB, 267x400
BEST BOOKS ON HYPNOSIS:
Handbook of Hypnotic Suggestions and Metaphors - Hammond
(massive catalog of scripts from various sources)

Hypnotherapy - David Elman
(nice overview)

Answer Cancer - Stephen C Parkhill
(a walk-through of the hypnotic process)

VIDEO - Anything by the Omni Hypnosis center
AUDIO - Igor Ledochowski (pron. LedoHOFFski) is pretty badass but sometimes I wonder if his "covert hypnosis" techniques are really just a lot of nonsense

Anyone else?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.